Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Chivalry Is Dead

Well, that was really hard to sit through. I kept waiting for the chivalry brain to start wearing off so the real Liv would show through, but no...it just kept on going right to the end. Boring! At least it wasn't another sex brain, but I'm completely over this gimmick of a weirdo brain totally controlling Liv.

So has Liv now lost her power to heal? And if so, why? Normally I would be interested in how they deal with the implications of that, but based on the previews I'm not sure it's worth sticking around in the hope they will deal with a serious issue.

• Love 3

I used to love this show.  Now, I doubt I'll be watching anymore.  I was sick to death of Liv's stupid medieval brain - (I really doubt the guy talked like that ALL THE TIME), and just had to FF any scene she was in.  Looks like another one next week - rapper girlfriend, no thanks. 

I also don't like this whole human/zombie trafficking SL- why are we supposed to think this is a good thing, picking and choosing what deserving people they'll "save," when we've already seen starving zombies in Seattle.  If someone has an incurable disease, let them die. 

The only thing I did like - the return of Mr. Boss. 

Edited by mjc570
names should be correct
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Paloma said:

Well, that was really hard to sit through. I kept waiting for the chivalry brain to start wearing off so the real Liv would show through, but no...it just kept on going right to the end. Boring! At least it wasn't another sex brain, but I'm completely over this gimmick of a weirdo brain totally controlling Liv.

So has Liv now lost her power to heal? And if so, why? Normally I would be interested in how they deal with the implications of that, but based on the previews I'm not sure it's worth sticking around in the hope they will deal with a serious issue.

There's the potential for 2 good plot twists. Either Liv can't turn anyone, which would mean there may be a point where a zombie is no longer contagious. Or maybe the girl has some kind of natural immunity to zombeism. I think Liv may be the longest living original zombie, since patient zero took cures 1 and 2.

• Love 8

Case of the week was once again fairly predictable (complete with the brain making Liv speak like a hammy player from a Renaissance fair), although I guess it was kind of interesting that it ended on a rarer note where the killer is likely going to get away with hit, since he'll just keep playing up that he didn't know the victim was human.  Unless they can flip the wife and have her admit that he knew about the affair, but I can see her sticking by him.

Of course, the zombies have created a Thunderdome!

Fun seeing Stacey Boss again and realigning with Blaine (oh, and Don E.!)  I think they'll likely regret working alongside Angus and his flock though.  They're just way too unpredictable, and will eventually do something to mess up their own plans.

It sucks that Clive and Bozzio have become so angsty now.

So, the cliffhanger is resolved by Peyton actually agreeing with Liv and trying to help out Renegade?  Complete with stealing money that just happens to belong to Boss.  Uh oh!

So, the girl at the end is either immune to the zombie virus or Liv's ability to turn is wearing off for some reason.  I'm guessing it's the former and that will play a major role once words gets around.

Glad to see Melissa O'Neil's character again, although I wish there was more of her.

• Love 2

I actually thought they would make Clive immune... I mean it still might happen... But I thought he'd be first especially with the problems with him and bozzio.. That she would snap and scratch him so they could be together and then nada happens.. And well drama afterwards... I liked the thunderdome... And Magnus wouldn't mind if he popped up again... I liked mama Leonne... Not as big a fan of Liv as renegade.   Them "saving" ppl does seem like playing God... Especially with so many zombies already suffering it does seem like do-gooder naievete 

• Love 3

Zombie Thunderdome for the win! The rest? Ehh. The nonstop ren fair brain was crazily annoying. I usually enjoy the brain of the week, as long as it alternates with Liv, but good grief this was overkill. When immune girl was upset on the phone and Liv didn’t switch to normal speech I knew I’d be FF’ing some of this. I did enjoy Blaine’s play by play of the guy dying. 

• Love 3

So Liv has such a bleeding heart about these humans that need to be saved by couldn't care less about the current starving zombies to the point where she is actively making their situation worse.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ashand11 said:

So Liv has such a bleeding heart about these humans that need to be saved by couldn't care less about the current starving zombies to the point where she is actively making their situation worse.

And she used to be helping Ravi work on a cure, now she's just infecting new people Ravi will have to try to cure later.

• Love 4
(edited)

Don E. continues to crack me up. His indignation at the tiny six point font in the catalog and his unceasing defense of Crybaby Carl's medical condition were great.

I guess now we definitely know that Angus lost part of his memories since he thinks that it was raining brain parts when he was in the well. That explains his markedly decreased hatred of Blaine lately.

So is Clive going to get into LARPing and meet a nice human?

Loved how incredulous Mr. Boss was when Blaine said he didn't have the manpower to break someone out of a prison bus.

How long until Blaine has a vision of that guy telling Peyton where the money is? And is Blaine gross/desperate enough to blackmail Peyton into having some kind of relationship with him in exchange for not telling Mr. Boss that she's the one who took his money?

I know Angus wants brains for his followers, but do you really want them eating the brains of convicted felons? No one thought that this could possibly create temporary behavioral problems?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

Wow.  This episode was awful.  Nearly unwatchable.  I had to fast forward through almost any scene with Liv.  She's not even dominated by the brains she eats, because the personality she develops is not even a human personality.  It's a cartoon character.

The girl at the end is likely immune to the zombie virus.  This could have great potential in developing a cure, which is why I am sure we will never ever hear of it again.

Edited by RayAdverb
  • Love 6

I think I'm deleting this off my DVR when I get home.  I liked to watch it for the continuing plot lines, but they develop those so slowly, and have way too much "wacky Liv on brain of the week hijinx" to be worth it.  I keep looking at the episode number and wondering how much more I'll have to sit through.  A person should never be in that kind of relationship with a TV show.  A person also shouldn't be fast forwarding through portions of the show because it's so bad.

I'll just wait until the end of the season and binge watch the remainder.

• Love 3

Liv: I know people have been complaining about Liv having been completely subsumed in the brain of the week for the entire season, but for me, this was the first time that it was over the top. Maybe it was because no real person LARPs 24-7 the way they might be a Seahawks fan or a rich bitch or a player. Maybe it's because LARP brain was particularly annoying and not particularly funny. Somewhat disappointed that Liv appointed Clive her "liege." Why couldn't she have been her own liege?

Clive: Tired of the Bozzio drama when they really haven't given us much reason to be invested in the relationship. Quick: what are some of Bozzio's personality traits or some of the things that they are built on as a couple? I don't know. I would have thought that Clive would have been more into LARPing since it's close to his beloved Game of Thrones. I also would have expected him to contact FG in terms of the Murder of the Week, since it involved a zombie suspect killing a human. The notion that the zombie gets away with it with the fact of him having caught Lancelot lancing a lot with his wife seems far-fetched.

Major: Confirmation that Major retains at least some good guy tendencies by rigging the coin toss so that the brain smugglers get to live. Seems like Major is not good at the undercover thing, because he should have let Graves (or whoever he was texting) know that he was meeting Roche way earlier than the time of the meet. Also probably shouldn't have put in text. Also, when he ran into Liv, he should have been more like, "Used to tap that, tried to tap it again, no luck" rather than "Oh, that's some girl I don't really know who I was trying to hook up with." Because you got to figure there are people at FG, not to mention Blaine and Don-E and others at the Scratching Post, who know that Major and Liv had been a thing, and even Roche might smell something's up when he finds that out. Then again, as I think about it, Major is sort of screwed. Having been introduced to FG leadership as VP-Getting Stuff Done, it seems inevitable that the FG part of the brain-smuggling ring is going to involve at least one member of FG leadership. And when Major shows up on their radar as a guy looking to make a little extra cash, they will put 2 and 2 together.

Peyton: On the one hand, I do appreciate it when they give her stuff to do beyond looking hot. On the other hand, Peyton's breaking bad makes even less sense than Liv's. Peyton knows acutely about the existing brain shortage. She spends her days as mayoral assistant trying to juggle all the things that need to be juggled because of the brain shortage, and saw first-hand about how the bus driver's family was affected and the sort of tragedy a lack of brains could cause. So she's going to increase the need for brains? And then there's the self-preservation/Liv-preservation issue. If Liv is so bad at this that she can get caught starting out, she's picking a one-way ticket to Smashotine-ville. I wouldn't have thought that she'd go and take mob money to get in on the Underground Railroad. There's no way that could bite her in the butt./sarcasm

Ravi: Don't really have much to say on him, other than it being irresponsible for him to be sleeping with Peyton when he's a part-time zombie.

Blaine: I liked the addition to Crybaby Carl to the crew. But one would think that being a zombie would cure his glandular condition.

Misc: It was good to see Stacey Boss again. Was confused and thought he was a zombie, because I don't think any human would make it traveling in a crate of ice and brains. Isobel presumably has natural immunity to the zombie virus, so maybe that will get Ravi back to working on a cure.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

when he ran into Liv, he should have been more like, "Used to tap that, tried to tap it again, no luck" rather than "Oh, that's some girl I don't really know who I was trying to hook up with." Because you got to figure there are people at FG, not to mention Blaine and Don-E and others at the Scratching Post, who know that Major and Liv had been a thing, and even Roche might smell something's up when he finds that out.

I thought the same thing as I was watching the episode. As the saying goes, the best lies always have a grain of truth to them. But in this case, being mostly truthful would have made the most sense, especially since there are other people at FG who know that Liv and Major dated. All he had to say was that she was his ex and he was being polite and saying hi or that he was seeing if she was drunk enough to want to hook up. Don't lie unless you need to, Major!

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Misc: It was good to see Stacey Boss again. Was confused and thought he was a zombie, because I don't think any human would make it traveling in a crate of ice and brains.

Chicago Redshirt, I love your whole post but am quoting this because I was also confused about whether he was a zombie and also about where he was before this. I can't remember how his story ended up in a previous season (did he just go on the lam?), but if he's not a zombie how did he survive traveling in a crate of ice? Maybe he was wearing insulated clothing.

Not sure if it is OK to post reviews in the episode thread rather than the media thread, but this review perfectly sums up why I didn't like this episode and, more generally, this season: 

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/izombie/272899/izombie-season-4-episode-8-review-chivalry-is-dead

• Love 1

What did the suspect gain by refusing to write a confession?  It's not like people get due process in Seattle.  Renegade was arrested and publicly executed a few days later.  Fillmore Graves shot up a newspaper with no repercussions.  Does the Constitution apply only when it's convenient to the plot?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Paloma said:

Chicago Redshirt, I love your whole post but am quoting this because I was also confused about whether he was a zombie and also about where he was before this. I can't remember how his story ended up in a previous season (did he just go on the lam?), but if he's not a zombie how did he survive traveling in a crate of ice? Maybe he was wearing insulated clothing.

The last I remember, Blaine was recruiting Boss to help supply him with brains, and Boss tried a couple times to kill him (without trying for a head wound, natch). I mean, I guess a human COULD spend like an hour on ice or something, but it seems a lot of work when he could just as easily have sent an e-mail/text or called. Physically being in Seattle doesn't do much to guarantee Blaine will keep his end of the bargain, increases the risk that Blaine (or many someone/something else) might kill him, and creates the problem of how he might get back out. Some of this can be solved with enough money, but there was literally nothing to stop Blaine from bashing Boss's brains in if the money had been there.

53 minutes ago, RayAdverb said:

What did the suspect gain by refusing to write a confession?  It's not like people get due process in Seattle.  Renegade was arrested and publicly executed a few days later.  Fillmore Graves shot up a newspaper with no repercussions.  Does the Constitution apply only when it's convenient to the plot?

Well in anything approaching real life, he would still be tried. They have enough for a jury to find beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed murder -- the fact that he did kill the Victim of the Week, that he used a different sword than he usually would have, one that was meant for armor piercing, that he sucker stabbed the VOW, that he knew the VOW was human, that the VOW cuckolded him and he found out, and even his non-confession answers were not those of an innocent man.

In the iZombieverse, it seems that Seattle PD is still bound by the Constitution and other laws (as well as whatever FG dictates). FG seems like it can/will do whatever it wants. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, GaT said:

I guess Rose McIver got tired of the wig & makeup, so she's not going to look like a zombie anymore. I don't like it. 

I liked her zombie look better, except for the horrible wig.  Seriously, we're on season 4 and they still can't get her a realistic looking white hair wig? 

Chicago Redshirt pretty much said everything I was thinking.  One more quibble about Liz - she must be making some serious money in that job.  She manages to buy a whole new wardrobe to fit each brain of the week.  We didn't see Major and his friend dressed up as cowboys, and don't see this  happening with anyone else.  I am with all those that thinks they've gone way over the top with this (especially Ren Faire guy who obviously wouldn't have spoken like that 24/7), and wish they'd go back to the "influence" vs. "take over" personality.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, RayAdverb said:

The girl at the end is likely immune to the zombie virus.  This could have great potential in developing a cure, which is why I am sure we will never ever hear of it again.

She may only be immune as a result of whatever is going to kill her, so this may give Ravi a dead end to investigate for a while first.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Case of the week was once again fairly predictable (complete with the brain making Liv speak like a hammy player from a Renaissance fair), although I guess it was kind of interesting that it ended on a rarer note where the killer is likely going to get away with hit, since he'll just keep playing up that he didn't know the victim was human.  Unless they can flip the wife and have her admit that he knew about the affair, but I can see her sticking by him.

Because he can't flip his own wife, if you know what I mean.

10 hours ago, RayAdverb said:

Wow.  This episode was awful.  Nearly unwatchable.  I had to fast forward through almost any scene with Liv.  She's not even dominated by the brains she eats, because the personality she develops is not even a human personality.  It's a cartoon character.

I thought they said the guy studied Medieval history. That might make him more obsessed. 

2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

She may only be immune as a result of whatever is going to kill her, so this may give Ravi a dead end to investigate for a while first.

Every zombie cure or vaccine has been about 90% Unobtainium, er, tainted Utopium. It's kind of a given that if a zombie cure was available free and clear, Liv would take it. Therefore, either the cure must remain out of reach or the show is over. I remember there was an episode of "Forever Knight" where a genetically engineered virus to cure AIDS caused an epidemic that killed vampires. The cure for the vampires was to drink AIDS tainted blood.

I can kind of hand wave the LARPERs brain making Liv super medieval all the time as he was both a LARPER and a medieval studies professor, but that doesn't make it less annoying. I miss the days when Livs brains just kind of affected her and her hobbies and interests, and didnt just totally take over her personality. 

So it looks like Major really is acting like an asshole to get in with the corrupt Fillmore Graves guy. At least that makes me feel better about his asshole behavior. Granted, he`s still working for the clearly sketchy Fillmore Graves, but he is definitely not turning into a total monster. 

I did like when Liv was interviewing the wife, and was talking about Clive's relationship issues, and it kind of derailed the interview talking about relationship issues. Although, I wonder how productive these interviews are now, with Liv spazzing out on her recent brains. 

I am honestly waiting for Liv to realize that making new zombies is making the problem actively worse. Yeah, helping sick people is good, but those people need to eat now, and its already a mess feeding the zombies Seattle has now, let alone with these other people. 

Zombie Thunderdome!

• Love 1

I think the show needs to address why Liv reacts so strongly to brains.. I mean when Blaine  was on constant blurter brain he couldn't stop telling the truth and what was on his mind.. So maybe something abt Blaine infecting her so her zombie effects are stronger... Or just that she doesn't fight it as much becuz it may help on the case... Anything really so it doesn't seem so random 

• Love 1

Liv talking like a renaissance fair participant 24/7 was silly and obnoxious - but I don't see how it was any more silly or obnoxious than when she ate the brain of that pre-school teacher, and talked to everyone like they were four years old.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Liv talking like a renaissance fair participant 24/7 was silly and obnoxious - but I don't see how it was any more silly or obnoxious than when she ate the brain of that pre-school teacher, and talked to everyone like they were four years old.

I think at that point in the show we were just starting to get to the point where the brains were dominating.  We were not yet getting bludgeoned over the head every single week.  So it hadn't grown annoying.  Seriously, every second Liv talks is like fingernails on a chalkboard and screaming baby mashed together and remixed with a bagpipe track.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I think the main gripe (for this episode) is that there was no reason to believe the original brain owner talked like that 24/7.  If I recall correctly, he was a history professor, and there was nothing to indicate he spoke in Shakespearian mode all the time.  So her going into 24/7 Ren Faire persona made no sense.  (And, I can't believe I'm talking "sense" about a show about zombies, but there you go.)  The larger gripe is that the brains no longer just influence her behavior, but totally take it over, and many viewers liked the character better the old way.

• Love 4

If she ate the brain of a mute, would she lose the ability to speak?  That would be so wonderful.

I've already deleted this show from my DVR schedule.  I'll just catch the rest on Netflix this summer.  It's what I do with shows that are unbearable to watch in real time but I still want to know how the plot goes.  Like Under the Dome.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, chaifan said:

I think the main gripe (for this episode) is that there was no reason to believe the original brain owner talked like that 24/7.  If I recall correctly, he was a history professor, and there was nothing to indicate he spoke in Shakespearian mode all the time.  So her going into 24/7 Ren Faire persona made no sense.  (And, I can't believe I'm talking "sense" about a show about zombies, but there you go.)  The larger gripe is that the brains no longer just influence her behavior, but totally take it over, and many viewers liked the character better the old way.

The pre-school teacher was a womanizer - there was no reason to believe he was always talking to people like they were toddlers.

I'm not in any way defending the writers' bizarre insistence on having the brain of the week overtake Liv's personality completely. I just don't think this is any worse than several other episodes. I guess it's just the last straw for a lot of people.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Blakeston said:

The pre-school teacher was a womanizer - there was no reason to believe he was always talking to people like they were toddlers.

I'm not in any way defending the writers' bizarre insistence on having the brain of the week overtake Liv's personality completely. I just don't think this is any worse than several other episodes. I guess it's just the last straw for a lot of people.

The preschool teacher Liv was the worst. Whether it is intended or not talking to adults like that oozes condescension. Would have driven me nuts. Some of the others, grumpy old Liv, also could have pulled back a little.

I actually think this episode's conceit was rather charming, except for one or two brief moments. At least it was polite, respectful and playful and the persona that went with it was a nice one.

• Love 1

Took me a while to get around to watching  this. I think Liv stuck to this persona like glue because it is what she wants to reinvent herself as--a knight in shining armor, rescuing people from disease and death. After all her position as special zombie investigator has been taken over by actual investigators who are zombies. Liv really needs to feel both special and like someone who is doing good.

The episode also really was constructed to highlight Clive's issues. I seem to remember from Veronica Mars that sometimes the mysteries of the week were nothing but ways of underscoring the personal/relationship themes of the characters. I think this was one of those, but the Girl Who Can't Be Turned certainly snapped us back to the season arc. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

I really enjoyed Blaine and his Dad and Mr Boss, although it Knepper is still in the show next season I will be disappointed. I think Mr Boss has quite a sense of drama.

• Love 2
On 4/24/2018 at 8:39 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

It was good to see Stacey Boss again. Was confused and thought he was a zombie, because I don't think any human would make it traveling in a crate of ice and brains. Isobel presumably has natural immunity to the zombie virus, so maybe that will get Ravi back to working on a cure.

I thought he was a zombie. He looked so pale and had white hair. This is the problem with having so much time between seasons. I can’t remember all these minor characters. Unlike the writers, I do remember Liv’s family.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Athena5217 said:

I thought he was a zombie. He looked so pale and had white hair. This is the problem with having so much time between seasons. I can’t remember all these minor characters. Unlike the writers, I do remember Liv’s family.

It seemed to me he looked the same as when he was last around as a non-zombie. It seems to me that if Boss were a zombie, there'd be no way he would let Blaine eat his former henchman's brain. He would just nom on that himself and know what the henchman did with the money.

• Love 2
On 4/24/2018 at 11:51 AM, chaifan said:

I liked her zombie look better, except for the horrible wig.  Seriously, we're on season 4 and they still can't get her a realistic looking white hair wig? 

Chicago Redshirt pretty much said everything I was thinking.  One more quibble about Liz - she must be making some serious money in that job.  She manages to buy a whole new wardrobe to fit each brain of the week.  We didn't see Major and his friend dressed up as cowboys, and don't see this  happening with anyone else.  I am with all those that thinks they've gone way over the top with this (especially Ren Faire guy who obviously wouldn't have spoken like that 24/7), and wish they'd go back to the "influence" vs. "take over" personality.

Yeah, even Danerys on Game of Thrones had a more realistic white wig than Liv did. 

I also agree with all previous points, this show has gotten too much "Liv on wacky brain of the week."

7 hours ago, Affogato said:

The preschool teacher Liv was the worst. Whether it is intended or not talking to adults like that oozes condescension. Would have driven me nuts. Some of the others, grumpy old Liv, also could have pulled back a little.

I actually think this episode's conceit was rather charming, except for one or two brief moments. At least it was polite, respectful and playful and the persona that went with it was a nice one.

I think the worst one was when she was on white racist rich lady brain, and talked very disrespectfully to Clive.

• Love 3

This weeks wacky brain was the final straw though: -

Firstly, I am British, and that ridiculously clipped American version of British (for which Richard Curtis must also share the blame) never fails to be irritating.

Secondly, writing pseudo/ mock Shakespeare has always struck me as the worst form of juvenilia. It is always cringe-inducing. It’s as if the writing staff had the week off and handed duties over to the intern, who was a High school English student.

Thirdly, where/what even is the character of Liv anymore? Tabula rasa.

The brain of the week was already try-hard this season, but this one felt amateurish.

Edited by Pindrop

One thing I liked about Rose McIver's British accent is that when she does an American accent, she softens her tone and sounds a bit breathier than she does when she speaks with her native Kiwi accent. When she used a British accent, she lost the breathiness and softness. On a related note, I've noticed that when Australian and British actors do American accents, they often lower the tone of their voices a lot. I don't know if that helps them do American accents or what, but it makes their voices noticeably different when they speak in their regular (non-American) accents.

5 hours ago, Pindrop said:

Thirdly, where/what even is the character of Liv anymore? Tabula rasa.

I've said that on a previous episode, Liv did something and I wondered "what is this brain she's on doing now?"  I didn't even realize she hadn't even eaten the brain of the week yet.  It's so bad that I couldn't even remember her actual personality.

3 hours ago, RayAdverb said:

I've said that on a previous episode, Liv did something and I wondered "what is this brain she's on doing now?"  I didn't even realize she hadn't even eaten the brain of the week yet. 

Does she confine herself to the paste, or snack on the job even when there's no case to solve? Maybe she's never entirely herself.

59 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Does she confine herself to the paste, or snack on the job even when there's no case to solve? Maybe she's never entirely herself.

Nope.  On last week's episode, even though there was no case and no compelling reason to adopt another person's mannerisms or memories, she ate the brain of that theater director.

In the upcoming episode, it says she is trapped in the morgue on lockdown, not actually working on the case.  But she eats the brain of a rapper (more specifically, a white rapper for extra hilarious hijinx).

19 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

That's something to consider. If her family is still in Seattle, they must understand now why Liv wouldn't give her brother a transfusion. Even if they aren't, you'd think they'd forgive Liv. Hell, they may even BE zombies.

12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

One thing I liked about Rose McIver's British accent is that when she does an American accent, she softens her tone and sounds a bit breathier than she does when she speaks with her native Kiwi accent. When she used a British accent, she lost the breathiness and softness. On a related note, I've noticed that when Australian and British actors do American accents, they often lower the tone of their voices a lot. I don't know if that helps them do American accents or what, but it makes their voices noticeably different when they speak in their regular (non-American) accents.

House may have been the most obvious example of that. Hugh Laurie practically growled his way through that series.

• Love 1
On 4/26/2018 at 3:26 AM, Pindrop said:

This weeks wacky brain was the final straw though: -

Firstly, I am British, and that ridiculously clipped American version of British (for which Richard Curtis must also share the blame) never fails to be irritating.

Secondly, writing pseudo/ mock Shakespeare has always struck me as the worst form of juvenilia. It is always cringe-inducing. It’s as if the writing staff had the week off and handed duties over to the intern, who was a High school English student.

If it was serious, sure, but it was a LARP thing. The LARPer believed in rescuing damsels and so does Liv. Like talking in Klingon is inherently juvenile on one level but some fans believe in the Principles of the Federation and it is serious business. They weren’t nt trying to do Shakespeare, some guy in Blaine’s bar did that earlier. If they had Liv could have quoted. Better writer and public domain.

So I think anyway. 

Edited by Affogato
25 minutes ago, Affogato said:

If it was serious, sure, but it was a LARP thing. The LARPer believed in rescuing damsels and so does Liv. Like talking in Klingon is inherently juvenile on one level but some fans believe in the Principles of the Federation and it is serious business. They weren’t nt trying to do Shakespeare, some guy in Blaine’s bar did that earlier. If they had Liv could have quoted. Better writer and public domain.

That's true but they don't do that all the time.  A LARPer or a hardcore Trekkie is still serious and normal when engaged in work and serious personal affairs.  An actual LARP enthusiast would not, say, be in character at a friend's funeral or during an average Monday at work.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, RayAdverb said:

That's true but they don't do that all the time.  A LARPer or a hardcore Trekkie is still serious and normal when engaged in work and serious personal affairs.  An actual LARP enthusiast would not, say, be in character at a friend's funeral or during an average Monday at work.

No but while Liv CAN fight these impulses apparently she is losing the will to do so. This may be because she really felt good about herself when in this character.

She may be losing her sense of self too. I don’t think she is the oldest zombie but she may be the zombie that has adopted the most serial personalities.

you are absolutely correct but I hold out hope this is part of her arc. 

• Love 2