Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: The King of the Delta Blues

14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Did my ears deceive me, or did both Denise and Jiya use the word "calvary" when they should have been saying "cavalry?" Good grief. Those are two completely different words.

I am completely lost on what, exactly, is happening that dictates where in time they go. It used to be Jiya tracking the Mothership. But now we know Rittenhouse has already planted 10 or so "sleeper agents" throughout history. Are they just learning randomly where they are? We know for a fact the Mothership was not in 1936 because Carol and Keynes escaped on it from Wyatt. So how did they figure out they needed to go back to 1936? 

And, I'm sorry, but they are really reaching now for reasons to involve the cast with various historical characters. The idea that one recording from one artist snowballed into the entire counterculture of the 1960s, and that it would never have occurred without him, is a stretch at best. Even if it were true it doesn't seem like something Rittenhouse would bother with when there are so many bigger fish to fry.

Meanwhile Wyatt continues to be laughably incompetent at his job. I honestly don't think the writers understand just how fragile this character's credibility is at this point. Not to mention Denise should have known Rittenhouse would either be waiting for them or would have abandoned the place - they knew she was chipped when they captured her.  

Finally, why does Flynn continue to be so cagey about the circumstances under which Lucy gave him her diary? There may be a valid reason he simply doesn't tell her but why isn't she even asking

I simply don't understand how this whole mess isn't easily solved by going back in time and preventing Mason from inventing the time machine. Since he has lost everything at this point, I'd think even Mason himself would approve of that plan. It's a win for everyone except for maybe Wyatt. 

For that matter, if they're willing to kill Carol, why not simply go back in time and prevent Rittenhouse from ever being born? Done and done.

Your ears did NOT deceive you - it was bugging me when they said it.

Rittenhouse sends back their sleeper agents at the start of each episode - they seemed to establish that in the Hollywood episode, but if that is what happens, why didn't they go back to 1926 or whenever that kid was dropped off.

I think Rittenhouse is throwing ideas at the walls and seeing what sticks - keep in mind, Nicholas is running things now, so he might be like "oh look at this rock and the roll, it inspired this stuff! Let's destroy it!"

I am also wondering how Flynn gets the diary? Maybe an alt Lucy gives it to him in 1937, but he said it helped him take the time machine, so hmm.

Preventing mason from inventing time travel might make a paradox too big for the universe to correct - since how would they have a time machine if time travel were never invented. Too risky. What they should do is destroy the machines and the plans and dispose of everyone who helped invent it.

Maybe they can't get them in the cradle if they are operating on a system of "Well, someone will fill that void and do it anyway!" So that is why killing Rittenhouse during the Revolution would've worked, but not in the cradle. That is pure speculation, however.

Edited by bros402
  • Love 2

Hey, they found a way to get a fourth chair in machine!  That should hopefully open up more possibilities now.  Now that Mason got to go back in time, Jiya and Christopher better get an opportunity before the season ends!

While Rittenhouse's motivation was kind of a stretch, I enjoyed seeing the show take on Robert Johnson's story and how he and his music would effect the world.  I also really liked that Mason took front and center here, and Paterson Joseph really shined in everything.  Glad that they remembered his history with Rufus too, and we got to see some heartfelt moments there.  Overall, no complaints on this end.

On the other hand, for someone who is suppose to be an ultimate badass, Wyatt kind seemed off his game here.  Getting jumped left and right, and only took out maybe five Rittenhouse agents, before someone pulled the alarm.  Disappointing, Mr. Logan!  Not surprised he couldn't kill Carol.  Really, Christopher should have saw that coming.  Maybe she should have let Wyatt go on the mission and sent Flynn instead.  Now, he would have brought the bodycount!

I saw Annie Wershing's name in the credits, but I don't remember actually seeing Emma.  Did I just blink and miss it?

Not sure where they are going Flynn and Lucy.  Abigail Spencer and Goran Visnjic work well together, but I can't quite tell if they're aiming for an actual romance, or just two loners forming a twisted bond.

So, now Jiya gets a vision of Rufus dying.  This should be fun!

• Love 5

On the Calvary versus cavalry fight. I went to Basic Combat Training at Fort Knox back when the US Army Armor and Cavalry School and Center was located there and more than a few recruits were caught by the Drill Sergeants making that mistake. While two different words and one having religious significance those young men volunteering for the Army were making the mistake.

• Love 2

Ok- so I have figured out why Jessica is back. Has not one thing to do with Rittenhouse or time line changes. The writers simply had to break up Wyatt and Lucy in favor of Flynn and Lucy. They had to pick a break up reason that would make at least some viewers happy.  So back they bring Jessica. 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

The writers simply had to break up Wyatt and Lucy in favor of Flynn and Lucy.

Considering that the writers didn't have to make Lucy/Wyatt a thing in the first place and could have just keep it at the backburner, like many other pairings that have slow-build for many seasons in other shows, that doesn't actually explain a lot.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Ok- so I have figured out why Jessica is back. Has not one thing to do with Rittenhouse or time line changes. The writers simply had to break up Wyatt and Lucy in favor of Flynn and Lucy. They had to pick a break up reason that would make at least some viewers happy.  So back they bring Jessica. 

Was anyone dying for Jessica to return? I mean Jessica doesn't seem offensive or anything but I don't really care about her, or if her marriage to Wyatt survives, either.

If the goal was always to do a Flynn/Lucy romance, the bigger question is why even make Wyatt/Lucy a thing in the first place (instead of just possibilities)?  Wyatt/Lucy was never canon until episode 3 of this season which was also the same episode they ended. The show never even needed to make Wyatt/Lucy canon if they always intended for a Flynn/Lucy romance. That's just a really bizarre writing choice. If that was the reasoning behind all of this, it seems like they went out of their way to make it overly complicated for no real reason at all.

Edited by shafted
  • Love 4

When Flynn said Lucy's journal mentioned her lonely and drinking, I wondered if it specified why, and if so, whether Flynn had known Jessica was coming back all along. Then I realize that for this Flynn, there was no 'all along' - he wasn't on the Hollywoodland trip, which was when she was un-killed (iirc), so like the rest of the home team, dead-Jessica isn't part of his memories. Unless her death was in the journal too - but where is the journal kept? If it was in Flynn's possession or stored elsewhere on the base, aka not in the eyeball during that trip, would it also have changed to reflect the 'new' timeline? Or does it already reflect the 'final' version of the timeline, at least up until the point where she gives it to Flynn?

Also, I wonder what Lucy and Wyatt's relationship has been like in this timeline - were they still having UST all over history, wife or no wife? Or did Lucy put him in the mental 'cute but taken' bin and just never see him outside of that light? Depending on the answer to that, it's also possible that that Lucy had a different dynamic with Flynn once he joined the time team, which could help explain why he's rather abruptly trying to forge a romantic connection now.

On 4/23/2018 at 7:37 AM, shapeshifter said:

If this show was more successful, I would expect the DVD for the season to include an extra scene in which someone looks up Star Wars in Wikipedia to see if there is a character like Lando Calrissian and what name the character has.

I've been waiting for a moment like that since they started using the pop-culture aliases. That has to trigger a paradox eventually.

• Love 4

Finally a fairly good episode!  The actor that portrayed Robert Johnson was pretty good but he didn't really capture the true gritty, soulfulness of Mr. Johnson.  Still pretty good and I guess I'm ok with Mason being part of the Scooby Doo team, enh don't really care.

I could never get behind Lucy/Wyatt relationship but I think I might be ok with a Lucy/Flynn relationship. 

And hey no Jessica!  YAY

• Love 1

Robert Johnson was one of the early musicians to die at age 27 - in a growing line of musicians who died at age 27.  Kripke has done at least two episodes that included Robert Johnson, but he's never mentioned that point. 

• Love 6

I liked the mix-up of this episode - the team had great chemistry and Lucy didn't have to spend half the time trying to control Flynn likes she has to walk-back Wyatt from going rogue in pretty much every episode (Flynn seems to take Lucy's orders and directions well).  Also, I'm not sure if this was ever addressed, but why didn't Denise tell Wyatt that it was Carol who kidnapped her and threatened her family?  I feel like Wyatt would have been more likely to take the shot if he knew Denise's wife and children were threatened if Lucy wasn't pulled from the missions....  And, I sort get Lucy's new found bond with Flynn.  I mean, Jiya and Rufus are together and Wyatt and Jessica...so she's like, "hey I'll go hang out with Flynn!" 

2 hours ago, shafted said:

Was anyone dying for Jessica to return? I mean Jessica doesn't seem offensive or anything but I don't really care about her, or if her marriage to Wyatt survives, either.

If the goal was always to do a Flynn/Lucy romance, the bigger question is why even make Wyatt/Lucy a thing in the first place (instead of just possibilities)?  Wyatt/Lucy was never canon until episode 3 of this season which was also the same episode they ended. The show never even needed to make Wyatt/Lucy canon if they always intended for a Flynn/Lucy romance. That's just a really bizarre writing choice. If that was the reasoning behind all of this, it seems like they went out of their way to make it overly complicated for no real reason at all.

I certainly never wanted Jessica to come back. Nor do I want a Lucy- Flynn romance.  The writers been telegraphing their desire for a Wyatt- Lucy romance since episode 1 episode  1 when Wyatt tightened Lucy’s seat belt.   They must have decided recently  they prefer Lucy- Flynn. In order to do that, Wyatt and Lucy have to somehow not be a couple. Having them get to ‘that special point’  in their relationship and then have Jessica show up to destroy it  was the writers method of  telling the viewers ‘hey, see, we gave you Lyatt, sorry that it won’t work- here is Lucy Flynn for you’. 

I didn't say it was logical or that the viewers would like it. I said that’s why  the writers decided to bring Jessica back. Anyone that thinks  logic will ever exist  in this show might as well wish for untold riches- you’ll be as likely to get either. 

17 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I certainly never wanted Jessica to come back. Nor do I want a Lucy- Flynn romance.  The writers been telegraphing their desire for a Wyatt- Lucy romance since episode 1 episode  1 when Wyatt tightened Lucy’s seat belt.   They must have decided recently  they prefer Lucy- Flynn. In order to do that, Wyatt and Lucy have to somehow not be a couple. Having them get to ‘that special point’  in their relationship and then have Jessica show up to destroy it  was the writers method of  telling the viewers ‘hey, see, we gave you Lyatt, sorry that it won’t work- here is Lucy Flynn for you’. 

I didn't say it was logical or that the viewers would like it. I said that’s why  the writers decided to bring Jessica back. Anyone that thinks  logic will ever exist  in this show might as well wish for untold riches- you’ll be as likely to get either. 

I agree with you that it was just a convenient narrative to break them up. And it was a good one. I gasped when it happened.  I have never been a Lucy and Wyatt fan.  Abigail Spencer is an awesome actress and I have seen her in some great roles. The actor who plays Wyatt was on the 90210 reboot. Soooo, I had a hard time seeing that in my head. But I like Lucy and Flynn and I have always thought they had chemistry. Just them sitting on the couch watching "It Happened One Night" showed more sparks than Wyatt and Lucy.  But I am curious they have a relationship down the road (which is why she gives them the journal and why he thinks he knows her so well) and they have to work up to that quickly because they might not get renewed. Orrr, is he using what he knows from the journal to use her?  I like him now and I like him on missions. He does what needs to be done. I've always thought Goran was hot. Back in the ER days, woo!  Fire!

Edited by Swellcatt
Added more thoughts
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Swellcatt said:

I like him now and I like him on missions. He does what needs to be done. I've always thought Goran was hot. Back in the ER days, woo!  Fire!

ITA Flynn is waaaay more handsome than Wyatt.  And yeah he seems more of a capable agent than Wyatt.  Honestly I couldn't give to shakes about Wyatt stopping Rhittenhouse story line.  Boooring!

• Love 2

Eh - I wouldn't chalk it up to anything more than lazy writing which has become the hallmark of this show. A romance triangle is about as trite as it gets. I think most viewers saw this coming a mile away, that when Wyatt and Lucy finally hooked up - Bam! Jessica would be back. And that's exactly what happened. Pretty much Soap Opera 101, right up there with evil twins and amnesia.

• Love 5
On 4/22/2018 at 7:14 PM, Cthulhudrew said:

Ha! So apparently Agent Christopher was being held somewhere on Pier T in the Port of Long Beach:

Timeless.thumb.jpg.85d708e1e08ca91ba94d2e4e697bfcfc.jpg

I'm pretty sure the team is supposed to be stationed in San Francisco; you'd think they could have used a map of SF Bay instead. 

(Sorry; I live in LB and work for the Port so I couldn't help but immediately pinpoint the nitpick. lol) 

I used to live in the SF Bay Area, and I was trying my best to locate that area - no wonder I couldn't.

On 4/22/2018 at 8:45 PM, phalange said:

Mason finally got to take a trip on the machine he invented! I laughed when he was waxing poetic about time travel after they landed...and then immediately puked. As a fellow sufferer of motion sickness, I feel you, Mason. I like that he was the one to know about the historical ramifications of Robert Johnson's music, and that he was the one to ultimately convince him to record the album. His excitement when he heard the album was adorable. "That's my 'yeah!'" And Rufus telling him, "I was your fanboy" was a great moment.

I liked Flynn's "Boom, there goes the dynamite" - but even as I laughed, I thought that it was maybe out of character for his character.

On 4/22/2018 at 9:04 PM, possibilities said:

I thought the mothership was in 1936, so how was it at home base when Wyatt went in there? And if it wasn't in 1936, how did Our Heroes know they needed to take lifeboat know there?

Yeah, that one confused me. There's a time travel warning system at "our" temporary home base - if it sets off alarms one way, you'd think it would the other (if you hand wave that the rest of the team - ie Emma, since she's the pilot - just high tailed it out of 1936.)

• Love 2
16 hours ago, bros402 said:

Rittenhouse sends back their sleeper agents at the start of each episode - they seemed to establish that in the Hollywood episode, but if that is what happens, why didn't they go back to 1926 or whenever that kid was dropped off.

I think Rittenhouse is throwing ideas at the walls and seeing what sticks - keep in mind, Nicholas is running things now, so he might be like "oh look at this rock and the roll, it inspired this stuff! Let's destroy it!"

I didn't think they were sending the sleepers back at the start of each episode. They knew in the season premiere that Rittenhouse had sent back 10 agents because they saw 10 trips. I don't know if they knew when/where the sleepers went, but they knew about it. And that was why Wyatt had memories of the sleeper race car driver. What Rittenhouse seems to be doing is sending someone else back to activiate the sleeper.....at least that is what we saw in the Hollywood episode. The guy went back and said how it was a few weeks for him and ten years for the sleeper. 

Does it bother anyone else that Nicholas is running Rittenhouse now?  It seemed as though Carol and Emma were the leaders after everyone else got arrested last season. And the fist thing they do is go back in time and get a man who can be their leader?

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I didn't think they were sending the sleepers back at the start of each episode. They knew in the season premiere that Rittenhouse had sent back 10 agents because they saw 10 trips. I don't know if they knew when/where the sleepers went, but they knew about it. And that was why Wyatt had memories of the sleeper race car driver. What Rittenhouse seems to be doing is sending someone else back to activiate the sleeper.....at least that is what we saw in the Hollywood episode. The guy went back and said how it was a few weeks for him and ten years for the sleeper. 

Does it bother anyone else that Nicholas is running Rittenhouse now?  It seemed as though Carol and Emma were the leaders after everyone else got arrested last season. And the fist thing they do is go back in time and get a man who can be their leader?

Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten that we knew there were 10 trips to the past.

Yes, it does bother me, though I hadn't thought of it in quite that way before. It just seemed strange to bring someone from the past and trust that he'd absorb nearly a 100 years of history that had passed since his day and be able to dictate where the changes should be made.

• Love 4

Unless the diary was destroyed, I don't understand why no one else has read it yet. Lucy would know everything Flynn knows, if she had. He wouldn't be able to just be mysterious about it. Moreover, even if the diary was destroyed, Flynn should have been asked to tell them what all is in it. If he wasn't co-operative, it just makes him look bad at this point, to be basically courting Lucy based on information he supposedly has but wouldn't share with her.

It's definitely off-putting to me that Emma and Carol felt they needed Nicolas to take over and lead them.

• Love 4

I’m with everyone else about Keynes  

They already had his manifesto, so why bring a man in who doesn’t know history to lead when they can be two women in power that actually know our history. 

Of course this is the show that has had chances at killing the mothership’s only pilot and just won’t shoot her. I mean at least put her out of commission for awhile if you’re not going to kill her. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

There's a time travel warning system at "our" temporary home base -

Yeah, what is it with that alarm?  Is it loud enough for them?  I keep expecting Mike and the Bots to call out "Movie Sign" and run back into the theatre, flashing lights and all.

• Love 4

Wyatt should have disabled the alarm before he started shooting people. They had visuals, they could have looked for a strategic way to do the operation. Sending one person, even if he's competent, against an entire conspiracy team on their own turf, is more than risky, it's foolish.

But I still like the show and I still think some of the action sequences are fun. It's easy to nitpick-- it's hard NOT to nitpick. But it has just enough really cool stuff in it to keep me coming back for more.

• Love 3

Question: If Agent Christopher really wanted to stop Rittenhouse, why didn't she send BOTH Wyatt and Flynn? Or just Flynn (who is a much better "soldier")? After all, she has seen Wyatt's shortcomings on past missions. Yeah, maybe she doesn't fully trust Flynn . . . but he HATES Rittenhouse. And, okay, maybe she wanted at least one "soldier" to go with the team to save rock 'n roll. Still, though, to me the most important issue is to take down Rittenhouse. You have a much better chance of doing that if you hook up Wyatt and Flynn (Wynn or Flyatt!). Think of the audience you'd bring in with that paring!

• Love 3

I wonder if, in the new timeline, George Lucas ended up replacing Lando Calrissian with Jar-Jar Binks as the head of Cloud City, causing Empire to bomb and killing the Star Wars franchise.

i think Rittenhouse needed Grandpa because he had a unique ability to map out the effects of changes to history. It’s still not clear what their goals are, though. 

• Love 3

I’m with everyone else about Keynes  

They already had his manifesto, so why bring a man in who doesn’t know history to lead when they can be two women in power that actually know our history. 

And his manifesto seems to be: wait 100 years, then build a time machine, then come back in time and get me and take me to your time, then we will change a history I have no knowledge of. 

I mean . . . Rittenhouse didn't even have the time machine until this season. Last season, it was Flynn who stole the time machine to bring down Rittenhouse. Now, all of a sudden, it was the Rittenhouse plan all along to steal the time machine for their own use? Then . . . why didn't Flynn destroy the time machine when he had it? 

Unless the diary was destroyed, I don't understand why no one else has read it yet. Lucy would know everything Flynn knows, if she had. He wouldn't be able to just be mysterious about it. Moreover, even if the diary was destroyed, Flynn should have been asked to tell them what all is in it. If he wasn't co-operative, it just makes him look bad at this point, to be basically courting Lucy based on information he supposedly has but wouldn't share with her.

They even showed a "previously" before this episode - the scene from last season's finale, when Flynn hands the diary back to Lucy. So, as far as we know, she has it. So why no mention of it? 

I think the diary has become an inconvenient plot point.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

They even showed a "previously" before this episode - the scene from last season's finale, when Flynn hands the diary back to Lucy. So, as far as we know, she has it. So why no mention of it? 

I think the diary has become an inconvenient plot point.

Have we seen it this year?  Her mom may have it because Emma knew about Flynn using it. It also could have been destroyed in the explosion. They'll have to go by Flynn's memory. 

Edited by Stuffy
On 4/24/2018 at 9:43 PM, Clanstarling said:
On 4/24/2018 at 6:45 PM, KaveDweller said:

Yes, it does bother me, though I hadn't thought of it in quite that way before. It just seemed strange to bring someone from the past and trust that he'd absorb nearly a 100 years of history that had passed since his day and be able to dictate where the changes should be made.

I keep wondering if Nicholas Keynes (named by the writers for economist John Maynard Keynes??) is supposed to be a mashup of the current Prez, the famed economist, and maybe a KKK grand wizard or Mason grand puba. But he must be pretty clueless. Maybe Emma and Carol are feeding him info and controlling him without his noticing.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:50 AM, possibilities said:

Wyatt should have disabled the alarm before he started shooting people.

Wyatt? Yeah, right. As if.    ;>)

• Love 2
On 4/24/2018 at 11:35 AM, Commando Cody said:

Robert Johnson was one of the early musicians to die at age 27 - in a growing line of musicians who died at age 27.  Kripke has done at least two episodes that included Robert Johnson, but he's never mentioned that point. 

Funnily enough I just stumbled on the Supernatural episode today and thought how coincidental it was that someone else had featured Robert Johnson in a show

I enjoyed this episode a lot.  I laughed out loud when they showed the producing credit for Lando Calrissian on Robert Johnson's album.  But I did spend several minutes shouting "Cavalry!  Cavalry, damn it!" at the tv.  That really bugs me, obviously.

• Love 2
On ‎04‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, Raja said:

On the Calvary versus cavalry fight. I went to Basic Combat Training at Fort Knox back when the US Army Armor and Cavalry School and Center was located there and more than a few recruits were caught by the Drill Sergeants making that mistake. While two different words and one having religious significance those young men volunteering for the Army were making the mistake.

I bet they were corrected pretty quickly. :-)

• Love 1
18 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I bet they were corrected pretty quickly. :-)

It took more than once to correct a lifetime of experience. The platoon would dropped and wouldn't you notice the next day while at ease someone else would say calvary and the entire platoon would be dropped again 

(edited)

I'm still catching up.  This episode was alright.  I didn't find it as engaging.  I did appreciate how they continue to mix it up a bit.  The most interesting aspect was having Mason on the mission and giving him something to do.  

Some of the language seemed a bit anachronistic at the beginning.  Did people say "I don't need this crap" back in the 1930s?

I'm sick and tired of the boring soap opera quadrangle.  I don't feel any chemistry between Lucy and Flynn, and he has a long way to go towards redemption for Lucy to give him the light of day.  

The "retcon" mission just got Carol and her grandfather (or whoever he is) on the run.  A smarter retcon job would have allowed for a continuing storyline where they chip away at Rittenhouse both in the present and on their time travel missions.

I'm also tired of the Jiya vision subplot.  

I had been enjoying the season thus far, but this one reminded me of all the flaws (that were present from day 1 last season).

Edited by Camera One

Just started this episode, but having the entire cast (including a historian with an encyclopedia knowledge of every single plot) not know who Robert F'n Johnson was, just to get Mason on the Lifeboat is some seriously lazy writing.

On 5/23/2018 at 12:42 PM, sarthaz said:

Just started this episode, but having the entire cast (including a historian with an encyclopedia knowledge of every single plot) not know who Robert F'n Johnson was, just to get Mason on the Lifeboat is some seriously lazy writing.

I'm a history nerd, never heard of him before this episode. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, bros402 said:

I'm a history nerd, never heard of him before this episode. 

Even though Lucy has instant perfect recall of every single date in the history of the world, I guess I could be persuaded to believe she has a gap in her knowledge for a founding inductee in the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and one of the greatest guitar players to ever live (who is also tied to the legend of selling his soul for talent way beyond his time).  But that Wyatt and Rufus also wouldn't know who he is? Fell flat to me, but I take your point that you didn't know who he was either. :(

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, sarthaz said:

Even though Lucy has instant perfect recall of every single date in the history of the world, I guess I could be persuaded to believe she has a gap in her knowledge for a founding inductee in the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and one of the greatest guitar players to ever live (who is also tied to the legend of selling his soul for talent way beyond his time).  But that Wyatt and Rufus also wouldn't know who he is? Fell flat to me, but I take your point that you didn't know who he was either. :(

My nerdiness is more focused on early modern european history (love french history - primarily 1783-1815) - with some american history thrown in through rote memorization (thanks K-12 history classes!)

Also, all of the random crap I picked up reading wikipedia! A lot of stuff about inventors (Thanks, list of inventors killed by their own inventions!).

And - whatever stuff comes up on Jeopardy - I remember a lot of random stuff

Edited by bros402
  • Love 2

I know little history, I learned of Robert Johnson from a radio show Saturday Night Blues.

On 4/24/2018 at 9:51 AM, shafted said:

It's pretty standard in TV shows to set up the endgame couple in season 1, have some plot contrivance that they are apart in season 2, and they usually get together by season 4. So I'm pretty sure that Wyatt and Lucy were always intended to be endgame and Jessica and Flynn are just there to keep them from getting together too quickly.

The danger is that sometimes the couple set up to stall the endgame couple strikes a chord with audience, as Lucy and Flynn seem to have done. If the show gets renewed, it will be interesting to the writers do with  it.

• Love 1
On 4/23/2018 at 11:45 AM, iMonrey said:

Did my ears deceive me, or did both Denise and Jiya use the word "calvary" when they should have been saying "cavalry?" Good grief. Those are two completely different words.

On 4/24/2018 at 1:51 AM, bros402 said:

Your ears did NOT deceive you - it was bugging me when they said it

Thank you both! This was ridiculous and I hope whoever the script supervisor is, he/she (they’re mostly she’s for whatever reason) was fired.

8 hours ago, STOPSHOUTING said:

On April 23, 2018 at 11:45 AM, iMonrey said:

On April 24, 2018 at 1:51 AM, bros402 said:

Your ears did NOT deceive you - it was bugging me when they said it

Thank you both! This was ridiculous and I hope whoever the script supervisor is, he/she (they’re mostly she’s for whatever reason) was fired.

It's possible that the actors said the wrong word even if it was correct in the script. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

It's possible that the actors said the wrong word even if it was correct in the script. 

That's what a script supervisor does ... Makes sure the actors say the right words, as written in the script. 

2 hours ago, STOPSHOUTING said:

That's what a script supervisor does ... Makes sure the actors say the right words, as written in the script. 

Could be they didn't hear the difference (I didn't notice, myself, and if slurred a little the two are virtually indistinguishable) - or the powers that be just thought it wasn't worth another take.

(edited)
17 hours ago, STOPSHOUTING said:

I didn't know that. That bit of knowledge will definitely impact my Forgiveness Meter Ratings regarding future linguistic errors in shows.
And now I'm thinking about all those times we've heard "I" used for an object or "me" used for a subject. 
But there's no way to know if the writer or the script supervisor made the mistake, right? 

Edited by shapeshifter
Verb tense
  • Love 1

Even if there was a typo in the script, someone should have noticed the spelling error and known what word it was supposed to be.

However, it's a common mistake that I've heard people make, so I wouldn't be surprised if the actor said it incorrectly and the script supervisor missed it, and I can easily dismiss it as the character making a simple mistake.

• Love 2