Type keyword(s) to search

Parking Wars - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Heh.  The episode with "Mr. Perfect" ticketing the guy for "commercial equipment on the street" is on right now.  I hope the citizen went to fight that BS ticket.  There's a world of difference between commercial equipment and the stuff that guy had on his personal trailer.  Mr. Perfect is an idiot.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Heh.  The episode with "Mr. Perfect" ticketing the guy for "commercial equipment on the street" is on right now.  I hope the citizen went to fight that BS ticket.  There's a world of difference between commercial equipment and the stuff that guy had on his personal trailer.  Mr. Perfect is an idiot.

I wondered about that issue. Just because the guy personally owns the trailer, does that mean it is no longer commercial property? What makes property commercial? The ownership or the property type itself? The guy looked like he was going to bust a blood vessel screaming at Mr. Perfect.

If the law is that you cannot park trailers on residential streets, I think Perfect wrote a good ticket-- from his point of view-- since what he saw was a work truck on a residential street. There were a couple of windows on the trailer which made it look like the homeowner was having windows installed, further telling Perfect that this was a work vehicle. But I don't know how that stuff is classified. Where is a company putting in windows or doing other work on a home supposed to put a huge work trailer if they are not allowed on the street. 

• Love 1

See, I think that particular ordinance was written so companies wouldn't just think they could park large commercial items (backhoes, loaders, tractor trailers , etc.) on the street and leave them unattended.  It should be up to an enforcement officer to see the difference between that scenario and a citizen actively working on a house renovation and installing residential windows.  And yes, that poor guy was nearly stroking out after that ticket.  Can't say I blame him.  I really hate seeing parking enforcement ride down quiet residential streets just looking to write tickets.  I feel they should focus their efforts on commercial districts or locations where parking is scarce.

The other ones that piss me off in Detroit?  When they put those TINY signs out for "street cleaning" and then show up at 8am to start ticketing people who haven't moved.  Who can see those signs?! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I wondered about that issue. Just because the guy personally owns the trailer, does that mean it is no longer commercial property? What makes property commercial? The ownership or the property type itself? The guy looked like he was going to bust a blood vessel screaming at Mr. Perfect.

If the law is that you cannot park trailers on residential streets, I think Perfect wrote a good ticket-- from his point of view-- since what he saw was a work truck on a residential street. There were a couple of windows on the trailer which made it look like the homeowner was having windows installed, further telling Perfect that this was a work vehicle. But I don't know how that stuff is classified. Where is a company putting in windows or doing other work on a home supposed to put a huge work trailer if they are not allowed on the street. 

In AZ trailers have to be registered just like motor vehicles.  Depending on the weight, they are registered as either commercial or noncommercial.  The registration can be changed from commercial to noncommercial if the trailer is truly noncommercial and below a 10,000 pound GVW.  My money is on Perfect for calling this one correctly.

• Love 2
On 5/14/2018 at 2:42 PM, configdotsys said:

I was irritated by the guy who was so willing to spend 10 minutes whining like a baby at Marilyn for giving him a ticket and taking food or diapers away from his baby but was too much of a wuss to have his face shown on TV.

Thanks AZ. I did not know what MFW means either.

I’m watching this episode now, and I still get the same rage watching this jackass bitch and moan and Marilyn and laying a guilt trip on her. It clearly upset her. I wish she had snapped back at him that her job is how she feeds HER kids and she’s not going to put it at risk by not doing her job and writing tickets for cars parked in front of fire hydrants. I never understood how anyone could try to argue down that violation in any way ?

• Love 2

Marilyn annoyed the crap out of me with her tears. WTF is she crying about? Feeling bad because she had to give the give a ticket?? "How is he going to feed his children?" Won't someone think of the children!! Girl bye. Performances like that are exactly why men think they schmooze their way out of things w women.

Gimme a damn break. 

In the words of one of my uncles "drive according to your money". Can't afford a ticket? Then don't get one.

• Love 4

Looks like no more Parking Wars repeats weekday mornings at 6 Central on A&E - I just tuned in to watch and it’s now Live PD: Rewind. Checked my channel guide and I see this going on at least for the next two weeks. Bummer - I like Live PD but Parking Wars was part of my morning routine!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kazzy25 said:

Looks like no more Parking Wars repeats weekday mornings at 6 Central on A&E - I just tuned in to watch and it’s now Live PD: Rewind. Checked my channel guide and I see this going on at least for the next two weeks. Bummer - I like Live PD but Parking Wars was part of my morning routine!

Bummer! I wonder what was up with the commercials saying "It's back. Stay tuned" that another poster mentioned here. 

• Love 1

FYI has afternoon/evening marathons of Parking Wars every week or so, but the days vary, they usually start at 4 p.m. central.    And once a month or so A & E will have a few reruns on early mornings, say 6 a.m. central/7 eastern.      I don't think A & E has marathons in the morning any more, but it's hard to keep up with the various channels specials.  

I have to laugh at the number of people who register a car in a relative's name, and then it gets booted and towed, because the relative has a bunch of tickets from all of the fleet of vehicles they're  registered owners of.  

They reran the 10 best boots, including the number one, the lady who ripped her car to pieces driving away with a boot, in the original Garfield episode so many years ago.   And the other person who bashed at least three other people's vehicles, and the boot van, bashing his way out of the parking space, and hurting his car with the boot.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They reran the 10 best boots, including the number one, the lady who ripped her car to pieces driving away with a boot, in the original Garfield episode so many years ago.   

Check out my avatar. :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love it!    That woman certainly was a character.  

Oveda! Get my keys, Oveda!

I have my DVR set to record PW because I want to get back the original pilot episode which is what that encounter was from. It was recorded 10 years before the show went on the air. Garfield had hair! Richie B, with the hair's father is in the pilot and there's a few others that can be recognized from the pilot in the episodes. That pilot was really good but they have not aired it in forever. Someday I hope to get it back! 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the Top 10 Boots with the rabid lady in the red car, and the bumper car guy are as close as we're going to get to the pilot episode.     Seeing Garfield with all of that hair was so cute!

Oh I hope not. They used to air it among the episodes. If my DVR did not die I'd still have it.... sigh.

• Love 1

Hey all, very enthused to find this forum! Wanted to inform everyone that has Roku, all seasons of "Parking Wars" are available to watch for free on the Roku channel 😊

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I miss this show too.  I can't believe people actually wrote the Philadelphia tourist board to say they weren't going to vacation there because of how the show portrayed the PPA.  Sheesh.  Reality check - 99% of the people who are going to visit the place most likely have never seen a cable tv show about parking authorities.  Heck, if I was planning a vacation up there, I would seek out the city just to see if I could see the people or see the filming.  

Anyway, with the comments above about "its coming back," I started googling.  Didn't find anything on that, but this article was pretty interesting.  15 Things A&E didn't Tell Us  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/7/2020 at 6:50 PM, Z-MAN said:

Hey all, very enthused to find this forum! Wanted to inform everyone that has Roku, all seasons of "Parking Wars" are available to watch for free on the Roku channel 😊

Also found it yesterday on Amazon Prime!

• Love 2

So people didn't want to visit Philadelphia because they didn't like the fact that their cars might be ticketed and towed?  Do they think they'd be treated any differently in New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco or Los Angeles if they parked illegally?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Tonight on FYI network 8 to 9 pm Central (Friday the 17th) is 10 most outrageous encounters for Philadelphia, called Furious Faceoffs. 

I'm hoping they'll have my favorites, Ovetta get me the keys, where the woman drives off with a boot on her tire, and rips the daylights out of the car, and the one where the man didn't have the boot on yet, and rammed out of the parking space hitting other people's cars, the booting van, and runs a red light.    However, if it's different clips, I'll still love it. 

#10 angry man being booted, which is the same as every episode.  But this one is threatening to get a stick and go after the boot crew.  

#9-Rookie's nightmare, new guy that looks like Richie B or D, or whatever it is.  Double parking. The woman owns a flower shop, and thinks she should be able to double park, so she screams at the meter man.

#8-Yolanda at the impound lot, the man who has a pacemaker, adn defibrillator, and keeps screaming at everyone.   His license plate disappreared sometime between the tow and the lot.  

#7-Sherry and Garfield, It's a man who just bought an unbootable car.  Maybe he should have registered the car, because the tickets are on the previous owner's license plate which is still on the car. Owner is talking about getting tools and taking the boot off.   The man drives off ripping up his car.   

#6-Car is running, unattended, in front of a fire hydrant, in a no stopping area right under the sign. 

#5-The downtown Philadephia night time boot, where the man comes back before the boots secure, gets in his car, and drives off anyway smashing at least two civilian cars, the booting van, keeps going back and forth, runs a red light with his headlights off.  

#4-Tickets outside the hogie shop, and people claim they're worth the price of the sandwich plus the ticket.  Woman parks on the corner, and gets tickets all of the time.  They're said to have the best hogies in the city. A passing driver is screaming at the ticket writer from across the street from her car. 

#3-Impound lot, Michael the frequent flier at the impound lot, with expired insurance.   Michael was back two months later, second time suspended license. 

#2-Broken meter, and man is screaming about it, 

#1-My favorite and yours!   "Oveda get my keys" , the woman who jumps in her booted red car, the boot was firly attached, but not with the big outside yellow part, after shoving Garfield out of the way, and goes blasting away with the boot on her red car.     I'm guessing the car was torn apart, and that's why they never caught up to her.   Garfield was teamed with a man, and this was the pilot episode. 

Sherry and Garfield were certainly the celebrities.   By the way Sherry works for another city agency, and Garfield retired. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I loved this show. Even though it's cancelled it was great entertainment. It brought back lots of memories for me. I grew up outside Cleveland Ohio for my childhood/teenage years. Detroit and Philly look exactly like Cleveland. The people, the houses, the businesses, the cars. The attitudes. 😊

• Love 2
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Tonight on FYI network 8 to 9 pm Central (Friday the 17th) is 10 most outrageous encounters for Philadelphia, called Furious Faceoffs. 

I'm hoping they'll have my favorites, Ovetta get me the keys, where the woman drives off with a boot on her tire, and rips the daylights out of the car, and the one where the man didn't have the boot on yet, and rammed out of the parking space hitting other people's cars, the booting van, and runs a red light.    However, if it's different clips, I'll still love it. 

My avatar is waving at you.  "Get my keys Oveda!" Love it!

I saw this episode many years ago and was lucky enough to DVR it but that DVR is long gone. I bought every season of this show on Apple TV and unfortunately that ep was not included. I missed this message so hopefully they will run it again somewhere and I'll get it.

I loved the furious guy that dropped a wad of cash on the stairs and said, "I make your paycheck in a day, bitch" to Garfield and Sherry. So many great ones. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

#1 with the Ovetta episode, and #5 with the man trashing his car, and three others to get out of the parking space, and avoid a boot is are my two favorites.  

It was pure chance that I noticed the FYI marathon, and the one hour block for the 10 most outrageous.    If they showed it once, they'll show it again.     It's listed as Season 5 Episode 7, "Furious Face Offs".   

It's on Youtube too:    

It was originally on A&E which is part of the FYI group.   There are often marathons of PW on A&E in the mornings too, so you might catch it there. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1