Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Where the Road Goes

I’m sad they killed off Furguson. He was my favorite and the previous seasons’ Furguson jokes were the highlight of many episodes. I had been anticipating more of his adventures this season. The funeral was strange, but fitting to this show. I’m glad he died of natural causes and not purple glitter. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I’m glad he died of natural causes and not purple glitter. 

Yeah me too!!!! I was shocked that Nick threw Jess under the bus like that! Wow!! Surprising she didn't break up with him.  Love the kitty at the end awwww! :)

16 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I admit that I cried when Winston talked about Furguson's last moments. My cat died in September.

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your cat. :( How old was your cat? :(

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, sonyab said:

Yeah me too!!!! I was shocked that Nick threw Jess under the bus like that! Wow!! Surprising she didn't break up with him.  Love the kitty at the end awwww! :)

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your cat. :( How old was your cat? :(

16.5 years old. He had a couple chronic diseases and fought long and hard. He was a brave little guy.

• Love 8

I enjoyed this episode way more than last week’s.  Even though it was sad about Furguson.  Plus Coach!  And the guy who used to date Jess!  In a cat shirt.

How many episodes are there?  I guess it will end with Jess and Nick’s wedding?  Maybe Winston’s baby will be born at the same time?  Classic sitcom stuff there.

• Love 2

I realize this was meant to be played for laughs, but speaking for anyone who has lost a beloved pet, I just couldn't find this episode very amusing. Also, a good friend of mine died a few years ago and they played that same Enya song at her service. So . . . this episode was a real downer for me.

• Love 2

When they were walking through the pet cemetery on the way to the grave, they passed a gravestone for a dog and under the dog's name it said something like "GOOD BOY/WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU" and just THAT made me weepy. 

I loved seeing the guy who was going to do an interpretive dance in a red unitard representing the laser dot Ferguson used to like.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bilgistic said:

16.5 years old. He had a couple chronic diseases and fought long and hard. He was a brave little guy.

That poor thing. :( What was his name?

1 hour ago, sonyab said:

That poor thing. :( What was his name?

I posted about him a lot in the Pets forum here, but respected his need for privacy. His pseudonym was Bilgisticat. :)

I adopted a mother-daughter bonded pair in the fall. They are wonderful. I've had cats since I was 11 (I'm 43). I can't imagine life without a cat(s).

RIP, Furguson.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I realize this was meant to be played for laughs, but speaking for anyone who has lost a beloved pet, I just couldn't find this episode very amusing. Also, a good friend of mine died a few years ago and they played that same Enya song at her service. So . . . this episode was a real downer for me.

I don't know I've lost a few beloved pets and I still found the episode very funny.  It's not the loss that is funny but the over the top Winstonness of the whole affair.  The tombstone with the Game of Thrones quote, the fact that it was a Jewish unveiling all very funny. I do think it was smart to have it be a year from the death because otherwise it would just be too fresh. 

Ally's line "If there is one thing I know for sure it's that I'm the rock of this family." cracked me up. 

• Love 2

RIP Ferguson. May you chase tiny red dots in the clouds for the rest of eternity. 

I found the episode both funny, due to how Extra the whole funneral was (the Game of Thrones quote on the grave! Winston deciding that Ferguson was Jewish! The LAPD accapela group!) and sad, especially as Winston told the story about how Ferguson died. At least he died of natural causes after having a happy life. And the new kitten is super cute. 

Holy reoccurring guest characters! The outdoors guy! Robbie! Dr. Sam! I just love that the gang has all these people are are totally down to have an elaborate memorable for a cats wake. It makes me smile. Especially Robby being about to be an interpretive dance as a red dot, except "it seems inappropriate now". 

• Love 5

I was sort of dreading watching this one since I am a cat lady and I've lost two of my fur babies in the past year and a half. It wasn't as sad as I thought although I will admit that I started bawling when Winston was recounting the story of how Ferguson died.

Loved seeing Robbie and Sam, who are two my favorite exes of Jess. Loved Sam's shirt and wish we could have seen Robbie's interpretive dance lol.

The new baby kitten at the end was a doll!

• Love 1

It's always been Furguson but a lot of people spelled the anthropocentric way. :(

Seeing Robbie and especially Sam was great but it made me miss the days of Jess not being with Nick! I'll be the lone holdout who never accepts their relationship. They're both better when they're apart! I also liked Lorelai with Christopher and Dylan with Kelly so I'm used to being the contrarian.

• Love 1

I'll have to watch this one again when I'm not so sad. My beloved cat has a brain tumor and I'm taking him in the morning to let him go. I was a mess this whole episode.

On 2018-05-07 at 12:43 AM, Court said:

I'll have to watch this one again when I'm not so sad. My beloved cat has a brain tumor and I'm taking him in the morning to let him go. I was a mess this whole episode.

I’m so sorry.

• Love 3
On 5/7/2018 at 12:43 AM, Court said:

I know the feeling. I'm sorry. Wishing you peace.

• Love 1