Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Special Relationship

• Start Topic

Wow, that press conference was painful. Normally when Selina puts herself in crappy situations and has to dig her way out, it's deserved but this was beyond the normal scope. I mean, yes, screwing the help (as Catherine put it) isn't a great idea, especially when you are in the middle of a campaign, but getting grilled about some crazy stuff that Ray wrote before she met him? Since Dan handpicked Ray to be Selina's sex partner, he should have vetted him a lot better.

I was really hoping that we would see Jonah sitting alone at the gastropub waiting for Mary Poppins to show up. If Selina or Dan ever find out that Amy was behind the leak, she's getting fired next!

• Love 1

Since Dan handpicked Ray to be Selina's sex partner, he should have vetted him a lot better.

I figured Selina thought that Dan vetted him previously.

Was the actor playing Jonah ad libbing at the end with Dan's chart? Because it was hilarious if he riffed that.  

Sue and Kent are hilarious to me. I really want to know if the actors are being directed as such or if it's their own acting choices. "You're a tough caller!"

They don't have much screen time, but I've got this whole relationship about them worked out in my head. Kent was so sad when she hung up on him!

• Love 1

Sue and Kent are great. In a series that is all about the little moments between the big moments, their little bits are awesome. We've seen Sue's home life all of one time, and she was still a super-controlling woman. Kent is probably led around on a leash by her. I hope we get much more for them. 

Mike and Ben lying to the Brit was hilarious. 

• Love 1

Sue is no doubt in charge of that relationship. When Kent was talking at Amy's Sue told him to shut up and he immediately did. I love that he's so cheerful about her. 

• Love 2

I think that last scene with Jonah was the most I've ever laughed at something he said. So good. 

One of the many, many great things about this show is that everyone gets an equal chance to be the butt of a joke or the bearer of one.  That was beyond awesome, especially since Jonah is almost always on the receiving end of mockery.

Veep is just a bright little light in my sad little existence.  I -heart- it.

• Love 1

I know the conflict is necessary for the show to give people something to do other than run things day to day, but it feels like the gaffs and controversy Selina is being layered with would be difficult to overcome in a presidential election. Maybe it's still early enough days that she can dig out of the hole. So long as the jokes keep landing I'm happy.

Danny-Wa!

• Love 1

Yeah, I think it's way way way early that she could legit overcome these gaffes. As bad as Ray is, he was only the personal fitness guy. They were making fun of her in the bar because she couldn't understand them clearly.

Look at all the gaffes the real VP has made. This isn't really that bad.  

• Love 1