Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: Ronan Farrow, Ross Douthat, Ian Bremmer, Ana Marie Cox, and John Podhoretz

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Paws said:

I dont even care about those other shows; THIS is the show I watch and I get so bothered by the disparity that  I cant enjoy the show.

Perhaps it's a shortage of women who want to be on the same stage as Bill Maher, noted horndog.  

• Love 1

I can't find any evidence on IMDB that this happened, but I remember watching an episode of Politically Incorrect in the mid '90s or so, when it was still on Comedy Central, with a panel composed entirely of women.  I seem to recall Janeane Garofalo being one of them.  Anyhow, Bill actually said that if he was out with a funny woman, he would "lose his woody." (Sorry for putting that image in your minds.)  He had no compunctions about telling women they weren't allowed to be funny right to their faces.

• Love 1
On 4/30/2018 at 3:13 PM, Maherjunkie said:

The joke may have been crude but Mia is the one who made her son's paternity an issue-with the widow still alive.

That was my big issue with that as well. Even if this affair happened, Barbara Marx was still alive when Mia started talking about this, and Frank would have been married to her at the time of the affair. Very disrespectful. (Yes, I know he cheated on AT LEAST his first two wives, but I could believe he was faithful to Barbara.) 

(And for the record, I never bought that Frank is his father anyway--when you put him and Mia side by side, they looked like brother and sister. I think Ronan just bears a STRONG resemblance to his mom, especially in the eyes, and Mia was using wish fulfillment because of Woody.)

But I'm getting off topic, so I'll stop now.

• Love 3