Type keyword(s) to search

Deadly Class - General Discussion

• Start Topic

@ElectricBoogaloo, thanks for the videos.  I've been wondering whether the comics "Graphic Novels" are still available and appreciate your link to them.   I listen to the three podcasts devoted to Deadly Class.  The funniest one is "Deadly Cast",  they had this hilarious debate whether Marcus is better off with Maria or Saya.  FYI: Two were for Marcus with Maria, while one thought Marcus and Saya should be OTP.  It's a pretty explicit podcast so YMMV.

Edited by Jacks-Son
Used "Comics" instead of the appropriate "Graphic Novel"

Master Lin: To care for another human is to create your own greatest weakness. If you love someone enough to die for them, then you surely will.

Marcus: If you're not fighting for an ideal then you're just fighting for yourself.

Willie: We ain't no damn SWAT team!
Marcus: No, we're better trained.

Willie: There are many causes I'd die for. There ain't a single cause I'd kill for.

Marcus: Maybe pretending to be a hero is better than accepting that you're not one.

Saya: If we get some C4-
Billy: Yeah, they sell that at Cost Co, right? Next to the big bags of popcorn.

Petra: Probably not all mall Santas are pedophiles but the percentages have got to be high, right?

Willie: Flaky Flix is the best cookie. They got fudge, wafer, cornflakes.
Gabrielle: Damn, you're so ill-informed. Keebler.
Willie: Keebler?
Gabrielle: Keebler.
Willie: The shit the little white gnomes be making?

Billy: Every great man has been hobbled by diarrhea - Genghis Khan, JFK, Gary Coleman.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Theoretically I understand Lex not wanting to get involved since this isn't his fight, but Willie? I get that Willie doesn't want to kill anyone, but is he okay with standing by and watching Marcus et al get murdered by Chester? Or does he think that the police will arrest Chester, find enough evidence to convict him, and send him to jail? I'm not saying that everyone should become a vigilante, but Chester poses a serious threat. He has flat out said that he's going to kill Marcus but apparently Willie thinks that the only possible choice to stand idly by.

I hate that the show is doubling down on the love triangle with Marcus, Saya, and Maria. I liked the friendship between Saya and Maria so I hate that it's being destroyed for any reason, let alone a boy.

People always ask when there's any kind of RIP/in memory announcement so: Steve Soto  was a founding member of the Adolescents (the band that was playing at the bar that Marcus, Saya, Lex, and Petra went to) as well as several other bands including Agent Orange.

I mean, we cant go kill serial killers now Marcus, The Adolescents are playing! Dont be ridiculous. 

Oh, that was nasty. Even on this show, that toilet failure was super, super gross. Should have drawn the annoying kid the picture, dude. All his friends showing up and laughing at him just adds insult to injury. 

I mean, I get that Willie never wants to kill people, but how long can he keep this up? Even if he hightails it with his new girlfriend (who I still think could be a plant) its not like the school would just be cool with him dropping out. 

Of course Lims wife is also a total badass, it sucks that she died. Damn, this is gonna get wild.

13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I hate that the show is doubling down on the love triangle with Marcus, Saya, and Maria. I liked the friendship between Saya and Maria so I hate that it's being destroyed for any reason, let alone a boy.

I also like the friendship between Maria and Saya but Maria is not making it easy while she's off her meds.

I actually think the friendship between Saya and Maria can survive this "betrayal" once Maria is made to realize that Marcus is just not into her and that she's become like Chico with regards to her treatment of Marcus and that her feelings for Marcus are making her weak, if she buys into Lin's theory of the failures of past assassins.  Maria already suspected that Saya was envious and jealous of her relationship with Marcus. Maria may really love Marcus but right now, she is too controlling.  She has never stopped to ask him how he feels about her and how he feels about Saya. They simply don't talk and she's too manipulative.  Her "I don't want to be alone tonight" <eyelashes fluttering> is blatant manipulation and she seems to enjoy leading the romantically naive Marcus around. Don't get me wrong, I think Maria is awesome, but constantly being under Chico's thumb, poisoned her.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Of course Lims wife is also a total badass, it sucks that she died. Damn, this is gonna get wild.

Badass is an understatement.  She deliberately stood up in the path of the bullet to protect her daughter.

Really liked the scene of Marcus waking up in the park the morning after and dashing through the streets while imagining how fucked up he is as Maria's boyfriend and imagining that he pulled a Billie and told Saya that he loved her.

Edited by Jacks-Son
Final comment about a scene.
  • Love 1

Does anyone have a solid grasp of what Lin meant when he told El Diablo that he didn’t tell him about Maria because he was still grieving? Did Lin reveal what Marcus told him? Or was that more BS?  I don’t think he was implying that Maria was involved in Chico’s death, at least I hope not.

I didn't really like the direction the show is taking. It is being weird for the sake of being weird. We are also losing characters that have lots of potential, but their deaths have no meaning because we didn't learn enough about them.

Wasn't that supposed to be Shabnam's house, it didn't look like anybody wealthy would live in that house. The kids should have recruited Shabnam to bankroll the raid since I think they were holding Shabnam's parents hostage. Not sure how much the kids learned in school since they seeming to be owned by the fighting hillbillies.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:01 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Does anyone have a solid grasp of what Lin meant when he told El Diablo that he didn’t tell him about Maria because he was still grieving? Did Lin reveal what Marcus told him? Or was that more BS?  I don’t think he was implying that Maria was involved in Chico’s death, at least I hope not.

Gao had already told El Diablo that Maria was the one who killed Chico at that point. Either right after she evaded Lin's trap or earlier. That's why El Diablo and his men were at Lin's house, when only she knew how to find it and that his family were still alive (hence Lin ordering Saya to guard it while he tried to oust her in case Gao would try something), and Lin told El Diablo that Gao could not be trusted. Lin said that he didn't tell him about Maria because he didn't want El Diablo to have to kill his own surrogate daughter to avenge his son, and that he would eventually have taken care of it himself. Which may or many not be BS.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 2

S1.E10

Lex: You smell like a turd fucked an oyster.
Saya: We've got bigger problems than Pepe Le Pew.

Marcus: This is what we were trained to do, to take down a rabid animal, a bully like the piece of shit inside that house. Look I can't promise that no one's going to die but we're making the world safer, protecting a friend.
Saya: "I can't promise no one's going to die"? Thank you for the de-motivational speech, coach.

Marcus: You want to take a break and have a hug?

Lex wasn't my favorite character, but I was sad to see him get shot!

Conversely, I was totally fine with Chester getting attacked by one of the poor dogs he was abusing.

Of all the people in the gang, Saya is not the one I would have guessed would leave.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Gao had already told El Diablo that Maria was the one who killed Chico at that point. Either right after she evaded Lin's trap or earlier.

I don't recall such a conversation and I wish I had, I would love to have seen El Diablo and his serial killer son's reaction. I don't know who could have told Gao, no one at the school, besides the Scoobies knew. Even nosy ass Shabnam couldn't say for sure and the only other possibilities are Viktor or Brandy, who I'm actually starting to like.  (She's deceptively badass and smart and I can see Willie hitting that, other than being a Nazi, that girl has it going on.)  I know El Diablo's other son was smacking his lips to get a chance to go after Maria.  I hope he does try and gets a "Chico Shave".  I started watching Ep: #10 but that shit was so whack it needs my full concentration, so, it gets a full watch tomorrow.  Last I saw, Marcus was going to fucking town with that homemade Mace-Bat and Maria came up upon Saya about to get her head cut off and Maria said, "You fucked him, didn't you?"  I cut the playback at that point because the next scenes would be so delicious it needs all my attention.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1

The show made the male students look like they were all talk and no action. Other than Marcus's brilliant run with the bat, they showed almost no skills at all. The female students are great at fighting each other and rubbish at fighting anybody else. I wish they hadn't killed the characters they did or taken the storyline down the path they did, because it seems like they totally destroyed the learning to be assassins in school storyline, which was already underdeveloped this season due to all the extracurricular "stupid" antics going on outside of the school. I was more interested in how the school was run and what types of organizations might be interested in the graduates, which I think should have been the main focus of the first season.

• Love 2

Lex! No! What a crappy way to get taken out, by some other random subplot he had nothing to do with! I guess it would be weird if no major characters died in this show with so many killers, but that sucks! He never even got to have that three way!

I was disappointed that the finale didnt focus on the school, as its the most interesting thing about the show, but I am glad the Chester stuff is done. And that he got taken out by one of the dogs he abused. Poetic justice. 

Hate that Maria and Saya have friend broken up. 

Is this the origin story of Lins daughter?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1
On 3/21/2019 at 9:28 AM, Jacks-Son said:

I don't recall such a conversation and I wish I had, I would love to have seen El Diablo and his serial killer son's reaction. I don't know who could have told Gao, no one at the school, besides the Scoobies knew.

It was offscreen. That's why I said it wasn't clear whether she told El Diablo right after she escaped Lin, or earlier. Gao figured out in "The Clampdown" that Maria must have killed both Chico and Yukio, remember; that's why she was going to have her gotten rid of. And El Diablo already found Maria's behavior suspicious. Of course, it's possible Gao found confirmation in Marcus's notebook that Shabnam stole and put back; we never saw exactly what he showed her.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness

Finally saw the season finale, and I was impressed by the writing, performances, and coordinated action scenes.  It was all-out "Fargin" War ("Johnny Dangerously").  Hated the reason and decision for the Maria/Saya fight and was sad that both of them decided that everything was no longer worth it.

Kudos to the writers for living up to the season finale hype and hoopla.  It was glorious.  I look forward to Season 2.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Ugh, she looks like cotton candy.  I prefer to see her in her “Deadly Class” leather jacket.

Considering what the Met Gala is generally and that the theme was "Camp", I enjoy the look.  But yes, I like her 80s biker punk look better.