Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Codependence / S03.E10: Commitment

Rachel helps Serena navigate the home stretch and narrow the suitors down to two at Chet's lifetime achievement gala; clashing opinions cause a public fight.

and

A life-changing offer from Serena and a shocking discovery about Dr. Simon drive Rachel to strongly question her future at "Everlasting"; Chet makes an astonishing confession; Quinn takes one final swing at Gary.

Spoiler free review It was more Lifetime soap. Still not as good as season one but better then season two. Not by much. Strains. Watching paint dry would be better then season 2.

Spoiler review 

Spoiler

Just because nobody died does not make you better.

Wow Rachel sleep with a guy and not in her grip truck?

Nobody on that set hangs out. Rachel is not the only one. 

It’s like naked and boring. I mean naked and afraid.

Maddison gets fired. Then brought back because Quinn realized she made a mistake.

The Dr gets fired. 

Jeremy leaves because of the double murder and stu. I still don’t think it was addressed properly. 

The dr wanting to hook up with Rachel and she said no and called him crazy lol

Why does UnREAL continue to rip stories from the headlines? So trendy lol  I know they thought of it before the #MeToo

Serena picked nobody. What a shocker? I thought she would give Owen some money.

Fiona is now in charge. They could’ve made that happen episodes ago. I guess if they did that they would have no finale.

Rachel could still leave and start over. Anyone would higher her in a heartbeat unless they find out about the double murder and BLM shooting.

Spoiler

The previews look good. Yay more Rachel sex.

Edited by earlbny

STFU Serena! Seriously, just STFU! "You produced me!" How TF does someone get to her level and find a way to be fucking surprised that people have their own agendas? Is she a clueless spoiled toddler?

Has this show even earned the right to an All-Stars season? I can't. 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

STFU Serena! Seriously, just STFU! "You produced me!" How TF does someone get to her level and find a way to be fucking surprised that people have their own agendas? Is she a clueless spoiled toddler?

Has this show even earned the right to an All-Stars season? I can't. 

Well said. The show not only gets an all-star season but it gets a free pass for any thing it wants to do. I’m happy with the Jeremy storyline but not happy about how it all played out. 

Jeremy better be gone. I mean, he’s a terrible actor, a terrible character, emotionally and physically abusive and manipulative, and yet the show has constantly put him in a position of being better than Rachel.

“You’re a stain.” That was disgusting and frankly, I’m tired of the show constantly tearing apart Rachel. Every single character has a go of it. She’s already a fairly broken person who is hyper aware of this brokenness, yet they still have everyone taking a shot. And by the end, it was like she just absorbed it all. I don’t understand the point of never letting her get a leg up and tearing her down to bare bones by ever season’s end. 

But hey, it was a fitting end, considering the faux feminist twist to Serena pulling a Kelly Taylor, but then feverishly swiping left in her limo ride away. And Chet declaring his love for Quinn, despite her being old and barren. Win?

Im just overall grossed out by it all. The least they could’ve done was have Jeremy’s car blow up. Alas...

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Jeremy better be gone. I mean, he’s a terrible actor, a terrible character, emotionally and physically abusive and manipulative, and yet the show has constantly put him in a position of being better than Rachel.

“You’re a stain.” That was disgusting and frankly, I’m tired of the show constantly tearing apart Rachel. Every single character has a go of it. She’s already a fairly broken person who is hyper aware of this brokenness, yet they still have everyone taking a shot. And by the end, it was like she just absorbed it all. I don’t understand the point of never letting her get a leg up and tearing her down to bare bones by ever season’s end. 

But hey, it was a fitting end, considering the faux feminist twist to Serena pulling a Kelly Taylor, but then feverishly swiping left in her limo ride away. And Chet declaring his love for Quinn, despite her being old and barren. Win?

Im just overall grossed out by it all. The least they could’ve done was have Jeremy’s car blow up. Alas...

ITA with everything you said. I’ve been saying for a while now how I want Rachel to leave Everlasting and start over. Give her a spin off following her on a new journey. I can’t stand that everyone goes after her like a punching bag. Her character keeps going in circles. It would have been fiting if Jeremy’s car blew up. I won’t ever feel bad for him or wish he was back. I still don’t like the way they handed the whole double murder plot and how they did not handle the Police shooting. 

Spoiler

Jeremy is gone for good. That was long over due.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, earlbny said:

It would have been fiting if Jeremy’s car blew up. I won’t ever feel bad for him or wish he was back. I still don’t like the way they handed the whole double murder plot and how they did not handle the Police shooting. 

Hide contents

Jeremy is gone for good. That was long over due.

My only thought when I saw him pull away in his truck was "finally!"

• Love 4

So Rachel is Svengali to the point that anyone in her orbit (except Quinn) will fall under her spell?  The doctor doing the 180 re. his "Feelings" for Rachel seemed to come from nowhere.  Yes, he put the spy cam in her truck, but then they never showed him being increasingly creepy or stalkerish over the season.  HE rejected Rachel's attempt to seduce him in one scene and a few days later he's so desparate to have her?  Was there a part of his storyline that was cut for 'better' ones?  I feel like we never saw him make the transition from doctor with questionable ethics to full on obsessed "Swim Fan".

I hope we never see or hear from Serena again.  Useless character played by a mediocre actress.  

The lesson from this show: women are almost as good at being loathsome as men! Quinn screws over anyone in her path because she is laser focused on career over domesticity.  Rachel plays mind games with everyone she comes in contact with thanks in part to a whack-a-doo mother. Madison is a dumb slut who will go down on anyone who can move her up the very tempory show biz ladder.  Fiona is as much a misogynist as Chet.  Serena is a 'success' in the business world, but hey, not really because she is a manless, childless spinster with a side of crazy.  All of them use sex for immediate gratification or as a weapon.  Yay feminism?

• Love 18
30 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

My only thought when I saw him pull away in his truck was "finally!"

What took them so long. Not for one second do I feel for Jeremy.

16 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

So Rachel is Svengali to the point that anyone in her orbit (except Quinn) will fall under her spell?  The doctor doing the 180 re. his "Feelings" for Rachel seemed to come from nowhere.  Yes, he put the spy cam in her truck, but then they never showed him being increasingly creepy or stalkerish over the season.  HE rejected Rachel's attempt to seduce him in one scene and a few days later he's so desparate to have her?  Was there a part of his storyline that was cut for 'better' ones?  I feel like we never saw him make the transition from doctor with questionable ethics to full on obsessed "Swim Fan".

I hope we never see or hear from Serena again.  Useless character played by a mediocre actress.  

The lesson from this show: women are almost as good at being loathsome as men! Quinn screws over anyone in her path because she is laser focused on career over domesticity.  Rachel plays mind games with everyone she comes in contact with thanks in part to a whack-a-doo mother. Madison is a dumb slut who will go down on anyone who can move her up the very tempory show biz ladder.  Fiona is as much a misogynist as Chet.  Serena is a 'success' in the business world, but hey, not really because she is a manless, childless spinster with a side of crazy.  All of them use sex for immediate gratification or as a weapon.  Yay feminism?

Well said. ITA with everything you said. I love the Swim Fan reference. Rachel's rape story line like most of the other ones did not accomplish anything. When the DR made a pass at Rachel she should have been like I've seen/done even worse so lets just F and get it over with.

Edited by earlbny
30 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

I keep seeing references in recaps to season 4 being on the horizon or just around the corner. I know it's in the can but did they make an announcement about a premiere date?

No announcement yet. I’ll do some digging around and let you know what I find.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BingeyKohan said:

I keep seeing references in recaps to season 4 being on the horizon or just around the corner. I know it's in the can but did they make an announcement about a premiere date?

I have not heard an announcement yet. I'll do some digging around and as soon as I find something I'll let you know. 

http://www.etonline.com/unreal-boss-on-that-surprising-ending-it-was-plan-b-and-why-season-4-is-totally-different-exclusive

Do you have any idea on when season four will launch?

[Lifetime] has not given us any indication. I don't think it's summer. They have You, the Sera Gamble-Greg Berlanti show that's airing in September. There's a chance we may air with that but there's a chance they might hold it till next spring.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

I think I've finally figured this show out:  It will never make any successful match (Everlasting), precisely because every potential mate has to be shown as "flawed" and scoffed over by the oh so sophisticated "Mama Quinn".  Once they are exposed as "flawed", they're automatically equal to "trash[ed]". 

I'm so outraged they bothered to try to foist Jeremy off on us for Year 3 and then blame it on Rachel (!).  Because he was such a deep and complex character we wanted more of him in and of himself?  Because we wanted to see his journey and thought he was a good guy (after almost raping Rachel)?   Are we children, all following along on this "Rachel MAKES them do it!" nonsense?

ETA:  For example to my first point, the minute we know August is screwing Quinn's brains out, he's automatically disqualified.  We don't even need to see him anymore.  He had might as well get cut on that night's elimination episode.

As for Season 4:

[Lifetime] has not given us any indication. I don't think it's summer. They have You, the Sera Gamble-Greg Berlanti show that's airing in September. There's a chance we may air with that but there's a chance they might hold it till next spring.

Primary article here:

http://www.kvue.com/article/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/unreal-boss-on-that-surprising-ending-it-was-plan-b-and-why-season-4-is-totally-different-exclusive/603-6e4dd4dd-0d7a-4c88-9c8b-8288d487e0ad

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2

The EP/Showrunner/writers are probably thinking because nobody died and Jeremy is officially gone that the season was a success. LOL

We still have plenty of time before S4 premiers or for the network just to cancel the show.

I am not a fan of the school yard games this show plays.

I can also think of plenty of other people besides Rachel who can be picked on for doing the same stuff.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, earlbny said:

I have not heard an announcement yet. I'll do some digging around and as soon as I find something I'll let you know. 

http://www.etonline.com/unreal-boss-on-that-surprising-ending-it-was-plan-b-and-why-season-4-is-totally-different-exclusive

Hm. I guess Lifetime is in somewhat of a tricky spot given this season's lack of buzz - and I assume lack of ratings, though I don't know that for a fact. (The only 'buzz' I've really seen around the show is Emily Nussbaum on twitter praising it for getting its season one groove back, a view that I think is far too charitable.) Summer used to be the time you 'burned off' episodes of a show you'd paid for but had given up on, but summer is actually good tv real estate now, plus it doesn't seem this season left viewers salivating for more so soon. I can't imagine they'd order a season 5, so hopefully season 4 can function as a series finale?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

Hm. I guess Lifetime is in somewhat of a tricky spot given this season's lack of buzz - and I assume lack of ratings, though I don't know that for a fact. (The only 'buzz' I've really seen around the show is Emily Nussbaum on twitter praising it for getting its season one groove back, a view that I think is far too charitable.) Summer used to be the time you 'burned off' episodes of a show you'd paid for but had given up on, but summer is actually good tv real estate now, plus it doesn't seem this season left viewers salivating for more so soon. I can't imagine they'd order a season 5, so hopefully season 4 can function as a series finale?

I responded to your post in the news thread. This way mods don't flag it for being off topic.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 1

Sorry but WHAT?  What was that? 

So much sh*t to break down

“You’re a stain that I have to live with for the rest of my life. I’d rather be alone forever than be with you. And I think you’re gonna be alone forever, too.”  Jeremy can go F himself right now.  You are not a fortune teller, you are a camera man who needs a new job on a new set.

Doctor Simon you lose all credibility for advice when you are have your patients under surveillance, follow Jeremy into the dark night.

Quinn and Chet...I mean I do think he loves her but he cheats on her left and right and is always one weak moment away from another bender.

Serena and Donald Trump have me thinking anyone could run a company.  I mean girl...Rachel produced you...are you are an idiot?  And just between you and me, both your guy choices sucked any way.  Owen thinks feminist break up families and Jasper is the WORST. 

Gary takedown...I mean I guess...Gary is so poorly written...this guy is a womanizer, sexual harasser, an embezzler and a bad business man.  I mean pick a lane show.   

This show doesn't have one decent man on it.  They are all egregiously bad...not Mad Men bad...where you can see glimmers of humanity but comic book bad.  Put this show out of it's misery.

• Love 7

I would have liked it if Chet announced he was sick and given 6 months to live. 

This show thinks it's Emmy worthy. So does Flavor of Love. LOL

This show also tries to hard and not hard enough all at the same time. 

Mad Men was one of my favorite shows even though the ending was weird. 

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 3
Just now, earlbny said:

I would have liked it if Chet announced he was sick and given 6 months to live. 

This show thinks it's Emmy worthy. So does Flavor of Love. LOL

This show also tries to hard and not hard enough all at the same time. 

Mad Men was one of my favorite shows even though the ending was weird. 

Mad Men is an amazing show.  Yes the ending was weird, mainly because they tried to give everyone some sort of ending on a show where endings were kind of not part of the dynamic. 

This show is poorly written.  For you to a have a show about women in show business, the men don't all need to be the worst kind of terrible.  Also for a show that tries to be progressive, there are a lot of generalizations.

• Love 4

That was stupid but now it's over and I don't have to watch this crap anymore.  Yes, I am a completist.....

We knew the doctor was watching Rachel's truck.  I thought she knew he put in the cameras so that he could watch over her father.  Why is this suddenly a big reveal?

Does anybody in the world care if Quinn and Chet get back together?

But, most importantly, why is it always raining on the Everlasting set?

• Love 6

Jeremy took some responsibility for his actions, though not enough. But I don’t think his rant to Rachel was wrong. She is a toxic person, because she’s toxic to herself.

This was another disappointing season. I liked it better than last season, but that’s a very low bar.

Everyone is basically in the same place. AGAIN. Zzz.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dmc said:

Mad Men is an amazing show.  Yes the ending was weird, mainly because they tried to give everyone some sort of ending on a show where endings were kind of not part of the dynamic. 

This show is poorly written.  For you to a have a show about women in show business, the men don't all need to be the worst kind of terrible.  Also for a show that tries to be progressive, there are a lot of generalizations.

I like the closing song. Most TV show endings are weird or bad.

51 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

That was stupid but now it's over and I don't have to watch this crap anymore.  Yes, I am a completist.....

We knew the doctor was watching Rachel's truck.  I thought she knew he put in the cameras so that he could watch over her father.  Why is this suddenly a big reveal?

Does anybody in the world care if Quinn and Chet get back together?

But, most importantly, why is it always raining on the Everlasting set?

If you're a completist will you be back for season 4?

I don't think she knew he put in the camera. I read an article about the DR that made me LOL. The DR is no different then every other character on this show. I was just as surprised as the Dr that he acted like everyone else on this show. http://www.vulture.com/2018/03/unreal-season-3-brandon-jay-mclaren-interview.html

What has been your favorite scene to shoot?
There’s a scene in the finale that’s my favorite. I remember at the table read, it was a scene that surprised me when I read it. It was like, Wow, I didn’t see that coming. Which is strange as an actor because you always have an idea where your character and story line are heading. Shooting it was super rewarding. My mom showed up on set that day. She loves the show. When I got cast, she was freaking out. All those things culminated into my favorite scene. I’m sure, once you watch the finale, you’ll know what scene it is.

46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jeremy took some responsibility for his actions, though not enough. But I don’t think his rant to Rachel was wrong. She is a toxic person, because she’s toxic to herself.

This was another disappointing season. I liked it better than last season, but that’s a very low bar.

Everyone is basically in the same place. AGAIN. Zzz.

I am so mad at the way they handled or not handled the double murder from last season. While I agree that Jeremy is not wrong with his rant to Rachel I still don't give him a pass.

This show has gone in circles. You can still be evil or an anti hero and have something people like about you. You can be all of that and still grow. 

It would have been a nice twist if at the end when Rachel is all alone on the lounge chair we find out she was dreaming and the season never happened.

You Know what would be more interesting than UnREAL a doc about How a show can go from critically acclaimed Peabody award-winning to Lifetime soap overnight. What a shame. I would totally watch that.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, earlbny said:

If you're a completist will you be back for season 4?

You Know what would be more interesting than UnREAL a doc about How a show can go from critically acclaimed Peabody award-winning to Lifetime soap overnight. What a shame. I would totally watch that.

I will not be back for season 4.  The rest of you will have to soldier on without me.  I was hoping that they could improve after season 2, but they failed miserably.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I will not be back for season 4.  The rest of you will have to soldier on without me.  I was hoping that they could improve after season 2, but they failed miserably.

No worries. As long As Shiri is on this show I am stuck.

• Love 6

gosh this show... this last episode was just so bad. the gary sexual harassment part was just silly( that it kinda came out of nowhere, the allegations from both sides seemed so low stakes) jeremy and rachel dumb.. on and on. but who am i kidding ill watch next season if there is one

"ok... actually finished the episode... so gary "the man" is gone. but madison is still being shown that she hasnt grown and is using her body to sell her piolot. im not against her using her assets. but i dont like that they are showing that theres no different with a woman in charge.. or is that the point?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TGinKY said:

Did I interpret the previews of next season correctly?  RACHEL will be the next Bachelorette??

Either that, or it was metaphor, like Rachel did something so awesome in the off hours/months that dozens of producers are fighting over having her on their show, so she's "like" a Suitress... of the entertainment world??  IDK.  They were weird, at any rate. 

What oddly enough, almost had me convinced it was hardcore 100% made-up, was the chunk of action where Rachel appears to be talking to Quinn in the control room.  Like the show would scruple to (a) make Rachel famous in the interim to the point where millions of viewers would clamor to see her as a contestant; and (b), have Rachel bat an eye at the lese-majeste that would be inherent in having the suitor or suit-ee trespass in the control room; but that's the way my mind works.

Edited by queenanne
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why not? Jeremy wasn't wrong. It's not as if there are a lot of morally upstanding people on the show.

There are different plateaus of moral impairment and he is on the highest one.  Rachel needs a doctor’s help not Jeremy’s advice which isn’t worth anything.  But maybe I am wrong and people should start visiting death row inmates for advice? Sound like a plan? :)

• Love 3
13 hours ago, TGinKY said:

Did I interpret the previews of next season correctly?  RACHEL will be the next Bachelorette??

Apparently and it's supposed to be an all star season, which would fit the pattern of the different Bachelor/ette seasons.

I only watched the first half-hour and was so bored and annoyed I turned it off.  Read the recap later.  The ONLY way that the show could tempt me to tune back in was have R as the suitor...and I'm still not sure I'll watch.  Cannot believe how good and watchable the first season was compared the trainwrecks that were 2 and 3. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Free said:
14 hours ago, TGinKY said:

Apparently and it's supposed to be an all star season, which would fit the pattern of the different Bachelor/ette seasons.

And the setup seem to be "Survivor" elimination, which would be closer to "Everlasting in Paradise".

I'll wait to see if we get a Season Recap thread like in Season 2, but the thing from the finale I was surprised *didn't* happen is, after Serena rejected both Suitors, that she would have chosen a) Rachel as a BFF, or b) Graham.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

And the setup seem to be "Survivor" elimination, which would be closer to "Everlasting in Paradise".

I'll wait to see if we get a Season Recap thread like in Season 2, but the thing from the finale I was surprised *didn't* happen is, after Serena rejected both Suitors, that she would have chosen a) Rachel as a BFF, or b) Graham.

I keep waiting for Graham's story, partially because we're now getting real pieces of Jay's story, and you could even make an argument we've gotten Madison's.  Or maybe they do mean him to be the caricature... I think turning that on its head and showing his rich inner life, etc. could be interesting.

• Love 4

Well that email stuff was stupid. Quinn didn't make any backups, no hard copies, and she told her friend exactly where she had saved them? Or wait, she didn't tell her freind jack shit, but when Quinn confronted Madison she was sure one needed intimate knowledge of it, to know where to look. Doesn't make sense on so many levels. I guess we just had to do it, to get to the #metoo ending somehow.

That the therapist was crazy came also totally out of the left f

On 24.4.2018 at 7:31 AM, VagueDisclaimer said:

I mean it's not that hard to be better than Rachel. Just because the actress is likeable and she is the main character, so we know a lot about her messed up backstory, doesn't mean that she isn't a horrible, horrible person. I mean people may be sick of her getting shit on, but she deserves all of it.

On 24.4.2018 at 2:42 PM, BusyOctober said:

The lesson from this show: women are almost as good at being loathsome as men!

I think they are better at it, in the context of this show. The men are just horny pigs. The women is where the shit really hits the fan.

Spoiler

On 25.4.2018 at 3:41 AM, queenanne said:

What oddly enough, almost had me convinced it was hardcore 100% made-up, was the chunk of action where Rachel appears to be talking to Quinn in the control room.  Like the show would scruple to (a) make Rachel famous in the interim to the point where millions of viewers would clamor to see her as a contestant; and (b), have Rachel bat an eye at the lese-majeste that would be inherent in having the suitor or suit-ee trespass in the control room; but that's the way my mind works.

Are all the people on the Bachelor famous? Never watched that show, but I always thought being reasonably successfull was enough. Maybe she sold a show or something. That would probably qualify her.

14 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I kinda thought when she took out her phone, that she would be texting the fireman on the down low. That they had hashed it out to move slow and keep it private and basically tricked the show. The ending we actually got was so much sadder.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

I still don't get why people pretend season one wasn't a soap opera from the beginning. Mary's medication was tempered with and she jumped from a roof. It doesn't get any more soap opera than that. The show really hasn't actually changed that much, it has been the same soap opera that it has been from the beginning. Only problem is that they're trying to push these hot button issues (racism, feminism, sexual assault, mental health) and make a statement about them, but they don't actually delve into them in a meaningful way but treat them in a shallow way. But UnReal was ALWAYS a soap opera. 

I think that's the reason why I honestly have still enjoyed this season. I think it was also a step up over season two. Having male suitors mixed it up, as they wouldn't have the same female archetypes as the contestant characters, though they could have at least tried to develop a decent and sympathetic male contestant. The closest to decent were probably Zach and Owen, but Zach was a non-entity and Owen always had to be pissed off and then had to become aggressive in the finale. I also didn't quite get their fascination with August (and apparently that isn't over but carries into next season?), though the actor was indeed very attractive (after he lost his man-bun).

Serena was okay, I am not as hard on the actress as others here. I think she did a fine job with the character, it's just that the character itself was poorly written and a contradiction in itself. I remember the promos saying that the suitress was so smart that they couldn't handle her the same way, which would have been interesting. But for a supposedly smart business woman, she was fairly gullible, insecure and easy to manipulate. Actually, they went out of their way to make her look quite pathetic out of the gate. I actually almost liked her at the end when she saw right through Rachel. How many seasons can they go without the suitor/suitress chasing someone though? (I forgot the endings of the last two seasons, but did they actually have a couple in the end? I feel like they didn't.)

I don't get why they kept Jeremy around, he was just such a bad character. I think he worked fine in season one, but after he assaulted Rachel in season two, he should have been written out and he didn't actually contribute much this season either. However, the introduction of the therapist was just as bad. I feel like he didn't really serve a function to the plot. He spies on Rachel and falls in love with her? Great, but why? There is nothing about his character that makes sense.

I loved the way Rachel unravelled over the last few episodes, first by starting to sleep with Alexei and then slowly starting to make her house of cards fall down. Shiri played all this messed up shit with so much joy and gravitas. Fairly well done. 

I was happy that they gave Jay more to do this season, but his storyline was still fairly underwhelming. What I don't like about his character is that he is also so high up his horse and so hypocritical, he's so tough on Rachel, but then he is slipping Alexei drugs and he just let Alexei blow him while still being in a relationship with his boyfriend, as if he could not just have walked away. He's IMO just as bad as Rachel. And there was never any follow up on him taking coke too...

Chet is a wreck and an asshole, but I think he's interesting in that his feelings for Quinn are genuine and that makes him somewhat sympathetic despite being a weak and fairly pathetic person.

Looking forward to season four. 

Hide contents

Rachel as a suitress sounds like fun, though also kind of dumb. But I guess it's the natural evolution for her after having slept with so many contestants. What I wonder though, if it's an ALL STAR SEASON, all of next year's contestants should already have a history with her.... so would they actually want to pursue Rachel after seeing the hot mess that she is? But then again, it seems everybody is falling for Rachel for some reason.

You bring up some good points. I guess it was a always a soap. S1 just happened to be a really good soap. Mary's suicide was definitely something out of a soap but at least they addressed it and someone got fired. It pissed me off that Jeremy and others always got a free pass. Thanks Lifetime for not allowing them to fire him. The hot button issues bother me. You can be edgy without having to go there. Nobody cares that you wrote/shot the season before the #MeToo moment started. I've said it all along that S3 was not as good as S1 but better then S2. I don't even remember the names and occupations of all of the contestants. Last season they had the black cop lady that never said a word after the whole thing went down with Darius and Romeo. One of my favorite mental health scenes on TV was from shameless. They did not spring it out of nowhere and throw someone in a mental hospital. They built it up and let it spread it wings. Gave that story a begining a middle an an end. Had I no known what Feminism was before this show I would still have no idea what it was unless I looked it up.

I thought in the end Serena would turn Owen down but offer him money to help pay for his kid.  Just like they do on Undercover boss. Zach could have exposed the show using his social media platform. He sneaks a phone onto the show and post a daily blog about it. Make him feed info to the press. Speaking of press that reporter was stupid and that plot went nowhere. 

I found Serena to be kind of bland. Every episode she flip flopped. She never really made it a challenge for Rachel or Quinn, Then again Rachel was really around this season.

ITA that the therapist was bad. since when does this show have a line you don't cross? Dr. Simon may be a creep but at least he din't murder two people, cause someone to get shot by the cops, play a role in someone committing suicide or assault or rape anyone. everyone on this show is creepy. Plus Rachel came onto him 1st. He just never acted on it because he was her Dr. and employed by her boss. Once he got fired and was not her Dr. anymore he was free to make his move on Rachel. As for the camera in the truck he could have used to keep an eye on Rachel's dad.

That whole Rape story went in a circle. Rachel is no better or worse then she was before she went on her journey. I am still trying to figure out how she knew who the dude was that rapped her when she was 12? Rachel's mom reminds me of a more crazy version of Leonard's mom from The Big Bang Theory. Rachel's mom is a great casting job. 

Chet will always be the same chet. He'll never change.

If they bring something up they need to let it all play out without dropping it or using it to help advance another storyline. It seems like Jay is done with coke. I doubt they will bring that back next season. I am glad they are finally letting Jay get some action. Take advantage of that. I asked Jeffrey when Jay was going to get some action when I met him before S2 started. He laughed. 

Next season everyone will see that Rachel was always hotter then Yael. Even though S4 is an all stars season they still have contestants that are new to us and will need to be introduced. I have a feeling it will be one big giant orgy. 

Spoiler

Next season the mansion goes up in flames because Rachel forgets to turn off her crockpot. LOL There has to be more too it then Rachel is just on the show sleeping with everyone. Why in the world would anyone want to sleep with damaged smelly goods. Are we finally going to see Rachel take a shower for the 1st time since S1? As a Shiri Appleby fan seeing Rachel in hot outfits works for me.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Miles said:

I kinda thought when she took out her phone, that she would be texting the fireman on the down low. That they had hashed it out to move slow and keep it private and basically tricked the show. The ending we actually got was so much sadder.

I'll admit, I thought that she'd call up the jockey.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

I'll admit, I thought that she'd call up the jockey.

That would have been even better. It would have shown that she had learned something from her experiences on the show. But on unreal we can't have nice things. *sigh*

• Love 4
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Wouldn’t the people who owned that cabin have taken the offer they already had after Rachel told the realtor that she no longer had the money?

Yes, that made no sense but it's par for the course since nothing on this show makes any sense anymore.

• Love 7
On 4/25/2018 at 1:00 AM, dmc said:

There are different plateaus of moral impairment and he is on the highest one.  Rachel needs a doctor’s help not Jeremy’s advice which isn’t worth anything.  But maybe I am wrong and people should start visiting death row inmates for advice? Sound like a plan? :)

I don't know about plateaus of moral impairment (?), but if Jeremy is a murderer then Rachel is an accessory after the fact.  She knew about the crime but did nothing to report it.   She profited from the show continuing.  She has maybe a millimeter of higher moral standing over him.  Ironically if she'd called the police when he attacked her, then he wouldn't have been around to cut the brakes and kill the two people.  He's still not on death row, because the four of them agreed not to report it.  So, now she's in a criminal conspiracy.

19 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Wouldn’t the people who owned that cabin have taken the offer they already had after Rachel told the realtor that she no longer had the money?

The people selling the cabin, or the realtor, said something about "she" offered more.  If the show wasn't written so abysmally, I'm sure that they would have told the viewers  that Quinn had purchased it.  

• Love 5

But didn’t Quinn only learn about the cabin when she went in Rachel’s “abode”? When Rachel talked to the realtor after checking dad into the hospital, the realtor said the owners would take her cash offer over the higher offer.

• Love 1
On 4/24/2018 at 7:32 AM, xaxat said:

"Rachel, you made me kill two people." That's not how it works Jeremy. 

Thank you!  Just like it was Rachel who made him beat her and attempt to rape her.  Rachel certainly has her issues, but Jeremy is a piece of shit.  And fuck the show for trying to absolve him of his fucking choices, including murder.  

And I agree that the "I love you, Rachel.  Let's run away together, just the two of us.  That will fix everything," bullshit from the doctor came out of nowhere.  He was definitely unprofessional and needs to lose his license, but not once did he ever show a romantic interest in Rachel.  Complete and utter nonsense.

And with all that being said, of course I'll be back for the next season with Rachel as the suitor/suitress.

• Love 8