Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

I know, right?!! I can watch them all on repeat-- they are hilarious!! I found them at http://www.bravotv.com/vanderpump-rules/season-1/videos/vanderdolls-rules

No other seasons though :'(

Thank you for the link! Maybe we should circulate a petition to persuade them to create more!

And I feel like we have to get the word out that anyone who watches VPR absolutely MUST watch these videos. 

• Love 2

Courtesy of Hulu, I've just begun to start rewatching from season 1.

I'd almost forgotten how goddamned glorious this show was.  

Due to life, I believe I stopped watching somewhere around season 5.

So what's the judgment, my fellow posters? 

Is this show still as grand and glorious and is it worth sitting through all of the seasons to catch up, or has it passed its expiration date?

I'm so glad it's Friday and I can sit on my ass and spend my weekend wallowing in the deliciousness of this snarkfest.  

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Is this show still as grand and glorious and is it worth sitting through all of the seasons to catch up, or has it passed its expiration date?

I'm so glad it's Friday and I can sit on my ass and spend my weekend wallowing in the deliciousness of this snarkfest.  

The latest season had some great moments and fights. I don’t want to spoil anything for you but there’s an epic fight that is about pasta. And it’s.. pretty great.

The season before this  latest one wasn’t the greatest actually.. when I think about it it’s actually kind of a rough season because it’s all about Tom and Katie and their wedding and Katie is edited really bad and while some of the bad edit is deserved, this latest season proved that Scwartz is kind of a jerk sometimes. But yeah just my opinion.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

Im doing my very first rewatch of the series since it began and I forgot so much stuff happened! 

Jax being the original Scheana, getting with Laura Leigh and then dropping her in a blink of an eye as soon as he found out she had issues.

Jax spending 2 seasons worshiping the ground that Stassi walks on and trying so hard to get her back compared to how he treats Brittany. Though Stassi really put him through the ringer like Brittany should have.

Forgot that Schwartzy was such a none factor in S1, he wasnt even a cast member.

Sandoval disappears at the end of S1.

It's weird to see Tom/Kristen as a couple after so many years of them not being together. Her freaking out over meeting Toms former roommate that he slept with before her...fix it jesus.

I miss the RHOBH crossovers. Lisa doesnt really take the girls to SUR anymore during filming does she?

Schwartz vs. Stassi! Calling her a bitch and throwing a drink on her.

Stassi being Queen B (how the mighty have fallen)

image.png.238107b650a0802876762169f187f988.png

Look at how small the cast photo was in S1/2! And now they put in everybody and they momma.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

This is on Hulu now?!? Yaaaaassssssssss!

IMO, this is the one reality show that’s managed to last this long and NOT lose steam. RHNY is the only other show I’ve stuck with for so long, but I think that one is starting to drag a bit this season. As for VDPR, just when you ask yourself what ELSE can possibly happen, someone does something so self-destructive that turns into another scandalous mystery. Plus, there’s just some “magic” in these friendships that the other shows don’t have. All these years, and they still never lost that.

• Love 5

Well, I'm completely re-hooked after watching the first couple of seasons on Hulu.  This is probably the most glorious trainwreck Bravo has ever come up with (although the gawdawful Gallery Girls remains one of my favorite Bravo trainwrecks with those vile girls).

I can just see how this series came to be.  Andy and his buddy LVP were probably chilling and having a conversation when LVP starts regaling Andy with stories of the unwashed feral creatures she employs and a light bulb appears above Andy's head as he realizes they could build an entire show around the dysfunctionality of the SUR staff, to which LVP would immediately agree because she knows the extra exposure and entertainment provided by these chucklefucks would surely equal more bank in her pocket.  

None of these "couples" have any chemistry.  I suspected this the first time around, and I still suspect that these chucklefucks were all just roomies with benefits.  Looking at the sad and depressing apartments they reside in, clearly none of them could afford to pay the rent without assistance (except Stassi, supplemented by her parents). 

Is it possible for inanimate objects such as dwellings to be depressed?  Because these look like they're in desperate need of a massive amount of Prozac.  

And WTF does Jax live in?  Is that an SRO apartment?  Ye gads, that space is seriously tiny even for a "studio" apartment.  And what's the point of having a bed immediately adjacent to the couch?  Get rid of the couch and buy a pull out sleeper and open up at least a little space.  Well, except it's broke ass Jax who probably can't afford to buy a pull out sleeper.  

At least at some point FI Tom tried to perk up his and Kristen's apartment with a few things to hang on the wall.  Not that it helped because that apartment is seriously dank, but...well, A for effort.  

I'm getting ready to dive into season 3 which as I recall was pretty much gold.  Old episodes of those shit storm are far more entertaining than any of the new Bravo fare that I've seen.  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Well, I'm completely re-hooked after watching the first couple of seasons on Hulu.  This is probably the most glorious trainwreck Bravo has ever come up with (although the gawdawful Gallery Girls remains one of my favorite Bravo trainwrecks with those vile girls).

And WTF does Jax live in?  Is that an SRO apartment?  Ye gads, that space is seriously tiny even for a "studio" apartment.  And what's the point of having a bed immediately adjacent to the couch?  Get rid of the couch and buy a pull out sleeper and open up at least a little space.  Well, except it's broke ass Jax who probably can't afford to buy a pull out sleeper.  

yes, girl, Gallery Girls were my jam!  And that show about the geriatric pageant queens (can't even remember wtf that was called!)

Also, fun fact which I learned b/c I have no hobbies...um, yeah I do, but this is kind of it...Jax used to live in an apartment with the Toms, but his bedroom had no door (maybe it was one of those living situations where you just make all of your apartment people's bedrooms) and he hung up a BED SHEET!!!

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/16/2018 at 2:10 PM, Persnickety1 said:

I can just see how this series came to be.  Andy and his buddy LVP were probably chilling and having a conversation when LVP starts regaling Andy with stories of the unwashed feral creatures she employs and a light bulb appears above Andy's head as he realizes they could build an entire show around the dysfunctionality of the SUR staff, to which LVP would immediately agree because she knows the extra exposure and entertainment provided by these chucklefucks would surely equal more bank in her pocket.

Have you seen the behind the scenes special about season 1? If not, you should. Bravo was going to give LVP a spinoff, but they wanted it set at Villa Blanca. LVP insisted it had to be the staff at SUR. The producers started interviewing the SUR staff. When they gave Andy the "relationship" chart aka the fucking/fighting chart, he knew they had a show. LVP knew how messy these people were/are. In the special, Stassi reveals that she was cheating on Jax with Frank, but lying about it to everyone. Just messy messy.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9
On 7/13/2018 at 8:42 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Im doing my very first rewatch of the series since it began and I forgot so much stuff happened! 

Jax being the original Scheana, getting with Laura Leigh and then dropping her in a blink of an eye as soon as he found out she had issues.

Jax spending 2 seasons worshiping the ground that Stassi walks on and trying so hard to get her back compared to how he treats Brittany. Though Stassi really put him through the ringer like Brittany should have.

Forgot that Schwartzy was such a none factor in S1, he wasnt even a cast member.

It's weird to see Tom/Kristen as a couple after so many years of them not being together. Her freaking out over meeting Toms former roommate that he slept with before her...fix it jesus.

I miss the RHOBH crossovers. Lisa doesnt really take the girls to SUR anymore during filming does she?

Look at how small the cast photo was in S1/2! And now they put in everybody and they momma.

Yeah the cast picture used to

just include cast members.

Speaking of that.. there’s a clip somewhere, it may have even been an actual scene from the episode but the vanderpump servers are doing one of their photo shoots and Jax interviews that he doesn’t understand the photo shoots(either do I Jax)because they aren’t used for anything at the Sur., because they have old photos of people who used to work there and they should change those photos, “like we should use these pictures for that, we have pictures of Kristen and Stassi who haven’t worked here in forever” and then he’s like “like the opening credits of our show.. there are people in that who aren’t cast memebers!” I may need o find his clip!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, teapot said:

yes, girl, Gallery Girls were my jam!  And that show about the geriatric pageant queens (can't even remember wtf that was called!)

Also, fun fact which I learned b/c I have no hobbies...um, yeah I do, but this is kind of it...Jax used to live in an apartment with the Toms, but his bedroom had no door (maybe it was one of those living situations where you just make all of your apartment people's bedrooms) and he hung up a BED SHEET!!!

Weren't they just awesome in their awfulness?  I should check and see if it's available anywhere online.  I'm pretty sure Hulu doesn't have this one!

I cannot even begin to fathom how those three chucklefucks shared one dwelling.  FI Tom was probably the only one who did any cleaning.  

And speaking of apartments, I thought Peter was totally hot until the episode where they showed the state of his nasty-assed apartment complete with bed sheets that looked they hadn't been laundered in a very long time.  Way to kill the sexy, Peter (and whomever was with him in that episode even told him he needed to wash the sheets for Vail's sake...even though apparently Vail had no intention of going any further than a coffee date with Peter).  

19 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Have you seen the behind the scenes special about season 1? If not, you should. Bravo wanted was going to give LVP a spinoff, but they wanted it set at Villa Blanca. LVP insisted it had to be the staff at SUR. The producers started interviewing the SUR staff. When they gave Andy the "relationship" chart aka the fucking/fighting chart, he knew they had a show. LVP knew how messy these people were/are. In the special, Stassi reveals that she was cheating on Jax with Frank, but lying about it to everyone. Just messy messy.

Oh, I haven't seen that!  The only thing I saw on Hulu was a "secrets revealed" pertaining to the season 1 reunion.  Any idea where I might catch the behind the scenes special?  

Villa Blanca seems pretty sedate....SUR was definitely the place those cameras needed to be!  

• Love 1
On 7/16/2018 at 2:10 PM, Persnickety1 said:

This is probably the most glorious trainwreck Bravo has ever come up with (although the gawdawful Gallery Girls remains one of my favorite Bravo trainwrecks with those vile girls).

On 7/17/2018 at 2:02 PM, teapot said:

yes, girl, Gallery Girls were my jam! 

One of the Vanderpump Rules producers also produced Gallery Girls.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

RIP Gallery Girls.

Why is it so hard to find!!!

I think its on Prime but I’d rather have it on Hulu...

It IS on Prime! Although back when I looked into watching it, they were charging something like 20 bucks an episode or some stupid shit like that. You can watch full episodes on YouTube with a special subscription though, and there are a few decent old clips scattered around there and even buried around BravoTV.com too.

It’s pretty annoying that boring shit no one likes/watches such as “Southern Charm Savannah” gets a second season but an intriguingly fun little show like GG didn’t; and it had gathered a nice little following by the end of its season too! I guess they figured those girls’ particular stories couldn’t be sustained for another season? But then why not add new girls to the cast along with old ones a’la the Real Housewives?? #justiceforgallerygirls 

Speaking of no justice, has anyone watched that trash fest “Very Cavallari” on the E channel yet? It’s essentially Kristen Cavallari desperately trying to capture that “Vanderpump Rules” style magic a’la running her brand new clothing shop and managing all her dumbass employees. Only without capturing an ounce of the SUR crew’s humor, messiness or charisma. She even said on last night’s episode, “Lisa Vanderpump would never do this!!”

Ugh. I hate it when these inferior shows try to so blatantly copy a winning formula. Lightening typically doesn’t strike twice, reality show producers...

• Love 2

I can’t handle that Kristin Cavallari show. You already HAD a 100% fake show, lady—why should I watch this one?

Thanks for the deets on GG! I can’t justify that Prime price. Crazytown.

• Love 1
On 7/13/2018 at 7:42 PM, Primal Slayer said:

What season was the everyone-and-their-momma-photo from?

56 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Dman y’all, I’m rewatching season 1 & I forgot about Laura Leigh. I had to google her & was happy to see she seems to be doing well, phew.

& Stassi is a sociopath.

The best part of season one is how things progressed so fast. Episode 1 Stassi And Jax are happy and in love (but I think also fighting at SUR during their shifts) episode 2 they break up and by episode 3 she’s dating Frank.

Also the birthday in vegas when Stassi has Kristen and Katie and their boyfriends celebrating but then they all fight so the very next morning for brunch she has all these random friends!!! 

The first season was fun but I think the second season is hilarious and insane and is my favorite!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

The best part of season one is how things progressed so fast. Episode 1 Stassi And Jax are happy and in love (but I think also fighting at SUR during their shifts) episode 2 they break up and by episode 3 she’s dating Frank.

Also the birthday in vegas when Stassi has Kristen and Katie and their boyfriends celebrating but then they all fight so the very next morning for brunch she has all these random friends!!! 

The first season was fun but I think the second season is hilarious and insane and is my favorite!

A lot of it happened so fast because despite what each of them is saying on camera, they were lying to each other and the production crew. When they started filming, Stassi was already cheating on Jax with Frank. Kristen and Katie knew that Stassi was cheating with Frank and had voiced their displeasure, which is why Stassi already had her B-team of friends ready to go in Las Vegas because she knew her real friends were going to give her shit about Frank. They were correct because Frank would later act like a complete ass at the end of the season and then try to sell Stassi's self-pleasure sex tape.

Jax had already begun putting out feelers to a bunch of different girls, including Laura Leigh. It's why they seemed to hook up and be nearly inseparable really quickly. It's the same shit we would later see him pull with Lala when Brittany was moving from Kentucky.

Sandoval had already cheated with Ariana, which Scheana knew, and had been flirting with Tina, which Scheana also knew. Kristen knew he'd been cheating and was attempting to continue cheating right under her nose, but half the people she worked with continued to deny it. This only fueled Kristen's paranoia, which probably explains part of the reason Kristen flips out at seeing Sandoval's old rommate/fuck buddy. It, of course, doesn't excuse Kristen's own cheating.

This is probably the closest that a reality show has come to starting in medias res, except for Pretty Wild, which right after they filmed the pilot, Alexis Neiers got arrested for her participation in the Bling Ring.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

A lot of it happened so fast because despite what each of them is saying on camera, they were lying to each other and the production crew. When they started filming, Stassi was already cheating on Jax with Frank. Kristen and Katie knew that Stassi was cheating with Frank and had voiced their displeasure, which is why Stassi already had her B-team of friends ready to go in Las Vegas because she knew her real friends were going to give her shit about Frank. They were correct because Frank would later act like a complete ass at the end of the season and then try to sell Stassi's self-pleasure sex tape.

Jax had already begun putting out feelers to a bunch of different girls, including Laura Leigh. It's why they seemed to hook up and be nearly inseparable really quickly. It's the same shit we would later see him pull with Lala when Brittany was moving from Kentucky.

Sandoval had already cheated with Ariana, which Scheana knew, and had been flirting with Tina, which Scheana also knew. Kristen knew he'd been cheating and was attempting to continue cheating right under her nose, but half the people she worked with continued to deny it. This only fueled Kristen's paranoia, which probably explains part of the reason Kristen flips out at seeing Sandoval's old rommate/fuck buddy. It, of course, doesn't excuse Kristen's own cheating.

This is probably the closest that a reality show has come to starting in medias res, except for Pretty Wild, which right after they filmed the pilot, Alexis Neiers got arrested for her participation in the Bling Ring.

That’s true.

Also yeah the Tom and Arinia hook up has always bothered me. I mean nothing excuses what Kristen did because she was in a relationship and also it was her boyfriends best friend and her best friends ex boyfriend. But both her boyfriend and the girl he hooked up with were gaslighting her for a while and making it seem like she was crazy. Not to mention someone Kristen would later consider a fruend(Schena) knew as well and lied for them and then lied when she was asked with a “if they did, Arinia never told me”. So.. yeah. 

Again this doesn’t excuse Kristen’s actions, and granted she did act crazy after when Tom and Arinia were officially dating but then again I have never felt that we know the truth even today of what really did happen with them. Also while I sometimes find myself liking Arinia now(sometimes not all the time she still irks occasionally as do they all) I still feel like she has never fully owned up to what she did and doesn’t seem to understand it. I feel like at least Tom has said he messed up.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 7

So I'm watching season 2 and  they just had the trip for Stassi's birthday to Cabo, I think.  Kristen was pissed because of rumors Tom hooked up with Ariana. So then he finally admits they made out two years ago. But in actuality, am I to understand that it was actually MORE than just kissing?  So basically Tom is a habitual cheater and Kristen put up with it?

Then the next episode the drama is Kristen and Jax hooking up.  Was Tom "acting" and pretending to be upset?  I mean, yes, totally shitty his friend slept with girlfriend.  No doubt about that.  But he clearly wasn't a choir boy either.   And he's mad she can't be honest with him?  I mean, they both suck and clearly were toxic together.  

I so wish I would have watched this from the beginning.  Saw skinny young James for the calendar photo shoot too. 

Watching Sheana and Shay is just kinda sad now, but  amusing since "she always knew Shay was the one", but, hello, what about Rob?!   And damn Tom was really a dick to Katie during the Cabo trip.  

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, KLJ said:

Watching Sheana and Shay is just kinda sad now, but  amusing since "she always knew Shay was the one", but, hello, what about Rob?!   And damn Tom was really a dick to Katie during the Cabo trip.  

If I recall correctly, she retconned it like, she’d been with Roooooooobbbbbb forever so it was natural that she’d be back with him, and Shay was a blip of interference on the radar of twoo wuv.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

If I recall correctly, she retconned it like, she’d been with Roooooooobbbbbb forever so it was natural that she’d be back with him, and Shay was a blip of interference on the radar of twoo wuv.

She really did. Although on the reunion for season 6 she did acknowledge how she said some bad things regarding her marriage with Shay. She said something like she never wanted to discount that because it turns out that Rob May have only just been with her for tv time:  watch the second video first, sorry they are out of order but I tried to copy and paste and t didn’t work.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

They are having a season 2 marathon and I had completely blocked out the hot pink and purple dresses they used to wear, lord those were ugly!

I love Monday’s because they always play marathons of past seasons and I happen to be around. I used to think season 2 was the best season but now I’m not so sure. Last season was pretty amazing actually. The pasta fight, the endless Rob talk, etc. last season was wonderful in the way that only Vanderpump Rules can be.

• Love 3

They’re rerunning season 3 today. That’s why I love Mondays. I feel like they don’t rerun season 3(or 4) as much as they do season 1, 2 and 5 and 6.

Also season three is fun at first(“it’s an instafight!”) but then kind of gets boring because Stassi starts hating katie and then hardly films anything, unless it’s scenes with Kristina and Lisa and I feel like that’s  played a part in this season. It also explains why season 4 is kind of a lame season too. Say what you want about Stassi but she’s definitely a big part of the show.

This season is fun for some things, Kristen being all crazy and flying out that random girl to clear her name but after that it’s kind of boring. James is a whiny entitled brat, he’s worse now but he was bad then too and he hasn’t changed one iota.

• Love 3

So currently watching old episodes and I am in the middle of season 2 right after the Cabo trip.  So Tom is totally gaslighting Kristen about Ariana, correct?  Do they ever admit to it later?  I feel so bad for Kristen.  Never thought I'd say that.  Although Tom 'confronting' Jax outside of Sur felt way too scripted.  I don't think I've seen the first few seasons.  Did Kristen hook up with Jax AFTER she thought that Tom and Ariana had hooked up?  

Ugh to anything with Scheana.  Never was and never will be a fan.

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 3

^^^As much as I find Kristen horrible, that is why I have a soft spot.

She gets punished harder and longer than anyone else.  And is forgiven less than anyone else on the show.

Ariana and FI were just obnoxious during this time and Ariana acted like Kristen was really going to kill her.

• Love 14

I feel like Kristen has had a lot of personal growth since the first seasons.  She's still a little crazy, but that's what makes her fun to watch. I do not know if Tom and Ariana every acknowledged sleeping together while Tom was with Kristen.  I know that when Tom and Ariana went to work at Villa Rosa because SUR had the fire LVP came right out and asked them if they had been together way back then and they both denied it. Can't remember what season that was, the one before this one maybe.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, KLJ said:

So currently watching old episodes and I am in the middle of season 2 right after the Cabo trip.  So Tom is totally gaslighting Kristen about Ariana, correct?  Do they ever admit to it later?  I feel so bad for Kristen.  Never thought I'd say that.  Although Tom 'confronting' Jax outside of Sur felt way too scripted.  I don't think I've seen the first few seasons.  Did Kristen hook up with Jax AFTER she thought that Tom and Ariana had hooked up?  

Tom and Ariana admit to making out in Las Vegas, while he was still with Kristen. It's quasi-confirmed that Tom and Ariana hooked up in that Behind the Scenes special* about how the show came to be, Scheana admitted that she knew all about it and lied. I believe this alleged hook up was before season 1.

I've always thought that the Kristen and Jax hookup might have occurred between season 1 and 2 because they've admitted that Jax wasn't dating Stassi when the hook ups happened. Though it could have been during one of Stassi and Jax' many off periods. I don't think we know anything specific.

I agree that Kristen has grown and changed. She has been punished longer and harder than anyone else.

By all rights, none of these people should trust Jax with anything. He will sell you out on a dime and screw you over with the quickness. He's dropped a dime on every one of the guys when they've cheated. He shared Brittany and Kristen's hook up/make out with everyone. He's loyal to no one. Scheana is fake as fuck, but the one thing she figured out was to NEVER share anything personal or important with Jax. If you rewatch their scenes from earlier in the show when they are friendlier, Scheana never shares with him anything remotely important, personal, or sensitive. 

*That special is one of the few that I won't delete from my DVR. I actually need to buy that episode from Amazon because it's really good and illuminating. Stassi reveals that she was already sleeping with Frank and cheating on Jax when they started filming. The producers reveal that the reason Stassi has a new group of friends show up in Las Vegas is because Katie and Kristen had told her how shitty it was for her to be cheating with Frank rather than just breaking up with Jax.

Stassi, Katie, and Kristen reveal that the reason they were so nasty to Scheana was because they wanted to bully her into quitting so that Schwartz could be a full castmember. The producers also reveal that Scheana used to be good friends with Katie and Kristen when they all worked at Villa Blanca. Producers explain that the reason Jax was so quick to hook up with Laura Leigh was because he'd already put out feelers to about a half dozen other girls at SUR.

• Love 8

Okay, now that I've finally seen the episode with Kristen bringing the girl that Tom cheated on Ariana with to Sur....  I hadn't seen this episode before, only flashbacks to it, but I think I lost any sympathy I had for her (even though it's clear that Tom cheated by his reaction once he saw her).   Not sure why Tom having a 'closure talk' with Kristen seems to have given her hope that she could break Ariana and Tom up if Ariana saw the girl, and then she could have him back.  First of all, WHY would you want to get back together with someone that not only cheated on you with FIVE girls, but also on his current girlfriend?   Good lord.  The problem is most people don't see each other as often after breaking up, so they are able to move on.  Seeing smug Tom & Ariana all the time - I can get the craziness a little, but damn.  I can't keep up with all the freaking cheating on each other.   I mean why would Ariana even stay with Tom also?  

Lisa doesn't seem to have ever really liked Kristen.  Then why keep her for seven years?

Never was and never will be a fan of Tom and Ariana.  They are so smug and I think that they both did take some enjoyment out of messing with her a bit.  And seeing that Ariana has never mislead Tom about not wanting to get married or have kids, Tom really has no right to complain.  Although it is gross that Ariana just moved right in with Tom that he lived in with Kristen.  That apartment looks so nasty.

It's also interesting to see the cars they drove then compared to what they drive now, Sandoval in last night's episode was driving a Mercedes I believe, and Jax was driving something pretty nice too.  

Tom and Ariana admit to making out in Las Vegas, while he was still with Kristen. It's quasi-confirmed that Tom and Ariana hooked up in that Behind the Scenes special* about how the show came to be, Scheana admitted that she knew all about it and lied. I believe this alleged hook up was before season 1.

When was the Behind the Scenes special on, was it right after Season 1?

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 1

I’m rewatching season 3 ep 8 this morning and wow 😮 it is so much better than the last few seasons. I do notice the lighting is different, reminds me more of a “soap opera.” Sheana was featured quite a bit and she looks really different now. Of course I also watched the rerun of RHOBH when she had the other woman conversation with Brandi ... ouch. Made me feel bad for Brandi and I never thought that would happen.

On 10/24/2014 at 9:08 PM, Persnickety1 said:

I refused to watch this show for the longest time, even though Mr. Persnickety assured me I was missing out on a treasure trove of snark.

Then I stumbled onto a review somewhere on the internet that talked about how priceless this show was, because the participants were so raw and thirsty that they would stop at NOTHING, even giving up their last shred of self-respect, in their desperation to be relevant and "discovered."

I resubscribed to Hulu after seeing some compilation of witty putdowns on the show over the years.  Can't find it again but one of them was someone mocking another for having a Civic or something like that.

So far I've watched the first 2 seasons including the reunion.

You almost get sucked into the relationship drama, especially between Jax and Stassi.  It did look raw but you realize that any time two cast members who had beef with each other needed to have some convo, they could walk out of the restaurant and the cameras were set up already.

Obviously the restaurant owners made allowances for this cast to film whatever they needed to film, so the cast wasn't really beholden to real world work rules.  That is why Lisa Vanderpump doesn't fire all these "problem" workers, because she has about as much power as the captains on the Below Deck shows.  Bravo pays her a ton to film at the restaurant and pick the staff they want as cast members and they have the final say on who stays on the show.

So even if these townies and unskilled, uneducated people come up with something witty, you wonder how many takes they had to capture them saying something memorable.  You wonder if the producers worked on the lines with them.

The first reunion, everyone was suppose to be kind of good with each other, especially Stassi and Schena.  Then right into the first episode of second season, they're at war and then they reconcile later.

The cast members constantly shift from being friends to enemies suddenly, probably to fit story lines.  I wouldn't be surprised if at some later point Kristen and Stassi are supposedly friends again.  Same with Tom and Jax.

I do admit though that at the second reunion the exchanges seemed pretty raw.  However, these are all actor wannabes.  They may not be good enough actors to get real roles and regular gigs but for the purposes of this show, I think some of them could cry on cue and yell on stage.  

Then again, we don't know that they don't do multiple takes on the reunion shows before they edit it for the air to make it look like all the exchanges are spontaneous.

I'm undecided on whether to keep watching, because it seems like they will just change up supposed relationships and alliances, just so that there's always drama.  There's enough fake drama and editing on BD, BDM, MDNY and SC as it is.  I won't even bother with the RH shows.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, scrb said:

I resubscribed to Hulu after seeing some compilation of witty putdowns on the show over the years.  Can't find it again but one of them was someone mocking another for having a Civic or something like that.

So far I've watched the first 2 seasons including the reunion.

You almost get sucked into the relationship drama, especially between Jax and Stassi.  It did look raw but you realize that any time two cast members who had beef with each other needed to have some convo, they could walk out of the restaurant and the cameras were set up already.

Obviously the restaurant owners made allowances for this cast to film whatever they needed to film, so the cast wasn't really beholden to real world work rules.  That is why Lisa Vanderpump doesn't fire all these "problem" workers, because she has about as much power as the captains on the Below Deck shows.  Bravo pays her a ton to film at the restaurant and pick the staff they want as cast members and they have the final say on who stays on the show.

So even if these townies and unskilled, uneducated people come up with something witty, you wonder how many takes they had to capture them saying something memorable.  You wonder if the producers worked on the lines with them.

The first reunion, everyone was suppose to be kind of good with each other, especially Stassi and Schena.  Then right into the first episode of second season, they're at war and then they reconcile later.

The cast members constantly shift from being friends to enemies suddenly, probably to fit story lines.  I wouldn't be surprised if at some later point Kristen and Stassi are supposedly friends again.  Same with Tom and Jax.

I do admit though that at the second reunion the exchanges seemed pretty raw.  However, these are all actor wannabes.  They may not be good enough actors to get real roles and regular gigs but for the purposes of this show, I think some of them could cry on cue and yell on stage.  

Then again, we don't know that they don't do multiple takes on the reunion shows before they edit it for the air to make it look like all the exchanges are spontaneous.

I'm undecided on whether to keep watching, because it seems like they will just change up supposed relationships and alliances, just so that there's always drama.  There's enough fake drama and editing on BD, BDM, MDNY and SC as it is.  I won't even bother with the RH shows.

I recommend watching at least the third season. I think there's a large consensus among the viewership that the first three seasons were the best and it starts to go downhill after that. 

• Love 1

Even the second season they really dialed up the drama.

again with people doing 180 on being friends or enemies with certain other cast members. That strains credulity.

OK will start with season 3 see how it goes.

I’m home today and there’s been a season 2 marathon all day. This morning the episodes were all about  Kristin accusing Sandoval of cheating with Arianna 3 years prior and freaking out that they work together. Talk about projection because then it turned to the rumors of Kristin and Jax sleeping together with Sandoval in the next room. Jax was telling Sandoval—and everyone—it happened, but Sandoval refused to believe it. Sandoval even did some “rage flat-ironing” after asking Kristin to reveal the truth, which she did not...until Scheana’s like 3rd engagement party (season closing) where it all came out. Ah, the good old days!

• Love 5

Bravo was playing the first season yesterday but I only saw the last two, when it was confirmed that Jaxx had cheated on Stassi. I found it funny that Frank was there b/c if memory serves,  it turns out she had been cheating with him! 🤯

Anyhow,  the "finally" ended with the employees doing a sex photoshoot at successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks's stately mansion but it seemed all sorts of weird. I thought they put the pics in a calendar,  like Hooters does, but apparently they do not. 🤨

• Love 1

I’ve started watching from the beginning on Hulu.  I usually watch about 2 episodes a night while I am trying to fall asleep.  I’m currently on season 2, the Cabo trip for Stassi’s 25th birthday.  It’s crazy to me that this is her first time ever to Cabo and that prior to this season Kristin didn’t even have a passport!  

Anyone want to join me in the rewatch is more than welcome to!  It’s been said a million times but this show really was GOLD (good as) seasons 1-3!

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

I’ve started watching from the beginning on Hulu.  I usually watch about 2 episodes a night while I am trying to fall asleep.  I’m currently on season 2, the Cabo trip for Stassi’s 25th birthday.  It’s crazy to me that this is her first time ever to Cabo and that prior to this season Kristin didn’t even have a passport!  

Anyone want to join me in the rewatch is more than welcome to!  It’s been said a million times but this show really was GOLD (good as) seasons 1-3!

I did a re-watch of Season 1 - I agree, that was some good as gold tv!

Season 2 wasn't as good... but I may re-watch it with you.  I am watching the Trial of Gabriel Fernandez on Netflix during the morning commute, and it is so upsetting I need something light to watch at night.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I did a re-watch of Season 1 - I agree, that was some good as gold tv!

Season 2 wasn't as good... but I may re-watch it with you.  I am watch the Trial of Gabriel Fernandez on Netflix during the morning commute, and it is so upsetting I need something light to watch at night.

The Gabriel Fernandez series has been a hot topic on my trauma mamas and foster / adopt support group forums.  I don’t think I could handle it!   I know many who have dealt with kiddos in way worse shape than mine have had to walk away multiple times during viewing.  😢

VPR will definitely lighten it up for ya.  Season 2 gives us Katie’s awful orange hair and the Kristin / Jax / Ariana / Tom shit is about to all go down!   Last nights viewing included the VPR’s serving the BH housewives at a dinner party at SUR and there is a huge blowout fight between Brandi and Joyce’s husband.  Now I need to go back and watch those BH eps.  I was not watching BH at that time, had taken a “break.”  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

The Gabriel Fernandez series has been a hot topic on my trauma mamas and foster / adopt support group forums.  I don’t think I could handle it!   I know many who have dealt with kiddos in way worse shape than mine have had to walk away multiple times during viewing.  😢

VPR will definitely lighten it up for ya.  Season 2 gives us Katie’s awful orange hair and the Kristin / Jax / Ariana / Tom shit is about to all go down!   Last nights viewing included the VPR’s serving the BH housewives at a dinner party at SUR and there is a huge blowout fight between Brandi and Joyce’s husband.  Now I need to go back and watch those BH eps.  I was not watching BH at that time, had taken a “break.”  

It is so good, but it is really hard to watch.  My husband started to watch and he had to turn it off.  If I had any real-life dealings with abuse, like you, I may not be able to watch.  For some reason, I feel like I need to watch it through to the end because if I turn it off, I am not giving it the exposure it needs - I feel like I need to witness this.  I always feel the same way with animal abuse videos, I need to watch and get angry.

Which is why I need something funny and light!  Oh just the mention of Katie's orange hair and I am IN!!  

• Love 3

Watching Season 2 while "working from home."  When Stassi slaps Kristen omg I hate her so much.  Stassi really plays the victim in the whole thing, even though she and Jax weren't even together at that point.

The episode where Kristen goes after Arianna because she and Tom made out at the golden nugget, and asshole Katie and Stassi were like, "we are so sick of listening to your relationship problems, are you guys going to break up or not!!??"  It was like they replayed the exact same conversations they are having on this current season.  Poor Kristen, her asshole friends don't like when she complains.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Watching Season 2 while "working from home."  When Stassi slaps Kristen omg I hate her so much.  Stassi really plays the victim in the whole thing, even though she and Jax weren't even together at that point.

The episode where Kristen goes after Arianna because she and Tom made out at the golden nugget, and asshole Katie and Stassi were like, "we are so sick of listening to your relationship problems, are you guys going to break up or not!!??"  It was like they replayed the exact same conversations they are having on this current season.  Poor Kristen, her asshole friends don't like when she complains.

It’s a total mind fuck seeing Kristin with James, too.   I forgot how young he was when he came on the scene.   Beemer selfies / Honda selfies. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1