Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: All Talk No Action

• Start Topic

Kathryn is so much prettier with less makeup on.

Naomie - girl, I’ve been on your side but you are losing me.  If you are done with Craig, then be done.  That phone stalking is not right.

Craig, sweetie, I’m proud you finally took the bar but it’s a statewide test.  You didn’t score top 93% in the country.

• Love 22

I got a real giggle when Cameron was talking to Michael (Patricia’s Butler) about baby food. She is insistent that she is not going to make it, that she’ll buy it in a can or a jar. He’s telling her how easy it is and people with money either make it themselves or have their chef do it. Lol...other than formula I’ve never seen baby food in a can. It’s obvious that she’s still figuring things out but oh how so cutely. 

• Love 11

I couldn't stand Peyton on the Shep dating show, and this season Naomie is getting on my nerves, but I gotta say, I'm loving that it looks like Naomie is about to tear Peyton a new one next week. 

Why is it that Danni seems older than her probable age? 

• Love 7

Very interesting from a "step back and observe" viewpoint to watch the women's vs. the men's night out.  The women are all ""strong" and "hmmmm" ... The guys are all "movin' on."

I like Kathryn's dual-colored hair.  Not for me, at 60, but I think it is fun and funky for her!

• Love 16

Oh yes!  Michael the Butler!

I need a friend who is willing to lend me their butler.  My feet need rubbing and I have really high ceilings with cobwebs. 

And!  In the era if #metoo, I don't think that it was cute, clever or okay to continue a conversation about vibrators in front of the waiter.  I just don't. 

The women are quickly revealing themselves to be very much like the men.

• Love 20

Wow, this was a doozy. I loved it!!

Craig sure got a big smile when Whitney told him he looked hot. And then he kept looking at Whitney. Hmm. 

Naomie is a psycho. A) She’s just a bitch and so condescending and B) she wants nothing to do with Craig yet...she stalks him?? Weirdo. With BIG issues. 

Thomas is SO over Ashley. 

Chelsea’s dad is cool! 

Payton?! Just NO. She is awful. I couldn’t stand her on Shep’s show. She is pretty but hardened/rough around the edges. No thanks. 

This show tries too hard, moving Payton to Charleston and now of COURSE Austen goes for her. Bo-ring. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Thomas on the prowl is just disturbing.

I thought that the white slacks that he wore when he went to meet JD were a bit too tight. I think he must think that he’s all that and then some. Pretty much every scene we saw him in he was drinking bourbon. Kathryn was correct. There does seem to be a double standard. She better get used to her baby daddy’s revolving door. I think Ashley scared him off with all her marriage and baby talk. Time will tell (it is my belief that even if he stays with her he’ll still be out there being a manho) 

• Love 13

Chel(t)sie and her dad do seem to have a good vibe, but I couldn't help but think her mom got a  bad impression from Chel(t)sie because Mom was the main caregiver and had to be the disciplinarian.  Dad got to be the "fun" dad. 

• Love 18
Just now, Thumper said:

Chel(t)sie and her dad do seem to have a good vibe, but I couldn't help but think her mom got a  bad impression from Chel(t)sie because Mom was the main caregiver and had to be the disciplinarian.  Dad got to be the "fun" dad. 

Yes, so true!!

Danni seems older because she’s very serious/no nonsense. I noticed it the first season. Not very light hearted. 

• Love 3

I was so proud of Kathryn for being mature and not giving into the big scene we all know Ashley was hoping for. I just wish I hadn't seen the season-opening flash forward showing them arguing with each other. Kathryn, you're better than Thomas and his sad, fame-hungry girlfriend (who isn't much when she doesn't have her make-up spackled on). Stay strong. (And I know--you could easily make the case that Kathryn once was that same fame-hungry girl, but I give her more leeway because she was only 21 at the time. Ashley's what, 32? She should know better by now.) 

Speaking of age, I don't think I realized how truly young Naomie still is until this season. She is going to be so embarrassed about her behavior someday, if she isn't already. I hope she and Craig truly do stay apart, because it isn't entertaining to watch them fight and they're both a lot more likable separately. I do hope Craig gets a scene with Gizmo at some point, though. 

Also, the pairing of Cameran and Michael the butler was an unexpected highlight. What an odd man. 

• Love 16

Kathryn, good for you for the lunch with Ashley. You made your points well without going off and were engaged in full on adult woman to woman conversation. Also, good on you for explaining the email  you sent tomThomas asking for her number and for what purpose so that he could't claim you were stalking either him or his new lady or trying to cause any problems.

Loved Ashley shading Thomas about "mug shots" and to basically lay off of the mother of his children.

Can someone please clone Michael so that we all can have him in our homes!

• Love 12

Well, Craig looked amazingly hot this episode.  Is he wearing his hair a bit differently or has he cut back on product?  I don't know....but I did want to reach into the tv and brush the right side back when he and Naomie had their conversation. 

Speaking of Naomie...what does she want?  Oh yeah, she wants control.  Girl, if you're over him, why are you tracking him?  Yep, you are crazy ex girlfriend.

I kind of liked Payton of Relationshep.  It's kind of fun to see her on the show.  I think she's playing both Shep and Austen.  Good for her because both of them deserve to be played.  Wait.  Naomie, you're over Craig but you get mad at her because you think she's going after Craig and think she's hungry?  Naomie, you're coming across pretty hungry yourself.

Congrats to Kathryn and her meeting with Ashley.  You did good.

I want to burn TRav's white pants.  And sorry boys, TRav and JD exist in another era that is long gone.

I did like Chelsea and her dad.  Fishing....with the dog.

Yep, I'd love to have Michael for a week.  Not to rub my feet but get me better organized.  Interesting that Cam says her husband won't rub her feet.  Well, ok, I'm not a foot person either. This is making me think of Yolanda...RHBH will understand.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Loved Ashley shading Thomas about "mug shots

That was funny and awesome when she held the gold digger one up and proclaimed that was the one she was going to use. Thomas telling her that he wasn’t sure if she should go speaks to his controlling manipulative ways. Keep her in the house and she’ll give you no problems. (Referring to the barefoot and pregnant cliche) I left out the pregnant because I seriously don’t think that he’s ready for more. 

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That was funny and awesome when she held the gold digger one up and proclaimed that was the one she was going to use. Thomas telling her that he wasn’t sure if she should go speaks to his controlling manipulative ways. Keep her in the house and she’ll give you no problems. (Referring to the barefoot and pregnant cliche) I left out the pregnant because I seriously don’t think that he’s ready for more. 

Yep, that is exactly what he did to Kathryn. Moved her out to the middle of nowhere to keep her under his thumb so he could step out in the city as he pleased. Remember the salmon and aspagus dinner she prepared, she was really trying and he was so dismissive to her.

I am really starting to see Kathryns side of their totally stilted relationship. Heck she was 21 or thereabouts and what a bunch of crap to deal with at such a young age (anyone else remember what it was like to be 21? High hopes and no actual life experiences yet.), throw a  predatory man in the mix professing to give you the world so that you will give his old ass some heirs and good lord look out.

Edited by mbaywife123
Additional comment added
  • Love 24

I know of a very attractive and smart young female (think very advanced degree) professional who recently relocated to Charleston.

She could not get out of there fast enough. Despite living in and practicing her profession literally all over the world with no issues whatsoever; she could not make things work in that town.

That tells me all I need to know about Charleston and the people who live there. Seems like a very toxic environment for young people. 

• Love 5

This episode reminded me that Patricia never compared herself to Kathryn it was Cooper trying to become a regular so got an Uber to trek out to Moncks Corner to have a beverage with Kathryn that made the comparison. Leading to Patricia austerizing him and Kathryn and him getting into a fight on Twitter that led to his second, perhaps third suspension of his account. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

Thomas on the prowl is just disturbing.

5 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Wow, this was a doozy. I loved it!!

Craig sure got a big smile when Whitney told him he looked hot. And then he kept looking at Whitney. Hmm. 

Naomie is a psycho. A) She’s just a bitch and so condescending and B) she wants nothing to do with Craig yet...she stalks him?? Weirdo. With BIG issues. 

Thomas is SO over Ashley. 

Chelsea’s dad is cool! 

Payton?! Just NO. She is awful. I couldn’t stand her on Shep’s show. She is pretty but hardened/rough around the edges. No thanks. 

This show tries too hard, moving Payton to Charleston and now of COURSE Austen goes for her. Bo-ring. 

Yeah, I've become so jaded about these Bravo shows.  Though I am entertained by them (some more than others), I don't even believe 10% of what I see with my own eyes anymore.  Bravo seems to have a formula for most of the new characters...make them sympathetic/likeable for first season or so, then flip the script and turn them into unlikeable people.  So much scripting of reality.

• Love 5

Ashley looks like a cartoon duck in the face.  And that was super-shady asking Kathryn if she wanted a cocktail.  Wonder if Thomas put her up to it.  Also that line about spending Mother's Day with Kathryn's kids.  Definitely Thomas's idea to bring that up, and good for Kattyn that she didn't take the bait.

Yay Chelsea's dog!!  What the heck is his name?  He's a cute little badass.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I thought that the white slacks that he wore when he went to meet JD were a bit too tight. I think he must think that he’s all that and then some. Pretty much every scene we saw him in he was drinking bourbon. 

Maybe the pants are too tight because he’s been wearing them for years and cycling through the laundry every day. In 5 seasons, I don’t think we’ve EVER seen Thomas without white pants or liquor in hand. I mean, I suppose we’ve seen him play polo so he needs to forego his white pants and bourbon while on horseback, but the drink’s in hand as soon as he hops off the horse and the white pants would be in any other scenes of the episode. It’s his signature look: drunk and white pants—throw in a skeevy smirk and you got classic T-Rav.

• Love 14

Naomie apparently wants Craig to become a white-shoe southern lawyer, going to an office every day, working long hours, and eventually making partner and lots of money. Or perhaps put in long hours at her parents' business.

Craig doesn't wanna do that...just yet. He's playing out the reality TV game, making as much money as he can through the show and appearances. He's making more than young attorneys do. Because she can't control him and dictate his life in accordance with her own plans, Naomie is furious with Craig. People like Naomie try to control their former partners even though they no longer love or respect those partners.

I hope this is the last we see of their endless, meaningless "talks." Oh, and isn't Naomie striving to make a living the same way Craig is?

Craig is one of those people who can't/won't do the daily grind of routine work. That won't change as long as he has money coming in. His parents understand this and want him to at least have some sense of purpose each day.

Thomas is already tiring of Ashley: "I need a break." Also, he ordered her to stop speaking when she was jumping around with those stupid placards.  He doesn't like her going for the camera time unless it's part of his plan. But production is encouraging her to be visible.

Good job Kathryn for handling the luncheon well. I hope Kathryn has friends who don't drink 24/7.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 24

If Naomi's plan is to make herself a popular character on this show, she's failing. I felt a certain sympathy for her when she was living with low energy, slow talking Craig who seemed to be lacking in drive. But, you've broken up with him so stop tracking him and talking over him.  Katherine is most likely realizing that she's dodged a bullet.  As much as she loves her children, she really isn't ready for the day to day mothering job, so let Thomas be the primary caregiver! He has the money for 24 hour child care and they seem to be doing well. She is free to come and go. I'm surprised she hasn't started dating again ( or at least we haven't seen it) . In fact, why do we see the men moving on but all the women are doing is talking about the jerks they broke up with?  These are attractive young woman why is this show making them look pathetic?

• Love 5

Really enjoying Kathryn this season. She's handled Ashley well who was obviously disappointed she didn't get a confrontation. She also blends in nicely with the other ladies.  I'm happy to see her out & about, sober, but enjoying herself.  

Ashley is just ridiculous, calling herself a trophy wife & gold digger.  She & Thomas really deserve each other.

For a minute, I was wondering how Craig & Chelsea would be as a couple. Not that I think Chelsea would do that, but they'd certainly be a better fit than him & Naomi.  She's a nasty ass bitch. If you don't want him, don't stalk him, and don't be mad when/if he chats up other women. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, snarts said:

Really enjoying Kathryn this season. She's handled Ashley well who was obviously disappointed she didn't get a confrontation. She also blends in nicely with the other ladies.  I'm happy to see her out & about, sober, but enjoying herself.  

I never thought I’d actually be PROUD of Kathryn on this show, yet she’s *finally* conducting herself with a modicum of dignity, grace and class! And actually blending well with the other gals too. Wow...sobriety is treating her nicely, apparently. Glad Patricia is finally seeing this and they’ve apparently made up offscreen.

On the flip side, Thomas is extra skeevy this season; and I say this as a begrudging T-Rav fan((I just find him unintentionally funny as shit, like a drunken Foghorn Leghorn))...pathetic wannabe golddigger Ashley is upping his sleaze factor as well. She’s a 30-something supposed nurse who still acts like a vapid sorority girl—-I think we all were collectively cringing along with Thomas when she was giggling over those “mugshot” signs. Way to not read the room, girl.

So if you watched “Relationshep”, you knew Peyton was obviously on the show just for a big shot at reality fame; gross to see she’s proving our suspicions correctly now that she’s prominently guest starring all over this show. And she moved all the way to Charleston from LA too?! Ugh...she needs to join Team Thirst right alongside Ashley.

I so wanted to join the Bitter Betty girl slumber party! Their suite was gorgeous and it’d be fun to go get drunk and talk shit with those lovely ladies. Made me a bit sad to look at such beautiful women whining about such pathetic dudes; Chucktown is apparently an abysmal place to date if you’re a female over 25.

Also, I’d so love to drink beer and fish on the beach with Chelt-sea and dog and her fun dad. She may be a ball-buster, but Chelt definitely seems like a cool chick.

• Love 22

I really like Cheltsie. She's obviously as thirsty as the rest of them, angling for an entertainment career, but she plays the reality TV game very shrewdly. She'll indulge in the JD-bashing, but she knows when to rein it in. She's a type that's revered in the South - the outdoorsy  woman who's also beautiful. I think she's looking out for herself and is not willing to let give production what it needs to make her look foolish.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 19

I admit that I’ve never been a fan of Kathryn’s, but I realized last night that I feel sad for her. She’s still so young, but in all of her talking heads she’s just so jaded and bitter. She’s been through a lot, and I’m not saying her attitude is completely unjustified. I know life can be hard and kick you in the teeth. But at that age, you should be alive with the possibilities of life. I also thought it was sad she never really had girlfriends before. I suspect she was one those girls who say they’re not like other girls and only have guy friends. That’s always a huge red flag for me with women. Hopefully she can keep on a positive trajectory. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Maybe the pants are too tight because he’s been wearing them for years and cycling through the laundry every day. In 5 seasons, I don’t think we’ve EVER seen Thomas without white pants or liquor in hand. I mean, I suppose we’ve seen him play polo so he needs to forego his white pants and bourbon while on horseback, but the drink’s in hand as soon as he hops off the horse and the white pants would be in any other scenes of the episode. It’s his signature look: drunk and white pants—throw in a skeevy smirk and you got classic T-Rav.

I agree.  I hated the scene with Tom ass and JD drinking bourbon outside somewhere and both laughing that stupid laughs they do.  JD is getting his confidence back after seeing Elizabeth, and Tom ass is basking in the glow of Ashley. Yuk.  That girl is on a mission.

BTW, Cameron looked absolutely GORGEOUS on Watch What Happens last night.  The hair, makeup, dress and shoes were to die for.  

• Love 10

Craig needs to take Gizmo and run far and fast away from crazy! A tracker on his phone? Wanting the address of a girl and all of her family because Craig might be interested in her? She’s gonna boil Gizmo if he’s not careful. And the way Naomi went after Liz was crazy to me. Liz has four kids with JD. Showing up to a baby shower with him was not an attack on her. How in the world Naomi managed to make it about her is unbelievable. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Sooner Smiles said:

Craig needs to take Gizmo and run far and fast away from crazy! A tracker on his phone? Wanting the address of a girl and all of her family because Craig might be interested in her? She’s gonna boil Gizmo if he’s not careful. And the way Naomi went after Liz was crazy to me. Liz has four kids with JD. Showing up to a baby shower with him was not an attack on her. How in the world Naomi managed to make it about her is unbelievable. 

Naomi is off the rails and needs to calm down fast.  She's in everyone's business where she doesn't belong.  She appears to be heading towards a breakdown of some sort.  Craig will be one sorry guy if he goes back with her.  She is a downer and not good for any man until she softens up.   I get annoyed watching her.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Craig, sweetie, I’m proud you finally took the bar but it’s a statewide test.  You didn’t score top 93% in the country.

Thanks!  That's the first thing I thought of, too.  Dude, the only "countrywide" part of the test is the "multi-state" portion of the exam, and I don't think people have rankings becaues I'm pretty sure bar exams are given in different states on different days.  It's not like the national SAT day or anything like that.

Which begs the question --- have we VERIFIED that he took the bar exam?

• Love 1

When Shep picked up Payton on his dating show, he picked her up at Vanderpump Dogs. Now she is again wor king at a doggie daycare-type place.  I am wondering if she comes from money. Even with the show's paycheck I don't see how she could make a living loving on dogs. If that were the case, I would be doing it. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

These are attractive young woman why is this show making them look pathetic?

If these men are indicative of the dating pool in Charleston it’s no wonder to me that they don’t want to go out and find their perfect man. First he doesn’t exist and most of these guys on the show are duds. 

• Love 5
Just now, Bluedog100 said:

When Shep picked up Payton on his dating show, he picked her up at Vanderpump Dogs. Now she is again wor king at a doggie daycare-type place.  I am wondering if she comes from money. Even with the show's paycheck I don't see how she could make a living loving on dogs. If that were the case, I would be doing it. 

So maybe she’ll be on VPR too - I can see her with that crowd.

• Love 2

I am not sure how I would feel if I were the table full of girls that Craig said weren't pretty.  I kind of agreed with him but I wouldn't have wanted that said on TV about me.  Speaking of, I do not think Payton is attractive in the least.   Thomas is loathsome, I want to buy into Katherine all of a sudden being mature but I am not quite there yet.  JD is still shamelessly plugging Gentry Bourbon....I would think it would be wiser to distance my name from it, seems like it would hurt sales instead of help given his current status.         

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Chelsea’s dad is cool! 

Yes he is!  I think he is very handsome.  I love a rugged, weathered man.

Naomi is nuts.  You have to accept people for who they are or move on.  The world works 24 hours a day and being a typical 9 - 5 person is not for everyone.  I am more of a 7 - 3 person and up by 5:20 a.m. and take a nap and up again then in bed.

3 minutes ago, AnnieHeights said:

I am not sure how I would feel if I were the table full of girls that Craig said weren't pretty. 

I think he said that because he isn't looking and the guys trying to fix him up with a one night stand was way more disrespectful to the girls than Craig saying he didn't find any of them pretty.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Craig is one of those people who can't/won't do the daily grind of routine work. That won't change as long as he has money coming in. His parents understand this and want him to at least have some sense of purpose each day.

I think I may have commented on this last season, but Craig reminds me a lot of my ex husband.  He was also super cute, basically really sweet at his core but he just could never get motivated to be a grown up and figure out what he wanted to do with his life.  When I finally had a conversation with him about how our relationship wasn’t working, he actually said it was my fault he’d never become anything because I’d made his life too easy.  (By working long hours as an attorney, mind you - sadly, I have no family $ or anything.)  Needless to say, we didn’t really get over that one.  So I do REALLY feel Naomie.  But, I did not stalk him afterwards which is where she’s losing me.

• Love 11