Type keyword(s) to search

Stassi Schroeder: Don't Fuck With Her Birthday

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

We've run into each other in a few different boards here and I've always respected your opinion (and your username always make me think about Cody telling Paul to just "wait a second" before he fucked off into the backyard and never returned to talk about the egg shells. Hee!). But. 

Why is the blame for the sexual encounters that Faith and Jax had always Faith's fault. She wasn't the one in a relationship when the sexing occurred but it's always Faith that did wrong in this situation. Was it wrong for her to sleep with someone that wasn't single? Sure - but why does none of the blame fall on Jax? Why does it make it okay for Jax's ex-girlfriend and her best friend - who Jax also slept with while she was in a relationship with someone - to not only call the cops multiple times, to not only call the military police and claim that Faith was AWOL, but to blast her in interviews and on social media calling her a thief and saying that she was wanted for grand theft auto. And Jax slides like he always does and like he's still doing. Didn't James admit that he slept with Kristen to get on the show? Why aren't we chasing him down the street with pitchforks? He's just as problematic. 

I'm not touching the whole caregiving thing because that's completely separate from the issue - it's an argument that's being used to distract from the main story. Because I don't think it matters what Faith has done in her life - no one deserves the treatment that she got from Stassi and Kristen (interesting side point: I actually think that Kristen is more at fault for most of what happened but Stassi is the bigger name so she gets all the attention in this case). And I do think that neither of them were rubbing their hands together and ironing their white sheets while doing this but I do think that there were definite unconscious biases at work here and that they both needed to address that.

Further, I'll just point out that I've never heard of Kristen calling the cops on any of the other random women that cast-members have slept with so it's hard to say whether she would have done that - this is the only case of it occurring. 

Unfortunately, Stassi never learns from her mistakes. Just a few weeks ago on her podcast, she was talking about that viral video of Michael Bublé physically pushing his wife during a livestream and "joking" that videos like that was the content she wanted to see coming out of quarantine - she wanted to see couples physically abusing each other for her entertainment. And I think that's the real crux of the matter for me: Stassi hasn't learned. Last time, after she lost sponsors for her MeToo comments, she laughed it off because sure, she lost some but she was getting some of them back and more sponsors were wanting to work with her. If she hasn't learned about comments like that, how can we say that she's learned from what she did to Faith?

I don't feel like Stassi's apology was heartfelt (again, interesting point: I did feel like Kristen's was more genuine). I feel like if it was, she would have apologized to Faith and she wouldn't have waited a whole seven days before putting up a cut and paste apology on Instagram that was probably slapped together in a few minutes. It's words. Stassi could have taken that week to show action. But she didn't. Instead she hunkered down and thought it would blow over and that it would be like last time, and she could go back to being problematic Stassi making "edgy" comments. 

She is a bit of a scapegoat, I will say that. You're right that if it really was a concern for Bravo, they would have done something about it before. Like I said earlier in... one of these threads because the conversation had spread fucking everywhere and I can't keep up, the two big issues were that it hit the big media markets and that Bravo's own black reality stars started reacting to it. Stassi was fucked the second Porsha retweeted one of the articles with "WTH" as the caption. 

I don't know if it's a bad thing, though. It might have the rest of the Bravo stars who have done similar things shaking in their boots (Harry Hamlin wearing the swastika, Luann de Lesseps wearing black face in an episode, Brandi Glanville's "joke" about black people swimming and Lisa Vanderpump pooh-poohing it, Brandi Redmond's IG videos that she went to the "racism spa" for). It's hopefully the first shot fired that lets these people know that it's not okay to do stuff like this - but that's only if the pressure stays on and if Bravo actually want to see this thing through rather than just one performative firing and now our hands are clean. 

Stassi's only in her thirties, she's a pretty blonde, and she can be charming. She can easily turn this around but she's too busy victimizing herself through videos from her brother and her mom pushing the Stand Up and Support Stassi IG group and petition. She's remaining quiet which is the worst thing she can do but it also seems to be the route she's choosing. This may be the first time in her life that she's learning that there's consequences to her actions - unfortunately she had a big stage and a loud voice for those actions so the consequences should be of equal size and volume. 

THANK YOU for your post. It's mind boggling that with what's going on right now with the Black Lives Matter movement anyone could twist this situation around to make the lone black cast member the bad guy. SMDH.

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, gingerella said:

THANK YOU for your post. It's mind boggling that with what's going on right now with the Black Lives Matter movement anyone could twist this situation around to make the lone black cast member the bad guy. SMDH.

I mean, I want it to be clear: I don't think Faith is an angel. I don't think anyone is. God knows she did some shitty things. But I also think that while it's important to get the whole story about the situation, it's also important not to let details that are not part of the main narrative clog up the works. The bare bones of it was: Faith was the only black cast-member. Faith and Jax slept together. When news got out, Kristen started to harass Faith by calling the cops and Stassi fanned the flames because she thought it was funny. Kristen continued to escalate the calls. Stassi, Jax, Kristen, and Sandoval repeated the stories and accusations on podcasts and in tweets. Years later, when she story comes out again, they close ranks and put down their heads and hope for the best.

Again, I don't think that Stassi and Kristen go around talking shit about black people or any other race on a regular basis. I think that, at the very least, Stassi is a product of her upbringing. I'm not as clear about Kristen but I also think she understands that while she may not have been motivated by skin colour, there could have been very serious consequences to what she did. Stassi is, at the moment IMO, focused on herself as the victim (and again, she is a bit of a victim in this but it shouldn't be her story). That's why the past two days have been filled with her brother on IG begging for her job back and these articles about how distraught Stassi is. 

• Love 11

everyone is at fault for something on this show. 

faith is not a good person for sleeping with Jax (because that is just gross), and something about watching an elderly woman (that could have been any of our parents/grandparents)....but that's on both of them.  she disappeared from the show, I always wondered why she didn't really get to speak her side of it...jax got away with it, and got to have a wedding special. the whole situation is so distasteful, and Jax is some kind of sex addict sociopath.  good luck with that Brittany, you got your big wedding...now you have to be married to him. enjoy living in that home, it will all fall apart soon enough.

calling the cops on faith was just vindictive, and I'm fine with them being punished for it. if they stayed in their lane, they wouldn't be suffering the consequences. live and learn.

I think Stassi is more like her speak- before- thinking mom than she will ever admit.  maybe she will learn and grow from this, and stop sitting on her bitch throne. its not a good place.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, 2dogmom said:

I don't think Stassi's home is overpriced, I think she has no idea what it will take to keep a place like that in good condition over the years.  Frankly I think the Tom's were sorta smart to go with their new farmhouses, yes they totally lack charm...but they are roomy and current and probably will make money if the real estate market stays relatively stable.  I don't think Jax and Brittany were smart, because I don't think their earning potential is long term. The Toms' have the bar...and will somehow make it work.

I agree. Plus she's doing a ton of costly renovations and the house isn't really furnished yet. What a mess she got herself into. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, politichick said:

I agree. Plus she's doing a ton of costly renovations and the house isn't really furnished yet. What a mess she got herself into. 

my grandfather was a builder, he would come back from the grave and haunt me if I bought a home like that. I would do anything to talk my kids out of a home like that.  

pretty but an expensive pain in the ass.  a lot like Stassi.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, politichick said:

Handy-man Beau was doing some of the renovations, too - well, if you consider putting up crooked crown moulding "renovations". 

• LOL 5
(edited)

I would argue that if Faith wasn't black, they wouldn't have called the cops on her. So I do think it was racially motivated. Kristen and Stassi specifically went by skin color, and more specifically the degree of lightness to her skin (and tattoos I believe it was). They didn't check themselves before they wrecked themselves.

It reminds me of a time I was at The Rendezvous in Memphis with my work colleagues, all of whom were European. One woman tugged on the sleeve of a random waiter passing our table and asked him to get her something. He pulled his arm away and said "I'm not your waiter, we don't ALL look alike." Now even though attitude is a thing at The Rendezvous, that always stuck with me, because he was was being serious, and he was pissed. I don't think she ever did get what she wanted.  

So in conclusion, I think it was racially motivated assumption on the part of Stassi and Kristen, and it was and is complete bullshit. 

Edited by RedDelicious
grammar word salad
  • Love 12

Bravo is like those primitive cultures who were afraid that they will be destroyed by a volcano so they seek to appease the Angry Spirits by offering a sacrifice.

Unfortunately on Bravo Stassi and Kristen are the closest things they have to a Virgin.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Victim Noises said:

This is all so fucking disgusting.

It outrages me that everything has been taken away from her. Even if she deserved it (and Lord knows she has said and done lots of problematic things in the past), the timing shows that the pretense is off the charts.

And, see?  I'm loving it.  This is just about the best ending to a reunion show I've seen.  As in THE BEST ENDING!!!   I hope I never see her or Katie again on TV.

Someone upstream thought VPR should evolve to a TomTom spinoff and I think that might be fun.  They don't even have to fire Jax/Brit/LaLa or the new remaining cast, they just don't have them on.  Works for me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 6/7/2020 at 4:47 PM, Sun-Bun said:

The worst part of it all is, they seriously thought Faith was a completely *different* black girl who was caught robbing those guys! It was just so irresponsible and tone-deaf and it completely backed up to the whole “white folks think all black folks look alike” stereotype.

Did they? I think they knew it wasn't the same person but thought it would be "heelarious" to mislead the cops and make Faith waste her time on it.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:00 PM, Callaphera said:

I would give Stassi three days of customers saying "I'm not really sure what I've done to you, you racist fucktwit, but I'll take a pinot grigio!" before she rage quits. 

It wouldn't be the first time.  I remember at the first (or second) reunion show, Stassi whined about people showing up at SUR and haranguing her.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, angelamh66 said:

My only issue with this firing is that the timing seems disingenuous. It seemed pretty clear at last weeks reunion that Bravo intended to forgive Brett and Max. And this Faith situation was public knowledge long ago and nothing came of it. To be clear, I’m not defending any of these people, just giving Bravo the side eye for their supposed tough stance now. I guess better late than never... 

I feel the same way.

22 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I might be remembering incorrectly but, in an early season didn’t Stassi mention that her parents were wealthy?  If that’s the case that might be what she meant about having money saved up, it’s actually Mommy&Daddy’s wallet.

Yes. Stassi said her parents had been paying for her apartment and college in an early season, but I'm not sure they're wealthy enough to cover her home mortgage.  

• Love 5

For those worried about Stassi not making her mortgage payment this month, worry no more: her die-hard "Khaleesis" (most likely from that FB group) are sending her gifts and money to show their love and support and to help her through this trying time.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Also, isn't that a $2.1 million home?  Hope she has an extra $21,000 lying around - because that's going to be her annual property tax bill.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

She's remaining quiet which is the worst thing she can do but it also seems to be the route she's choosing. 

I think this time she's really damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.  No one is going to think anything that comes out of her mouth is genuine, unless she straight up says "yea i did it and i don't really feel sorry about it".  

She could post a video of her crying and everyone would just say it's because she's a mess because she lost her entire life and not that she's actually sorry. 

If she tries to apologize more or support the BLM movement more (which she was doing pretty heavily when all the protests started) the witch hunt would just get worst. 

I recently joined the VPR group on reddit to see if i could read some fun behind the scenes stuff and instead found a bunch of really vicious people who are so giddy to ruin a bunch of people's lives. Very glad this group hasn't gotten that bad. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

For those worried about Stassi not making her mortgage payment this month, worry no more: her die-hard "Khaleesis" (most likely from that FB group) are sending her gifts and money to show their love and support and to help her through this trying time.

Oh, FUCK ME. Unbelievable. This is probably the first and only time in her life she's had to be accountable for anything, and now her "fans" are propping her up and wiping her tears. 

For those whining that her life's being ruined, she knowingly did something that could have easily made another's life miserable - or perhaps even cost them their life. And she thought it was hilarious at the time! 

If you think I'm exaggerating, you have not been paying attention these past few years. 

It's unfortunate this was never addressed by Bravo or anyone at the time - especially since it was bragged about publicly. It's also unfortunate that Kristin is not getting the same heat - she is just as responsible. And somehow Jax, the asshole at the centre of everything, gets to skate by freely. 

None of them deserve sympathy even if the Network response has been delayed and disingenuous. 

• Love 21

I think Kristen isn’t getting as much heat because a) she is less well known and has less to lose, b) this is her first strike in the racism department (Stassi has said racist things before not to mention her comments about me too, sexual assault, and domestic violence), and c) a tiny bit because Kristen’s apology sounded very slightly more sincere and she did manage to DM Faith under pressure where as Stassi hadn’t reached out at all.

Jax is getting a lot of heat from fans but the network and production (including LVP) are misogynistic so they make excuses for him, and I also think they buy into the idea that he’s the most important cast member, which is why he thinks VPR is his show (along with his psychopathy which leads to an inflated sense of self worth). He reportedly makes the most money. I think that he, Stassi, and Kristen were the ones that made the show in the earlier seasons (I’d argue that Kristen was more important than Jax or Stassi during seasons two and three, which are consistently rated the highest by fans) but I don’t think that’s true of any of them anymore. I hope the network does the right thing and gets rid of him and Brittany. I don’t know that the show will be a success next season if they do fire him but Jax, Stassi, and Kristen not being on won’t be the reason it’s not. It’s been circling the drain for a while. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Oh, FUCK ME. Unbelievable. This is probably the first and only time in her life she's had to be accountable for anything, and now her "fans" are propping her up and wiping her tears. 

For those whining that her life's being ruined, she knowingly did something that could have easily made another's life miserable - or perhaps even cost them their life. And she thought it was hilarious at the time! 

If you think I'm exaggerating, you have not been paying attention these past few years. 

It's unfortunate this was never addressed by Bravo or anyone at the time - especially since it was bragged about publicly. It's also unfortunate that Kristin is not getting the same heat - she is just as responsible. And somehow Jax, the asshole at the centre of everything, gets to skate by freely. 

None of them deserve sympathy even if the Network response has been delayed and disingenuous. 

All of this.

Stassi is not the victim here. Least of all, the victim of a “witch hunt.” She’s a sociopath who thought it was funny to frame someone for a crime/endanger someone’s life to bolster her pathetic little girl squad. Her getting called out for her phony Black Lives Matter tweets isn’t a witch hunt. It’s being held accountable. It’s also very premature to assume her life is “ruined.” She’ll do her racism apology tour and end up on Below Deck or maybe Southern Charm - they don’t seem to have a problem with racists and rapists.

Its no surprise to me that she’s trying to use the power of White Women’s Tears to rally her fans. It’s exactly what I’d expect from such a basic woman.

• Love 20
17 hours ago, brillia79 said:

She’ll do her racism apology tour and end up on Below Deck or maybe Southern Charm - they don’t seem to have a problem with racists and rapists.

I think she's going to end up on Fox as a frequent guest of Hannity and Judge Jeannie a la Tomi Lahren.. She's blonde, pretty, fairly quick on her feet and will now have a hard on for cancel culture, political correctness and reverse racism, which as we all know is the real racism. That's all you need  and that bloated turd would love that narrative. And Stassi can embrace her new career as Bigot Barbie v2.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

It goes without saying that Jax is a vile sociopathic asshole of the worst order. I didn't mean to leave him blameless in the incident that happened with Faith. He's not. And if Stassi and Kristen got fired, he should be given his walking papers as well. He's literally the worst. 

Also, as I commented on Reddit, Tom Schwartz acts like emotionally abusing one's spouse is an Olympic sport and he's going for the gold. I did say that Bravo needs to practically clean house here.

I know it's not a good look to think horrible things about the only black cast member, but I'm not going to not say what I think about her just because she's black and we're going through a tough time right now. Assholes come in every shade of the rainbow. 

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, brillia79 said:

It doesn’t really matter what you think of her, but you’ve pretty much already said it. There is nothing Faith has done that makes it acceptable for the cast of Vanderpump Rules to her as a criminal and call law enforcement on her. Certainly not having consensual sexual with another adult. Black women have been killed by police for merely sleeping in their homes or playing video games with their nephews. Using the police as a personal hit squad to settle a score, and laughing about it later on is evil.

Jax stating on SM that she was AWOL with regards to her military status is equally dangerous and vile.  NOT FUCKING COOL. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Iris987 said:

I think she's going to end up on Fox as a frequent guest of Hannity and Judge Jeannie a la Tomi Lahren.. She's blonde, pretty, fairly quick on her feet and will now have a hard on for cancel culture, political correctness and reverse racism, which as we all know is the real racism. That's all you need  and that bloated turd would love that narrative. And Stassi can embrace her new career as Bigot Barbie v2.

This is a very viable path forward for Stassi. There are many many millions of people who are not represented by the loudest voices of cancel culture.

That is why Fox ratings are double that of CNN or MSNBC.

She will never apologize her way into the good graces of the outrage mob.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

This is a very viable path forward for Stassi. There are many many millions of people who are not represented by the loudest voices of cancel culture.

I’m sure she’s got a klan to back her up and bolster her career.

She’ll be fine.

Fun fact: outrage mobs and “cancel culture” exist among Fox viewers too. Lady Antebellum, NASCAR  and any head of a health department who suggested wearing face masks in public might have some thoughts on that these days.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
3 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

There are many many millions of people who are not represented by the loudest voices of cancel culture.

Oh, please. 

I saw that Stassi and Kristen have hired a crisis PR team. That's not my area but wouldn't it be best to just lie low for a while and do nothing? Anything they say will be attacked and no future sponsors or employers are going to touch them until the heat dies down. I'd have though the best crisis PR advice would be 'shut up and stay out of sight'.

Edited by Iris987
Autocorrect again
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Iris987 said:

I saw that Stassi and Kristen have hired a crisis PR team.

Yeah, the same one Courtney Love uses. That's, um, not exactly a ringing endorsement (although I do love me some messy Courtney and some not-messy Courtney). Their client list looks like a list of Who Fucked Up in Hollywood... and Shirley Jackson for some reason. 

I'm not a fan of the whole "they're victims of Cancel Culture" characterization. To me, it's Accountability Culture - they're being held accountable for their actions. They can turn this around with a lot of hard work and soul searching and making efforts to show real change. But instead Stassi's camp -sorry, sources close to Stassi - are leaking tidbits about how upset and angry she is, Stassi's mom is leading a social media charge to pretend like none of this happened, and her brother did what was practically a hostage video minus holding up the day's newspaper to prove he was still alive, begging Faith to help make it right. (I'm trying to not be too harsh about a fifteen year old kid, he's also a product of his upbringing and that video was a big nope but he's also young and less set in his ways than Stassi so there's hope.)

• Love 18

Not everyone agrees with cancel culture and the way this was handled. Stassi still has millions of fans who will follow her to her next endeavor.

She will never get anywhere with an apology because it will never be enough. She has a ready made market that she can tap and she can leave the people who will never forgive her behind.

Bravo is over for her but there are plenty of other opportunities out there for her. Crisis management will just give her bad advice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Jax stating on SM that she was AWOL with regards to her military status is equally dangerous and vile.  NOT FUCKING COOL. 

Yes. And he’s still there. Good to know misogyny is still alive and well at Bravo!

What Kristen and Stassi did two years ago certainly wasn’t a secret. I remember reading something about it somewhere (here?) - and thinking really? That’s supposed to be funny?

The whole thing is disgusting. What Kristen and Stassi did to Faith is despicable. Not only because of the racist overtones. IMO there certainly were even if they didn’t “realize” it.

Also IMO, they considered living in LA and being on Gay Pride floats waving at crowds made them think they really cared about minority rights.

Personal rant - how many lower class (or even middle class) black people lived in their neighborhood now or then? Do they even know any? 

I live in a Hope VI project and took a job at 1/2 my old salary in commercial real estate to do Affordable Housing. Why? DC gentrification has been very good to me. My first house appreciated at 400% when I sold it 11 years later. My current house is at about 55%, eight years later even being Hope VI. Hope VI works BTW when done right. Mine does have the one for one replacement for the decrepit public housing units they tore down (even the many vacant ones). My DCHA neighbors are my neighbors for life (see how long I can live in a four story-house)

Back to subject. Faith sleeping with Jax to get airtime too was also disgusting (I think she also tried to insert a pregnancy rumor?). But she’s obviously the most wronged party here.

Not like I don’t think she’s thirsty AF. But they all are. See also Billie Lee. See also stupidity.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

She will never get anywhere with an apology because it will never be enough. She has a ready made market that she can tap and she can leave the people who will never forgive her behind.

I'm one of those laughing and laughing at her.  Not so sure about her ready-made market but I'll enjoy seeing footnotes of her in People magazine.

Looks like Lisa and Andy abandoned her (and rightfully so) and good luck with her new PR firm.  

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Yeah, the same one Courtney Love uses. That's, um, not exactly a ringing endorsement (although I do love me some messy Courtney and some not-messy Courtney). Their client list looks like a list of Who Fucked Up in Hollywood... and Shirley Jackson for some reason. 

I also love all forms of Courtney. She's incredibly talented, bat crap crazy and fearless. You have to have a spine of steel to cope with the vitriol that has been thrown her way and still survive. She's like Yoko Ono except Yoko's music is truly terrible. Neither of them deserve the racism and misogyny thrown their way.

Back on topic, I am also annoyed at Jax still having a job. And I agree with @Victim Noises that the worst people in this are Bravo executives. There is a serious culture problem at Bravo and Andy "I have no say anymore guys, I just host the reunions" Cohen is responsible for a lot of it. The very fact that if they were to clean house properly they'd lose at least 4 shows completely and a good 10 personalities speaks to how bad it is. I'm part of it because I watch this crap but I can still want to most egregious behaviour to be punished. I have no idea how they think they can fire the girls but keep Jax. 

• Love 11

Can someone please start a petition to BravHo to fire Jax, and he can take his hillybilly famewhore queen with him. I want to see those two have to get normal jobs and exist in a normal world.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, brillia79 said:

It doesn’t really matter what you think of her, but you’ve pretty much already said it. There is nothing Faith has done that makes it acceptable for the cast of Vanderpump Rules to her as a criminal and call law enforcement on her. Certainly not having consensual sexual with another adult. Black women have been killed by police for merely sleeping in their homes or playing video games with their nephews. Using the police as a personal hit squad to settle a score, and laughing about it later on is evil.

I never said what Stassi and Kristen did was OK. In fact, it was the OPPOSITE of OK because black people can lose their lives because of bullshit calls to police! What they did was all sorts of fucked up. My number one problem with Bravo's response is that it's disingenuous, transparent, insincere, fake, etc., etc., etc. They are fucking hypocrites and it's not OK. 

Most of these people kind of suck. I just don't think it's cool that until a few days ago Bravo didn't care that some of them sucked, made excuses for their (at times) reprehensible behavior, and gave them free pass after free pass for it. To then turn around and completely change their tune due to public outrage and what is en vogue right now is not impressive to me. It's disgusting. Either be a network who has a moral compass, or don't. But don't pretend like you have one when the reality is it couldn't be further from who they are and what their actions have shown in the past. They can't pull the wool over my eyes that easily.

So no, I don't like Faith. I don't have to like Faith. I can dislike Faith and still think it was completely wrong what those girls did to her. I also think it was wrong for Faith to have sex with Jax and Max in a shameless attempt to get a bigger part on this show. Human brains are great at compartmentalizing things.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Can someone please start a petition to BravHo to fire Jax, and he can take his hillybilly famewhore queen with him. I want to see those two have to get normal jobs and exist in a normal world.

I'm sure they'll be looking for someone to film them doing just that 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Answering in the Jax thread because it's becoming an interesting read all by itself and is completely separate from Stassi. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Victim Noises said:

I never said what Stassi and Kristen did was OK. In fact, it was the OPPOSITE of OK because black people can lose their lives because of bullshit calls to police! What they did was all sorts of fucked up. My number one problem with Bravo's response is that it's disingenuous, transparent, insincere, fake, etc., etc., etc. They are fucking hypocrites and it's not OK. 

Most of these people kind of suck. I just don't think it's cool that until a few days ago Bravo didn't care that some of them sucked, made excuses for their (at times) reprehensible behavior, and gave them free pass after free pass for it. To then turn around and completely change their tune due to public outrage and what is en vogue right now is not impressive to me. It's disgusting. Either be a network who has a moral compass, or don't. But don't pretend like you have one when the reality is it couldn't be further from who they are and what their actions have shown in the past. They can't pull the wool over my eyes that easily.

So no, I don't like Faith. I don't have to like Faith. I can dislike Faith and still think it was completely wrong what those girls did to her. I also think it was wrong for Faith to have sex with Jax and Max in a shameless attempt to get a bigger part on this show. Human brains are great at compartmentalizing things.

Not liking Faith does not change that Stassi is a racist. Deflecting by bringing up Faith’s consensual sex acts with other cast members doesn’t change it either. Nor does deciding that Stassi’s little attempt at cosplaying Carolyn Bryant isn’t really racist anyway. Being disgusted that Bravo didn’t act on your time table doesn’t mean they were wrong to get rid of Stassi when they couldn’t bury her actions anymore. And it’s less to do with their moral compass than it is to do with her being a financial liability right now. They are securing their bag. She fucked up. It caught up with her. If they thought she was worth it, they’d be keeping her on. They don’t see it for her. Oh well. 

The Titanic was great at compartmentalizing. Until it sank. Something about too much water spilling over into other compartments. Shrug.

• Love 16
(edited)
18 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Not liking Faith does not change that Stassi is a racist. Deflecting by bringing up Faith’s consensual sex acts with other cast members doesn’t change it either. Nor does deciding that Stassi’s little attempt at cosplaying Carolyn Bryant isn’t really racist anyway. Being disgusted that Bravo didn’t act on your time table doesn’t mean they were wrong to get rid of Stassi when they couldn’t bury her actions anymore. And it’s less to do with their moral compass than it is to do with her being a financial liability right now. They are securing their bag. She fucked up. It caught up with her. If they thought she was worth it, they’d be keeping her on. They don’t see it for her. Oh well. 

The Titanic was great at compartmentalizing. Until it sank. Something about too much water spilling over into other compartments. Shrug.

Stassi being a racist doesn't change the fact that Faith is a famewhore who failed at getting brought on as a full-time cast member of VPR despite her intense desperation to do so by whatever means she felt necessary. If it meant not only repeatedly fucking someone else's man but gleefully recording it all whilst neglecting an elderly woman she was being paid to take care of, Faith had it on lock. If it meant fucking her boss' son as part of some delusional fantasy that Lisa would take her in with open arms, well Faith had that covered too. Maybe she should join the circus, cause those are some world-class juggling skills. When you're so trashy that even VPR don't want you, well... their loss is MTV's gain, I guess. But it sounds like Faith still wants to come back to VPR. Funny that.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Victim Noises said:

Stassi being a racist doesn't change the fact that Faith is a famewhore who failed at getting brought on as a full-time cast member of VPR despite her intense desperation to do so by whatever means she felt necessary. If it meant not only repeatedly fucking someone else's man but gleefully recording it all whilst neglecting an elderly woman she was being paid to take care of, Faith had it on lock. If it meant fucking her boss' son as part of some delusional fantasy that Lisa would take her in with open arms, well Faith had that covered too. Maybe she should join the circus, cause those are some world-class juggling skills. When you're so trashy that even VPR don't want you, well... their loss is MTV's gain, I guess. But it sounds like Faith still wants to come back to VPR. Funny that.

If being a famewhore were a crime, Stassi would be guilty along with the rest of the cast.

Consensual sex? Not a crime?

Knowingly falsely accusing someone of criminal activity: Crime!

Knowing your accusations will be taken seriously because of your white skin? Racism!

Sucks to be Stassi. But at least Lisa likes her... oh, wait...

Edited by brillia79
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

There are many many millions of people who are not represented by the loudest voices of cancel culture.

The Dixie Chicks circa 2003 would like a word.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)

I think it sucks more to be Faith. But at least she finally got the attention she had so desperately been craving. For years. It's a shame that it only took innocent black people getting murdered for anyone to care what she had to say.

Also, pretty sure elder neglect and abuse is a crime. Also, knowingly recording someone without their permission in an all parties consent state is either a crime or seriously frowned upon.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

That’s the exact opposite audience.

That's my point.  You said: "There are many many millions of people who are not represented by the loudest voices of cancel culture. That is why Fox ratings are double that of CNN or MSNBC" implying that "cancelling" people is solely the pursuit of liberals, as if conservatives have never been known to loudly insist that someone they object to be removed from their platforms.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 6/10/2020 at 3:11 PM, 2dogmom said:

I'm sure Stassi's spending far exceeds the wealth of her family. if they were divorced I doubt anyone supports her in her 30s.  Living in Los Angeles wealthy is a lot different than having a nice home in New Orleas, but who knows she could be loaded.  I didn't get that vibe from the mom.

I don't think she comes from a very wealthy family.  If I remember correctly, she used to drive a Toyota Solara in the early seasons of the show.  That is not a rich kid car.  That's a soccer mom convertible.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:40 AM, 2dogmom said:

I don't think Stassi's home is overpriced, I think she has no idea what it will take to keep a place like that in good condition over the years.  Frankly I think the Tom's were sorta smart to go with their new farmhouses, yes they totally lack charm...but they are roomy and current and probably will make money if the real estate market stays relatively stable.  I don't think Jax and Brittany were smart, because I don't think their earning potential is long term. The Toms' have the bar...and will somehow make it work.

I believe my house is about the same age as Stassi's (90ish years old) and it is the same style.  The upkeep isn't horrendous.  I'm also not sure where in the Hollywood Hills she lives, but I don't think she has to worry about her house gaining in value.  It is a decent house in LA.  

On 6/11/2020 at 12:46 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Also, isn't that a $2.1 million home?  Hope she has an extra $21,000 lying around - because that's going to be her annual property tax bill.  

Property taxes are usually paid with your monthly mortgage, at least in California.  You get the property tax bill and feel shitty about how big it is, but it just comes out of your escrow account, you don't even write the check.  I'm not sure if they even send the bills anymore, I don't remember seeing mine for the last few years.  They might be saving paper and costs and just dealing directly with my mortgage company now and leaving me out of the loop.  Unless you are not carrying a mortgage, then you have to pay the bill.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 3:19 PM, Callaphera said:

Good grief! ANOTHER reason I hate GoFundMe.

"Khaleesis"? Isn't that a Klingon hero-deity?

15 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

She shouldn't have to, but what she and Kristen did was a crappy thing to do to anyone, regardless of race.

12 hours ago, brillia79 said:

I’m sure she’s got a klan to back her up and bolster her career.

Wow. Really?

12 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Fun fact: outrage mobs and “cancel culture” exist among Fox viewers too. Lady Antebellum, NASCAR  and any head of a health department who suggested wearing face masks in public might have some thoughts on that these days.

Sorry, I have not heard of any outraged virtual mobs demanding their "cancelation".

6 hours ago, Steph J said:

The Dixie Chicks circa 2003 would like a word.

I they deserved all that blowback for bad-mouthing their fan base overseas (while apparently thinking no one would find out), but that's going off-topic here.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 3:46 PM, Carolina Girl said:

It's been awhile since I had a mortgage, but I recall my mortgage included an escrow for taxes.

• Love 4

Discussing the current situation as it pertains to Stassi is fine.  Using your posts to not-at-all-subtly insult and poke at each other is not.  Your fellow posters are not up for discussion, snark or assholery.  Knock it off.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

"Khaleesis"? Isn't that a Klingon hero-deity?

Pfft, like Stassi would like anything as geeky as Star Trek. It's from Game of Thrones. It's Dothraki for wife of the khal, equivalent to being called Queen, which was one of ninety million titles Daenerys had. Because Daenerys is, like, Stassi's favourite character from the show and she's, like, totally just like Dany. Or at the very least she's completing Dany's arc of slowly going insane, burning all the goodwill she had to the ground, and then dying. For those that don't know GoT or the books that inspired it, Dany is basically the white blonde haired Jesus hero to a bunch of brown skinned savages. (It puts an extra delicious twist on Stassi's story.) Her fans are called Khaleesis because it was the most Basic thing ever. 

Dracarys, bitch. 

6 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Good grief! ANOTHER reason I hate GoFundMe.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how these people were sending her money but they were claiming to and I haven't seen anything about a GoFundMe - usually people will be happy to troll the comments with $1 donations, hilarious names, and long screeds about how much the person sucks before reporting them as scams. If there is one or something similar, it's being kept quiet. I did see mentioned in a few places that some of her fans sent her two $180 throw blankets from Nordstrom (for her to wallow?) and those ridiculous Everlasting Roses. At least she can hawk those on Facebook Marketplace for a few bucks. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, druzy said:

HAHAHAHA

Stassi, probably: "Feel sorry for me! I'm pregnant! How could you do this when I'm pregnant?!"

1. Welp, Beau's tied to her for eighteen years now. Sucks to be him.
2. The distraction act isn't working. You can be racist and pregnant. 
3. How much is Brittany raging right now? Because she's a wife and now she can't be the first one popping out a spawn. 

ETA: I'm totally predicting that Stassi goes the Aaryn Gries way and becomes one of those weirdly religious mommy bloggers once the heat has died down a little. Because nothing says redeemed racist like cutesy diaper bags and perfect IG photos of your Face Tuned baby. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8