Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: War and P.O.S

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Jel said:

How low is John's self-esteem? Dorinda basically tells us several times a season that he's Mr. Right Now. Pitiful.

It depends on what you're referring to as his "self-esteem."  John totally seems like the type of guy who enjoys the benefits without all the hassles that come with a commitment, if you know what I mean.  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Neeners said:

Tinsley seems like she doesn't like Lu. I wonder if it's because she's friends with Carole, or she just doesn't like her. 

Probably being loyal to Carole! LuAnn was most insulting and condescending of the relationship of Adam and Carole and I don't blame her animus! I wouldn't be bothered with that pretentious POS who spends most of her time inflating her own sense of importance and undermines others to help in the task! - LuAnn finally embarrassed into silence when confronted by Dennis being at the table! Tinsley will have to get into a brawl with Sonja to straighten her out where the previews has Ramona taking a few whacks at her! Dorinda had me in stitches! Sonja's totally living on another planet in her own reality unable to see the harm of her constant gossiping and making up $#!t! ;-)

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Jel said:

You think? I get the impression that he genuinely loves her.

You could be right.  He does seem like he cares for her but I've never gotten the feeling that there was much depth to it.  Plus, he looks like he smells of old school machismo.  But I'm basing that on a small on-screen presence.   

• Love 4

My sister, her husband and my brother have all ran lots of marathons.  I feel bad I have never given them a party, let alone a theme party.  But, if I had, it would have been a buffet like all of our family get togethers.  And my sister would have to  bake her own cake, because she is the baker in the family.  No way I could compete with her with a box of Duncan Hines.

Agree that the party outfits were ugly. Especially Carol's.  And what is up with Lu Ann's braids.  I read today that she smokes pot.  Maybe the braids are part of her new hippie life style.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I can't believe I used to be a fan of Sonja's.  She is a total delusional ass hole now days.

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

So Carole ran the marathon.  Does she expect everyone to kiss her ring?  Bethenny helped the flood victims in Puerto Rico.  Did anyone give her a party?

Just to be clear, Carole never seriously asked for the party, and of course Ramona saw it as an opportunity to find a storyline and told Carole she had already planned one.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

This makes me wish Kyle could spend a season with the NYC ladies and really get to sharpen her claws.  It's hard to gain much traction with the BH ladies, sometimes, and I think Kyle's inner mean girl suffers for it.  

Yeah, a reunion of sorts.  Harken back to the pre-surgery days.

kyle and bethenny.png

• Love 20

Oh my God. Sonja,  is such trash. Don't repeat rumours, miss I plant stories in Page Six said this shit? She's awful. 

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Is Sonja wearing the same red dress that “accidentally” came off when she was at Lu’s Cabaret act? 

Sonja is working hard to secure her Apple for next season. 

She needs to invest in a better makeup team then. She looks awful

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Carole took a page out of Aviva's book (ha-ha - unintentional play on words there for "writergirl"....) - I think Carole wanted a Welcome banner and a band playing for her!  

I was thinking the same thing.  Memories of Aviva arriving in St.  Barthes. 

What the heck did Carole want?  What do you want a marathon themed party to encompass?   Running shoes on the table with empty cups?  I'm at a total loss and I'm pretty good at a theme party. 

• Love 24
44 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Why does Sonja remind me of Lola from Barry Manilow's song "Copacabana"?  I can totally picture her, sitting in the corner, "in the dress she used to wear, faded feathers in her hair, and drinks herself half-blind".

i hear ZZTop for Sonja '1930s movie star/with a long forgotten name/ she was a sexy mess in her beaded dress/still hanging onto fame" from Going Down to Mexico

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh my God. Sonja,  is such trash. Don't repeat rumours, miss I plant stories in Page Six said this shit? She's awful. 

The intern she makes use printer #3 probably does it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Funny I was thinking she was made up for viewing in a casket with the white powder and really red lip; AWFUL! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Ramona isn’t one to tap her own horn.  She’s so fun.

My captions said "tout my own horn," which sounded very Ramonaesque.

1 hour ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I loved Bethenny's take down of Ramona's glasses. Even better was Ramona taking it in stride.

I noticed that somebody held out a plate for Bethenny to put the burning check on, and Ramona looked crazed, like people were assaulting her tableware left and right.

1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

Luann’s “ohhhh” after Bethenny said yeah THIS is the guy made the episode for me.

I'm not totally up on the back story.  Was that an honest mistake by Luann, or did she know he was the guy she was talking about at the reunion?

And in that vein, Dorinda walking up right when Ramona said to those people, "Dorinda said..."  I almost had a vicarious panic attack.

1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

Since I am coming off of Beverly Hills, I appreciate some of the ladies just looking casual and not having their possible glam squads make them up for every breakfast/lunch/dinner/drinks/whatever.

And how many times have we seen that gray sweater on Dorinda?  It looks like wool, and all I can think of it how scratchy it would be on her neck, but she sure seems to like it.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I hope Carol was being funny about her outfit. It was sold in hot topic 15 years ago. 

It's a no win situation with our generation! On one side there are the folks who think we need to stay in our lane and not wear stuff "too young" for us! If we wear something that does date us, we're slammed for that! I'm gonna stick to short "shorts" for as long as the skin stays firm! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Fiero425 said:

It's a no win situation with our generation! On one side there are the folks who think we need to stay in our lane and not wear stuff "too young" for us! If we wear something that does date us, we're slammed for that! I'm gonna stick to "shorts" for as long as the skin stays firm! ;-)

I'm 45. It's not cutting age fashion,  like she said. It was in hot topic 15 years ago for fs sake. So I hope what she said was a joke.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Bethenny was the star of this episode for me. Loved her snarking on the ugly outfits, including her own; snarking on Ramona's house which badly needs a facelift (as someone pointed out here, Bethenny's newly purchased house is more updated than Moaner's); snarking on Ramona's fugly glasses (and I have similar ones in my home that belonged to my husband's grandmother. I have managed to move them from the china cabinet to a cupboard without him noticing - I hate them - lol); and best of all, Bethenny burning the cheque. I also loved that she called Luann on her "innocent" questions to Dennis, and got an apology from Lu, however insincere it might be. 

I have been a Carol fan in the past, but she is just a bitter hag this season. Trying to hold on to her apple? Complaining that there was no marathon memorabilia at the party? Even the cake wasn't good enough. Sheesh. 

I agree with all.  IMO, Bethenny IS the show.  Her quick comments are hilarious every time.  Tonight was a hoot.  No other show can compare.  I just love them.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm not totally up on the back story.  Was that an honest mistake by Luann, or did she know he was the guy she was talking about at the reunion?

And in that vein, Dorinda walking up right when Ramona said to those people, "Dorinda said..."  I almost had a vicarious panic attack.

Oh lord, this was the EPITOME of Lu's narcissism. She really did NOT get/care/consider/know/remember anything about whoever the fck Bethenny is with, because it isn't about HER. Even though she claimed to know everything and took it to the reunion as ammo that long long night with the phonecalls and the living with his exwife etc. So...'ooooooh' indeed, Lu. She cracks me up just for being so unreconstructedly self obsessed.

• Love 17

This may sound petty, but I don't care. I really wish they would not have have scary Sonja TH any longer. It creeps me out every time I see it. Asked in a very sarcastic tone; if her marriage was sooooo beautiful, why did they get a divorce? 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

What da fuq is Ramona wearing?

What da fuq are they all wearing??? is this like a who can wear the most hideous outfit party? Omg I'm only 20 mins in and I have to pause it to catch my breath. I can't stop laughing. It's reminding me of the mad hatter party.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Why does Sonja remind me of Lola from Barry Manilow's song "Copacabana"?  I can totally picture her, sitting in the corner, "in the dress she used to wear, faded feathers in her hair, and drinks herself half-blind".

Yes she is totally Lola!! lol

• Love 6
Just now, ShawnaLanne said:

The shit with Tinsley and Sonja. Sonja is such a c you next Tuesday. They need to fire her ass. 

I said ages ago Sonja needed to be jettisoned with her imaginary life and harking back to a better time partying with "John John!" Carole got her to stop invoking his name so casually! I don't like drunks and Sonja's the epitome of a lush; pouring pitchers of margaritas down her throat! The excuse of "I'm on vacation" didn't impress me back in college and it really grosses me out with this bag of bones! I can excuse a lot, but the vicious rants about Tins just went too far! She's delusional in so many ways! ;-(

• Love 4

Sonja is a complete POS!  She’s so insecure and delusional! She needs to be replaced on the show.  

I didn’t think that I could love Dorinda more than I do but, saying “Liar Liar Ho on Fire” to Sonja did it for me! Dorinda is my absolute favorite! 

I’m not a Carole fan but, when Sonja walked in and Carole said “she looks normal from the outside” made me laugh! 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Kaia40 said:

Sonja is a complete POS!  She’s so insecure and delusional! She needs to be replaced on the show.  

I didn’t think that I could love Dorinda more than I do but, saying “Liar Liar Ho on Fire” to Sonja did it for me! Dorinda is my absolute favorite! 

I’m not a Carole fan but, when Sonja walked in and Carole said “she looks normal from the outside” made me laugh! 

Dorinda and Carole like to "keep it real" while Sonja goes "haywire" in her head where synapses aren't firing properly! ;-)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Steph J said:

I'm just saying that someone needing to talk about a loved one who has passed away is understandable.

That's what therapists are for.

Edited by lcarolynl
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I was really underwhelmed by Dennis.

He just doesn't seem very bright.

His story about how he shaved his hair off on a bet and it never grew back?!  I don't think hair 'works' like that, Charlie Brown.

Either he really isn't very bright and believes that - or he's borrowing a page from Bethenny's book and stretching the truth.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

What you don't approve of the Sonja Morgue-an Internationally branded Lipstick?

Omg! I couldn't figure out her new TH look until you said that! I figured it out. Money is tight and Sonja has had to ditch her regular makeup people and hire one from the local mortuary. That's it. Thank you. 

• Love 12