Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E21: Aftermath

I thought this was one of the best shows on TV, but they might have jumped the shark in these last two episodes.

37 minutes ago, SayMyName said:

Inappropriate puppet cleaning and #1 mom underwear.

Yeah, I chuckled at both of those.

The in-show commercial for the Honda was startling.  This show has always done a lot of product placement, but that was like something from the 1950s.

• Love 4

Amy really does need to get real if she wants a chance at a real relationship. That fight was painful, but I liked it. I like Amy, but I also thought Jonah was right. She's scared, and I get that. But at some point, and that would be NOW, she needs to deal with that fear or remain stuck.

I don't like how they all dump on Sandra. It's the same as Jerry from Parks and Rec, and it's not funny to me.

I think NBC decided to have more product placement and fewer of the traditional interrupting commercials. I know it was one of the networls that announced that plan, and I think it was NBC.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Amy really does need to get real if she wants a chance at a real relationship. That fight was painful, but I liked it. I like Amy, but I also thought Jonah was right. She's scared, and I get that. But at some point, and that would be NOW, she needs to deal with that fear or remain stuck.

I don't like how they all dump on Sandra. It's the same as Jerry from Parks and Rec, and it's not funny to me.

I think NBC decided to have more product placement and fewer of the traditional interrupting commercials. I know it was one of the networls that announced that plan, and I think it was NBC.

At least Jerry had the perfect home life to go home too.

They really just need to go ahead with Amy and Jonah since they won’t forget it altogether. At least he finally ended it with Kelly but I wanted her to be the one to have a spine and end it. Oh well. But Amy being pregnant is still the most unnecessary plot ever. 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Roaster said:

I thought this was one of the best shows on TV, but they might have jumped the shark in these last two episodes.

Yeah, I chuckled at both of those.

The in-show commercial for the Honda was startling.  This show has always done a lot of product placement, but that was like something from the 1950s.

I'm going to be the guy that's going to tell you that the Jumping the Shark episode was the beginning of Happy Days' peak.

• Love 4

Sitcom writers in general seem to love the will they or won't they story lines. Does anyone really want that story line? The Amy/Jonah thing is the worst part of the show.

I watch the show for everything else.

"I need to show this video to Bo, he's never seen a video of me with my clothes on."

• Love 14
3 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Is this show hard-up for cash, or is it just a natural fit for endorsements? This season has had Target, Pizza Hut, and whatever that rando car commercial with Dina, Glenn, and Garrett. If it keeps the show on for longer, I'm all for it.

There's background stuff, too.  In this episode I noticed a prominently placed Coinstar machine.

3 hours ago, Roaster said:

They do similar ones on Will & Grace.  It's Jack in his car talking to his agent and Karen.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

At least he finally ended it with Kelly but I wanted her to be the one to have a spine and end it.

Me too.  I need a catharsis with this.  Jonah yelling at Amy felt good.  He was right.  She decided to make a move when he was in a relationship and she was pregnant.  But what was his response to being mad about that?  Being extra lovey dovey and coupley with Kelly?  Aw hell to that.  She could stab him and I think I'd be okay with that.

3 hours ago, Roaster said:

Everything old is new again. It's not really an in-show commercial the way Subway was even though it looks like it.  There's a definite commercial-like break before the commercial comes on.  It's not just NBC that is doing it either.  I get the sense that more shows are starting to do this.  During Brockmire's premiere on IFC, ever commercial break started with Jim Brockmire in a booth selling something. I feel like there's another show too but I can't remember which one.

2 hours ago, SayMyName said:

Sitcom writers in general seem to love the will they or won't they story lines. Does anyone really want that story line?

I love a well crafted Will They/Won't They story in both sitcoms and dramas.  Jonah/Amy?  Not a well crafted one. In fact, I feel it is hilariously doing everything that I feel makes a good Will They/Won't They go bad.  But I know they have quite a few fans so some of their story choices don't bother other people as much as they bother me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

3 hours ago, Trillium said:

At least Jerry had the perfect home life to go home too.

You're right in that she deserves to be treated a lot better than she is especially when she can recall everything. I wonder if it will get to the point where Sandra calls corporate on them documenting every single instance where she's been slighted. While Jerry had Gayle and a fantastic family, Sandra's Jerry is still rehabbing from a coma. 

3 hours ago, SayMyName said:

"I need to show this video to Bo, he's never seen a video of me with my clothes on."

Cheyenne is hilarious.  

• Love 7

I assume that the writers have a plan that leads to a reasonably happy ending for this mess next season -- after all, the show is a comedy -- but at the moment I'm wondering where the hell they're going with this. I know that America is pregnant in real life, but I don't see any warm fuzzies coming in where the show is taking Amy, and they could easily have continued with the Amy/Jonah/Kelly/Amy's delivery guy boyfriend whose name I don't remember thing without a pregnancy complication. I feel really sorry for Kelly, who's a sweet person who is getting shafted, and even for Jonah, who as he said towards the end of last night's episode, waited two years for Amy before moving on and then she makes a move. The season finale episode should be interesting. C'mon, writers, I like these characters and I don't want to see simmering anger carry over.

Thankfully, the show remains a must-see for me... I love all of the other characters and the quick sight gags and the generally surreal goofiness of Cloud 9. And I can deal with the product placements if, as someone wrote above, they helps keep the show on the air.

• Love 5

I don't get Jonah's declaration that he waited two years for Amy when she was married during most of that time. Waiting around for your crush's marriage to fail is way more pathetic than working at Cloud 9 forever, which he assumes Amy will do. Also if you respond to what seems to be your girlfriend's first "I love you," with "we should break up," then maybe don't complain about someone else's timing. For some reason, I feel worse for Alex than for Kelly, although maybe it's just because Carol is after him now.

Genuine LOL when Jonah took Kelly's hand so they could show the customer where something was together, followed by the customer taking Jonah's other hand. Elias looking on longingly from the next aisle put it over the top.

12 hours ago, Roaster said:

Ha, yes, it was like Bonanza when Ben would come driving up to the house in an Impala. Mostly I was distracted by learning there's such a thing as a plug-in hybrid. How is that a good idea? The whole reason for buying a hybrid is so that you don't have to plug it in.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, AnnieHeights said:

Could someone please tell me what happened right after Kelly told Jonah she loved him.....my DVR cut off!   

He told her they should break up and then show ended..

• Love 3
13 hours ago, SayMyName said:

Sitcom writers in general seem to love the will they or won't they story lines. Does anyone really want that story line? The Amy/Jonah thing is the worst part of the show.

Agreed. I hate the will they won't they stuff. Yes, I'm that person that didn't care about Jim/Pam on The Office either.

10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Me too.  I need a catharsis with this.  Jonah yelling at Amy felt good.  He was right.  She decided to make a move when he was in a relationship and she was pregnant.  But what was his response to being mad about that?  Being extra lovey dovey and coupley with Kelly?  Aw hell to that.  She could stab him and I think I'd be okay with that.

I would definitely be okay with it. 

44 minutes ago, Madtown said:
48 minutes ago, AnnieHeights said:

Could someone please tell me what happened right after Kelly told Jonah she loved him.....my DVR cut off!   

He told her they should break up and then show ended..

Mine did too. I'm glad he finally broke up with her but I already dislike him for being with her when he had feelings for someone else. I really liked Jonah when the show first started but this whole story has killed it. I'm not real fond of Amy anymore either except for enjoying her friendship with Dina. At this point I'm watching the show for all the other characters. (minus Glenn)

• Love 4

The real world outcome of this week's "truth bombs" would be that Amy would get an abortion, go back to school, and start really making changes. No idea if that's where the show is headed, or how they'd make it funny, but that's what I think would happen if this wasn't TV.

Jonah would break up with Kelly (which he did) and face his own BS, as well (which we don't know yet if he will). It's true he was pining for Amy while she was married, but if he'd made a move then, that wouldn't have been right. And he didn't get involved with Kelly until it was clear that Amy was not open to being with him; he was trying to move on, which wasn't a bad idea in theory. But he was really awful to Kelly, and she really didn't deserve it. So he was right about Amy, but he also has issues of his own.

What I liked about the fight is that I think it got everything into the open, finally. They were blatantly flirting with each other, everyone on staff could see it and had been commenting on it, they had already kissed (twice!-- once during the tornado), it wasn't like having a conversation was going to somehow disrupt something that was genuinely under control.

I hope they start next week's episode where this one left off, with Kelly dropping her own truth bombs on Jonah, and then show her going on a wonderful "free at last" sex-romance-fun bender, where she finally gets her due. I don't want her to be a Sandra-style sad sack or a bitter and lonely vindictive character, which is usually what tv shows do with women in this situation.

But I really don't know how they salvage the Amy or Jonah parts of this. I think they've established their friendship and attraction very credibly, and that fight was also very real. But the triangle stuff has really made them both, and their relationship, toxic and hard to root for. So I guess we wait and see if they wrote themselves into a corner they can't get out of, or if they actually have a decent plan. I really think writing in the pregnancy was a mistake.

I hated Glenn forcing her to announce it at the staff meeting, also. At some point, Glenn's lack of boundaries stopped being amusing to me. I do like how he and Dina seem to be getting more in sync all season, though. In some ways, they are total opposites, so their rapport has become funny to me, as the season has developed it.

I'm so glad Cheyenne is back. After they sidelined her for a few episodes, I was worried they were phasing her out.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 7

I have to give props to Ben again.  I liked the way he delivered the line about any being able to leave.  I at least think he delivered it in a way that initially he was just blurting it out, about halfway through realized he might be crossing a line and then decided to just stand his ground.  I'm sure she will but I don't see Amy forgiving him easily for that, even if it's true.

• Love 8

Why are they stretching this out forever? Why are they adding in this pregnancy stuff just to put off Jonah/Amy from becoming a thing? Its so pointless, and its not interesting anymore, its just frustrating. I like Amy/Jonah, and they've done a good job of setting up their friendship and attraction, but this is making me way less interested. And that break up Jonah gave Kelly was brutal

Jonah was harsh with Amy at the end, but he wasn't really wrong. Amy loves to be the martyr, and even when people want to help her, she wont take it because she wants to be the long suffering hero. 

The inappropriate puppet cleaning and the #1 mom underwear are why I love the background stuff in this show so much.  

• Love 9

There's an older man standing behind her, one of the Cloud 9 extras, and he gives her the most hilarious look when she says that.

I also loved the gag with the missing child. At first it was just Glenn and Dina interrupting Garrett when he's trying to announce that a child is missing, but then the kid in the suspenders turns up right in the middle of the big scene with Amy, Jonah, Adam and Alex saying "I can't find my mommy" and Amy turns around and yells "grown-ups are talking!" I laughed so loud at that my neighbors must have heard me. 

That's all I ask. Just give me one or two really good laugh out loud moments, and I'm happy. This show delivers that, almost always.

That's why I'm not really invested, one way or another in what happens with Amy and Jonah. I am, however, glad he broke things off with Kelly. I wonder if she'll be written off now. She's not really quirky enough to stand on her own, it seems like she only exists to be that monkey wrench in the whole Amy/Jonah thing.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That's all I ask. Just give me one or two really good laugh out loud moments, and I'm happy. This show delivers that, almost always.

That's why I'm not really invested, one way or another in what happens with Amy and Jonah.

Sums it up for me.

Not saying that I haven't done the "shipping" thing before, I have. (The Office, P&R, B99). I'm just all shipped out.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Why are they stretching this out forever? Why are they adding in this pregnancy stuff just to put off Jonah/Amy from becoming a thing? Its so pointless, and its not interesting anymore, its just frustrating. I like Amy/Jonah, and they've done a good job of setting up their friendship and attraction, but this is making me way less interested. And that break up Jonah gave Kelly was brutal

I'm kind of confused as to the way they're going about it, too.  Presumably showrunners who are using a will they/won't they story as a major plot line in a sitcom, would want at least a good portion of the viewers to be rooting for the couple.  By making Amy pregnant (with Adam’s baby), and making Jonah continually string Kelly along (asking her to move in, asking to meet her parents) and otherwise treat her badly (blowing off their special dinner), then dumping her pretty brutally, all does not seem to inspire positive feelings about the Amy/Jonah 'ship.  

I also loved the ongoing funny snippets, the missing kid one was awesome, the the melted ice cream by the expensive headphones was funny, too.  

Edited by reallyjustjen
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That's why I'm not really invested, one way or another in what happens with Amy and Jonah. I am, however, glad he broke things off with Kelly. I wonder if she'll be written off now. She's not really quirky enough to stand on her own, it seems like she only exists to be that monkey wrench in the whole Amy/Jonah thing.

It would be nice if Kelly could leave to move on something better, out of the retail trap.

Writers, steal these lines for next season.

Marcus: Where's Kelly?

Cheyenne: She went to nursing school. She must have graduated by now.

Edited by MaryHedwig
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, reallyjustjen said:

I also loved the ongoing funny snippets, the missing kid one was awesome, the the melted ice cream by the expensive headphones was funny, too.  

When the guy put the ice cream on the shelf, I literally said out loud (to absolutely no one), yep, that's about right. Granted it wasn't melted ice cream, but I can't tell you how many times I would watch customers just randomly put something down on a shelf in the middle of a store. Even worse, were the ones who would change their minds at the damn cash register and instead of just handing me the items, they would start putting them on a shelf right there. And then shoot a dirty look when I would tell them to give me the items instead. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, WednesdayAddams said:

I think I'm especially annoyed with the will they won't they story line is because The Middle is currently doing it, and doing it badly as well. There's more to comedy then a Jim and Pam-like story line. 

The will they/won't they is absolutely core to the show's identity. It's working title was "The Greatest Love Story Ever Told", and it's not a coincidence that Ben Feldman and America Ferrera were the final two actors cast.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Everything old is new again. It's not really an in-show commercial the way Subway was even though it looks like it.  There's a definite commercial-like break before the commercial comes on.  It's not just NBC that is doing it either.  I get the sense that more shows are starting to do this.  During Brockmire's premiere on IFC, ever commercial break started with Jim Brockmire in a booth selling something. I feel like there's another show too but I can't remember which one.

I love a well crafted Will They/Won't They story in both sitcoms and dramas.  Jonah/Amy?  Not a well crafted one. In fact, I feel it is hilariously doing everything that I feel makes a good Will They/Won't They go bad.  But I know they have quite a few fans so some of their story choices don't bother other people as much as they bother me.

Jake and Amy on B99 is the way to do it.

• Love 10

One of my favorite things about this show is it reminds me of songs I haven't thought about in 15 years. I'm just waiting for that one that goes "she likes me for me / not because I sing like Pavarotti / or because I'm such a hottie."

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

One of my favorite things about this show is it reminds me of songs I haven't thought about in 15 years. I'm just waiting for that one that goes "she likes me for me / not because I sing like Pavarotti / or because I'm such a hottie."

Blessid Union of Souls I'll just leave this here for everyone. 

But yeah, I totally get how this show would remind you of old songs. 

11 hours ago, possibilities said:

The real world outcome of this week's "truth bombs" would be that Amy would get an abortion, go back to school, and start really making changes. No idea if that's where the show is headed, or how they'd make it funny, but that's what I think would happen if this wasn't TV.

I think the opposite.  I think everyone making major changes after a big "truth bomb" moment is more of a TV thing than a real world thing.  In the real world, what would likely happen is Amy would go bitch about Jonah to a girlfriend and he would go bitch about Amy to a guy friend.  And they'd keep doing it until their friends were sick of hearing about it.  She'd still have the baby and likely embrace it as another excuse to put off school.  Jonah would probably stay with his girlfriend until she leaves him or he thinks there's someone better for him.  Maybe they'd forgive one another.  Maybe not.  But they'd keep judging one another to their friends.

13 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Genuine LOL when Jonah took Kelly's hand so they could show the customer where something was together, followed by the customer taking Jonah's other hand. Elias looking on longingly from the next aisle put it over the top.

Yes.  In my rant above I forgot to mention the genuine things that made me laugh in this episode.  I also liked all three versions of Mateo's "I thought I was going to die" speech.

2 hours ago, Skyfall said:

Jake and Amy on B99 is the way to do it.

That's a good mention.  Like Jonah and Amy, I like the characters/actors but I was never really into them.  (If anything, I at least feel more with Jonah and Amy) and yet they never had me screaming at the TV at how awful they were being. 

• Love 1

I wish this show hadn't gone towards dramedy. The Jonah/Amy interactions weren't humorous at all to me and I was just waiting for them to be over so I could laugh at something that's funny.

• Love 6

Finally catching up on this show. I agree with everyone that this pregnancy storyline is unnecessary and eye-roll inducing. 

I liked that Jonah finally told Amy off. I’ve never really care for their characters or the actors, but I was really impressed with Ben Feldman during the fight scene. 

I generally hate how Amy handles everything and hated how Jonah treated Kelly. 

I liked Cheyenne’s comment about how Amy could get a lizard for next to nothing with Adam’s PetSmart discount, and how Amy would be willing to pay full price for a lizard if it meant she didn’t have to get back together with her ex-husband. 

• Love 5

In seasons 1&2, I don't remember seeing episodes where I really disliked pretty much every character. But this season it happens every 3rd or 4th episode and I feel all "I hate almost everyone and every storyline in this episode". This was one of those. 

The one exception for me (except Sandra--I don't remember ever disliking her totally) was Jonah. I get why his lovey behavior w/ Kelley really bugged a lot of people but I saw it as well intentioned though misguided. Kelley was his girlfriend and he focusing on her and trying to 'fix' things  by doubling down on their relationship after the event w/ Amy.  Of course, that was worse in the long run, but...okay, say Jonah happens to be a real and I know him and he'd had this long running but mostly futile crush on Amy but was dating Kelley and then Amy pulled this kissing thing like she did here? I'd totally tell Jonah to focus on the sweet woman he was with and forget the flaky pia that Amy can be?‍♀️.

I will say  that until jonah missed his date with Kelley (to hit golf balls w/ Amy), I never really felt like those 2 were a bad match --just that they weren't the best match-- but I know a lot of viewers did.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 5

OH, forgot...it bugged me that Jonah painted himself as having waited for Amy all that time and had just, finally moved on.

A. I don't believe he'd ever 'moved on' from having a crush on her, but I don't think he's ever really held much hope that it would go anywhere either (except maybe briefly right after the hurricane and when her divorce was becoming real)

B. He has not been wasting away, waiting for her (which is good). He's had a couple girlfriends besides Kelley and at least one sex-only fling. 

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 3

The more I think about it, the more it strikes me that Amy saying Jonah could leave at any moment is actually pretty revealing. It went by fast but in retrospect, that's the heart of her behavior. She doesn't understand why Jonah is at Cloud 9, and she doesn't really believe he's into her in a serious way. She sees herself as a person who is stuck-- high school baby/marriage, dead end job, single parent, about to  be a mother again just as her daughter starts to be more self-sufficient. She knows Jonah is attracted to her, but the reality of her life gives her the fairly sensible question of: why? And it's also true that he's been dating other people, so it's also not like he's actually told her that he is dead serious, or explained why he's at Cloud 9 after his initial college flame out, and not evidently planning to get back on the upwardly mobile track. She has every reason to think he's just passing time and to be insecure about how serious he might actually be.

Moreover, she's the one who's made moves on him, like the kiss during the tornado, or when they were wearing the minion costumes and she said "do you want to have sex?" He's trying to not cross any lines, so he always stammers and waits til she apologizes or says she's joking, instead of reaching back towards her in any way (even verbally), but he's actually just as much giving mixed signals and not taking real chances as she is.

They really need to have a calm, serious conversation, but they both have their reasons to be afraid to do that. It's incredibly annoying, but it's actually one of the more credibly written examples of this sort of thing, if you ask me.

I don't know why I'm so interested in it. I agree it's annoying, not funny, and usually I hate this kind of drawn out thing. I really don't want it to go on much longer, either. If they don't make significant progress in the next episode, I will be done with it. But I give them props for making it credible, so far.

When I heard there was a new show set in a store like this, I really didn't think it had potential. I watched the pilot only because America Ferrera was in it and she tends to choose interesting projects, so I was curious what happened to get her into this one. But now I love the show so much. They never disappoint with the customers doing outrageous things, even if you disregard the activities of the staff.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, possibilities said:

When I heard there was a new show set in a store like this, I really didn't think it had potential. I watched the pilot only because America Ferrera was in it and she tends to choose interesting projects, so I was curious what happened to get her into this one. But now I love the show so much. They never disappoint with the customers doing outrageous things, even if you disregard the activities of the staff.

Having worked retail for 20 years, I 100% knew the potential was there if it was done right. So much of this show rings absolutely true to retail, big box like Cloud 9 and small retail too. Stores like this really did have a team of employees who generally worked together all the time, we were all up in each other's lives, had work BFFs, work husbands/wives, slightly inappropriate relationships, and sooooo many crazy customer stories we could be writing these scripts. We all had a Glenn or two as a manager along the way and too many Dina's to count. The only thing that's missing is the contact you would have with the other stores in your district. You always knew what what happening with their stores and staff and it was good gossip about people you kind of knew or had heard of and no matter what, your store and coworkers were much better than the others. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

The more I think about it, the more it strikes me that Amy saying Jonah could leave at any moment is actually pretty revealing. It went by fast but in retrospect, that's the heart of her behavior. She doesn't understand why Jonah is at Cloud 9, and she doesn't really believe he's into her in a serious way. She sees herself as a person who is stuck-- high school baby/marriage, dead end job, single parent, about to  be a mother again just as her daughter starts to be more self-sufficient. She knows Jonah is attracted to her, but the reality of her life gives her the fairly sensible question of: why? And it's also true that he's been dating other people, so it's also not like he's actually told her that he is dead serious, or explained why he's at Cloud 9 after his initial college flame out, and not evidently planning to get back on the upwardly mobile track. She has every reason to think he's just passing time and to be insecure about how serious he might actually be.

Moreover, she's the one who's made moves on him, like the kiss during the tornado, or when they were wearing the minion costumes and she said "do you want to have sex?" He's trying to not cross any lines, so he always stammers and waits til she apologizes or says she's joking, instead of reaching back towards her in any way (even verbally), but he's actually just as much giving mixed signals and not taking real chances as she is.

They really need to have a calm, serious conversation, but they both have their reasons to be afraid to do that. It's incredibly annoying, but it's actually one of the more credibly written examples of this sort of thing, if you ask me.

I don't know why I'm so interested in it. I agree it's annoying, not funny, and usually I hate this kind of drawn out thing. I really don't want it to go on much longer, either. If they don't make significant progress in the next episode, I will be done with it. But I give them props for making it credible, so far.

Really great post. I didn't even really think about Amy asking Jonah why he was still there and what that meant about her fears regarding Jonah's feelings for her. I just saw it as more of her feeling personally stuck and frustrated.

So much yes to everything else: Amy always making the first move and Jonah holding back (and sending mixed signals), their desperate need for a calm, honest conversation and how it's both very real life and annoying that they're not having it and even how great the show is even though some of it can be very annoying.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 4

I think bringing kids in to break up relationships is pretty standard.  

However, if you look at Crossing Jordan, Lily's outcome was a more positive one. Since Jonah suddenly broke up with Kelly, he may step up to helping Amy in the future. 

I'm kind of surprised Jonah and Kelly got past the date night he stood her up on. Was there no explanation? She must have started to see the writing on the wall by then. 

• Love 2

I'd be ok if we had Amy waking up at the beginning of next season and having them make the last few episodes this season be a dream if it would get rid of this pregnancy for Amy storyline.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'd be ok if we had Amy waking up at the beginning of next season and having them make the last few episodes this season be a dream if it would get rid of this pregnancy for Amy storyline.

As gimmicky as that would be, I think it might be the best course of action.  I'm no TV writer, and maybe the showrunners know what they are doing, but I can't see this show being any good with Amy as mother to an infant.

• Love 3
On 4/27/2018 at 9:50 AM, fishcakes said:

Ha, yes, it was like Bonanza when Ben would come driving up to the house in an Impala. Mostly I was distracted by learning there's such a thing as a plug-in hybrid. How is that a good idea? The whole reason for buying a hybrid is so that you don't have to plug it in.

A typical  hybrid uses gas, just less of it. This is an electric/gas hybrid, which will use electricity instead of gas (so no fossil fuels) until it runs out of a charge, at which point it switches to gas. A car that runs completely on electricity will stop running when it depletes its charge, so the driver has to be very careful about planning drives and knowing where charging stations are located.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Roaster said:

As gimmicky as that would be, I think it might be the best course of action.  I'm no TV writer, and maybe the showrunners know what they are doing, but I can't see this show being any good with Amy as mother to an infant.

The kids get put into daycare as soon as humanly possible then referred to once in a while. There was really no point in Amy's pregnancy. The season is almost over. Nobody could tell she was pregnant. TV shows have been hiding pregnancies for years. Elinor Donahue - the oldest teenage daughter on Father Knows Best was pregnant while working on the show. What a scandal that would have been if they had to show the teenage daughter as being pregnant back in the 50s or 60s.  Barbara Eden was pregnant in season one of I Dream of Jeannie. I think both Phylicia Rashād and Lisa Bonet were pregnant at the same time while on the Cosby show. Either one could have been written in, but they weren't. Also Gina Bellman on Leverage. They just showed her from the neck up on a monitor once in a while. 

One article I read said that America's baby is due any day now. She won't even be pregnant next season. The other problem, I find, it takes the focus off of Dina carrying the spawn for Glenn and Jerusha. I'm hoping they don't do another delivery - not at a hospital. I can imagine Dina planning ahead for it and getting someone like Amy to coach her through it during the birth. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Jaded said:

A more realistic solution would be an abortion (both for the storyline, and woman in general) and I think that's the path the show will take. I think that's why they walked back Tate and Amy having sex because the writers wanted make sure that pregnancy is definitely within the legal abortion period.

• Love 4