Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

I hadn't read anything about season 3, so I was expecting the Shelby-kidnapped-by-arms-dealer storyline to go on and on, and was pleasantly surprised that they wrapped it all up quickly and it was just an appetizer for the new black-ops team's coming adventures. This show can be cheesy and eye-rolling at times, but for some reason I like it!

13 hours ago, Lily H said:

I hadn't read anything about season 3, so I was expecting the Shelby-kidnapped-by-arms-dealer storyline to go on and on, and was pleasantly surprised that they wrapped it all up quickly and it was just an appetizer for the new black-ops team's coming adventures. This show can be cheesy and eye-rolling at times, but for some reason I like it!

Me too! When they rescued her I was confused.  I am hopeful this will revitalize the show into what it could have been all along.  I just hope they don’t focus on a love triangle of Ryan Shelby and Alex. 

I was also expecting them to start doing time jumps showing us today while flashing back to whenever Alex and Ryan stole this code. I'm hoping if they steamline it and keep to one timeline it will be less annoying.

The only thing I wasn't clear on was whether Shelby did know about the Conscience code or not. The widow was acting like she didn't, but Alex and Ryan acted like she knew what they had done.

I am hopeful this will revitalize the show into what it could have been all along.  I just hope they don’t focus on a love triangle of Ryan Shelby and Alex. 

I laughed that Alex and Shelby took a moment when they were being held hostage by terrorists to argue over who loves Ryan more.  It's all very Quantico. 

I had to stop watching during season 2 because all the time jumps and concurrent storylines were just too much. I heard there was a new showrunner so I tuned in, with lot of hope. I was pretty damn pleased. It was beautifully shot. I also was absolutely shocked the Shelby rescue was wrapped up within one episode. With the formation of this black ops team, it looks like the show is heading to some version of a case of the week format and I am so thankful. I agree with the poster who said the show may finally become what it should have been all along. 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, misstwpherecool said:

Still a show about pretty people.

I had to laugh at the beginning, at Alex's grape-picking outfit of full makeup, crisp white knotted shirt, thin cotton skirt, and flimsy espadrilles. She must have snipped off 2 bunches and then packed it in for the day, because when she got home she still looked so fresh and perfect.

Ryan goes undercover to stop the distribution of a deadly strain of tuberculosis.

There's no way an elite black-ops unit would have 2 trainees on it. They just don't have the experience and knowledge. The woman seems competent, but the self-proclaimed 'Indian nerd' would seem to be a liability, since I doubt there'll be a need to perform emergency surgery every week. His 'MD and PhD from Johns Hopkins' are nice, but of little practical use. He can't shoot, can't pick a lock, can't keep his eye on a child for 30 seconds, and can't keep the child from stealing his phone. OTOH, the new guy that had been undercover is most welcome.

So... Alex takes a vial of the little girl's blood, while she's on the verge of bleeding out? I mean, I know why she did it, but it still made me LOL. Never change, Quantico. Never change.

Undercover guy is intriguing; here's hoping he gets to do more than be a side of the love-parallelogram they're going for. But really, I'm just here for Russell Tovey and all the snark-worthy plots.

On 5/1/2018 at 1:17 AM, doLLish said:

I had to stop watching during season 2 because all the time jumps and concurrent storylines were just too much. I heard there was a new showrunner so I tuned in, with lot of hope. I was pretty damn pleased. It was beautifully shot. I also was absolutely shocked the Shelby rescue was wrapped up within one episode. With the formation of this black ops team, it looks like the show is heading to some version of a case of the week format and I am so thankful. I agree with the poster who said the show may finally become what it should have been all along. 

Ditto your entire post! I read a quick recap of S2, since I don't think I even made it halfway through before bailing, and I'm hopeful for S3! I love the cast and really hope they get better material to work with. 

15 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Undercover guy is intriguing; here's hoping he gets to do more than be a side of the love-parallelogram they're going for. But really, I'm just here for Russell Tovey and all the snark-worthy plots.

Me too, @dargosmydaddy , me too.

On 5/4/2018 at 12:06 PM, AAEBoiler said:

Someone please put this show out of its misery and save me because my OCD is too strong for me to remove it from my DVR schedule and not see it through to the end.

The hair.  The hair.  It's calling you.  You can't resist...Abandon all hope.

On 5/6/2018 at 1:58 AM, Dowel Jones said:

The hair.  The hair.  It's calling you.  You can't resist...Abandon all hope.

I love that the new 60's-style animated opening sequence sums up the basic premise of the show so nicely:  people running, people kissing...and a luxurious ponytail flowing majestically behind the figure meant to represent our heroine.  Also, it's literally a CARTOON.

(edited)

There's no way an elite black-ops unit would have 2 trainees on it.

This made me laugh.  I like to imagine Marlee Matlin put up a sign up sheet on the bulletin board for people to sign up after class (saying something like "Ultra Secret, Totally Cool Black Ops Sign Up Here," and these were the only two who signed up. 

I like to think of the Quantico group as being like the Bad News Bears, except no one realizes they are on the worst team in the league.  

Edited by txhorns79

How can a cancelled show become controversial. Apparently the June 1 'The Blood Of Romeo' epi which was standard cliche terrorist fare ticked off a lot of people and they took as much anger out on the actors like Priyanka as they did writers, producers etc.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/abc-apology-quantico-episode/2018/06/08/id/865058/

It's a cancelled cliche tv drama watched by those in search of pretty people, not intriguing plots.

32 minutes ago, misstwpherecool said:

How can a cancelled show become controversial. Apparently the June 1 'The Blood Of Romeo' epi which was standard cliche terrorist fare ticked off a lot of people and they took as much anger out on the actors like Priyanka as they did writers, producers etc.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/abc-apology-quantico-episode/2018/06/08/id/865058/

It's a cancelled cliche tv drama watched by those in search of pretty people, not intriguing plots.

It's really sad that this is the most activity that this show has gotten since its cancellation.

The latest episode, Heaven's Fall, was really good, I thought.

The tempest in a teapot over the previous show 2 weeks ago makes for hilarious reading on IMDB, where Hindus have come en masse, clutching their pearls over how a TV show DARE to portray them as anything but innocent victims who would NEVER commit any crimes, no way, no how, and rating the episode a 1.0, lamenting their inability to give it a 0.

I had to look into the newsmax article just to refresh my memory of that episode.  That's how little of a lasting impression this show makes on me now.

At least Heaven's Fall was interesting at times.  Did they get someone to dub Jocelyn's pre-bombing lines, so that her speech would not be evident to Dante?

And, in keeping with Quantico's shopworn tactic of killing off one of the crew, it's "Bye, Felicia Celine"  We hardly knew ya.

4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

And, in keeping with Quantico's shopworn tactic of killing off one of the crew, it's "Bye, Felicia Celine"  We hardly knew ya.

Oh I forgot about her or that she was even on the team.

I knew Celine was a goner the instant the next week (well, two week) promos said some was going to die.

I was astonished they took the one dude's word at face value. Have they learned nothing?

1 hour ago, mertensia said:

I knew Celine was a goner the instant the next week (well, two week) promos said some was going to die.

I was astonished they took the one dude's word at face value. Have they learned nothing?

They never learn.

Amber Skye Noyes can't get a break. Her character was quickly killed off "Beauty and the Beast", and I had the distinct feeling she was going to be canon fodder here the second I layed eyes on her. Too bad, the girl is drop dead gorgeous with her fiery red hair. Would love to see her last on a show for once (even though this one was doomed already).

I didn't see the promos, but it was clear just from the title that this would probably be the episode she'd die. And from the get-go, it was clear that she would. No way they'd dare to go the surprise route and kill the Indian guy - not in the current climate.

Pardon my ignorance of matters deaf and hard of hearing, but why would a person with completely normal hearing and diction for the first 40 or 50 years of her life, almost immediately develop severely impaired speech upon abruptly losing her hearing?  Is the presumption that the character's vocal cords were also affected by the explosion?  I can't see why that would be the case.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:14 PM, sd dude said:

Pardon my ignorance of matters deaf and hard of hearing, but why would a person with completely normal hearing and diction for the first 40 or 50 years of her life, almost immediately develop severely impaired speech upon abruptly losing her hearing?  Is the presumption that the character's vocal cords were also affected by the explosion?  I can't see why that would be the case.

I wondered that too. 

Well, now.  Murder on the Northeast Orient Express, revisited.  That pistol looked like something that Wile E Coyote would order from Acme.  And only two bullets, too.  What happens if you switch carriers?  Can you hear me now? 

Gotta keep that train moving.  Never mind about the gunshot on the other side of the train.  All aboard!  What's that behind us?  The last car just exploded in flames?  Too bad, gotta make the schedule.  More steam!

Side plot.  Just who is pregnant?  Who cares?

This full employment thing in the country is having some effect.  Sure is hard hiring good help in the bad guy world.  These guys were just incompetent.

And, just like that, the task force is down another pointless character.

6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

And, just like that, the task force is down another pointless character.

Another expendable character gone after mourning another pointless character.

6 hours ago, mertensia said:

Who the Hell runs home to mom when you know an evildoer is after you?

A character dumb enough to put their family member in danger.

The actor playing the formerly undercover Texan (I think?) character whose name I can't be bothered to remember is terrible.  Every line is delivered with same apathetic flatness, and it's making me stabby.

I actually thought they were using some technical wizardry to give Jocelyn the character a voice when she went undercover since I find it completely unbelievable that a person in his/her late 40s would be able to become that proficient at ASL in three years.  Fluent, sure, but not to the completely intuitive degree that someone for whom it's a first language (like Marlee Matlin herself) would be, which is how Jocelyn has been speaking it since she's been on the show.  Whatever, this show is always ludicrous, so I shouldn't be surprised.

2 hours ago, mertensia said:

Like any of them should be raising a baby.

I'm not sure why they thought dropping in a baby plot in this type of show, but it's ending in a few episodes anyways.

18 hours ago, mertensia said:

Like any of them should be raising a baby.

"Honey, have you seen little Jackie?"

"I thought you were watching him.  Quick, set up a perimeter!  No time to wait for backup!"

I realize this train has dropped off the cliff in terms of viewership, but I thought I'd comment anyway on the Connor Devlin saga.

Okay, highly trained FBI agents, aka the Scooby Doofuses.  Think this through.  The bad guys are on one dock.  They can't have run too far.  It's not likely that they separated the two containers by much.  Maybe get some reinforcements (there's this agency known as the New York Police Department, you know), lock down the port, and bang on containers until someone responds.  Secondly, get some firearms training.  I seem to remember that being part of the Quantico training that you went through a few seasons back.  And, Alex? watch some tv cop shows sometime.  You might learn that you never ever get next to your prisoner until they are secured. That was so, so, so predictable.  At least her hair stayed put.

Also, let me guess.  Devlin will somehow manage to escape custody in Ireland.  Maybe they went off to film in Ireland and we'll get a travelogue to finish out the season.

(edited)

I like the show for sheer escapism, but things keep bothering me.

Like,I found it hard to believe that, apparently, no one in a  room full of highly trained agents from different countries and different agencies had ever heard of The Art of War. I'd think that'd be required reading in whatever training program you entered. Heck, most of my espionage knowledge comes from Jason Bourne University and NCIS:LA, and I know I'd have recognized and would be studying that book as soon as I found it in a suspect's cell.  And how many people on the Scooby team tried to tell Alex in so many words to that she was over invested? Yet, at the end of the episode, she seemed surprised about it. A bit of self-awareness on her part would be nice, even if she is the lead. 

Edited by rur

RE: S3 Ep 11 The Art of War I also came here to post about the ridiculous idea that "The Art of War" was some ancient text that no one had ever studied, simply read or even ever heard of. I also wanted to laugh about how someone obviously had time to buy and arrange new throw pillows after the hail of bullets. And how when you, as an agent, hear people yelling from inside a shipping container, the initial response would be to hurry and open the container - not to bang a few more times yelling "Maise? Maise is that you?" What if they answered, "No, sorry, there's no Maise here"? Would you have moved on? Then, on Owen's "no hospitals" conversation - if the covert hospital was option, why couldn't they go there immediately instead of having Deep operate in the loft? Speaking of Deep, why is he back? Didn't he basically make a dramatic and nasty exit. The quickness with which he jumped back into the fold was RIDICULOUS. This show. It's so bad. I can't stop watching. And I hate myself for it.

3 hours ago, marcee said:

RE: S3 Ep 11 The Art of War I also came here to post about the ridiculous idea that "The Art of War" was some ancient text that no one had ever studied, simply read or even ever heard of. I also wanted to laugh about how someone obviously had time to buy and arrange new throw pillows after the hail of bullets. And how when you, as an agent, hear people yelling from inside a shipping container, the initial response would be to hurry and open the container - not to bang a few more times yelling "Maise? Maise is that you?" What if they answered, "No, sorry, there's no Maise here"? Would you have moved on? Then, on Owen's "no hospitals" conversation - if the covert hospital was option, why couldn't they go there immediately instead of having Deep operate in the loft? Speaking of Deep, why is he back? Didn't he basically make a dramatic and nasty exit. The quickness with which he jumped back into the fold was RIDICULOUS. This show. It's so bad. I can't stop watching. And I hate myself for it.

Yeah, I was wondering why they didn't just open it right away, whether or not she's in there, there are still people stuck inside.

I thought tonight was the finale and it got to be about 8:45 and I was wondering how the heck they were going to wrap everything up !

The last couple of eps have been better, but it still pretty easy to see things coming. Devlin killing his brother- check. Alex's guy & kid from the start of the season captured & being held by Devlin- check. I will say that the guy playing Devlin makes a convincing villain. I'm not curious enough to go & look it up right now, but I think he played basically the same role ( the actor, I mean) on Criminal Minds a few season ago, he was after Prentiss because she had duped him when she was undercover in the CIA-- or something like that ! I think it's the same actor, he just has a mustache now.

4 minutes ago, willco said:

I thought tonight was the finale and it got to be about 8:45 and I was wondering how the heck they were going to wrap everything up !

The last couple of eps have been better, but it still pretty easy to see things coming. Devlin killing his brother- check. Alex's guy & kid from the start of the season captured & being held by Devlin- check. I will say that the guy playing Devlin makes a convincing villain. I'm not curious enough to go & look it up right now, but I think he played basically the same role ( the actor, I mean) on Criminal Minds a few season ago, he was after Prentiss because she had duped him when she was undercover in the CIA-- or something like that ! I think it's the same actor, he just has a mustache now.

Yeah, it definitely picked up in the last few episodes with this Devlin arc.

It hasn't dumped the silliness, though.  It's my understanding that MI-5 deals with the British homeland, while MI-6 takes on Britain's international intrigue.  In any case, wouldn't Ireland send their own operative instead of relying on MI-5?  That should have been Fiona's giveaway.  Then, someone explain to me how an aircraft with an open tailgate (like the C-130) can lose air pressure?  I presume the 130 crashed in an uninhabited area, killing no one on the ground and thereby avoiding any plot complications.  And then Owen, making a remarkable recovery from a gunshot to the chest, flies with the rest of the home crew over to Ireland with a ton of tactical gear, acquires a nifty command van, and, yet, says that no one knows they are there.  I did enjoy Alex in the hospital, rattling off the medical jargon like a pro.  Hey Alex, there's a job for you at Angels Memorial Hospital.  Oops, never mind.

I wanted Alex to just shoot Devlin in the warehouse, but, no, she has to be the good agent.  Like you haven't killed anyone today. That's one hella mess that someone has to clean up.  Where did all the high rollers go when the auction went south?

5 hours ago, willco said:

Alex's guy & kid from the start of the season

Thank you for that.  I had no idea who that was.

Well, that's that, then.  American Alex adopts Italian Isabella, moves in with Irish boyfriend.  Shouldn't be any problems with that, eh?

Let me get this straight.  Devlin was being extradited on warrants from Ireland, for crimes against the people of Ireland, as they said.  Yet, after escaping before arrival in Dublin (after murdering the pilot of the plane), this major criminal is allowed by the state of Ireland and the Dublin police to parade around in public, and there's no public outcry?  No one drags every one of those cops up before a judge to explain their actions?  Maybe it happened off camera. 

Note to Alex:  Find a new line of work, although you could be a consultant back at Quantico on "How Not to Do This Job." 

Best line of the night, from Alex: "I will have the FBI crawling all over Ireland rooting out your network (paraphrasing)".  The old crime boss should have looked at her and said "The FBI?  As in 'The American FBI'?  Let me tell you something, toots.  Driving on the left side of the road will be the least of their problems."

I bet Sun Tsu wishes they had copyright law when he was around.

Typical. Everyone gets paired off but poor Harry.

I made my father watch the last episode. Him: the FBI are in Ireland? Why? Why are you watching this drivel?

They are terrible deep cover agents if they can't hide their families better.

Well, that's that, then.  American Alex adopts Italian Isabella, moves in with Irish boyfriend.  Shouldn't be any problems with that, eh?

Thanks to the moron father who literally walked into the line of fire and made his daughter an orphan.

Let me get this straight.  Devlin was being extradited on warrants from Ireland, for crimes against the people of Ireland, as they said.  Yet, after escaping before arrival in Dublin (after murdering the pilot of the plane), this major criminal is allowed by the state of Ireland and the Dublin police to parade around in public, and there's no public outcry?  No one drags every one of those cops up before a judge to explain their actions?  Maybe it happened off camera. 

Considering the police literally allowed to walk into a funeral and literally nothing came from it, probably.

Typical. Everyone gets paired off but poor Harry.

Figures as much, his love interest didn't return this season and they didn't cast anyone else for him.

Edited by Free