Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Tea for Tat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

What in the holy hell is Carole wearing in the beginning while hailing a cab?  Did she raid The Green Lantern's wardrobe? 

I thought she was channeling that younger "girl about town" Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City....isn't Carole friends with Candace Bushnell?  

• Love 17

From what I understood from Tins, Scott broke up with her.  She was ready to move to Chicago.

So is pathetic.  She's always feeling sorry for herself.  Her great marriage.  They loved each other.  Then why did you file for divorce (wasn't So the one who filed?  Correct me if I'm wrong).

Yeah, I'm with team if you felt so bad for So why didn't you move over at the brunch next to So?

So now we've got Nivea product placement and that massage person (what was the company?  Didn't they have a commercial too?)  And then we've got Skinnygirl jeans.

Ro left her own pretend party? 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, dosodog said:

Because she was!  Some of his expressions were very much "Ooooo.  I made a mistake...."  She was Schaena "Rob can hang a tv in 7 minutes" cringe worthy. 

JJvlQ_s-200x150.gif

I thought of Chunk when he first meets Sloth

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh for sure.  So psycho. But clearly he likes it.

Re: Tinsley;

I wouldn't use the word psycho but I get it.  To me she seems like a child.  I don't hold anything against her; as long as the people in her life are fine with it, and it truly seems like they are.  But she just seems REALLY childish.  Calling her mom and squealing at her not to make a stocking of his ex's dog or whatever.  God.  She's a kid!

Why was Dorinda drunk when Luann was apartment shopping?!  LOL.  I love to drink but I draw the line somewhere

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Is Tinsley a secret spokesperson for Nivea?  What was with the weird lotion product placement?

I have to admit that product placement was one of the most artfully accomplished in any show I've seen.  Tinsley acted that scene very naturally too.  I think she still came off like a twit in the rest of the episode though, particularly when she threw herself on the floor.  Ughh!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Re: Tinsley;

I wouldn't use the word psycho but I get it.  To me she seems like a child.  I don't hold anything against her; as long as the people in her life are fine with it, and it truly seems like they are.  But she just seems REALLY childish.  Calling her mom and squealing at her not to make a stocking of his ex's dog or whatever.  God.  She's a kid!

Why was Dorinda drunk when Luann was apartment shopping?!  LOL.  I love to drink but I draw the line somewhere

Her crying and falling to the ground was a bit psycho to me,  but you know childish works better. 

I'm just going to say that my problems drinking got really bad when I drank to enjoy mundane events.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I've heard that but I still think she's a bit psycho

I do too -- that falling on the floor and the caterwauling.  Hub and I were like, whaaaa?

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I have to admit that product placement was one of the most artfully accomplished in any show I've seen.  Tinsley acted that scene very naturally too.  I think she still came off like a twit in the rest of the episode though, particularly when she threw herself on the floor.  Ughh!

It was good except for the fact that the Nivea hand cream bottle was clearly visible on the counter (I actually thought it was Tinsley's bottle), and then, Tinsley is asking the Priv girl "Do you have any hand lotion in there?" - pointing to the makeup bag, and the Priv girl talks about this great Nivea moisturizing lotion.  

• Love 11

Good lord. I think Tinsley broke my damn eardrums and i'm pretty sure every Dog in Manhattan heard her when Scott arrived. You better run Scott, girlfriend is nuts.

Sonja, please seek professional help. It's painful watching you.

• Love 19

Tinsley is insane, but I loved the shoes she was wearing with the red dress (I got a pretty good look at them when she was lying on the floor).  

• Love 9

Am I the only one who feels that going to a “party” in a high end store and shopping doesn’t seem like fun.  I would think you would feel obligated to buy some over priced item since you’re there & other people are buying.  How do you even arrange something like that and does the host pay anything?  

• Love 23

Gosh, I guess I'm over on the other side of pool....Yes, Tins reaction to seeing Scott was a little over the top but I'd rather see that than having to listen to So and her great love story with Morgan and the yachts, etc.   It didn't bother me that much.  Tin's mom was the one who brought up Christmas and the stocking...and I did laugh when her mom brought up the dog....which belonged to Scott's ex. 

• Love 16

Ramona is going to be one heck of a shit stirrer this season.  From Luanne & Missy, Dorinda and Sonja, to Bethenny and Carole, she’s got her little fingers in all of it.  

I love me some crazy Ramona, but the idea that she Carole are going to be besties makes me give all sorts of side eye at Carole.

• Love 14
(edited)

Agree with KFB about the lunch and switching chairs.

Beth should have stood up and told Ramona to take her (B's) chair and that she (B) would be taking her plate and moving to Ramonas former seat to finish her meal and catch up with the ladies at the other end of the table. 

This would have made SonJa feel included and left Ramona holding the bullshit bag.

Doris is becoming unraveled, and it looks like it continues in coming episodes.

Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 15
25 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Almost forgot this from the Tinsley crazy attack but I had to laugh at the beginning of the episode when Ramona is complaining about how psycho Sonja is....all the while handling a giant knife.  

And yelling into the speakerphone in the middle of Sur la Table! GAH!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Neeners said:

I was a little distracted this episode, but it didn't seem as good as last week. I'll watch it again, though. The previews for next week look good!

Don’t bother, nothing to see. That Henry Bendel “party” was so boring.  Standing around because there are no seats.  Those make up bags are tired looking having been around forever but not being good enough to obtain a classic label.  They tried to make Missy happen but she’s boring.  

• Love 12

Tinsley is a PEG permanently. How does that happen? She is Sonja in the making. One day, it's all going to be about her marriage out of school to Topper and the lifestyle (that she threw away) etc. Because I don't see her marrying and having children, I really don't see it happening.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Jel said:

Bethenny is really looking like money these days.

Scott, erm, I don't envy you if you ever have to break it off with Tinsley. I cannot see that going well.

Well, she would certainly get another series...on the ID channel.  I hope Scott doesn’t have a pet bunny.  

• Love 20
(edited)
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Why do I feel like Tinsley was a bit too psycho and intense for Scott?

She was as hyper as a female serial killer spotting her prey ("Who are you? My name is Aileen Wuornos!!") and it was all kinds of secondhand cringeworthy, but as crazy as it looked, I think that girl is canny about the man she's chasing.  However unsettled Scott might have initially been, I'm pretty sure no woman ever fell smitten to the floor in his presence before.  It may not last forever, but he'll be back for more of that ol' time religion. 

Sonja's Talking Head make-up = the Henri Bendel Nutcracker:

nutcracker.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I thought she was channeling that younger "girl about town" Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City....isn't Carole friends with Candace Bushnell?  

Luann is the friend of Candace Bushnell.  Or at least she was the one who brought her to Ramona's dinner last year in the Hamptons when Dorinda went off on Sonja.  https://www.bustle.com/p/dorindas-not-well-btch-quote-on-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-is-said-to-someone-totally-unexpected-53957  I have no doubt Candace probably knows many of them. 

• Love 13

I found Tinsley and Scott strangely endearing. Incredibly juvenile, with the potential for major mind-breaking crazy drama later. But, in this giggly happy moment it was fun to watch. 

Luann is tough and she may be more of an expert on etiquette than I thought, because she handled the Missy stuff beautifully. Boring for me as a viewer, though, because of the restraint. At least we later got... 

The fight at the end reminded me of Atlanta...a scene with Sheree, I think, from years ago. I so want to attend a housewives party at some point to see if it's as weird in person as it appears on TV. 

• Love 14

I kind of liked how Tinz described Scott as a humble self-made man. And yet I admit, I still kind of giggle when I think that his claim to fame is a place called Coupon Cabin. And then I think about her fainting before him—the King of Coupon Cabin.

I actually like Scott, and ironically enough, I knew someone who worked at Coupon Cabin. If Scott was on RHONY when I worked with this other guy, you better believe I’d be asking what Scott was like. And maybe even what The Tinz was like. LOL

• Love 18
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Those two poor women Sonja started babbling to.

“I just want to leave here with my jewelry on. I’m not buying any fake stuff. I’m leaving with the real stuff.”

“They complain that they never see me, but then when we get together, they don’t want to hear about what I’ve been doing...Healing. Vegging out.”

Woman: Yeah. 

I also loved that she walks over and says that she just wants to leave with her jewelry on and that she is wearing the real stuff and not the fake stuff while making a gesture towards the display.  How obnoxious. This party was at Henri Bendel which is an extremely nice store.  It isn’t like a Sears or JCPenney’s. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

Am I the only one who feels that going to a “party” in a high end store and shopping doesn’t seem like fun.  I would think you would feel obligated to buy some over priced item since you’re there & other people are buying.  How do you even arrange something like that and does the host pay anything?  

Nope, the host is actually paid and/ or comped with free products.

This type of parties are annoying and are the modern equivalent of my aunties’ Tupperware ones in the 70’s, imv.

Plus alcohol infused shopping is never a good idea, imo. 

As far as how to arrange those parties, Ramona/Bravo  is most likely being approached by Bendel at this time.

Bendel is truly slumming here. I guess it is good national and international exposure.

Too much shilling at this point, imo. Removed Bravo from my line up. It bores me at this point.

• Love 5

Right?? She so full of crap saying she'll use it to buy something nice for her daughter.

Oh and speaking of Sonja she did shock me this episode when she was full of praise about Bethenny's new apartment.  Unless Bravo edited out the cracks about Sonja living in much larger and more luxurious digs when she was married 5 million years ago.

• Love 10