Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Groovy Baby

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Scootch over!! I'm in! Also, I know I'm not the cheese that stands alone in thinking Patricia is not as special as she & some thinks she is. She is mean as fuckall.

Here you go, come on in!  ;-) 

• Love 4
On 4/20/2018 at 8:30 AM, TeeMo said:

I don’t see this at all in photos but in scenes from the show I keep finding myself thinking that Ashley looks a little like Landon.

OMG yes!  A prettier version but very much like her.

I can't get over how much she's already embarrassed herself.  Unless he's just uncomfortable on camera with her, he just does not seem at all into her other than a sex partner.  It was embarrassing when she was trying to be coy and asking if he loved her.  He looked like he couldn't get the fuck out of there soon enough.  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

@Sun-Bun You make some good points but Patricia herself has stated that Kathryn reminds her of herself many years ago. I agree there is no comparison in the accomplishments department. 

I do not remember that not at all like something she has said pointing out the nany, many diferences between the two when the interviewer attempted to make the comparison.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I will NEVER believe this line of thought, sorry.

Yes, Patricia herself was a scion and beautiful young woman who did indeed have a child with a wealthy and well-established man also, but that’s where the comparison ends. People seem to forget that Patricia is also well-traveled and extremely educated—-she obtained a B.A. Magna Cum Laude in 1964 and then a master's degree in 1965, both in Art History and Archaeology. She was a lecturer in art history at George Washington University and lived for many years in Georgetown, where she later owned and ran Arcadia, a private art dealership that handled major paintings. She’s also a world-class entertainer and has won numerous awards for her philanthropy and notable works around the community and otherwise.

Unlike Kathryn, she also wasn’t a baby mama; she married three times to three great men and by all accounts her first two divorces were amicable; her final marriage to her now deceased husband was almost like a fairy-tale, at least according to her book.

I love me some Patricia, so it just feels like an insult to see such an admirable lady compared to a trashy baby mama with no job or education.

Lol. It is not a put down on Patricia’s accomplishment and education in any ways.

One can be a party girl and a gold digger and be educated. See Wendy Murdoch.

I actually like Patricia for the most part however it is good to call a spade, a spade.

Also, Kathryn while she got distracted by her chemical problems and his party ways seem to have embraced Sobriety.

The fact that she had children out of wedlock is reflective of the time , it is not a character flaw, imo.

What does it make Thomas btw?

• Love 6
On 4/23/2018 at 5:58 PM, HunterHunted said:

Except his parents divorced when he was 10 (dad remarried 2 years later) so even his mom couldn't stand his bloviating obnoxious father. I think Thomas and father are a lot alike. They mask their misogyny, narcissism, classism, and bigotry as solid traditional conservative values.

Amen!

• Love 4

Please get Naomi off this show, she's a horrible person and I can't imagine anybody with a brain wanting to be with her.  In fact, I would never even want to be friends with her.  What an awful, negative person.  

And this season is boring.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I'm disturbed by the tracking stuff on the cellphone. 

It's stalking.  Isn't it? 

That is just too much. 

imo it’s pretty creepy - wonder what Craig will think when he sees the show, probably that he’s damn lucky it’s over.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Please get Naomi off this show, she's a horrible person and I can't imagine anybody with a brain wanting to be with her.  In fact, I would never even want to be friends with her.  What an awful, negative person.  

ITA...she’s a fail! Even with a different nose ? 

Re-watching this episode today and I get a real kick out of the baby shower. Especially Naomie looking like Minnie Mouse with her big white gloves. And why didn't Patricia explain to her that while you may wear gloves at a party, you remove them to eat or drink? Also, when Naomie confronted Patricia about Kathryn not being invited, and Pat pulled the "You'll have to excuse me, another guest has arrived" maneuver. As she turned away she gave a quick, significant look at the camera, as if to say, "You see what I did there?That's how Emily Post says to extract yourself from an unwanted conversation." And I'm sure she was also thinking, "I hope they got that,  I nailed that scene!"

If Patricia gave a half-day seminar on "How to Be Southern and Charming" that ended with a cocktail party in her garden I would totally pay to attend! 

I cannot, simply cannot, believe Ashley and her behavior with Thomas in their, um, more intimate moments. Singing that she wants to marry him and have his babies? It cracks me up, and I also recall how Thomas was clearly attracted to Kathryn while Ashley is much more chasing him than he her. She will never be to him what Kathryn was/is, even if they do eventually marry. 

This show still charms me and makes me laugh out loud often.

• Love 3
On 4/20/2018 at 10:58 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Shouldn’t Cameron’s husband have been with her during the ultrasound? I realize he doesn’t want to film... so why set up a fake scene like that?

He probably was at another one and they just filmed this to have it be a scene which is why Cam wasn't very emotional. She probably was when she was at her original appointment with her husband.  I agree, there are so many set-up scenes like Whitney coming over for the birth class.  

So Thomas is paying for the apartment for Ashley?   She has to know how desperate she looks.  Thomas is so old and craggy faced, huge ears and squinty eyes.  I wonder if he is just really charming in person.  It really got under my skin the past few season where people were praising him for finally growing up and being a good dad.  HE IS LIKE 100 YEARS OLD.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

HE IS LIKE 100 YEARS OLD.  

Have a seat young whippersnapper. 

He's 55, and imo, looks pretty decent for that age, considering the swilling of booze, knoodling with loose women, and the swinging of a polo mallet whilst tromping through horseshit. 

• Love 1
On 4/19/2018 at 7:48 PM, biakbiak said:

Yes. Other people having worse experiemces doesn't negate her right to be scared.

Yeah, I mean it’s not really a competition. Plus I don’t really think people (women, because that’s who gets the brunt of this) have to love every stage of parenting to love being a parent. My sister has always wanted to be a parent, but hated being pregnant both times. Loves her kids, just did not like the 9 months leading up to them. My SIL wasn’t sure she even wanted kids right up to getting pregnant and she loved being pregnant. Said it was the best she ever felt. She wasn’t wild about the baby stage though. That first year was the roughest for her as a parent, but she’s a great mom who loves being a mom and always wans to be with her kid. I love kids at all stages, but never wanted my own. I’m good being the fun aunt. It takes all kinds to make a family. I’m not bothered by Cameron being ambivalent about some parts of motherhood. It’s why I like her. She doesn’t take herself too seriously.

speaking of people that take themselves too seriously; OMGCraigandNaomi! Please stop talking to each other ever! You bring out the worst in each other.

• Love 3