Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Groovy Baby

• Start Topic

I never tanned my belly when pregnant. I did moisturize every day with a certain oil. Upshot is I had no stretch marks and I thank my friend in Indiana for teaching me those tricks. Cameron was very tan on her belly and it is cute to see her excited /scared about giving birth. 

• Love 5
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

I think she did it more because she loves her husband and he wanted a family. Not because of pressure from society. 

You are probably correct too. Personally, I think if a guy wants kids then find a woman who wants kids. Don't try to make the one you have pop out a baby if she'd rather not. That's how you get someone like Cameron who looks like she'd rather jump off a bridge than have that baby. But it was her choice to give in, so I have little sympathy.

• Love 9

It’s tacky to ask why someone else isn’t at a party.

And of course Naomie has a “gay bey” (ugh. Sorry) as a roommate, who uses a Glamglow mask whilst on tv. 

Is that yellow monkey related to the infamous RHOBH bunny?

• Love 9
11 hours ago, rideashire said:

You are probably correct too. Personally, I think if a guy wants kids then find a woman who wants kids. Don't try to make the one you have pop out a baby if she'd rather not. That's how you get someone like Cameron who looks like she'd rather jump off a bridge than have that baby. But it was her choice to give in, so I have little sympathy.

Well we certainly can’t fault him because he wanted Cameron. She’s intelligent, witty, fun, pretty and was an independent woman not some whiner-clinger. I don’t think she regrets her decision to have her baby now. Most woman are scared of the birth process. I do agree if he wanted a large family then he should have found a woman who was more interested in having babies (it makes me sick to say this but like Ashley, who is now with TRAv, saying she wants to have babies with him) 

Edited by Mindthinkr
It needed to be edited.
  • Love 8

Craug made a little monkey.  It's so cute!  Handmade. Not a bear though.

And completely missed out on all the positive praise.

Boo Naomi!

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Naomie is so annoying, she takes all of the energy out of every room.

Who goes to a hostess and tells her who she should invite in her own home, what a loon.

Naomie has no manners at all.  You can be civil to people you dislike.  She’s the one who needs to grow up, not Craig.  How mature with the finger Naomie.

I hate Patricia, but I would want to walk away too if someone opened a conversation with “I know you just don’t care...” 

I’ve never seen Naomi wear a genuine smile. 

Cam and Whitney: he always seemed so slimy to me but it looks like they have a true friendship. He is sweet with her. Her near-tears reaction to Craig’s gift made me lol. “Where’s my cake??”

• Love 23

Naomie is only 25. She's learning. She has her shit together more than any 25-year old I've ever known, excluding myself, because I've never not had my shit together. But I understand where she's coming from. I can't say she's made the right social choices, but again, she's only 25. She does not yet know marriage and babies. But she is a loyal friend and she was trying to stick up for Kathryn and Elizabeth, even though she did not go about it the right way. As for Craig, well, I understand her frustration. He was living under her parents right next to her and didn't have a problem with it then. Didn't have a problem driving their Porsche around either. If my parents were supporting my boyfriend and me by way of a home and luxury cars, I'd expect him to get out of bed in the morning too.

• Love 7

Naomi is too young to realize when you become overly invested in other peoples relationships, you will very likely be the loser.  Ironically, I think her going to Patricia about Kathryn is something Craig would have done a few years ago.

• Love 24
31 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Naomi grows more unattractive with every episode.

I don't think much of Ashley either-what kind of woman throws herself at Thomas after everything he's shown us? Gross.

Naomi needs to mind her own business. Hopefully she is learning that.

As I was watching that opening scene with Thomas and Ashley, 'gross' was exactly what I was thinking of him. Also that Ashley is playing him hard.

• Love 19
47 minutes ago, rideashire said:

Tonight's episode seemed like Cameron is the only person in this world to be pregnant.  I had three births in a Catholic hospital with absolutely NO DRUGS or epidurals and all babies were over 8 lbs.. Try that.  And she's scared?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yes. Other people having worse experiemces doesn't negate her right to be scared.

Seriously!  I was induced a week past my due date.  Six hours into it my husband was so busy chatting with the nurse, that I had to practically scream for an epidural.  

I loved the shower and though I’d seen pics of the cake months ago, seeing the reaction to it on camera was great.  I think Cam, Shrp, & Whitney are the three genuine friendships on the show.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I am totally coveting Cameron's dress in a non pregnancy size!  Pink, gray and sparkly.  Subtle and sassy!

Want, want, want! 

It looked like Lily Pulitzer colors and style if that helps. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sherilea43 said:

Whitney is the creepiest creep I have  ever seen in my life. That scene with him and Cameron and the baby lady was so forced and fake.

I hated that scene -- so put on just for the show.  Why would you have some other man practice labor with you?  Unless Cam's husband is an obstetrician, he still needs to learn and practice.  I like Cam, but that was just  "silly me, I don't know a thing about having a baby, but look at me, look at me!"

Katherine's TH about Naomi said something like "why would anyone come into someone''s house and confront them and make a scene?"  I'm thinking " that is every one of these Bravo "reality" shows!!!!!"

• Love 5
8 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

I want to quit this show so bad because I feel actually morally gross watching Thomas, Whitney, and JD being disgusting examples of what mediocrity can achieve when given access to wealth they didn't earn (it's admittedly a little more palatable now that Thomas is no longer living on an actual plantation with a slave cemetery in it), being generally slimy creeps, but I just can't quit it.

I want two things for Kathryn: I want her to get and stay well, and I don't think she's a good enough actress to be selling her attempts to better herself so well, it seems like she's making genuine effort....and I hope to god she negotiates a substantial pay raise with Bravo. I don't think the show would still be going on without her and Thomas's fucked up thing as a storyline, and he gets to be an alcoholic moving in women he hardly knows to live with him and his children, while she's left in a (nice, clean, presumably quite expensive) apartment paying him nominal child support. It's fucking gross, and I get the sick feeling that while probably none of them make much money per episode - Bravo wouldn't have a million of these kinda generic non-Housewives shows if they were expensive - Thomas probably makes more than her. And he's transparently provoking her into looking unhinged on TV again!

Yeah, I really should quit this. But goddamnit it's entertaining even though it feels on some levels more sinister and gross than a lot of reality shows, and that's saying something.

Ashley doesn't live with Thomas she has an apartment in Charleston-Thomas mentioned it when speaking to his father.  Kathryn earns six figures for appearing on the show.  Think about $15,000.00 per episode x 15 episodes.  That is why Craig and Austen are not rushing out to get full time employment.  Several of them Kathryn, Craig, Shep make personal appearances and also make money.  The originals are probably bringing in over $300,000.00 a season.  Not bad for four months filming.

I don't know how Thomas is provoking Kathryn-he is entitled to live his own life without getting prior approval from Kathryn.  Kathryn can always say no and NOT sleep with him.  At this point Thomas getting Kathryn into bed is like shooting ducks in a barrel.  I am curious if it is really true or if Kathryn is just trying to start something between Ashley and Thomas.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

Naomi needs to sit down but Craig was ridiculous with him saying she was living off her parents given he spent the last three years living in their houses driving her car which is why he can spend his SC money buying houses. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Naomi grows more unattractive with every episode.

I don't think much of Ashley either-what kind of woman throws herself at Thomas after everything he's shown us? Gross.

One that is thirsty for her 15 mins and money hungry 

Edited by FrankieTankie
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:
44 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

I want to quit this show so bad because I feel actually morally gross watching Thomas, Whitney, and JD being disgusting examples of what mediocrity can achieve when given access to wealth they didn't earn (it's admittedly a little more palatable now that Thomas is no longer living on an actual plantation with a slave cemetery in it), being generally slimy creeps, but I just can't quit it.

I want two things for Kathryn: I want her to get and stay well, and I don't think she's a good enough actress to be selling her attempts to better herself so well, it seems like she's making genuine effort....and I hope to god she negotiates a substantial pay raise with Bravo. I don't think the show would still be going on without her and Thomas's fucked up thing as a storyline, and he gets to be an alcoholic moving in women he hardly knows to live with him and his children, while she's left in a (nice, clean, presumably quite expensive) apartment paying him nominal child support. It's fucking gross, and I get the sick feeling that while probably none of them make much money per episode - Bravo wouldn't have a million of these kinda generic non-Housewives shows if they were expensive - Thomas probably makes more than her. And he's transparently provoking her into looking unhinged on TV again!

Yeah, I really should quit this. But goddamnit it's entertaining even though it feels on some levels more sinister and gross than a lot of reality shows, and that's saying something.

Ashley doesn't live with Thomas she has an apartment in Charleston-Thomas mentioned it when speaking to his father.  Kathryn earns six figures for appearing on the show.  Think about $15,000.00 per episode x 15 episodes.  That is why Craig and Austen are rushing out to get full time employment.  Several of them Kathryn, Craig, Shep make personal appearances and also make money.  The originals are probably bringing in over $300,000.00 a season.  Not bad for four months filming.

I don't know how Thomas is provoking Kathryn-he is entitled to live his own life without getting prior approval from Kathryn.  Kathryn can always say no and NOT sleep with him.  At this point Thomas getting Kathryn into bed is like shooting ducks in a barrel.  I am curious if it is really true or if Kathryn is just trying to start something between Ashley and Thomas.  

I find that paycheck details and net worths for these kinds of reality people can be hard to get a good read on, because you're usually poking around some obscure and less-than-reliable sources who would spend time speculating about the earnings of third-tier Bravolebrities. From some sleuthing I couldn't find anything that seemed super reputable, however there were some quotes from Thomas from likely earlier seasons that he made about five grand per episode. 

That said, there's a lawsuit from Tom Sandoval of Vanderpump Rules that indicates he's now making about 15k per episode, and in the first season didn't make 15k all year (it's Radar Online, so grain of saaaalt, but the court filing looked real). VR is a ratings beast for Bravo and must outperform Southern Charm pretty handily, so I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't making that much ("much"). And this is all theoretically before taxes, too, and it's not like Bravo has a benefits package so there's that not-small expense, too. Compare that to a Real Housewife and it's absolute peanuts. Even with the occasional sponcon and paid appearance, I can buy that Kathryn isn't making enough from the show to afford a three-bedroom apartment or a home that she actually owns. It's all speculation, but I can easily imagine her getting short-changed. 

It's hard to argue that reality show stars who aren't working actual, y'know, jobs, are being taken advantage of, but there's just something about seeing Kathryn in a decidedly un-aspirational living situation when quite a lot of the show has focused on her downward spiral that makes me sad. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Wow, Whitney has morphed into a befuddled grampa in a track suit & badly dyed hair.  Or was he always this?  I'm gettin' a Grampa Simpson vibe now from Whit.

I’d say he’s more like Old Man Herbert from Family Guy .... dude is a greasy weird man 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, rideashire said:

Cameron seems very reluctant about this baby situation and I am betting part of her wishes she would have stuck to her guns and not gotten pregnant. Oh well, that's what happens when you give in to what society expects even if you don't want to. You get to push a watermelon out of your vag. Have fun with that, Cameron.

Lmao!!!!! I was thinking the same thing! I spit out my beer.

• Love 2

I actually like Craig and Kathryn  together. They get each other and had good chemistry. Why did they not get together years ago? Oh yeah. He was the only one of the group with no money. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, rideashire said:

Cameron seems very reluctant about this baby situation and I am betting part of her wishes she would have stuck to her guns and not gotten pregnant. Oh well, that's what happens when you give in to what society expects even if you don't want to. You get to push a watermelon out of your vag. Have fun with that, Cameron.

I am going to be honest here.  I am not married but have been in a relationship for 22 years.  He had a vasectomy years before we met and neither of us planned on children.  Well I got pregnant and completely freaked out.  I would have nightmares.  When the time came I had to be dragged to the hospital and would not go inside.  They had to drug me in the parking lot and knock me out.  My son came very quickly like within an hour of getting through the doors.  I was completely out and don't feel I miss the "magic" of birth.  I think I actually like my child more for we both woke up from a great buzz.  I learned that vasectomies are not 100%.  I learned that there is no shame in having heavy sedation.  We still use birth control in two forms.  NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN.

I don't think Cameron was against a child, child and children big difference, I think the whole ordeal of pregnancy and birth maybe was too much for her to process.  I always liked kids and would have probably adopted and it literally took my whole family running around trying not to have me give birth in an alley.  Once he was here I couldn't love him more and was so glad I was literally knocked out cold.  I hated every minute of pregnancy and still have nightmares of the hospital workers freaking out at me that I was going to kill my child.  I am not ashamed and don't get the whole "natural birth" thing.  In Europe they give the mothers Nitrous oxide.  It is standard.  Why must we be forced to be looked down on for a complete knock out like in the old days.  I say, "wake me up when the hairdresser gets here".  It didn't help that in high school they showed us films of actual births.  Scared the shit out of me.

My point being that being hesitant for birth does not relate at all to being a mother.

2 hours ago, izabella said:

I don't understand what Naomi wants from Craig at this point.  They aren't dating.  He's got his properties, he's doing renovations, sewing, cooking, and has his degree and passed the bar.  What is she doing that's so much better?

Who wouldn't love a guy who cooks, sews, gardens etc.  It seems to me that Naomi has rigid gender roles.

*****I missed when JD came in with a date.  Please dish.  Her age, someone they know?

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 23

Naomi looked terrible at the baby shower—and not just that incredibly unflattering headband. Berating your ex, questioning the hostess about who she invited, and flipping the bird are not good looks. Girl needs to get it together. 

7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Tonight's episode seemed like Cameron is the only person in this world to be pregnant.  I had three births in a Catholic hospital with absolutely NO DRUGS or epidurals and all babies were over 8 lbs.. Try that.  And she's scared?

I saw no indication of her acting like she was the “only person in the world to be pregnant”. Drugs or no drugs, the thought of giving birth for the first time IS scary.  

• Love 22