Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Chapter Eighty-One

SEASON FINALE!

Jane believes she and Rafael are in a good place until she realizes he is keeping a secret from her. Alba's big day has finally arrived, and Jane, Xo, and Rogelio are ready to celebrate but Alba has other plans. Petra and JR make a decision about their future that neither of them saw coming. Meanwhile, River spends the week with Rogelio in order to help them be believable as a married couple, but she soon starts to take her role too seriously.

Promo:

I am so, so pleased and relieved that we got #JRshotwho instead of #whoshotJR -- should have known these writers would be better than the obvious joke!

I had a feeling Michael was alive, but how are they going to explain it? Witness protection?

• Love 11

So...I stopped watching around the end of season 3 because of the whole Michael dying for Jane and Rafael to be together. I just really liked Michael, I liked Michael/Jane together, and was disappointed in him getting killed off for no good reason, other than drama.

Now, it looks like I may be watching next (final) season after all, despite the fact that their twist for this finale WAS also for drama and probably not working out the way I want it to. 

Now, the question remains: do I go back and watch all the episodes I have missed? 

(Thanks TVLine for letting me know about this twist).

• Love 9

I am so angry!  I never liked Michael.  I wanted him dead from minute one. I hate this!  It is a Telenovela, so I knew what I signed up for!  Very few “tv” things have ever made me this angry.  Strange, I never knew I felt so passionately about this show. I kind of lost my gumption for the show when Jane chose Michael over Raf to begin with.  I guess I am the odd man out.

Edited by ScrapNini
Emotional reactions are hard.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

Holy! Shit! What's it been? Two seasons since Michael's been "dead"? I was so upset when they killed him off and almost didn't come back and even then I only half paid attention like I used to. 

But! Damn! I loved Michael but grew to love Jane and Raf and was really rooting for them. These writers sure know how to keep you on your toes. I follow Brett Dier on Instagram and had no clue he was coming back! 

#JRshot who, indeed?! I thought it was going to be Raf. 

Loved Alba's story line with her party and Jorge. 

• Love 10

@Lady Calypso, I was never a big Jane/Rafael fan, but I honestly think this season was firing on all cylinders in all its storylines. I'd recommend you watch it.

Post-finale showrunner interviews are going up:

‘Jane the Virgin’ Boss on Season 4 Finale: ‘I Knew It Would Be the Ultimate Surprise’

How Jane the Virgin Pulled Off Its Fantastic Surprise

Jane the Virgin's Shocking Finale Twist Will 'Reset Things in a Serious Way'

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

I am so, so pleased and relieved that we got #JRshotwho instead of #whoshotJR -- should have known these writers would be better than the obvious joke!

Given how long this guest stint has already lasted, and the fact that the show has a definite end-date, I’m wondering now if Rosario Dawson really might stick around to the end.

Because honestly, that was the only thing that always made me think JR might be destined for a bad end.  If she had been played by a less famous actress, it would have been a very different story.

• Love 7

Wow! I loved Michael and I'm glad he's alive. How this is going to shake out will be very interesting. I'm guessing witness protection or amnesia or both.  But, damn. Poor Rafael.

So, Petra did kill her sister. Wow. I'm hoping JR shot her mom.

And finally, yay for Alba!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

I had a feeling Michael was alive, but how are they going to explain it? Witness protection?

I haven't watched yet but I'm so pleased. I just hope it's not a long lost twin story!

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Given how long this guest stint has already lasted, and the fact that the show has a definite end-date, I’m wondering now if Rosario Dawson really might stick around to the end.

She'll definitely be around for the premiere as it's picking up immediately where this season left off, and the interview makes it sound like she'll be around a while:

How changed do you consider Petra, not only from committing the crime and covering it up but also from falling in love and losing that love, as well as still having someone out to kill her?

It’s going to be devastating. She is certainly going to try to win that relationship back. She does love her. She’ll have to see if she can.

And this one:

TVLINE | Does the fact that JR came to Petra’s rescue bode well for a reconciliation between them?

JR’s pretty hurt and pretty horrified by the lie that Petra told. But at the same time, she did care for her and does love her. So they’re going to be sorting through some of that wreckage in the season premiere.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

@Lady Calypso, I was never a big Jane/Rafael fan, but I honestly think this season was firing on all cylinders in all its storylines. I'd recommend you watch it.

Post-finale showrunner interviews are going up:

‘Jane the Virgin’ Boss on Season 4 Finale: ‘I Knew It Would Be the Ultimate Surprise’

How Jane the Virgin Pulled Off Its Fantastic Surprise

I guess it sounds like I'll be going back to watch season 4! I feel bad for even admitting that I quit the show pretty much because they killed off Michael, but I found that the show lost its spark for me. I feel bad for even admitting that I'll be watching next season because of Michael as well. 

2 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

I just hope they don't sacrifice or ruin Michael for Jane/Rafael. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael/Jane gave their romance a try only to find out that Jane had truly moved on from Michael. Or this really isn't Michael and it breaks Jane's heart. I've come to accept that Jane/Rafael will be the endgame couple so I might as well not get my hopes up now, especially if this is Michael and he chose to disappear for whatever reason. Like I said back in season 3, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. 

Maybe I should just not watch season 5 in case they do ruin what was good with Jane and Michael, as well as Michael as a character. Like Jane, I like my vision of him as it is, and the show did do a really good job at sending him off and keeping that memory alive, from the episodes I watched afterward. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So...I stopped watching around the end of season 3 because of the whole Michael dying for Jane and Rafael to be together. I just really liked Michael, I liked Michael/Jane together, and was disappointed in him getting killed off for no good reason, other than drama.

Now, it looks like I may be watching next (final) season after all, despite the fact that their twist for this finale WAS also for drama and probably not working out the way I want it to. 

Now, the question remains: do I go back and watch all the episodes I have missed? 

(Thanks TVLine for letting me know about this twist).

Oh, I didn't know next season was it's last. I've really grown to love this family and as much as the story lines and writing piss me off at times I still will miss this show when it's gone. 

• Love 3

I hope Michael was unwittingly drugged to have a fake heart attack and abducted and forcibly held until now, because I can't reconcile Michael as someone who would fake his own death and put his wife and parents through so much pain. Even if the reason was to protect Jane and/or Mateo from something, the Michael we know would have found another way.

And if Michael did fake his death, I don't see Jane wanting to be with him again.

• Love 19

Good interview with Jennie about when Brett and Gina found out about Michael's return, and what happened at the final table read.

I kind of love how Brett and Gina found out a year ago, when they were prepping for season 4, and everyone else got to be surprised when Brett jumped out from behind the door as the cast was reading the last page. I would hope that Jennie or Gina got the moment on camera, because I can only imagine the surprise.

• Love 6

I’m just thinking back to the episode after Michael’s shot, and everyone is at the hospital waiting to see if he survives, and there is this lovely vignette of Michael and Jane growing old together. I wondered when Michael actually died six months later why they had shown that. Maybe the narrator was telling the truth after all and Michael and Jane get the chance to do that. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

I've watched the show on and off for a while, and while I generally preferred Jane/Michael to Jane/Rafael in the early seasons, my initial reaction is that I really don't like this twist. Michael's death was wrenching, but felt like it was the best possible way the show could have its cake and eat it too (having Jane/Rafael be endgame, which I think they've clearly been since Day One, but having Jane/Michael a couple that could have been endgame if life hadn't intervened). Now? If Michael is a face double or an amnesiac who never recovers his memories, it's cheap shock value. If he's faked his death for years without telling his wife and parents, he's a schmuck who doesn't deserve Jane. And if he's been held captive and Sin Rostro gave him to Rafael to get to Luisa, or he had amnesia and now he remembers his life, he and Jane will not be able to make it work and she'll still end up with Rafael, which pretty much sullies how well the show handled Jane/Michael while still building toward a Jane/Rafael endgame. Pretty much no way you cut it, this is not going to be a good move imo.

Plus the triangle just about sucked the life out of this show way back when, so returning to it is not a good move.

It's true. There's really no good way to handle this. I love Brett Dier a lot and loved Michael, but his return, though getting me interested in the show again, is likely to not work out in the end. I know Jane and Michael are not going to get to really rekindle their romance. I know Jane will be with Rafael by the end of the series. I'm not an idiot; this bringing Michael back isn't really a good thing. Sure, if he's alive, then he gets to have some sort of happy ending. But it's just a cheap ploy, probably to tease Jane/Michael fans (I do wonder if his return will raise the ratings or if they'll stay low) but one side of the fandom isn't going to be pleased in the end. Michael fans already got shafted with his death and with Jane/Michael being dead. It feels like it'll just happen all over again, but in a slightly worse way. 

• Love 12

Oh goodie goodie the love triangle is back... blegh

32 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

Plus the triangle just about sucked the life out of this show way back when, so returning to it is not a good move.

I completely agree the triangle was horrible and sucked the life out of the show.. Jane's was with Michael next episode 6 months have past and Jane's with Rafael. It was annoying and made me stop watching. 

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Remember a few weeks ago at the end of the show when the narrator warned of a horrible evil on its way?  Could "Michael" be the horrible evil the narrator spoke about?  

I said then that that was my first thought when they showed the feet but I really hope they don't go there. I feel like even if it isn't actually Michael, someone with Michael's face being evil would damage his legacy. I didn't like Jane and Michael but Jane loved him and I'm really afraid  that whatever this is, it's going to ruin it.

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • Love 7

I knew that bitch Rose was responsible for taking Michael away but if this is really our Michael, she once again managed to almost destroy Jane by taking someone that she loved for her own twisted games.

I know Jane would never do it, but I would wish she would shoot Luisa in the face and make Rose watch for all the pain that she has caused her over the years.

Rogelio is going to be so damned happy. 

And frankly, so am I. I continued to watch the show because I loved Jane's relationship with her parents, with Alba, with Petra and her son. I was okay with her co-parenting with Rafael, but I never, ever cared about them as a couple. Even if they are endgame, I find the show much less interesting when it focuses on their love life.

• Love 3

I liked Michael and I liked he and Jane as a couple, but that reveal just elicited a HUGE eyeroll for me.

I just about died laughing when I saw Mateo sitting alone on the bus as the doors closed.

The twins can work the front desk at the hotel! Brilliant.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 5

I hate this twist. Nothing against Michael or Brett Dier but Michael should have stayed dead.  I thought the show was bold for going through with killing off the love winner so to speak.

They did such a wonderful job portraying Jane's grief and her heartache and finally moving on and letting new love into her life and this cheapens that. It's not great storytelling, it's cheap and lazy and this show is better than that.

And it's not interesting. The love triangle never sheds a good light on any character, and ultimately I just feel bad for all of them. Rafael finally allowed himself to go for it and let himself be happy, Jane is finally all in with Rafael and her novel is coming together, and Michael has to be aware that Jane and Rafael are together and in love.  

I just had to get that off my chest first.  Now to the rest of the episode

I thought Rafael surprising Jane with that apartment was so great and getting everyones blessing to propose was so appropriate. He's come such a long way. I wish I had saved the episode. Rafael' s actions leading up to the reveal have a much deeper, sadder meaning now. Justin has been doing such a great job with the character of Rafael this season.

Petra and JR are so sweet together, I love how vulnerable Petra is with her, how open she is. I'm glad the truth is out, I hope that it along with JR coming back to save Petra' s life will bring them closer together.

I'm ambivalent on Alba and Jorge. I kind of wish that they had just had them get together normally.

I'm glad I stuck it out with this show, the writing has been really amazing this season that I will try to trust that they won't ruin next season with the return of the triangle.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, wingster55 said:

I just hope they don't sacrifice or ruin Michael for Jane/Rafael. 

The more I think about it, the more I'm nervous this is going to happen. It feels like they brought back Michael for two reasons:

1) So that Jane can pick Rafael over some form of Michael, so that Rafael's angst about being "the second choice" can be put to bed and he can know he's the first choice. (eyeroll)

2) To pave the way for a potential Luisa/Rose endgame and/or partial Rose redemption, because if Rose didn't really kill Michael, the biggest sin she's committed is now off the books, so to speak. (Not saying I agree with it, but I can see where that might be the writers' logic.)

I hate this twist. Nothing against Michael or Brett Dier but Michael should have stayed dead.  I thought the show was bold for going through with killing off the love winner so to speak.

They did such a wonderful job portraying Jane's grief and her heartache and finally moving on and letting new love into her life and this cheapens that. It's not great storytelling, it's cheap and lazy and this show is better than that.

I agree; I liked Michael but the show has moved beyond him at this point. It's jarring to bring him back now.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

2) To pave the way for a potential Luisa/Rose endgame, because

Oh, God, I didn't think about that! Dear show, even if Rose didn't actually cause Michael's death, she's still a crazy-ass murdering drug lord who killed many people. Including Luisa's father! Please don't do this.

• Love 6

Here's something I really don't understand.  Petra strikes me as the kind of woman who would have Carrie Bradshaw levels of shoes.  Her sister goes over the railing, and she thinks she's alone.  Wouldn't the first thing she'd do is change her shoes and hide them in the closet with the 10,000 other pairs?   Those heels could kill you when they worked perfectly and there's no way in hell anyone can go around limping with one stiletto on those shoes.  You couldn't take 2 steps in one heel that high and another broken.    The next day, she could easily throw them out.   

• Love 11

This is a telenovela and things were going too good for the main couple, so I knew some crazy shit was coming. I didn't think it would be Michael because his death doesn't even fit the trope. But I threw logic out the window yesterday when this spoiler was leaked. They threw in the long lost siblings telenovela trope. lol I enjoyed this episode and the entire season. I my issues early on but it turned out great. My second favorite season after S1. I'm going to miss the series when it's gone next year. 

Edited by Simba122504
Added word
  • Love 5

I've watched Jane from the beginning but I haven't been in the fandom and I did not see Michael's return coming at all.  Probably the first time in my life I literally gasped aloud over something happening on the show, lol. 

Whatever Micheal's story turns out to be, I think amnesia is likely a part of it since they made sure to put River and Rogelio's conversation about amnesia being a classic must have twist in the previous episode recap.

When Jane chose Michael I wasn't a Jane and Michael or a Jane and Raf fan.  Raf was still too much a work in progress and Michal bailed on her in a way I couldn't totally ever get past.  But after they were married, I learned to really enjoy them even as I could see the cracks they placed in their relationship (a series of communication problems and frustrations, and Michael never quite being as supportive of her writing as Jane needed.) Nothing that would hurt them right away but stuff you could imagine becoming bigger issues down the road.   But it was clear that Jane loved him (and vice versa) and the show did a fantastic job of showing her grief and long recovery and honoring that relationship. 

I also I loved that the process after Michael's death included Jane and Raf becoming actual friends. (And then Raf had his douche phase again but he got over that, lol) This season, I did finally start rooting for Raf and Jane but Michael being alive is a great twist.  A huge wrench.  And I am totally on board for the bumpy ride.  The angst is going to be up to 11 since the emotion on all sides feels so genuine and earned.

Is it a huge telenovela gotcha moment?  Sure but I think the show can ground the crazy with heart so I'm really looking forward to next season.     

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 12

1. I’d put good money on JR being Rafael’s long-lost sister. If so, major kudos on the casting.

2. Yes! As soon as I found out this season was only 17 eps, I figured Michael would be coming back in the last ep. I’ve been fanwanking the notion he’s been in witness protection since the episode he died. LOL. I certainly hope they didn’t bring him back to be evil shoes guy. That would be a waste.  Mostly because the witness protection story and emotional beats would be too juicy to pass up. 

On one hand, you could have the anger & betrayal of Michael leaving (“can’t be angry at a dead man” & “if you love someone, you don’t leave”) vs the untenable positions of Michael’s presence being a danger to the family & specifically Mateo (hence the reminder of the kidnapping) or going into witness protection and separating Jane from her family (and Mateo from his father).  Plus the fact it’s been four years and people change. If they go down this road and are humane and fair to all the characters (and there’s no reason to think they wouldn’t be), there are so many interesting dynamics to explore that wouldn’t negate the previous wonderful work re: grief & mourning. 

It’s interesting - I can see a way forward with either of them as endgame. Will it probably be Rafael? Sure (*sigh*), got to payoff that “choose me first” thing. Tho whether that happens at the end of the series (well, at least I wouldn’t have to watch it since the series would be over) or mid season, setting up time for Jane & Michael to find each othe again, I dunno. But probably Rafael. Bleargh.

Sidenote: Sorry, I like Rafael by himself and with other people and I like Jane by herself and with other people, but I just canNOT with those two together. It’s a genuine, visceral reaction...and I generally don’t get all caught up in ship stuff. But sincerely - those two - bleargh.

• Love 6

The writers have no problems pissing off their viewers. There was a mass exodus after Michael was killed off (it still hurts to think about it), and now all the Raf fans are pissed. I know this is a telenovela but come on! I wanted to see Jane’s face at the reveal but the DVR has a scrambled episode so have to find the clip. There is no reason that Michael would make Jane suffer after all these years, unless it’s Rose in a Michael mask. And I’m betting like others that if this is the real Michael, he’s back so Jane picks Raf this time and won’t feel like he’s second best to Michael. Way to crap on the Michael fans again, writers. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, blugirlami21 said:

I'm ambivalent on Alba and Jorge. I kind of wish that they had just had them get together normally.

I realize the irony of saying this about a show that just brought back a dead man, but the idea that Jorge will suddenly be come "legal" after marrying Alba is preposterous. The ink on her naturalization paper is barely dry. Their actions will raise all kinds of red flags with USCIS. If Jorge leaves for Mexico now, he is not coming back. Michael's return is more plausible than Jorge's going and returning from Mexico.

5 hours ago, blugirlami21 said:

I wish I had saved the episode. Rafael' s actions leading up to the reveal have a much deeper, sadder meaning now. Justin has been doing such a great job with the character of Rafael this season.

I knew from his behavior that it had nothing to do with his parents. Now that we know he was dealing with the shock of the news, deciding when and how (and if?) he should tell her, and had sex with her while knowing he might lose her later, it makes the whole thing much more poignant and sad.

• Love 7

This isn't really that surprising is it? JtV deliberately telegraphed Michael not actually being dead even before his "death." The whole thing with the 'flashbulb memories' and the way 'unreliable narrator' was emphasised so, so, so heavily during the reveal that the memoir Jane was reading for her job interview was fraudulent.  Put that together with the way Jane learned of Michael's death, as it just would never have actually happened that way. The audience was told over and over and over again through Chapter 54 that nothing that happened in the episode was to be believed, that it was a deliberate fraud. And as the show is a telenovela the obvious part that would be proven a fraud was Michael's death.

And I think the show doubled down on that as the show runners gave 'Jane can't be left in a happy relationship, it has to be shaken up with massive drama' as the reason for Michael's death. And then a season later had her in a super happy, healthy relationship with Rafael. That could no more be allowed to continue than Jane's marriage and Michael's much telegraphed return was the obvious shake-up. This was all planned years ago, probably from the show's conception as a loving send up of the genre.

And I think BkWrm1 is 100% on the money with the guess that Michael's absence will be amnesia related as the River/Rogelio plot signposted. You can't do a telenovela without a big amnesia plot.

Edited by AllyB
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

Regardless of how you feel about the Michael twist, the cast's reaction at the table read is sweet!

Thanks, it made me feel a bit better about it :)

I'm a huge, huge hater of cliffhangers, to the point where I actually considered following the advice not to watch. I know that they are supposed to keep people interested but it works the opposite way for me. I like it when the last episode of the season offers one major answer and a reasonable amount of uncertainty but without leaving everything up in air. But, admittedly, this hasn't put me off as much as I thought. 

I actually hoped that bringing Michael back would be too silly, though now that I think about it, the person who said that it's the only thing that could come between Jane and Rafael was right. I knew that the news was about Michael, not Rafael's parents, but I thought it might be something that connects Rafael to Michael's death (I had a few twisted ideas that aren't really shareable). Unfortunately, I was never rooting for Michael/Jane, so I really hope it's there to reinforce Jane/Raf.

• Love 1

OK, I hate this. 

I've always been a total Michael fangirl, to the point I personally felt embarrassed by myself over it. And I've massively resented the show ever since they killed him off, and while I continued watching, it was never the same for me.

However, I absolutely do NOT want him to come back like this. This show's biggest strength has always been its ability to take the typicial telenovela twists and somehow make them seem real and beliveable. In this case, I simply don't see how it's going to work and how it's not going to destroy Michael's character, the memories of his relationship with Jane and his overall legacy on the show. Unless it's not really Michael, which is actually a strong possibility, in which case it's just a cheap, manipulative move. The whole thing is literally the ridiculous crap that the worst of telenovelas pull when they run out of ideas and I simply cannot see how it's going to be redeemed.

Also, while I strongly suspected it, I'm less than happy about Petra's reveal and I'm pretty much done with all the torture porn the writers have in store for her.

Ugh, this show's constant ability to piss me off really is something else. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 8

Bravo, show, I should have seen this coming a mile away, but I didn't. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Rose used to run a clinic that changed gangster's faces through plastic surgery, so this may be Michael and it may not. I guess I have to wait until next season, assuming they get renewed. 

I hate shows with cliffhangers in the season finale; if they aren't renewed you don't find out how the writers meant to end it unless they do an end run around the network and put something on the internet after the cancellation. 

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I guess I have to wait until next season, assuming they get renewed. 

I hate shows with cliffhangers in the season finale; if they aren't renewed you don't find out how the writers meant to end it unless they do an end run around the network and put something on the internet after the cancellation. 

The show has been renewed for next year.  It may be the last season though.  Gina hinted at that and so has the show's creator.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/jane-the-virgin/271815/jane-the-virgin-season-5-confirmed-could-be-the-end

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 1

Hahahaha, I thought that Rafael's big secret from Rose was going to be that he was Jane's half-brother too! I know that a regular tv show would hesitate to go there, but that is totally a soap opera level twist. Realistically, I know that a network tv show would definitely not let that happen at this point because there's a baby involved. This isn't Passions with Not Gay Chad having an affair with his half uncle Vincent who later got pregnant with his own father's baby!

But OMG Michael being alive is just as soap opera twisty and made me gasp!

As much as I love this show, I am not going to worry about Michael's reappearance or hypothesize how this came to be for the next six months. That's in the hands of the writers and they have handled a lot of things really well so I'm just going to hope that when the show returns for its final season, they have a good story to tell.

I know that the reason Alba and Jorge got married was because of his mother, but yeah, it's not going to look great that they got married the day that she got her citizenship. On the plus side, at least they actually dated beforehand and know each other so they have a shot at documenting their relationship beforehand and they also have lots of witnesses who can vouch for the fact that they had been dating for a while.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

The show has been renewed for next year.  It may be the last season though.  Gina hinted at that and so has the show's creator.

Executive producer Brad Silberling confirmed that S5 will be the last season of JtV:

“Yes, we are heading into the final season,” Silberling said. “It is a wonderful final season of the show… This will only make real sense when you have seen the content of the fifth season of the show. It is exactly as it was laid out… [We’ve] always known when it was going to end. It will be 100 episodes when it’s done and 100 is exactly where Jennie [Snyder Urman, creator and executive producer] always hoped it could end the story. So it’s perfect.”

5 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Regardless of how you feel about the Michael twist, the cast's reaction at the table read is sweet!

It really is clear how much the cast has missed Brett. Justin's reaction to jumping out of his seat and running full speed at Brett was very sweet. And Gina has always had positive things to say about the Jane/Michael relationship and she's always had a good rapport with Brett. 

Anyway, I guess I'll be going back to catch up on what I've missed, because I realize that I have missed this show and it is unfair that I quit on it because of one character. I know the twist might not work in theory, and it won't work on the fans on Team Rafael right now, but it seemed to work for me. Well, at least in the sense that I feel ready to come back to the show and accept whatever happens, especially since there's a 90% chance Michael's back for Jane to just choose Rafael. But if they handle this right, and I think Jennie will, Michael should theoretically not be ruined by this twist and he can have his happy ending that's not death. 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Anyway, I guess I'll be going back to catch up on what I've missed, because I realize that I have missed this show and it is unfair that I quit on it because of one character. 

You should certainly watch it because there are some genuinely good/funny/heartwarming moments, especially in the second half of S4 (in particular, Petra and Jane share some truly fantastic scenes), but in terms of character or plot development, I don't think you've really missed all that much. If you watched this episode, you've noticed that Petra is now in a relationship with a woman, and that's probably the most unexpected thing that's happened since mid-S3. 

• Love 2