Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Tea for Tat

• Start Topic

On 5/2/2018 at 10:10 PM, poeticlicensed said:

Tinsley - the cutsey crazy act may work when you are 18, but it's not a good look on a woman over 40. Try to control yourself. Scott will be deaf from all the screaming 

On 5/2/2018 at 10:41 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Re: Tinsley;

I wouldn't use the word psycho but I get it.  To me she seems like a child.  

She is too old for the Elle Woods vibe! Tins has seen Legally Blonde too many times.

• Love 14

My biggest issue with the Beth/Carole fight to death is that I just know it's going to be boring.

Fighting with Carole is going to be like punching Jello, there's just no there there..........

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, bosawks said:

My biggest issue with the Beth/Carole fight to death is that I just know it's going to be boring.

It’s not nice to hope for something bad but I’m fascinated about waiting for the big fight.  Carole started out preseason with interviews about how this was Bethenny being mean.  She was tweeting like a crazy woman about it.  Then the season started and Carole went out on a victim tour talking about how she didnt’ know anything was wrong until she started seeing Bethenny’s THs.  But in watching Bethenny’s THs she just isn’t ripping Carole enough to warrant this.  And for her part Bethenny is saying nothing.  So was there a fight?  And if Carole is the only one fighting it will be more of a comedy than a drama.

• Love 17
21 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I agree completely! The thing that bugged me worse was how the women behaved when they were entering Ramona's party. These women are so rude to staff. Luann did say "Thank you" to the woman who directed her to the party, but walked ahead of her never looking at her, and she completely ignored the champagne guy. Sonja greeted and made eye contact with the woman, but never thanked her. Carol vaguely acknowledged the wine guy, ("Oh gosh, should I?") but never looked at him or thanked him.  And then there's Ramona rearranging the furniture (decorations) to suite her taste. We didn't see Dorinda enter, but she did say please when asking for a glass of wine.

My Mother always said " there are Chiefs and Indians" in this world; treat both equally with respect".

• Love 8
21 hours ago, missyb said:

I absolutely loathe to say this but I would be interested in Skinny Girl jeans. I think Bethany has a nice aesthetic , and generally is a nice dresser. I would take a look at er clothing line. ( ducking now  from flying skinny margaritas at my head)!!

Not gonna lie. When Bethenny mentioned jeans I was like "ugh," and 5 seconds later they show her wearing them and I want a pair. They were really cute! She mentioned on Twitter they'd be available in plus sizes, too, which I appreciate. (not plus size, but definitely NOT anywhere near Bethenny's minuscule size either)

• Love 14

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Remember when Sonja had to remind people that she was doing them a favor if she went downtown? Now, she really doesn't have the luxury to be so snobby. 

Did Priv do anything noticeably different to Tinsley's hair? It looked the same afterwards. I feel a little sorry for Tinsley. I don't know if it's arrested development or what...she seems like a high school girl in a grown woman's body.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, candle96 said:

Not gonna lie. When Bethenny mentioned jeans I was like "ugh," and 5 seconds later they show her wearing them and I want a pair. They were really cute! She mentioned on Twitter they'd be available in plus sizes, too, which I appreciate. (not plus size, but definitely NOT anywhere near Bethenny's minuscule size either)

I’m same as you and there was a time that I was plus size.  So the fact that the line is designed and merchandised to be held on the same rack 0 through plus means a lot to me.  I wanted the same shopping experience as everyone else.  I did not want to go over next to the maternity wear and find my jeans.  The piece I really want is in her new holiday line.  It’s a hoodie, except in leather and sterling. I need that jacket.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Um, did anyone else hear her say Ivanna instead of Ivanka?  Or was that just my imagination?

12 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I thought she said Ivana.  Maybe her ex-husband knew Donald & Ivana back in the day.  I figured they all socialized, or this is another made up story.  I don't believe most of the ones that she name-drops.  Who really knows!

Yup!  I heard Ivana too.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

That was really stealthy shade as well.  Plus Carole can point to her war correspondent years.  She points to them way in the past.  The Carole of now hasn’t even bothered to explore the friggin island she lives on.  The Carole of now eats pizza and M&Ms.  So that is the only Carole Bethenny knows.  

From Insta the person accompanying her will not have cell except for a few hours at night if they are lucky.  They can not depend on power for a light in their hotel room.  They will be part of a caravan that travels only during daylight.  And that requires timing and logistics.  So the Carole that routinely showed up in the Hamptons to visit Bethenny 4 hours late and spent the afternoon complaining about how many bars she had on her phone would not be welcome.  That Carole that was the war correspondent can come but we don’t know where she is.

This Bravo crew was the only time they had cameras with them in PR.  A lot of the trips had some pretty interesting people along.  You never saw them but Bethenny would allude to the fact that some people didn’t just write a check they came and helped.  I know that Paris Jackson said that she had gone on one of the distribution runs into the mountains of PR.

So it was not a picnic designed for RHONY screen time.  It was serious business.

Bethenny wasn't that woman all that long ago either but she stepped up to the plate and I am sure Carole would be able to as well. IMO, Bethenny chose Dorinda for 2 reasons, 1) she is ticked that Carole has been hanging out with Tinsley more than she does with her, 2) it makes it more interesting/dramatic on the show if she picks someone other than her side kick Carole and Bethenny is RTV savvy and know this. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, candle96 said:

The jeans do look cute and I wouldn't mind owning a pair IF the price was right.  I get it's a Bethanny brand name but jeans are expensive enuff as it is.  I tried looking online for a price and I can't find anything so perhaps they aren't sold in stores yet.  The max I would go is about $100.00 for great jeans with a great fit but that is my limit.

Speaking of clothing I see Carole's wardrobe strikes again.  Good lawd what was that FUG thing she was wearing while flagging down a cab at the beginning of the episode and why was she wearing a bathrobe to Ramona's shopping party??  Honey you are too pretty to be dressing this ugly.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, Thumper said:

What does BEC mean?

Thank you for asking. I have no idea either.

12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

BEC = bitch eating crackers.

Wow!    I really must be older than dirt.

No offense to anyone for using or knowing it but that makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9

Carole's haircut reminds me of this hairstyle on Carrie Bradshaw:   Carrie short hair.

I do like the haircut, but I think maybe Carole needed some low lights to blend her darker color with the lighter one.  

Speaking of clothing I see Carole's wardrobe strikes again.  Good lawd what was that FUG thing she was wearing while flagging down a cab at the beginning of the episode and why was she wearing a bathrobe to Ramona's shopping party?? 

As others have said, she seems to be channeling Carrie Bradshaw. 

• Love 6

I honestly don't think Bethenny could care less about the friendship between Carole and Tinsley.  I think Carole is probably boring to Bethenny and I don't think she finds Tinsley particularly interesting; hence Carole's friendship with Tinsely is just further evidence to Bethenny that Carole is kind of boring.  Or maybe that is just how I feel about the situation.   Seeing too grown woman fawning all over their "boyfriends" or "friends with benefits" is boring to me.  

I do find Dorinda interesting in that she see seems to get a pass on all of her behavior....except from Bethenny.  To me it is clear that Dorinda has a drinking problem.  Its simply not normal to allow yourself to appear that wasted on a t.v. show or in any of these social settings.  I mean she knows that she is going to be filmed.  Bethenny was asked about Dorinda being upset at her for calling her a drunk and Bethenny was like, "well she was acting like a drunk".  Its not like Bethenny was dislosing some new revelation.  I understand Dorinda not liking the label, but she's pretty much called Sonja a whore for the past two seasons, so I'm not too sympathetic.   

I know Ramona is pretty much wetting herself over the break-up of Bethenny and Carole, but if Bethenny keeps ignoring all of the social media jabs by Carole, I don't think that they are going to get the result that they want.  Bethenny is now openly welcoming Jill back to the show.  I think its going to happen.  I will say that prior to their blowout(s), Jill and Bethenny's friendship seemed much more genuine than the one between Carole and Bethenny.  I'm curious to see how Jill and Bethenny work now that Bethenny is financially solid.  Oh and Jill & Ramona fights were always kind of awesome in their ridiiculousness.  

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Thank you for asking. I have no idea either.

Wow!    I really must be older than dirt.

No offense to anyone for using or knowing it but that makes absolutely no sense.

It means that the person in question can't do anything right and I mean anything! LOL

I had to ask what it meant the first time I saw it used! LOL

• Love 7

I enjoyed this episode.....because this is my fave housewives franchise.

Tinsley.....girlfriend, throwing yourself on the floor was embarrassing.....did you not listen to Carole at all?

OMG.....Ramona and Sonja yelling in each other’s faces was so childish....but those two are just tired.  

Ramona, way to walk out of your own party while guests were still there.  Pretty low move inviting Missy.

Lu, I admire your ability to forgive and move on.

Dorinda, how I loved you throwing that box across the table.  Nothing ever comes assembled anymore.  ?

I can’t wait for the Christmas episode.....hope Dorinda hosted.

38 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Carole's haircut reminds me of this hairstyle on Carrie Bradshaw:   Carrie short hair.

I do like the haircut, but I think maybe Carole needed some low lights to blend her darker color with the lighter one.  

As others have said, she seems to be channeling Carrie Bradshaw. 

I get a chuckle out of all the comparisons of Carole to Carrie Bradshaw.  Carole is successful and wealthy in her own right.  It just makes me giggle every time I read comments like that.  ?

• Love 7

Re: BEC

Bitch Eating Crackers - It's a way of saying you might dislike someone so much, it really doesn't matter what they are doing. I saw it first in a .gif of a perfectly lovely woman eating a triscuit, with the caption "And look! Look at how that bitch eats crackers!"

If you're BEC over a person or a topic, you're conceding you might be a little biased since even something as petty as how your target eats crackers bothers you. ;)

• Love 24
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Remember when Sonja had to remind people that she was doing them a favor if she went downtown? Now, she really doesn't have the luxury to be so snobby. 

Did Priv do anything noticeably different to Tinsley's hair? It looked the same afterwards. I feel a little sorry for Tinsley. I don't know if it's arrested development or what...she seems like a high school girl in a grown woman's body.

I paused the scene after the salon because I didn't see a difference either, and my viewing partner acted like I was crazy. Thank you for saying something about it, now I can have a public meeting at an empty restaurant with said viewing partner, lay out facts, and agree to move forward. Oh, and then throw "playful" insults. 

I think Bethenny and Carole faded because they didn't really have enough in common beyond not liking everyone else on the show. They're like high school friends, in a way. Super close, but mostly because of circumstance. I don't think the fight will be interesting until the reunion. 

• Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Re: BEC

Bitch Eating Crackers - It's a way of saying you might dislike someone so much, it really doesn't matter what they are doing. I saw it first in a .gif of a perfectly lovely woman eating a triscuit, with the caption "And look! Look at how that bitch eats crackers!"

If you're BEC over a person or a topic, you're conceding you might be a little biased since even something as petty as how your target eats crackers bothers you. ;)

Thanks for that.  I was struggling with the concept.  

I can now say BEC regarding Sonja & Ramona, Kelly & Vicky, Dorit, most of Potomac, and the entire casts of Atlanta, New Jersey, and Dallas.  I'm too tired to think about Southern Charm.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 14
(edited)

Thanks to everyone who offered up an explanation of BEC complete with its history.    I'm going to try to forget everything about it now because IMHO it's ridiculous. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think they agreed to break up because Adam wants kids and while Adam is on his quest for the love of his life and mother of his children, Carole agreed to be a jump-off.  Its not any deeper than that....I see you Carole, you're not fooling anyone but yourself. 

I don't know Adam personally, so I don't know where this idea of Adam's great desire to get married and have children comes from, but it seems to me like it's just an extension of the whole Carole Doesn't Have Children shaming.  There is a lot of taboo around being a childless by choice woman, I feel like there is this whole narrative around Adam and Carole that stems from the idea that a younger attractive man wouldn't want to be with an 'old, dried up barren woman'.  

Or, maybe it's just that BEC. *shrugs*

I feel like all signs indicate that Adam is into Carole.  Even still.  It sounds like there has been some recent rekindling of the flame.  A quick check of Instagram indicates they are currently in Dubai together.  https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/04/rhony-carole-radziwill-adam-kenworthy-back-on/

• Love 6
1 minute ago, shoegal said:

I don't know Adam personally, so I don't know where this idea of Adam's great desire to get married and have children comes from, but it seems to me like it's just an extension of the whole Carole Doesn't Have Children shaming.  There is a lot of taboo around being a childless by choice woman, I feel like there is this whole narrative around Adam and Carole that stems from the idea that a younger attractive man wouldn't want to be with an 'old, dried up barren woman'.  

I feel like all signs indicate that Adam is into Carole.  Even still.  It sounds like there has been some recent rekindling of the flame.  A quick check of Instagram indicates they are currently in Dubai together.  https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/04/rhony-carole-radziwill-adam-kenworthy-back-on/

Carole herself said on the show a few seasons back that Adam eventually wants to have children.

• Love 11
(edited)
4 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Carole herself said on the show a few seasons back that Adam eventually wants to have children.

I guess I am wondering about the idea that it's a burning desire, that he's looking for the mother of his children and therefore, must get far away from Carole.  

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1
Just now, shoegal said:

I guess I am wondering where the idea that it's a burning desire, that he's looking for the mother of his children and therefore, must get far away from Carole.  

We're only going by what Carole told us about the relationship. She hasn't given any update about the children issue, so I can only assume it's unchanged.

• Love 13
(edited)

Carole's the one repeating Adam wants kids.  That's why she said their "relationship" was up in the air and undetermined since she didn't want to have kids. 

Nobody's "shaming" Carole.

Edited by charming
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

We're only going by what Carole told us about the relationship. She hasn't given any update about the children issue, so I can only assume it's unchanged.

See, I would assume that means it's not an issue.  

1 minute ago, charming said:

Carole is the one repeating Adam wants kids constantly.  That's why she always said that their "relationship" was up in the air and undetermined since she didn't want to have kids. 

Nobody's "shaming" Carole.

On the show?  I don't see that.  (evidence, see above post "She hasn't given any update...")

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, shoegal said:

See, I would assume that means it's not an issue.  

Maybe it's not anymore, who knows?

The fact is that Carole presented it as the main road block to their relationship being a serious, long term one. 

Women do get shamed for not having kids, but I don't think this is an example of it.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 13

Yeah, I'm not seeing the shame here. She doesn't want kids and Adam does. Someone will need to bend if they continue the relationship and considering Carole's age and probable menopause, it will need to be Adam. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, shoegal said:

There is a lot of taboo around being a childless by choice woman, I feel like there is this whole narrative around Adam and Carole that stems from the idea that a younger attractive man wouldn't want to be with an 'old, dried up barren woman'.  

Carole herself said last year that she wasn't necessairly childless by choice that's just the way her life worked out.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

She is too old for the Elle Woods vibe!

Holy shit, this is it exactly!  How I never made the connection is beyond me.  She is exactly life imitating art.  (She may have dressed and acted like this for years before LB was a film, I dunno) but she is exactly Elle Woods, lol.  Maybe she was the inspiration.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ryebread said:

Bingo. Carole is a smart woman who likes to play dumb. She lived with a chef who specialized in Sexy Salads, but lavender in food? Whadat? This is why I knew the friendship between her and Bethenny would eventually crash and burn. Beth doesn't suffer fools gladly.

The friendship between Carole and Tinsley has a much longer shelf life. Both, smart women who like to act like dingbats when it suits them or the people they are with. Why?

I don't know if Tins is smart but shes not the moron the Oc bitches are or even some of the beverly hills hos. Carole is really irritating with that shit and her humble bragging. That said I know alot of people think Icky Vicky's daughter is great but I have always shipped for Avery. Most of the kids on NYC are decent folks. Avery and Noelle ( Russell and Cynthia Bailey's kid) are the ho wofes kids I think who are decent folk. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I get a chuckle out of all the comparisons of Carole to Carrie Bradshaw.  Carole is successful and wealthy in her own right.  It just makes me giggle every time I read comments like that.

Carrie became successful and wealthy in her own right with her books getting published.   Like Carole, they married wealthy men.  Actually though, I wasn't trying to make a side by side comparison of their lives, only that Carole seems to dress and act like a Carrie Bradshaw wannabe at times.   It's just the way she carries herself that reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw.  The haircut comparison was actually a compliment on my part, now whether she was going for the Carrie look or not, it is pretty close and I like it on her.   That's about the only thing I do like about her.  I wish she'd lose the elitist attitude.   That is very unbecoming, IMO. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, QuinnM said:

The Carole of now hasn’t even bothered to explore the friggin island she lives on.  The Carole of now eats pizza and M&Ms.  So that is the only Carole Bethenny knows.  

This is a good point. Bethenny has tried several times to get Carole to step out of her comfort zone, and Carole acted like a whiny baby about it. So maybe she doesn't think taking her WAY outside of anyone's comfort zone would be a good idea. 

• Love 9
On 5/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, psychoticstate said:

Carole's blog post - - ripped straight from Carrie Bradshaw and her "I couldn't help but wonder . . ."

Also, Carole . . . you're a writer and journalist.  It's "If anyone is thick as thieves this season, it's me and Scott," NOT "Scott and I."  GRRRRRR!

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/carole-radziwill/carole-radziwill-i-couldnt#/.WuqRgeO-eQk.twitter

The incorrect use of “so-and-so and I” in a predicate bugs me, too. But in this case, “Scott and I” is correct. Here’s an explanation:

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/it-is-i-versus-it-is-me?page=all

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:05 AM, Lemons said:

Don’t bother, nothing to see. That Henry Bendel “party” was so boring.  Standing around because there are no seats.  Those make up bags are tired looking having been around forever but not being good enough to obtain a classic label.  They tried to make Missy happen but she’s boring.  

I love going in that store, and once I enjoyed a glass of champagne from someone's tray (mind you, I own exactly one sparkly silver bracelet & a Christmas ornament shaped like a shopping bag) but I always thought it was pronounced 'ahn-REE ben-DEL" .   it sounds like they just say Henry Bendel!  Am I unnecessarily trying to be all fancy & shit???

• Love 9
2 hours ago, shoegal said:

I wonder if adoption was ever thought of by her or him.  That's always an option if they want to be together.  I don't know if Carole would be the type for kids tho, but there's always nannies.  I think Tinsley would need a few, or else she would be calling her mother every ten minutes, lol.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, AnnA said:

Yup!  I heard Ivana too.

Those days with the rich & famous are over.  No wonder Sonja is depressed.  She's still living in the past.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I honestly don't think Bethenny could care less about the friendship between Carole and Tinsley.  I think Carole is probably boring to Bethenny and I don't think she finds Tinsley particularly interesting; hence Carole's friendship with Tinsely is just further evidence to Bethenny that Carole is kind of boring.  Or maybe that is just how I feel about the situation.   Seeing too grown woman fawning all over their "boyfriends" or "friends with benefits" is boring to me.  

I do find Dorinda interesting in that she see seems to get a pass on all of her behavior....except from Bethenny.  To me it is clear that Dorinda has a drinking problem.  Its simply not normal to allow yourself to appear that wasted on a t.v. show or in any of these social settings.  I mean she knows that she is going to be filmed.  Bethenny was asked about Dorinda being upset at her for calling her a drunk and Bethenny was like, "well she was acting like a drunk".  Its not like Bethenny was dislosing some new revelation.  I understand Dorinda not liking the label, but she's pretty much called Sonja a whore for the past two seasons, so I'm not too sympathetic.   

I know Ramona is pretty much wetting herself over the break-up of Bethenny and Carole, but if Bethenny keeps ignoring all of the social media jabs by Carole, I don't think that they are going to get the result that they want.  Bethenny is now openly welcoming Jill back to the show.  I think its going to happen.  I will say that prior to their blowout(s), Jill and Bethenny's friendship seemed much more genuine than the one between Carole and Bethenny.  I'm curious to see how Jill and Bethenny work now that Bethenny is financially solid.  Oh and Jill & Ramona fights were always kind of awesome in their ridiiculousness.  

Well that's interesting news.  I sort of figured Bethenny would get Jill back after Bobbys death.  I don't know if I would be so forgiving if I was Bethenny.  Jill and Luann didn't want to be bothered when Bethenny was down n out and needed her friends around her.   So, if Jill comes back, does that mean somebody goes???  Who would that be?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

In her talking heads with the shorter hair, Ramona is starting to look just like the woman who impersonates her.  LuAnn’s daughter could be Matt Dillon’s child...

I think Avery's features are exactly those of Mario's.  Her coloring is her mom, but that face belongs to Mario.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, candle96 said:

Not gonna lie, I will look for them when they come out and will promptly take Giselle's advice for taking off the logo should they fit nicely.

7 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I’m same as you and there was a time that I was plus size.  So the fact that the line is designed and merchandised to be held on the same rack 0 through plus means a lot to me.  I wanted the same shopping experience as everyone else.  I did not want to go over next to the maternity wear and find my jeans.  The piece I really want is in her new holiday line.  It’s a hoodie, except in leather and sterling. I need that jacket.

I looked because now I am intrigued.  I cannot find it.  Could you provide a link pretty please :)!

• Love 3

I think Avery's features are exactly those of Mario's.  Her coloring is her mom, but that face belongs to Mario.

Agreed, and it's a rare case where I think the kid in question got the best features of both parents. Avery is a lovely looking woman who seems to have all the family smarts without the stupid idiot cheating gene (Mario) or the batshittery crazy eyes insanity (Ramona)

• Love 10
6 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I never thought I would say this (prior to Bobby dying) but I am ready for Jill to come back.  Not Scary Island season Jill but the earlier season Jill.  I said it before but I think the dynamic would be good again.  She and Bethenny CAN be good together.  Let's see how they are as equals.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I never thought I would say this (prior to Bobby dying) but I am ready for Jill to come back.  Not Scary Island season Jill but the earlier season Jill.  I said it before but I think the dynamic would be good again.  She and Bethenny CAN be good together.  Let's see how they are as equals.

I feel exactly the same way.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, shoegal said:

As one, I like Childfree better.  I am not less anything.  There are people that don't respect that, think you are less than, think you have arrested development, etc.   Nah, just know my limitations.  I have to say though its gotten A LOT better than it used to be.  Even though she was a nutty woman a lot of the time, I loved that my grandmother was ahead of her time and told me that if I don't want them, don't have them with zero guilt about it.  My Mormon grandmother not so much.

I think Carole was realistic about Adam.  She was a lot older than he and maybe he didn't want kids RIGHT NOW, he may in the future and didn't want to limit his options.  That said, his hipster vibe and manbun bugged me.  He may be nice, he may be a dynamo in bed, he looks like he smelled like patchouli which is no bueno to me.

• Love 16

I just think that it would be super unhealthy, mentally, for Jill.  If it happens, I will watch because it will be a trainwreck but it really feels like a bad idea. 

• Love 10