Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Groovy Baby

• Start Topic

Maybe Naomie should take up a relaxing hobby like sewing or gardening. Perhaps it would make her less cranky and petulant in public.

I don’t see this at all in photos but in scenes from the show I keep finding myself thinking that Ashley looks a little like Landon.

• Love 20

Naomie needs to shut up.  Why is she arguing with Craig when they are no longer together?  She had no say on what he does now.  And what’s up Shep 2.0?  Did he quit his job or get fired?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Pat did the polite thing that advice columnists tell you to do to extradite yourself from uncomfortable party conversations,

Actually, I consider Pat the advice columnist of all advice columnists! I loved her brush off of Naomi, who is young and most likely learned her lesson. I really want to go to one of Pat's parties in a Lily Pulitzer dress and sit in her Mario Buatta-decorated living room. Sadly, I'm afraid I don't have the coloring to pull off Lily clothes, I look "off" in those bright neon colors. 

If these men are what you find there it must be awful. Not one of them has a job; a hobby or an interest in anything except drinking and having sex.

The men with real jobs end up quitting them to be on this show after their first season (Austin, Craig) because they get paid more to film than to be on a "real" job where they can't take off to drink and go to baby showers in the middle of the day. Craig has a hobby! It's been the brunt of constant jokes. What these people don't have is a 9-5. Shep has his restaurants, Thomas his developments but no one wants to watch them going over paperwork and balancing the books on TV. 

I happened to watch a live video tonight and she mentioned that Whitney was the one person she was closest to and who she felt didn’t get an accurate edit.   

Seriously? The guy is weird and just lurks around creepily. There's more to him? We already know about RENOB, there was no editing monkey business on that one. 

When the time came I had to be dragged to the hospital and would not go inside.  They had to drug me in the parking lot and knock me out.  My son came very quickly like within an hour of getting through the doors.  I was completely out and don't feel I miss the "magic" of birth.  I think I actually like my child more for we both woke up from a great buzz.

I love this. I still remember standing at the car door, about to open it to drive to the hospital when I was in labor, convinced I was in my last moments on earth. For me, the "magic" of birth was that epidural. THANK YOU MODERN MEDICINE. My son decided to come out with his hand pressed against his head --- the equivalent of pushing out a 17 lb baby, the doctor said. Needless to say, I was a textbook case for an episiotomy, and THANK GOD I was numbed up. A precautionary tale for all of those hemming and hawing about pain relief.  My love for pain meds was probably influenced by the large amount of dental work I had as a teen --- procedures that no one expected me to endure naturally. I apply the same concept to all medical events.

As for Ashley, she is not all there. She knew who Ravenal was when she winked him over at the bar. $$$ Girl is gross. Why is she repeating Katherine's storyline? "I don't want to be a single parent." Then get out of his bed, you moron. Ugh.

Edited by TheFinalRose
missing punctuation.
  • Love 24
11 hours ago, Sherilea43 said:

Whitney is the creepiest creep I have  ever seen in my life. That scene with him and Cameron and the baby lady was so forced and fake.

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Beyond stupid.  I was embarrassed watching it.

What's happening to this show? C'mon Cam, you are better than this! 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, izabella said:

I don't understand what Naomi wants from Craig at this point.  They aren't dating.  He's got his properties, he's doing renovations, sewing, cooking, and has his degree and passed the bar.  What is she doing that's so much better?

Patricia's baby shower for Cam looked like fun.  Loved all the bright colors everyone was wearing. 

Why are we back to Thomas in bed with a woman talking pregnancies again?  Stop, just stop.

Naomi wanted a tall, dark & handsome suit and tie wearing lawyer.   Craig was not ready to be a suit and tie wearing lawyer and the income from the show gives him a break from having to 100% commit himself to that role.

I began to second guess Naomi when she had a pout fest at the Boubon tasting a couple seasons ago.  I think Craig knew that he was letting her down by not running the bourbon division  and that was the real source of his stress(which is now super laughable concerning the state of J.D.’s business).  

Sadly, I think Craig is devestated by this break up and seems to want to work it out.   Hopefully this season convinces both of them that it would be a really bad idea.

I want Naomi off my screen as she’s involved in everything it seems; however Bravo is going to want to film the fallout when Craig does start dating again.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

God! Young single women - stay away from Charleston!  If these men are what you find there it must be awful. Not one of them has a job; a hobby or an interest in anything except drinking and having sex. Their conversations are just gossip and they are arrogant and  full of themselves. Not exactly what anyone would call a catch.

I get such a weird vibe from ALL the guys on this show -- even Austen.  It's like they're a bunch of old men playing checkers in a nursing home.  These are mostly young and middle-aged men.  Why do they all seem so old?

So what's up with Whit lately?  He's not saying "bro" & "dude" a zillion times or talking about fake girlfriends.  Is he finally gonna come out?  And what was with the scene with him & Cams?  Why in the world would he care about how Cams gives birth?  Really dumb scene.

Anyone catch Patricia's blue veiny old lady hands?  Of course it's normal for a woman her age & yet it was kind of a shock to see on her.  She's sooooo careful of what she shows.  I LMAO when she suddenly shut down Naomie & walked away from her.  Was it rude?  Sure, but everyone should walk away from Naomie.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Wow, Whitney has morphed into a befuddled grampa in a track suit & badly dyed hair.  Or was he always this?  I'm gettin' a Grampa Simpson vibe now from Whit.

I think it's refreshing! Lighter hair.... no all black outfits....  Seems he finally grew out of his emo phase. 

8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Ashley doesn't live with Thomas she has an apartment in Charleston-Thomas mentioned it when speaking to his father. 

That Thomas said he is paying for!!!!! His dad asked how expensive it was.  Thomas said "I don't know... my bookkeeper just pays it"

3 hours ago, zenme said:

I actually like Craig and Kathryn  together. They get each other and had good chemistry. Why did they not get together years ago? Oh yeah. He was the only one of the group with no money. 

I think Kathryn did attempt to go after Craig, because back then he was going to be a hot shot lawyer.  If it didn't happen I think it was because of Craig. 

47 minutes ago, Xcptnl said:

Naomie needs to shut up.  Why is she arguing with Craig when they are no longer together?  She had no say on what he does now.  And what’s up Shep 2.0?  Did he quit his job or get fired?

I think she's angry that Craig was the one that ended the relationship.

And I love it how now Craig actually says her name as Na-O-mie and not Nomie like he used to. 

Naomie is entitled and delusional. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

When TRav cooks eggs in the am he likes to mix in a little Plan B? What a louse. 

It took me reading this post to realize what Thomas meant.....he is so disgusting.  

As far as Cam being terrified of giving birth, I was too......I started crying when they admitted me to a room when I was in labor and the nurse asked if I was in pain or scared and I replied 'both'.  I was fortunate enough to have had an easy pregnancy and delivery.

Naomi was awful last night, I really want to like her but she is making it difficult.  It was also driving me crazy watching her pull her dress up a thousand times.

Katherine.....she needs a better color.....I keep trying to convince the hubs she really is pretty but she is making it hard right now.

Whitney doesn't bother me like he does others.  Yes, he can come across as pervy but I don't take it too seriously.  I am sure he is a pretty interesting guy IRL.

My favorite girl is still Chelsie......she seems like such a cool girl.  Love her.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

I find that paycheck details and net worths for these kinds of reality people can be hard to get a good read on, because you're usually poking around some obscure and less-than-reliable sources who would spend time speculating about the earnings of third-tier Bravolebrities. From some sleuthing I couldn't find anything that seemed super reputable, however there were some quotes from Thomas from likely earlier seasons that he made about five grand per episode. 

That said, there's a lawsuit from Tom Sandoval of Vanderpump Rules that indicates he's now making about 15k per episode, and in the first season didn't make 15k all year (it's Radar Online, so grain of saaaalt, but the court filing looked real). VR is a ratings beast for Bravo and must outperform Southern Charm pretty handily, so I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't making that much ("much"). And this is all theoretically before taxes, too, and it's not like Bravo has a benefits package so there's that not-small expense, too. Compare that to a Real Housewife and it's absolute peanuts. Even with the occasional sponcon and paid appearance, I can buy that Kathryn isn't making enough from the show to afford a three-bedroom apartment or a home that she actually owns. It's all speculation, but I can easily imagine her getting short-changed. 

It's hard to argue that reality show stars who aren't working actual, y'know, jobs, are being taken advantage of, but there's just something about seeing Kathryn in a decidedly un-aspirational living situation when quite a lot of the show has focused on her downward spiral that makes me sad. 

I would agree Kathryn is a sad case study.  What keeps Kathryn for succeeding is possibly every time she demonstrates periods of rational behavior she erupts into over the top drama.  Kathryn is either acting up to keep her paycheck or she is just screwed up.  Her treatment of Jennifer last year was pretty telling.  Kathryn is very malicious.  She needs to give up on Thomas and find a suitable partner whose affection she does not have to compete.  

I don't blame Patricia for not inviting Kathryn to Cameran's baby shower-a year ago Cameran would not even have coffee with Kathryn. I would not want her in my home.  This is how I see Kathryn, she is either bitching about Thomas and his treatment of her, trying to latch on to Thomas' money, trying to seduce Thomas, playing mommy in a supervised capacity or meeting with her new friends and crapping on the other women they are involved with.

As to the salary argument-after taxes Kathryn should be clearing at least $100,000.00 in money available to her.  A couple of seasons of savings and she could buy outright or have a healthy down payment on a medium priced $300,000.00 Charleston home.  If I were Kathryn I would ask my children's father to help me buy a home and actually make the payments and the down payment.  The worst that could happen is after a couple of years of clean credit she could finance the home herself, if she fails Thomas can sell the house.  The downside for Thomas is if Kathryn fails he is essentially selling the house out from under the mother of his children.  What I hear from Kathryn is she expects Thomas to gift her with the finer things in life while she blows through her income.  Kathryn has never really been on an uptick.  A good season for Kathryn would be NOT screaming at someone or threatening them and not going to rehab and most importantly NOT hooking up with Thomas.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Whitney bothers me less this season than he ever has before, but Cameran is full of it. Whitney hasn't gotten a bad edit. He's a creepster. He was super creepy for the first 3 seasons. His original sizzle reel indicates that gross misogyny and objectification was what he was shooting for. Luckily, Bravo wasn't feeling that and made him add women. I'm just curious which network he thought would be interested in airing Southern Charm? The guys were old.  They were all rich douches. They were the most homogenous group of friends imagined. And the only women we ever saw were the 20 year olds who these guys in their 30s and 40s hit on. Who wanted to watch that? And yet, Whitney thought it was interesting, classy, and amazing. That's not a bad edit. He's a gross douche, but not nearly as gross as Thomas.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, gunderda said:

I think it's refreshing! Lighter hair.... no all black outfits....  Seems he finally grew out of his emo phase. 

That Thomas said he is paying for!!!!! His dad asked how expensive it was.  Thomas said "I don't know... my bookkeeper just pays it"

I think Kathryn did attempt to go after Craig, because back then he was going to be a hot shot lawyer.  If it didn't happen I think it was because of Craig. 

I think she's angry that Craig was the one that ended the relationship.

And I love it how now Craig actually says her name as Na-O-mie and not Nomie like he used to. 

Naomie is entitled and delusional. 

I agree with your post - except for the bolded.  Craig did have what he called a "kindergarten crush" on her back in season 1, but K blew him off to go hook up with Shep and, subsequently, Thomas.  I think she was looking for some of that sweet sweet trust fund money, not a struggling barely out of law school boyfriend. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Naomi looked terrible at the baby shower—and not just that incredibly unflattering headband. Berating your ex, questioning the hostess about who she invited, and flipping the bird are not good looks. Girl needs to get it together.  

I know the look that Naomie was going for with the headband. Long, straight hair with a headband is totally a 60's look, but she had the headband too far forward. It was across the top of her forehead instead of farther back on her head. Several of the other women at the party did it right, but Naomie's look was a total fail!

1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

The men with real jobs end up quitting them to be on this show after their first season (Austin, Craig) because they get paid more to film than to be on a "real" job where they can't take off to drink and go to baby showers in the middle of the day. Craig has a hobby! It's been the brunt of constant jokes. What these people don't have is a 9-5. Shep has his restaurants, Thomas his developments but no one wants to watch them going over paperwork and balancing the books on TV. 

I think it is pretty hard to have a regular 9-to-5 job and be available to film as much as they need to be. They showed season 1 during the day yesterday when Craig was working for a law firm and he kept showing up late to different events because he was at work. Most of the people who have jobs on these reality shows work for themselves so have more flexibility to be available for filming. 

4 hours ago, zenme said:

I actually like Craig and Kathryn  together. They get each other and had good chemistry. Why did they not get together years ago? Oh yeah. He was the only one of the group with no money. 

Yes. From watching season 1, Craig was actually very interested in Kathryn but she basically ignored him and pursued Shep instead. Craig was the one who spilled the beans at Thomas's dinner party that Kathryn had gone to be with 3 of the men at the table in the course of 3 weeks. The three were Whitney, Thomas and Shep, all of whom have substantial inheritances. To me it seemed clear that Kathryn was after a man with big bucks and Craig didn't fit the bill.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

I know the look that Naomie was going for with the headband. Long, straight hair with a headband is totally a 60's look, but she had the headband too far forward. It was across the top of her forehead instead of farther back on her head. Several of the other women at the party did it right, but Naomie's look was a total fail!

Perhaps pushing it a bit further back may have helped a bit.  I also think that she needed a larger headband for that "look" - like the one Cam wore.

• Love 4

Okay, Naomi getting so swiftly shut down by Patricia was truly a thing of beauty!!!!

Yes, it was awkward AF for both of them, but Jesus, even my semi-cultured ass knows that you don’t confront a hostess about an uninvited guest DURING the actual event! If she cared that goddamned much about smoothing things over between Pat & Kat, she should’ve spoken with Patricia either before or after said event, maybe even offer a casual mediation of sorts. Or better yet, DON’T GO TO THE PARTY if you feel that bad about it; otherwise, just shut the hell up and eat some bloody vagina cake, Naomi.

I don’t blame Patricia one bit for sticking to her guns and not letting Katherine anywhere near her place; the gal has acted unhinged at one too many events Patricia has also attended. After leaving such poor first impressions with this group, it’s refreshing to see someone on this cast just completely peace out on her crazy ass. Because it doesn’t matter how much someone claims to have changed if that someone repeatedly has acted the fool and left a bad taste in someone else’s mouth. 

Speaking of leaving a bad taste, what IS up with Whitney suddenly acting all sedated and only wearing that tracksuit everywhere? Makes me wonder if he filmed all his scenes in that red suit in one day and the scenes are just going to be scattered throughout the season. The dude used to be so stylish and concerned about his tailor-made suits; what the Hell happened?

These young guys not working and just living like they’re on permanent vacation...it seems sad. I do enjoy Austen’s scenes out at bars because I’m also a fellow craft beer snob/expert and I’ve tried every single one of those brews he drinks. If he was sick of being a mere beer rep, maybe he needs to go apprentice at a local brewery and gain some knowledge on the craft if he really is that passionate about the tasting, brewing and marketing of beer. And he should go back to school and get a certification for being a master brewer and/or beer sommelier for a local restaurant if that’s his true passion. But then again, that would take actual WORK...

Cameron said on her Instastory last night that she was only having one child and that this was her last one. And that she cried every day the first month of her pregnancy. So let’s be honest: I think she genuinely never wanted kids and only caved in out of love for her husband and to keep him happy/protect her marriage. I’m sure she’s a good mother and all, but as a ChildFree woman who had to dump quite a few great guys I loved because I felt so strongly about my decision to not have children, I’m still side-eyeing her a bit.

Way too much Naomi this season. She’s just such a kill-joy Bitter Betty, burning bridges left and right. She needs to get over herself.

And that baby shower was the first one I’ve *ever* seen that made me actually want to attend; what a hoot!!

Ashley is just gross and pathetic. Yikes. Slow your roll there, Species.

• Love 23

I don't blame Patricia for not inviting Kathryn to Cameran's baby shower-a year ago Cameran would not even have coffee with Kathryn.

I don't blame Patricia at all either (actually, admire her for it).  And yes!  Why has Cameran's shunning of all things Kathryn been swept under the rug?  Was there some sort of reconciliation that we didn't see? 

Did anyone else think that Kathryn's scenes with the children were not heartwarming (as I'm sure intended) and instead made her seem distant?  Pretty obvious she doesn't know her own children at all.  And it made me kind of sad how Kensie kept saying, "Saint, Saint", like she was there to take care of him or protect him.  She gets it....Momma sure as hell isn't going to. 

Happy to see that Saint is cuter in live action than he is in pictures.

Way too much Naomi.  Leave Craig alone.   

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Way too much Naomi this season. She’s just such a kill-joy Bitter Betty, burning bridges left and right. She needs to get over herself.

I was thinking a great nickname* for her would be Dead Sea because she really needs water and she’s so dang SALTY.

* it would be a terrible nickname but I’m rolling with this ;)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, AnnieHeights said:

Katherine.....she needs a better color.....I keep trying to convince the hubs she really is pretty but she is making it hard right now.

I agree. She looks stunning with the dark red. Also, she needs full bangs slightly swept to the side. I have a large forhead as well, some of us need the bangs.

Edited by Sherilea43
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Did anyone else think that Kathryn's scenes with the children were not heartwarming (as I'm sure intended) and instead made her seem distant?  Pretty obvious she doesn't know her own children at all.  And it made me kind of sad how Kensie kept saying, "Saint, Saint", like she was there to take care of him or protect him.  She gets it....Momma sure as hell isn't going to. 

Yes! I felt her to be so awkward with them. Could be all the time they spend away from her, but it was as if she was so uninterested in her time with them. Could of been having a bad day though. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

When TRav cooks eggs in the am he likes to mix in a little Plan B? What a louse. 

That convo was so fake.  Bet they told them to talk about babies.

For all we know, it wasn't even filmed in the morning.  What are the chances they'd have cameras set up at whenever they supposedly wake up?

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What the heck is wrong with Naomi? Is she on drugs? Too much drinky drink? She is so incredibly mean spirited. That girl is not right. 

We have to remember this is reality TV.

They probably told her that this is her role this season, to stir up shit, if she wants to get screen time.

Apparently she isn't doing much with her business degree or else she wouldn't have time to film the show.  Most of the cast are now not working, it seems.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, scrb said:

That convo was so fake.  Bet they told them to talk about babies.

For all we know, it wasn't even filmed in the morning.  What are the chances they'd have cameras set up at whenever they supposedly wake up?

They probably told her that this is her role this season, to stir up shit, if she wants to get screen time.

Apparently she isn't doing much with her business degree or else she wouldn't have time to film the show.  Most of the cast are now not working, it seems.

For a supposedly smart man, he sure acts stupid.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Fun Fact NaOmie, its is easy to have your shit together when your parents pay for everything

Yes!!! I loved when she and Craig were talking at Patricia's and when she stormed off, he said...you still live at your parents'!  Lol!!

Edited by Sherilea43
My grammar stinks!
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I get such a weird vibe from ALL the guys on this show -- even Austen.  It's like they're a bunch of old men playing checkers in a nursing home.  These are mostly young and middle-aged men.  Why do they all seem so old?

It is their anachronistic views on life imo.

At first it came off as charming, now it is just appalling and aging.

• Love 5

Craig seems to be enjoying the Bravolebrity life:  

Randall Emmett is Lala Kent from Vanderpump Rules boyfriend.  Naomie must be climbing the walls to be left out.  Randall has a private jet that Craig gets to fly around on.  

• Love 13
13 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Seriously!  I was induced a week past my due date.  Six hours into it my husband was so busy chatting with the nurse, that I had to practically scream for an epidural.  

My water broke at 3am with my first baby, and hubby was at work ( Giving away my age by saying this was before cell phones, ) his company was filling a huge order and he was outside away from phones  making sure trucks were loaded properly). I had to call police to actually go to his work and tell him to get his butt home. 

Long story short, hubby felt like crap and the nurses were giving him cool cloths and hot tea, while I worked on delivering an 8 lb, 8 oz baby girl!! I still tease him about it! 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

As to the salary argument-after taxes Kathryn should be clearing at least $100,000.00 in money available to her.  A couple of seasons of savings and she could buy outright or have a healthy down payment on a medium priced $300,000.00 Charleston home.  If I were Kathryn I would ask my children's father to help me buy a home and actually make the payments and the down payment.  The worst that could happen is after a couple of years of clean credit she could finance the home herself, if she fails Thomas can sell the house.  The downside for Thomas is if Kathryn fails he is essentially selling the house out from under the mother of his children.  What I hear from Kathryn is she expects Thomas to gift her with the finer things in life while she blows through her income.  Kathryn has never really been on an uptick.  A good season for Kathryn would be NOT screaming at someone or threatening them and not going to rehab and most importantly NOT hooking up with Thomas.

I mean, fair enough. I think that for me, I find it just kind of generally gross that Bravo is probably making money hand over fist making these kinds of shows, where the budgets are way lower than they would be for a scripted show and they're getting plenty of viewers, and their B and C squads gets super underpaid. And hey, it's not like anyone's holding guns to heads and it's an adult's responsibility to have basic financial literacy - a high five or low six figure annual income after taxes, insurance, having a likely vastly increased glam/clothes/personal upkeep budget to be camera ready - but the only one of that crew I can feel remotely sad for making that series of shitty decisions is Kathryn. She's got legal fees, too. If I were her I'd start considering playing hardball with Bravo and getting more $$$$ -- I think she's in the best position of the cast to negotiate for a significant pay bump, because if she walks they lose an important seasons-long throughline. But I can't see her doing it.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

THANK you! I noticed this too and thought, WTF is up with that? They alllll called her Nomi, until this season, now they all seem to be able to pronounce her name as a multi-syllabic word. Bizarro.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Marigold66 said:

Looong time lurker (since TWOP days) who hasn’t posted yet but for some reason, this episode compelled me to do so.  I love Southern Charm but watching Thomas openly laugh with his dad about “training” his girlfriend to be a country girl and then follow up with the quote “If you can’t eat it, spend or make love to it, you gotta laugh at it” literally made me say UGH out loud.  Good ol’ boy misogyny is alive and well indeed!  I do love Cam though—I think she has mastered the balance of being on the show and keeping her real life separate which really serves her well.  If you don’t follow her on Instagram, you should—she’s hilarious!  I happened to watch a live video tonight and she mentioned that Whitney was the one person she was closest to and who she felt didn’t get an accurate edit.  Interesting perspective considering how he is perceived on the show.

Hello and welcome.  Agreed with you post.  I can never forget during a previous season when T-Rav was having lunch with his dad.  This was during the time That Katherine was pregnant with her first baby.  His dad told him that if it was a boy child he would give the child $10,000.00.  Well if that doesn’t say how the family thinks about females, what would.  That really pissed me off.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, scrb said:

If agreeing to be a shit stirring bitch this season is the price Naomi has to pay for being on national TV, then what does that say about her? Is she that much a famewhore? I guess I just answered my own question. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

It is their anachronistic views on life imo.

At first it came off as charming, now it is just appalling and aging.

Are they supposed to be the focus of jealousy from the rest of us who work & support ourselves & our families?  Sorry, but jobless men who do nothing but sit around gossiping & drinking all day into oblivion & chasing women decades younger is gross to watch.  

These men may have more to their lives, but they don't show it.  This show has really gotten blech.

• Love 9

This season has the worst forced faked scenes, ever. It’s down with Mama June.

Shouldn’t Cameron’s husband have been with her during the ultrasound? I realize he doesn’t want to film... so why set up a fake scene like that?

There’s nothing fun about this show anymore.

• Love 9

Patricia is a thirsty, old, jealous cow with no manners.   Why she injects herself into this group is a mystery.  

I could see that she may have wanted to help her son get his show off the ground in season 1 and agreed to play a ridiculous “grand old dame”  for comic relief.  Her continued involvement is ridiculous and her immature, mean girl behavior is a terrible look for her.  She’s a successful gold digger, period.  Putting on airs and behaving in this way only makes it more obvious that all she’s achieved is through someone else.  She has absolutely no natural grace, intelligence or any of attributes that are associated with good manners or good “breeding”.   

And while you can’t put all of the responsibility/blame for someone’s personality on their parents, Whitney is hardly an endorsement for her.  His creepy, inappropriate misogynist nature certainly does seem like a reaction to having her as a Mother.  A telegram to announce she’s run off with her latest “mark”, just ugh!

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 15
27 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

The only things I could think about when Thomas brought his girlfriend eggs in bed was why was there no bacon or toast and gross, they were going to get eggs in the sheets.

I was put off by the plain plate of eggs too. I need sides!

I could see that she may have wanted to help her son get his show off the ground in season 1 and agreed to play a ridiculous “grand old dame”  for comic relief.  Her continued involvement is ridiculous and her immature, mean girl behavior is a terrible look for her.  She’s a successful gold digger, period.  Putting on airs and behaving in this way only makes it more obvious that all she’s achieved is through someone else.  She has absolutely no natural grace, intelligence or any of attributes that are associated with good manners or good “breeding”.

I'm thinking that Patricia won't have Katherine in the house ever since she left her Ann Taylor clothes in a pile in Whitney's bedroom and then dumped Whitney for Thomas. Whitney might have gotten over it, but a mom can hold a grudge as long as she wants when she thinks someone has hurt her child.

But, as for Pat being a golddigger? I don't think so. She is the most well-educated, most accomplished of the bunch, lived a pretty cosmopolitan life in the art circle, and married well later in life. I LOVE that she's on the show ... she elevates the whole crowd. 

Edited by TheFinalRose
  • Love 24
5 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Completely agree! He's no gem, but the bar for tolerable men on this show is so low that he clears it pretty easily. If he were in the periphery of my real friend group I'm pretty sure I'd steer clear, but if I was dropped in the middle of the male cast members, he would be the first and only one I'd talk to!

Yup! In real life, I'd be all, "Sew pillows after work, slacker," but in Southern Charm world I'd be all, "So you like to sew pillows? Fascinating!" lol 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

I mean, fair enough. I think that for me, I find it just kind of generally gross that Bravo is probably making money hand over fist making these kinds of shows, where the budgets are way lower than they would be for a scripted show and they're getting plenty of viewers, and their B and C squads gets super underpaid. And hey, it's not like anyone's holding guns to heads and it's an adult's responsibility to have basic financial literacy - a high five or low six figure annual income after taxes, insurance, having a likely vastly increased glam/clothes/personal upkeep budget to be camera ready - but the only one of that crew I can feel remotely sad for making that series of shitty decisions is Kathryn. She's got legal fees, too. If I were her I'd start considering playing hardball with Bravo and getting more $$$$ -- I think she's in the best position of the cast to negotiate for a significant pay bump, because if she walks they lose an important seasons-long throughline. But I can't see her doing it.

The difference between scripted shows and reality shows-the actors are professionals.  They have studied and paid their dues.  Actors are disdainful of the reality show genre because it cuts into TV time slots.

It is up to Kathryn if she wants to "glam it up" and spends for the show.  Something tells me with or without the show she likes her glam stuff.  Look at Shep-he doesn't seem to break the bank on fashion.  

Kathryn would not have legal fees if she didn't start fights about everything.  She chose poorly to pursue Thomas as if it were a divorce case instead of a custody/visitation issue.  Kathryn's needs are not reflective of what her value is to the show.  I am quite certain Kathryn most likely has an agent that negotiates for her.   In the real world I don't think a person should be paid more than a single person because they have a family for the same work.  

My math with these clowns is pretty simple-15 episodes and the maybe film 25 days and many are not full days.  That is about $10,000.00 a day.  Sure they do some confessionals and the Reunion.  It is still excellent money even if they are 10 hour days-that is $1,000.00 an hour.  I am sure Shep and Cameran make more because they do other shows and are a proven quantity.  Kathryn has the ability to go on other reality shows-if they want her.   So far we are three episodes in and for the most part it has been two parties. Kathryn had a candid with her kids and a visit from Craig-neither required glamming up and if that lipstick Kathryn is wearing is any indication of a hired stylist she should fire him, her or them immediately.  These people are very well compensated for what they do.  When they travel the expenses are paid.  They are provided transportation to and from places when drinking and filming.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Craig seems to be enjoying the Bravolebrity life:  

Randall Emmett is Lala Kent from Vanderpump Rules boyfriend.  Naomie must be climbing the walls to be left out.  Randall has a private jet that Craig gets to fly around on.  

Craig and Shep ended up with bit parts in one of Randall's films starring Bruce Willis, but Craig seems to have transformed it into a real friendship with Randall. Randall let Craig use his jet for Craig's birthday.

14 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

I thought it was oddly - and probably fully accidentally and unintentionally - profound that as they were showing Craig having that conversation with Naomi where he was having a fairly reasonable and logical argument with her privately that you could hear the cackling in the next room as the rest of the party had themselves a good long condescending laugh about his present. It was some "aw, he tried, bless his stupid pathetic non-family-money heart" bullshit, over a very sweet and thoughtful baby gift that wasn't perfect because it was handmade by a man who isn't so full of toxic masculinity that he isn't afraid to tell everyone he loves sewing. They're all just so awful, and I hate that they're so compelling to me. 

It's especially rich coming from Whitney who had his first professional accomplishment at 30 and then spent the next 15 years being professionally unfulfilled until Southern Charm. He had some other successful blips in his early 30s that never seemed to last more than a year. But it's not like his life is some shining example of what to do in contrast with Craig's life. Whitney's sum total of accomplishments are a pilot he wrote staring Danny Huston that wasn't picked up, a one season horror anthology hosted by Eric Roberts, a film whose tagline was Beef, Beer, and Broads, and creating Southern Charm a show that got hijacked from him because what he wanted to feature was obnoxious, gross, and uninteresting.

• Love 13

Naomie is a real asshole.   I have to wonder what Craig really saw in her.  She is extremely judgy and certainly gets up into everyone's business.  

I think it's cute that Craig is so into sewing.  Good for him!  At least now he can sew without some shrew shrieking in his ear.  I'm sure Patricia didn't appreciate his pillows but it was nice of him to bring something besides yet another bottle of wine. 

TRav and Ashley are gross.  Never thought a couple would outgross TRav and Kathryn but there it is.  So Ashley has basically admitted she uses no birth control and depends on her phone to tell her when she's most fertile?  Jeebus. 

Gizmo has an Instagram account under Colonel Gizmo.  He apparently went to live with Naomie's parents before she and Craig split. 

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The difference between scripted shows and reality shows-the actors are professionals.  They have studied and paid their dues.  Actors are disdainful of the reality show genre because it cuts into TV time slots.

It is up to Kathryn if she wants to "glam it up" and spends for the show.  Something tells me with or without the show she likes her glam stuff.  Look at Shep-he doesn't seem to break the bank on fashion.  

Kathryn would not have legal fees if she didn't start fights about everything.  She chose poorly to pursue Thomas as if it were a divorce case instead of a custody/visitation issue.  Kathryn's needs are not reflective of what her value is to the show.  I am quite certain Kathryn most likely has an agent that negotiates for her.   In the real world I don't think a person should be paid more than a single person because they have a family for the same work.  

My math with these clowns is pretty simple-15 episodes and the maybe film 25 days and many are not full days.  That is about $10,000.00 a day.  Sure they do some confessionals and the Reunion.  It is still excellent money even if they are 10 hour days-that is $1,000.00 an hour.  I am sure Shep and Cameran make more because they do other shows and are a proven quantity.  Kathryn has the ability to go on other reality shows-if they want her.   So far we are three episodes in and for the most part it has been two parties. Kathryn had a candid with her kids and a visit from Craig-neither required glamming up and if that lipstick Kathryn is wearing is any indication of a hired stylist she should fire him, her or them immediately.  These people are very well compensated for what they do.  When they travel the expenses are paid.  They are provided transportation to and from places when drinking and filming.  

Nah, I fundamentally disagree that Bravo is paying them fairly. The show gets enough advertisers and ratings that it's been trucking along for 5 seasons. I would be absolutely floored if a one-season Housewives wonder like Beverly Hills's Carlton didn't make triple that. The Housewives is a much larger brand, of course, so I don't expect anyone to be making 1.5 million plus like the select few breakout stars across the franchise, or anything like it, but likely the only reason Bravo pays cast members of shows like this one and Vanderpump Rules so much less is because they can get away with it. I wish I could find any figures for a show like Married to Medicine, but all I can scrounge up are their professional salaries and/or overall net worth. My hypothesis is that they, as well as the other more minor shows that feature people much more likely to have basic financial literacy, are getting paid more for very similar output and success. 

And to clarify, I don't think Kathryn deserves more money because she has more need. Most of the heavily-featured castmates should be looking at their take-home, realize that Nene Lekes is getting literally tenfold more per season, and ask for a 20% increase. Something fairly reasonable to account for not having nearly as much cache as their biggest stars, but it would make a significant monthly impact and a pretty easy thing for Bravo to say yes to. I think that while they're vetting and considering shows and cast members to hire, "easy to get on the cheap" is right there alongside "production's psychiatrist thinks this person is volatile and has some real problems that will make for amazing TV". What I'm saying is that of these people, Kathryn's the only one I feel personally a bit sad for that she basically fell for it. And she, along with probably Cameran, is the one I think could make the best case for deserving it -- in terms of the show likely suffering if they walked away from it. 

I'm not going to go all Norma Rae about it, because they don't have a real job or anything. While I think Kathryn and some other famously volatile reality TV denizens probably have some substance and mental health issues that may contribute to poor business decisions, everyone is an adult and should be looking out for themselves, nobody is being egregiously exploited. But I think Bravo and other networks like it are pulling some bullshit, offering what they're pretty sure they can get away with because they know they're casting some dum-dums who are already drinking or shopping most of their money away, rather than what's actually representative of their worth. And I really wouldn't be surprised if there's some traditional gender wage gap issues, too, on top of it.

Edit: tl;dr -- IMO it's possible for these folks to be making really bad choices that they need to take responsibility for, and for Bravo to be gross for the kind of content they're making and the way they spend their money, at the same time. 

Edited by annewithaneee
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Bluedog100 said:

Um....what is "plan B"?

It's a morning after pill. Take it the morning after sex just in case there is a chance you could be pregnant from the non protected romp in the hay the night before. 

• Love 2

When JD came into the party and spoke I’m sure that his voice was raised a few octaves from what I’m used to. It spoke to me of the falseness of the situation of him being there with Liz and it was definitely just for show. Fakery. 

• Love 8