Type keyword(s) to search

Parking Wars - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Watched the episode today with the furious guy in shorts yelling at Garfield and Sherry after having his "I just purchased the vehicle" booted:

"I make your paycheck in a day, bitch."

"I'll beat the fuck out of both y'all."

I wish this show was still on.

• Love 2

I am waiting patiently for the morning episodes that air to have the Lost Pilot, hour long show. It was made nearly 10 years before Parking Wars came on TV. Garfield had hair! There were a few others in that pilot that you see in the episodes and they look a lot older.

The best character was the woman pushing Garfield, yelling, "Get my keys, Oveda!" and saying, "I don't care," when they tell her she's tearing up her car by trying to drive off with the boot on. She got away and Oveda was cracking up laughing sitting on the stoop. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

That was the first one I saw. I always wonder what the crews are doing now.

Last year i was in Philly and i saw "Hairspray' in City Center still ticketing. I was too shy to ask for an autograph.

Now last week i did witness a guy who was towed by LaRosa towing getting yet another ticket in the Brooklyn.  Still too shy to ask for a pic.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Last year i was in Philly and i saw "Hairspray' in City Center still ticketing. I was too shy to ask for an autograph.

Now last week i did witness a guy who was towed by LaRosa towing getting yet another ticket in the Brooklyn.  Still too shy to ask for a pic.

That is so weird! LaRosa is in the Bronx. They had a long ride to their yard if they were towing here!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

That is so weird! LaRosa is in the Bronx. They had a long ride to their yard if they were towing here!

That was badly worded. I spotted the box truck driver in Brooklyn getting a ticket. If I had spotted any of the guys from LaRosa towing I would have said hello.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

That was badly worded. I spotted the box truck driver in Brooklyn getting a ticket. If I had spotted any of the guys from LaRosa towing I would have said hello.

Nope. I read it badly! Just re-read it and it makes perfect sense. I'm so excited that they created this forum and in my giddiness, I did not read what you actually wrote. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

Can you imagine expmaining this to the insurance or trading this in?

Looks worthy of a Farmer's commercial: "Yep, we covered it. We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two."

• Love 8

I do too.  But I think the city of Philadelphia HATED the show and stopped the PPA from participating.  They thought it was bad for tourism. (Ya think?!?)  Speaking as someone who lives in Philly, I can confirm that the PPA is the devil.  

I think my favorite ep may be the one where Hawk's guy had to call for backup due to the ferocious, pregnant woman.  She was a whole 'nother level of crazy.  

• Love 3

Not sure if anyone has heard but A&E has been playing commercials saying “Parking Wars is back,with all of your favorite Officers!) 

But the commercial doesn’t give a Date or Time. Just “Coming soon!”

Anyone have more information? Missed this show!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Not sure if anyone has heard but A&E has been playing commercials saying “Parking Wars is back,with all of your favorite Officers!) 

But the commercial doesn’t give a Date or Time. Just “Coming soon!”

Anyone have more information? Missed this show!

Oh please be new shows! Thank you for posting this! I hope it's not just the previous version getting a daily slot on the channel. Is it still on every morning at 7 and 7:30 EST?

• Love 2

I watch all the re-runs every morning before work...freaking love Parking Wars! I’d be so down for new episodes. Love this show.

BTW, I love Sherry and Garfield. And Sonjia is my favorite Detroit booter.

• Love 2

I'm sad that I don't have cable anymore.  I miss watching this show so much! It taught me to never leave my vehicle registration in my car just in case it ever gets towed.  The hell people had to routinely go through to get access to their car.  There were so many great moments, this one isn't even near the best one, but I will always remember one episode where this woman was trying to get her car back and all her paperwork had her maiden name on it. I guess the vehicle was registered in her husbands name.  The clerk gave her so much grief for not taking her husbands last name because god forbid a woman might want to keep her own last name.  I always went back and forth on who was the bigger ass in the situation in each episode.  Most of the time I sided with the clerks because I could not deal with all those crazies everyday.

• Love 1

A lot of them are gone. Dave, one of the frequently shown tow truck drivers is gone from the PPA, there were several deaths: Martin, the tow truck driver in the first season, Nick Rod, one of the impound lot workers, and Mark Vodopija, the young, blond lot officer. I don't think Philly would allow them to film again anyway. I was thinking they either meant they would be showing the old seasons in prime time, or will head back to Detroit and we'll get that bunch. I didn't care much for the Providence and Long Island crews.

Hard to decipher the "your favorite characters" line because I'd say 99% of people would call Garfield and Sherry their favorites and they've been gone a while. I hope we get more info soon.

There is a misleading Facebook page dedicated to Sherry and Garfield. In one of the posts, the person says something about "Sherry and I" but in the About section of the page it says "I'm not either of them, just a big fan." If you don't look at the About page, you will think you are getting replies from the real Sherry and Garfield. The page owner is not doing anything to correct that possible misunderstanding.

Edited by configdotsys
added something
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I've talked with Garfield on Facebook a few times. He loves being recognized from the show. 

Hopefully it's not "Sherry and Garfield from Parking Wars." 

He always seemed like such a nice, chill guy. 

• Love 1

No

41 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Hopefully it's not "Sherry and Garfield from Parking Wars." 

He always seemed like such a nice, chill guy. 

No, it was on his personal Facebook page. He's a really good guy and he's a cat lover so that makes him even better in my eyes. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Maharincess said:

No

No, it was on his personal Facebook page. He's a really good guy and he's a cat lover so that makes him even better in my eyes. 

Absolutely! I thought it was the greatest thing that he carried cat food in the truck and fed strays. 

• Love 2

Sherry and Garfield were my absolute faves on the show but damned if Sherry didn't get on my nerves!  The woman never got out of that damn van. There was an episode where the battery died in the van and Garfield wanted to move the van out of the road, she refused to help him out. When Garfield helped a motorist stuck on the highway, she did not get out of the van.  When two kids popped out of the trunk of a car and Garfield went to look for the parents, the woman would not get out of that seat!

• Love 3

So I’m watching one that aired yesterday with 18 year old Amanda who is trying to get her car out of the impound lot. She’s blaming everyone but herself and she’s a total brat! Ugh, so entitled. She wanted the PPA to do everything for her, including calling her insurance company.

• Love 1
On 4/29/2018 at 5:52 PM, configdotsys said:

I don't think Philly would allow them to film again anyway. I was thinking they either meant they would be showing the old seasons in prime time, or will head back to Detroit and we'll get that bunch. I didn't care much for the Providence and Long Island crews.

I wouldn't mind Detroit again as long as Courtney isn't featured.  Girlfriend had the wrong type of temperament for that job.  She was way too quick to squabble with car owners who were already angry and she only aggravated already tense situations.  Sonja and Rodney were much better at diffusing emotional  booting bombs.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I wouldn't mind Detroit again as long as Courtney isn't featured.  Girlfriend had the wrong type of temperament for that job.  She was way too quick to squabble with car owners who were already angry and she only aggravated already tense situations.  Sonja and Rodney were much better at diffusing emotional  booting bombs.

Courtney. Sigh.

If ever there was a person in the universe that worked my nerves that lady was it. Nasty is not the word to describe her. She had far too much attitude and dare I say hood in her to have a job that involves working with the public.  I fast forward any episode she's in. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Kazzy25 said:

So I’m watching one that aired yesterday with 18 year old Amanda who is trying to get her car out of the impound lot. She’s blaming everyone but herself and she’s a total brat! Ugh, so entitled. She wanted the PPA to do everything for her, including calling her insurance company.

I remember her. I wanted to reach through my TV answer smack the shit out of that brat. 

• Love 2

There was a conversation on some other site (I can't remember which one) in which there was an entire thread dedicated to Amanda the super bitch. She was tied with that entitled bitch who had her car towed because a valet parked it in a bad spot. She said "Don't give me attitude, dude," to the impound guy and he had been nice the whole time. Another winner was Valerie, who kept screeching about getting towed but was unable to produce current registration. Her genius husband went home to get it but came back with the application, not the insurance.  

• Love 2
On 5/2/2018 at 12:32 PM, Brooklynista said:

Courtney. Sigh.

If ever there was a person in the universe that worked my nerves that lady was it. Nasty is not the word to describe her. She had far too much attitude and dare I say hood in her to have a job that involves working with the public.  I fast forward any episode she's in. 

Courtney was such a nasty person. I get that they probably take a lot of crap on their job but she was just nasty to people when it wasn't even necessary. I loved Rodney. Even the gal that was paired with Courtney was okay. Sonja was great but a real goody-goody. A genuine one though, for sure. I got tired of the Ponytail show after a while.

It would be interesting to see a follow up with Where are they now? so we would have an idea of who still works for the PPA and if they've moved in different departments or became supervisors or what. I don't really care as much to know whatever happened to the workers in other cities.  I thought Brian was hamming it up for the camera. I couldn't stand Jennifer, the one that worked with Mike (they were chased by that guy with the rake). Her laugh was so irritating and I just did not like her at all. I thought Mike was cute and liked him even more when I saw that his favorite animal is a sloth.

• Love 2

There was one woman who's dad drove something like 3 hours to bring her the paperwork she needed and she treated him like shit. She was cussing him out because he had gotten lost on the way. I would have turned around and gone home if she was my kid.  

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

What did you guys think of the older woman with the big hair? I forger her name but she said her nickname was Hairspray.  I never liked her. 

I always liked Hairspray but I had to roll my eyes at the episode where she tickets Monty G, the unofficial Eagles mascot, and they’re both going on about how they’re Philadelphia legends.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

There was one woman who's dad drove something like 3 hours to bring her the paperwork she needed and she treated him like shit. She was cussing him out because he had gotten lost on the way. I would have turned around and gone home if she was my kid.  

Ha. I remember her! Saw that EP not long ago. So wished Dad would have turned around. Then she got all pissed off because her insurance was expired and she had to call and have it faxed over. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

What did you guys think of the older woman with the big hair? I forger her name but she said her nickname was Hairspray.  I never liked her. 

I went to Philly 2  summers ago and she walked by us.  I didn't want to go all fangirl so i kept my cool and let her be.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2018 at 11:23 PM, Maharincess said:

I remember her. I wanted to reach through my TV answer smack the shit out of that brat. 

I did too. Her dad is working, but he should stop and pick up the phone.   She must explain to me what SHE was so busy doing that everyone needed to make calls for her. But I imagine to her, whining is a full-time job. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/2/2018 at 11:07 AM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Omg courtney! Hated her.

I don’t even know how she kept her job. She was one of those people that loved the little power she had by booting peoples cars. It made her feel big & bad. She was so cocky & rude. She didn’t know how to shut her mouth & kept on being nasty & arguing with people. I remember a scene where the cops came & she straight out lied saying a lady attacked her (which the lady did not) while the police is talking to the lady Courtney is in the back going off about How much better she is cause she has a job! I come in contact with a lot of people at my job, some who are angry & don’t have a job,but I don’t throw it in their face. That’s just so rude.

I’d hate to be her partner,she loved the drama. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Marilyn? Marlene? I forget too!

Marlene sounds right to me.  She was always my least favorite. I wasn't crazy about Brian either, he seemed fake as hell to me. 

What does MFW mean? 

The people who annoyed me the most on this show were the elderly people who would yell "you can't give me a ticket, I'm 72 years old". Who gives a crap how old you are? If you're that old, you should know better. 

• Love 3

Oh that made me NUTS! The best comment is always "I can't get a ticket, I'm on a fixed income." You know what buddy? I'm on a FIXED income too. I know how much my paycheck is going to be every week.

The other thing is when these older idiots say things like, "I was told by a police officer that since I have a handicap sticker in my window I can park wherever I want and for as long as I want." Such BS.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Maharincess said:

What does MFW mean? 

The people who annoyed me the most on this show were the elderly people who would yell "you can't give me a ticket, I'm 72 years old". Who gives a crap how old you are? If you're that old, you should know better. 

"My Face When."  So the topic title is a modern vernacular way of saying, "This is how I react when I get a ticket on my windshield and realize it's not a good thing."

And about the "fixed income" excuse.  To me (and most sensible people), if I'm on a fixed income, I need to avoid expenses that are outside my normal budget.  Paying $10 to park in a lot may be hard if I'm on a fixed income, but paying $50 for a parking ticket is worse.  As an intelligent person, I choose the $10 option.

• Love 2

My fave entitled old lady was the woman who followed Marilyn around on her beat after she received a ticket for parking at a hydrant.  I have to admit I liked her take no shit attitude, but man, she was a jerk. 

• Love 2

I was irritated by the guy who was so willing to spend 10 minutes whining like a baby at Marilyn for giving him a ticket and taking food or diapers away from his baby but was too much of a wuss to have his face shown on TV.

Thanks AZ. I did not know what MFW means either.

• Love 3

I can’t get over the differences in how much the tickets are between cities. They seem really high in North Hempstead! But I guess something had to help pay for those fancy (at the time) Priuses. Makes you wonder what they drive now. But in Detroit, it’s like a $20 ticket, pay it within 10 days, it’s only $10. And the Detroit people were the ones who really get upset over that $10 ticket!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kazzy25 said:

I can’t get over the differences in how much the tickets are between cities.

I know!  How about the Handicap tickets?  100.00 in Detroit---a whopping 301.00 in Philly!  But that would be a ticket I would enjoy giving.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I know!  How about the Handicap tickets?  100.00 in Detroit---a whopping 301.00 in Philly!  But that would be a ticket I would enjoy giving.  

There was also a shady woman and her son who got a thousand dollar ticket for fraudulent use of a handicap placard and the judge wouldn't throw it out! She lied right on the show about who was driving and the son even said he used her placard. 

• Love 4