Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Leaving the Nest

• Start Topic

Why are they acting like MTV isn’t the one footing the bill on the hotel and probably the security deposits for the apartment. These too have little to no money and their parents are not well off either. 

Edited by Spiderella2
Clarity
  • Love 2

I think a lot of Denae’s emotional volatility, anger, and instability is related to his transgender lifestyle. He is still struggling with his trans journey and wants to be fully accepted as male. He must have had a hard time coming out and being accepted as male. He is extremely protective towards his male identity. Thus, any small error, perceived slight, threat, or disrespect to his identity must be handled forcefully and immediately. 

Even though he is passing as a male, I don’t think that Denae is fully transitioned yet. He may be taking a lot of other meds, steroids, testosterone etc. Since most health insurances don’t cover transitioning, he may be paying for it out of pocket and this also adds to their financial burden. (Another reason to do the show). Transition drugs are VERY expensive, I doubt Mama Denae is paying for them. On top of that, because he cannot afford the expensive good medication, or perhaps even regular doctor visits or lab work to monitor his levels, he may be overly or improperly medicated. Denae may be experimenting with various transition drugs, taking off brand or generic steroids/testosterone etc., and this causes aggressiveness, anger, and emotional volatility. It is a total recipe for the kind of fights we have been seeing, which seem to deteriorate very quickly. 

I think Denae is relatively newer in his transition journey and is acting out in all these inappropriate behaviors because of the drugs, and also to flex his masculinity. He is obviously extremely insecure. Due to being transgender, he is overly sensitive to anything that can be perceived as diminishing his masculine identity. He is fine with the traditional male role (taking out the trash) but bugs Briana to do the laundry. He is “The Man” and won’t let you forget it. Also why he was so quick and is so thirsty to let the world know that he has a baby. Stepping up for Brison and being there for Brianna through her pregnancy is just another achievement for his masculine ego to feed off of. The baby for him just further proves he is a man. 

I remember watching Kaitlyn Jenner’s show and one of the things they talked about was that you are essentially a teenager doing puberty all over again when you go through a transition regardless of how old you are. You have to learn how to do everything again; learn how to act, dress, talk, eat, walk, every single bit of your life you are re-learning and trying to adopt hetero-normative/societal standards. I’ve read the transition process is grueling and takes several years (almost 10) from start to finish. If you have an understanding partner, it’s definitely a boon, but Brianna has her hands full with Brison and doesn’t have the ability to deal with Denae’s problems on top of her own. 

Denae and Brianna both need to learn how to communicate better, they suck at it. Plus they aren’t getting any sleep with the newborn and this makes you more irritable and touchy anyway. Throw in their general explosive poor communication styles, quick tempers, insecurity, immaturity, unresolved anger towards Brianna for sleeping with Derek, the conflict with Briana’s family, financial worries, they have a lot of baggage and so many issues.  It’s definitely not a good combination for a relationship to have so many problems going in, with two people who are innately self-centered, immature, with trust and communication issues. Denae can’t seem to get a hold of his emotions for longer than 2 minutes. He’s all over the place, has been like that since the very first episode. Brianna, you dumb dumb, did you really think having your ex’s child would fix your current relationship? How stupid can you be?  Newborn baby with one arm, an absent sperm donor, a teen mom, and in-transition boyfriend. They are for sure not going to make it. 

Denae is a hot mess and should not be in a relationship with ANYONE right now. He does not have inner peace, and without inner peace, all you have is conflict and chaos, which is not the right environment to raise a child in. My action plan for them would be as follows: Denae needs intense individual counseling, a LGBT peer group, anger management therapy, and maybe some trans mentors to get himself fully together. Brianna and Denae should take a parenting class, for Brison’s sake. Neither of them know what they are doing, and Mama Brianna/her sister won’t be around to carry the load any more. They also need weekly intense couples counseling to help them get over their past baggage, give them conflict resolution tools, and learn the skills they need to build and have a good relationship. Right now they are just playing house. 

I feel so sorry for the baby. He already is going to have challenges due to his missing arm. He didn’t ask to be born into this mess and chaos. Poor Brison. 

• Love 10

I'm conflicted on Danae.  On the one hand, I want to believe transitioning is a real goal.  On the other though, I just feel like that is not true.  

In other words, I think Danae is simply a to-the-core asshole that may or may not be making a major life transition.  Either way, an easy tee-vee paycheck is the most important thing right now.  And maybe belittling Brianna a bit while in the payday pursuit, as well.  Danae just strikes me as a selfish jerk in general.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Even though he is passing as a male, I don’t think that Denae is fully transitioned yet. He may be taking a lot of other meds, steroids, testosterone etc. Since most health insurances don’t cover transitioning, he may be paying for it out of pocket and this also adds to their financial burden. (Another reason to do the show). Transition drugs are VERY expensive, I doubt Mama Denae is paying for them. On top of that, because he cannot afford the expensive good medication, or perhaps even regular doctor visits or lab work to monitor his levels, he may be overly or improperly medicated. Denae may be experimenting with various transition drugs, taking off brand or generic steroids/testosterone etc., and this causes aggressiveness, anger, and emotional volatility. It is a total recipe for the kind of fights we have been seeing, which seem to deteriorate very quickly. 

I was thinking this exactely. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

it weirds me out that Danae ALWAYS has the baby in his arms. It strikes me as some sort of control play. Can't explain it.

Agreed. 

RE: Danae's transition, as I understand it, plenty of trans people are trans and never have "bottom surgery". They live as men or women and there are dozens of shades of that. Any experts on trans culture please feel free to correct me but that's my understanding. Re: Danae's mother calling him "she"--My son has several trans friends. The ones I've only known as boys or girls, I have no trouble at all using thier preferred pronouns. But one is someone he's known since middle school, as a boy. I still have trouble remembering to use "they, them, their", their preferred pronouns. 

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, MissMel said:

Danae just strikes me as a selfish jerk in general.

And Brianna strikes me as a real dumbass. Those two are never going to work. I can't stand the sight of Danae.

• Love 6

Jesus, Brianna is dumb as a box of hair. But Lexi and Kayla make her look like a Nobelist.

What does Kayla see in that asshole Stephan? He's stupid, mean and ugly.

Kyler: "I don't save them. I just tell them they're drownding". Well, that certainly inspires confidence.

Jade and her toxic mother can miss me, for real. The old lady is a pro at deflecting and gaslighting. And Jade, bless her, is trying but she has no backbone and in the end uses the same weapons her mother does. Stalking off, yelling "I'm done!" is no way to resolve a conflict. I do feel bad for her, but this is her problem to solve. Sean is right to stay out of it.

• Love 9

Sean has completely done a 360, he no longer is seen playing video games and helps Jayde a lot.  He also knows to stay out of her family business. Has he ever mentioned his family?  All those people staying in her apt. & she said she’s the only one working!  Danae & Brianna will be going back and forth for a long time.  It must have been hard for Brianna’s Mom to let her go, but the only way to hopefully end it is to let Brianna fall on her face.  Is Pastor Tea the head of the church of hoodrats?  I must of missed it but why was Bar in jail?

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Juniebaby said:

Sean has completely done a 360, he no longer is seen playing video games and helps Jayde a lot.  He also knows to stay out of her family business. Has he ever mentioned his family?  All those people staying in her apt. & she said she’s the only one working!  Danae & Brianna will be going back and forth for a long time.  It must have been hard for Brianna’s Mom to let her go, but the only way to hopefully end it is to let Brianna fall on her face.  Is Pastor Tea the head of the church of hoodrats?  I must of missed it but why was Bar in jail?

Sean is really smart to stay out of it, I would probably have some opinions on the vagrant parents.

I really felt for Brianna's mom, and way to stay strong and force Brianna to make her own mistakes.  It is so hard to do that!  But it is the only way.

Pastor Tea, Head Church of the Hoodrats and step-dad had it out with Bar and although it wasn't physical, they arrested Bar.  Maybe they told him to leave their property and he wouldn't? 

• Love 2

So there was a young and Pregnant special before the series started and Danae said he wasn’t fully transitioned . It was super random and inserted in the middle of a totally different conversation , but yup he isn’t fully a he . 

30 minutes ago, lexsaysso said:

So there was a young and Pregnant special before the series started and Danae said he wasn’t fully transitioned . It was super random and inserted in the middle of a totally different conversation , but yup he isn’t fully a he . 

I'll just drop my two cents. Before Danae transitions he needs to go on ahead and have his own baby. He can stop trying to control Briana and bully her over the baby.

• Love 8

I don't care where Danae is in terms of physically transitioning or what his plans are with regard to that - I just care that he is, at present, an immature jerk (and, fortunately for him as well as for Brianna and her kid, already out of the picture).

Worst person in the Y&P franchise award currently goes to Jade's mom Christy.  WTF.  Stephan gets honorable mention.  I can only hope that he (perhaps with the help of that aunt of his) gets a reality check when he looks at the footage. Not that I expect him to stick around, but maybe he'll at least grasp that he's not stepping up anywhere near as much as he thinks he is.  

• Love 11

OH MY GOD all these stupid people need to not have children together. I weep for the future.

Worst person in the Y&P franchise award currently goes to Jade's mom Christy.

The delusion there is breathtaking. Christy, your relationship should not be symmetrical. You're the parent and she's the child. Also, you can save your promises about how you'd put Jade up in your imaginary home in some imaginary world where you hold down an imaginary job. We all know that's never going to happen.

• Love 14

I halfway wonder whether some of these couples met in AlaTeen meetings (the ones for the kids of alcoholics & addicts). 

• Love 3

All of these people are so dumb. I still can't take Lexi and her monotone voice. Kayla needs to kick Stephan to the curb. The only one who wins this episode was Kayla's mom who went on a cruise and hopefully had an awesome time!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

All of these people are so dumb. I still can't take Lexi and her monotone voice. Kayla needs to kick Stephan to the curb. The only one who wins this episode was Kayla's mom who went on a cruise and hopefully had an awesome time!

Kayla's mom went on the New Kids on the Block cruise!!  I noticed her packing and NKOTB t-shirt in her suitcase.  She also had an NKOTB cruise shirt on in another episode.  

• Love 9

When Brianna's mom calmly explained that Brianna had several choices, none of which included Danae living in the house, I knew that Brianna, the dumbass, would choose to move into a shitty apartment with Danae, who is probably making minimum wage, cuz she is just that dumb. And it also bothers me that Danae always wants control over the baby. 

Jade's parents are my nominees for Worst Parents of All Time. Jade is paying the rent, yet mom  dismisses the fact that Jade is supporting all of them by saying she fell on hard times and she would give Jade a home if she fell on hard times. Just as an aside, and I am not fat shaming, but how does one be an addict and and obese as Jade's mom? Most addicts seem to be emaciated. I don't get it. 

So Kyler isn't a lifeguard? I guess he's a towel attendant? He must be making minimum. How is it better to drive an hour to hand out towels, rather than to drive 10 minutes and flip burgers. Again, dumb decisions. And you know that dumb Lexi will get pg again, she wants to. And cheer. Cheer and Kyler, that's her ambition. She did say mortuary school, which actually is probably a good idea. It pays good money, but I'm guessing it's not easy, in terms of coursework. Mom, hate to tell you, but Lexi will be at home for a very long time, watching cheer videos and whining about Kyler, while you raise and pay for her kid. 

Kayla's mom took a cruise on purpose to show Kayla how tough i is. Whatever. Kayla is the Carrie Fisher  character (without smarts or wit) in When Harry Met Sally, who was dating a married guy and plotted and planned for him to leave his wife while Sally and her friends kept telling her he will never leave his wife. Kayla got pg on purpose to get Stefan to be with her, now she thinks if she makes him be in the house with her and the baby, he will stay. Again, I think she will be pg again in no time. And Kayla, he's never going to be with you!

• Love 6
On 4/28/2018 at 5:05 AM, Spiderella2 said:

Why are they acting like MTV isn’t the one footing the bill on the hotel and probably the security deposits for the apartment. These too have little to no money and their parents are not well off either. 

Denae did say he was working full time.  Probably a shitty minimum wage job BUT he was paying for his own apt before Braeson was born.  He told his friend that he regretted giving up his apartment when moving in with Brianna and her family.  If MTV was footing the bill they would have gotten that 'nicer' $580/month apartment. 

1 hour ago, Marisagf said:

Kayla's mom went on the New Kids on the Block cruise!!  I noticed her packing and NKOTB t-shirt in her suitcase.  She also had an NKOTB cruise shirt on in another episode.  

That is awesome. 

I still feel for Jade.  I'm so glad my parents aren't shitty parents that guilt trip me about everything. when her mom said "when you're down on your luck and need a place to go then I won't let you in my house" or whatever I SOOOO wanted Jade to say "and what house would that be!?!?!" Her mom is delusional. 

• Love 10
On 4/28/2018 at 8:17 AM, Spiderella2 said:

I am a parent to a trans teen.  Her medicine IS covered by insurance, i only pay about 15 a month out of pocket.  Since I am in a parents group , I also  know that the testosterone that he would take is usually covered but it is actually cheaper to buy outright and usually runs less than 75 for a three month supply including syringes at most pharmacies.  My child goes to a trans clinic at the local childrens hospital but I know a lot of areas have a walk in clinic similar to planned parenthood.  That being said, while he would most likely not be taking steroids, the testosterone does have a side effect of aggression etc.

On 5/1/2018 at 6:01 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Agreed. 

RE: Danae's transition, as I understand it, plenty of trans people are trans and never have "bottom surgery". They live as men or women and there are dozens of shades of that. Any experts on trans culture please feel free to correct me but that's my understanding. Re: Danae's mother calling him "she"--My son has several trans friends. The ones I've only known as boys or girls, I have no trouble at all using thier preferred pronouns. But one is someone he's known since middle school, as a boy. I still have trouble remembering to use "they, them, their", their preferred pronouns. 

Since I am a parent to a trans teen and have been attending support groups for several years, I can answer this.  Some parents adapt quicker than others.  It is not unusual for a parent to have trouble with pronouns for awhile .  In our case the transition has been very smooth.  Surgery is considered very personal and not something anyone should ever ask a trans individual.  Some do not ever have it, others cannot wait.  It is very expensive to have bottom surgery.

• Love 9
(edited)

I wonder if this group got a prepayment from MTV before even filming or a contract bonus or something.  Jade and her boyfriend have nice, new furniture, a pretty decent vehicle and apartment, and Jade's always done up (nails and makeup anyway).  Shawn (that's his name, right?) only had a job at a car wash and I don't know where Jade worked before, but unless she had a great job as a 20 year old, I don't know how they could pay for all that themselves.  Then he quit his job and she was mad, but not 'holy shit, how are we going to survive if I don't get a job right away' mad.  Now she's working (does anybody know where?), but it's extremely difficult to support a family on one income.  I was 25 when I had my first child and stopped working when he was a year old, and it was super tight financially for 4 or 5 more years.  And my husband had a pretty good job and both our vehicles were paid off. 

Kayla, Lexi, and Ashley (till last episode) still live at home so no clues there.  But Brianna and Danae had money for an apt. as well.  I don't know what Danae does or the cost of living where they are, but it takes money just to move with deposits and utility transfer fees.  They don't have as nice a place as Jade, or a car as far as I can tell, but they are younger and I don't think Brianna worked before, so I wouldn't expect them to be in the same place as Jade and Shawn.  Anyhow, it just makes me wonder if they got at least some MTV money up front. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 4

Kayla is so pathetic, letting Stefan talk to her and treat her like that. Get a spine, you meek little doormat. Stefan doesn't respect her even one iota and considering how stupid and whimpering she is, I can't say that I blame him. He should have seen this trap baby coming and worn a condom.

Neither Lexi nor her Big Lump open their mouths more than a millimeter when they speak. What is wrong with them? There must be something intellectually and/or mentally wrong with them. Lexi has the time and energy to re-join the cheer team but doesn't have even a part-time job to help pay for her kid? I hope her idiot parents are prepared to pay all the bills forever.

How many times did Jade mention that she's the only one in her house who has a job? LOL. She bitched at her boyfriend so much about him working long hours that he quit. That's what you get, I guess. Be careful what you wish for. Suck it up and enjoy your shift, loser.

Bailing boyfriends out of jail. Getting proposed to because jailbird boyfriend realizes that it must mean you're ride or die. Drug-addicted parents crashing in the nursery. These people are beyond trashy. None of these babies have a shot of being mature, productive adults. They'll grow up to be even more stupid and less productive.

• Love 8
(edited)

Dear Jades mom, I would imagine that if Jade ever falls on hard times and needed a place to stay, she wouldn't treat the house and hosts like crap the whole time.  That's the problem here, you heifer.  I wanted so badly for Jade to tell her that it's not that she needs help, it's that she's being a fucking bitch while simultaneously living off of Jade.  Especially when this is a new family trying to get established.  Jade should have just let her have her tempter tantrum and leave when she threatened to.  Especially after she acted the way she did after the proposal.  I don't know if Jade and Shawn are good together or not, but what I do know is that Jade's mom has terrible judgement and is the last person who needs to be giving advice.  And she told Jade that the baby could be better taken care of?!?!  This from an adult woman who can't take care of herself?  She is jealous of Jade and wants to drag her down.  Time to set some boundaries.

Brianna- I'm glad her mom gave her these options right now.  Sometimes people try to save their kids from learning the hard way, (which is the only way most of them learn anything at all), for so long that by the time they do they are mentally and emotionally stunted.  It's never good for a baby to be in that environment, but better now than when he's older.  It must be so hard for her to do that, but good for her.  She didn't need a bunch of histrionics, like Pastor Tea did.  She calmly laid out the options and that was it.  But how stupid is Brianna to move a baby into a neighborhood where she has not felt safe in the past?  What a fucking idiot.  There is so much air in her head I will be shocked if she ever gets her shit together.  She seems like the kind who could become a battered woman, and not only stay, but defend her abuser. 

Pastor Tea, Ashley is 20 years old.  If she's going to take any advice at all it's not going to be from a woman who's threatening to ruin everything.  Your desperation to control everything is very transparent.  Right or wrong, Ashley will marry Bar if she wants to.  An approach like Brianna's mom's would have been better.  Probably wouldn't have changed anything, but wouldn't have added to the tension between you and your daughter. 

Stephan-Kayla wasn't talking about you as a couple at all you dumbfuck.  She was talking about the baby.  Sorry she didn't know on Sunday that the baby would keep her up on Wed (or whatever), as to not interfere with your very important plans that cannot be changed under any circumstances.  I'm sure you can get another date with this girl go out with your friends next time they go.  Probably won't have to wait long.  But the 'this is why I can't be with you, we only need to discuss the baby' card is the only one you have, so you'll play it whether it actually applies or not (and she's desperate and stupid so it works on her).  But the rest of us see you.  You looked very stupid trying to make it seem like she was begging for your love at that moment, when she probably really just wanted a nap. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Kayla's mom took a cruise on purpose to show Kayla how tough i is. 

I can almost guarantee you that Kayla's mom booked that cruise a good 3 months before she found out that her kid was pregnant.  Those theme cruises are super expensive, even if they're only a 4 day booze cruise on an older Carnival ship.  And that particular NKOTB trip is pretty popular.  (I used to cruise quite a bit and hang out on some cruise messageboards.)  Girlfriend had her ticket punched before Kayla announced she was going to bear a crotch fruit.

Ashley and Barr need to pack their shit up and take their kid and move back to Vegas to get the hell away from their toxic families.  "Pastor" Tea is batshit and Stepdaddy Ted isn't much better if he's going to get in a pissing match with a 20 year old.  They're almost as bad as Jade's mother and stepfather.  Seriously, these alleged adults need to start acting like it.  

Jade needs to tell her mother to go kick rocks and take her creepy ass husband with her.  Really?  You're going to lecture your 21 year old new mother of a daughter on how she should be better taken care of when you're *&^%$#@ homeless and sleeping on her floor?  GTFO.  And take your walking cadaver of a husband with you.  The only reason she didn't storm out of the restaurant was because MTV was paying for her food.  

Lexi and Kyler have to be some of the least dynamic personalities on television.  They annoy me with how boring and mumbly they are.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, eskimo said:

I wonder if this group got a prepayment from MTV before even filming or a contract bonus or something.  Jade and her boyfriend have nice, new furniture, a pretty decent vehicle and apartment, and Jade's always done up (nails and makeup anyway).  Shawn (that's his name, right?) only had a job at a car wash and I don't know where Jade worked before, but unless she had a great job as a 20 year old, I don't know how they could pay for all that themselves.  Then he quit his job and she was mad, but not 'holy shit, how are we going to survive if I don't get a job right away' mad.  Now she's working (does anybody know where?), but it's extremely difficult to support a family on one income.  I was 25 when I had my first child and stopped working when he was a year old, and it was super tight financially for 4 or 5 more years.  And my husband had a pretty good job and both our vehicles were paid off. 

The apartment looks pretty basic, nothing super fancy so it probably isn't super expensive. Especially if they live somewhere where the cost of living is low.  And I believe they only have one car.  I don't think he worked at a car wash.. we saw him pushing boxes around off a delivery truck and Jade said her dad previously worked there then got fired. If her boyfriend was working long hours then he was probably making decent money.  And she didn't quit her job, when he told her that he quit she said she couldn't go back to her job until the doctor approved it.  For it being just the two of them for however long they've been together, the way they were living didn't seem extremely expensive to me.  Not to mention there's these things called credit cards which most people tend to live off of anyways. 

I think the teen mom girls have said they don't get paid until the episode airs so I don't see why they would give these girls a cash advance. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Ashley and Barr need to pack their shit up and take their kid and move back to Vegas to get the hell away from their toxic families.  "Pastor" Tea is batshit and Stepdaddy Ted isn't much better if he's going to get in a pissing match with a 20 year old.  They're almost as bad as Jade's mother and stepfather.  Seriously, these alleged adults need to start acting like it.  

Bar's Mom lives in Vegas, though, so that won't work, either!

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I don't think he worked at a car wash.. we saw him pushing boxes around off a delivery truck and Jade said her dad previously worked there then got fired. If her boyfriend was working long hours then he was probably making decent money.  And she didn't quit her job, when he told her that he quit she said she couldn't go back to her job until the doctor approved it.

That's right, I remember now.  Where in the hell did I get the idea he worked at a car wash?

17 minutes ago, eskimo said:

That's right, I remember now.  Where in the hell did I get the idea he worked at a car wash?

Cause Jade looks as gaudy as the 70's and you can picture her disco dancing to "At the car wash..."

• Love 3

I can't stop watching this trainwreck of a show, so I have no one to blame but myself for becoming enraged every week.

Spineless Kayla walking on eggshells to try to and keep this loser makes me nuts. She tries to hard to reason and seems to believe that there is some formula that she just has to apply to make Stephon change his ways and be a family. She has zero interest in hearing that that is not going to happen. WTF was with the gentle "I  was up all night and just wanted to know if you would change plans"? It was the same type thing that had me enraged last week or the week before when she-- still in pain and not sure driving was a great idea-- caved to drive him to play basketball. There are no words. She will never be anything other than a doormat to this guy.

Kyler looks absolutely miserable after their talk about what Lexi planned to do jobwise. Speaking of Lexi, even her cheering was monotone and had zero perk. Ugh.

I think Bar is getting the extra good edit. He looked very tired, puffy and unwell in this episode to me. Maybe being in jail for a few days will do that to you, but I just thought he did not look well at all. I like him and hope the Bar that we are seeing on the show is legit but I don't know. Pastor Tea-- a person that I think is batshit crazy-- seriously looked and sounded scared shitless when having that closed door talk with Ashley. I know she's all about the drama, but there was an urgency in her voice that made me think she was genuinely fearful.

So Brianna thought it was just swell to move herself and infant son to a neighborhood that scared the bejesus out of her all to be with Danae. What is there to say about that? From the preview after the show, it looks like things blow up for them next week.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, akr said:

Bar's Mom lives in Vegas, though, so that won't work, either!

Jesus, Reno then.  Any place where she can get a job slinging cocktails where neither of their poisonous families are!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Lemur said:

Jesus, Reno then.  Any place where she can get a job slinging cocktails where neither of their poisonous families are!

??no you forgot , she was a stripper in Vegas !

• Love 1
19 hours ago, lexsaysso said:

??no you forgot , she was a stripper in Vegas !

Oh, I know.  "Slinging cocktails in Vegas" is usually code for stripping or working in the adult industry, which, no shame in that game as far as I'm concerned.  It's legal and they're consenting adults.  Make that money, honey, while you're young and got the body for it.

• Love 5
On 5/1/2018 at 2:00 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

What does Kayla see in that asshole Stephan? He's stupid, mean and ugly.

Right?! So ugly. Kayla is a pretty girl. I wonder why she's wasting her life on that ugly loser? Who broke her?

On 5/2/2018 at 8:52 AM, Marisagf said:

That's cute. Kayla' s mom seems like a nice and normal mom. Her house and neighborhood look nice. I wonder what occupation her mom has. Has Kayla's dad been introduced on the show?

On 5/2/2018 at 8:55 AM, poeticlicensed said:

And you know that dumb Lexi will get pg again, she wants to. And cheer. Cheer and Kyler, that's her ambition. 

Why did Lexi's mom have to explain to the other lady (grandma?) that lexi won't be allowed to cheer once she graduates from high school? Duh! Isn't that obvious?

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Right?! So ugly. Kayla is a pretty girl. I wonder why she's wasting her life on that ugly loser? Who broke her?

I blame the parents. It makes me crazy to see how these girls are such doormats when it comes to losers that treat them like garbage. Even giving a generous allowance to the googly eyed "in love" thing and that being so young their backbone is not fully formed yet, there comes a time when you know you're being treated like trash. Then there comes the time when the loser knows that you are perfectly willing to be treated like trash and will walk on egg shells and do whatever he wants in order to keep him so he ramps up the shitty treatment. It makes me crazy to see what these girls put up with. 

• Love 3

Stephan is a total asshole. What a prick.

Why does Bar have a nice new-ish VW wagon?  I haven't checked the price on those but it doesn't look like a cheap car. Does he have a job? Based on his mom's demeanor, I can't really see her having a high paying job. Where does he live?

• Love 1