Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Barbara Ann

23 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Next time: Holy shit, it was a bunker. But first, they're gonna set off the house.

Soon as I saw the bunker people, I actually said, "Holy crap!" :D 

But yeah, Will and Jason are so damn delightful; Mike cracking a smile after Tandy made a bestiality joke was especially heartwarming. <3

As for Todd and the ladies, I'm a little surprised they hadn't done more exploring of the house in the past several months or so, but better late than never. Guns, explosives, money, murdered bodies, drugs (I got a good chuckle when Gail recognized the cocaine) -- probably not the best place to be raising babies...

Edited by GRChereck
  • Love 1

If the infrared satellite picked up that heat signature, those bunker people would have had to have been on the surface.  So why were there no footprints  from 50+ people entering the bunker ?

Have they always been in that bunker ?  Noticed that while they all had gas masks on, there were a lot of bare hands -- and the fruit trees weren't picked clean, so they haven't been harvesting from the nearby orchard.  So are all these bunker people not immune to the virus ?

Then again -- goats !!  Goat Milk, goat cheese, goat meat, goat yoga.

• Love 4

I counted 114 bunker people in that final shot.  Who knows, maybe they're CHUDs.

I don't get why they are walking -- Tandy et al seem to have no problem finding non-chunky style fuel for their vehicles.

ETA: Mike's lawn chair was missing from that final overhead shot.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

I was confused by the body in the wall. It seemed like it was right there just behind the hole. But then Todd opened it up and there was a giant walkway and light streaming in... Where was the body? 

• Love 6

Just one thing that I hope. 

That those people won't be blown up in the house with those explosives. 

So that we can see something else than the regular bunch doing nothing except whining.

But that's the kind of thing they would do on this show.

Finally!  An episode where Something Happened!  So much better than listening to everyone sitting around whining, which seems to have been the theme this season. 

So they're on the move again, and not even a mention of um, the kid, what's his name... oh, right Jasper.  See, it's been so long I forgot for a minute. 

Did Tandy & Mike at least stop and pick some avocados and oranges on the way back?  Real guacamole would have been a treat for that bunch.

Can't imagine the writers are going to work in 114 new characters, so our group will leave cluelessly, or some disaster will fall on the bunker people.

I have a feeling that the bunker people have ill intent. And I hope I'm right, because this show could really use a good Big Bad.

One question that still hasn't been answered and I can't help but think it's going to be important: Where did Mike get that science van with the heat detector from? Those things aren't exactly common.

• Love 1

I liked all the scenes with Phil and Mike. Funny and sweet.

I, too, am surprised they didn't consider that the heat came from underground. Until the hatch opened, I was thinking there was some geothermal stuff going on.

Todd setting up the corpses in the nursery seemed like a Tandy thing. I guess Tandy is wearing off on him.

I liked Melissa operating the robot-dog.

Carol: Ever since I was a kid I had a fear of being scared.

• Love 3

I figure Mike got the van the same way Tandy and Carol got that military aircraft or the rug from the Oval Office or the paintings from whatever museum. Break, enter, take what you want. Mike worked for NASA. I'm sure he could figure out who has whatever equipment he wants. The thing I find harder to believe is that these people aren't doing more with what's available. Solar tech, gardening, all kinds of stuff is possible but they are basically content to sit around, drink wine, bicker, and eat stale crackers. It's weird to me. Tandy is annoying,  but he's also the only one who seems to have any creative impulse. Likewise, Mike being the only one to take initiative and try to find other animal/possibly human life seems so strange to me. It's kind of amazing that these survivors are also the most boring people ever, with the absolute least interest in anything. Not even hobbies for fun. I guess Carol likes to do craft projects. They're not really struggling, so why aren't they doing anything else besides kind of blandly lying around?

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I, too, am surprised they didn't consider that the heat came from underground. Until the hatch opened, I was thinking there was some geothermal stuff going on.

It was pretty dumb for Mike, the scientist/astronaut, to travel all the way to the Hot Blob, and then not even bother to try and figure out why it was there. Not even some curiosity, at all, to even check to see if there was a column of air 98.6 degrees there for some reason. 

Pretty unbelievable, and it wasn't possible to stretch my suspension of disbelief close to that far. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sarahthenerd said:

One question that still hasn't been answered and I can't help but think it's going to be important: Where did Mike get that science van with the heat detector from? Those things aren't exactly common.

Well Mike is an astronaut, so I guess he knows where the bases with this kind of equipment are and more important how to connect to satellites to make it work.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Charlesman said:

It was pretty dumb for Mike, the scientist/astronaut, to travel all the way to the Hot Blob, and then not even bother to try and figure out why it was there. Not even some curiosity, at all, to even check to see if there was a column of air 98.6 degrees there for some reason. 

I can buy it. He was so determined, so hopeful that they would find people, that when they didn't, he was just lost, despairing, empty.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I can buy it. He was so determined, so hopeful that they would find people, that when they didn't, he was just lost, despairing, empty.

Exactly. For Mike, the big difference between now and the last time he was with the group is that everyone is literally paired off (as opposed to Erica being free while Melissa and Gail shared Todd in a polyamorous arrangement) and most are busy raising their own families; even when surrounded by other people, being the odd one out can be an incredibly lonely feeling. :(

9 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I am so worried for Jasper.

When KSchaal was on 'Conan' last night, she showed a clip that must have been from the upcoming season finale -- the group was talking about moving to Cancun, and Melissa said something about leaving Jasper some things that would help him find the group in case he ever wants to rejoin them. :)

• Love 1

Ooh, that's reassuring. It is a very weird situation they have set up, though. Jasper's pretty close to being a "feral child" (that definitely doesn't sound like a polite term, but I don't think there's any other?) and I guess they lack the capacity to care for him the way people would've done in a pre-virus world.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GRChereck said:

When KSchaal was on 'Conan' last night, she showed a clip that must have been from the upcoming season finale -- the group was talking about moving to Cancun, and Melissa said something about leaving Jasper some things that would help him find the group in case he ever wants to rejoin them. :)

Oh, that's just an awful way to leave it with Jasper.  How in the world would a - how old is he, 10? 12? - let's say 12 year old ever be able to track down the group, no matter what they left him?  That's just leaving him to die.  Alone.  I don't know what the writers were thinking introducing that character in the first place, but to write him out like that is lazy lazy writing and will cement each of these characters as horrible people with no redeeming qualities.  Yes, that's harsh (and weird, considering this is just a silly tv show) but that would be the end result for me. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, GRChereck said:

Oh my fucking God!

3 hours ago, chaifan said:

Oh, that's just an awful way to leave it with Jasper.  How in the world would a - how old is he, 10? 12? - let's say 12 year old ever be able to track down the group, no matter what they left him?  That's just leaving him to die.  Alone.  I don't know what the writers were thinking introducing that character in the first place, but to write him out like that is lazy lazy writing and will cement each of these characters as horrible people with no redeeming qualities.  Yes, that's harsh (and weird, considering this is just a silly tv show) but that would be the end result for me. 

What was the point is right.  With having the 3 little girls he is needed .

• Love 1

I really wanna see that clip, is it online anywhere?

But as far as Jasper goes - he's made it kinda clear he doesn't wanna be in the group anymore, and he survived fine before he met them, even. He can drive cars, use explosives, sneak into places wearing only a Yoda costume... I wish they would write him out in a better way too, if that's really what they're doing, but "this weirdly capable kid has gone off to have adventures of his own" is definitely better than "this kid was killed by a bomb" which is what I feared might happen all the way through the first half of the season.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sarahthenerd said:

I really wanna see that clip, is it online anywhere?

I don't think it's up yet, but I'll keep an eye out in case FOX releases it as an official sneak-peek clip later in the week...

I was confused by the body in the wall. It seemed like it was right there just behind the hole. But then Todd opened it up and there was a giant walkway and light streaming in... Where was the body?

Yeah, I was confused about that too. My guess: Todd said one of the corpses was nothing but a disembodied head, and maybe that was the one - we only saw the head when he was opening up the wall, and then it was gone, so maybe he pulled that out before he got the sledgehammer.

• Love 1

That bit made no sense either. Throughout the show we've seen only vehicles that people had to drive. Where does a self-driving car come from all of a sudden?

12 hours ago, wendyg said:

That bit made no sense either. Throughout the show we've seen only vehicles that people had to drive. Where does a self-driving car come from all of a sudden?

There was that one self-driving car before they arrived at the office complex, but it drove off so I don't know where they got another one.