Type keyword(s) to search

Good Witch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Adam is just not a good character. You don’t invest enough emotion in him. They would have been a lot better off if they had stuck with the dude that started the food truck with Stephanie.

Cassie and Abigail's random, out of the blue cousin. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just finished watching The Loft on On Demand and came here, surprised (but then again, not) that no one has commented yet.

First and foremost - Donna is an absolute cafone (it's an Italian not-so-term-of-endearment)  What a pushy, aggressive, snarky b*tch.  I don't care if everyone made nice in the end, I don't like her and hope she shoves off soon.

It looks like Sam and the Chief Admin made nice

I'm just floored how Martha with a city to run, Cassie with 2 businesses to run, Abigail with a flower shop to run, Stephanie with a cafe to run and Joy & Donna with a huge project to finish can find the time at the drop of a hat to drive off to Chicago for 2 days

Oh....and Sam with patients to operate on and Adam with patients to minister to can leave in the middle of the day to go join them.  UGH!

The best part of the episode was going almost to the very end before any mention of the stupid curse was mentioned.

And what's with dressing these ladies in super-tight, high-waisted jeans that do not flatter (no pun intended, as they completely flatten their backside) from behind?  Especially Joy who always seems to have pants with  hems that come above the ankles which only shorten her legs.  Okay - shallow observation over

And judging from next week's preview there must be a time jump because Tinsdale House is having it's grand opening. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, TVForever said:

Did I miss a scene? How did Donna the Awful end up getting invited on the Chicago trip ? Or did she just invite herself?

I originally thought that too, but remembered that her and Joy were supposed to go pick up Martha's MUST HAVE wallpaper that just so happens to be available at a shop in Chicago.  Oh, how wonderfully convenient, eh?

• Love 4

Stephanie said she runs three businesses. What are they? The bistro, and the food truck - although we've not seen it all season long. What's the third? Catering business? Isn't that just a branch of her bistro?

Sam does hip replacement surgery too huh? Is there any surgery he doesn't do? Does he do brain surgery? So if you go to that hospital, you're likely to have Sam operating on you whether it's gall bladder removal or heart surgery.

Is there a gym in the hospital? Or do Sam and his new boss just keep winding up at the same gym at the same time? Why would there by a gym in a hospital? Do they play a lot of basketball in hospitals? I could see a small workout room or PT room but that's a full basketball court.

Who the heck was Olympia? The whole episode was built around her memorial and they never explained who she was. Have I forgotten someone? I wondered if maybe it was Cassie's stepmother who showed up in one of the movies but I don't think that was her name.

Finally . . . nobody ever paid for their hot dogs. In the last scene he said they were on the house but I don't know how this poor guy can afford to give away free food when nobody ever pays him anyway. He must be an eccentric millionaire who just enjoys making hot dogs on the sidewalk.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Finally . . . nobody ever paid for their hot dogs. In the last scene he said they were on the house but I don't know how this poor guy can afford to give away free food when nobody ever pays him anyway. He must be an eccentric millionaire who just enjoys making hot dogs on the sidewalk.

That’s my pet peeve about this whole Show. Cassie never charges anyone for the stuff in her store. She seems to always give it away. Also you very seldom see anyone pay at the Bistro. It makes me crazy!

• Love 3

Does Cassie only teach once a week?

James Denton looks awful around the eyes and Cassie has a weird puffyness to her face. I thought it was the haircut but it's more than that.

I did appreciate that everyone was still hungry after their fancy meal. That felt real.

Also, I pronounce bruchetta the way Sam does.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

In the last scene he said they were on the house but I don't know how this poor guy can afford to give away free food when nobody ever pays him anyway

What made my eyes roll was Cassie and Sam ordering two hot dogs 'with the works' and being able to hold it in a simple napkin and eat it one handed.  I don't know how they make them in Chicago, but a loaded hot dog would be extremely messy and drippy.  I wouldn't be surprised if - prop wise- they were just eating an empty bun, to go along with the empty coffee cups. 

8 minutes ago, crimsongrl said:

Cassie has a weird puffyness to her face

I chalk that up to CBs obvious botox treatments

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Who the heck was Olympia?

I never saw the actual episode, but they did give us a brief refresher scene with her in the 'previously on GW......' opening.  And I guess writers conveniently tied her into the current curse plot by making her a Connelly - the family with the crescent moon symbol

• Love 3
3 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

That’s my pet peeve about this whole Show. Cassie never charges anyone for the stuff in her store. She seems to always give it away. Also you very seldom see anyone pay at the Bistro. It makes me crazy!

That’s life in Lake Woebegone!!

• Love 1
(edited)

@iMonrey,  I had all the same questions as you!  I really have been trying to figure out Stephanie's three businesses too.  I'd forgotten about the catering -- thanks for reminding me!  That was driving me a bit bonkers!

If I recall correctly, Olympia was a mentor of Cassie's either during or right after college.  I think she was in a season finale where Sam and Cassie finally get together?  Man, I need to do a re-watch of the series, but no time for that now.  

Donna really is Abigail 2.0.  She needs to go.  It was a little funny though, to see the contrast of how Abigail now acts and how Donna acts.  I like it that Abigail kept calling her out.  Why DO you get dibs on the rooms first?  I bet a lot of us have known someone just like Donna. I'm surprised Joy didn't reem her for making promises to Martha.  Donna, you just had a rift in your friendship over that!  Learn from the past.  

To go along with our gripes about no one ever paying on this show, it makes me crazy that Donna gets to just muscle in on Martha's project.  She's a carpenter??  Do she and Joy have a partnership agreement in writing?  What about profits from the project?  This makes the lawyer in me nuts.  Just gotta suspend a lot of disbelief, I guess.  

And what did Abigail have to apologize for?  She was hard on Donna, but not unjust.  I found it interesting that Donna just sort of went along with Abigail's apology and didn't REALLY say any words of apology on her own part.  She kind of implied an apology, but yeesh. 

20 hours ago, crimsongrl said:

I did appreciate that everyone was still hungry after their fancy meal. That felt real.

I loved Sam's joke that "That carrot foam was really filling."

Edited by Cowgirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/30/2020 at 9:33 AM, iMonrey said:

Who the heck was Olympia? The whole episode was built around her memorial and they never explained who she was. Have I forgotten someone? I wondered if maybe it was Cassie's stepmother who showed up in one of the movies but I don't think that was her name.

In a previous season Cassie visited Olympia at her bookstore in Chicago.  I think Cassie had some sort of problem/dilemma that Olympia helped her sort out.  I believe, as suggested above, that she was some sort of mentor or teacher to Cassie years ago. 

Edited to add - From Wikipedia:

Season 3 - "Cassie and Joanne [Sam's sister] reflect on how stressful wedding planning can be. Joanne mentions Sam's feelings towards marriage, quickly realizing this is news to Cassie. She tries to reassure Cassie that Sam does love her and leaves Cassie alone in her thoughts to take in this unexpected revelation...Unfocused and distracted with Joanne's info about Sam, Cassie goes to Chicago to visit her old friend and mentor, Olympia (Wendy Crewson). Meanwhile, in an effort to keep Sam from letting Cassie slip away, Joanne encourages her brother to focus on the good things in life instead of worrying about the bad things that could happen. After realizing his true feelings, he surprises Cassie in Chicago. As the two of them talk things through, she assures him that she is willing to live in each moment and see what comes."

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/29/2020 at 11:04 PM, ctlady said:

I'm just floored how Martha with a city to run, Cassie with 2 businesses to run, Abigail with a flower shop to run, Stephanie with a cafe to run and Joy & Donna with a huge project to finish can find the time at the drop of a hat to drive off to Chicago for 2 days

Not forgetting Cassie's teaching job  - even though the writers seem to have forgotten. 

Loving y'alls comments on Sam and the basketball court 😂 I hadn't even thought about it. It looks like a high school court. I wonder why they didn't just have them play outside - did anyone else that watch Scrubs? remember they had an outdoor court space - more like a repurposed section of the parking lot. Makes more sense than a full on court in a hospital which these two suits (Sam and new manager) happen to be devoted to. 

I love how Sam manages to be both a talented general practitioner (running the town clinic) AND a multi-talented surgeon. 

I hope they end the curse business this season. I'm tired of seeing that plastic "ruby". 

The Olympia story was just flat. It would have helped if they had established her as a recurring character. 

Edited by jada
  • Love 2
(edited)

This season just seemed to be all over the place.  It's as if there were a bunch of writers who didn't talk to each other.

- The hot carpenter just disappeared into thin air.  

- I know that this is Hallmark, but is the new carpenter/childhood friend a lesbian?  Not that it matters, I'm just trying to figure out the dynamics between her and Joy.

- What happened between George and that woman at the hospital.  It was started and then went nowhere.  Just another loose end.

- Sam couldn't get away to Chicago with Cassie but is able to clear his schedule to take two weeks off within seconds of being told he has to take a vacation. On a side note I'm glad I'm not one of his patients who was scheduled for surgery.

- Is Casa Tinsdale (or whatever it's called) Tom and Martha's house or the Mayor's Mansion?  What I'm asking is if it's a private residence or does it belong to the city?  I thought at one point it was supposed to be the Mayor's Mansion but maybe that was just because Martha was going to live there.

- When did Donovan's mother decide to drop the mean persona?  She's spent a season being a witch (not a good one) and all of a sudden she's nice?

- Am I the only person who realizes that if those pieces of glass were real jewels they'd be worth a bazillion dollars?

- Speaking of the "jewels" . . . Does joy get to keep the "diamond"?  Actually what happens to all of them?  Does Martha just take them back to her office?  Maybe they can be made into a crown or some sort of Mayoral Jewels.

- And poor, poor Stephanie.  Why can''t she be happy.  What the heck is wrong with Adam?  Why did he spend the last three episodes looking like he was crying?  He was practically in tears when he thought she was going back with her ex but he's ok breaking up with her instead of committing to her? He took the time to buy an engagement ring.  They love each other.  Just say you'll be back in a year.  UGH!!!!!!!

Edited by ShelleySue
Edited because I forgot something
  • Love 5

I just hope we're done with this stupid curse now. Good Lord I thought it would never end. I'd completely lost track of exactly what it was they were looking for. The whole point was that when they started dating, bad things kept happening like flat tires and such. Then they found out they were "cursed" but once they found that out, no more bad things happened to them! It's not like rocks fell on them whenever they were together. I failed to see what was keeping them apart.

- Am I the only person who realizes that if those pieces of glass were real jewels they'd be worth a bazillion dollars?

Yeah - I mean, c'mon now. That hunk of clear glass was bigger than the Hope Diamond. It would be worth millions. And how about the "ruby?" Is it fixed now? 

I agree with ShelleySue, the season was just all over the place.

- Is Casa Tinsdale (or whatever it's called) Tom and Martha's house or the Mayor's Mansion?  What I'm asking is if it's a private residence or does it belong to the city?  I thought at one point it was supposed to be the Mayor's Mansion but maybe that was just because Martha was going to live there.

It is not the Mayor's Mansion, because until now nobody had lived there for years. It was supposed to be some kind of historical manor originally owned by a Davenport ancestor. How Martha and Tom can afford such a thing is a mystery. They were broke not ten years ago, and I don't imagine the Mayor's salary pays that much.

That house has a really weird layout. It's supposed to be this big mansion but the entryway is a really narrow hallway that leads to an unimpressive staircase tucked away in an alcove, with the main parlor area hidden behind it. It is the exact opposite of an open concept, that's for sure.

• Love 2

I subscribe to each season on Amazon and, for some reason, they offered yesterday's episode early before it aired on television.  I have a question though, for those of you who watched it as it aired -- did they advertise that the series would return in October for a special as it has done every year?

4 hours ago, ShelleySue said:

This season just seemed to be all over the place.  It's as if there were a bunch of writers who didn't talk to each other.

- The hot carpenter just disappeared into thin air.  

- I know that this is Hallmark, but is the new carpenter/childhood friend a lesbian?  Not that it matters, I'm just trying to figure out the dynamics between her and Joy.

- What happened between George and that woman at the hospital.  It was started and then went nowhere.  Just another loose end.

- Sam couldn't get away to Chicago with Cassie but is able to clear his schedule to take two weeks off within seconds of being told he has to take a vacation. On a side note I'm glad I'm not one of his patients who was scheduled for surgery.

- When did Donovan's mother decide to drop the mean persona?  She's spent a season being a witch (not a good one) and all of a sudden she's nice?

- Speaking of the "jewels" . . . Does joy get to keep the "diamond"?  Actually what happens to all of them?  Does Martha just take them back to her office?  Maybe they can be made into a crown or some sort of Mayoral Jewels.

- And poor, poor Stephanie.  Why can''t she be happy.  What the heck is wrong with Adam?  Why did he spend the last three episodes looking like he was crying?  He was practically in tears when he thought she was going back with her ex but he's ok breaking up with her instead of committing to her? He took the time to buy an engagement ring.  They love each other.  Just say you'll be back in a year.  UGH!!!!!!!

So many good questions! lol.

The end with the 3 Merriwick ladies in the kitchen was giving me "charmed ones" vibes. 

• Love 2

did they advertise that the series would return in October for a special as it has done every year?

Nope, they didn't mention any Halloween movie. Katherine Bell and James Denton thanked the audience for watching (via Zoom) and that was it. I doubt we will see one, unless it was filmed immediately after Season 6. Which is possible I guess . . . wasn't Baylee Madison still in last year's Halloween movie? 

Thanks @iMonrey.  I hadn't thought about filming and COVID.  No, Bailey Madison wasn't in A Kiss From a Rose, last year's Halloween movie.  They brought Nick back, for his storyline with George about whatever the heck Middleton's version of the Loch Ness moster is. (I forgot the name.)

I agree that they certainly left a lot of open plotlines this year. And, @jada I got the Charmed vibes too.  

Have any of the three tasted the dirt?  It could be that someone left them yummy black cookie crumbs.  Yeah, I'm sure that's it! 😆 Great, now I am craving the dessert where you spread whipped cream in between chocolate water cookies and freeze it.  SO good!! If someone left some of that for me on my desk, I wouldn't complain! 

So when is the other shoe going to drop for Donna's lying to Martha and to Joy?  (Or better yet, how?)

Besides thinking that, if those jewels were real, they'd be worth zillions, I was laughing at the fact that Donovan just assumes the ring is his to give.  LOL.   

Okay, I could do a re-watch of the season, but frankly, I'm too lazy and don't want to take the time.  I totally lost track of what was going on with the curse too.  The biggest thing is who was the representative of the family with the moon associated with their name? (Sorry, can't remember that name either.) And, I had to laugh when Joy smashed her bird. I knew it was coming, but I jumped and gave out a little shriek when she smashed it so quickly!  

I still respectfully disagree with many of you about this year's plot line.  I think that, while not even close to perfect, and while it could have been much tighter, the curse, the puzzles, etc. were more reminiscent of the movies.  Not saying this will win any Pulitzers for writing, or an Emmy for the show, but I really liked this season much better than any season yet. 

• Love 1

Okay, I could do a re-watch of the season, but frankly, I'm too lazy and don't want to take the time.  I totally lost track of what was going on with the curse too.  The biggest thing is who was the representative of the family with the moon associated with their name? (Sorry, can't remember that name either.)

You'd have to watch the previous TWO seasons to pick up this thread again. That's how long this storyline has lasted. All I remember is that some ancestor of Abigail's and some ancestor of Donovan's were supposed to get married. One of them jilted the other, hence the curse on their descendants. At some point either the Davenport ancestor or the Merriwick ancestor had a different last name and that's where I lost the thread.

• Love 2
(edited)

LOL, @iMonrey, that's exactly where I lost it too!  Let's see...I'll try to stretch my memory...so the artist for the painting with the crescent moon...had a crescent sound in her name?  (Geez, this is only from 2-3 weeks ago. You'd think I'd remember!)  She helped form the curse?  And they needed a member of her family to help break it?  And, am I remembering that Donovan's mom is a descendant?!?  They never brought that up again, or I'm imagining it.  And, did the curse prevent Abigail from saying "I love you?"  Or, if she did, bad things would happen?  I only remember snippets.  Just somebody hand me some super glue and my "C" clamp and I'll fix that ruby for ya, and you two crazy kids can go get married.  Just please run over Donna on your way out in your limo, or gypsy wagon, or whatever.  Wait...is "gyspy" an offensive term now?!  If it is, I'm sorry and meant no offense.  I noticed that the show was careful to call it a "traveler's wagon" and not a "gypsy wagon."   Now I must go lie down with a cool cloth over my eyes and a cocktail...

Edited by Cowgirl
  • LOL 3

You got the last part right.  I'm sitting here with a cocktail listening to the latest inane Guidelines.  Glad to see you're still safe Cowgirl!!!  Animation Summer GIF by elif demir

OH, BTW, I think the label Gypsy is a pejorative and has always been offensive.

• Love 1
On 7/6/2020 at 11:19 AM, ShelleySue said:

Mayoral Jewels!😆

On 7/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, jada said:

The end with the 3 Merriwick ladies in the kitchen was giving me "charmed ones" vibes. 

Same here. That and "Witches of Eastwick"

Clinking glasses with you @Jacks-Son! Glad you are back!

Mayoral jewels!!  Oh my gosh -- Martha will have a crown!  It will go nicely with the scarf, brooch and necklace(s) she has always worn since day 1 of the movies!  It's the one thing besides Cassie's existence which has stayed the same! A crown would add to the over-accessorized aura of Martha!

Have you ever noticed that they now rarely ever have both Tom and George in the same episode?  It makes me wonder about the show's budget.  There was one  episode this season (or was it just the Kiss From a Rose Halloween special?) that they were both in.  I commented on this forum about it. 

Also, I really miss Derek, the Deputy cum Police Chief.  He and Martha had a funny dynamic.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Martha will have a crown!  It will go nicely with the scarf, brooch and necklace(s) she has always worn since day 1 of the movies!  It's the one thing besides Cassie's existence which has stayed the same! A crown would add to the over-accessorized aura of Martha!

@CowgirlA splendid description of Martha, down to the fine detail. 👏  Don't forget that voice, can it be considered an accessory; like a bell around a cat's neck alerting you to her coming presence?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Have you ever noticed that they now rarely ever have both Tom and George in the same episode?

I don't even know why George is still there.  He was Jake's father-in-law, and he was Lori and Brandon's grandfather. He was also married to Gwen. None of those characters is around anymore. He was a sort of surrogate grandfather to Grace but she's not around anymore either. He was put in charge of Grey House when Cassie moved in with Jake but now she's living in and running Grey House herself. Does he still live there? Why do we only see him a couple times this season? It's like the producers feel sorry for the actor and throw him some work when they can fit it into the budget. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

the producers feel sorry for the actor and throw him some work when they can fit it into the budget. 

LOL, if they should feel sorry for an actor/character, it should be Sam/James Denton.  I don't know what his damage is, but the guy brings all the gravity of a Black Hole to a relationship. He sucks at it!   Never having bothered with that "Housewives" drama, I have no historical basis for this opinion,  but Sam <= George in the "Interesting" category.  Is it the writing or the Channel?

• Love 5
On 6/29/2020 at 6:04 PM, ctlady said:

Oh....and Sam with patients to operate on and Adam with patients to minister to can leave in the middle of the day to go join them.  UGH!

lol Sam showing up killed me. So many operations that he couldn’t squeeze in viewing the new doctor’s surgery, yet he can take off for Chicago at a moment’s notice!

• Love 3

So a whole season devoted to this curse and an anti climatic ending to that storyline. 3 bags of dirt in purple velvet bags to set up next season's storyline (sigh).

Do not get me started on the inconsistencies of the hot carpenter who disappeared, that no one pays for anything (hot dogs, monte cristos, coffee, Tinsdale sandwiches, tea, stuff from the Bell, Book Candle, etc), missing people (George) and other stuff.

Both Sam and Cassie look like they have had a little too much work done.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I watch the show because of Sam and Cassie and for that reason this season was a disappointment. They didn’t have much of a storyline for the whole season and the whole Adam and Stephanie arc was overly boring, they just took up screen time. Atleast Abigail is an interesting character so her story is easy to watch. They really should shake things up in the next season and also remove Joy (also Adam is a little too whiny)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I just wish Hallmark didn't assume their audiences are completely brain dead. There's a distinction between a sweet family-friendly story and something so insipidly syrupy as to cause diabetes after a single serving. It's OK to put your characters in a little bit of genuine risk once in a while or tackle a real-world issue on occasion.

• Love 7
(edited)

I don't think they know what to do with the show any more.   They have blanded it out to conform more to the Hallmark brand and have taken out the best of what was unique about it and what audiences liked about it.

The movies and the series have all focused on Cassie's relationships with Jake and with Sam, but once Cassie and Sam got married (after a way too long drawn out wedding drama) they don't have that storyline any more.  So they have shifted emphasis to the relationships of other characters, which is just standard Hallmark fare.  They have thrown in a little bit of magic again, with the curse, but again it was drawn out too long and was a rather absurd storyline in the first place.  Maybe the bags of dirt in the coming show will bring that "Charmed" element which others have mentioned above.

Edited to add:  I noticed that Cassie is wearing a lot of black again.  At the beginning of the show she always wore black; then as the changes started to take out the original GW elements, she switched over to "normal" clothes in colors.  This season she is wearing black again, as are the other women.  Maybe they are starting to sneak back to the original elements of the show, realizing that they went too far with the changes they had made.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 7
(edited)

I think the main problem with the show is simply that it no longer focuses on Cassie as  witch.  She lost her occult shop, her herbs and lotions and potions, her broom and her black cat.  Without that focus, they have filled in with other people's relationships.  Cassie is still there, but without a clear storyline of her own any more.  

Someone suggested upthread that the show go back to being about Grey House and its guests, with Cassie helping them with their problems with her witchy powers.  I think that would go a long way toward redeeming the show, as well as bringing back elements of her original shop where she again helps people with her powers.

It's called Good Witch, people, not Life In Middleton.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

When they bring in a small child to up the cute factor and try to establish some kind of new plot around a kid we'll know they're officially circling the drain. Anyone remember Cousin Oliver????? The last desperate gasp of a show which outstayed it's welcome and lost it's course.

And yes, JMO.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yes, especially as this is Hallmark - woman oriented, family shows.  A child, a pregnancy, etc., we are supposed to find those fascinating and irresistible.  So if a show runs out of ideas, those are the fallback.

For a while now I have been shuddering at the thought of a Cassie pregnancy.  Catherine is 51, but I don't know how old Cassie is supposed to be,  Maybe one of the other women would get pregnant.

The sad thing is there are so many things they could do with Cassie as a witch, if they would only bring back the powers she had at the beginning of the show.  Wake it up again!

Edited by treeofdreams
Leaving out words is Not A Good Thing.
  • Love 5
On 7/30/2020 at 12:38 PM, treeofdreams said:

I noticed that Cassie is wearing a lot of black again.  At the beginning of the show she always wore black; then as the changes started to take out the original GW elements, she switched over to "normal" clothes in colors.  This season she is wearing black again, as are the other women.

I’d believe that more if it were only Cassie. I think the actresses are getting older and heavier (it happens to us 🙁 ) and black slims you down in appearance. I don’t think it’s much more than that. You see it in the ever-increasing thickness of their makeup too. 

Edited by steph369
  • Love 1

I'm sporadically catching reruns on hallmark movie and mystery and reliving the good old days. Just watched the episode where Cassie gave an artist a magic paint brush that could paint scenes before they happened. Nice to look back at the episode before it was dragged down by the various relationships and the "ruby". 

• Love 2

I just finished binge watching all the movies in order and all 6 seasons of the show. WHY do the characters on this show put up with all sorts of crap from pushy, presumptuous people without ever pushing back or saying no?! Like, for the longest time I waited for Sam to say to Linda “You ARE aware we are no longer married?” when she was bossing him around in his own home (and especially when she told Cassie to back off). And I so wanted Cassie — or more likely, Abigail — to tell off that godawful chef who kept rearranging the Grey House kitchen.

And what is up with Middleton, I mean just exactly how many curses can they have in one town?! Plus, at the start of the movies it was made very clear that Middleton was just your average, normal small town and Cassie’s “witchiness” made her the town weirdo. Now it seems like it’s really the town that’s so magical... curses, secret passages, magical jewels, a magical wishing well... And speaking of jewels, WTH were they thinking in that first episode with the ruby? A ruby that size would be so expensive it should be in a glass case with a security system when it’s on display — not sitting in a box out in the open where that twit could just grab it when nobody was looking.

What the heck happened to Carter the carpenter? It seemed like they we setting him up to be a love interest for Joy, but then he just vanished with no explanation. (Hmmm... maybe in season 7 they’ll find his mummified body in another secret room of Casa Tisdale that he stumbled into and got trapped.) And then there was Stephanie’s ex, Wes, who popped up and then went away just a quickly. I wish the same thing would happen to Donna, that manipulative little liar.

From my comments above you’d think I only hate-watch, but actually I found it kind of addictive and look forward to season 7, however long the wait may be. And I never would have believed it at the beginning but Martha has become one of my favorite characters!

Edited by CarpeFelis
typo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

So, remember how city hall had archives in the basement?  I think that all of our lost characters (Gail, Derek, those mentioned by CarpeFelis, those I've mentioned in numerous other posts, etc.) have somehow wandered into the archive room and have been sucked in by a vortex hidden behind a shelf stacked with boxes.  On the last episode of the series, some curse will be broken, and they will be spit back out again. 

Edited by Cowgirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

So, remember how city hall had archives in the basement?  I think that all of our lost characters (Gail, Derek, those mentioned by CarpeFelis, those I've mentioned in numerous other posts, etc.) have somehow wandered into the archive room and have been sucked in by a vortex hidden behind a shelf stacked with boxes.  On the last episode of the series, some curse will be broken, and they will be spit back out again. 

There was no Gail. George’s wife was GWEN.