Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Groovy Baby

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Naomi is too young to realize when you become overly invested in other peoples relationships, you will very likely be the loser.  Ironically, I think her going to Patricia about Kathryn is something Craig would have done a few years ago.

I think you are right but Patricia would have taken it better from a man than a woman.  In my opinion anyway.

• Love 13

Just a few questions...did anyone notice the enormous bruise on Kathryn's arm? And how dangerous that she has something plugged in right next to the bed pillow in the children's room? Did anyone else find this careless and dangerous?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Naomie is only 25. She's learning. She has her shit together more than any 25-year old I've ever known, excluding myself, because I've never not had my shit together. But I understand where she's coming from. I can't say she's made the right social choices, but again, she's only 25. She does not yet know marriage and babies. But she is a loyal friend and she was trying to stick up for Kathryn and Elizabeth, even though she did not go about it the right way. As for Craig, well, I understand her frustration. He was living under her parents right next to her and didn't have a problem with it then. Didn't have a problem driving their Porsche around either. If my parents were supporting my boyfriend and me by way of a home and luxury cars, I'd expect him to get out of bed in the morning too.

She just overstepped her boundaries and then was mortified so attacked Craig. Then she was pissed that her friend arrived at a party with her own husband and said JD wanted to win? Naomi didn't want to lose.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Maybe Naomie should take up a relaxing hobby like sewing or gardening. Perhaps it would make her less cranky and petulant in public.

I don’t see this at all in photos but in scenes from the show I keep finding myself thinking that Ashley looks a little like Landon.

I think she looks like Amy Grant.  That's where the similarities end, lol.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

It was also driving me crazy watching her pull her dress up a thousand times.

Totally channeling Annelle at Shelby's wedding reception, gloves and all.

(obscure Steel Magnolias reference)

annelle.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 17
17 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Totally channeling Annelle at Shelby's wedding reception, gloves and all.

(obscure Steel Magnolias reference)

OT:  That scene in SM drives me crazy.  You can see her drink is 1/2 full and then they show her again and its full.  Yes I have seen it a time or 2!

If you are pulling on your clothes maybe its time to get rid of that particular garment.  It clearly either doesn't fit or is uncomfortable.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

This season has the worst forced faked scenes, ever. It’s down with Mama June.

Shouldn’t Cameron’s husband have been with her during the ultrasound? I realize he doesn’t want to film... so why set up a fake scene like that?

There’s nothing fun about this show anymore.

My husband came to exactly one ultrasound...to find out the sex.   I lost no sleep over him missing the rest.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

My husband came to exactly one ultrasound...to find out the sex.   I lost no sleep over him missing the rest.

Exactly! Some people have to work! :-0

• Love 4

I have such a soft spot for both Craig and Kathryn and I love their weird little friendship. I actually stopped watching the show for awhile but ended up coming back because I randomly saw a little scene with the two of them awhile back.

I really want Kathryn to get her life together. Her kids are utterly adorable. It was nice to see the scene of her with the kids. She seemed much warmer with them this time than the last time we saw them together.

Man, Naomi is really testing my second-hand embarrassment. I haven't been able to watch hardly any scenes with her this season because it's just so cringe worthy.

I'm really enjoying this season so far. It got a bit trashy but somehow boring there for awhile, but now it's reaching a nice balance between entertaining trash and the sweet, fun little show it was initially.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 12

If I knew Kathryn, I would take her by the hand and say, "Stay the fuck away from Thomas!"  I think she's still holding out hope, hope that one day he'll see the light and realize she's the only woman for her; that he'll get down on one knee and propose.  Kathryn needs to lose the loser.  Thomas only cares about Thomas.  He'd never be faithful to her, because he likes the idea of younger women fawning all over him.  

She'd be better off dating Craig.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Craig had no problem also benefiting from it.

I noticed Craig worked into the conversation that he and Naomie had traveled the world.  I never thought their issue was over money-as Craig bought a house.  To me it sounds like Naomie has huge control issues.  I am sure Craig heard plenty of times about living off the largess of Naomi's folks.  I think he also improved the one property and was the care taker on their main residence when her folks were traveling.   Naomie just feels as if she knows better than anyone else about everything.  She was supportive and even sympathetic of Craig when JD screwed him.  I am thinking she probably thought with her business degree she could make better choices for Craig.   I don't see Naomie changing any time soon-she is so Stassi.  

All I saw was absolute affirmation from Naomie why Craig moved on.  Naomie worked so hard to demean Craig for camera time and get in with the cool kids she failed to listen.  I don't know if the others gave her big props for tearing Craig down and that is why she decided to go to the wall for Elizabeth or she is truly that much of a control freak.  Flipping Elizabeth off was the action of a spoiled brat.  I can't imagine her "friends" are on board with such an act.

• Love 22

Just saw the episode. Starting it off with Thomas was a bit cruel, Bravo. His wink-n-wriggle made my skin crawl, he's such a dirty old man. He thinks he's handsome, charming, and witty when he's anything but. And don't get me started on his damn daddy. 

Kathryn was right, Ashley is parchedT. Her birth control is basically the rhythm method? How does Thomas keep finding these dumb broads who don't want to be single parents but also don't want to use actual, effective birth control while he's raw-doggin' it?

Kathryn's time with the kids was cute, and I'm glad that she and Craig are still friends.

I hate JD and I hate Patricia but Naomie is not coming out looking the best so far this season. Looks like it's only going to get worse for her, too.

ETA: Leave it to Cameran to come up with some country-fried phrase like "Thank y'all all so much!"

Edited by link417
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, sorrysooz said:

Just a few questions...did anyone notice the enormous bruise on Kathryn's arm? And how dangerous that she has something plugged in right next to the bed pillow in the children's room? Did anyone else find this careless and dangerous?

Re: the bruise, Kathryn explained in a previous episode that it was the result of her blood being drawn for one of the drug tests Thomas had compelled her to do (per their agreement).

• Love 1

I just saw this photo on the Tamara Tattles website: anyone else notice the resemblance to Austen?! These guys are so homosocial (the older crew, TRav and JD) it really doesn't surprise me. 

Mostly JK.

Southern-Charm-Ashley-Thomas austen.jpg

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I just saw this photo on the Tamara Tattles website: anyone else notice the resemblance to Austen?! These guys are so homosocial (the older crew, TRav and JD) it really doesn't surprise me. 

Mostly JK.

No, don't see Austen, but this really gives me Amy Grant, lol.  Without all the purity 'n stuff, lol.

amy.jpg

Sorry for the poster, lol.  Didn't feel like shrinking it.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Mostly JK.

A bit!  All I know for sure is she is gonna hate that photo

• Love 7
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

noticed Craig worked into the conversation that he and Naomie had traveled the world.  I n

Which I think is more pf Craig's bullshit. Based on their IG stories a lot pf their travel was with her family and friends but not paying rent and driving Naomi's car probably also freed up a lot of his money.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I am going to be honest here.  I am not married but have been in a relationship for 22 years.  He had a vasectomy years before we met and neither of us planned on children.  Well I got pregnant and completely freaked out.  I would have nightmares.  When the time came I had to be dragged to the hospital and would not go inside.  They had to drug me in the parking lot and knock me out.  My son came very quickly like within an hour of getting through the doors.  I was completely out and don't feel I miss the "magic" of birth.  I think I actually like my child more for we both woke up from a great buzz.  I learned that vasectomies are not 100%.  I learned that there is no shame in having heavy sedation.  We still use birth control in two forms.  NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN.

I don't think Cameron was against a child, child and children big difference, I think the whole ordeal of pregnancy and birth maybe was too much for her to process.  I always liked kids and would have probably adopted and it literally took my whole family running around trying not to have me give birth in an alley.  Once he was here I couldn't love him more and was so glad I was literally knocked out cold.  I hated every minute of pregnancy and still have nightmares of the hospital workers freaking out at me that I was going to kill my child.  I am not ashamed and don't get the whole "natural birth" thing.  In Europe they give the mothers Nitrous oxide.  It is standard.  Why must we be forced to be looked down on for a complete knock out like in the old days.  I say, "wake me up when the hairdresser gets here".  It didn't help that in high school they showed us films of actual births.  Scared the shit out of me.

My point being that being hesitant for birth does not relate at all to being a mother.

I wasn't trying to shame anyone that was scared of giving birth. I don't have kids. Don't want them. Don't want to give birth to anything. If I was ever unlucky enough to get knocked up I would very likely react the same way you did.

• Love 3

I know a lot of commenters have taken Naomi to task for the Liz and JD situation. I look at it and see this younger woman, really young, learning about boundaries. She's got this friend, Liz, who has confided to her girlfriend, Naomi, how bad the marriage is, and her husband is in terrible trouble financially and it's looking self induced, and all those stories she's been ignoring like a Good Wife? It seems they are true. And Naomi has comforted her through the grief and the rage etc. We all know that this is not going to end well. Everyone in a relationship knows how this dynamic goes and has to learn to walk the line between going to their friends for solace and comfort in the teeth of marital issues, but then once the marriage is sweet and dandy again (or not, even if they are just fronting as JD and Liz may be, but it could be because children/family/credit rating who knows) they have this friend who knows all the dirt and is potentially still furious on their behalf.

A lot of people, including Liz, were furious with Naomi for 'taking away Liz's voice and making her look helpless'. I think this was a bit ungracious of Liz, to say btw. Naomi is still very young and she hasn't been married, has no children and her experience with breakups that we've seen, Craig, is that of a 'young' relationship. So. Here's the thing. We're at a stage, with the #metoo movement and light being shone on domestic violence... a lot of women learn not to speak up for exactly the reasons above. Yes. He's treating me terribly RIGHT NOW but that can change and all of this will be forgotten. It gets to the point with a lot of women in dire relationships that they become isolated and they learn not to confide in their friends. It's a really tricky situation.

Women need to support women here. I don't have the recipe for how to do this, and abusive relationships (whether physical/emotional/FINANCIAL etc) are characterised by lots and lots of blow ups, and a cycle of abuse, remorse, forgiveness. In the 'forgiveness' stage, you want the world believing it's all good, because you need to believe it yourself. Supporting someone through this, even if, like Naomi, you feel you can see the writing on the wall, becomes tiring. And repetitive. And you feel unheard. And you go into bat only to have it blow up in your face like it did this episode. Shep and Craig counselled her as much: 'keeping up appearances is important in the South'. (I'm NOT going to comment on the mansplaining in this context). 

Given how it's turned out for Naomi, who do you think Liz can turn to next time there's a crisis in the marriage? That is what occurred to me, watching this young woman learn to STAY OUT of domestics. And this is not a good thing, it seems to me.

• Love 19
13 hours ago, JenE4 said:

His date was his wife, Elizabeth, and Naomie freaked the heck out because Liz was somehow apparently playing HER the fool after she confronted JD. The girls were all aghast but Naomie took it as a personal affront. JD and Liz just did a “pop by,” which was strange, but maybe they felt the tension. But as they were leaving Liz poked her head back in the room and asked Naomie and the girls to please understand (not sure of her exact words)—and Naomie gave Liz the finger! Yeah, you care so much about your friend that you’re giving HER the finger for coming to a party with her own husband?

NO!  Even at her age Naomie should know you don't get into the middle of a marriage whether in crisis or not.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, link417 said:

ETA: Leave it to Cameran to come up with some country-fried phrase like "Thank y'all all so much!"

You cracked me up.  Reminds me of The Middle when Frankie and Mike went to that Smiles conference with the dentist and were surprised, idiots, by the bill they received because it was all expenses paid which did not include room service, robes etc.  The dentist, Jack McBrayer playing a southerner, said, "I said yall's expenses not yall alls".  I guess y'all alls must be totally inclusive.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 4
On 4/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, Bronzedog said:

Naomi is too young to realize when you become overly invested in other peoples relationships, you will very likely be the loser.  Ironically, I think her going to Patricia about Kathryn is something Craig would have done a few years ago.

I caught this too. This is what Craig does and likes to think he's good at. Maybe he sat down and thought 'I need this cheque, I better have a strategy': Craig is the most Switzerland of the group, I do actually think it's part of his nicer nature too. He's kind. This instinct of Naomi's is probably one of things that bonded them both, so Naomi choosing to vent to Craig about it made sense: she knew he'd understand, sharing similar values. I think they'll end up being friends for life. Eventually. Maybe more. 

• Love 6

Is this the first time in history a man has gotten a plus-one invitation to a baby shower? I thought Patricia was being selective with her invite list, but Craig brought his roommate and Pat was clearly meeting him for the first time.

Austen was super annoying at his happy hour with Craig. I hate when people drag out an unfunny joke and you have to wait for them to finish to politely laugh. Also, he's such a cool guy who finger gun points at nachos and says, "Nachos." when they arrive at the table.

It's now Saturday, April 21 in my timezone...I'm laying down a bet that on Sunday's episode of The Soup, Joel shows the clip of Craig waxing poetically about his sewing machine being his outlet and how making pillows gives him the same high as gardening. You can't make this stuff up.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

If I knew Kathryn, I would take her by the hand and say, "Stay the fuck away from Thomas!"  I think she's still holding out hope, hope that one day he'll see the light and realize she's the only woman for her; that he'll get down on one knee and propose.  Kathryn needs to lose the loser.  Thomas only cares about Thomas.  He'd never be faithful to her, because he likes the idea of younger women fawning all over him.  

She'd be better off dating Craig.

No!  I'm clutching my non existent pearls at the idea of Craig and Kathryn. 

I LIKE Craig.  I want him to find that person who nurtures him and not picks on him or teases him.  Kathryn has more baggage than ALL the RHOBH on a foreign trip.  It would harsh his mellow sewing/gardening/cat chauffeur wheelbarrow vibe.

For the record, after repeat viewing, I realized I was wrong about positive praise for the handmade monkey.  They were mocking him.  It's sad that he gets trashed for trying.  I bet Palmer still gets a tooth fairy pillow.

Now Shep and Kathryn I could ship.  KaSh.  Storylines?  Shep and Thomas.  MMMM HMMM.  Plus. Kathryn blowing through Shep’s money.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, dosodog said:

For the record, after repeat viewing, I realized I was wrong about positive praise for the handmade monkey.  

I dont think he made tge monkey, he made tge embroidred outfit it was wearing, my niece has a monkey that loojs exactly the same. The bear he told Kathryn hadn't been made yet as it was only cut up scraps in the bag whicj added to Cam's confusion.

• Love 3

Heavy sigh.  I'm going to have to watch this a 3rd time?  Why am I so confused?!  He didn't make a bear or a monkey?  Did he make what I thought was a poncho for the monkey?  And that bag was scraps of the promise of a bear?

Can we just find a cat for Craig?  That's the relationship I want to see him in.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Stiggs said:

I agree that Naomi needed to tone it the hell down at the shower, good LORD woman, but I don't get mad at her because she's 25 and when I was 25, I was a loud-mouthed idiot, so I don't feel like I can judge

Lollllllllll! I was too!

• Love 7

@queenjen — I agree with most of what you’re saying here. I think regardless of age, the lesson of staying out of marriages - and people’s serious relationships generally, but those that are very long term and there are children involved especially - is one you learn either from making that mistake yourself, or witnessing the carnage from someone else making that mistake. I have some sympathy for her, if it turns out that this is wake up call and she grows some self-awareness. It’s a really brutal way to realize you made a series of serious fuck-ups, having it broadcasted. If she still thinks she’s in the right given all this hindsight, then I’m much less sympathetic.

I also think that her initial dressing-down of JD came from a place of (ill-advised) goodwill. She wanted justice for her friend. She’d been absorbing so much of her friend’s anger and sadness that the urge to hurt that chucklefuck as badly as possible is understandable, and she was reacting directly to the specific injustice of him trying to spin the situation into one where he not only doesn’t come across badly, he’s the victim. Even the shower tantrum, I get it — to me it was one of those uniquely reality show reactions where someone is realizing in real time they’re about to get a bad edit (whether or not it’s actually a bad edit or a fairly accurate record of their bad behavior) and they feel indignant and backed into a corner and can’t really be shown breaking the fourth wall, so they look worse and worse as they spin out.

I think the larger lesson that Naomi may not learn because on social media and reunion shows the focus will be on the behavior and not the “why” of it — when a friend is hurting, don’t make assumptions and impose your idea of what the fix or justice is...just ask what they need and how they want you to help (unless your friend is in real danger of violence or self-harm). 

I kinda think Elizabeth learned or is learning a good lesson too — don’t open up something so sensitive to someone who honestly can’t relate. Maybe picking your friend a decade-plus younger with one or two past long term relationships isn’t the move....maybe especially if that friend is on a reality show on which your husband also appears. 

Edited by annewithaneee
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, jumper sage said:

NO!  Even at her age Naomie should know you don't get into the middle of a marriage whether in crisis or not.

She appears very sheltered and passionate. I still can’t help myself at times and I am nearly twice her age.

2 hours ago, dosodog said:

No!  I'm clutching my non existent pearls at the idea of Craig and Kathryn. 

I LIKE Craig.  I want him to find that person who nurtures him and not picks on him or teases him.  Kathryn has more baggage than ALL the RHOBH on a foreign trip.  It would harsh his mellow sewing/gardening/cat chauffeur wheelbarrow vibe.

For the record, after repeat viewing, I realized I was wrong about positive praise for the handmade monkey.  They were mocking him.  It's sad that he gets trashed for trying.  I bet Palmer still gets a tooth fairy pillow.

Now Shep and Kathryn I could ship.  KaSh.  Storylines?  Shep and Thomas.  MMMM HMMM.  Plus. Kathryn blowing through Shep’s money.

They are acting such defined gender roles, is it still the 1950’s down there?

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I dont think he made tge monkey, he made tge embroidred outfit it was wearing, my niece has a monkey that loojs exactly the same. The bear he told Kathryn hadn't been made yet as it was only cut up scraps in the bag whicj added to Cam's confusion.

Whatever happened to manners? Get a gift, smile, thank the person (regift or donate)

at a baby shower, coo and marvel at the gifts.

1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

@queenjen — I agree with most of what you’re saying here. I think regardless of age, the lesson of staying out of marriages - and people’s serious relationships generally, but those that are very long term and there are children involved especially - is one you learn either from making that mistake yourself, or witnessing the carnage from someone else making that mistake. I have some sympathy for her, if it turns out that this is wake up call and she grows some self-awareness. It’s a really brutal way to realize you made a series of serious fuck-ups, having it broadcasted. If she still thinks she’s in the right given all this hindsight, then I’m much less sympathetic.

I also think that her initial dressing-down of JD came from a place of (ill-advised) goodwill. She wanted justice for her friend. She’d been absorbing so much of her friend’s anger and sadness that the urge to hurt that chucklefuck as badly as possible is understandable, and she was reacting directly to the specific injustice of him trying to spin the situation into one where he not only doesn’t come across badly, he’s the victim. Even the shower tantrum, I get it — to me it was one of those uniquely reality show reactions where someone is realizing in real time they’re about to get a bad edit (whether or not it’s actually a bad edit or a fairly accurate record of their bad behavior) and they feel indignant and backed into a corner and can’t really be shown breaking the fourth wall, so they look worse and worse as they spin out.

I think the larger lesson that Naomi may not learn because on social media and reunion shows the focus will be on the behavior and not the “why” of it — when a friend is hurting, don’t make assumptions and impose your idea of what the fix or justice is...just ask what they need and how they want you to help (unless your friend is in real danger of violence or self-harm). 

I kinda think Elizabeth learned or is learning a good lesson too — don’t open up something so sensitive to someone who honestly can’t relate. Maybe picking your friend a decade-plus younger with one or two past long term relationships isn’t the move....maybe especially if that friend is on a reality show on which your husband also appears. 

someone needs to write guides for those reality people. ;-)

• Love 7
On 4/19/2018 at 7:06 PM, Chicklet said:

Naomi grows more unattractive with every episode.

I don't think much of Ashley either-what kind of woman throws herself at Thomas after everything he's shown us? Gross.

ITA regarding Ashley! 

...and based on her hinting around about babies and marriage...

(I hate to favor Trav in any way...BUT)

...I don’t blame him for adding “Plan B” to her morning “ova” (or KIDding about it)!

• Love 1

I think that if Craig had been present when Cameron opened his gift, he could’ve given some context to the mess of fabric draped over the bear, but c’mon that was one hot mess that she opened.   Craig’s sewing has been a big part of Craig’s storyline for the past year.  One would expect that his skills are better at this point than what was presented to Cameron.  Had a seven year old given the gift, making fun of it would be appalling; however this is a grown man, who appeared to give his friend sewing scraps for a baby shower gift.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, DammitHardison said:

Sunday's episode of The Soup, Joel shows the clip of Craig waxing poetically about his sewing machine being his outlet and how making pillows gives him the same high as gardening.

You've given me the sadz.  Oh how I wish The Soup was still in production.  Loved it.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Which I think is more pf Craig's bullshit. Based on their IG stories a lot pf their travel was with her family and friends but not paying rent and driving Naomi's car probably also freed up a lot of his money.

Naomie is a control freak and that is what control freaks do-they have the house, the car and get to dictate the terms.  Craig had his own car and for all the Craig driving Naomie's folks cars-what did we see maybe four times he was driving the car and mostly with Naomie?  Pretty common for a couple to use one person's nicer car and almost a must on a show about people with money.  With Craig under her roof she had control of being in the scenes being filmed.  Craig also enabled Naomie to earn money while being filmed.  Without Craig there would be no Naomie on Southern Charm.  I think she is very worried that if she can't have the constant interaction with Craig she will be relegated to Jennifer status Season 6.   

To me, it seems Naomie didn't want Craig buying a house because he just might move out of her parents' home.   She would lose the ability to monitor his every move and bitch about it.  Craig paid plenty to live in a modest cottage and the occasional driving of the Porsche.  I just think Naomie became frustrated because Craig was pursuing his interests and they weren't necessarily conducive to filming time.  Naomie bitching at Craig was conducive to lots of film time.  Naomie is savvy when it comes to screen time.

Naomie is learning that her valued opinion is just not that valued.  Patricia shutting her down should have been a clue.  Naomie being so rude as to not be present for Cameran opening her gifts is just a further example of what a control freak she is.  She wanted the attention and she wanted all of it.  

• Love 11
5 hours ago, LIMOM said:

She appears very sheltered and passionate. I still can’t help myself at times and I am nearly twice her age.

See, I find Naomi super judgmental.  If something isn't done the way she wants it done then it's wrong.  I get her feeling bad for Elizabeth and her situation, but how quickly that turned to anger when Elizabeth didn't do what Naomi wanted was childish.  Same with the way she treats Craig.

I wish they could break the 4th wall and talk about the money they make from the show. Of course that's the reason Craig's in no rush to practice law, why Austen quit his job, why Chelsea is only filmed cutting the hair of castmembers afterhours at an empty salon, etc.  

Edited by snarts
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

You've given me the sadz.  Oh how I wish The Soup was still in production.  Loved it.

It practically is! It streams on Netflix and is called The Joel McHale Show, but it is basically The Soup. I misnamed it in my original comment, but I'm gonna keep it. 

• Love 15

Wow, Thirsty, she really is. That pillow talk was cringe-inducing. I wonder if part of why she was chatting up Cameran last episode was because she envied her being pregnant.

I believe Naomie has people's best interest at heart, but being young that she is, she doesn't know boundaries yet.

I don't know if y'all remember, but during the baby shower, there’s that blonde in the yellow dress with her (ex) boyfriend in the blue blazer. She’s the new chick Austen is banging now.

On 4/21/2018 at 7:09 AM, snarts said:

why Chelsea is only filmed cutting the hair of castmembers afterhours at an empty salon, etc. 

She's actually the only one among the main cast who does have a regular 9-5 job, and is not ashamed of it.  Why film only with cast members? Would you be interested in seeing her cut some random person's hair for 15 minutes of an episode? I'm not.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:48 PM, biakbiak said:

Yes. Other people having worse experiemces doesn't negate her right to be scared.

I hope we're past the time of judging other women on their very unique pregnancy and/or mothering experiences. As much as women share the experience of pregnancy with a lot of other women, I find each experience to be specially unique to each woman, and no matter how easy or hard one may have it, I hope that we don't get to the point of arguing "I had it worse, so she should shut up." My pregnancy was smooth-sailing, I enjoyed being pregnant. My labor was the worst part. But I do understand other women when they say they didn't enjoy being pregnant. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 8

Be really honest here: who else has channeled 'Kathryn finger' lately in the sensible adult interactions we all have?! I know I have, and it's hard not to crack up when I found myself thinking of this image. Which is helpful in a heated moment. Thanks Old Kathryn. New Kathryn, and I believe, I really do, that this girl has actually learned some conflict resolution skills since the last seasons, I'm impressed. Whatever her motive is with TRav, she's handling him and everyone else around her, far more maturely. She's definitely displayed the intelligence and ability to learn fast, if nothing else. 

kathryn finger.jpg

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Be really honest here: who else has channeled 'Kathryn finger' lately in the sensible adult interactions we all have?! I know I have, and it's hard not to crack up when I found myself thinking of this image. Which is helpful in a heated moment. Thanks Old Kathryn. New Kathryn, and I believe, I really do, that this girl has actually learned some conflict resolution skills since the last seasons, I'm impressed. Whatever her motive is with TRav, she's handling him and everyone else around her, far more maturely. She's definitely displayed the intelligence and ability to learn fast, if nothing else. 

kathryn finger.jpg

I like Kathryn, and I'm genuinely rooting for her to succeed, but I feel like I'm holding my breath waiting for Old Kathryn to rear its ugly head again. I hope I'm wrong, but I guess I'll just have to [puts on sunglasses] . . . watch what happens.

• Love 18
44 minutes ago, link417 said:

I like Kathryn, and I'm genuinely rooting for her to succeed, but I feel like I'm holding my breath waiting for Old Kathryn to rear its ugly head again. I hope I'm wrong, but I guess I'll just have to [puts on sunglasses] . . . watch what happens.

Whatvever her motives are.. I don't know. What i do know, is that at her age, with what she's done to herself, just practicing these things: staying calm, employing conflict deescalation strategies etc, will eventually become second nature, regardless of why she has picked all of this up. And that can't be a bad thing for her. Not so good for drama on Bravo, but I'm enjoying her making TRav's head spin with the sudden change in demeanour. You go girl.

• Love 8

lordy lord, this just popped up on a bravo facebook group. JD's legal woes. Seeing Liz is not named, i hope this is all on him. Still, it's apparently her money that has been blown through. Oh gosh, then the very first one, under the Court Agency, seay Ravenal magistrate. Anyone know what this means? is there a courthouse or district named after the Ravenals also?

jd legal.jpg

Edited by queenjen
context
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, DammitHardison said:

It practically is! It streams on Netflix and is called The Joel McHale Show, but it is basically The Soup. I misnamed it in my original comment, but I'm gonna keep it. 

Okay, didn't know that.  Someday, I'll join with the world and pop for The Netflix, lol.

• Love 5