Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: The Honeymoon

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

I honestly don't know how this would work though, keeping Deke in the present timeline is perilous. Deke is a time displaced person from nearly a century in the future. The potential for him to screw up the timeline in the present is enormous. Especially if he sticks around to hang with gramps and grammy Fitzsimmons. He can babysit his mother when she is born, and if he hangs around long enough he can meet himself. Anyone who has watched Dr. Who knows that is a world-ending paradox waiting to happen. 

This is why I dislike time travel plotlines (despite my love of time travel stories in general). So few shows do them well, and they just gloss over the obvious paradox issues. 

With a show that had an entire episode stating that the timeline is static and can't be changed (i.e.  3X18 called, Spacetime), Deke being in the past doesn't really, do anything, IMO. I am sure Simmons and Fitz just think that Deke is supposed to be here because it happened. Pretty much nothing can be changed but what I can't understand is why have an entire season-long theme of "gotta changed the future" when your show is pretty much against the idea of a Hawkings Multiverse or at least a multiverse where it doesn't branch out due to decisions being made. Because again, the characters pretty much believe that everything has already happened, will happen= everything is predetermined. So Deke being the present doesn't faze Simmons, Fitz, and I would also say Yo-Yo because they all believe it can't be changed.  Which is why Simmons went like, "I'm invincible and so is my husband because I am destined to have a baby girl. See me drink these three cups- one full of poison/acid and I won't drink the acid because the timeline can't be changed and is protecting me!"

This whole arc is giving me a headache. 

Why did Yoyo even bother to betray Mack and spring CrazyFitz out of the brig if she didn't think there was anything she could do to change the timeline?

And Simmons seems sincere about both her concept of "we are invincible" and simultaneously attempting to prevent the Lighthouse future from happening. Even writing that down is making me sigh. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, CaptainTightpants said:

This whole arc is giving me a headache. 

Why did Yoyo even bother to betray Mack and spring CrazyFitz out of the brig if she didn't think there was anything she could do to change the timeline?

And Simmons seems sincere about both her concept of "we are invincible" and simultaneously attempting to prevent the Lighthouse future from happening. Even writing that down is making me sigh. 

This whole season doesn't make much sense even when you factor in the possibility of Gravitron being the factor that causes the world to go kaboom, IMO. I mean on one hand we have Infinity War (which now, they are saying they will tie-in with- somehow) but on the other hand, they are teasing/hinting Gravitron for the second half of this season (on a shoestring budget no less) and that one (or maybe both) of these things caused the world to literally be destroyed. Then you have the aliens and this "convent" thing and it all just makes so little sense. On top of everything is this timeline issue and this idea that they are trying to this dystopian prevent future. THEN it gets really confusing because they now have Simmons (when she wants to and feels the safest) to go, "I'm invincible because in the future, that I want to change, I will end up having a daughter with Fitz). Even though this makes little sense already, IMO, since they were transported (their whole body and mind) by Enoch to the future but by that point, Simmons and Fitz are supposed to have a daughter that will grow up have to Deke and then get murdered by the Kree. It's like the writers want it both ways. They want us to believe that they want to change the future but also that Simmons and Fitz are destined to have a daughter no matter what, and they are stuck in a time-loop. But where does this time-loop end/begin at though? Are they nearing the end of this loop, or the start of the time-loop, what is causing this time-loop, etc...

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, tessaray said:

This is why I would prefer they actually change the future and have Deke fade out of existence.  Because the time travel stuff gives me a headache too.  

Oh, I would prefer if they do change the future and Deke fades away. It also gives the implication that we won't know the future and choices DO matter but as of now who knows where they are going down this road. Making everything predetermine is a bit pointless, IMO, unless they are trying to do a causality loop thing but I have no idea if that is the case (and it would also mean that they accidentally do cause the world ending by trying to stop it), here is a video trying to explain the different types of time travel:

• Love 5

idk I feel the coulson and May love story line seems to be a lot worse than any other one plus I still don't ever remember before season 4 where Mack and Elena had this thing for each other its like every single romance came out of no where

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

Oh, I would prefer if they do change the future and Deke fades away. It also gives the implication that we won't know the future and choices DO matter but as of now who knows where they are going down this road. Making everything predetermine is a bit pointless, IMO, unless they are trying to do a causality loop thing but I have no idea if that is the case (and it would also mean that they accidentally do cause the world ending by trying to stop it), here is a video trying to explain the different types of time travel:

A time travel analysis without Doctor Who?  Or Star Trek?  :-)    

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Yeah I know... there was another video that I was going to post but didn't  and I think that it had a ST TNG First Contact  reference but the video itself focused way too much on Looper.

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, CooperTV said:

It seems like after coming back from the future the show is just spinning its wheels. I thought the beginning of the season was exciting, and the second half had it moments but now it's just set-back after set-back to the finale result of the future happening exactly like it had happened all other times in this time loop.

If that happens, I'm going to feel cheated.  That will mean that no one had any real free will -- if the future is fixed, why bother doing anything>  It will happen regardless.

10 hours ago, Jack Kerouac said:

they really need to get a better actress than Dove Cameron. She's nice to look at, but the girl can't act her way out of a wet paper bag.

The bold is definitely a matter of opinion.  There are tons of actresses much more attractive in my opinion (like Ebonee Noel), and most of them can act rings around Cameron. 

1 hour ago, TVSpectator said:

here is a video trying to explain the different types of time travel:

This "new"series sounds an awful lot like Tru Calling.

27 minutes ago, tessaray said:

STTNG First Contact was shown as the same type of "anything goes" time-travel as Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Back To The Future.  I'm not sure where Dr Who fits -- I think the type of time-travel they used depended on how they wanted the plot to go. 

• Love 3

If this were Dr. Who, Chris Eccleston would be running around screaming "you are just a bunch of stupid apes" while Reaper monsters fly around destroying the world because of the paradox created by altering the timeline. 

Which I would enjoy more than the current and baffling treatment that this time loop plot is getting.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

Yeah, I really don't want him to be in the next season at all (honestly I kind of just want him to cease to exist. If it means that Fitz and Simmons have to die then I am for it- just so Deke doesn't exist.

Oh HELL no!

• Love 2
On April 17, 2018 at 1:15 PM, Gothish520 said:

Daisy wouldn't listen, she never listens to anyone. I thought they did ask her?

I'm all for Deke and Daisy getting together.

100%

They have so much chemistry. I love all the pics & vids Jeff & Chloe post together. He posted some new pics of the two of them today.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, romantic idiot said:

He sacrificed his life to save the world.

You're thinking of Trip and Andrew, who actually sacrificed their lives for others. Deke, on the other hand, had a hollow sacrifice that was written to try and balance out the fact that he worked for Kasius and sold a person into slavery for money.

7 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Oh HELL no!

I disagree. Deke should go. He serves no purpose on the canvas. I'd personally love it if this show added a man of color. It's been five years - I think they could have another man of color without trivializing him or killing him off.

4 hours ago, Proteus said:

They have so much chemistry. I love all the pics & vids Jeff & Chloe post together. He posted some new pics of the two of them today.

We're addressing Daisy and Deke, not the actors who play them. Deke is the person who sold Daisy into slavery, and not everyone is willing to overlook slavery for the same reasons that folks were willing to overlook Ward being a remorseless Nazi who once threatened to rape Daisy.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, romantic idiot said:

No, Deke did not sacrifice himself to save the world nor did he die just yet. He is still alive and he got shot because he didn't listen to Daisy. You were probably thinking of Lash/Andrew, Lincoln, Will, Mace, and Trip (characters that the writers/showrunners are willing to have the main characters stomp all over/totally forget about because even though they literally DID sacrifice themselves to either save the world and/or save the entire team and/or a member of the team, but we are supposed to just forget them in favor of characters like Deke). Honestly, I just don't see the writers killing off Deke because he not only has plot armor but also is a Fitz Simmons which means that they won't kill him off. Which, is sad because I so want him to die and/or just cease to exist.  He is a waste of a character and his presence just reeks of fanservice and shipper's wish fulfillment. 

15 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

If this were Dr. Who, Chris Eccleston would be running around screaming "you are just a bunch of stupid apes" while Reaper monsters fly around destroying the world because of the paradox created by altering the timeline. 

Which I would enjoy more than the current and baffling treatment that this time loop plot is getting.

That would be more fun to see then this so-called "time loop" Lol, Chris Eccleston was in the MCU- he played the Dark Elf in Thor the Dark World and hated it (he also said he hated being in Dr. Who and in Heros).  At times I wonder if they have a clear way of ending this time loop or was just waiting around to see how to connect it to Infinity War.

22 hours ago, jhlipton said:

This "new"series sounds an awful lot like Tru Calling.

If that happens, I'm going to feel cheated.  That will mean that no one had any real free will -- if the future is fixed, why bother doing anything>  It will happen regardless.

Yeah, that is right but I wonder if the writers are going to try to have it both ways or something?

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

You're thinking of Trip and Andrew, who actually sacrificed their lives for others. Deke, on the other hand, had a hollow sacrifice that was written to try and balance out the fact that he worked for Kasius and sold a person into slavery for money.

I disagree. Deke should go. He serves no purpose on the canvas. I'd personally love it if this show added a man of color. It's been five years - I think they could have another man of color without trivializing him or killing him off.

We're addressing Daisy and Deke, not the actors who play them. Deke is the person who sold Daisy into slavery, and not everyone is willing to overlook slavery for the same reasons that folks were willing to overlook Ward being a remorseless Nazi who once threatened to rape Daisy.

You are right that Deke didn't sacrifice himself and those other characters actuall DID sacrifice themselves. As with Deke, it was clear that he didn't listen to Daisy, Ruby got away and he got shot. It's pretty much the opposite, IMO, of what those other characters did. THey literally did sacrifice their lives to save the world, Coulson entire team/SHIELD, and/or a single team member. Honestly, why should we even like Deke in the first place? He really doesn't have anything positive about him. He worked for the Kree, he sold Daisy into slavery, he didn't listen to Daisy and bungled a job to kill/capture Ruby, etc... 

• Love 2

Deke holding off the Kree while Enoch worked is the same as Steve Rogers jumping on a grenade that proved to be a dud or Tony Stark riding a nuke to his death but somehow he survived . That all three had plot armor doesn't take away the narrative fact that all three did an act that Medals of Honor and the Victorian Cross are awarded for. Normally posthumously.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 10
On 18.04.2018 at 5:48 AM, CaptainTightpants said:

Elena's behavior in all this is the only consistent thing this season. From the beginning she's trying to be proactive in all her choices, she constantly crosses lines to try and save people. And it seems like she got tired of Mac telling her off all the time (in the gentlest way possibly, of course, because Mac loves her) or telling her she should just forget about the Future!Elena.

I have more issues with the awkward Fitz is crazy foreshadowing at the beginning of the season with him believing he killed the Team and later him inventing a supposedly creepy way to murder the Kree guards. Which apparently led him to a psychotic break with him attacking one of his best friends and do a forced operation on her her in front of his wife? Because... DRAMA? Even though the entire thing with Daisy being scared of getting her powers back via the removing the chip hadn't been set up at all, so at this point Fitz could just... ask nicely? That seems like a biggest writer screw up to me because the show is now ignoring the entire situation and Fitz's mental health, and the result of Daisy returning her powers and helping close the interdimensional rift could be achieved any other way.

Speaking of Deke. I do think that the future will be changed but since the multiverse angle is at play here, when something happened either with Fitz, Simmons or their potential pregnancy/fertility at the end of the season, Deke will just stay around because he's now from the  different potential universe.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Raja said:

Deke holding off the Kree while Enoch worked is the same as Steve Rogers jumping on a grenade that proved to be a dud or Tony Stark riding a nuke to his death but somehow he survived .

Steve was a good person who wanted to stop bullies despite lacking the physical capacity that some of his fellow soldiers possessed, and the grenade scene was meant to highlight the kind of hero he truly was even though he was small and not physically imposing. To compare a slaver like Deke with Captain America is a bit much.

4 minutes ago, Raja said:

That all three had plot armor doesn't take away the narrative fact that all three did an act that Medals of Honor and the Victorian Cross are awarded for. Normally posthumously.

It will never cease to amaze me how people will romanticize repugnant characters like Ward or Deke.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Steve was a good person who wanted to stop bullies despite lacking the physical capacity that some of his fellow soldiers possessed, and the grenade scene was meant to highlight the kind of hero he truly was even though he was small and not physically imposing. To compare a slaver like Deke with Captain America is a bit much.

It will never cease to amaze me how people will romanticize repugnant characters like Ward or Deke.

It is what he did. Instead of running and hiding and letting folks he barely knew just fail thus letting a small slice of humanity serve as foster parents for potential Inhuman under Kree rule  he stood "to the death" only the plot armor allowed him continued life and a chance to discover his grandparents. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Raja said:

It is what he did. Instead of running and hiding and letting folks he barely knew just fail thus letting a small slice of humanity serve as foster parents for potential Inhuman under Kree rule  he stood "to the death" only the plot armor allowed him continued life and a chance to discover his grandparents. 

He spent his life working against the goals that his parents strived for and helped maintain the status quo that the Kree imposed. He sold a woman into slavery for money. He willingly worked for Kasius, even though he was already exploiting people with his Framework network. He only aligned himself with Coulson because he wanted to speak with his father. He showed no concern for the denizens of the Lighthouse as Flint continually expressed concern for them. Are you seriously trying to compare this cretin to Captain America, or even Iron Man? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lobsel Vith said:

I disagree. Deke should go. He serves no purpose on the canvas.

I was strictly responding to the comment that TVSpectator made about Fitz and Simmons being killed off. I like Deke, but I wouldn't be devastated if his character was written out - but they better not touch FitzSimmons!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, romantic idiot said:

Yup, he did. I really loved that. The moment between he & Daisy before he left was great as well. I'm looking forward to seeing the two of them work together more.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

He spent his life working against the goals that his parents strived for and helped maintain the status quo that the Kree imposed. He sold a woman into slavery for money. He willingly worked for Kasius, even though he was already exploiting people with his Framework network. He only aligned himself with Coulson because he wanted to speak with his father. He showed no concern for the denizens of the Lighthouse as Flint continually expressed concern for them. Are you seriously trying to compare this cretin to Captain America, or even Iron Man? 

Just like Valkyrie in Thor. Except he did shpw concern for his level when Daisy,'s  actions threatened random punishment  for all. And in the end he stood. Just as Captain America quesioned  if Tony Stark would jump on the wire for the redt of his squad before he did. From grandma Simmons we get that it doesn't matter where you been, it is where you are going.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Yup, he did. I really loved that. The moment between he & Daisy before he left was great as well. I'm looking forward to seeing the two of them work together more.

No, he didn't, because Deke sacrificed absolutely nothing.

2 minutes ago, Raja said:

Just like Valkyrie in Thor.

Except Valkyrie never romanticized her actions, she's in a movie that has critiques against imperialism (as Taika Waititi has explained), and Deke has victim-blamed Daisy for his actions and even trivialized his actions in the previous episode with Fitz (where he said Fitz impressed him - which was disgusting).

2 minutes ago, Raja said:

Except he did shpw concern for his level when Daisy,'s  actions threatened random punishment  for all.

How about we cut it with framing Deke as a hero for selling a woman to Kasius for money? Because I can do without hearing you trying to frame Deke as some kind of hero for being a slaver, especially when he's not even consistent about his justifications for selling Daisy.

4 minutes ago, Raja said:

And in the end he stood. Just as Captain America quesioned  if Tony Stark would jump on the wire for the redt of his squad before he did. From grandma Simmons we get that it doesn't matter where you been, it is where you are going.

Nope - comparing a slaver to Captain America or Iron Man is still ridiculous. Neither of them were ever impressed by seeing a man nearly murder an entire crew of people while he brutally tortured a woman begging for help, so keep in mind how silly it is when you try to compare either character to Deke. Also, Simmons let Fitz loose despite the fact that he can go full Ward, so she really isn't the best person to use as an example right now.

• Love 2

Deke sacrificed everything. the plot armor saved him and brought him back to life by the supernatural science of a small piece of monolith that the characters did not believe was large enough to save him.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Raja said:

Deke sacrificed everything. the plot armor saved him and brought him back to life by the supernatural science of a small piece of monolith that the characters did not believe was large enough to save him.

Let's not forget how he was impressed by a display of being held hostage while a woman was being tortured in front of him.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Raja said:

Just like Valkyrie in Thor. Except he did shpw concern for his level when Daisy,'s  actions threatened random punishment  for all. And in the end he stood. Just as Captain America quesioned  if Tony Stark would jump on the wire for the redt of his squad before he did. From grandma Simmons we get that it doesn't matter where you been, it is where you are going.

Great post. I also loved when Daisy was fighting the kree woman that it was Deke who aided her and saved her. He's really proven himself. I'm loving his character arc of becoming a hero.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

I'd personally love it if this show added a man of color. It's been five years - I think they could have another man of color without trivializing him or killing him off.

I would actually love if they brought back B.J. Britt. It has been my secret wish since he was needlessly killed off. He was a great character and added some much needed fun and charm to the character interactions overall. I would prefer to have the return of a much loved character as opposed to the stream of new people. 

Also his name is Triplett, so how fun would it be if there were secretly 3 of them and he came back to play the surviving twins?! I would love that so much that it hurts to think it won't happen. And if Patton Oswalt can play 7 versions of the same character there is no reason why the Triplett thing can't happen. Looking at you show. 

Frankly after the disappointing letdown of this whole Hydra thing I think they owe me. Hale has been a big letdown, ditto on Ruby and Alex. I think they might be the weakest villains we have had all series. 

10 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

That would be more fun to see then this so-called "time loop" Lol, Chris Eccleston was in the MCU- he played the Dark Elf in Thor the Dark World and hated it (he also said he hated being in Dr. Who and in Heros).

Fun fact he also did the role of Destro in the truly terrible G.I. Joe reboot. And he publicly states it was a money based decision and he is an admitted prostitute for taking the role. But he had to do something after he got black listed by the BBC, lol. 

That being said, he is a tremendous actor and if he actually showed up on SHIELD I would be prepared to wet my pants with joy. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

I'd personally love it if this show added a man of color.

Even longer for a dark-skinned woman.  Has there been a BLACK woman in the cast, ever?  I think Ruth Negga is the closest they've come, and she's fairly light.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Even longer for a dark-skinned woman.  Has there been a BLACK woman in the cast, ever?  I think Ruth Negga is the closest they've come, and she's fairly light

There was Coulson's former protege from season 1, Akela Amador. I guess she wasn't in the cast because she only got the one episode. But she was amazing and I even remember at the time that I was surprised she wasn't developed into the main cast. What a missed opportunity!

She would be an excellent addition and a nice callback as well. And she was a total ninja! We know she can survive in adverse circumstances for many years. So she is qualified to hang out on the Bus. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

There was Coulson's former protege from season 1, Akela Amador. I guess she wasn't in the cast because she only got the one episode. But she was amazing and I even remember at the time that I was surprised she wasn't developed into the main cast. What a missed opportunity!

She would be an excellent addition and a nice callback as well. And she was a total ninja! We know she can survive in adverse circumstances for many years. So she is qualified to hang out on the Bus. 

She would be great.  Alas, Pascale Armand is doing quite well in theater -- nominated for a Tony oin Broadway, and playing at the Old Globe theater (one of the top 5 Shakespearean theaters) -- so I doubt she's be interested in SHIELD.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Proteus said:

Great post. I also loved when Daisy was fighting the kree woman that it was Deke who aided her and saved her. He's really proven himself. I'm loving his character arc of becoming a hero.

How is he becoming a hero? He just didn't listen to Daisy, allowed Ruby to escape, and got shot (but survived)? I honestly don't see anything positive about him. Also, he has no purpose for this story- are they trying to use him like a bellweather to see if the future has been changed or not, does he have any info on how the world ends that can be used and actually tries to prevent it, etc...? 

11 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

I would actually love if they brought back B.J. Britt. It has been my secret wish since he was needlessly killed off. He was a great character and added some much needed fun and charm to the character interactions overall. I would prefer to have the return of a much loved character as opposed to the stream of new people. 

Also his name is Triplett, so how fun would it be if there were secretly 3 of them and he came back to play the surviving twins?! I would love that so much that it hurts to think it won't happen. And if Patton Oswalt can play 7 versions of the same character there is no reason why the Triplett thing can't happen. Looking at you show. 

Frankly after the disappointing letdown of this whole Hydra thing I think they owe me. Hale has been a big letdown, ditto on Ruby and Alex. I think they might be the weakest villains we have had all series. 

Yeah, they did try to bring him back but it was more or less a cameo and Ward got the spotlight for the Framework story. It still makes me wonder why the hell the showrunners were intent on killing off his character? I know that it was mentioned that they had planned to do it in Season 1 but didn't because of the fan base BUT why kill off a popular character in his height of popularity? It's not like they are Joss Whedon (and yeah, I know Jed Whedon is his brother and that Mo is his sister-in-law, but so far they are, in my opinion, nowhere close as to how decent of a writer/director that Joss is- and this is coming from me after hearing about Joss Whedon's years of cheating on his wife while claiming to be a feminist, Age of Ultron and Justice League failures, "quitting" writing/directing the upcoming DCEU Batgirl move , reading parts of that leaked, IMO, shitty Wonder Woman script , etc.... I still think that Joss is the better writer/director than Jed) and can pull it off and/or maybe they felt like Trip was too threatening for the Fitz/Simmons shippers? I mean it was sudden and then people hated it and it led, IMO, to more dislike of the Skye/Daisy character (since she was involved with his death). Not to mention that it turned off a lot of viewers and the show just continued to drop in ratings. It also led to some people to start criticizing how the show handles its male POC characters. Not to mentioned that a season afterward they introduced the whole, "Simmons gets sucked into a giant rock and then meets and eventually falls in love with Will...." which I DO KNOW pissed off the Fitz and Simmons shippers but then a few episodes later they had Simmons say that she wanted to leave Will on that alien planet because of Hive/IT but honestly IF Will was alive it would've been murder. Yeah, they wanted Simmons to commit murder, on a person, she claimed to love because shippers got upset IRL, kind of not only upset me but some critics (I do remember a few that were upset with that) as well and ratings continue to drop. It just seems that this show just keeps on writing these characters and/or the plot in ways that just pisses people off. Now we have to deal with a character like Deke and also Fitz succumbing to his "dark side" and torturing Daisy, while holding everyone else (including Simmons and Deke) hostage via gun holding robots.

As with the  Koenigs, personally, I thought that they totally went overboard with the joke of them being so many, (I thought there were only 4 Koenings?) (plus having a sister) and it would've been better if they all turned out to be just LMDs. I mean it was the 4th Season while they were doing an LMD run a muck story, and it would've been nice to see just some LMDs were good and not just evil imposters, and AIDA turning evil and then becoming a "real woman" that becomes a woman scorn because Fitz dumped her (also would've been nice to see AIDA wanting to murder Fitz and not Simmons, because of again, the writing seems to be only good when they want to, IMO), etc....

Fun fact he also did the role of Destro in the truly terrible G.I. Joe reboot. And he publicly states it was a money based decision and he is an admitted prostitute for taking the role. But he had to do something after he got black listed by the BBC, lol. 

That being said, he is a tremendous actor and if he actually showed up on SHIELD I would be prepared to wet my pants with joy. 

Yeah, I know about that too. We must've read the same article or something (he also said that that BBC nearly blacklisted him and that was why he came over to work in America):

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/mar/11/christopher-eccleston-macbeths-very-insecure-about-his-masculinity-i-am-most-men-are

Anyways, he seems to really hate being on anything that is spectivitve fiction and would probably only do it for the money and didn't Jeff Bell said that they ran out of money this season or what?

9 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

I remember there being one black woman working for REAL SHIELD but she (along with the battleship) just disappeared once Season 3 started. 

20 hours ago, Raja said:

What did Deke "sacrifice" though? Are you watching a different version than the one being aired?

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 2

I was actually hoping the Koenigs would turn out to be multiple clones of Napoleon Bonaparte, or alien robots or anything other than quintuplets or septuplets or whatever they turned out to be. That was a missed opportunity for some whimsy in the show. 

And I agree about Joss Whedon. He is an accomplished director most days. And I can't see him being as inconsistent as what we have been experiencing here.

I seem to recall that the show had its budget cut and episodes added. So more with less. You are starting to see that they are working on a shoestring with the sets especially. 

And I was really hoping for more from the Superior this season. I mean if you have Zach McGowan why wouldn't you give him something to do!? He didn't have a lot to do last season, but I thought they were just introducing him. And them would expand his part for season 5. But he has had about 10 minutes of screen time. And his character hasn't been developed at all. 

Instead we get a lame duck trio of uninspired Hydra-boppers introduced instead. I don't know why this show always defaults to adding new characters instead of developing the ones they have on hand. 

The decision to kill off Trip was ill considered. Especially since the actor was willing to stay with the show. And they could have easily brought him back through the framework somehow. He was probably the framework character who was most true to the original. His personality hadn't really changed at all. He was still awesome. They could have worked him back in easily. And his poor grandma would have been so happy!

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • Love 4