Type keyword(s) to search

PODCAST S02.E20 Go Pirates!: I Thought Our Story Was Epic

• Start Topic

Fun story about alt proms: at my high school, for underclassmen we had something called a Morp which was kind of like a spring formal. And as someone who loved a school dance, I loved it but yeah it did kind of make prom less.. special? If that makes sense

• Love 2

Sadie, Sadie... Okay, going back (to some recent bad episode): Miss Hawkins is REAL!!! Or was, anyway, in Akron, Ohio, circa 1980.  I went to a very 09er high school that would have dances avec courts at the drop of a chapeau. Homecoming was boys ask girls and girls on court, Valentines girls ask boys and boys on court, May dance (seriously??!!) was a co-ed court and I guess boys generally did the asking but it was also more likely that friends went together and your gang cut out after being anointed (yes, I was popular... but my class unusually and luckily happened to be friendly and funny, so assholes didn't prosper) and continued drinking. I do doubt this hideous popularity-contest culture continues. But maybe Sadie does. I'm pro, despite never getting  asked by anyone I was way into, but... well, gay (pede, heh), so there's that.

I'm ready for the move to college -- Extra Hot Great covered one of the episodes I saw, which scared the living shit out of me. I've never forgotten it!

yeah-- my high school (late 80's) had a Sadie Hawkins dance-- It was a big deal, in the spring. Saturday afternoon there was a flag football game (girls only) then the big dance after-- where the girls asked the boys.

It's been a little while since I watched this episode, but my recollection is that Terrance Cook is hospitalized because he was shot during his attempt to break into Naima's house, or something along those lines.

I like this episode and always thought the Veronica/Logan part was well done. I don't agree with the complaints over the last several episodes of the podcast about "what are they to each other?" I've always found their interactions to ring true for teenagers who care about and miss each other (and obviously have chemistry), but can't necessarily put aside the past and work it out. I thought the whole interaction at the prom and the next morning was in character for both of them and both actors really sold the scene at the hotel room door. Side note, the song playing in the prom scene, I Hear the Bells by Mike Doughty, has remained in my itunes since this episode aired way back when.

• Love 4

"my recollection is that Terrance Cook is hospitalized because he was shot during his attempt to break into Naima's house"

We're going to be complaining about this in a future episode so just roll your eyes now, because I forgot this was a thing. I thought he was "just" on suicide watch. The way he's discharged is very weird regardless of what he's in the hospital for.

On 5/1/2018 at 12:42 PM, MrPeanutbutter said:

It's been a little while since I watched this episode, but my recollection is that Terrance Cook is hospitalized because he was shot during his attempt to break into Naima's house, or something along those lines.

I like this episode and always thought the Veronica/Logan part was well done. I don't agree with the complaints over the last several episodes of the podcast about "what are they to each other?" I've always found their interactions to ring true for teenagers who care about and miss each other (and obviously have chemistry), but can't necessarily put aside the past and work it out. I thought the whole interaction at the prom and the next morning was in character for both of them and both actors really sold the scene at the hotel room door. Side note, the song playing in the prom scene, I Hear the Bells by Mike Doughty, has remained in my itunes since this episode aired way back when.

I always liked the Veronica and Logan stuff in this episode too. And that song is still on my Spotify playlist. I too, disagree with the complaints about this episode. I thought that part was well done, and this was one of my favorite episodes almost for that scene alone. 

• Love 1

This episode had a continuity error that always bothered me.  When Veronica first meets Leo, he tells her that his name is also his astrological sign.  But according to this episode, he is actually a Gemini (birthday of June 14th - I noticed because it's my birthday, too, although I am a *few* years older than Leo).  Someone dropped the ball on that one.

• Love 1

"Neptune - where no good deed goes unpunished". You can see how Keith managed to lose his Sherriff-dom (Sherriff-ship? Sherriff-ity?), despite being good at his job.

"Yes! Prayer works!" Love me some Mac. Some nice work from Gia/Krysten Ritter too - shame we don't get to see more of her after this season.

I have to assume Logan & V never "went there" (their make out session at the start of the Season suggested they had, but dialogue here suggests they didn't) because otherwise I would assume Logan was a far more likely source of the chlamidiya infection than Duncan. And on the subject of possible sources of STDs, Kendall's "Hi Veronica!" was perfect, but the soapiness of it was overly contrived.