Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E01: All-Athletes Edition Premiere

• Start Topic

On 5/5/2018 at 12:08 PM, mamadrama said:

It was Phillipe Candeloro. Sometimes he did a BRAVEHEART routine, other times a pirate one. He was very nice looking back in the day. 

I had a major crush on him. LOL

On 5/5/2018 at 12:02 PM, Hiacios said:

Are you freaking kidding me? Sharna isn't like those annoying dancers. SMH. She should've already won the show 3 times already.

I agree. She isn't as annoying as the male dancers, and I don't really have a problem if TPTB want to prop her to win this season. 

19 hours ago, majormama said:

Leaving aside any speculation on what she knew and when she knew it, Tonya Harding is a freaking goldmine of examples for my high school psych class! She doesn't just put responsibility and blame outside herself, she puts everything--happiness, sadness, love, acceptance, respect, it all comes from outside herself. She wants so desperately to be loved and accepted, and she just knew she was going to be rejected yet again. She totally had that abused-puppy-coming-for-more look on her face during the elimination and really the whole evening, and it was so awkward and painful to watch. And then she was accepted and just collapsed! Woman needs some serious therapy to learn to love and accept herself and stop giving a crap what others think.

But the other issue she raises is identity. Must she forever be known as That Girl from That Thing? Can she ever move past it? It's like Deadshot from Suicide Squad who doesn't want to be The Hitman Criminal anymore but wants to be The Guy His Daughter Looks Up To. And he even saves the freaking world, but everyone still sees him as a Really Bad Guy who must be locked up. Deserved or not, it can be hard to never be allowed to move past one mistake made in foolish youth and never be more than that. And how many people would accept her even if she did confess, take responsibility, and show regret for more than just her own suffering? 

Unfortunately, I think she will always be associated with the Nancy Kerrigan incident.  I do think she should take responsibility for her actions and it would make her look better in my eyes.  Then, I would take the position that everyone has made mistakes in the past.  But even if she did, the association will always be there.

I did think that it was cruel for the show to put her in the Bottom Three.  Even if she really was, I think that they should have put Kareem in the bottom.  He did get the lowest scores so it wouldn't have been a surprise.  It was just painful to see Tonya waiting to see if she was the one to go home even though she received really good scores.  As I previously wrote, I thought she was good but not in the same level as the top three.  So I thought all 7's would have been fine.  However, if she needed those scores to stay at least one week then I'm fine with it.  She shouldn't have gone home based on dance ability..

I could easily see Kareem knocking out some better dancers because he is popular. I'm not so sure he's going this week.

I'd probably feel more sympathy for Tonya is she admitted she was wrong. While I believe in second chances, it's hard to feel sorry for someone who doesn't seem to think she did anything wrong.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2018 at 3:08 PM, mamadrama said:

It was Phillipe Candeloro. Sometimes he did a BRAVEHEART routine, other times a pirate one. He was very nice looking back in the day. 

He was definitely easy on the eyes and had that bad boy swagger back then. Poor Dick Button despised his technique. 

Ok, back to DWTS. :)

• Love 1
On 5/5/2018 at 3:08 PM, mamadrama said:

Oh yes, I remember him. Very sexy man!

• Love 1