Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Pulp Friction

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Did anyone catch Peyton on RelationShep who can fill us in on what she's like?  I watched for a hot minute and found her to be completely lacking in personality, maybe kind of temper-tantrum thrower/pouter, also?  She strikes me as the type who the guys all label as "hot" but the ladies see as a lump of mush.  I'm hoping she's not a permanent addition to the cast but at this point, it's looking like she probably is. 

She was exactly that way on “Relationshep”: trying so hard around the guys to act like the ball-busting, sports-loving “cool girl,” when in reality she was pouty, snarky, often exhibiting jealous tendencies and just has an uppity vibe about her. Definitely not a “girl’s girl” and she didn’t really hang well with the other girls, so there’s that.

• Love 14
On 5/4/2018 at 6:24 AM, pasdetrois said:

Naomie has lost control of her show narrative and she knows it.

Naomie is getting such a bad edit this season.  I get she is acting out but my goodness they aren't leaving anything to doubt with her... She is on everyone's case and just seems plain old mean at this point...

On 5/4/2018 at 3:28 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm on the Kathryn Isn't Out Of The Weeds Yet team.  Plus, a Berkin bag Kathryn?  Gurl, you better stick that cash in a bank account.  Reality TV doesn't make for long careers, outside of those horrible people with a double K monogram.

Yeah, she may have over-acted that particular scripted scene.

Her Birkin is faux -- I think this was established a few seasons ago when she met her friend for lunch and was carrying this bag or one similar.  

• Love 3
On 5/6/2018 at 10:22 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Ravenel’s pastor has to be least conservative minister I’ve ever seen in the south to give his tacit approval to such frowned upon behavior though more than likely it's the generous tithe he gets from him that keeps him looking the other way. He’s worse than T-Rav. 

I can't believe Thomas goes to church. I wonder which one it is. His name and money must keep him from getting struck by lightning. 

• Love 4

I am highly sensitive to noises so forgive me for my pettiness. Chelsea's 's' make me cringe! Just speak, girl! Ssssso I just talked to Sssshep and he is ssssssso awessssome. Ugh!

Peyton....sorry, I don't see what everyone is threatened by. Imo she isn't even cute.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, lest we forget the plot - (read the first comment by Naomi)

Screenshot (336).png

Glad Naomie and Peyton made up.  They seem to be in the same zone in terms of age, intellect and social skills and could be good friends.

Peyton is FAR prettier as a brunette, and Naomie does look pretty here with the new nose (although I still liked her better with the original).

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Sherilea43 said:

I am highly sensitive to noises so forgive me for my pettiness. Chelsea's 's' make me cringe! Just speak, girl! Ssssso I just talked to Sssshep and he is ssssssso awessssome. Ugh!

I hear a lot of sibilance lately.  I blame it on the onslaught of teeth veneers.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I hear a lot of sibilance lately.  I blame it on the onslaught of teeth veneers.

My first set were too large and caused my speech to be off a little.  I had to get a new set to correct it. I liked the really big look though. lol

I have looked closely at Naomi and now I see why she got the surgery.  She looked good, but, it was distracting.  A little adjustment made sense, imo. She doesn't annoy me that much, because I keep thinking of the crap she put up with when with Craig.  When she gravitates back to him it irritates me.  Like Cameron said, some people are just not meant to be in your life. They drive you crazy.  Leave Craig alone.  Honestly, what is the attraction?

Besides, Kathryn, I find Craig the most detestable person on the show.  Just totally uninteresting to me. And hey, I can't stand Shep or Austen either, now. 

Whitney doesn't bother me at all. And Thomas....I don't really care one way or the other. 

I'm not sure why I don't care for Chelsea, but, I just don't.  Something about her just annoys me. 

And of course, I still like Cameran and Patricia. 

• Love 6
On 5/5/2018 at 7:30 PM, RHJunkie said:

The more I see Naomi go off on Craig, the more I feel like Naomi is a little bit resentful.

I thought she was resentful because I thought Craig had said he ended the relationship but then in another episode he made it seem like she did.  so I'm confused. 

On 5/7/2018 at 9:21 AM, Kiki620 said:

I saw it too.  I'm not sure which explanation is worse or more annoying!

Did anyone catch Peyton on RelationShep who can fill us in on what she's like?  I watched for a hot minute and found her to be completely lacking in personality, maybe kind of temper-tantrum thrower/pouter, also?  She strikes me as the type who the guys all label as "hot" but the ladies see as a lump of mush.  I'm hoping she's not a permanent addition to the cast but at this point, it's looking like she probably is. 

Austen's Mom has very strong genes.  Eesh.   

I'm glad you asked because I was wondering why we shouldn't like Peyton either lol  I didn't watch Shep's show.  But she must have struck a cord with someone to get her a spot on this show. 

I can't wait till we get to the part of the season where the mean girl group starts going after Ashley. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Sherilea43 said:

Peyton....sorry, I don't see what everyone is threatened by. Imo she isn't even cute.

She really isn't - she has a porcine nose, and it is really distracting.

She looked ok in the unicorn get-up.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I thought she was resentful because I thought Craig had said he ended the relationship but then in another episode he made it seem like she did.  so I'm confused.

Hmm, now that you mention it, I'm not sure who actually broke up with who. I was always under the impression that Craig was the one that was dumped because he seems interested in getting back together and attempting to do things that will inspire Naomi to give him another chance.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Ravenel’s pastor has to be least conservative minister I’ve ever seen in the south to give his tacit approval to such frowned upon behavior though more than likely it's the generous tithe he gets from him that keeps him looking the other way. He’s worse than T-Rav. 

Reminds me of the priests that didn't refuse mafia money given to the church and knew damn well where and who it came from.

• Love 5
On 5/6/2018 at 11:20 AM, NinaH said:

You’re a good, true sister/friend. My friends all know that not only do they have my permission, but that I expect them to straighten me out if I ever get out of line. I may not appreciate it in the moment, but when I am able to fully process & settle down, I will be grateful. And they get the same treatment from me. 

Thank you!  It was about not wanting her to look bad and I know she was better than that.   Plus, put yourself in the innocent new persons shoes.  We gals are there to hold your hair if necessary, clean up if you are messy, and be honest.  I will also tell ya if you have lettuce in your teeth or 'legs' sticking out of your nose :).  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ninjago said:

What made this show fun was the glimpses into the weird, fucked-up hierarchy of Charleston, SC, where debauched, worthless assholes like TRav, Katherine and Shep somehow deserve deference because their families owned the most slaves in 1860.  Cam was the greek chorus, Craig was the little boy pointing out the emperor had no clothes and Whitney and Pat were weirdos who were forever going to be on the outside looking in.

This new, all b-team cast of Naomie, Peyton, Ashley, and Austen is the same generic, slightly above-average looking, perma-drunk, desperately single cast of every reality show from The Real World to the Bachelorette.  Boo.

You summed it up perfectly. It’s like I’m back in college and the new frat boys and sorority girls are ruining it for the old guard.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ninjago said:

What made this show fun was the glimpses into the weird, fucked-up hierarchy of Charleston, SC, where debauched, worthless assholes like TRav, Katherine and Shep somehow deserve deference because their families owned the most slaves in 1860.  Cam was the greek chorus, Craig was the little boy pointing out the emperor had no clothes and Whitney and Pat were weirdos who were forever going to be on the outside looking in.

This new, all b-team cast of Naomie, Peyton, Ashley, and Austen is the same generic, slightly above-average looking, perma-drunk, desperately single cast of every reality show from The Real World to the Bachelorette.  Boo.

And we're all watching it, according to plan.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ninjago said:

If I could like this over and over, I would. 

The ridiculous premise of this show was what gave it the "charm". You described it perfectly in your first paragraph. We all know these are ridiculous people but we watch for the fun of it. We watch for the ridiculous plantation parties, the talk of revered generations, etc. But now, with the show's attempt of "normalizing" the South by including "normal" characters - oh look, your boy Austen is just your average regular joe (now without a job), or look, Chelsea is the tomboy hair stylist - it just has become the Charleston version of VR. 

• Love 7

Rewatching Season 2: 

1) Why did Kensie sleep in the basement alone as an infant??! Horrible. 

2) Thomas probably insisted. But...maybe it was Kathryn. 

2) I see the gaslighting by Thomas more clearly now. I see why Kathryn went off the rails. She had some issues before but he drove her to true madness. 

3) Craig was always a bum. He got fired, his attorney friend thought he was an idiot, he “forgot” his wallet at the bars and tried to pretend he was rich like Shep and Thomas. He hated to get up early or work. Now he sews pillows. Nice enough guy but too bleh about life. 

4) I liked when Whitney actually was a participant in the show/drama. The newer cast can’t compete. 

• Love 5
On 5/7/2018 at 1:14 PM, woodscommaelle said:

The scene of Whitney and Patricia at dinner with Thomas reminded me of the movie Harold and Maude.

I love that movie!!

• Love 4
On 5/6/2018 at 7:22 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

He is getting a mulligan?  Pretty popular these days.

• Love 2
On 5/6/2018 at 11:27 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Finally caught this episode today. And good lawdy, y’all were all right about Naomi this episode: she’s nuttier than a fruitcake!!

First of all, if you have to keep asking people if they know who you’re dressed up as, your costume officially sucks. And the Mia Wallace costume doesn’t work well solo; it’s a couples costume that requires a Vincent Vega to make it work!

Second of all, rude much? Why would you even show up at a party co-hosted by a gal you don’t like, only to turn around and then pointlessly attack the hostess?? I know, camera time and all...but still...Peyton didn’t deserve all that bullshit slung at her.

Finally, stop with the neverending  “thirsty” accusations; if I never hear that term again on this show it’ll be too soon. And guess what, girl? You’re on a reality show cast, which means you’re ALL officially thirsty! So just let it go already.

That said, Peyton’s costume sucked. Unicorns have white and rainbow/pink/purple coloring usually, not blue hair and green skin. But most of the costumes sucked ass; Kathryn looked cute but I’m still not sure what she was dressed as.

Austen the Duck Magnet. Bless his heart.

And Thomas, quit shaving your crazy brows; get some trimming scissors and learn how to use them properly.

I thought she was going for a My Pretty Pony combined with unicorn.  HA!  But yeah, they are white.  What WAS Katherine?  The boys didn't seem to put a lot of thought into their costumes.  Many pirates there.  I thought JD was appropriate as Trump.  I am sure they are very similar.

• Love 2
On 5/7/2018 at 11:32 PM, babyhouseman said:

I can't believe Thomas goes to church. I wonder which one it is. His name and money must keep him from getting struck by lightning. 

Its for appearances to boost his image.  Also to assuage  his guilty guilty Conscience. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/10/2018 at 12:28 PM, Sage47 said:

Rewatching Season 2: 

1) Why did Kensie sleep in the basement alone as an infant??! Horrible. 

2) Thomas probably insisted. But...maybe it was Kathryn. 

2) I see the gaslighting by Thomas more clearly now. I see why Kathryn went off the rails. She had some issues before but he drove her to true madness. 

3) Craig was always a bum. He got fired, his attorney friend thought he was an idiot, he “forgot” his wallet at the bars and tried to pretend he was rich like Shep and Thomas. He hated to get up early or work. Now he sews pillows. Nice enough guy but too bleh about life. 

4) I liked when Whitney actually was a participant in the show/drama. The newer cast can’t compete. 

Thank you on the Gaslighting comment. Its so obvious, in your face manipulation of a vulnerable young girl. I can see why it made her volitile in the past. So far she seems to have it together this season, and has yet to pick a fight or a drama. Even though her haters ignorantly refuse to see that she has grown by leaps and bounds, I am impressed by her these days. A sober Kathryn is a force of nature in a good Way. Even if she Relapses, she will get right back on track I think.

Just stay away from wetbrain Thomas. Jeez. 

Edited by ozzy
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, ozzy said:

Its for appearances to boost his image.  Also to assuage  his guilty guilty Conscience. 

For appearances, yes, even to stay on the right side of the Ravenel family and its moneyy/power - but I’m not convinced he has a conscience.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1
On 5/4/2018 at 12:50 PM, zoeysmom said:

Craig met and made the comment about Payton three months earlier-Chelsea very carefully omitted that part of the equation.  Complaining to Kathryn -who slept with three of the cast members in a two week period just to get on the show would seem a tad insensitive.

I confess this made me laugh so hard.  Naomie is sitting at the table bitching and moaning about Peyton going from guy to guy and using them to get on a reality show, as she's sitting directly across from Kathryn, OMG, I could not stop laughing.  Kathryn didn't say much to that, lol. 

Naomi was a nasty mean girl, but the mean girl posse didn't seem in the least bit disturbed or self-aware about the "thirsty bitch" commentary.

• Love 2

This is a side thought...but why was it so bad that Katherine slept with the three guys in two weeks? Yes, I know, Ick. But it wouldn't be questioned if Shep had done that with three girls. Katherine was single and wasn't banging another woman's man...so let her have her fun. That just always bothered me.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Sherilea43 said:

This is a side thought...but why was it so bad that Katherine slept with the three guys in two weeks? Yes, I know, Ick. But it wouldn't be questioned if Shep had done that with three girls. Katherine was single and wasn't banging another woman's man...so let her have her fun. That just always bothered me.

Be it a man or woman in a group of 10 people it does change the dynamic when one person has been intimate with three of the five men.  Shep is no better and he claims his life is unfulfilled.  Maybe just once he needs to just let one opportunity pass.

Here is Craig letting the cat out of the bag-  http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-1/videos/craig-calls-out-kathryn-at-thomas-dinner  Kathryn is so arrogant.  There are four clips my personal favorite being the one where Kathryn tries to kick Craig out of Thomas' house.  Of course her ridiculous fake eyelashes just add to the faux horror of it all.    

• Love 3

I don’t like slut-shaming I’m the least either(if you like having casual sex with multiple willing partners, you do you and enjoy!), but I think what was so gross about Kathryn’s particular rendezvous with this group of guys was that she was so obvious and calculating with her pursuit.

It was easy to spot her desperation to be on the show, and she made a point to zero in on all the richest male cast members. She didn’t even bother with Craig despite him being nearest to her age and his initial interest in her, because he didn’t have enough money/status for her. As soon as the richest one in the cast took notice of her, she quickly ditched her entry via Whitney and mostly forgot about her fling with Shep, then she all but moved in with Thomas and was planning their future family and happily ever after’s within just a few weeks of snagging him.

It was just way too much too fast for someone as young as she was and it reeked of opportunism mostly on her part at the time—-she obviously wanted to escape from her dilapidated family home in the boonies so she could be a rich kept housewife who had that fab downtown lifestyle she craved in the early days with Thomas. And she really had gotten haughty and full of herself when things were good in the beginning with Thomas; she loved attempting to kick people out of “their” house and events if they dared question her motives.

I’d be just as grossed out by a man if the tables were turned and he had made his way into a reality show cast via sleeping around with all sorts of rich female cast members. Two words: Slade Smiley.

• Love 7
On 04/05/2018 at 10:41 AM, ProudMary said:

ENOUGH with the "thirsty." 

Agree 100%.  Last year's buzz word was salty, could "thirsty" be a direct result of everyone being so "salty"????

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

I don’t like slut-shaming I’m the least either(if you like having casual sex with multiple willing partners, you do you and enjoy!), but I think what was so gross about Kathryn’s particular rendezvous with this group of guys was that she was so obvious and calculating with her pursuit.

It was easy to spot her desperation to be on the show, and she made a point to zero in on all the richest male cast members. She didn’t even bother with Craig despite him being nearest to her age and his initial interest in her, because he didn’t have enough money/status for her. As soon as the richest one in the cast took notice of her, she quickly ditched her entry via Whitney and mostly forgot about her fling with Shep, then she all but moved in with Thomas and was planning their future family and happily ever after’s within just a few weeks of snagging him.

It was just way too much too fast for someone as young as she was and it reeked of opportunism mostly on her part at the time—-she obviously wanted to escape from her dilapidated family home in the boonies so she could be a rich kept housewife who had that fab downtown lifestyle she craved in the early days with Thomas. And she really had gotten haughty and full of herself when things were good in the beginning with Thomas; she loved attempting to kick people out of “their” house and events if they dared question her motives.

I’d be just as grossed out by a man if the tables were turned and he had made his way into a reality show cast via sleeping around with all sorts of rich female cast members. Two words: Slade Smiley.

You hit every nail on the head. Shep was a cast member, he didn’t need to sleep his way in. I do remember him being called a manwhore, especially after that one girl left his house the next morning.

She had Thomas in the palm of her hand, she had his children... but they were living in his country home and he expected her to be a wife. Not go to town to party with her friends, leaving the kids with a nanny. She quickly grew bored of that lifestyle and bolted.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

I don’t like slut-shaming I’m the least either (if you like having casual sex with multiple willing partners, you do you and enjoy!), but I think what was so gross about Kathryn’s particular rendezvous with this group of guys was that she was so obvious and calculating with her pursuit.

Right on, Sun-Bun!  Although, I have to say, I don't even mind the pursuing part.   

I'm down with most things so long as there is full disclosure and consent and no one gets hurt.  I just don't care if women sleep their way from goal 1 to goal 2.   My feelings are that if they knew how to do it any other way they would and/or sex in this way isn't bothersome to them (and it doesn't need to be....we are all different and have different world views - including about sex).

Not my body, not my decision.

• Love 1

Charmers,

You know that chat we've had in a few of the threads?  The one about learning to ignore people who are getting under your skin?  The joy of the ignore feature? How we need to be civil when addressing our fellow Charmers?  

Well, bless your hearts, some of you seem to be forgetting that.  So some of your posts may now only be visible to the good Lord above and the Mods.  Even TRav, with all of his money, cannot make those uncivil missives reappear. 

If you need a reminder on how to use the ignore feature: 

If you need to take a moment to fan yourself so you too can respond with "bless your heart" rather than "let me tell you why you are wrong! wrong! wrong!", just step away, have a nice iced beverage (adult or not), and rethink your response.  When you're feeling cool, calm and collected, come on back down to the Southern Charm threads and post away! 

• Love 6

I've read through a few pages and don't see that anyone will probably agree with me but I liked that Naomie went off on Peyton. Where some of these characters came to be on the show more naturally and others came as an attachment at least it seemed more fluid than Peyton (and Ashley) just moving to Charleston to be on the show.  I don't even care if Kathryn had to climb onto anyone to be on the show, at least she is from the area.  

As for Naomie I am not sure why she is acting with Craig the way she is.  Why act so jealous and still want to see his every move but then not even attempt to be nice to him?  I feel a little sorry for Craig. He was so happy meeting that life coach.  He obviously still loves Naomie and is concerned with burning his own bridge with her and that is endearing. 

Everyone wants to open their own brewery or create their own craft beer. My sister and her husband want to do that and I wanted to roll my eyes.  

Ugh I can't believe I find Whitney attractive this season.  

• Love 1