Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E09: The Sea Slug Slugger

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't know if I was more surprised he could say entrepreneur, or that he knew what it meant.  His occupation was listed as deep sea fisherman, so maybe he's in charge of selling his catches?  

My daughter has a brother-in-law who calls himself the exact same thing- a seafood entrepreneur. He lives on the Texas gulf coast and takes people out on charter fishing trips. We think it's weird when he says it, too.

• Love 3

I will miss Libby. My eye candy is now gone. At least I will see her beautiful face on the jury every episode from here on out.

So glad that Michael played his idol, because I wanted him to stay. Hopefully he can win immunity next week or find another idol or else he's toast. I wish the old Malolo's would have stuck together for this vote to boot a Naviti member. It would have been so easy. Both Libby and Michael would have been safe.

More of "No game for you" on Ghost Island. I had a feeling Jenna wouldn't have gotten to play for anything. It seems they don't want anyone that doesn't have much camera time to get any type of idol or advantage.

Lastly, congrats to Angela for being such a strong competitor for keeping the gross food down. No need to show off, Angela. Her showing off made me dislike her a little more than I somewhat do already.

• Love 5

Was feeling the stress about Michael's near departure tonight. So glad he knew to play his idol. 

Des and Angela can go anytime. Their narrow, inflexible style of play annoys me. Although Angela did shake it up tonight her decision to take the bit of goodwill Michael offered to bring her into the loop and use it to cause chaos. But that only makes me want her to go sooner. Good job with the gross eats, though, got to admit she has wild slug swallowing skills (Yuk)

Wendall may have put a wedge between himself and Laurel with the idol confession instead of the bonding he thinks it was. And unfortunately he may be needing that idol for himself soon so can't really share it. Especially after his RC performance and most people's growing awareness of his alliance with Dom. Don't paint that target so big, Wendall! 

Ghost Island is a non-factor again. Yawn. If they don't want them playing for advantages every time at least let them play for rewards- a chance at a bath, pillow, pizza, etc. They could tie it in to challenge opportunities that former survivors botched. It would be more interesting than seeing the tired No Game for You message.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

Before Angela turned into a crotchmonster by blabbing everything Michael said

But wasn't she lying, though? I thought she was lying about what he said, but maybe I missed something. 

I forgot that Michael had an idol, and I was surprised and glad when he played it. 

I feel sorry for Libby. I'm not sure that she could have done anything differently except try to figure out who voted against her before. But even then, everyone else seemed pretty united. 

I just FFd through the eating challenge. 

Jeff did the worst pronunciation of "margarita" that I ever heard. Half-assed Spanish. Do Spanish or just don't try! He puts the C in caucasian. 

• Love 7

I’m starting to worry about Wendell. He seems like he is too good at this game, and the other tribe members surely must notice this. He’s a physical and social threat. He’s very well spoken and would likely crush the final tribal council. I’m more confident in Laurel and Donathon surviving longer than Wendell right now. Dom seems to be safeguarded by Wendell being seen as the bigger threat. I doubt this alliance lasts, unfortunately, as I like all 4 of them. 

• Love 7

When Angela just swallowed that sea slug whole, I'm sorry, but all I could think of was that she was probably every guy's idea of a dream date.

I love it when a HII is well played, good for you MIchael.

• Love 8

You'll rarely go wrong on Survivor betting on the most boring outcome at tribal.  I am pleased Wendell was safe, and I can't fault the game logic (I haven't exactly sat down to work it out from, like, Desiree or Kellyn's point of view, but it seems solid) but nevertheless it was boring.  Alas, Libby, you must join the long line of Survivor blondes in whom I would like to hope, but don't end up having much game.  I suppose she would have gotten shit for it on the Internet, but as far as I can see it is she, not Angela, who should have been making a ruckus at camp and stirring the pot and trying to sew division and chaos.  If it had been Michael today, what does that get her?  Nothing.  She knows, or ought to know, that there's no way to get out of the hole she's in by simply going along with the vote.  She's already got votes for several tribals in a row.  The idea that she can last till the Navitis turn on themselves is a pipe dream.  So go all-out bananas crazy town, I say, blow the game up, like individuals I dare not name have done before you.  I think about the game like I think about sins of comission vs sins of omission; Ponderosa, like Hell, is easier to take if you have the memories of things you did, instead of the regrets of things you did not do.

I did enjoy Angela growing a personality.  And Wendell was building stuff again, which is my panty-dropping kryptonite.  I do like Michael and am glad to see the Fucking Stick, like Pinocchio, become a Real Boy (I'm even enough of a softie to hope that it gave Ozzy a smile) but I feel Michael's story is pretty much played out so I wouldn't have especially minded seeing him sitting next to Chris as a blond/brunet Male Model Duo Jury Superteam.  Though Libby and Chris will make a Beautiful Blonde Jury Superteam, so that's nice.

4 hours ago, ElleryAnne said:

Unlike most of them, she didn't default to the "they think I'm a threat" or the "how dare they vote for me" lines.  She just wondered what she was doing wrong.  It was kind of refreshing in a way.

That line almost convinced me she was going deep, even though in general the edit suggested she was going home in classic One Episode Wonder fashion.  "The fans will love that," I said to myself.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Since Libby went to GI I'm hoping everyone remembers her now! Lol!

This is beautiful.  So perfect.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Don't say your only gonna play Survivor once Michael!  That poor boy is cursed this season.  I want him, Malcolm, Jay, Devon, Joe, and Ozzy (yes, Ozzy) back for a season on the same tribe.

If Michael and Joe were both on Survivor at the same time, I think my ovaries would burst. I'd like to add Ken McNickle to that list personally. 

Angela's enemy #1. So basically her psychological war strategy = gossiping. Okaaaaay lady. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Charlesman said:

I spent the entire reward challenge trying to figure out how the schoolyard pick went. Seemed like all the strong players were on the same team! Then Wendell's team of non-jocks won it, it shocked me!

I assume Michael was the captain vs one of the girls or donathon:  first pick sea bass  other captain picks Wendell second pick dom other captain picks either laurel or Donathon etc etc.

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 1

I usually don't give Probst props but his, "this is NOT... just a stick anymore," was beautiful. I nearly shit myself from that, I can't imagine Michael's reaction. 

Once again, so strange that the original tribes are playing such a huge role this season when we barely got any screentime with those original tribes. I hope this is a lesson to the producers to stop those early tribe flips because the same thing keeps happening. There's no time for divisions to form so everybody sticks with their first tribes and alliances and before you know it, the game is being decided by tribal dynamics that the audience can't remember or never saw. 

I think Laurel and Donathan lost a big opportunity there. 

Bad feeling is growing that Kellyn's got this in the bag. I'm already preparing myself for, "You like me! You really like me!" winner speech. 

• Love 10

Eff you Jeff for the unnecessary comment when Chelsea missed her shot, "Chelsea has achieved her goal of participating." Grrr.  She may not be a power player in any sense, but that was ridiculously mean considering how many others, including MEN, did not do any better and didn't get that kind of rudeness.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, vb68 said:

Thank God Michael played his Idol. That's basically the episode right there.

Episode?  Hell, that moment is the whole season.  It's the first broken curse of Ghost Island, and with one of the most iconic things on GI.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, GaT said:

I love it when a HII is well played, good for you MIchael.

So do I.  I didn't understand it when someone said here they always liked people with idols blindsided.  Blindsides work both ways, they work for the person with the idol as well.  The perfect Survivor play is when everyone else votes for you but none of the votes count, not here but quite a few did get blindsided.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

I think about the game like I think about sins of comission vs sins of omission; Ponderosa, like Hell, is easier to take if you have the memories of things you did, instead of the regrets of things you did not do.

I didn’t expect a dose of philosophy with my coffee. Well said. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

The Ghost Island twist is very meh to me, and I wish they weren't allowed to draw rocks to send someone there.  Make the winning tribe chose.

Yes, I said a while back that drawing rocks is really weak, as much as the "no game for you today".

I had to search google images to check who Kellyn was when she got mentioned here, I think I've learned all the other names just about, though with all the switches I don't remember the original tribes.

Wendell made a poor move telling about both his and Dom's idol, he deserved to go just for that I thought.  It's not 'our idol', idols only ever really belong to the person who has it.  Somehow their group seemed to persuade everyone to vote for Libby and Michael.  Surely someone has to turn against that kind of control.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

You'll rarely go wrong on Survivor betting on the most boring outcome at tribal.

Yeah, I found that really predictable, knowing both Michael and Wendell had idols and seeing the screen time Libby got, none of which was advancing the plot.

3 hours ago, loki567 said:

Bad feeling is growing that Kellyn's got this in the bag. I'm already preparing myself for, "You like me! You really like me!" winner speech. 

And I think that's a huge miscalculation on the editors' part if that's the case. I can't imagine them being so tone-deaf not to know that including snippets like last week's "Miss Kellyn came home with the trophy" or "I can't wait to see what kind of damage I can cause" endears her to anyone. She did come up with the "split the vote and Libby goes home" plan, but seemingly got no credit for it, because they've also set up that "Naviti strong" isn't the rooting interest alliance -- it's Dom/Wendell/Laurel/Donathan, followed by Laurel/Donathan/Michael as old!Maolo next.

For me to believe Kellyn has a shot at winning, I need to see her swaying more people to her side. Because outside of Dom/Wendell, Naviti isn't likeable or rootable as a whole, and Kellyn is the symbol of that (just like Chrissy was the symbol of the "Heroes/Hustlers take out the Healers" mentality last year).

I don't know if Survivor doesn't know how or refuses to edit women well, but these days, they either edit them into obnoxiousness or oblivion (unless they win. And then they still don't know how to edit them -- i.e., Sarah, Michele). Laurel seems to be the only exception to that, at least this season.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Charlesman said:

I spent the entire reward challenge trying to figure out how the schoolyard pick went. Seemed like all the strong players were on the same team! Then Wendell's team of non-jocks won it, it shocked me!

I don't know that Wendell's team was the most unathletic. Wendell is clearly an athlete and Laurel played College Volleyball. Michael is clearly in great shape and a good athlete but Dom and Sea Bass have not shined in any athletic endeavor. None of the women have stood out as exceptional athletes and Donathon is clearly not an athlete. I thought that Wendell's team had the edge when the game started and knew they would win when Wendell flew across the balance beam and Dom moved slowly. Sea Bass's poor shots cemented that there was no way for that team to win.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, loki567 said:

Once again, so strange that the original tribes are playing such a huge role this season when we barely got any screentime with those original tribes.  There's no time for divisions to form so everybody sticks with their first tribes and alliances and before you know it, the game is being decided by tribal dynamics that the audience can't remember or never saw. 

(Extremely pained sigh)  Thank you.  I feel like no matter how long I stare at those pictures of the original tribes I feel like I'll never remember who was on what tribe in the beginning.  The only thing I can nail down is that Kellyn, Des, and Bradley were on a tribe together once.  That's it.  There's all these tiny little factions, like Michael-Libby (just learned it today) or Wendell-Dom, or Laurel-Donathan, but to try and remember the huge division between the cast!?  Impossible.  The editors never let it seep in.  At least with something like Millennials vs Gen X I can kind of guess who was what.  Some of these cast members would be good candidates for the Beauty tribe.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, loki567 said:

I'm hoping they just like catching all of her mugging. Those over-reactions, repeated over and over and over, when Jif was describing the reward food... It's a bit like capturing all of Chris's dumb platitudes. I hope... Sure has a lot of gum.

Boy, I went off Wendell this ep and was actually hoping he was going home. WTF telling Laurel Dom has an idol! That's not your info to share, buddy. And then he misreads her reaction and compounds it by 'reassuring' her that he too has an idol. Doofus.

Could not stand frilly, angled-pose confessional Libby until this ep when she was humble and likable for a change, so of course she goes home.

11 hours ago, mojoween said:

Christ.  I hope we never hear Naviti or Malolo EVER AGAIN.

Since I never was able to figure out who was on what team, I glaze over when either name is mentioned.

I know there's an alliance of Dom-Wendell-Laurel-Donathan (don't know what tribe that was, don't care) and now there is a kind of semi-alliance of Des-Chelsea-Jenna-Kellyn.  Michael is on his own and Sebastian is looking for more slugs.  Angela is desperate to be in any alliance.  I'm calling it now- Michael will be sent to GI next week and will win an idol.  (Did anyone think Jenna would be allowed to play for an idol on GI?  (Or was that Libby?  I still get them mixed up.)  I knew before she set foot on the island the note would say "no game for you!")

I was afraid Angela was going to choke on a slug.  Sad way to go, although it would make for an interesting obituary.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, RescueMom said:

I loved how all of the women with long hair and Sea Bass had matching pigtails for the IC. 

FWIW Laurel didn't do this pigtail thing with her hair, I hope she just said nah pass to them when it was suggested as a thing.

Why is Sebastian even there? Bland, boring, high, and not much in the skills department. And impressed that a WOMAN could beat him in seafood stuff.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Kelda Feegle said:

FWIW Laurel didn't do this pigtail thing with her hair, I hope she just said nah pass to them when it was suggested as a thing.

Why is Sebastian even there? Bland, boring, high, and not much in the skills department. And impressed that a WOMAN could beat him in seafood stuff.

Ha - I woke up this morning thinking, “I don’t think Laurel had the pigtails!” I just got a good laugh when they planned to Sebastian at the IC and he had the same hairstyle :)

11 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I don’t understand why Libby has been in the bottom so many times as she does not appear to be a threat

I tend to think if your name gets thrown out there at TC once, it's easier to vote for that person again. They wanted to split votes and the real target was Michael. Libby was an easy back-up option because she'd already had votes against her. Why get someone else angry? 

9 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Ha hah... when she got voted out I said "See ya later frilly pants!!" I'm always glad to find people annoyed by the same things I am!

Yes! You are my people! I just do not see the reason to bring cute, little brunch shorts to an ISLAND. 

8 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm always curious when someone starts to talk about "stirring things up" - seems to me it could be good or bad, depending on the skill of the stirrer.  But after her whole TH about "war" - there was no war, just everyone mad at Michael.  I get her strategy if it was "get them mad at someone besides me'' - but if he had been voted out, what would have been her move next week?

It just seemed kind of pointless, because I think Michael was already likely a target....and Angela wasn't. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I didn't start watching from the start until around 8:18. Still not caring. The biggest loser tonight has to be Angela. I'm good with the movements while eating . . . I think pro eaters (re: Joey Chestnut, Tim Janus) do that during contests. It's just that she tried to swallow sea slugs whole, or at least in as few bites as possible. Regardless of her relationship status, she's guaranteed to get a lot of attention from males that basically boils down to "How you doin'?"

I thought of professional/contest eaters while watching Angela. She was impressive with that. For some reason, there is something about Angela that I like or maybe it's better to say "have sympathy for." She just seems a little off from other people so I kind of feel glad for her when something goes right. I'm not expecting her to win and not exactly rooting for her. I just like for her to have a good moment. 

One problem with this season to me is I just can't follow why people want to stick with their original tribe. I guess because of the switches we had before the merge or because a bunch of people look alike, but I can't remember who is Mololo or Naviti. I just can't. Normally I have a very clear sense of who is on which original tribe. This time I have no clue.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Since I never was able to figure out who was on what team, I glaze over when either name is mentioned.

I know there's an alliance of Dom-Wendell-Laurel-Donathan (don't know what tribe that was, don't care) and now there is a kind of semi-alliance of Des-Chelsea-Jenna-Kellyn.  Michael is on his own and Sebastian is looking for more slugs.  Angela is desperate to be in any alliance.  I'm calling it now- Michael will be sent to GI next week and will win an idol.  (Did anyone think Jenna would be allowed to play for an idol on GI?  (Or was that Libby?  I still get them mixed up.)  I knew before she set foot on the island the note would say "no game for you!")

I was afraid Angela was going to choke on a slug.  Sad way to go, although it would make for an interesting obituary.

same here (and just read your comment after posting mine). I can't keep up.

that would be the ultimate obituary.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Does Seabass not have a Ride or Die? As near as I can tell he has no friends or tight alliance. THis guy is a Star Trek Red Shirt waiting to get picked off . . . 

Made me LOL.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Don't say your only gonna play Survivor once Michael!  That poor boy is cursed this season.  I want him, Malcolm, Jay, Devon, Joe, and Ozzy (yes, Ozzy) back for a season on the same tribe.

Yes, someone please bring back Devon!  I hated last season with the fire of a thousand suns, but Devon was the one bright spot for me.

12 hours ago, cleo said:

Can someone tell me what the new final format is? I skipped last season bc it sounded awful.

I've never skipped a season and still had no clue what they were talking about lol

Yay Donathan for lasting another week!

• Love 1

Kellyn, Des, Dom, Wendell, Sea Bass, Chelsea and Angela were initially together. Morgan, Bradley, and Chris have been voted out

Michael, Laurel, Donathon, and Jenna were initially together.  Jacob, Libby, James, Brendan, both Stephanie's have been voted out)

As much as some of the folks are clinging to their original tribes for alliance, the power alliance is Donathon, Laurel, Dom and Wendell. I think all four of them saw the swap as a great chance to get out from being the bottom of their original tribe. Dom gained some additional support in targeting Chris by working with Laurel and Donathon. Laurel and Donathon move into a final four after watching their original tribe lose numbers quickly. Donathon and Laurel probably figured they were better with the alliance of four that they had then the loose, had yet to actually work together alliance of their old tribe mates.

I don't see Angela as being particularly tied to her original tribe. I think she realized that she might be in a better position with some of her original tribe mates then she would have been if she had voted with Michael.

I am curious as to who Jenna voted for, I am assuming Michael.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Episode?  Hell, that moment is the whole season.  It's the first broken curse of Ghost Island, and with one of the most iconic things on GI.

Yet the stick wasn’t even on Ghost Island. Like Dom’s idol. Or Wendell’s idol. 

What I’m saying is: what a lame waste of time is Ghost Island. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kelda Feegle said:
  12 hours ago, RescueMom said:

I loved how all of the women with long hair and Sea Bass had matching pigtails for the IC. 

I loved that too - when they first showed up I saw the girls and said "Oh they must have had a hair fixing day".  But then I saw Sebastian and just laughed...he is..what's the description "odd", "interesting", "unusual", "smoking the palm branches"?   All of the above maybe but at least he's fun to watch.

I'd have been Wendell at the food IC.  I've always wondered what if the whole tribe just noped out?  Would Jeff say OK no challenge nobody is safe or would the powers that be try to make them or what?  This would have been a good time for a compete or reward choice which they've done before.  Imagine being shown those eyeballs then Jeff tells them they can eat those and a few other "delicacies" for immunity or if they think they're safe they can sit out with chocolate and peanut butter until the challenge is over.

Also curious about breaking the tubes on Ghost Island - the sign just says to break one it doesn't say break the next one or to do it in order but everyone is picking the next unbroken tube.  Wondering if nobody is thinking of skipping ahead or if they were maybe told it had to be in order 

I like Donathan, I don't think he'll win but I like him.  I don't get the sub-titles though, I'm not from his region and I understand him just fine; are people having trouble with his accent?  Still no clear front runner.  I'd say Dom since he is or appears to be running the show but I wonder how many votes he'll get at final (Chris is out for sure, from his interviews recently he's just as arrogant now as he was in the game), Wendell maybe and he'd deserve it if he won.  There are few front runners but still quite a few "invisible" players.  I know we like to say that Jeff and Survivor loves the guys more but really there are a couple female players still in the game that I have no clue who they are or what they're doing except being mostly in the background even at the challenges.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Angela's enemy #1. So basically her psychological war strategy = gossiping. Okaaaaay lady. 

I don't dislike Angela, but, yes, that was so lame. "I'm going to stir things up by sticking with my old alliance where I've always been at the bottom and putting the target on Michael who they already wanted to vote out anyway." Not that flipping would have helped her much either -- I think she's an odd duck who's destined to be Survivor fodder -- but it's always embarrassing when people crow about the dumb, ineffectual thing they just did as if it were master strategy.

Really, I don't dislike anyone, although Kellyn is annoying. The way she runs makes me laugh though so I don't care if she stays. She runs super slow but pumps her arms really fast, as if she doesn't understand that it's the legs that determine the speed of the run.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

I hope she had a good reason for not doing it because just refusing to do something that all the others who could do it did it is not good game play.

1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

I am curious as to who Jenna voted for, I am assuming Michael.

Yea, she voted Michael.

I still weirdly like Angela, but she seems a bit unhinged. I had to laugh at her thinking she was doing something amazing by getting everyone to target Michael. Sweetie, they were already gonna do that! She was amazing at the gross eating challenge though. That was insane.

I have never been a Sebastian fan but I usually enjoy when he randomly pops up in an ep to look high and stupid, but he is now officially the only player I hate. His "I can't believe a woman could do what I couldn't" was some bullshit. 

I really like the Dom/Wendell/Laurel/Donathan alliance, but I found myself really hoping that the original Yellow team members would decide to band together against Dom/Wendell. Even though I like Wendell and Dom, I also just kinda want them to get fucked over lol.

Libby ended up being a bad player. I really wanted her to be more of a Julia or even Jefra type. She did nothing to help herself. Oh well, I look forward to her Ponderosa with Chris!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hope she had a good reason for not doing it because just refusing to do something that all the others who could do it did it is not good game play.

Have you seen her braids?  I really don't think it would have been possible.

• Love 7

There are still too many people I don't know at this point in the game. There's a Jenna? And a Chelsea? Have they ever spoken a word? The show has spent so much time focusing on the men and people who are gone now, why are there still so many nameless also-rans? 

The other problem is they mixed up the original tribes two weeks into the game and yet we're still supposed to remember who was original Naviti vs. original Malolo? I mean, I don't even understand how Naviti is still a thing, they were together for what, six days?

Here's an idea - instead of starting with 20 people and then doing a bunch of double tribal councils halfway through the game, just start out with 16 split in two tribes and keep it that way through at least half the game like they used to so we can figure out who's who and who's where before they start all the shuffling and merging. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still weirdly like Angela, but she seems a bit unhinged

Somehow, watching her almost disjointed dance after each stage of the eat-fest, I could see her as a Tim Burton cartoon character or starring in one of his movies.

• Love 3

Also curious about breaking the tubes on Ghost Island - the sign just says to break one it doesn't say break the next one or to do it in order but everyone is picking the next unbroken tube.  Wondering if nobody is thinking of skipping ahead or if they were maybe told it had to be in order 

They have to do them in order because Production has to have a game set up if it is time for a game. If someone broke an urn out of order, it is possible that they would get a game when Production was not ready for one. I would assume that setting up a game would not be all that difficult to do but I suspect that there is only the camera crew with the person on Ghost Island and they are not going to take the time to set up the game.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, mojoween said:

Before Angela turned into a crotchmonster by blabbing everything Michael said, it already sucked she was on Wendell’s team for the RC.  It would have been ideal if had swapped places with Michael.

And OF COURSE she wins II.  I can’t believe she not only turned on Michael in 4.2 seconds, she also did it by using that tortured war analogy that made her look ca-razy.

That analogy was so creepy to listen to considering her military background. "I want to see casualties all around and know that I caused them..." [/paraphrase]. Yikes.

Some random thoughts about why I miss the dynamics of camp life: why exactly did Wendell think Laurel was shaky with their alliance?  I didn't really see anything to indicate that. 

The conversation early in the episode showed that she was suspicious of him because he hadn't previously told her about his idol and she hadn't known about Dom's legacy advantage. Half of that was shown to us via Laurel's TH, but I'm guessing that she said as much in her actual conversation.

Nice save by Michael but I don't see where he goes form here.

Yeah, thank God he played his idol, but all those votes against him?? Not a good sign. And Libby was kinda part of his alliance (though clearly waffling), so her being the one to go probably didn't help him either. 

• Love 4

Well, this episode cemented my Angela-hate. No wonder no one talks to her, she's creepy as hell.

Des and Angela can go anytime. Their narrow, inflexible style of play annoys me

Right there with you. Libby has been absolutely powerless for weeks now, so Desi's obsession with getting Libby out came off as nothing more than mean girl jealousy. I mean, It was a stupid, wasted vote.

Donathan continues to impress - he's obviously paying attention to what's going on around him and thinking. I hope he goes far. Actually, except for the 2 people already mentioned (and now that Libby's out, maybe Desi will get a little more bearable), I'm liking most of this cast. It's hard to play strategically when there's a million idols and advantages in play, but they're trying.

• Love 9

Oh, Wendall.  My PA brother.  The FACE he made!  Part of me was like,"Dude, I feel ya.  You're from Philly.  Cheese steaks and pretzels are your jam."  But the other part of me was,"DUDE.  You're from PA.  We eat SCRAPPLE here.  Suck it up!"  Someone needs to GIF his face, seriously.  Most relatable face I've ever seen from a contestant.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, LadyNebula said:

Oh, Wendall.  My PA brother.  The FACE he made!  Part of me was like,"Dude, I feel ya.  You're from Philly.  Cheese steaks and pretzels are your jam."  But the other part of me was,"DUDE.  You're from PA.  We eat SCRAPPLE here.  Suck it up!"  Someone needs to GIF his face, seriously.  Most relatable face I've ever seen from a contestant.

my dad's from Philly so love your scrapple reference. We were the only ones eating it in Arkansas growing up--any time some PA relative came to visit. Fair point--tell yourself it's just like scrappel (though I actually like scrapple)

• Love 2

Laurel still seems to me to be playing the best.  I don't recall ever hearing her name come up as a serious boot candidate.  Yet she has tons of options, on both sides of the aisle.  She's a much bigger threat than, e.g., Chris was, physically, mentally, strategically and socially.  But no one seems to see it.  If she keeps playing low-key like this, I bet she goes real deep.  Reminds me a bit of Jeremy his second season.

Wendell, I fear, made two mistakes this episode.  One, he almost single-handedly won the WC.  Two, he told Laurel about his idol.  The first reminded the entire tribe what a long-term threat he is.  The second almost turned a great ally (Laurel) into an enemy.  Those two are my favorite players this season, so hopefully they can work out their differences. 

Michael again survives by the skin of his teeth.  How many near-death experiences can anyone have in this game, though, and make it to the end?

Angela showed up to play, for what seems like the first time this season.  Her antics during the IC made me laugh out loud. 

I wonder if that gross looking and tasting food actually gives good nutrition? 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, loki567 said:

I usually don't give Probst props but his, "this is NOT... just a stick anymore," was beautiful.

I know.  You could see all the fallen faces on the stumps start to pick up, and you saw Michael's grin slip a little...then double PSYCH! from Probst.  Awesome.

Wow.  When Angela finally starts playing now that her meat shield is gone, she, uh, is a bit like a bull in a china shop.  The social game needs to be a bit more subtle, honey.  Think Cirie, or Sandra, or hell...even Boston Rob if you want to be the cunningly crafty shit stirrer.   You strayed into the Hantz zone with those blatant machinations.  But you did bring it at the Immunity Challenge, ain't nobody gonna take that victory from you!  And?  Your husband is a lucky man...

• Love 1
11 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

And Wendell was building stuff again, which is my panty-dropping kryptonite.

You, me, and Amber.  I'll never forget her  watching Boston Rob build a shelter and nearly drooling.  I also loved Wendell just refusing the challenge. I'm always surprised more people don't  have to do that. I would.

Angela is one strange cookie, but I give her a pass on the tongue waggling and dance gyrations during the challenge.  I think that was part of her, "mind over matter," routine that kept her from thinking about what exactly was  in her mouth!

I was sorry to see that Laurel was so ready to turn against Wendell, but her reasoning made sense.  He should never have told her about the idol at this late stage.  I can't blame her for wanting to see strong competition go home, but I just thought they were tighter than that. 

• Love 6

I laughed at Chris's poor sad face on the jury, and when they did a sort of Chris-profile-with-voter (not sure I've seen that before) and he still looked sad.  

My aunt and uncle are old enough that they don't want material gifts to clutter up their house, so every Christmas I buy them scrapple at the Reading Terminal Market.

I was thinking that part of the problem with gross food is having to do it fast (or, in some shows, in quantity--Amazing Race and the dopey Challenge).  If someone had to eat scrapple faster than everyone else, that would be hard.  Heck, if someone had to eat a cheesesteak faster than everyone else, still hard.  Not as hard as a sea slug, but still.

When I lived in Tonga (not too far from Fiji) we accidentally bought sea cucumber guts at the market.  We figured out it was not what we were expecting (it was wrapped in banana leaves similarly to the delicious "Tongan Pudding"), and tried to feed it to a feral cat who would eat anything.  The cat freaked out as though the stuff was alive.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

my dad's from Philly so love your scrapple reference. We were the only ones eating it in Arkansas growing up--any time some PA relative came to visit. Fair point--tell yourself it's just like scrappel (though I actually like scrapple)

Oh, I love scrapple!  It's really good with syrup on it ;) But if one doesn't grow up eating it, and they're told what it really is, the sea slug would probably be a bit more enticing. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LadyNebula said:

Oh, I love scrapple!  It's really good with syrup on it ;) But if one doesn't grow up eating it, and they're told what it really is, the sea slug would probably be a bit more enticing. 

true; I remember my mom telling me my dad's sister found out what was in it and refused to eat it. I just kept on (though I eat it with ketchup--although if some syrup touches it because you are also eating pancakes, that's cool). 

I did wonder if they encouraged themselves by telling themselves "this has nutritional value" so even though I'm grossed out I'm better off to eat it. That might inspire me. They used to do the food challenge as part of getting to see your loved ones. At one point the loved ones had to do it --my husband and I agreed, that if I was the loved one, we 'd just say "see you in a bit!"--that was the year they ate spiders and I have a huge fear of spiders, so no.

I was kind of glad to see this challenge because I'd kind of forgotten we had not seen it in a while. I wonder if we get a Survivor Auction next. They've skipped that for a few. Or how about the old challenges for immunity where they people in the power position stupidly make it really clear who is in the bottom--and then things flip.

• Love 6