Type keyword(s) to search

Stassi Schroeder: Don't Fuck With Her Birthday

• Start Topic

(edited)

Stassi's book was number 8 on the Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous best seller's list. All of the books on there are Non-Fiction books so I'm not sure why there's a separate category for that sort of non-fiction. I think of Stassi's book as more of a memoir so I don't think that was the correct list for it. Not sure how it would have ranked (if it would have ranked at all) on the general Non-Fiction lists, either Combined Print and Ebook or Hardcover.

Her book isn't going to last on the best sellers list because it's the kind of book where anyone who wants to read it (pre-existing fans—no one who doesn't already know who she is will be interested) will pre-order or purchase it in the few weeks and then it will quickly drop off, especially when the publicity for it dies down. Atomic Habits, which is the number one best seller on Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous list, and has been on the list for a long time, is the kind of book that can grow its readership over time and maintain its best seller status.

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 7

I’m continuing the conversation about Stassi (that we were having on the Media thread)…

I just found an exterior picture of Stassi’s house online.  That house is huge!  It’s much larger than I thought.  IMO she got a really good deal on that house.  

• Love 6
On 5/20/2022 at 12:40 AM, farmgal4 said:

I’m continuing the conversation about Stassi (that we were having on the Media thread)…

I just found an exterior picture of Stassi’s house online.  That house is huge!  It’s much larger than I thought.  IMO she got a really good deal on that house.  

Yeah, I was actually wondering if it's a villa apartment with maybe 4 separate units, but if it's just one house, then she definitely got the best price for it.

• Love 4
On 5/13/2022 at 5:45 PM, glowbug said:

As predicted, Stassi’s book is off the best seller’s list a week later.

I figured as much since she hasn't spoken a word about it since her book tour was over. She must not have made much money of the sales of this one. I hope she put the advance for the book to good use. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/4/2022 at 10:06 PM, farmgal4 said:

She has a shitload of fans/followers.  There’s no way to explain why she does but she does, just the same.  A couple of Vanderpump Rules producers even came to her book signing in LA last weekend.  Of course it could be that she’s a fantastic writer and word of mouth is increasing book sales.  I haven’t read either of her books, but I would kind of like to read the first one, just to see if she really is a decent author.  I may try to get the book from my online library and give it a read.  I’ll let you know what I think when I finish reading it.

She is not a fantastic writer.  I couldn't even get through her first book, and I rarely give up on a book.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She is not a fantastic writer.  I couldn't even get through her first book, and I rarely give up on a book.

Thank you for the heads up, so now I won’t have to waste my time.  I don’t understand her appeal at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 5/5/2022 at 12:29 PM, glowbug said:

Stassi's book was number 8 on the Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous best seller's list. All of the books on there are Non-Fiction books so I'm not sure why there's a separate category for that sort of non-fiction. I think of Stassi's book as more of a memoir so I don't think that was the correct list for it. Not sure how it would have ranked (if it would have ranked at all) on the general Non-Fiction lists, either Combined Print and Ebook or Hardcover.

Her book isn't going to last on the best sellers list because it's the kind of book where anyone who wants to read it (pre-existing fans—no one who doesn't already know who she is will be interested) will pre-order or purchase it in the few weeks and then it will quickly drop off, especially when the publicity for it dies down. Atomic Habits, which is the number one best seller on Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous list, and has been on the list for a long time, is the kind of book that can grow its readership over time and maintain its best seller status.

Yeah, New York Times has something like eight or nine "bestseller list" categories, but the ones that really matter are "fiction" and "non-fiction."  I always wondered if Teresa Guidice's bestseller was actually in the Cookbook category they have.  

As for Stassi, I find it surprising that this little bigot has any fans or followers at all.  She should have been driven permanently out of the public square after what she did to Faith.  I understand she has a "pay to play" podcast - wonder how well that's doing.  I am curious if anyone has heard anything about her trying to nudge her way back into VPR.  

• Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 6/18/2022 at 11:57 PM, Marley said:

I would bet her and Beau are trying to get their own show. Doubt it will ever happen tho.

I wouldn't put a dime in that little bigot's pocket.  Actually, I stopped watching VPR last season after something like episode 4.   I can't find a single reason to like to watch these clowns.  And I used to be one of the biggest LVP fans around.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
On 6/17/2022 at 3:55 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Yeah, New York Times has something like eight or nine "bestseller list" categories, but the ones that really matter are "fiction" and "non-fiction."  I always wondered if Teresa Guidice's bestseller was actually in the Cookbook category they have.  

As for Stassi, I find it surprising that this little bigot has any fans or followers at all.  She should have been driven permanently out of the public square after what she did to Faith.  I understand she has a "pay to play" podcast - wonder how well that's doing.  I am curious if anyone has heard anything about her trying to nudge her way back into VPR.  

I would never pay to buy her book, but I was curious about it.  So I got it from the library and let me tell you all... it is bad.  REALLY BAD.  I was barely able to read the first one, I quit it and I never quit books.  It is all about the "canceling," which I knew going into it, but I actually expected for it to be interesting and to get some behind the scenes info.  But no, it starts off, and continues on and on about how she has really LEARNED and how she has GROWN.  

OMG it is ridiculous.  And boring, so so boring.  And she has these drawings through out the book, they are so stupid.  She also has a chart of her self esteem, through the ages, and then the next 3 pages are explanations of the stupid chart.  I mean, there is nothing here, this is a book of nonsense.

She has a list of Best and Worse Movie Cries.  Also a little drawing of places she has cried.  I can't even... who CARES???  I am going to skim the rest of it in search of actual entertainment...

• Useful 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Folks, please go to Stassi’s IG Stories and check out the first pic.  She’s in her bedroom wearing a pair of black shorts with ruffles on the bottom and a short black top.  The outfit is bad, but it’s Stassi herself that I want you to focus on.  She looks like walking death.  There’s something wrong, very wrong, going on with her.  I’m shook by what I just saw.  Please tell me what you think.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 3
On 6/21/2022 at 4:43 PM, heatherchandler said:

I would never pay to buy her book, but I was curious about it.  So I got it from the library and let me tell you all... it is bad.  REALLY BAD.  I was barely able to read the first one, I quit it and I never quit books.  It is all about the "canceling," which I knew going into it, but I actually expected for it to be interesting and to get some behind the scenes info.  But no, it starts off, and continues on and on about how she has really LEARNED and how she has GROWN.  

OMG it is ridiculous.  And boring, so so boring.  And she has these drawings through out the book, they are so stupid.  She also has a chart of her self esteem, through the ages, and then the next 3 pages are explanations of the stupid chart.  I mean, there is nothing here, this is a book of nonsense.

She has a list of Best and Worse Movie Cries.  Also a little drawing of places she has cried.  I can't even... who CARES???  I am going to skim the rest of it in search of actual entertainment...

Thanks for taking one for the team, HeatherC!  I wonder if the first book is better than the second one?  I’m thinking that her first book may’ve stayed on the bestseller list for a few weeks, but I may be mistaken about that.

BTW, please see my most recent post and give me your opinion.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Folks, please go to Stassi’s IG Stories and check out the first pic.  She’s in her bedroom wearing a pair of black shorts with ruffles on the bottom and a short black top.  The outfit is bad, but it’s Stassi herself that I want you to focus on.  She looks like walking death.  There’s something wrong, very wrong, going on with her.  I’m shook by what I just saw.  Please tell me what you think.

I’m not on Instagram and can’t see the picture. What do you think is so different or wrong with her? 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m not on Instagram and can’t see the picture. What do you think is so different or wrong with her? 

You don’t have to have your own  IG account.  Her account is public, so anyone who wants to can see it.  What is wrong is that she’s completely emaciated.  Literally skin and bones and white as a sheet.  Some people thought that she had deliberately lost weight for her wedding in Rome, but I think she’s lost even more weight since she got back to CA.  I seriously wonder if she has an eating disorder.  Whatever the problem is, she needs to address it.  I’m truly worried about her.

• Sad 4
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She looks like she’s taken it too far. 

• Love 4
On 6/25/2022 at 2:50 PM, Mindthinkr said:

After she was a curvier teenager, she moved to LA and basically got skinny because she now claims she could barely afford to buy food. By the middle of her tenure on VR her weight seemed to fluctuate a bit, but she’s obviously back to the scary skinny size she was in S1-2 of the show. Maybe she’s back on Adderall again in desperation to keep any post-birth weight off, but I agree with @farmgal4 that she doesn’t look healthy and it’s a bit worrisome to note how skinny she’s gotten.

9059861C-AD88-4428-ACC3-39096C003B6A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

What’s really scary is that the camera does add ten pounds so in real life Stassi is even more of a skeleton. I grew on the west side of L.A. and regularly saw celebrities out and about and I can tell you without exception they all look skinnier than they do on screen and in photos. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

IMO, her first book was better but not by much. They read like blog entries to me. As someone who has only seen a few episodes of the show I imagine anything anyone would find interesting in them is dated information in this era of everything online. IIRC some of the things she put in one of the books like the murder house, she blogged and podcasted about in much more detail. 

I honestly don’t understand why publishers keep giving so many reality stars book deals. Obviously it’s money I know, but very few of them have any substance or are worth reading twice or even the poor trees who died for their vapid words to be printed on. At least Brandi Glanville’s made me laugh a few times. Lala’s made me think she needs intense therapy. Lisa Vanderpump’s had some good recipes and table setting advice. Kyle Richards’ wasn’t worth the time I wasted reading it, same with a Melissa Gorga’s. Teresa’s cookbooks are great if you can get past all the dated quips in them about various co stars. Danielle Staub would make a fortune if she told the full truth about herself, she would touch on something interesting (80s Miami nightlife) then not go in to it. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Uh oh... that pic. Big head on a skeletal body syndrome. 

Ikr?  IMO, she was prettier and much more healthy-looking when she was pregnant.  I find nothing attractive about anyone who is scary-skinny like Stassi.  She’s talked about wanting another child at some point.  I guess she doesn’t know that being emaciated can also make you non-fertile.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 6/25/2022 at 2:52 PM, farmgal4 said:

The outfit is bad, but it’s Stassi herself that I want you to focus on.  She looks like walking death.  There’s something wrong, very wrong, going on with her.  I’m shook by what I just saw.  Please tell me what you think.

I think that purse holding husband of hers needs to step in and address her weight loss. Unless he's afraid to rock her boat. I get the feeling she is totally in charge of that relationship. He must be counting his blessings he met her. Before that he was a loser living in a depressing rent controlled apt in WEHO with not much of a future at the age of 40. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 1/21/2023 at 11:55 AM, bichonblitz said:

I think that purse holding husband of hers needs to step in and address her weight loss. Unless he's afraid to rock her boat. I get the feeling she is totally in charge of that relationship. He must be counting his blessings he met her. Before that he was a loser living in a depressing rent controlled apt in WEHO with not much of a future at the age of 40. 

Beau won’t address anything with Stassi.  I’m 99.9% sure that Stassi controls everything in that marriage, including Beau.  He filed bankruptcy at one point, so he clearly wasn’t working much, if any.  Beau seems like a likable guy; I like him much more than I like Stassi, but he’s a pushover. I know that he’s a pushover, because that’s the only type of man that Stassi would marry.  I don’t think they’ll last forever, because Stassi has to be exhausting to live with.  She’s hoping to get pregnant again this year.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I don’t mind Beau. Maybe he’s a pushover but maybe that works for them. Him claiming bankruptcy doesn’t make him some loser maybe he fucked up somehow who knows. Let’s be real not everyone is a huge success and wealthy. He seems like a nice enough guy. 

• Like 10
On 6/27/2022 at 4:25 PM, glowbug said:

What’s really scary is that the camera does add ten pounds so in real life Stassi is even more of a skeleton. I grew on the west side of L.A. and regularly saw celebrities out and about and I can tell you without exception they all look skinnier than they do on screen and in photos. 

When I watched season 1 of the show, that's what I kept thinking. All the girls are so skinny, and if they look so little on camera, they must be unbelievably thin in person. 

• Like 3