Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Tribe Tracker

SVNBob
  • Start Topic

Since there seems to be a lot of confusion this season about tribal lines, I thought a topic to keep tabs on who was where and when might be of some help.

Let's start at the beginning with:

Original Malolo

• (Stephanie) Gonzales - 1st Boot
  • Jacob - 2nd Boot
  • Stephanie
  • Michael
  • Jenna
  • Laurel
  • Donathan
  • Libby
  • Brendan
  • James

Original Naviti

• Domenick
  • Wendell
  • Chris
  • Angela
  • Kellyn
  • Chelsea
  • Desiree
  • Sebastian (aka Sea Bass)
  • Morgan
  • Bradley

Swap #1

NuNaviti

1. Morgan 3rd Boot
  2. Domenick
  3. Wendell
  4. Chris
  5. Angela*
  6. Laurel
  7. Donathan
  8. Libby
  9. James

NuMalolo

• Brendan - 4th Boot
  • Stephanie - 5th Boot
  • Michael
  • Jenna
  • Sea Bass*
  • Kellyn
  • Chelsea
  • Desiree
  • Bradley

*Oops.  Had these two switched.

• Love 2

Swap #2 - Three Tribe Split

NuNuMalolo

• James - 6th Boot
  • Michael
  • Angela
  • Kellyn
  • Desiree

NuNuNaviti

• Bradley - 7th Boot
  • Domenick
  • Donathan
  • Libby
  • Chelsea

Yanuya

• Wendell
  • Chris
  • Sea Bass
  • Laurel
  • Jenna

Merge - Lavita

• Chris - 1st Juror
  • Libby - 2nd Juror
  • Desiree - 3rd Juror
  • Domenick
  • Wendell
  • Laurel
  • Donathan
  • Michael
  • Jenna
  • Kellyn
  • Chelsea
  • Angela
  • Sea Bass

Hopefully that'll be of some help.

• Love 2
(edited)

Good.  So, for quick reference, how about a list of all the players that made the merge with a short 3-letter code for their pre-merge tribes?

• NNY - Chris - 1st Juror
  • MNN - Libby - 2nd Juror
  • NMM - Desiree - 3rd Juror
  • NNN - Domenick 
  • NNY - Wendell
  • MNY - Laurel
  • MNN - Donathan
  • MMM - Michael  (A non-zero number of people will find that amusing)
  • MMY - Jenna
  • NMM - Kellyn
  • NMN - Chelsea
  • NNM - Angela
  • NMY - Sea Bass

And the interesting thing is, all the players still in the game all have different "codes", meaning that the F10 all had different tribal paths to get to that point.  The 3 Jurors all have a code/path identical to someone still in the game: Chris/Wendell, Libby/Donathan, and Desiree/Kellyn.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1

I thought this was off-topic for the Ponderosa thread and sort of fits the theme of this one so:

38 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

As I always said, keep the original tribes the same until the merge. There needs to be a season or more where this happens.

The thing is the last two seasons that didn't have any swaps (unless you count Philippines) were Redemption Island and South Pacific, which are both examples of exactly why they shuffle: because otherwise it is extremely boring Pagonging with only Rob and Coach's antics to entertain us, about which YMMV, to put it mildly.

1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I don't mind all the reshuffling typically, though it did seem especially confusing this season, but usually it helps prevent pagongings some, and those are the worst.  

On the other hand, the new style post-Cambodia of 1000 swaps a season also doesn't do much to stop Pagongings, it only seems to add a completely ineffectual goat from the other tribe to the mix.  Bayon dominated the Cambodia merge as Nuku dominated that of Game Changers, and Spencer and Troyzan worming their way into those F3s didn't really mean much.  My personal theory is that too many swaps actually makes the original tribes more likely to stick together.  When there's one swap there might be a lasting new alliance created on the solid ground of a new beach; but when all is chaos you reach for the familiar, the one thing you can count on, which is who you were with at the beginning.  An arbitrary thing, but something everyone can agree on.

It's especially weird to me that it happens in the returning player seasons.  They're the times you need the shuffles least, because the players are proven entertainment -- HvV had no swaps and was basically a Pagonging and it is glorious -- and on the other hand you'd think that with all the pre-game alliances that exist, people would be more likely to be fluid, but in fact they stick with their original tribe.  Which suggests to me that the too-many-swaps effect is real and strong.

• Love 3