Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: Lost Cause

• Start Topic

Good on Lala.  I'm not her biggest fan, by any stretch, but she sounded fairly good.  As did James.  I never thought I'd be saying this but James has really grown on me and he's almost cute.  If only he would stop trying to destroy his liver by the end of the season.

The Nugget telling FI she'd like to have one date with him at some point over the summer.  Clearly she's completely forgotten that they were just in Mexico.  Not to mention, this is what happens when you have a roommate.  Were she and FI seriously looking at homes or was that some kind of filler and free advertising for the RE agent?    

I agree with the poster upthread who questioned why the Nugget and FI are still together, since their goals are almost completely opposed.  If FI wants to get married and have kids, and the Nugget does not want either, it's a disaster waiting to happen.  Neither should compromise.  As much as I generally dislike the Nugget, I'm glad she's not desperate for marriage and/or kids.  Not every woman is.

That of course leads me to Scheana, who is desperate for both.  Of course watching Lala makes her want to dig those gold shorts out and re-release Good as Gold.   What does Scheana DO?  We really don't see her working much.  If Rob's not around, what does she do - - besides taking ginormous photos of herself?  

A "preview party" of TomTom is stupid when it's still basically a construction zone.  Wait until it's ready to go and have a pre-opening party then.

So where did Brittany go all day when she left Jax?  To a hotel?   Have we seen this Kentucky friend of hers before?  Did this guy move to LA before or after her?   How could she have left her dogs behind?   I heard her mention to one of the other girls that she could afford to stay in the apartment by herself - - how much freaking money does she make?  Clearly not all tips from SUR because WeHo is not cheap and it's not the apartment FI and the Nugget live in.  

HATED the outfit Britt wore to Lala's event.  Way too much boobage.  If she and Jax had truly broken up, and her friends had any sense, they wouldn't be encouraging her to immediately take up with Adam or anyone else.  But then again, these chucklefucks move from one person to another like opening another bag of chips.  God forbid they're single for more than 24 hours.

I think Jax did the right thing in breaking up but his timing was shady as hell.   That his biggest enablers (the Toms) didn't try to suggest that he and Britt might work things out should be huge red flags for both Jax and Britt.

I can't wait for this reunion.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Have Sandoval and Ariana all this time been living in the same apartment that he shared with Kristen?

Yes. Gross. It's probably even the same bed. 

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Raquel looked beyond proud and excited for Lala which says a lot that she can trust James enough that she doesn't become a catty jealous bitch toward Lala.

I don't think she necessarily trusts him.  I think she's just scared to death of Lala. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Sandoval really talks about this restaurant as though it's totally his...not like the 5% owner he actually is.

Ugh.......his bragging and misrepresentation of his level of involvement in the restaurant is getting to be enough to make me stop watching.  He's like a new college grad know-nothing trying to tell the CEO of a successful business how things should really be done.  Sorry, Ken and Lisa obviously know a thing or two about opening/running a restaurant.  Tom's so stupid to not even know what he doesn't know.  He takes himself sooooo damn seriously.  His image is of this "do-righter" when really he's as shallow as a puddle.  It's tiresome.

Ariana - let me check back in with you in five years when you're married (hopefully, not to Tom) and pregnant with kid number 3.  This girl waves the "no children" flag because she thinks it makes her sound cool, all knowing and above the standard populace.  People who don't want to have kids can give you a myriad of reasons.  Pregnancy and childbirth being too "yucky" is generally not at the top of the list.  As with everything, she is a big poseur. 

I wanted the realtor to look at the two of them and ask, "so how you gonna pay for this once the Bravo gravy train ends"? 

I know we didn't hear the tape that Faith made of Jax on the show, so do we truly know it's for real?  Because if it doesn't exist and there's no proof the cheating happened, the whole storyline is fake.  Regardless, at this point, this break-up is 100% fake for them to get t.v. time.  Brittany smirking about giving the bartender her phone number was the stupidest thing ever.  And they're still together so there's that.

I can't judge Lala's singing because all I heard was some lip-synching and the words, "Ain't nobody got me feelin' like I'm feelin' you", repeated about five million times.  

• Love 21
14 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

For some strange reason I keep looking for Faith to be in the background of the scenes, hanging out with Billie or someone, but nope

She probably couldn't be because she is on another show on MTV "Ex on the Beach" Or something? I wonder if she was going to have a bigger arc but then got that show and decided to get into MTV's family. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

I can't judge Lala's singing because all I heard was some lip-synching and the words, "Ain't nobody got me feelin' like I'm feelin' you", repeated about five million times.  

I just hope that you sang that with the proper inflection while you were typing it.  Otherwise, it doesn't count.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, Swellcatt said:

She probably couldn't be because she is on another show on MTV "Ex on the Beach" Or something? I wonder if she was going to have a bigger arc but then got that show and decided to get into MTV's family. 

I think Faith hoped her Jax storyline would get her more airtime so people would know who the fuck she was when she showed up on EotB.

• Love 3

"Let me know if I can fuck with you, boy"...

I guess the answer is no, since Myman didn't show?

I almost felt sorry for Jax, ALMOST, but then, nope.

Every season there's a hot second where I think Jax is being sincere, but then I quickly come to my senses. The guy lays it on good, and I can see how a younger, more naïve woman might fall for his bullshit. Hell, the Toms know Jax as well as anyone, and they still line up to buy what he's selling.

• Love 13

I predict Ariana will have either a pregnancy scare, a miscarriage, or she is pregnant. Her aversion to all things pregnancy and childbirth are as believable as her “body shame” narrative. She is a terrible actor. 

Jax and Brittany didn’t break up. I thought their whole relationship was just for the show, but if that were the case this breakup story would make sense. Seems like this show is going down the dreaded reality tv scripting road. The earlier seasons seemed more organic like reality tv should be. 

Poor Ken looked kind of old, droopy and tired. LVP should stop using him as a filming accessory and let him lounge at home with a shirt full O puppies. 

Cool guy Jeremy might be accepting of alternative lifestyles but he is still creepy as Hell. 

Lala is no songbird, but I find her very entertaining! Looked like she stopped getting her lips jacked up- maybe they got in the way of lip syncing?! 

• Love 7

Somebody on the show used the word “sociopathic” in reference to Jax - too bad Brittany doesn’t get that. (Since she’s with him again,)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I predict Ariana will have either a pregnancy scare, a miscarriage, or she is pregnant. Her aversion to all things pregnancy and childbirth are as believable as her “body shame” narrative. She is a terrible actor. 

At least she seems to be taking being a terrible actor very seriously......

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I think Jax is just playing the role given to him by production.

I think with his father’s dying he really doesn’t care about what’s going on around him. If it wasn’t for his contract he’d probably even have walked away from this show. So yes, I agree he’s just following his marching orders by production. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, bosawks said:

At least she seems to be taking being a terrible actor very seriously......

Like her comedy. Which should always be taken seriously and not done for fun. Because doing things for fun isn’t allowed. Also she needs to be seriously working on her cocktail book! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Ariana - let me check back in with you in five years when you're married (hopefully, not to Tom) and pregnant with kid number 3.  This girl waves the "no children" flag because she thinks it makes her sound cool, all knowing and above the standard populace.  People who don't want to have kids can give you a myriad of reasons.  Pregnancy and childbirth being too "yucky" is generally not at the top of the list.  As with everything, she is a big poseur. 

My 3rd sister actually used to sound a lot like Ariana. In her college days. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, etc. grossed her out. Then she got married, the pill failed her, and she ended up pregnant. She now has 2 kids that she breastfed at least a year each and is an amazing mama. Ariana DOES sound like she's trying too hard, though. 

16 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I barfed a little in my mouth when Jeremy came out in his circus underoo's - I think I may be blinded 

Same!

But for a split second I thought it was Schwartz and wasn't at all bothered....what does that say about me???

• Love 4

I don’t get why they were all so appalled that Jax and Brittany had sex the night and morning before he “broke up with her”.  Keeping track of who has slept with who on this show is like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. Besides sometimes sex is the last vestige of a failing relationship. Lots of couples on the verge of breaking up still have sex, as do even newly split couples. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Like her comedy. Which should always be taken seriously and not done for fun. Because doing things for fun isn’t allowed. Also she needs to be seriously working on her cocktail book! 

I think she should have been in the lab with a pen and a pad trying to get her darn cookbook off. I get that Sandoval is wanting to work on it with her but the most motivating thing may be for her to say “hey buddy, I have 10 recipes ready—where are yours?”

• Love 4

Do we know for sure that Jax's father was dying while they were filming this season? I know he did pass away after the season ended, just wondered at what point during filming he became sick and at what point during filming did Jax know he was dying.

Edited by Wicked
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I barfed a little in my mouth when Jeremy came out in his circus underoo's - I think I may be blinded 

I?  Had blocked that out of my brain until you brought it up!

Gack!

I think it was staged though. It didn't come off organic. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I?  Had blocked that out of my brain until you brought it up!

Gack!

I think it was staged though. It didn't come off organic. 

I am sure it was staged, still gross nonetheless - something about clowns wearing circus tighty whities scare me 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

I think she should have been in the lab with a pen and a pad trying to get her darn cookbook off. I get that Sandoval is wanting to work on it with her but the most motivating thing may be for her to say “hey buddy, I have 10 recipes ready—where are yours?”

Right? Didn’t she have some of it done a season ago? And then FI was all “everyone’s like why are you making a cocktail book and not me? I want to be a part of it!” And then he was. I mean I know he’s a part of it now but since the he got the new bar and that takes precedent for him, maybe Arinia should just be like to him, “I’ve wanted to do this for a while now and I can’t wait for you to have time to work on it now”. Instead she’s all whiny about him now having something else going on.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Objectively, I think Rob and Scheana look stunning in this photo. I think Scheana looks so pretty without the false eyelashes. 

The dog looks so adorable, however, I feel really bad for the dog, having to be involved in that.

I am actually put off by the fact that the dog is in the picture, since they are both naked.  I think that is like they are including the dog in their love... a little too much.

3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

He is so disgusting and awful.

2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Motherfuckers act like they forgot about Ariana.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 8

Call me crazy, but I adore Lala and she has grown so much since last year. I think LVP adores her, too. She was so gracious after the performance, thanking the girls for giving her a second chance and thanking James for helping her find her voice. Also, I want that a dress with a sketch of my face on it like hers. Where do I get such a thing?

Can't stand Brittany and if she goes back to Jax, which she did, she deserves to be Jaxed again and again and again. There's something griifterish about her to me, though. She has all that good ole country girl charm and "innocence," but there's something about her that I don't trust. She also needs to get those boobs reduced. Don't they look kind of painful?

Also have no problem with the Toms having a rustic preview party for their friends. They just want to have a few drinks and show them how the place is beginning to take shape. This is their first business partnership and they are understandably excited. I would be, too. That said, FI Tom needs to slow his roll a little bit sometimes. Last night he was acting like he owns more than the pittance than he does and it was not a good look. Still, this is a great opportunity to learn from the ground up that could blossom into other great opportunities and they're doing it with the support of Lisa and Ken. It also will be a great opportunity to show off their cocktail making/creating skills. 

This season blew by so quickly! Like others, I'm looking forward to the reunion when Sheanna gets reamed for all of her Rob, Rob, Rob BS!

• Love 5

I think I recall hearing Lala sing a capella with James (in his apartment? Hers?) way back, and I was pleasantly surprised at her tone and delivery—so I wish we could have heard more of that in all the subsequent Lala Sings bits, including her performance, which just sounded like a lot of distracting production.

Jax going from 95% his fault to 90% his fault was sadly amusing. He probably hit 80% that night.

I loved that one caption of the Toms going into the shop to scope out uniforms: Tom and Tom Schwartz. 

• Love 2

Tom and Tom still have this vision of Jax as this alpha male that they feel blessed to have considered them as friends. No doubt Jax was the King of the gang 15 years ago, but they need to see that he is an unenviable approaching 40 coked out mess right now 

• Love 10

So I thought the random object of the week was going to be Mr and Mrs Bubba’s landline flashing with 15 messages during Jax’s visit, but then out of nowhere came Lala and James’s talent—didn’t see that coming, so talent wins! I also admit to getting a case of the fuzzy hearts over James telling Lala that she’s not just good enough—she’s special. Aw, shucks! Now i’m suddenly shipping Lala and James. Jala? Lames? Yeah, Lames.

• Love 7

I'm too lazy right now to quote a comment. Lol. Forgive me. But whoever responded to my post about me being irritated with Lala's mouth basically..I respect your comment saying she is young and this is what they do today. Although, maybe I'm a bit of a prude...at 43... I just find is so apauling that these girls do this. Not all of course. In a side note...I used to not like Stassi one bit. I freaking love her now. Her TH sessions are hilarious!!

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

Why did Brittany and Jax BOTH go stay at hotels? I don’t get why both of them needed to leave the apartment. 

For drama, of course! The real question is who watched the puppies?

• Love 8
Just now, AntAnn said:

For drama, of course! The real question is who watched the puppies?

Brittany, of course. She does all of the dog work. :). I actually do think that she’s a responsible pet owner, so I can only assume that she chose a hotel that allows dogs?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SimonSeymour said:

Brittany, of course. She does all of the dog work. :). I actually do think that she’s a responsible pet owner, so I can only assume that she chose a hotel that allows dogs?

Most likely, as I can see her being much more responsible than Jax/Jason. IIRC, she did grow up on a farm, so making sure the doggies were cared for would be something she’d think about. I imagine J/J would be more likely to be looking for his next hookup...you know, to take his mind off Brittany leaving him after he broke up with her. YMMV. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Yep, yep, yep. 

She's just SOOOOOOOO cool.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

A "preview party" of TomTom is stupid when it's still basically a construction zone.  Wait until it's ready to go and have a pre-opening party then.

But if they waited it wouldn't be the finale party.  There has to be a party in the final episode of the season, no matter how stupid the reason.

16 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

In my version it is more than 5 years in the future, but FI hangs in for a long time hoping she'll finally give in and marry him until finally they break up.  Then he randomly runs into her a couple years later and finds out that she married the guy right after him and popped out some kids, all rather quickly, and FI then quietly cries to himself once he's alone.

• Love 7

My side eye to Ariana has been growing and growing. Between the always wanting to be with Tom and hanging out with the guys on all their trips I wonder if she's worried about him cheating. It was, I think, on a trip where they hooked up and she was then his 'cool supportive friend' for a while. That friendship doesn't seem to give her any more confidence on their relationship, I guess she wanted him for a while or that story-line was part of her ticket onto the show.

Is that a one bedroom apartment they've been sharing all this time with Jeremy?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Sherilea43 said:

I'm too lazy right now to quote a comment. Lol. Forgive me. But whoever responded to my post about me being irritated with Lala's mouth basically..I respect your comment saying she is young and this is what they do today. Although, maybe I'm a bit of a prude...at 43... I just find is so apauling that these girls do this. Not all of course. In a side note...I used to not like Stassi one bit. I freaking love her now. Her TH sessions are hilarious!!

For the most part, I've quite liked Stassi this season as well. She's been more hit and miss with some of the stupid things she's said on her podcast but for the most part, it says a lot about how likeable some of them can be when they learn to exert some control and stay above the fray of drama that's been going on around them. Katie has impressed me the most and what I appreciate about her this season, is that in acknowledging that she's in a better place and is a better person, she didn't blame her behaviour on what people did to make her behave or speaking poorly, she took full accountability in simply saying that she didn't like the person she was. And you saw a very obvious change in her when the old Katie would have gotten drunk and gotten in fights, brought up old shit or constantly gossip and confront, this time around, she limited that type of behaviour and never let it get out of hand. Last season I couldn't stand her and this season, she ended up being my favourite.

I actually quite enjoyed how this season showed a number of the cast pursuing  their individual endeavours and it was seamlessly interwoven in a way that involved the rest of the cast that didn't seem over the top manufactured. Stassi's event planning, Katie working on her business and having a relaunch, Lala (and James) working on music, the Toms involvement in the new restaurant. Jax only has had made up endeavours. I'm starting to think he would have no purpose on this show if he didn't have a relationship to feature where he could constantly fuck up and make that his storyline.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I actually quite enjoyed how this season showed a number of the cast pursuing  their individual endeavours and it was seamlessly interwoven in a way that involved the rest of the cast in a way that didn't seem over the top manufactured. Stassi's even planning, Katie working on her business and having a relaunch, Lala (and James) working on music, the Toms involvement in the new restaurant. Jax only has had made up endeavours. I'm starting to think he would have no purpose on this show if he didn't have a relationship to feature where he could constantly fuck up and make that his storyline.

Great point, and I think the first season was like this as well. They showed Sandoval and his acting and band; Kristen “acting” and “modeling”; Katie talked about her music businesss aspirations; Stassi did some stuff... maybe Scheana did her music then? Can’t recall... I remember she kept getting ridiculous injuries. Anyway, it’s also similar in that I don’t think Jax had much going for him then, either.

On that note, I was reminded that Sandoval said he had the dream of opening up his own bar for at least 10 years... which, I get that you can have more than one dream—but wasn’t he all about acting and music? Did he mention wanting a bar before Tom Tom came up?

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Great point, and I think the first season was like this as well. They showed Sandoval and his acting and band; Kristen “acting” and “modeling”; Katie talked about her music businesss aspirations; Stassi did some stuff... maybe Scheana did her music then? Can’t recall... I remember she kept getting ridiculous injuries. Anyway, it’s also similar in that I don’t think Jax had much going for him then, either.

On that note, I was reminded that Sandoval said he had the dream of opening up his own bar for at least 10 years... which, I get that you can have more than one dream—but wasn’t he all about acting and music? Did he mention wanting a bar before Tom Tom came up?

Not that I can recall. Tom was all about his music in season one and two. And he and James were supposed to be doing music stuff before Kristen started hooking up with him, so yeah.

At one point he did model though? As did Jax. I remember that being a thing. Also Stassi in the first season was into wanting to be a stylist which the show tried many times to work in a lot. But her actually talking about her podcast ahsbevent planning is a better fit, as is Katie and the beauty line. It explains a lot why Kristen has hardly been on the show this season, aside from the “hookup” story.. she doesn’t have much going on and she’s more of a mouth piece for the “Jax sucks” train this season has.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Not that I can recall. Tom was all about his music in season one and two. And he and James were supposed to be doing music stuff before Kristen started hooking up with him, so yeah.

At one point he did model though? As did Jax. I remember that being a thing. Also Stassi in the first season was into wanting to be a stylist which the show tried many times to work in a lot. But her actually talking about her podcast ahsbevent planning is a better fit, as is Katie and the beauty line. It explains a lot why Kristen has hardly been on the show this season, aside from the “hookup” story.. she doesn’t have much going on and she’s more of a mouth piece for the “Jax sucks” train this season has.

He did model!

Kristen needs to get back to her awesome T-shirt line.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

He did model!

Kristen needs to get back to her awesome T-shirt line.

I was thinking about the T-shirt line too, what happened with that? Anything? Is it still a thing?

And yup tom was a model, even before this show. A year or so ago I was watching a Hills rerun that mtv used to play and Tom was doing a casting for teen vogue on the show! It was funny. Also another fun hills/pump crossover fun fact, Stacie from later seasons of The Hills was a bridesmaid in Schenas wedding!

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Wicked said:

Do we know for sure that Jax's father was dying while they were filming this season? I know he did pass away after the season ended, just wondered at what point during filming he became sick and at what point during filming did Jax know he was dying.

They wrapped filming in August. Jax's father was diagnosed with cancer in October and then passed away in December. I suppose it's possible that his dad started to feel sick before then and Jax knew about it, but I don't think his behavior this season has much to do with that. And I'm pretty sure he and Brittany got back together because they had to start promoting their spin-off, which premiered right after VR stopped filming, in late August.  

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I was thinking about the T-shirt line too, what happened with that? Anything? Is it still a thing?

I assume it went the way of the chunky sweater line ;)

• Love 4
On 4/23/2018 at 8:43 PM, ivygirl said:

On another note, I get that Schwartz was basically saying what we all do—that Brittany knew what she was getting into with Jax—but it kinda soured me on him the way he was insinuating that “getting Jaxed” is just “Jax being Jax,” as if Jax can’t help being a cheating jerk, so too bad so sad, Brittany.

For me it isn't that Jax can't help being Jax, it is that Britney has no business expecting him to be anything else. When someone tells you who they are over and over and over again and you refuse to see it, at some point you bear half the responsibility for accepting that shitty behavior and that point passed a looooong time ago for Britney. It isn't like he's been some Prince Charming all along, or that he hasn't acted exactly like this his whole entire relationship history. She knew exactly what to expect. He told her what to expect. His friends told her what to expect. He's done this to all his other relationships in the past, and he's done this to her in the past. He's now treating her exactly how she lets him treat her, and I'm out of sympathy.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

For me it isn't that Jax can't help being Jax, it is that Britney has no business expecting him to be anything else. When someone tells you who they are over and over and over again and you refuse to see it, at some point you bear half the responsibility for accepting that shitty behavior and that point passed a looooong time ago for Britney. It isn't like he's been some Prince Charming all along, or that he hasn't acted exactly like this his whole entire relationship history. She knew exactly what to expect. He told her what to expect. His friends told her what to expect. He's done this to all his other relationships in the past, and he's done this to her in the past. He's now treating her exactly how she lets him treat her, and I'm out of sympathy.

I’m with you on that. I was commenting on Schwartz’s tone, which I didn’t appreciate.