Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Bettie Jo & Susan

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

OMG how did you do that?? lol

I can’t take the credit.  Someone much more talented than I created it and posted it in the comments section of her Facebook page.  It was too good not to share with y’all!!! ?

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Emkat said:

Dr. Lola sent Susan to the sunken place 'DING'!

No wonder hypnotism for weight loss never worked--I didn't get DINGED.

No, seriously, what *was* that?  Wouldn't that sudden loud sound jolt you out of your trance?

I don't think Dr. Lola knows how to hypnotize.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, IvySpice said:

"I haven't felt my baby move!" is up there, too. I was clutching my chest and yelling, "NO! Oh, poor Bettie Jo, we can't have a stillbirth! No!" Then the relief when they found the heartbeat...

Now we know she's full of shit. She's dead to me.

And all the crap about how carrying & delivering the baby might paralyze and or kill her but she was oh so ready to sacrifice herself.  She makes me slappy.

• Love 10

I also have another theory about that liar Betti Jo.  Since Dr. Now Said that she had this in her entire life, why all of the sudden is she having back pain?  I noticed that she was so adamant to stop in the middle of feeding the baby to eat and get pain medication. Then When she was doing a video conference with Dr. now, right before the call she took some medication and then she seemed high.  In my opinion, in addition to faking cancer, I believe she’s faking pain in order to get pain medication. I’m just wondering if anyone had the same observation! 

I really detest this fat sloppy ugly cancer scammer!!

• Love 9
17 hours ago, BooBear said:

I am going to disagree.  I watched the original episode last night and when Susan told her mom she needed to be more independent -- her mom let her.  That is kind of rare on this show. Her mom was also supportive during the initial run up to Susan getting the surgery. Was she in the wrong for how she behaved before? Yes. Does she need to reign in her inclination to do what Susan wants. Yes. But a selfish toxic waste dump? No.  I am happy and proud of both of them for realizing they were not in a good way and trying to correct the situation. Susan also played a part in asking her mom to do things for her and not learning how to do them herself. 

Susan appears to have lost all the weight now and seems to be working at a job. That probably would not have happened had her mother continued acting like she had been when Susan was larger.  Mom made serious mistakes but truly seems to care about her daughter. 

I do hope Susan is living independently now.  If not for the weight issue.. mom will pass some day.

You make some good points. I guess I was a little harsh. I've seen so many horrible human beings on this show...

I'm really glad Susan is working a job and that her mom is encouraging that. That says a lot!

• Love 4
On 4/18/2018 at 7:47 PM, rlc said:

I want to be hypnotized by Dr Babyvoice.

It was the therapist's voice more than her hair that was distracting. I have trouble looking people in the eye anyways and have had sessions with people who have that kind of voice, it makes me not want to talk to them. Talk to me like a person, not a newborn baby. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

It was the therapist's voice more than her hair that was distracting. I have trouble looking people in the eye anyways and have had sessions with people who have that kind of voice, it makes me not want to talk to them. Talk to me like a person, not a newborn baby. 

Her voice, whether controllable or not, comes off somewhat patronizing, IMO anyway.

I think they need to show less of Lola as the therapist. Between her wigs, annoying voice, & those weird close ups of her face this time it's getting to be more about her than the patient, which is a problem (again IMO).

• Love 4

I cant hate on Susan, she screams recovering addict and all the issues that go with it. She needs a nutritionist and extensive therapy. She seems grateful and humbled and sad that she can't be her best, I think she just needs a little extra help and a change of venue as she would do so much better in a city one her own......more access to support groups etc.

Bettie Jo , "I need food  To take my meds" proceeds to eat a bag of greasy something.... I am on pain meds too and eat an apple or maybe a piece of toast between meal with my medicine 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TVWatcher12 said:

Perhaps this has been asked...anyone notice Betty Jo had no shoes on at the Houston airport? It looked like she was barefoot!

It has been asked, but it bears repeating. Yes, she was barefoot. No, we don't know why other than she's lazy.

It could be that she had swollen feet from the flight. Or, again, she was just lazy. 

• Love 2

Listen I fly a fair amount and I would not EVER go barefoot in an airport. I had to do it once in security and I am still grossed out by it! Even if your feet are swollen you can put shoes on before you leave the plane. 

• Love 5

Just caught up on the latest episode.

I really like Susan and wish her nothing but the best. I got a little teary eyed when she got emotional over the help that Dr. Now had given her and how she didn't want to let him down because I had taken a chance on her. It was nice to see someone grateful for the help after some of the slagbeasts we've had this season.

Now Bettie Jo? She can go fuck right off. I sort of admire her for having the balls to tell a doctor that she has cancer without any tests to back it up, they hadn't even looked at it with a telescope yet, according to Josh. I love when stupid people think other people are just as stupid as they are. Cancer has done a number on my family, I've lost three uncles and a grandparent to it and my mom and aunt are, thankfully, working on 10 and 6 years of being cancer free. I have no time for anyone who fakes cancer or begins saying they have it without any type of diagnosis. I  believe people who do that should be forced to take a round of chemo just get a taste of the hell it unleashes on you. Betty Jo seemed almost disappointed that she didn't have cancer.

The only thing Betty Jo has is Acute Bitchitas, According to WebMD her version is chronic and inoperable.

I died when she said that she had to eat something so she could take her medicine and it ended up being nachos. I've been on medication where the prescription says to not take on an empty stomach and that usually means eat something light like a cracker.

• Love 11

Just goes to show that a person can have a base level of intellectual functioning and still think like a con artist. Wasn't Betty Jo kicked off of Facebook for awhile for scamming $$$ off of people? I think someone here mentioned that.

And that mouth breathing of hers, while possibly quite necessary to get adequate oxygen to that brain of hers, well, let's just say that it certainly doesn't make her look smart

I'm sure she needed two airplane seats. Queen of the Wide Asses.

She does a very good job of kicking negative comments off of her Facebook page, but she can't do that here.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 3

Bettie No didn't seem to be too anxious to lose weight ....... just wanted approval for skin  removal surgery. Hmmm.   Munchausens is a big giant  "poor me, I'm helpless, pay attention to me, feel sorry for me, do shit for me", I fear for that child.  Munchausens by Proxy is when they use their child in order to get the attention they themselves crave.  It's horrific.  There was a case where I live where the mom made her young son ill by force feeding him salt his entire brief life, when he was hospitalized  she injected it into him.  She had website and a blog........And lots of attention and sympathy.   She ended up killing him,  and was convicted of murder.     I read about another case where the mom actually told the child she had cancer.   I fear for BJ's child. 

• Love 3
On 4/23/2018 at 10:38 PM, Snarkastikate said:

Bettie No didn't seem to be too anxious to lose weight ....... just wanted approval for skin  removal surgery. Hmmm.   Munchausens is a big giant  "poor me, I'm helpless, pay attention to me, feel sorry for me, do shit for me", I fear for that child.  Munchausens by Proxy is when they use their child in order to get the attention they themselves crave.  It's horrific.  There was a case where I live where the mom made her young son ill by force feeding him salt his entire brief life, when he was hospitalized  she injected it into him.  She had website and a blog........And lots of attention and sympathy.   She ended up killing him,  and was convicted of murder.     I read about another case where the mom actually told the child she had cancer.   I fear for BJ's child. 

Hey Snarkastikate! I’ve heard of two cases like that on tv.  Are you talking about that sweet little boy named Garnett in Westchester with the demented  Mom, Lacey and the other one with that girl, Gypsy Rose? Where the mother told her that she had cancer and even shaved the daughters head.  Then the daughter ended up murdering the Mom for doing that to her for all those years.  Is that the one you were talking about too? So tragic and sad!  In my opinion, I wouldn’t put it past her. Anyone that would outright lie about cancer has no moral compass! I hope someone is keeping an eye on how many dr’s visits and ER visits little Preston has been to because she’s a lying POS! 

Edited by Kaia40
Added thoughts
  • Love 1

She has Ann JIllian's hair. 

Ann wants it back.

I am torn between saying Lola gets to have her hair anyway she wants it and thinking that it just doesn't look professional. I can imagine what people (let's be clear - white males) are saying at conferences behind her back. Even now that I'm in an academic setting where there is a bit more leeway to look bizarre, the doctors I audit don't look like that. Their high level administrative staff don't look like that. I don't get it. I'd be staring at her wig the whole time as well - and maybe asking for my money back. Lola needs some therapy to determine why she feels a need to look like that.

Meh - It's not a look I would choose for myself but social workers/therapist/mental health workers tend to be a little less rigid in terms of appearance in the workplace. You don't want to be sloppy or slutty, but multiple piercings, tattoos, unusual hair colors, etc. aren't unusual. In fact, if you work with a client population that tends to be a little outside the mainstream in terms of their own personal appearance, it can be an effective way to build rapport.

These people are mentally ill, and clearly surgery isn't the answer. 

Maybe not but by the time they hit 600-plus pounds, the surgery lets them live long enough to seek some effective mental health/addiction treatment.

So why did dr now do the previous 2 surgeries if she was smoking ?

Because the risk of her dying of obesity was higher than the risk of complications of doing 2 surgeries on a smoker?

There is no such thing as "self sabotage" and you aren't doing it because you're scared to face more surgery.

I don't agree at all - I definitely think self sabotage is a factor. It seemed clear to me that while Susan wanted skin removal surgery, she was absolutely terrified of complications and/or dying of it. I don't think she was conscious of it, but I do think that part of what she was doing was overeating to delay the surgery she feared greatly. Honestly, if the extra skin hadn't been causing her pain and maybe other complications, I would have been inclined to say "forget the extra surgeries and just keep eating healthy."

I'm sure being a therapist pays enough!

It can be a decent living but not too many people get rich off it. I'm assuming that the patients Lola sees of Dr.  Now's are on Medicaid, which pays fairly low rates for mental health providers. Most therapists/counselors are paid upfront by clients who then have to be reimbursed by their insurance provider. So your clientele is limited to those who can afford to be out of pocket your fee until they are reimbursed. Until you build a practice, you are constantly out there marketing yourself, trying to drum up clients - and even once you have a fairly thriving practice, most clients will see you for some number of sessions then leave - so you are constantly having to dig up new clients and refresh your active client roster. In addition, your operating expenses are usually out of your own pocket, though sometimes therapists will band together to share office space and maybe someone to answer the phones. But you are paying your own malpractice, your rent, costs to maintain ongoing licensure including ongoing educational requirements. It's not the easiest way to earn a living or the most lucrative.

she recorded the line the doctor said she couldn’t stay on her diet while pregnant 

Not to split hairs but I thought she said the doctor said she couldn't stay on Dr. Now's diet while pregnant - which I'm sure is true. But she could have stayed on a healthy diet based on Dr. Now's diet and just increased her calorie intake by 300 - 500 per day. I don't think any OB would say hot dogs are a good health food in pregnancy (though I understand the craving because hot dogs are yummy if you don't think about them too much).

Perhaps insurance fraud when someone with Munschausens goes to doctor after doctor with self-inflicted "illnesses"?  Certainly the ones who have it "by proxy" are guilty of child abuse when they make their children sick.

People who have Munchausen by Proxy are found guilty of child abuse.

People who have Munchausen's are actually ill or injured. It's not insurance fraud because they are faking the symptoms for which they are being treated, nor are they billing insurance for services not actually provided. They do actually need treatment but they need it because of something they have done to themselves. If someone attempts suicide by cutting her wrists, it's not insurance fraud to seek treatment for the cuts (and hopefully the underlying psychological issues) just because she made the cuts herself.

Years ago I worked in a hospital and we had a "frequent flyer" patient who had, among other things, Munchausen's. She was also Type I diabetic (medically verified). She was repeatedly admitted to the hospital for complications of diabetes which she induced by taking too much insulin or by eating high sugar foods. She definitely needed medical attention but it was due to her own actions. Incidentally, she eventually died as a result of a diabetic coma that she initiated.

I'm really wondering what they were. They kind of looked like the little puff things some of my friends give their toddlers,

I thought they were Cheerios. Isn't there some sort of requirement that all toddlers eat their weight in Cheerios daily for some period of time? Or if not Cheerios, maybe Cap'n Crunch? It was a huge bag.

Dr Lola must get a pretty good run down on the patients by Dr Now, cause she seems to get right to the crux of their issues.  

I think (hope!) that what we see is only one segment of one session. I hope these patients get more than a single session - they certainly need it!

Perhaps this has been asked...anyone notice Betty Jo had no shoes on at the Houston airport? It looked like she was barefoot!

I noticed and thought it was because she couldn't get shoes on - either at all or maybe her feet swelled during the flight. Or she couldn't bend over to put them on and tie them? But... flip flops???

• Love 4
On 4/19/2018 at 5:13 PM, CringeWatcher said:

Rewatching from the beginning, knowing Bettie Jo lied about having cancer, makes me question everything this chick says. Oh no, I could be paralyzed. Oh no, my legs are numb. Oh no, I’m only allowed to get out of bed once a day or I’ll get a blood clot. Yeah, right. Even in the flashback to her first episode they showed her back on the hospital after her surgery, and wouldn’t ya know, *after* Dr. Now called her out for not losing any weight. I thought she was just dull and a little slow, but by golly, she may actually be quite the conniving scammer! 

Yeah I’m rewatching it now, because when I watched the first time I gave her some benefit of the doubt that maybe I misunderstood and she didn’t say she actually had cancer, but she absolutely did say she had cancer, and she didn’t back down until after talking to Dr.Paradise... and even then she tried to play the victim with the “I have cancer but dr now doesn’t believe me so I don’t know what to do” if you REALLY had cancer and for whatever reason he didn’t believe you, you would have had reports and results indicating otherwise, but you had none of that because you never had cancer.

• Love 1
On 4/18/2018 at 9:48 PM, Sasha888 said:

Bettie Jo and Josh are EXACTLY the people my wise old father (may he rest in peace) was talking about when he said people should have to pass some kind of IQ test before they have kids. It sounds harsh, but it's true. What kind of life is that poor child going to have. A mother who lies her ass off about having cancer (and having just lost both of my parents to cancer, this REALLY pisses me off), and a father who backs up the mother's lies...to the point that he'll argue with a medical professional. Even though he's so stupid he says the cancer might have to be diagnosed with a TELESCOPE! Yes, you are just the kind of person who needs to be arguing with a doctor...an idiot who can't tell a microscope from a telescope.

Not to mention the two of them winging that baby around and not supporting his head at all! Clueless freaking idiots. Or the fact that they were living in his uncle's basement, and said uncle had to loan ("loan", ha! He'll never get paid back) them money to get what appeared to be a pretty crummy apartment...yeah, you are REALLY prepared to have a baby.

I enjoyed the update on Susan (although she has her issues) but Bettie Jo and Josh need to get their lying asses off my TV. They pissed me right off.

Lol... I got a huge laugh at how seriously he said "telescope"!!! and.... that poor little baby! He is absolutely adorable!! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I noticed and thought it was because she couldn't get shoes on - either at all or maybe her feet swelled during the flight. Or she couldn't bend over to put them on and tie them? But... flip flops???

Exactly, flip flops would have worked but she’s a filthy, disgusting, dirty and smelly slob that doesn’t care! I’m sorry to sound so harsh over something like that, I just have no tolerance for a low down piece of shit scammer that lied about cancer.

• Love 5
On 4/19/2018 at 11:33 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Josh storming out of Dr. Now's office, complete with high pitched hysterics and door slamming, then telling us that he didn't need no doctor looking in his telescope for him to know Bettie Jo had cancer, has completely finished me. That is all.

If I remember right from the 1st episode they were in, he did not want her to lose weight...I guess he is a chubby chaser. He is pathetic! They are an odd couple. 

• Love 2
On 4/19/2018 at 1:24 PM, Miracle Maxie said:

When Susan went in to see Lola, I was able to read the info on the door sign. She's not a doctor (not yet, anyway), she's a Licensed Professional Counselor. Her name is Lola Clay and a search on that name is... interesting. (Not sure what we can link to here, so I'll leave y'all to do your own sleuthing!)

www.breakthrough.com/therapists/1441-find-a-licensed-professional-counselor-lola-clay

On 4/19/2018 at 10:25 PM, jpc1 said:

OK, I have a theory:  Bettie Jo wasn't really lying about cancer - she just mis-heard the doctor.  What she heard as, "You have bone cancer," was really the doctor saying, "You're a cancer on society, you bone-head!"  

LOL LOL!!! love it!!! ?

• Love 6
On 4/27/2018 at 1:10 AM, LuvMyShows said:

Just wanted to add that my favorite line was when Bettie Jo told someone (the therapist?) that she couldn't eat breakfast or lunch because she has a 9-month old!

I know! lol. That was one of my favorite lines too!  Meanwhile she throws a fit because she wanted Josh to take the baby from her WHILE she was feeding him because she needed to eat! The hilarity of this also is that it never took my babies any more than 10 minutes to finish a bottle. So if she couldn’t wait to eat for 10 minutes while Preston finished his bottle, she’s definitely not skipping breakfast and lunch! She said it was so she could take her pain medication and then she devours a fatty greasy meal and not even something remotely healthy.  So she’s not only eating breakfast and lunch, she’s eating fatty foods that are definitely NOT on Dr. Nows plan nor is she missing any meals!!! 

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 1

Can you have Munchhausen's on yourself? Wouldn't someone who goes from doctor to doctor be a hypochondriac? Also, since I audit human subjects research and have come across all kinds of diseases I never heard of before, I can't blame someone who keeps going to a doctor trying to figure out what's wrong with them. People know their own bodies and doctors, especially regular GPs , aren't trained to look for the unusual. I can picture a lot of conditions which would have someone 'doctor shopping' when they are really just trying to find out what's wrong. 

• Love 1

Can you have Munchhausen's on yourself? 

You can only have Munchausen's disorder on yourself. That's the definition - when you cause yourself harm or illness to seek the attention that comes with medical care. When you cause injury or illness to someone else (usually your child), it's Munchausen's by Proxy.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

You can only have Munchausen's disorder on yourself. That's the definition - when you cause yourself harm or illness to seek the attention that comes with medical care. When you cause injury or illness to someone else (usually your child), it's Munchausen's by Proxy.

Can you have Munchhausen's on yourself? Wouldn't someone who goes from doctor to doctor be a hypochondriac?

I'll add onto what Elizzikra said.  Hypochondria is thinking you have these diseases vs. actively injuring yourself.

• Love 2

I am only just now watching this episode. I’m not through it yet but I’m on the part with Susan at the therapist. I think Lola wants to work at Disney as a princess. She’s ridiculous how can anyone take her seriously with that voice and wig? 

• Love 4

Ok now I finished watching. A general comment-it’s getting a bit depressing to watch these intellectually, financially, and common-sense limited people. 

Poor Preston-that kid doesn’t have a chance does he? His liar of a mom  is just a terrible human being. And geez-putting on socks to walk thru the airport would be better than nothing. 

The open mouth breathing just makes people look dumb. I know someone who does that when he watches TV and his IQ drops before my very eyes. 

I could go on but I think everyone’s covered everything here. 

• Love 2

I’m still watching this episode however......Preston.  We are watching this poor baby start his life with these two idiots at the helm.  Good grief.

I can’t figure out WTF is going on.  Why is Josh so pissed about Dr Now’s questions? You would think he would be very happy to learn that his wife “misunderstood” the “oncologist” because I guarantee there was no appointment where she was told she had cancer.  She was just deflated during that whole scene and Josh was hella mad.  I even thought Dr Now was pretty careful in the way he was questioning rather than his usual brusqueness.

I have no idea if Josh was mad because he was lied to or if Now was announcing to the world that whatever scam these two are running is now exposed or what.  I didn’t understand all the adversarial voiceovers either.  

You don’t like Dr Now or the questions....stay home. Refuse filming.  Stop cashing the checks. Stop milking your “fans” for cash and prizes.

She was so full of shit and they are both flat out stupid.

Regardless....

All I could think about was that poor poor child and his future.  Poor baby.  Ugh.

• Love 8

Why is Josh so pissed about Dr Now’s questions?

I think Josh gets pissed any time he hears something he doesn't want to hear. In the original episode, he got really angry when the therapist started to suggest that he feared Bettie Jo getting more independent (which was true). In some way, I think that the cancer in this episode was a lot like the obesity in the first episode - a thing that helps keep Bettie Jo dependent on him. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, SouthernCross said:

I have no idea if Josh was mad because he was lied to or if Now was announcing to the world that whatever scam these two are running is now exposed or what.  

I think both.  I think Betti Jo concocted this whole story that she has cancer and Josh went along with it.  He’s too afraid to lose her (no idea why) to challenge her. That’s why she sat there looking like she was caught with her pants down when Dr. Now said that he called her doc and he never said she has cancer.  Josh said he understood that it’s not cancer until you see it under a “telescope” but he was mad that Dr. Now questioned them.  Since Betti Jo is the one always on line, I believe she is the one behind all these go fund me pages and conning people online. Josh just goes along with whatever she says. I don’t think he can write well never mind creating these pages.  It’s all the work of the cancer scammer con artist Betti Jo. Neither of them are great but, Josh at least seems like he loves Preston.  That POS terrible mother Betti Jo used made up reasons not too take care of Preston. 

I worry for Preston too. I’ve said in my posts before, I hope someone is keeping an eye on how many doctor visits and ER visits he has.  I can totally see her shifting her munchausens onto Preston since no one believes her lies anymore. She is exactly the type of disgusting mother to have munchausens by proxy. Like Dr. Now said, “she didn’t even look over at him when he cried.” So pathetic and sad for Preston! 

• Love 2
On 4/27/2018 at 10:41 AM, Elizzikra said:

Ah - I'd forgotten the 'by proxy' version. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Kaia40 said:

I think both.  I think Betti Jo concocted this whole story that she has cancer and Josh went along with it.  He’s too afraid to lose her (no idea why) to challenge her. That’s why she sat there looking like she was caught with her pants down when Dr. Now said that he called her doc and he never said she has cancer.  Josh said he understood that it’s not cancer until you see it under a “telescope” but he was mad that Dr. Now questioned them.  Since Betti Jo is the one always on line, I believe she is the one behind all these go fund me pages and conning people online. Josh just goes along with whatever she says. I don’t think he can write well never mind creating these pages.  It’s all the work of the cancer scammer con artist Betti Jo. Neither of them are great but, Josh at least seems like he loves Preston.  That POS terrible mother Betti Jo used made up reasons not too take care of Preston. 

I worry for Preston too. I’ve said in my posts before, I hope someone is keeping an eye on how many doctor visits and ER visits he has.  I can totally see her shifting her munchausens onto Preston since no one believes her lies anymore. She is exactly the type of disgusting mother to have munchausens by proxy. Like Dr. Now said, “she didn’t even look over at him when he cried.” So pathetic and sad for Preston! 

The show should have spelled out the whole scenario in no uncertain terms.  I’ll admit I was half asleep while watching and missed the part when she ignored the kid, but I think the show has a responsibility to it’s viewers and the people who might feel sorry for these 2, to spell out exactly what is going on and that she in fact, does not have cancer.  The show has been their vehicle to scam people. They need to be crystal clear WTF is going on so that the sympathizers who send these idiots money and gifts understand they have been scammed. I know most can figure it out but anyone dumb enough to send them money needs it spelled out clearly.  Outrageous.

The medical team also needs to be working behind the scenes to ensure the safety of that baby.  No theatrics for the show...just make sure that baby is safe.

I try not to participate in the phony indignation on these boards over much of the shit that goes on here during these shows but that kid and the situation....REAL LIFE.....and it’s disgusting.

• Love 1
On 4/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, mrsjoe said:

I was actually glad for Dr. Now to clarify that. I think we’ve gone back and forth on the boards whether that was the success rate for with or without the surgery, and I’m pretty sure Dr. Now said 600lb patients with the surgery only have a 5% success rate this episode, so I guess we have the answer.

I wonder if this is true for all of his WLS patients or just the 600 pounders? These people seem to have substantial mental/emotional issues. Just looking at the show, it doesn't seem that you get to 600 lbs without some emotional baggage. On the other hand, someone who was 3-400 lbs from eating and inactivity might be able to keep it off better, once they got the push from the surgery. A a 5% success rate doesn't bode well considering all the re-wiring and lifestyle adjustment people go through.

Whoa - found this over on reddit - did anyone remember that Bettie Jo was on Supersize vs Superskinny?  Not me.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 2

I think the show has a responsibility to it’s viewers and the people who might feel sorry for these 2, to spell out exactly what is going on and that she in fact, does not have cancer. 

Dr. Now said point blank "you do not have cancer. The only way to diagnose cancer is to do a biopsy, which you have not had."

I try not to participate in the phony indignation on these boards

What about the genuine indignation???

• Love 9
On 4/30/2018 at 10:11 AM, SouthernCross said:

The show should have spelled out the whole scenario in no uncertain terms.  I’ll admit I was half asleep while watching and missed the part when she ignored the kid, but I think the show has a responsibility to it’s viewers and the people who might feel sorry for these 2, to spell out exactly what is going on and that she in fact, does not have cancer.  The show has been their vehicle to scam people. They need to be crystal clear WTF is going on so that the sympathizers who send these idiots money and gifts understand they have been scammed. I know most can figure it out but anyone dumb enough to send them money needs it spelled out clearly.  Outrageous.

The medical team also needs to be working behind the scenes to ensure the safety of that baby.  No theatrics for the show...just make sure that baby is safe.

I try not to participate in the phony indignation on these boards over much of the shit that goes on here during these shows but that kid and the situation....REAL LIFE.....and it’s disgusting.

Dr. Now said he had talked to her doctor that she claims said she has cancer and that Dr reported to Dr Now that she has never had the tests to determine if it is or not. 

I just rewatched the really bizarre parts of Bettie Jo and her scams, and it's still amazing.    After rereading some parts of this thread I can absolutely agree that she was high for a lot of it.   And she doesn't give a dang about that adorable little baby.     She never touches her own kid, and passes him off to someone else the first second she can.    

I had to laugh when the detecting cancer with a telescope was on, and I think Josh has the I.Q. of a turnip.   Bettie Jo isn't smart, but she's certainly clever enough to scam her way through life isn't she?     I wonder if her online weight loss group is another scam, and if she's ripping people off to belong to it, or to get diet advice since she lost so much weight?    I bet she moved back home so relative will take care of the baby, and she won't even have to see him.     Poor Preston certainly deserves better.   

She's another person I think will end up as big as she started, and then some, and someday it will be too late to change.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
On 9/2/2018 at 10:29 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I just rewatched the really bizarre parts of Bettie Jo and her scams, and it's still amazing.    After rereading some parts of this thread I can absolutely agree that she was high for a lot of it.   And she doesn't give a dang about that adorable little baby.     She never touches her own kid, and passes him off to someone else the first second she can.    

I had to laugh when the detecting cancer with a telescope was on, and I think Josh has the I.Q. of a turnip.   Bettie Jo isn't smart, but she's certainly clever enough to scam her way through life isn't she?     I wonder if her online weight loss group is another scam, and if she's ripping people off to belong to it, or to get diet advice since she lost so much weight?    I bet she moved back home so relative will take care of the baby, and she won't even have to see him.     Poor Preston certainly deserves better.   

She's another person I think will end up as big as she started, and then some, and someday it will be too late to change.  

I agree with you 100% @CrazyInAlabama!!