Type keyword(s) to search

Good Witch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Finally.  I thought they would never get married.  I hope Martha is much more tolerable as a host of a show, (although I suppose that won't  last) than she is as Mayor.

Everything was pretty much predictable; even the horse (White horse=Unicorn) responding to Grace. (virgin)

I am not aware of her current condition, but Cassie appeared pregnant, to me (rounder face) and she held her hand over her stomach sometimes. 

I managed to remain awake for the entire two hours, so now the show can move onto working out how each person is going to respond to their new/potential love interest.

Please don't have Cassie be pregnant on the show, but I wonder if they will head in that direction with the other kids headed off to college? Ugh. Sam looks way too old and dried up to be the father of a newborn. He doesn't exude any warmth either. 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Pickles said:

Please don't have Cassie be pregnant on the show, but I wonder if they will head in that direction with the other kids headed off to college? Ugh. Sam looks way too old and dried up to be the father of a newborn. He doesn't exude any warmth either. 

Now you've gone and done it.  I hadn't considered that the new storyline might be pregnancy; now I have to worry about that.  Please no.  I don't want to see Cassie's character reduced to cooing over a baby all the time, or a story built around her pregnancy, and I don't see Sam as a father either.

Unfortunately, I don't see any other storyline that brings the two of them together instead of having separate storylines as we have seen in the last two episodes.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 1

Anything would be better than this tepid bowl of pablum.  Bring on a baby who can make stuffed toys swirl around the nursery, and knives fling out of drawers, coming perilously close to the carotid arteries of every stale Middletown resident.  ANYTHING but this awful cup of tea "with a little kick".

I'm unable, or unwilling, to get through a single episode of this goop.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Anything would be better than this tepid bowl of pablum.  Bring on a baby who can make stuffed toys swirl around the nursery, and knives fling out of drawers, coming perilously close to the carotid arteries of every stale Middletown resident.  ANYTHING but this awful cup of tea "with a little kick".

Yes please. Despite the extended delay, the wedding was rather short.  Now it seems weddings consist of words by the bride & groom and then on the the vows, with nothing in between.  At this rate, weddings should cost about the same as a fancy dinner, not thousands of dollars.

I thought Abigail wanted to catch the bouquet, if so, she was barely standing 10 feet away from Cassie. 

This show is better when they mix in some mystery and not a scavenger hunt for a tree, something that interests viewers, not this white bread shit.

• Love 2

Good Witch Renewed for 6th. Season Without One Star

Good Witch: Season Six; Hallmark Series Renewed without One Star (Reaction)

by Jessica Pena, July 3, 2019

Some good news and bad news for Good Witch. Deadline reports Hallmark has renewed the TV show for a sixth season but star Bailee Madison will not be returning.

The series centers on Cassandra “Cassie” Nightingale (Catherine Bell) and her teen daughter, Grace (Bailee Madison). The two share a special intuition and are enchanting in more ways than one. The cast also includes James Denton, Catherine Disher, Anthony Lemke, Peter MacNeill, and Kylee Evans.

It’s not surprising Hallmark Channel has renewed Good Witch for a sixth season. The series, which is currently in its fifth season, remains one of the network’s highest-rated series. So far, season five is averaging a .22 rating in the 18-49 demo and 2.184 million viewers.

On Twitter, star Bailee Madison announced her departure from Good Witch. See her statement below:

View image on Twitter

Bailee Madison✔@BaileeMadison

With love, respect and gratitude,
Bailee #GoodWitch

11:40 AM - Jul 3, 2019

125 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

What do you think? Are you a fan of Good Witch? Will you watch without Bailee Madison?

So, do you think it was her decision not to return or was it Hallmark's? What about Sam's son? Will he be going to CA for college? So, an empty nest at the inn. Plenty of other people there, but no kids.

Let's face it, the acting on this show is terrible.  All the actresses are forced into the same mold - bright and chirpy, always speaking in the same way, all basic copies of one another, no one acts natural.  I can see Bailee wanting to break free of that mold, going out and trying her wings in situations where she can actually, you know, ACT, instead of just mouthing perky lines.

I remember the beginning of the GW franchise, where Cassie was mysterious, Martha was the bad guy, Abigail had a dark side, they all had individual personalities.  But just as everything else has morphed into the Hallmark style, the acting has suffered as well. 

Best of luck to Bailee, wherever she winds up.  I hope she does have the opportunity to show what she can do with a role.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

At least she did not die. I like that this was announced in advance. I think it's a natural progression for the character and it leaves the door open for return visits.

• Love 3
On 6/24/2019 at 3:24 PM, treeofdreams said:

Is there someone else with a grudge against the Merriwicks?

It’ll end up being something ridiculous like he wants the Merriwick muffin recipe. Or they won the sweepstakes but he doesn’t want to hand over the envelope until he’s sure they are true Merriwicks. It always ends up being something lame. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/3/2019 at 11:43 PM, treeofdreams said:

Let's face it, the acting on this show is terrible.  All the actresses are forced into the same mold - bright and chirpy, always speaking in the same way, all basic copies of one another, no one acts natural.

Yep, they’ve all turned into the Stepford Wives.

• Love 4

Y’all I have tried to watch this season 3 times and can’t make it through the first episode.  It is sooo boring.  What happened to the magic?  Sam and Cassie have no chemistry.  Grace is put in storylines beyond her age, I’m glad she’s going off to college.  And all these random in dwellers just grate.  The show used to be a little mysterious and fun, no it’s just sanitized.  And the four years it took Cassie and Sam to get married was ridiculous.

• Love 5

I hate to give up on a show that used to be fun and mysterious, but I'll be honest here, now I only watch the episodes just to get the episodes off of my DVR.  Martha has always been a pain to watch, but now they've gone on and ruined Abigail. She always had an ascerbic attitude with small little digs at everyone and it was fun to watch her, not to mention she's easy on the eyes. Now she's.......nice???  Is she becoming Cassie-Lite? All of the women, besides Cassie are just Husband shopping, that's boring. Throw some spice into the mix. Something to shake this show up.

• Love 4

I have bought all the DVDs for the series and the movies, but I think it is time to stop.  Unless there is a drastic change somewhere in this season to make it more interesting, I will watch on TV but not spend my money on a show that has been Hallmarked to death.  Very disappointing.

• Love 2
On 7/3/2019 at 8:38 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Good Witch Renewed for 6th. Season Without One Star

by Jessica Pena, July 3, 2019

Some good news and bad news for Good Witch. Deadline reports Hallmark has renewed the TV show for a sixth season but star Bailee Madison will not be returning.

The series centers on Cassandra “Cassie” Nightingale (Catherine Bell) and her teen daughter, Grace (Bailee Madison). The two share a special intuition and are enchanting in more ways than one. The cast also includes James Denton, Catherine Disher, Anthony Lemke, Peter MacNeill, and Kylee Evans.

It’s not surprising Hallmark Channel has renewed Good Witch for a sixth season. The series, which is currently in its fifth season, remains one of the network’s highest-rated series. So far, season five is averaging a .22 rating in the 18-49 demo and 2.184 million viewers.

On Twitter, star Bailee Madison announced her departure from Good Witch. See her statement below:

View image on Twitter

Bailee Madison✔@BaileeMadison

With love, respect and gratitude,
Bailee #GoodWitch

11:40 AM - Jul 3, 2019

125 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

What do you think? Are you a fan of Good Witch? Will you watch without Bailee Madison?

Good, she can't act anyway. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

I have bought all the DVDs for the series and the movies, but I think it is time to stop. 

I just found Good Witch recently on Netflix (I don't watch actual TV so I know I'm still behind current season) and I loved the movies. And even 1st season and 2nd season of the show was good. But 3rd and now the 4th season (just released on Netflix) episodes I have watch are so bland. Everything is about the wedding and I just don't feel it with those two. Sam is just too old and bland for Cassie. From the reviews I have read for season 5 I guess they did get married, but I don't see the spark I saw with Cassie's first husband, Jake (from the movies). 

6 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

All of the women, besides Cassie are just Husband shopping, that's boring.

I agree with this statement, it's all about hooking up with a guy. I'm just not certain where this show will go. Everyone has become so agreeable and 'normalized', even Cassie's shop looks like a hallmark store instead of the more mysterious tea, herbs and curios that she had in the the Good Witch movies. 

But I do love the movies, they were great I wish they stuck to that format instead of episodic TV show.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

All of the women, besides Cassie are just Husband shopping, that's boring. Throw some spice into the mix. Something to shake this show up.

The show has devolved into what my father used to snidely and with annoyance call 'happy people with happy problems'...and not in a good way; in a the writers have run out ideas and haven't a clue what to do with the characters or plotline. Add to that the majority of the cast sleepwalking through each episode and it's a recipe for one seriously boring hour of TV.

'Used to be interesting with a hint of mystery. Now...not so much.

• Love 6

My favorite part of last night's show:

Grace is in bed at the university - roomie says get up, we have to go - Grace gets out of bed wearing the clothes she slept in, no bathroom, no face washing, no teeth brushing & off they go - yeah, sure, just like a typical teenage girl

Nitpicking I know but can't they at least make some of this drivel more realistic?

• Love 3

Sam seems like SUCH a curmudgeon. Too dour. Sam and Nick were not exactly a welcoming pair at the inn. Lol. Cassie was a huge inspiration to her college professor friend. Of course she was. Is there anyone Cassie has not inspired to be a better person? I thought Grace was going to roll up in her pajamas to Cassie's award ceremony thing. Guess she found time to change into a dress. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Huh.  I must be in a really good mood this season, because I think it's such an improvement.  I've really been enjoying it.  However, like most of you, I really miss the magic element of the storylines.  Now it's just magic-super-lite. And, any magic Cassie and Grace and Abigail possessed just seems to have disappeared and left them with only prescience. 

I did get a chuckle about the fact that Kathy Najimi (sp?) was the guest star this week.  One of the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus meets up with Cassie!  A really bad witch friends with the Good Witch! She and Catherine really did seem to have chemistry together. 

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Huh.  I must be in a really good mood this season, because I think it's such an improvement.  I've really been enjoying it.

Well this is good to know because I only watch on Netflix I won't see Season 5 for at least a year but it's something to look forward too. So far I have not liked Season 4 very much.

Yes, most of us agree (In fact, I think nearly everyone here agrees!) that season 4 stunk to high heaven! It's like the writers took drugs and then passed out. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Marathonrunner said:

My favorite part of last night's show:

Grace is in bed at the university - roomie says get up, we have to go - Grace gets out of bed wearing the clothes she slept in, no bathroom, no face washing, no teeth brushing & off they go - yeah, sure, just like a typical teenage girl

Nitpicking I know but can't they at least make some of this drivel more realistic?

In my household, you'd be lucky to even get them out of the bathroom. God forgive there should be two of them. I'm lucky if I can get my master bathroom to myself.

• LOL 1
(edited)

I just started watching this show because my husband loves Catherine Bell and he found it on Netflix. Plus, I'm a pagan so he thought it would be fun. Not so much on the earth religion front. For me 99% of the show is WTF is going on with Catherine Bell's face. It's as if cheek fillers and botox and lip plumping had a pyramid scheme. I like her a lot and find her to be a competent actress but I can barely watch it.  

Edited by Quickbeam
typo
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

I just started watching this show because my husband loves Catherine Bell and he found it on Netflix. Plus, I'm a pagan so he thought it would be fun. Not so much on the earth religion front. For me 99% of the show is WTF is going on with Catherine Bell's face. It's as if cheek fillers and botox and lip plumping had a pyramid scheme. I like her a lot and find her to be a competent actress but I can barely watch it.  

Her face is so plumped up. Way too many fillers. It looks bizarre.

• Love 1

Are we talking about early season's of Catherine Bell's face?  I remember during the earlier season's there were mutterings about too much Botox and other plastic surgery rumors. I didn't do any research on the subject nor her in particular, and I'm no connoisseur of botox, so I don't want to confirm or deny the use of.  However, from the episodes I've managed to stay awake for this season, she appears pregnant, at least to me.  Rounder face due to pregnancy and not plastic surgery.  Her face was fine towards the end of last season, so I see no reason why she would resort to such use now.  Unless she's one of those people who constantly tinker with plastic surgery or injections. 

30 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

she appears pregnant,

She's 50 years old. I can't believe she's pregnant.

I just googled her and found out she's been divorced since 2011 and evidently, she left her husband for a woman. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2
(edited)
33 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

I just googled her and found out she's been divorced since 2011 and evidently, she left her husband for a woman. 🤷‍♀️

Well, my ex was in her late 50's when she got sick and the hospital thought it would be a good idea to test for pregnancy because of course, with all women in their late 50's, pregnancy is always a possibility. Okay, I'm being facetious, although a pregnancy test in the hospital costs more than your average pharmacy pee stick.

If she's NOT Pregnant, although I won't definitively rule it out, it would be sort of sad to note that a woman who is already beautiful would feel she wasn't attractive enough or needed to keep appearing young for Hallmark's image of fresh, young, beautiful, and incredibly boring women, that she would consider Botox AGAIN!!  Her seasons 2 & 3 lips were distractingly plump.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 3
(edited)
30 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

We know that she is not opposed to plastic surgery, as she got breast implants when she was on JAG.

Re: the pregnancy:

https://en.mediamass.net/people/catherine-bell/pregnancy-rumors.html

Interesting article full of contradictions.  Who knows besides CB?  Still good luck either way, but if it IS Botox, please CB, you're already a beautiful young lady, dial it back a bit.

From the article, I saw this quote: "UPDATE 10/07/2019 : This story seems to be false. (read more)".  Cool, updates from the future.  Is this a new scientific discovery?  What else did the see in the future? 

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Her seasons 2 & 3 lips were distractingly plump.

Amen to this! 

And ugh, I did some googling and discovered she's a Scientologist, if the internet is to be believed.  That brings her down a lot in my estimation. 

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

That brings her down a lot in my estimation.

Only a lot?  Tsk. Well, L. Ron's sci-fi books were fun. His other's?  Not my cup of tea.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 3
(edited)

*Tries to picture Jacks-Son sitting on a chair outside his master bathroom (because a daughter or two have taken up residence in there and he must now wait his turn), trying to read Dianetics and he is alternating between chuckling, eye-rolling, gagging, and making scoffing noises.*

Edited by Cowgirl
(edited)

I was just thinking -- if the writers wanted to start dipping their toes back into the witchy elements (though they probably don't, because isn't the base audience for Hallmark Channel now mostly conservative Christian women they are terrified to offend and lose?), they should start with bringing back Cassie's ability to communicate with animals.  They did this for a hot second in the first season where she convinces a pigeon or some kind of bird to vacate Sam's new premises.  Also, can't she have her green thumb back too?

And finally, where has the set for Sam's house gone?  Did it just evaporate into the ether, like Cassie's fantastic garden, spooky metal fence, and a good portion of the cast?

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Love 1
On 6/23/2019 at 9:09 PM, treeofdreams said:

What's up with Sam's hair?  Was I imagining it or has it changed - different haircut?  Dyed?  He has been looking old lately, are they trying to make him look younger?  Something was different.

Maybe Sam should try some Botox; why should the Hallmark appearance droids be restricted to just the females?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

*Tries to picture Jacks-Son sitting on a chair outside his master bathroom (because a daughter or two have taken up residence in there and he must now wait his turn), trying to read Dianetics and he is alternating between chuckling, eye-rolling, gagging, and making scoffing noises.*

Hey!!  How did you know??  You spying on me?  Actually, I have no daughters, just 3 sons who have graced me with 13 grandchildren. Four of which live with me and of that four, three are female (two teenagers and a 4 yr old) AND a 3 yr old grandson who seems to prefer my bathroom because he likes how the bidet washes his ass.

• Love 1
(edited)

Lol!  Well, as long as he's not drinking out of it!

Hey! You just gave me an idea for a plot! Martha wants to use taxpayer money to install a bidet in the mayoral bathroom.  The town needs that money to help fund the next festival.  Cassie uses her prescience to steer Martha to an antique fountain she's just procured from some exotic location.  Martha is thrilled to retrofit it as a bidet and, while the remodeling is being done, a secret artifact is found in the fountain and a secret clue to something in the town is found within the floor of the mayoral bathroom.  Cassie gets to look knowingly several times towards the camera.  The Hallmark formula of a town festival and the Good Witch formula of a secret clue or two are now both fulfilled.  Sam sits in the living room at Grey House and drinks coffee and plays his guitar while Nick plays video games and bickers with Grace. (Sorry, my secretary is calling so I have no time to finish this.  Feel free to take up the reins like one of those stories around the campfire that each person contributes to.  I'll end on a cliffhanger...) Suddenly, Abigail bursts into the room and tells everyone they must come downtown and help Cassie, because...

Edited by Cowgirl
  • LOL 1
Just now, Cowgirl said:

Fortunately, we don't reside in that Southern Border gulag. Although, being a little guy, when he first tried the bidet the water hit him in the face.  His expression was priceless.  Wish I had a picture.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

(Sorry, my secretary is calling so I have no time to finish this.  Feel free to take up the reins like one of those stories around the campfire that each person contributes to.  I'll end on a cliffhanger...) Suddenly, Abigail bursts into the room and tells everyone they must come downtown and help Cassie, because...

*Tries to picture Cowgirl sitting in her office busily typing her latest humorous comment, in the PrimeTimer forum, when her secretary buzzes, "I have the head office on the phone, Line 1, Ms. Cowgirl*

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Hee!  Definitely -- this is a stress release for me!  What actually happened though, was kind of funny.  My secretary:  "Do you want to talk to the Buildings Superintendent?" (I'm a deputy county attorney.)  Me:  "Sure."  Hangs up phone.  Clears confidential papers off desk.  Waits for Buildings Supt.  *Crickets*  Wonders where he is.  ***Buzzz*** Secretary:  "The Buildings Supt. is back on the phone.  He says he thinks you accidentally hung up on him."  Me:  *Facepalm*  "I thought he was here in person, not on the phone!"  *Apologizes to Buildings Supt. who, thankfully, laughed with me. 

So, I know how much you are annoyed by Martha's character Jacks-Son, so think of me when you see her because I do the civil law for our county and have to represent all the elected officials.  I'm not browbeaten like poor Derrick was, but sometimes my politicians are as nutty and annoying as Martha -- only I have twelve of them!  One of them called today wanting me to research the mysterious tax charge on her internet bill.  (See why I need a break like this forum?!)  If your grandson is not using your master bathroom, may I hide in there?  Or, I'll bring my tablet and we can watch Good Witch re-runs together. 

Edited by Cowgirl
2 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

If your grandson is not using your master bathroom, may I hide in there?

It depends.  Do you have the same high-pitched squealing voice as Martha? If so, then No. You can line up behind the girls using the other bathroom.  Besides, my grandson won't get off the pot, and when he finally does, he spends about 10 minutes "trying" to wash his hands (really, he's playing in the water and doesn't think I know.).  The funny part is, he can't reach the light switch so, while he's squirming trying to hold it in, he demands that i turn on the light switch because he's scared.  (His words, not mine)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Hey! You just gave me an idea for a plot! Martha wants to use taxpayer money to install a bidet in the mayoral bathroom.  The town needs that money to help fund the next festival.  Cassie uses her prescience to steer Martha to an antique fountain she's just procured from some exotic location.  Martha is thrilled to retrofit it as a bidet and, while the remodeling is being done, a secret artifact is found in the fountain and a secret clue to something in the town is found within the floor of the mayoral bathroom.  Cassie gets to look knowingly several times towards the camera.  The Hallmark formula of a town festival and the Good Witch formula of a secret clue or two are now both fulfilled.  Sam sits in the living room at Grey House and drinks coffee and plays his guitar while Nick plays video games and bickers with Grace. (Sorry, my secretary is calling so I have no time to finish this.  Feel free to take up the reins like one of those stories around the campfire that each person contributes to.  I'll end on a cliffhanger...) Suddenly, Abigail bursts into the room and tells everyone they must come downtown and help Cassie, because...

The secret clue turns out to be related to why the magic has been draining out of Middleton, transforming Cassie and her shop.  When Cassie tried to use the artifact to reverse the magic drain, it pulled the rest of her magic out of her and left her in a coma.  Now Cassie is the one who needs help!

• Love 1