Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E20: Enemy of My Enemy

SEAL.jpeg

The lives of Jason and the SEAL Team are in jeopardy when a risky mission to capture a highly valuable target may actually be a trap. Also, Clay and Davis commiserate about the frustrations of having long distance relationships *, and Ray has a meeting regarding his involvement with the accidental death of the local boy that could affect his military career.

Promo pictures

*WHY?!

I see that this show is going downhill really fast.

The team that I loved at the beginning of the series for its planning and preparation, for its attention to details and for its prudence now is reckless and emotional. Now it is descending to an action shoot-'em-all show, sadly.

To comment on the story itself: who the hell approves the use of DEA (a civilian agency) helos for Spec-Op mission? There are reasons that there are special operations air elements for special missions. The aircraft and aircrew are designed and trained specifically for them. And doing a daytime raid without air cover? This episode is full of WTFs, but I think this is the biggest one.

• Love 4

Sonny is the best.

Jason being CBS Emotionally Volatile Cop Because THEY KILL OUR BROTHERS #23345579 is getting annoying, fast. I don't care about this development, and I'd wish they drop it. But this show still has no idea about its strength: the team interactions and the action/intel/prep stuff.

I don't know if I'm being paranoid but if this show will so much as hint to inevitability of Clay/Davis hook up when Sonny is. right. there, I'll drop it like a hot optato. It's already losing me with Jason's macho BS detective games but this will be the last straw.

Ray's arc progressing beautifully so far. Liked his and Davis's scenes, and also his and the investigator's scene.

PS: Ray had his Anakin Skywalker moment with his dust going everywhere.

sub-buzz-24075-1492359365-1.jpg?downsize

• Love 1

The problem with the "who killed Echo team" story arc is, at least for me, it's way to overly complicated.  Every week we get five new bad guy names thrown at us, a couple of them get killed or captured, they get X'd off on the pin board and that's it.  So no point in learning their names or who they are, they're gone by the end of the episode but what's left is a far too entangled plot of conspiracies and collusion and who is tied to who.  Now this may be partly my fault, when they start throwing out that suspect Z is Y's brother who has his cousin Q running things in <town with 27 consents> but that was last year and now he may have moved because he has money filtered through 192 banks that may or may not trace back to a company in the Cayman Islands that may or may not connect to a Swiss account under "Carter" (at least I know his name!)............well by the time they get through all that and hit the dead end of the week I've already zoned out and played three games of solitary on the ipod.  The idea is good, dragging out the investigation and adding as many twists and people as they can not so much.

• Love 7

^Cutter I think is the name of the boss of Amy (Xeon lady love of Jason), or you were referring to a different person?

I think their main chief is General Cook that approves their missions in Afghanistan, but he is General of the Army, I don't know how things work in the military :P

(edited)

I’m confused by the op to get the bad guy, with the team running around the streets in broad daylight, and team bad guy didn’t come after them in the street?

Still DO NOT CARE about Clay and Stella.

They appear to be heading towards some sort of romance between Jason and Amanda and please no.

So is there a sliding scale for civilians?  Five thousand US if your child is killed, ten grand for a mother, fifteen for a father?  That whole thing seemed really crass, but I also know nothing about how the military works so I am assuming there is more behind the scenes than what was shown here.

Edited by mojoween
On 5/3/2018 at 2:41 PM, piequinn35 said:

^Cutter I think is the name of the boss of Amy (Xeon lady love of Jason), or you were referring to a different person?

I think their main chief is General Cook that approves their missions in Afghanistan, but he is General of the Army, I don't know how things work in the military :P

You're right, it's "Cutter" not Carter.  See, still can't learn everyone's names!!  I'm sure it's partly my fault, the show doesn't totally capture me and I'm missing stuff because my  attention wanders.