Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Feng Shui & The Golden Nook

The team finds out if mom and dad really know best as a son and his parents redesign each other's massive master bedrooms; one designer experiences some pushback with a proposed change that may jeopardize these family ties.

• Love 1

I want Vern to do my room. Personally I would have pulled the green or gray from the bedspread, instead of the orange (I'm just not an orange/yellow person), but overall I loved it.

Well, maybe not the yarn lights...

The photos were awesome; such a sweet personal touch.

Genevieve's looked really cool, too. Didn't love the black and gold bed frame, but that little alcove with the gold wallpaper and the scalloped edge along the top looked really great.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, SHD said:

I kept thinking the Dad looked like a grandfatherly Garry Shandling.

And at certain angles, Mom reminded me of Catherine O'Hara. Lovely couples.

I have to admit I really loved Vern's room. I usually don't, but this time the colors were all mine! I didn't love the lighting, but I am going to try that yarn idea on a smaller scale.

Loved Gen's alcove. This is the type of thing I'd want from the show. I love bold, but I'm too afraid to try it on my own.

• Love 6

Nice couples, good designers who aren't looking for drama (unless you count Gen flirting with Brett), and beautiful rooms that make the homeowners happy.  That's my kind of Trading Spaces episode. 

Vern's room was lovely.  The color scheme was gorgeous, and he used the space in that large room well.  The yarn lamps were a bit odd, but their size was good in proportion to the room.  

I wasn't crazy about the wallpaper that Gen used in the nook, but other than that, her room was quite nice.  

I'm always surprised by how different a dresser can look when the hardware's been changed out.

• Love 9

I think Vern should have gone with some type of metallic light fixture or used a different color yarn for the lights.  Not sure about whatever that was over the trunk, but overall his room was ok.  Joanie's bench could have been better.  I don't like birds, but I did like the color scheme and loved the photos of the couple. 

The other room was not terrible, but I did not like the frame thing she put on the nook and I felt like there was something off about the bed.   I also don't know if the wallpaper should have been on every part of the nook. 

Again, I would rather have Vern and Genevieve over any of the others. I think I have liked Sabrina Soto's designs on some other show, and I want to see what John Giddings can do.   For what it is, the budget, etc. I think the rooms were nice. 

I do like the idea of Nate on Trading Spaces.

• Love 3

I love Genevieve and Vern.  They can show up on my doorstep any time to redo any room they want.

And, it’s good to know the old Genevieve is here. “I need a screw.”  Never change, Gen, never change. ?

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

I don't like birds, but I did like the color scheme and loved the photos of the couple.

It was kind of a risk to use the bird bedspread since there seems to be a lot of people who don't like birds or are actually afraid of them. (ETA I loved the photos too!)

Paige has really loosened up on letting the homeowners walk away from her during the reveal. She used to keep a death grip!

Edited by Nordly Beaumont
  • Love 1

Did the parents go to the Wayfair tent? What did they pick?

43 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I didn't love the lighting, but I am going to try that yarn idea on a smaller scale.

We used to do that with balloons back in the day in Girl Scouts. Then you just have to pop the balloon!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

Did the parents go to the Wayfair tent? What did they pick?

We used to do that with balloons back in the day in Girl Scouts. Then you just have to pop the balloon!

It was an Overstock.com tent this time. They picked a bench (I think it was at the foot of the bed).

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2

I didn't dislike either room.  There were tons of elements of each that I liked and a few things that I didn't.  Overall, Vern and Gen do a much better job than most of the other designers. I can't think of one Frank room I ever liked, and only a few of Doug, maybe one or two of Laurie's and maybe one or two of Hildi's rooms.  Considering the number of rooms that Frank, Laurie, Doug and Hildi "designed" over the years you get the idea.  I was glad that the son got a chance to work with Vern and may have enjoyed that more than if Vern had designed their room and they did not like it. 

If the parents were that concerned about the show possibly messing with their new bedroom set, maybe they could have chosen a different room?  I never watch the first part of the show so I don't get a good feel for what the homeowners like.....(do they even talk about that part?) so I never know if the designers are going in a totally different direction. Whatever I did hear about the parents I expected their room to have more of a free spirit style than what Vern came up with, although I think his design was also great. 

Do they encourage the homeowners to make their rooms look as dull and empty as possible so that the reveals/transformations can be more dramatic? I find it hard to believe that both couples had master bedrooms that were that terrible in those houses! 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Do they encourage the homeowners to make their rooms look as dull and empty as possible so that the reveals/transformations can be more dramatic? I find it hard to believe that both couples had master bedrooms that were that terrible in those houses! 

Interesting thought! They seemed like people with taste, knowledge of feng shui, and they seemed like they cared about their home. I noticed the parent's bed (I think) was pretty rumply. I was thinking that if it was my room on tv, I'd have the bed made perfectly! Maybe they do encourage that, or maybe production goes in and makes it more of a "before" picture?

• Love 4

Yeah, the parents' bedroom seemed freakishly bland. Not one picture on the massive expanse of wall? Odd.

I would give my left nut (I don't actually have nuts) for an alcove in my bedroom. I'd line it with bookshelves and put a comfy reading chaise in there. 

The yarn lamps were a bit odd, but their size was good in proportion to the room.  

But Vern said if you had to buy them they'd be $3000! Oh Vern, please. What idiot spends $3000 on string art lights? Would have been easier to remove and cheaper if he had used a jumbo balloon instead of an exercise ball.

Both rooms were nice, with lots of interesting touches. Loved the bird fabric.

Edited by Shermie
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Shermie said:

But Vern said if you had to buy them they'd be $3000! Oh Vern, please. What idiot spends $3000 on string art lights? Would have been easier to remove and cheaper if he had used a jumbo balloon instead of an exercise ball.

Out of curiosity I googled "large yarn globe lights" and clicked on "shopping" and found similar-looking items ranging anywhere from 12 to 2,387 bucks...

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

certain angles, Mom reminded me of Catherine O'Hara. Lovely couples.

Omg Yes! 

More specifically her character Cookie Fleck from Best in Show. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Has anyone managed to catch what Genevieve's shirt says?

I think it said "Love is Dope" with a heart for the O in dope.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SHD said:

I think it said "Love is Dope" with a heart for the O in dope.

Thank you! It was bugging me; her hair is always covering that side. I'm watching the rerun again and I think you are right.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

Paige has really loosened up on letting the homeowners walk away from her during the reveal. She used to keep a death grip!

That's probably the result of using different cameras this time around; the increased mobility means it's not as important for her to keep them in place during the reveal.  She does still have to corral them somewhat - and pull their hands down when they hit/cover their mics while flailing about - but there's better coverage than in old school episodes.

I liked both rooms, for the most part; a few things in each I'd change if it were my room, but nicely pulled together on the whole. 

That nook in the one bedroom is just utterly wasted space to me -- I don't want my bedroom containing more than a bed, TV, nightstands, and dresser(s), as everything else happens in other rooms -- but it was there, and something needed to be done with it.  I'm still not sure what the purpose of it was, other than to lounge on that bench and read, but she gave them a good start on making it functional.  (Did they have kids, so that they may need to hide in their bedroom to read, watch TV, and otherwise do stuff they'd otherwise do in other rooms if the whole house was theirs alone?)

Vern using the exercise ball to make the yarn lights amused me, since that technique was used on old episodes with balloons, so he just spent extra money unnecessarily -- although maybe not, if he was set on them being that size; do balloons come that big?

It used to be - at least some of the time - that when the designers went over budget, they had to pay the overage out of pocket, which went into the party fund.  This time, Gen had to take something out of the room to get it down to budget.  They always claimed that's what happened, but we'd see in the pre-reveal interviews that designers were over budget and that didn't happen, so it's a bit of a jumble as to what actually happens.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That nook in the one bedroom is just utterly wasted space to me -- I don't want my bedroom containing more than a bed, TV, nightstands, and dresser(s), as everything else happens in other rooms -- but it was there, and something needed to be done with it.  I'm still not sure what the purpose of it was, other than to lounge on that bench and read, but she gave them a good start on making it functional.  (Did they have kids, so that they may need to hide in their bedroom to read, watch TV, and otherwise do stuff they'd otherwise do in other rooms if the whole house was theirs alone?)

They had two kids.

It used to be - at least some of the time - that when the designers went over budget, they had to pay the overage out of pocket, which went into the party fund.  This time, Gen had to take something out of the room to get it down to budget.  They always claimed that's what happened, but we'd see in the pre-reveal interviews that designers were over budget and that didn't happen, so it's a bit of a jumble as to what actually happens.

I think they were joking about taking something out; the pillow Paige took was there when they did the reveal. (Also, I doubt that pillow was worth 29 bucks.)

Shallow note: I love Gen's hair.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Bastet said:

This time, Gen had to take something out of the room to get it down to budget. 

Except in the reveal, the bolster was back! I ran the DVR back to double check!

And in the Overstock tent, the bench and the baskets were in both showings!

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Vern using the exercise ball to make the yarn lights amused me, since that technique was used on old episodes with balloons, so he just spent extra money unnecessarily -- although maybe not, if he was set on them being that size; do balloons come that big?

In addition to easily being that size and perfectly round, you don't have to be as gently as with balloons which pop much more easily. Plus, you can resuse the exercise balls. Maybe he left them fir the homeowners.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, suebee12 said:

I wonder what they'd do if they picked the same item...(though I think there are some behind-the-scenes shenanigans going on that make it unlikely).

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

When they walked away with the pillow, Gen said "Please put it back for the reveal" so maybe they didn't get to keep it.  Oh, I do think it could cost $29, pillows can be weirdly costly.

I sent a tweet to Paige and said I'd send her $30 if she would put Gen's pillow back and she replied that they had given it back to the homeowners.

• Love 18

Now that's how you redo a room! No stupid crazy-just-to-be-crazy designs, the rooms were actually what the homeowners wanted, they looked more expensive than cheap. I thought both rooms were really successful; though there were a few touches I didn't care for, they didn't ruin the designs. It did bother me you could see the flat ceiling at the top of the scalloped arch. I doubt that was supposed to be the case -- bad measuring, perhaps?

I want that bed Gen did like NOW.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Plus, you can resuse the exercise balls.

After you pop them?  They weren't deflating them, they were stabbing them.

38 minutes ago, suebee12 said:

Except in the reveal, the bolster was back!

Yeah, Genevieve said something along the lines of, "That better be back for the reveal."  It would suck to keep the room intact, and then after the homeowners had seen it, announce that X,Y, and/or Z items were coming out due to budget.  The "designers pay overage [but understand they can go over by $30, not $300]" scenario seems more likely, and jives with the "it's for the party fund" thing Paige spouted in the past, but they've also claimed Paige makes them remove stuff to get to budget, so who knows.  Vern pulling stuff out of his warehouse of goodies to use without counting against the budget in the past, much to other designer's consternation, plays into this as well.  Again, who knows - the statements from the show's own people have contradicted themselves as to how budget busters are handled.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Bastet said:

After you pop them?  They weren't deflating them, they were stabbing them.

I just rewatched and they didn't pop them or stab them.  Vern carefully cut a hole in the top of just the yarn and she used the eraser end of a pencil to push the ball away from the yarn as Vern was deflating it through the ball's hole, so completely reusable.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

Interesting thought! They seemed like people with taste, knowledge of feng shui, and they seemed like they cared about their home. I noticed the parent's bed (I think) was pretty rumply. I was thinking that if it was my room on tv, I'd have the bed made perfectly! Maybe they do encourage that, or maybe production goes in and makes it more of a "before" picture?

Or, the homeowners learned their lesson from watching the show back when it was on, and pulled out anything of interest that might be destroyed in the name of Trading Spaces. They couldn't take out the bed since that would be questioned, but everything else they could save was probably hidden in a hall closet.

• Love 15

If I were having one of the Trading Spaces designers redo my bedroom, I would definitely empty out my clothes, jewelry, pictures etc. from the room.  If Doug or Hildi were the designer, I would be afraid of he/she using my old underthings as a wall treatment.  Hildi used hay, fur, record albums, and cds, why not use Movingtargetgal's underwear?

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Shermie said:

I would give my left nut (I don't actually have nuts) for an alcove in my bedroom. I'd line it with bookshelbpves and put a comfy reading chaise in there. 

Exactly what I would have done, but I thought both rooms turned out nicely.  At first I thought - what a difference an extra $1000 makes, but then, with inflation, it really doesn't.  The difference is clearly the designers.  Gen can go wacky sometimes, but overall, she does a pretty good job.  And Vern..well, Vern is Vern.  His style is not mine, but he always comes through.  I shudder to think what Hildi would have done with gold wallpaper, yarn and balls, and silver leaf.

(Actually, I rolled my eyes when Gen first showed the wallpaper, but it worked, I think, because it was a small area and there wasn't much of it.)

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 6

On a shallow note, Page's hair looked much better in this episode.  it is lighter and the cut and styling looked much more flattering.  The first 2 weeks, her hair was too dark for her skin tone and it looked like she had cut the bangs herself.

I liked the rooms overall, and would have been happy to have had either one.  Yes, Shipmate, this is the type of episodes that the viewers want.

• Love 6

Loved that the couple who were into feng shui got Vern. I hope they try to better match designers and homeowners this time instead of going for the shock value.

What in Lularoe hell was Paige wearing? I am not digging her style this time around.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, catrice2 said:

I think Vern should have gone with some type of metallic light fixture or used a different color yarn for the lights.  Not sure about whatever that was over the trunk, but overall his room was ok.

The 2 piece covering over the trunk was very odd.  I missed what was said about that.  I am sure it was to do with feng shui but missed why the wooden trunk should not be seen.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Wings said:

The 2 piece covering over the trunk was very odd.  I missed what was said about that.  I am sure it was to do with feng shui but missed why the wooden trunk should not be seen.  

I assumed it may have been for them to slide them over to the chairs and use as trays or something?  This is what happens when you don't watch the entire episode! I have gaps.  I didn't realize it was related to the feng shui. 

Yes, pillows can cost that much. I have a one of a similar size that was $34 ON CLEARANCE, so depending on the size, brand, fabric, pillows are very costly.  I will also say, however, I have learned that the quality varies greatly and I would rather pay a decent price for  good pillow than have a crappy one that doesn't last. 

I think it was too much wall paper for the small space and that one accent wall or the two walls facing would have been enough without the entire space. 

Why am I dreading the Laurie and Frank episodes sure to come?   The parents seemed to be very fun loving people.   I think it is nice to have a sitting area in a room, and as someone said I would make it a reading nook, or even if it was more open like the parents stage it so it was more for reading than watching television...and certainly not have a desk or anything in the room, unless it was strictly a writing desk. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Exactly what I would have done, but I thought both rooms turned out nicely.  At first I thought - what a difference an extra $1000 makes, but then, with inflation, it really doesn't.  The difference is clearly the designers.  Gen can go wacky sometimes, but overall, she does a pretty good job.  And Vern..well, Vern is Vern.  His style is not mine, but he always comes through.  I shudder to think what Hildi would have done with gold wallpaper, yarn and balls, and silver leaf.

(Actually, I rolled my eyes when Gen first showed the wallpaper, but it worked, I think, because it was a small area and there wasn't much of it.)

Gen is a little hit or miss with me, but I would pick her over Hildi or a few others any day. That wallpaper would have been way too much if she had done the whole room, but one smaller, defined space was okay (at least on my TV screen..).

57 minutes ago, tobeannounced said:

Loved that the couple who were into feng shui got Vern. I hope they try to better match designers and homeowners this time instead of going for the shock value.

What in Lularoe hell was Paige wearing? I am not digging her style this time around.

I was annoyed when the son was describing what his mom would like to see in her room, and Paige was like, "No! What do you want in here?!" I'd have said, "I want something that the people who actually live here would want." (That's partly why I like Vern so much. I saw an older episode the other night where the room was so not his style but was perfect for the homeowners. Surprisingly enough, the other designer was Hildi and she did the same thing.)

I don't get the love for Lularoe. I've had a few friends do their Facebook "parties" so I checked them out and I saw very few prints I would ever actually wear; I think most of them are ugly. I also won't buy clothes that I can't try on first and can't easily return. (I've also read that their quality isn't all that great.)

I wonder how Vern got the pictures for the walls. He had to have ordered those prints in advance; do they ask the homeowners for pictures along with their other information so the designers can get a sense of who they are? Or did they contact the son when Vern got the idea to do that? Those were more than just "this is what we look like" kind of shots.

18 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Yes, pillows can cost that much. I have a one of a similar size that was $34 ON CLEARANCE, so depending on the size, brand, fabric, pillows are very costly.  I will also say, however, I have learned that the quality varies greatly and I would rather pay a decent price for  good pillow than have a crappy one that doesn't last. 

I know they can; I guess I was thinking she made it, or at least with their budgets she wouldn't have spent that much on one pillow. But who knows. I do wish they would break down what they spent on the different elements.

• Love 3

I love the rapport Gen had with the parents; Paige clicked with them, too.  Nifty people.  Gen seemed to hit the right note with the gold nook because mom loved it for her daughter.  She did a good job marrying their tastes, contemporary and eastern/hindu/spiritual?  I think mom said Egyptian.  Moot point, she loved it!    

I loved their black 4 poster bed with the gold.  She did a good job bringing gold into the main room and tying everything together.  I also loved the curtains. 

Genevieve smoked Vern!  The parents loved it and that is what mattered.   I thought it funny that the children wanted Vern to do their room (understandably) and they got the better room, knew it and were elated!   

I would love to see all of the designers aim to please.  All the other decor shows do this.  I don't know if Doug and Hildi will even try though it could be producers behind their nonsense.  Maybe that won't happen this season.  Who am I kidding?  

18 minutes ago, catrice2 said:
57 minutes ago, Wings said:

but missed why the wooden trunk should not be seen.  

I assumed it may have been for them to slide them over to the chairs and use as trays or something?  This is what happens when you don't watch the entire episode! I have gaps.  I didn't realize it was related to the feng shui. 

I just watched again and it remains unclear but I think you are right even though Vern never said that.  It did not look good at all.  It loomed too large and tall in the middle of the room.  That and his yarn lights did not work. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

I would love to see all of the designers aim to please.  All the other decor shows do this.  I don't know if Doug and Hildi will even try though it could be producers behind their nonsense.  Maybe that won't happen this season.  Who am I kidding?  

Well, Doug and Hildi were in the first episode and Doug's wasn't terrible in the end and the homeowner's seemed to like it, but Hildi's was a hot mess of an eyesore, so...

I just watched again and it remains unclear but I think you are right even though Vern never said that.  It did not look good at all.  It loomed too large and tall in the middle of the room.  That and his yarn lights did not work. 

From what he said at the end, the chest was theirs, maybe an antique or something (or at least had some sentimental value), and he made a point of telling them they didn't change it in any way. Maybe to have it in the room but with something over it so they could use it as a surface without risking damaging the top? But yeah, I don't recall him ever explaining his plan there. I don't remember them even building them, really. That's one thing I probably wouldn't keep in place..

3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:
10 minutes ago, Wings said:

Well, Doug and Hildi were in the first episode and Doug's wasn't terrible in the end and the homeowner's seemed to like it, but Hildi's was a hot mess of an eyesore, so...

ACK how soon I forget. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Wings said:

I love the rapport Gen had with the parents; Paige clicked with them, too.  Nifty people.

I love how the commercial played up where the mom said "that's bad feng shui" and Gen just looking at her and made it seem all ominous like mom was gonna turn out to be some kooky new agey nut who would fight everything because it was bad mojo. But no, it was just, don't put the mirror there and the next second they were all laughing (I also noticed on second watching that the mirror ended up on the wall above the bed, so they wouldn't be able to see it from the bed).

Same with the son and "is that gonna be an issue" when they were talking about the bed and he thought Vern wanted to do something to it, but no, just taking it out and if the parents really wanted to put it back they could. Okay. 

I guess that really was all the drama they could find for the promos.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I would think they would be...so both couples would have the chance to pick from everything.  I would be kinda cool if they both picked the same item, that bench would have been great in both places.

12 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Thank you! It was bugging me; her hair is always covering that side. I'm watching the rerun again and I think you are right.

lolol that was killing me too!! Im such a loser that I kept rewinding to see if it showed it ANYWHERE...hey its the principle of the the thing! Im not going to fixate on it for an hour without figuring it out?  I believe the F word may have come out several times during my investigation.

Edited by Christi
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Wings said:
12 minutes ago, ams1001 said:
19 minutes ago, Wings said:

ACK how soon I forget. 

I have been watching reruns and I lumped Hildi's room into that pile in my mind.  So I guess she is not interested in giving good room.  :>) 

16 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I love how the commercial played up where the mom said "that's bad feng shui" and Gen just looking at her and made it seem all ominous like mom was gonna turn out to be some kooky new agey nut who would fight everything because it was bad mojo. But no, it was just, don't put the mirror there and the next second they were all laughing (I also noticed on second watching that the mirror ended up on the wall above the bed, so they wouldn't be able to see it from the bed).

But she said the bad Feng Shui would be to be able to see their relflection from the bed...so the mirror above the bed worked as Feng Shui-able

8 minutes ago, Wings said:

I have been watching reruns and I lumped Hildi's room into that pile in my mind.  So I guess she is not interested in giving good room.  :>) 

Ditto...but I let out a little "Squee" every time I see she is designing.  The fake flower bathroom will always be etched in my memory.  Even back then I was gobsmacked thinking of all the hairspray, powder, odor, mildew etc sticking to those things? 

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Christi said:

I would think they would be...so both couples would have the chance to pick from everything.  I would be kinda cool if they both picked the same item, that bench would have been great in both places.

lolol that was killing me too!! Im such a loser that I kept rewinding to see if it showed it ANYWHERE...hey its the principle of the the thing! Im not going to fixate on it for an hour without figuring it out?  I believe the F word may have come out several times during my investigation.

Maybe they have duplicates of some items that would work for both? It'd be interesting to see if they noticed that the thing the picked was also in their room at the reveal.

Every time I saw the promos all week the shirt was bugging me. I kept thinking, maybe she'll pull her hair back or at least move it off her shoulder at some point during the show, but I don't think she did. I don't know how she does so much physical work with her hair down like that. I'd be pulling it back into a braid five minutes in. My hair's a few inches past my shoulders and sometimes I can't even sit at my desk all day without pulling it back.

Ha! Found it!!

love-is-dope-front_720x.jpg

8 minutes ago, Christi said:

But she said the bad Feng Shui would be to be able to see their relflection from the bed...so the mirror above the bed worked as Feng Shui-able

I know. Didn't Gen want to put it on the ceiling or something at first? (In which case, just no. That's almost as bad as Hildi's wall of mirror right next to the bed.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2

I see I can write at the top, but for for some reason, I couldn't write below or beneath.
On the first quote, I saw that blurb on the program info, and waited for drama the whole time.
On the second, I think Doug is worse about this than Hildi.
On the third, that's what I did with my small walk-in closet in my apartment bedroom.  A bookcase and shelves, but no chaise.
(I've always been able to do multi-quotes before.  I blame Windows 10.)

On 4/17/2018 at 3:56 PM, aquarian1 said:

one designer experiences some pushback with a proposed change that may jeopardize these family ties.

12 hours ago, Suzysite said:

Hildi has been known to go grab furniture from other rooms to paint and mutilate. 

21 hours ago, Shermie said:

I would give my left nut (I don't actually have nuts) for an alcove in my bedroom. I'd line it with bookshelbpves and put a comfy reading chaise in there. 

Edited by auntjess
When I finally got my multiple quotes in, I have no room to write anything.

I would choose Gens room over Verns in a heartbeat.  I would remove the arch to the gold nook but leave the gold wallpaper for awhile.   She didn't wallpaper the ceiling so it was on 2 VERY short walls and one taller one at the back.  The sloping ceiling limited how much gold there was.   All my jewelry is silver so gold would be a new deal for me but I would try it because the overall room was fabulous.  

Gen had a decor show after TS and what she did was very cool and appealing.  I expect to see good rooms from her.  

'

• Love 3

I thought it was odd they didn't show Paige at Gen's house until half way into the episode.  Paige was at the initial meeting with Vern but not Gen.   Then every time we saw Gen, no Paige but they'd flip back to Vern and there she was.  She didn't interact with Gen or the parents until the picked from the pop up shop.  

The new carpenters are still really awkward on camera and interacting with the designers.  I hope they settle in.  Right now it's like watching a really awkward job interview go down. 

I didn't care or Gen's room .   Hated the bed and the arch looked liked something salvaged from the Morocco pavilion at Epcot.   Vern's was nice.   The yarn lights weren't necessarily bad  but didn't really go with silver leaf and the other elements he had.    

• Love 1