Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: Option Two

• Start Topic

Oh damn, not Talbot!! But yeah, I'm guessing he will have to be killed at the end, and he'll be deemed a hero by all. 

Still, not Talbot! Come on! He didn't need this heroic redemption arc! 

Coulson had some pretty stellar lines this episode. I chuckled at him not getting to option three, which was conveniently the most ideal situation for them.

Some pretty cool fight scenes. 

• Love 6

Yeah, this is not going to end well for Talbot. 

And Daisy, ugh, what are you even doing? Digging up your mom's corpse? This is definitely not going to end well.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 10

Well, that just happened. The group is definitely fracturing beyond repair. The writers have to be doing this on purpose. How ironic that they’re trying to save the world from fracturing and their own personal world is fracturing to pieces. The pieces Coulson is going to solve are definitely the team. They’re going to break the loop coming back together as a team...

There is no WAY on this green Earth is Coulson will willingly put on the centipede tech. Why arent they looking up stuff about Mike? He had centipede tech. He was almost killed but brought back. Wouldnt they have, I dont know, scanned in his tech and have the specs?? I mean, wasnt it established that Mike was doing work for Coulson on the side...so they should have the tech on file, somewhere??

I’m so sad about Talbot. I don’t think there’s any coming back from this. His poor wife and son. So, is he the comic book villian? Comic book readers? Talbot is now Destroyer of Worlds though right? Its going to be him and Daisy fight to the death.

I hope some of these background Shield agents survived. I like seeing Piper and Davis in the background, I hope we get more consistent agents who survive all this bad shit they go through. Plus, honestly, they need Lighthouse survivors. 

• Love 11

I also feel like bring Daisy mom back is just asking for a disaster to happen

yes I know she was just digging her up at this point but it still feels bad

Edited by Froippi
  • Love 4

Man, I hoped Talbot was going to come out okay in the end.  And now, even if they kill him, he could send out a pulse that does serious damage.

May telling Coulson "It isn't" the right time to talk right before the battle made me smile.  Practical and succinct.

• Love 8

One more thing. Are we thinking Davis is inhuman? Piper asked if he had told his story of survival from Aida to the group, and he said no. And then Piper brings it up again about how he cant “die.” Do you think they’re leading to a surprise, last minute reveal of powers or just referring to his luck?

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Well, that just happened. The group is definitely fracturing beyond repair. The writers have to be doing this on purpose. How ironic that they’re trying to save the world from fracturing and their own personal world is fracturing to pieces. The pieces Coulson is going to solve are definitely the team. They’re going to break the loop coming back together as a team...

There is no WAY on this green Earth is Coulson will willingly put on the centipede tech. Why arent they looking up stuff about Mike? He had centipede tech. He was almost killed but brought back. Wouldnt they have, I dont know, scanned in his tech and have the specs?? I mean, wasnt it established that Mike was doing work for Coulson on the side...so they should have the tech on file, somewhere??

I'm not sure that they completely figured out why/how Mike didn't die like the rest of the subjects in project centipede - it was something in the ICERs that stabilized the formula. But you're right, this is a big plot hole. Didn't they also establish that Daisy has enough Kree/Inhuman DNA/GH325 in her system to potentially make more GH325? Wasn't that related to why SquidWard drained her blood out?

2 minutes ago, Froippi said:

I also feel like bring Daisy mom back is just asking for a disaster to happen

yes I know she was just digging her up at this point but it still feels bad

This brings up a good point, which is, can her mom actually die? We know that she didn't die with Whitehall dissected her and stored her organs in jars. Her mind was conscious somehow through all of that, and killing a village worth of people was enough to bring her back to life. So is she truly dead in that grave, or is somehow just barely alive down there? Could she still regenerate?

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, kitlee625 said:

I'm not sure that they completely figured out why/how Mike didn't die like the rest of the subjects in project centipede - it was something in the ICERs that stabilized the formula. But you're right, this is a big plot hole. Didn't they also establish that Daisy has enough Kree/Inhuman DNA/GH325 in her system to potentially make more GH325? Wasn't that related to why SquidWard drained her blood out?

This brings up a good point, which is, can her mom actually die? We know that she didn't die with Whitehall dissected her and stored her organs in jars. Her mind was conscious somehow through all of that, and killing a village worth of people was enough to bring her back to life. So is she truly dead in that grave, or is somehow just barely alive down there? Could she still regenerate?

I forgor about the Icers! I was referring to after that when Mike was practically blown up trying to save Coulson from Hydra. The next time we saw him, it was when Skye was shot, and he had all sorts of new mechcanical body parts and gear from Hydra saving him. They reference the upgrades again later when Coulson, Fitz, and Hunter are with Ward and Agent 13. Coulson had called in Mike for help and Fitz asks about his upgrades. So Shield was helping Mike, so you would think they would have seen what Hydra did to him to save him from the explosion (btw, I only remember this bc I was rewatching AoS over my Spring Break).

I am super freaked out now that Daisy is going to crack open thay coffin and there’s going to be a body-less nervous system or a pile or working organs. Lol. I dont get how exactly her powers work if she regenerated herself but also needed the life source of someone else but now its stuck in my head...

I keep going back to the scenes in the previous episodes with the Gravitonium. Why would they refer back to Dr Hall and Ian Quinn? Are they just Easter Eggs? Or are we going to see a scene where Hall and  Quinn fight to get out?

• Love 1

Killing off Talbot would be a horrible waste of the character. But at least if that is the endgame they are letting him go out in full rockstar style. You can really go bigger than the destroyer of worlds. And to hand it to the writers I did not see that coming at all! 

It could actually be pretty funny if Hall and Quinn try to gang up on him mentally, and then get shouted down by the Mustache of Authority. 

Can I assume that the "stuff going on in New York" that Mack's friend mentions to Daisy is referrencing the movie? If it is supposed to be a SHIELD reference it went over my head. 

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

I dont get how exactly her powers work if she regenerated herself but also needed the life source of someone else but now its stuck in my head...

I keep going back to the scenes in the previous episodes with the Gravitonium. Why would they refer back to Dr Hall and Ian Quinn? Are they just Easter Eggs? Or are we going to see a scene where Hall and  Quinn fight to get out?

I think she can regenerate but needs to suck people's life force in order to do it.

5 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Killing off Talbot would be a horrible waste of the character. But at least if that is the endgame they are letting him go out in full rockstar style. You can really go bigger than the destroyer of worlds. And to hand it to the writers I did not see that coming at all! 

It could actually be pretty funny if Hall and Quinn try to gang up on him mentally, and then get shouted down by the Mustache of Authority. 

Can I assume that the "stuff going on in New York" that Mack's friend mentions to Daisy is referrencing the movie? If it is supposed to be a SHIELD reference it went over my head. 

I assume that Talbot and his mustache have shouted down Hall and Quinn, considering that he didn't have the mental breakdown that Ruby did after the infusion.

I think it probably was a reference to Infinity War.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, kitlee625 said:

I think she can regenerate but needs to suck people's life force in order to do it

I always assume Jaiying's powers were similar to the mutant Selene's powers from the comics.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I’m so sad about Talbot. I don’t think there’s any coming back from this. His poor wife and son. So, is he the comic book villian? Comic book readers? Talbot is now Destroyer of Worlds though right? Its going to be him and Daisy fight to the death.

I hope some of these background Shield agents survived. I like seeing Piper and Davis in the background, I hope we get more consistent agents who survive all this bad shit they go through. Plus, honestly, they need Lighthouse survivors. 

Destroyer of worlds as far as I know comes from this season of the show. However Franklin Hall, with whom Talbot has infused with was Graviton. a major as in all the Avengers are needed to handle threat.

As far as Piper and Davis I would wait and see if a sixth season is in store . Did Agent Kim survive? He got a few  lines and that normally means a redshirt to make it more personal but in the dark I didn't notice him fall.

1 hour ago, CaptainTightpants said:

That was my first thought, but it will be a few more days before I get to see if the movie to see for myself if the  scene in the trailers is a slow start so people in the MCU world would say something's up but not being in a panic over another alien invasion.

• Love 1

So I heard Candyman say he just saw Robin drawing a blue chick with balls and I thought, "Uh oh, that means they're still in the bad time line if she's still seeing that Kree in the future..."

Talbot as the MCU version of Graviton? I'm okay with that.

• Love 7

Can somebody tell me if they siphoned off a little Gravitonium, put it in a bottle and gave it to Deke to carry. Why?

They mentioned something about throwing the bottle into the sun. Why?

I can't believe they would transport the Destroyer of Worlds machine back to the lighthouse without dismantling it first and  then somebody was stupid enough to plug it into the electrical outlet. That's an accident waiting to happen.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Can somebody tell me if they siphoned off a little Gravitonium, put it in a bottle and gave it to Deke to carry. Why?

I can't believe they would transport the Destroyer of Worlds machine back to the lighthouse without dismantling it first and  then somebody was stupid enough to plug it into the electrical outlet. That's an accident waiting to happen.

Yes having the machine like that is some of the worst writing the show had. Fitz/Simmons showed last episode they know how to disable it. How can they justify being careless about it. It can destroy the world. Yeah whatever let's leave it like that. 

That episode was ruined for me from the start with that team argument. So much shit thrown around and stuff unaddressed that will never be addressed again with three episodes left. I get it there is no time for it but they got away with it way too easy. I'm pretty much done caring about Yo-yo and Simmons at this point, they showed their true colours in that argument. At the very least Fitz has an excuse, he is sick and need medical help. But Simmons/Yo-yo have no excuses. You have in the room the people Fitz hurt, he got Mack shot, he tortured Daisy a second time, he threatened the lives of the rest and you go around using Ruby cracking a few of Fitz's ribs ? You blame people for acting on something they don't know because you haven't told them ? Like really ?

Let's recap :

• Withhold vital information on how to save Earth. Leaving the rest of the team wasting time going on missions blind...
  • Yo-yo didn't take the time to recover from her injury and see how her new prosthetics worked with her powers, risking the life of everyone who would rely on her being 100% ready for field work.
  • Staged a mutiny when they broke out Fitz who just shot Mack and tortured Daisy (for the second time in about a month), locking Mack the one in charge of the base while a rescue mission is underway, and to top it off they stole the only quinjet they have left.
  • Sabotage the machine, succeeding in preventing the world to be destroyed, and then proceed to repair it because their lives are more important than Earth remaining intact. When a few days ago Fitz didn't have any trouble risking Daisy's and everyone else to close a rift that only caused minors injuries.
  • Yo-yo Took upon herself to kill a gravitonium infused Ruby out of sheer vengeance, when the one in charge is right next to her and telling her not to escalate things given that they have no idea what would happen.

That's not even considering the shit they pulled in season 4, who from their perspective happened at best a couple of month ago. Shit like Simmons/Fitz hiding the LMDs who led to a lot of people dying, killing S.H.I.E.L.D.'s regained public support and destroying the base.

And yet they act like they have any standing ? That they have any say in who Coulson chose to replace him ?

All they did was piss off everyone else and make sure they won't listen to them anymore. Like when Daisy told Fitz she wouldn't have gone through the operation if he asked, even though she has been shown to have no regards for her safety when she can save people. You just don't side with the one who backstabbed you a moment ago.

Edited by Zautruche
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I think it was to be used to get the Zephyr into space if needed with the main gravitonium source being sent into the sun. Only the lock down meant nobody got to their initial assignments and we all went to another option two.

Not dismantling seemed to be SHIELD SOP from the start when they faked sending 084's into the sun the first season. The agency seemed to be all pack rats who secretly kept stuff  stored in places like the Guest House, The Fridge and the Lighthouse.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

They wanted to destroy it, but can I just point out that throwing Gravitonium, an unknown highly unstable element that controls gravity, into the sun (aka an object with massive gravitational force) seems like a really terrible idea. For all they know, it could react with the gravitational field of the sun and cause the sun to get all messed up.

Between that and leaving the Destroyer of Worlds machine completely set up, SHIELD had two big d'oh moments in this episode.

So is Talbot now Graviton?

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 15

I tell you what Coulson, the rest of the team, and the Aliens should be very much afraid of Talbot right now

also Hale should be afraid of it to

Edited by Froippi
  • Love 3

Did I understand it right that Deke suggested that Qovas's people had often raided the future Lighthouse? If true it would explain the size of the Kasius's Kree guard force

12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I'm not sure of the reason in the present, but Deke has possession of Gravitonium in the future. Not sure if this is another case of AoS helping to set future events in place.

As for the Destroyer of Worlds machine being readily available, powered up, connected to other tanks, and easily operated by one person - - well, that's just lazy writing. 

One nice touch, though : I think they are trying to be consistent with the set of the future Lighthouse and the destruction that happens to  the lighthouse in the present. When the first trojan horse bomb exploded in the Lighthouse, there was a focus on something in the wreckage that seemed significant - and was shown when Coulson first appeared in the future Lighthouse  ... but I did not understand exactly what it was. 

On the downside : It feels as if they have been stuck in the lighthouse and talking about Gravitonium forever

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 6

By the way the FitzSimmons and YoYo va. Daisy situation is getting bad really fast and I see no solution but ending the season with Daisy hating them and FitzSimmons and YoYo hating Daisy also their is no solution 

Edited by Froippi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, shrewd.buddha said:

I'm not sure of the reason in the present, but Deke has possession of Gravitonium in the future. Not sure if this is another case of AoS helping to set future events in place.

As for the Destroyer of Worlds machine being readily available, powered up, connected to other tanks, and easily operated by one person - - well, that's just lazy writing. 

One nice touch, though : I think they are trying to be consistent with the set of the future Lighthouse and the destruction that happens to  the lighthouse in the present. When the first trojan horse bomb exploded in the Lighthouse, there was a focus on something in the wreckage that seemed significant - and shown when Coulson first appeared in the future Lighthouse  ... but I did not understand exactly what it was. 

On the downside : It feels as if they have been stuck in the lighthouse and talking about Gravitonium forever

I think it was not so much that Deke had the anti-gravity belt but that in the future the gravitonium  was part of their lives like electricity is part of ours. So he is the local expert and is not afraid of turning up like Creel like the redshirt and main cast  SHIELD Agents are.

Remember this is written as a  possible series finale and besides the Inhumans and Deathlok that  Graviton was the major comic's character the MCU allowed for the show. They couldn't even give M.O.D.O.K. his name while allowing some lines.  So they will possibly go out big, with what the base comic book fans see as an Avengers level threat.

edit to add: That's the second time I left out Ghost Rider in a comics heavy hitter allowed to be used on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D 

Could Daisy being away to get something to save Coulson be what Elena told Yo-Yo? I don't think so that was way to prophetic needing an interpretation and not straight forward. I can't begin to speculate how Extremis added to Jaiying's immortality abilities adds up to the end of the world in 3 more hours of TV. 

Edited by Raja
Ghost Rider
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Raja said:

Could Daisy being away to get something to save Coulson be what Elena told Yo-Yo? I don't think so that was way to prophetic needing an interpretation and not straight forward. I can't begin to speculate how Extremis added to Jaiying's immortality abilities adds up to the end of the world in 3 more hours of TV. 

I'm not sure either, and I give the writers some credit because I thought they were building towards a simple story (Daisy gets infused with gravitonium), but I'm not sure that's the case. She still could be infused since that machine is apparently still up and running, and there's some gravitonium left. Elena's warning could have been because without Daisy at the base, they were losing the battle with the aliens and Talbot became Graviton. But if that were the case, you'd think the warning would be more centered around Talbot or gravitonium.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Zautruche said:

Yes having the machine like that is some of the worst writing the show had. Fitz/Simmons showed last episode they know how to disable it. How can they justify being careless about it. It can destroy the world. Yeah whatever let's leave it like that. 

That episode was ruined for me from the start with that team argument. So much shit thrown around and stuff unaddressed that will never be addressed again with three episodes left. I get it there is no time for it but they got away with it way too easy. I'm pretty much done caring about Yo-yo and Simmons at this point, they showed their true colours in that argument. At the very least Fitz has an excuse, he is sick and need medical help. But Simmons/Yo-yo have no excuses. You have in the room the people Fitz hurt, he got Mack shot, he tortured Daisy a second time, he threatened the lives of the rest and you go around using Ruby cracking a few of Fitz's ribs ? You blame people for acting on something they don't know because you haven't told them ? Like really ?

Let's recap :

• Withhold vital information on how to save Earth. Leaving the rest of the team wasting time going on missions blind...
  • Yo-yo didn't take the time to recover from her injury and see how her new prosthetics worked with her powers, risking the life of everyone who would rely on her being 100% ready for field work.
  • Staged a mutiny when they broke out Fitz who just shot Mack and tortured Daisy (for the second time in about a month), locking Mack the one in charge of the base while a rescue mission is underway, and to top it off they stole the only quinjet they have left.
  • Sabotage the machine, succeeding in preventing the world to be destroyed, and then proceed to repair it because their lives are more important than Earth remaining intact. When a few days ago Fitz didn't have any trouble risking Daisy's and everyone else to close a rift that only caused minors injuries.
  • Yo-yo Took upon herself to kill a gravitonium infused Ruby out of sheer vengeance, when the one in charge is right next to her and telling her not to escalate things given that they have no idea what would happen.

That's not even considering the shit they pulled in season 4, who from their perspective happened at best a couple of month ago. Shit like Simmons/Fitz hiding the LMDs who led to a lot of people dying, killing S.H.I.E.L.D.'s regained public support and destroying the base.

And yet they act like they have any standing ? That they have any say in who Coulson chose to replace him ?

All they did was piss off everyone else and make sure they won't listen to them anymore. Like when Daisy told Fitz she wouldn't have gone through the operation if he asked, even though she has been shown to have no regards for her safety when she can save people. You just don't side with the one who backstabbed you a moment ago.

Let's not forget Simmons wanting to leave Will on that alien planet when she thought he was still alive back in Season 3 as well. In my opinion, the writers have destroyed these characters for the ship and also ruined the characters that are around them because of the online ship as well. At this point, both characters have lost a lot of love from me but only the shippers have either cared/let things slide because of their obsession, IMO. Looking at the current ratings (which for some reason I can't get until like Monday afternoon) people have stopped watching the show (last week's episode got a whopping 1.67  in live ratings). Even diehard fans (who don't ship them) are now hating on them because they have done so many shitty things, IMO. It's no wonder Deke turns out to be their grandson at the end of things. For all, we know Fitz/Simmons daughter will probably be working for the Kree before the Kree Watch drags her away to be killed in the future timeline. 

Edited by TVSpectator
2 hours ago, Raja said:

Remember this is written as a  possible series finale and besides the Inhumans and Deathlok that  Graviton was the major comic's character the MCU allowed for the show. They couldn't even give M.O.D.O.K. his name while allowing some lines.  So they will possibly go out big, with what the base comic book fans see as an Avengers level threat.

edit to add: That's the second time I left out Ghost Rider in a comics heavy hitter allowed to be used on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D 

Well, it is obvious they are writing this as the series finale but at the same time they even said that they want to leave some doors open just in case they do get renewed for a 6th season (but that has to be the last season as well. At the current rate of live ratings, it looks like its either a cancellation and/or a 6th season to just wrap things up. Which would mean a 12-13 episode season, at best, in my opinion. Although, the big wild card is Disney since they were the ones that told ABC last year that they couldn't cancel the show back in Season 4 (when it was pulling a 2.0 something in live ratings). But even back then the writers were worried that they would've gotten canceled back then and they wrote the ending much like the way they wanted to end it. That was probably why we had the whole, "let's go out to eat before we turn ourselves in.... oh, no the team has bee abducted.....). 

10 hours ago, NossohSeven said:

So I heard Candyman say he just saw Robin drawing a blue chick with balls and I thought, "Uh oh, that means they're still in the bad time line if she's still seeing that Kree in the future..."

It was good to hear a mention of Sinara, at least.:-)

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

Let's not forget Simmons wanting to leave Will on that alien planet when she thought he was still alive back in Season 3 as well. In my opinion, the writers have destroyed these characters for the ship and also ruined the characters that are around them because of the online ship as well. At this point, both characters have lost a lot of love from me but only the shippers have either cared/let things slide because of their obsession, IMO. Looking at the current ratings (which for some reason I can't get until like Monday afternoon) people have stopped watching the show (last week's episode got a whopping 1.67  in live ratings). Even diehard fans (who don't ship them) are now hating on them because they have done so many shitty things, IMO. It's no wonder Deke turns out to be their grandson at the end of things. For all, we know Fitz/Simmons daughter will probably be working for the Kree before the Kree Watch drags her away to be killed in the future timeline. 

Just because someone likes a character or characters doesn't mean they are obsessed with them. And I don't base my opinion of a show on ratings. There are a ton of shows out there that people love that I have no interest in watching. That doesn't mean they don't have the right to watch and enjoy those shows without me. If people don't like AoS and don't want to watch it, that's their right. Doesn't mean a hill of beans to me, they are free to move along.

I like to sit back and be entertained. And I would like to come to this forum and discuss the show without it being inferred (or outright stated) that I'm wrong for liking a character or still enjoying the show. And get hammered over and over again with the same statements about why I shouldn't like these characters. I like all of the characters, I find their motivations interesting, and I'm still surprised by what the writers pull out of their hats. 

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Just because someone likes a character or characters doesn't mean they are obsessed with them. And I don't base my opinion of a show on ratings. There are a ton of shows out there that people love that I have no interest in watching. That doesn't mean they don't have the right to watch and enjoy those shows without me. If people don't like AoS and don't want to watch it, that's their right. Doesn't mean a hill of beans to me, they are free to move along.

I like to sit back and be entertained. And I would like to come to this forum and discuss the show without it being inferred (or outright stated) that I'm wrong for liking a character or still enjoying the show. And get hammered over and over again with the same statements about why I shouldn't like these characters. I like all of the characters, I find their motivations interesting, and I'm still surprised by what the writers pull out of their hats. 

Well, if you are entertained then that is great but there are some people who watch this show because it's supposedly part of the MCU. For me, it has become a  chore to watch because we are supposed to like these characters but a lot of time they end up doing shitty things that makes me not like them. What happens is that a lot of times I end up rooting for them to lose (like right now I am rooting for Simmons and Fitz to be killed off without having that supposed daughter). At least on certain other shows, something like torture makes sense for their characters to do but here, it doesn't because they are supposed to be not evil and/or anti-heroes at all. So when they do something that makes people go, "WTF? That is like evil" then this is why, IMO, people get upset and just quite the show. 

Edited by TVSpectator
2 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

Well, if you are entertained then that is great but there are some people who watch this show because it's supposedly part of the MCU. For me, it has become a  chore to watch because we are supposed to like these characters but a lot of time they end up doing shitty things that makes me not like them. What happens is that a lot of times I end up rooting for them to lose (like I am rooting for Simmons and Fitz to be killed off without having that supposed daughter). At least on certain other shows, something like torture makes sense for their characters to do but here, it doesn't because they are supposed to be not evil and/or anti-heroes at all. So when they do something that makes people go, "WTF? That is like evil" then this is why, IMO, people get upset and just quite the show. 

I can understand and respect that. I'm not there yet and I hope I don't get there, because this is still one of my favorite shows and one that I watch as soon as possible. (I dvr everything to watch at my convenience). I have quit watching a few shows over the years, so I get what you're saying - once a show becomes a chore to watch, I basically decide that life is too short to force myself to continue watching something that I am not getting joy from, and I move on. I'm sorry that you have almost reached that point with SHIELD.  :(

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

ust because someone likes a character or characters doesn't mean they are obsessed with them. And I don't base my opinion of a show on ratings. There are a ton of shows out there that people love that I have no interest in watching. That doesn't mean they don't have the right to watch and enjoy those shows without me. If people don't like AoS and don't want to watch it, that's their right. Doesn't mean a hill of beans to me, they are free to move along.

Couldn't have said that better myself...

• Love 7

Well, I didn't see that coming!  Talbot goes into the machine himself and becomes the new Graviton!  I have a feeling this is going to end badly for everyone, especially him.

Poor Coulson is basically doing everything he can to prevent having their own little Civil War going on at SHIELD.  I don't see how there can be any closure at this point, because no one from the Simmons/Fitz/Yo-Yo group seems to be willing to admit that their actions have harmed others, so why would either Daisy or Mack be willing to see their side, if they won't?  Can't really blame either of them, honestly, which sucks to admit since I like Simmons/Fitz and really enjoy the Yo-Yo/Mack relationship, but the trio aren't even attempting to make amends or even apologize.

Loved Melinda giving Coulson shit for not waiting for the computer to go through the options and just hitting the nuclear one, which almost locked them all up for fifteen years!

I liked the brief moment of Piper and Davis having a conversation off screen, before Simmons came up to them.  If this show goes past this season, I'd like to see a "Lower Deck" (Star Trek: The Next Generation) type episode, where we follow the lower agents, dealing with the fallout of whatever the main characters cause or decided to do.

Daisy now has part of what she needs to hopefully cure Coulson, but the other part require her to dig up her mom's grave?  Oh, boy!

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Well, I didn't see that coming!  Talbot goes into the machine himself and becomes the new Graviton!  I have a feeling this is going to end badly for everyone, especially him.

Poor Coulson is basically doing everything he can to prevent having their own little Civil War going on at SHIELD.  I don't see how there can be any closure at this point, because no one from the Simmons/Fitz/Yo-Yo group seems to be willing to admit that their actions have harmed others, so why would either Daisy or Mack be willing to see their side, if they won't?  Can't really blame either of them, honestly, which sucks to admit since I like Simmons/Fitz and really enjoy the Yo-Yo/Mack relationship, but the trio aren't even attempting to make amends or even apologize.

Loved Melinda giving Coulson shit for not waiting for the computer to go through the options and just hitting the nuclear one, which almost locked them all up for fifteen years!

I liked the brief moment of Piper and Davis having a conversation off screen, before Simmons came up to them.  If this show goes past this season, I'd like to see a "Lower Deck" (Star Trek: The Next Generation) type episode, where we follow the lower agents, dealing with the fallout of whatever the main characters cause or decided to do.

Daisy now has part of what she needs to hopefully cure Coulson, but the other part require her to dig up her mom's grave?  Oh, boy!

well Fitz doesn't want forgiveness so I doubt Fitz will admit that if he doesn't even want forgiveness but maybe i'm looking at it wrong to though

Edited by Froippi
5 minutes ago, Froippi said:

well Fitz doesn't want forgiveness so I doubt Fitz will admit that if he doesn't even want forgiveness but maybe i'm looking at it wrong to though

Well for removing Daisy's inhibitor at least. The mission of the Invincible 3 had Fitz as more of a tag along with his wife taking the lead.

*Plugs fingers into ears* lalalalal I dont hear Infinity war references lalalalal no spoilers lalalalal

Anyway, poor Coulson is now stuck with his very own Civil War story. I think that to "put the pieces back together" he`ll be bringing the team back together, getting them all to explain why they've done all the messed up stuff they've done lately, explain what it is or isnt a bad thing to do, and hopefully everyone can finally work together again. You know, as much as I dont really like the team fracturing like this (and finding some people being OOC) at least its better than a similar Civil War style arc going on over at Arrow now. Now thats been some bottom of the barrel bullshit. 

"Always listen to ALL the instructions"! Coulson and May were pretty great together, especially when he was awkwardly explaining how he had accidentally put them into lock down. 

No Talbot! Dont do it! Oh, this isnt going to end well at all. I assume this is the beginning of the end for him, and he will go out with a big sacrifice, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I do like that he managed to get it under control more than anyone else, and that his Mustache of Authority has managed to even shut mouthy ghosts in his head up. If he dies, I will really miss him, which is pretty good considering I didnt like him much at all when we first met. I was really hoping that he would make it after surviving so much. 

And...Daisy digs up mom. Yeah, this wont end well either. At all. Thats just gross, Daisy. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

And...Daisy digs up mom. Yeah, this wont end well either. At all. Thats just gross, Daisy. 

I'm not sure I see how practical that is. Wouldn't Jiaying's body have decomposed at this point? It seemed different the first time, where Whitehall stored samples and Cal found her not long after she was discarded by Hydra, but at this point she's been buried for years. And then there's the issue that May and Daisy will need to convince Coulson to get cybernetic implants and regularly administering this serum (if they're following what Garrett did to stay alive), and even then Garrett's solution was temporary (which is why he wanted to know how Coulson came back since his remedy was a temporary fix) so this would likely only delay the inevitable.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

I'm not sure I see how practical that is. Wouldn't Jiaying's body have decomposed at this point? It seemed different the first time, where Whitehall stored samples and Cal found her not long after she was discarded by Hydra, but at this point she's been buried for years. And then there's the issue that May and Daisy will need to convince Coulson to get cybernetic implants and regularly administering this serum (if they're following what Garrett did to stay alive), and even then Garrett's solution was temporary (which is why he wanted to know how Coulson came back since his remedy was a temporary fix) so this would likely only delay the inevitable.

Also completely ignoring that Coulson specifically and repeated states that he does not want to take measures to prolong his life. It is his decision and nobody is respecting it. 

Not to mention that desecrating your mom's grave, no matter how good you think your reason, is totally a dick move. I'm pretty sure Jiaying would not consent to any of this considering she hated Coulson and SHIELD. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Also completely ignoring that Coulson specifically and repeated states that he does not want to take measures to prolong his life. It is his decision and nobody is respecting it. 

Not to mention that desecrating your mom's grave, no matter how good you think your reason, is totally a dick move. I'm pretty sure Jiaying would not consent to any of this considering she hated Coulson and SHIELD. 

To paraphrase Yondu, May is her Mama and Mama agrees 

• Love 1

Talbot... Destroyer of Worlds.  That's not ending well.

While I loved the reference to Jiaying, yeah, Daisy... dick move desecrating your mother's grave.  Whoops, CaptainTightpants a few posts above said the same thing.

Of course, Deke, and later Fitz witness the randoms getting slaughtered by the Mortal Kombat cosplayers... I mean, marauders.  My only issue, I never feel any danger for our main characters.  They always make it.  Well, we'll see how the coming episodes go. 

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

It is indeed a dick move. But as for her consent, who cares? Daisy's mom was going to kill dozens of people, had killed in the past and attempted to kill Daisy herself. If I was Daisy, I'd piss on her grave right after I dug her up.

Also, I don't think Daisy is digging up her mom, per se, she is looking for either a piece of her or a chemical that is part of her.

Edited by Jack Kerouac
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Jack Kerouac said:

It is indeed a dick move. But as for her consent, who cares? Daisy's mom was going to kill dozens of people, had killed in the past and attempted to kill Daisy herself. If I was Daisy, I'd piss on her grave right after I dug her up.

Also, I don't think Daisy is digging up her mom, per se, she is looking for either a piece of her or a chemical that is part of her.

That wasn't an emotional point it was a legal one. There have been a lot of comments lately about the official standing of SHIELD. What Daisy is doing is wildly illegal from a medical consent standpoint, not even including the grave robbing. Another instance of unsanctioned actions by an unsanctioned force. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

That wasn't an emotional point it was a legal one. There have been a lot of comments lately about the official standing of SHIELD. What Daisy is doing is wildly illegal from a medical consent standpoint, not even including the grave robbing. Another instance of unsanctioned actions by an unsanctioned force. 

Yes, and just as there is an argument to be made that FitzSimmons is acting selfishly with regard to protecting each other, Daisy and May are acting just as selfishly trying to keep Coulson alive, against his wishes. 

Not that I want Coulson to die, because I certainly don't, but just calling it out for what it is - Daisy going rogue for selfish reasons, like practically everyone else. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Yes, and just as there is an argument to be made that FitzSimmons is acting selfishly with regard to protecting each other, Daisy and May are acting just as selfishly trying to keep Coulson alive, against his wishes. 

Not that I want Coulson to die, because I certainly don't, but just calling it out for what it is - Daisy going rogue for selfish reasons, like practically everyone else. 

The issue that comes into play is not simply the stakes - which was the world in the case of Fitz and Simmons, since they both acknowledge that Ruby might destroy the planet - but also Fitz's conduct with Daisy, which is the shadow that looms over how he gave in to Ruby. That's why this isn't the same.

Moving on, I understand that May and Daisy don't want to lose him, but this solution isn't going to work if Coulson doesn't agree to it.

• Love 1
On 4/27/2018 at 10:31 PM, SnoGirl said:

I've seen that Comic book fans have said that in the preview for Next week, Talbot is wearing the Outfit that Gravitron wears in the comics so it looks like Talbot is going bad 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Moving on, I understand that May and Daisy don't want to lose him, but this solution isn't going to work if Coulson doesn't agree to it.

I can't imagine how this is going to play out. I don't even try to guess because this show pulls stuff out of left field regularly.