Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: All Talk No Action

• Start Topic

Kathryn sure had her stink face on during the sit down with Ashley- but who could blame her! I can't believe what a turn around Kathryn has made so far this season! I hope it sticks! Interesting that per their agreement no significant others are to be introduced to the kids yet Thomas wasted no time in doing just that. Ashley is quite loathsome with her thirst to be attached to Thomas permanently. Speaking of, Craig needs to run far away from Naomie and not look back. She's got a tracker on his phone? I bet last night at 9:53pm Craig was checking his phone app and stomping around the house throwing shit- I would have been! 

I didn't like Peyton before and I still don't like her but Naomie can take several seats before she gets up in her face about her talking to Craig. And, yea, she has no right to give two fucks about JD and Elizabeth's marriage. Elizabeth will share what she wants when she wants but so what if she shows up to a party with JD in tow? It doesn't make Naomie look bad- everyone in Charleston can see what's going on there. Let it go. Being 21 is no excuse to have your hands all up in someone else's relationship. I knew better in high school! 

I did feel sorry for that poor waiter having to listen to the vibrator and sex talk. I mean could they not curb that discussion for two minutes so the poor guy could present the wine? Also, what's up with all these dining places that serve food on such short tables while you are sitting high up in a couch? That doesn't seem like a comfortable way to eat a meal. 

Cameron was pretty much MIA this week but she did have a fun scene with Michael. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Maybe the pants are too tight because he’s been wearing them for years and cycling through the laundry every day. In 5 seasons, I don’t think we’ve EVER seen Thomas without white pants or liquor in hand. I mean, I suppose we’ve seen him play polo so he needs to forego his white pants and bourbon while on horseback, but the drink’s in hand as soon as he hops off the horse and the white pants would be in any other scenes of the episode. It’s his signature look: drunk and white pants—throw in a skeevy smirk and you got classic T-Rav.

I stand corrected. I Google Image searched “Thomas Ravenel polo” and he even wears white pants when playing polo! If you want to play along at home—pretty hilarious to scroll through and see nothing but white pants. 

• Love 9

Its almost like NaOmi is become the Kathryn of seasons past.  Girl needs to relax.  Not sure why she is wound up so tight.  I really can't stand Ashley - her digs are obvious and she needs to be sent packing back to California so she can rejoin her pod with Landon 

• Love 11

Those rumors about TRav being well hung were disproved twice on this episode. Tight jeans, no skivvies = clear profile of P-rav.....?

I hope Katherine got her act together for those babies, but something seems off. Her apartment did not look kid friendly at all. Does she keep them locked in their rooms ?! Katherine’s fingernails were filthy and ragged. Her sideways looks at cocktails being served to the girls was worrisome. 

Craig and Naomi will regret filming their messy breakup. Not a good look for either of them. If I had to choose teams I am Team Craig for sure. Naomi is a control freak with a side of nasty. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I hope Katherine got her act together for those babies, but something seems off. Her apartment did not look kid friendly at all. Does she keep them locked in their rooms ?! Katherine’s fingernails were filthy and ragged. Her sideways looks at cocktails being served to the girls was worrisome. 

I noticed (actually my husband pointed it out) her fingernails.....wth?  Also her phone screen is cracked....I would think she is paid well enough and should have enough money to have these things fixed.  Especially on camera.  I also agree something seems off with her.    

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, AnnieHeights said:

Also her phone screen is cracked....I would think she is paid well enough and should have enough money to have these things fixed.  Especially on camera.  I also agree something seems off with her.    

That phone was beat to hell! WTF? 

Craig had some legit points with Naomi. He finished law school. He passed the BAR, he has invested in some real estate. He's using his BRAVO money wisely. What is her beef? That he doesn't wake up at 7am every morning to go to a 9 to 5 job that he hates? Sleeping in could get old, but the guy is 29. I have a feeling he will snap out of his laziness. Just not with Naomi by his side. 

Are we to believe that JD and TRAV go out with Shep, Craig and Austin to party? Not on your life. That was so fake. I did love the shade Craig and Austin were throwing about TRAV's "different generation" pick up techniques in their TH's. He seems sooooo old next to those guys. Oh and JD, stop pushing your Gentry bourbon every time you order a drink.

Is there anything authentic about this show anymore?

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, AnnieHeights said:

I noticed (actually my husband pointed it out) her fingernails.....wth?  Also her phone screen is cracked....I would think she is paid well enough and should have enough money to have these things fixed.  Especially on camera.  I also agree something seems off with her.    

Am I the only one who's noticed the radical bruises on Katherine's left arm? It might have been in a scene last week, I cant remember, but she was talking to someone in her home I think, and she had this crazy bruising on the inside of her left elbow, which left me wondering, how the hell did that get there?! I'd like to believe she's 100% changed but once an addict...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mountainair said:

I did feel sorry for that poor waiter having to listen to the vibrator and sex talk.

As a person who waited tables through college - we love having crazy talk at the tables so we can laugh about it in the back.  Patrons will get a nickname like the girls will now be known as "the vibrator girls".

53 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Are we to believe that JD and TRAV go out with Shep, Craig and Austin to party? Not on your life. That was so fake. I did love the shade Craig and Austin were throwing about TRAV's "different generation" pick up techniques in their TH's. He seems sooooo old next to those guys. Oh and JD, stop pushing your Gentry bourbon every time you order a drink.

I thought the exact same thing.  If you really want to introduce Craig to girls then why would you bring the old farts?  I loved how the younger guys were talking about how the old farts style is way off base.

1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Those rumors about TRav being well hung were disproved twice on this episode.

It is my understanding that those that say they are well hung aren't.

From the previews for next week it looks like Naomi is getting all psycho again.  Joel McHale did a clip on her on his show.  There is no pleasing her and yet she still is all cray-cray on Craig.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Does anyone else wonder if Gentry is actually something people order in the south or if they just order it to promote it? I personally wouldn't give a dime to JD if I could avoid it. How does anyone find him attractive? I guess I could ask the same of Captain White Jeans. 

No, we do not order that.  I don't know one person in my life that orders Gentry.  I kind of liked Naomi making fun of it at Shep's birthday party when she rolled her eyes and said something like, "Oh, God. Gentry." for that very reason.  Total promotion on JD's part.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Craig had some legit points with Naomi. He finished law school. He passed the BAR, he has invested in some real estate. He's using his BRAVO money wisely. What is her beef? That he doesn't wake up at 7am every morning to go to a 9 to 5 job that he hates? Sleeping in could get old, but the guy is 29. I have a feeling he will snap out of his laziness. Just not with Naomi by his side. 

I agree, is it just Naomi is jealous that he doesn't have to work a 9-5 job currently ?  I mean I have been jealous of hubby getting to sleep in when I have to get up and go to work.

I wish I could live like Craig ( well not with the camera's ) but to be able to have enough money from rental properties to dabble in sewing or whatever I wanted during the day

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Am I the only one who's noticed the radical bruises on Katherine's left arm? It might have been in a scene last week, I cant remember, but she was talking to someone in her home I think, and she had this crazy bruising on the inside of her left elbow, which left me wondering, how the hell did that get there?! I'd like to believe she's 100% changed but once an addict...

She said it was from having to be drug tested..... 

• Love 2

My husband said the same thing about the nails and I didn’t notice.  I told him it was not that long ago when my nails were chewed down to the quick, so I can’t be too judgey.  If I were on tv though....

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Katherine’s fingernails were filthy and ragged. Her sideways looks at cocktails being served to the girls was worrisome. 

She chews her nails. It was shown when she was sitting on her outdoor deck. 

Shep talking about Austin “I get them to the base and he knocks them in”. Also what was with Shep wearing his ballcap inside the restaurant? I also saw another man in the background wearing a red one. I thought Southern men would know better...I’m looking at you Shep. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, lampwick said:

My husband said the same thing about the nails and I didn’t notice.  I told him it was not that long ago when my nails were chewed down to the quick, so I can’t be too judgey.  If I were on tv though....

I think it was more that they were dirty.....I get some folks are nail biters, it was the fact they looked nasty.    

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Thanks!  That's the first thing I thought of, too.  Dude, the only "countrywide" part of the test is the "multi-state" portion of the exam, and I don't think people have rankings becaues I'm pretty sure bar exams are given in different states on different days.  It's not like the national SAT day or anything like that.

Which begs the question --- have we VERIFIED that he took the bar exam?

Oh Craig, bless your pretty little head. He's so unfamiliar with the bar that hey misunderstood the pass/fail rate to be his ranking. Sigh.

Most likely what he is referring to as his "ranking" is the statistic that 93% of the people who take the bar in that particular state pass. There is no ranking of bar exams and at least in Massachusetts, you do not know even what your score is unless you fail.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, dosodog said:

Oh yes!  Michael the Butler!

I need a friend who is willing to lend me their butler.  My feet need rubbing and I have really high ceilings with cobwebs. 

And!  In the era if #metoo, I don't think that it was cute, clever or okay to continue a conversation about vibrators in front of the waiter.  I just don't. 

The women are quickly revealing themselves to be very much like the men.

I haven't watched yet but yeah, I agree.  I LOATHE it when on other reality shows women do it.  RHOC has been notoriously bad.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, AnnieHeights said:

I think it was more that they were dirty.....I get some folks are nail biters, it was the fact they looked nasty.    

Oh... I didn’t see them, and my husband didn’t correct me.  He thinks these shows are stupid, but we both love the jazzy music in between takes.  I would buy the soundtrack to this show...maybe it exists.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mountainair said:

Kathryn sure had her stink face on during the sit down with Ashley- but who could blame her! I can't believe what a turn around Kathryn has made so far this season! I hope it sticks! Interesting that per their agreement no significant others are to be introduced to the kids yet Thomas wasted no time in doing just that. Ashley is quite loathsome with her thirst to be attached to Thomas permanently. Speaking of, Craig needs to run far away from Naomie and not look back. She's got a tracker on his phone? I bet last night at 9:53pm Craig was checking his phone app and stomping around the house throwing shit- I would have been! 

I didn't like Peyton before and I still don't like her but Naomie can take several seats before she gets up in her face about her talking to Craig. And, yea, she has no right to give two fucks about JD and Elizabeth's marriage. Elizabeth will share what she wants when she wants but so what if she shows up to a party with JD in tow? It doesn't make Naomie look bad- everyone in Charleston can see what's going on there. Let it go. Being 21 is no excuse to have your hands all up in someone else's relationship. I knew better in high school! 

I did feel sorry for that poor waiter having to listen to the vibrator and sex talk. I mean could they not curb that discussion for two minutes so the poor guy could present the wine? Also, what's up with all these dining places that serve food on such short tables while you are sitting high up in a couch? That doesn't seem like a comfortable way to eat a meal. 

Cameron was pretty much MIA this week but she did have a fun scene with Michael. 

My guess is he knows she cannot afford to take him back to court over that so he just doesn't care.  I think it is reckless to introduce kids to people you are just dating until it becomes clear that they are a keeper.  

Naomi has lost her damn mind.  She has pretty much taken out a billboard that says she is a crazy stalker.  Who wants any of that???

4 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I have to say, Craig won major points from me for saying he didn't want to go out looking for other girls as long as there was still a possibility of him and Naomie getting back together. For all his faults, he at least doesn't seem like the rest of the man whores on this show. He seems to legitimately want to be settled down and not out prowling for women all the time, which I appreciate. I'm so used to seeing Craig be a jerk, this was a nice change of pace.

As for Naomie, her age is definitely showing. If you don't want Craig, fine, let him go. Don't keep stalking him and threatening other women about him, it's misleading. No wonder Craig keeps thinking they'll get back together.

As for Austen, he really does have a thing for Shep's sloppy seconds though I guess in Charleston you'd be hard-pressed to find a woman who hasn't slept with Shep. 

Does anyone else wonder if Gentry is actually something people order in the south or if they just order it to promote it? I personally wouldn't give a dime to JD if I could avoid it. How does anyone find him attractive? I guess I could ask the same of Captain White Jeans. 

I am loving this description!

Is it me or does Craig sound like he is on some sort of pills?  He is always slurring his words and seems off.  If this is some sort of affectation he needs to see someone about it.  If I were looking for an atty I would want one that sounds sober.  My husband watched with me the Shep party ep and commented he thought Craig was totally playing Naomi. 

• Love 6

There is no way that Naomi and Craig are ever going to work. He triggers something in her that just makes her angry. Also, despite passing the bar, I highly doubt Craig is going to pursue a law career at this point.  When will he start? Who would take him on? It just seems that he's been sidetracked from the law at a critical point in his career by realityTv-itis; and who's to say he wouldn't have better prospects investing in real estate long term? 

Anyway, thought Ashley looked heavy in her sundress at the lunch with Katherine; her "physicality" seems so different than Katherine's. The scene with Thomas and Ashley was cringe-worthy. He looks over her already. I know they're still together, but ... And wow. Her story of packing up and leaving to come to Charleston so fast was pathetic. Have some respect for yourself, girl.

The opening scene with Cameran and Michael was a hoot. I love Cameran; I'm highly entertained by her relaxed approach to impending motherhood. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I so wanted to join the Bitter Betty girl slumber party! Their suite was gorgeous and it’d be fun to go get drunk and talk shit with those lovely ladies. Made me a bit sad to look at such beautiful women whining about such pathetic dudes; Chucktown is apparently an abysmal place to date if you’re a female over 25.

My three friends who have lived there for 20 years+, since they were in their mid to late 20s, say it is indeed an abysmal place to meet good guys. They're well-educated, more than average attractive, have good jobs, are fun and friendly and have had a terrible time meeting guys who aren't heavy drinkers, underemployed, or just not mature enough for a healthy relationship. Too many women, especially young ones who will go home with a "Shep" at 3 a.m., and too few quality men. Only one of the three is married, and all three are moving away from Charleston this year.

5 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Thanks!  That's the first thing I thought of, too.  Dude, the only "countrywide" part of the test is the "multi-state" portion of the exam, and I don't think people have rankings becaues I'm pretty sure bar exams are given in different states on different days.  It's not like the national SAT day or anything like that. 

Which begs the question --- have we VERIFIED that he took the bar exam?

Yes, he is listed as passing the bar on the SC state bar website.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3

Naomi is an opportunist. She contacted Craig after he was on the show after she wouldn't give him the time of day. Also Season 1 Craig was not a good look for him. Then in this episode she contacted him to meet after filming starts.  I was bored and did an ig stalking on her last year. She had pictures of her dress as a Mexican for Halloween with the sombrero, poncho, and mustache. She's your typical privilege brats who lives in a bubble and wants to control everything. 

• Love 7

The biggest thing that I think Craig is lacking is a work ethic. Perhaps for sewing or something else that is no pressure but he doesn’t seem diligent. I think the major reason that he did study enough to pass the bar is because he was shamed into it. On national tv. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, seasquared said:

Oh Craig, bless your pretty little head. He's so unfamiliar with the bar that hey misunderstood the pass/fail rate to be his ranking. Sigh.

Most likely what he is referring to as his "ranking" is the statistic that 93% of the people who take the bar in that particular state pass. There is no ranking of bar exams and at least in Massachusetts, you do not know even what your score is unless you fail.

It's the same in California - you only know your score if you fail. If you pass, all you know is you passed. For a minute, I was like, "is he talking about the LSAT?" because that does tell you your percentile. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

Someone told me that Katherine could never even get half custody because she was in rehab for both drugs and alcohol.  They said visitation only.  Could that be true?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Someone told me that Katherine could never even get half custody because she was in rehab for both drugs and alcohol.  They said visitation only.  Could that be true?

The only reason that this might be true in this particular case is because the other parent is Thomas, a prominent, wealthy, childish, petty, and vindictive individual. And I believe Kathryn only failed on drugs.

But pro forma or as a matter of course that all parents who have been in rehab for drugs and alcohol are denied custody, I don't believe that's true. A strict denial of custody actually works counter to public policy. If we as a society want parents with drug and alcohol issues to get treatment so that they can be better parents, by denying them custody after they get treatment we disincentivize them getting treatment. It's better for them to never get treatment so that they never lose custody.

I have never practiced family law and only learned enough family law to pass the bar. It's possible your friend knows that parents with polysubstance abuse issues have an uphill battle in trying to regain even partial custody. I'm pretty sure there isn't a formal law, rule, case, or policy that categorically denies Kathryn from ever regaining custody.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

Kathryn also looked sloppy as all get out when meeting Ashley.  The idea of throwing a perfectly nice comforter/bed spread on the floor and then walking on it with one's shoes on shows a certain lack of respect.  Chelsea was the appropriate one commenting how she would be sitting on the furniture that was provided in the room rental.  

Kathryn also misrepresented what was in the agreement/order.  The order is about a significant other must have been around the children for three months before they can left alone with the children.  Kathryn wanted there to be restrictions and no dating and Thomas would not agree. 

Kathryn and the rest of the cast commenting on people moving across the country-it is called a job and people will move for a job.  Neither Ashley or Payton have children or anything else keeping them tied to California.  Much like Landon who moved from SoCal to Charleston-she had work.

A little sane Kathryn goes a long ways.  I am kind of tired of the world needing to throw her a parade because she didn't misbehave.  Other than liking Thomas, is there anything wrong with Ashley?  She seems okay.  They are still together and it has been a year.  I don't see the downside of Thomas having her in his life.  I am sure Kathryn is anxious for the Reunion to film so she can get with Thomas again-or claim to.

3 hours ago, seasquared said:

Maybe Craig is talking about the professional responsibilities portion of the test which is national.  http://www.ncbex.org/exams/mpre/

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The only reason that this might be true in this particular case is because the other parent is Thomas, a prominent, wealthy, childish, petty, and vindictive individual. And I believe Kathryn only failed on drugs.

But pro forma or as a matter of course that all parents who have been in rehab for drugs and alcohol are denied custody, I don't believe that's true. A strict denial of custody actually works counter to public policy. If we as a society want parents with drug and alcohol issues to get treatment so that they can be better parents, by denying them custody after they get treatment we disincentivize them getting treatment. It's better for them to never get treatment so that they never lose custody.

I have never practiced family law and only learned enough family law to pass the bar. It's possible your friend knows that parents with polysubstance abuse issues have an uphill battle in trying to regain even partial custody. I'm pretty sure there isn't a formal law, rule, case, or policy that categorically denies Kathryn from ever regaining custody.

South Carolina an unmarried woman/mother has 100% rights to custody and visitation to the child/children. SHe gets to say when and if the father ever sees the child unless she has issues that warrant custody is not in the best interest of the child. Over a period of time Kathryn withheld visitation for a period of several months trying to get a property settlement from Thomas-something that has nothing to do with visitation or custody.  The turning point was repeated proven instances of Kathryn abuses illegal drugs and of course the condition of Saint at birth and subsequent issues. 

Kathryn and Thomas' custody and visitation agreement was in a step formula and if the calendar is correct Kathryn should be enjoying 50/50 custody by now.  As long as Kathryn is pulling down six figures from this show I think she is happy with the custody arrangement.  The moment she is fired or the show is cancelled Kathryn will be back in court.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

If Craig was my EX boyfriend I would be a PEG too...

But seriously, how great was it to see Kathryn hanging out with the girls? I really want her to succeed, she has her whole life in front of her, so much time to drink wine responsibly etc. She is starting to grow up, and she´s already far ahead of Thomas.

Ashley (TRav´s girlfriend) looks like a mesh-up of all the regular girls, with an extra heavy dose of Landon. Not saying it because I don´t like her, she actually seems okay.

This episode made me like almost everybody. Still hate JD though (and I doubt that will ever change).

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 8

Does anyone know what Naomie does, besides this show and hang out with VPR people?  Did she finish her MBA?  Does she have a regular 9 to 5?  Does she work for her parents?  I've never seen her actually do any work, other than performatively flouncing in "exhausted" from her MBA studies.  (I'm know there's work to an MBA program, but everyone I know who did one, did it at night after their regular lawyer/executive jobs, not as a stand alone pursuit.  Not that it can't be done as a stand alone pursuit, obviously, but there would have to be some work component/internship/etc. to make sense.)

• Love 4

I know a couple of guys like Craig: handsome, smart, charming...lazy. Two of them married extremely wealthy socialites. I'm just saying...they spend their days dabbling in things that interest them, serving on the occasional board, and golf, boating, etc.  Naomie was Baby Socialite Craig's first attempt at landing this type of deal. He'll get better at it.

I had forgotten that Kathryn withheld the children for months while she tried to wrangle money from Thomas.  She seems disheveled and disorganized (that apartment, the dirty fingernails. the phone, the raggedy outfits) and I think it's best for now if the children have limited visitation with her, kind of like play dates. It's so easy for addicts in rehab to fall off the wagon until they have several years of sobriety.

I'm not sure Kathryn will ever give up her dream of a wealthy husband who affords her a lavish carefree life. I don't see her as wanting to be a full time mother. The South is littered with women like her. I grew up with girls whose mamas pushed them towards local scions from a very early age. (Tinsley Mortimer on RHoNY is one of these.)

Long game: Kathryn eventually finds someone else and leaves Thomas and the children behind...or she waits out Thomas and ends up with him years down the road.

I wonder if Thomas' father has threatened to withhold an inheritance as long as Thomas trashes the family name by being with Kathryn.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Yes he is!  I think he is very handsome.  I love a rugged, weathered man.

So do I. I was crushing a little on him. :) It was refreshing to see a different kind of older man than Thomas's brand.

Speaking of Thomas, he didn't look too pleased at Kathryn's "cor-djee-ality." Last thing he wants, besides another out of wedlock child, is his ex and current girlfriends getting along.

I hope Kathryn stays calm and doesn't let him rile her up. Every time she's had a problem with someone Thomas has been sniffing around, I wanted her to realize how disassociative that is--he's the common denominator, not whatever sap he picks up.

About her phone--it seems to have been grievously cracked since the start of this season. Perhaps she just doesn't want to replace it yet, or is on a strict budget or something. 

Ashley's an odd duck, but it's amusing how she keeps poking the bear with all those Thomas trigger words and phrases like "golddigger" and "baby mama." The look of distasteful alarm on his crumpled devil face was delightful. 

Peyton...*eyeroll* It would be nice if Shep didn't consider the women in his life as his property forever and ever. He didn't want her! Why can't Austen hang out with her? Arrgh!

I agree with the poster upthread who said Craig looked handsome in some of the scenes--I didn't want to think he did, but he did. I do think his approach to life wouldn't mesh with me either; he seems to move at a glacial pace in comparison. So he'll get things done, just several years after he says he will.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

Speaking of Thomas, he didn't look too pleased at Kathryn's "cor-djee-ality." Last thing he wants, besides another out of wedlock child, is his ex and current girlfriends getting along.

Thomas is a Narcissist.  Narcissists thrive on Triangulation:  one female against another.  When Thomas first brought Ashley around, you could see him smirking in delight as Kathryn got upset and uncomfortable.  But Kathryn and Ashley getting along?  That doesn't work well in Triangulation.  

Mark my words:  Thomas will stir something up to get some hatin' going on between those two, so that he can sit back and revel in their competition for his attention.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

So do I. I was crushing a little on him. :) It was refreshing to see a different kind of older man than Thomas's brand.

Me too!  Loved his clothes his smooth ways and his love for his kid.

21 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

About her phone--it seems to have been grievously cracked since the start of this season. Perhaps she just doesn't want to replace it yet, or is on a strict budget or something. 

I was discussing this with my sister and she said if she were on a show she would have 2 phones, 1 for the show and her personal phone.  Makes sense if you are on a "cast" and really don't want everyone to know your real phone number.  Interesting thought.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Emkat said:

I know of a very attractive and smart young female (think very advanced degree) professional who recently relocated to Charleston.

She could not get out of there fast enough. Despite living in and practicing her profession literally all over the world with no issues whatsoever; she could not make things work in that town.

That tells me all I need to know about Charleston and the people who live there. Seems like a very toxic environment for young people. 

I'd like to hear more about what happened to your friend.  What did she find toxic about Charleston as opposed to other cities in the US?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Interesting .. Thanks.  Knowing Thomas, I'm sure he'll try to keep those kids with full custody.  Katherine will have a tough road ahead for a long time I imagine.

23 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Naomie is a psycho. A) She’s just a bitch and so condescending and B) she wants nothing to do with Craig yet...she stalks him?? Weirdo. With BIG issues. 

Instead of berating Craig for not meeting her expectations, she should distance herself and look for someone who is more her type. It seems to me that she wants an ambitious, driven, money-hungry workaholic. Perhaps a lawyer on track to be partner? If she does end up with someone like that, it's only a matter of time before she complains he isn't home enough, doesn't pay attention to her, is insensitive to her feelings, etc. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
Pasdetrois beat me to it!
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

Thomas is a Narcissist.  Narcissists thrive on Triangulation:  one female against another.  When Thomas first brought Ashley around, you could see him smirking in delight as Kathryn got upset and uncomfortable.  But Kathryn and Ashley getting along?  That doesn't work well in Triangulation.  

Mark my words:  Thomas will stir something up to get some hatin' going on between those two, so that he can sit back and revel in their competition for his attention.

I 100% agree. He was quick to change the subject and hated hearing it was amicable.

Ive always semi tolerated Thomas but I’ve changed this season. His “laugh” with his cocktail with JD kind of made me sick. I can’t explain why but maybe it was the first time I removed all false hope and saw- this is an asshole. 

I have no sympathy for Ashley and am certain her 15 minutes and that I’m typing about her alone is all she really cares about. She doesn’t care about Thomas- there is negative chemistry there. 

What sucked for me and the Craig and Naomie talk was that Craig was wanting her back. When they previewed that last week I didn’t realize that was the context. I’m not sure who has deemed a 9-5 is the ultimate but the whole thing is exhausting to watch. I have that job (but longer hours) and that has no insight to what I’m like. Either like him or leave him- but please stop berating him  Hes an ex  And he’s so hot  

Edited by KnoxForPres
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Does anyone know what Naomie does, besides this show and hang out with VPR people?  Did she finish her MBA?  Does she have a regular 9 to 5?  Does she work for her parents?  I've never seen her actually do any work, other than performatively flouncing in "exhausted" from her MBA studies.  (I'm know there's work to an MBA program, but everyone I know who did one, did it at night after their regular lawyer/executive jobs, not as a stand alone pursuit.  Not that it can't be done as a stand alone pursuit, obviously, but there would have to be some work component/internship/etc. to make sense.)

Naomie got her master's degree not an MBA and she is working on forming her own company but doesn't want to discuss it and have it fail.  Essentially she is doing exactly what Craig is doing living off Southern Charm money while trying to put together some sort of business idea.  Add Austin to the list as well.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I wonder if Thomas' father has threatened to withhold an inheritance as long as Thomas trashes the family name by being with Kathryn.

I'm of the opinion that Thomas and his father do a fine job of that, without any consideration of Kathryn.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Instead of berating Craig for not meeting her expectations, she should distance herself and look for someone who is more her type. It seems to me that she wants an ambitious, driven, money-hungry workaholic. Perhaps a lawyer on track to be partner? If she does end up with someone like that, it's only a matter of time before she complains he isn't home enough, doesn't pay attention to her, is insensitive to her feelings, etc. 

What she wants is Craig.  Craig with a good job.  Handsome, well paid, malleable Craig.  She wants those 3 years to not have been wasted.  Cry me a river N'omi.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Naomie got her master's degree not an MBA and she is working on forming her own company but doesn't want to discuss it and have it fail.  Essentially she is doing exactly what Craig is doing living off Southern Charm money while trying to put together some sort of business idea.  Add Austin to the list as well.

Its a xlothing line, she Instastories about it frequently. Website is set to go live in May. She also helped open Nico amd another restaurant.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Its a xlothing line, she Instastories about it frequently. Website is set to go live in May. She also helped open Nico amd another restaurant.

Thanks for the update-I was going from an interview a couple of weeks ago-smart move to launch while the show is airing.  She said she didn't walk to disclose and have her business suffer the same fate as Landon's.

Naomie helped open a restaurants-I am presuming it was PR or media stuff.  Does Naomie work for a marketing firm or does she have one of her own?  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

What was her field of study for the master’s degree? 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

What was her field of study for the master’s degree? 

Her degree was an MBA. Here is a recent interview where she mentioned she graduated in July from the MBA program.

The restaurant is coowned with her parents and they filmed the opening, its the last thing Cam filmed before the baby, so there might be more details on the show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Her degree was an MBA. Here is a recent interview where she mentioned she graduated in July from the MBA program.

The restaurant is coowned with her parents and they filmed the opening, its the last thing Cam filmed before the baby, so there might be more details on the show.

Oh glad to hear she was able to get an MBA in such a short period of time.  THat final tour of Europe must have been exhausting for her.

Naomie's parents co-owning it kind of goes to what got us down this tit for tat.  Naomie is dependent on her parents for many things and yet she rides Craig's ass.  Maybe Craig wanted to be paid for his passive endorsement of the restaurant or just wasn't interested in promoting.  I am always curious when Naomie claims Craig misses meetings.  What kind of meetings could Craig be missing?

Naomie wasn't able to nose her way into a full time slot on the show even with location giveaways.  I noticed the little genius is now backpedaling, rethinking her genius PR move of constant castration and annihilation of Craig.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/southern-charms-naomie-olindo-wants-to-clear-some-things-up-about-her-breakup-with  Oh well pooh-pooh she can always hang out with quality people like Kathryn Dennis.

By Season 6 there is going to be a thinning of the herd.  Will Payton and the other Shep rejects be making their way to Charleston?  Only so many spots for the raging single females.  Apparently Chelsea can hold her own and Kathryn is in for as long as Thomas is on the show.  

• Love 5