Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Flower Child

• Start Topic

Haven't read but the first page of comments here, but I have to get going, and wanted to put my two cents in while I can still remember what I wanted to say.

Seems to me that if there were thousands of years to play with, and Mother Gothel had the one child so easily with Hook, she could have produced hundreds of covens' worth of progeny and have raised them in the tree-nymph ways of life. I expect there would have been enough working magic within a couple of normal generations for her to be able to take over without all the fuss depicted here. Add me to those who have no idea how the actual timelines are supposed to work with indigenous peoples, but all that aside, it just shouldn't be that difficult to get the nymph population back up there, even if magic is not a dominant genetic trait. 

Plus which, the makeup for the nymphs bugged the living hell out of me...It might have been suited for sea nymphs, with the misty greens, but why do they always insist on red lipsticks/blushes/accent colors? If they'd stayed with an earth color palette, as would more befit tree nymphs anyway, it would have looked much more organic and maybe even  somewhat remotely convincing. 

Gothel's plan really made no sense.  Why not just stay in the Land Without Magic and kill any new humans that emerge, so they don't spread like weeds or whatever she said? 

I've said this before, but she chose to go to a Land With Magic, which was also filled with those despicable humans.

She was all about vengeance, so I don't think she had any intention of re-creating a grove of peace-loving tree nymphs who would be too passive and naive for her new mindset of anger and revenge.

As mentioned by others, she must be really dense to never consider that Alice could have magical powers.  The tree nymphs seem like a female-only society, so I wonder if new tree nymphs simply grew out of the groves.  

Gothel could also have had a huge Coven, if she wasn't holding personal Hunger Game competitions that eliminated candidates.  But other times, she didn't seem that picky, since she gave an invitation to Zelena (this would have been *after* she tried to kill Robyn?), plus

Spoiler

she even invited Regina to be the eighth replacement witch at the start of the next episode.

I'm not a fan of horror movies, but I sort of want to try "Carrie" to see the inspiration for this episode.

Edited by Camera One
5 hours ago, Camera One said:

I'm not a fan of horror movies, but I sort of want to try "Carrie" to see the inspiration for this episode.

I'm a total wimp and hate horror, but Carrie wasn't that bad. Then again, I saw it on TV, and I don't remember if it was something like HBO or if it was on a network where it might have been edited. As I recall, other than the bucket of blood, it was more psychological. I think the abuse and bullying was harder for me to watch than the "horror" content.

5 hours ago, Camera One said:

Gothel's plan really made no sense.  Why not just stay in the Land Without Magic and kill any new humans that emerge, so they don't spread like weeds or whatever she said? 

I'm convinced that this wasn't the outcome they had in mind at the beginning of the season. Either they planned something different and had to change along the way or they never actually planned it and had to throw something together. I'm sure Gothel would have had some role, since she was there from early on, but I seriously doubt that this particular backstory and rationale for what she was doing were not planned from the beginning of the season because nothing about it makes any sense. Not just the curse to get back to the Land Without Magic so she can wipe out humanity all over again, but in doing so, why did she she make herself Victoria's prisoner for years?