Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Wrath

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

On 4/15/2018 at 9:43 PM, catrox14 said:

This is my point though. He's fucked up Rick so much that I would rather Rick be killed off than have this crap. It's not okay for me.

Yes!   Kill Rick and keep Carl and start over 

• Love 4
On 4/17/2018 at 11:37 AM, seacliffsal said:

This episode is a pretty good ending point in that Rick remembers how life used to be and the scene of Sheriff (deputy) Rick and li'l Carl just seems like an appropriate image to go out on.

Interesting.  I hated the ending.  Reminded me of Opey and Andy Griffith.  Was waiting for the “whistle music”. :(

• Love 1

Is there a glazier somewhere at the Hilltop? Where did Tara and Company get all those replacement panes of glass they took to the Sanctuary? (Lucky thing they appeared to be the exact size to fit those factory windows!)

• Love 3
On 4/16/2018 at 1:04 AM, jaigurudeva said:

How did all of the guns backfiring end up dropping (killing?) all those Saviors? Seems at worst they'd have burned hands or arms, at best jammed up guns. For a second I thought they'd all been shot by a third party off-screen, like the Ocean-siders. Do they think "back-firing" literally means the bullet shoots out backward and kill you?

That was a helluva lot more than “backfires”.  Judging from what we saw + what Eugene said to Rosita afterwards:

• Eugene did the first batch or so of rounds “straight”, to convince Negan&Co. they were OK - recall Negan shooting at the “Rick” target at the Sanctuary.
  • Afterwards, though, Eugene mixed a little “sump’in extra” into the gunpowder charges (I’d guess gasoline or nitro or something similar) which greatly amplified their explosive power above and beyond the firearms’ capacities to contain.

As many shooters who reload their own rounds can attest (some to their own sorrow), most firearms are built to pretty strict tolerances of how “hot” a load they can handle - and you exceed those tolerances at your own peril.

D244A6AD-73FF-4151-A01F-B6517D8FEF15.jpeg

3212A39E-3BEC-46F7-99E5-E69F4B22210D.jpeg

Edited by Nashville
Added imagery
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Thanks for the explanation, @Nashville.

And yay Eugene! That's about it though.

I'm still not watching anymore and am only keeping up with the show here - mainly to see all the lovely snark - because the continued whatever it is the writers did to Carl in order to justify Negan's continued existence was too much for me to take. I bowed out after the midseason finale... I can only imagine the atrocity those letters are. Carl becoming a sudden pacifist when it comes to Negan and people like him... no, just no. And I won't ever forgive the show for doing it.

• Love 3
On 4/22/2018 at 5:15 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Well, Grand Marnier (after my dinner wine) and now Drambuie. I didn't know I liked Drambuie until someone "gifted me" a bottle. Turns out I like it and it's better than fake pickles! Hey, they're one of my few pleasures in life. Leave it alone. It's my thing.:D

Man, that’s some high priced booze.  Fancy pants confirmed.  All I got is some canned heat and a heel if bread to strain it through. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

All I got is some canned heat and a heel if bread to strain it through. 

No grit, I bet! Talk about class!:p

On 4/23/2018 at 4:16 PM, Nashville said:

Afterwards, though, Eugene mixed a little “sump’in extra” into the gunpowder charges (I’d guess gasoline or nitro or something similar) which greatly amplified their explosive power above and beyond the firearms’ capacities to contain.

No doubt the ACME warehouse had some nitro in there. Rick must have left the door unlocked after he got out an "Instant Hole" designed for diving out windows unscathed.

• Love 3
On 5/1/2018 at 9:19 AM, AngelaHunter said:

No doubt the ACME warehouse had some nitro in there. Rick must have left the door unlocked after he got out an "Instant Hole" designed for diving out windows unscathed.

Sure! - right between the Rocket Sleds and the Everlasting Gasoline.

• Love 3

When this Rick returns let me know

tumblr_mcblf3Q2oU1r9zk5ko1_400.gifClBqz.gif

Not hesitating to kill someone and not giving it a second thought. When they tried killing him he killed them first. How many times did Negan try killing him and Rick saying five million times that he was going to kill Negan. So Rick stops because of Carl's excuse school note. SMDH. They can have peace but need to get rid of Negan and I think they can have peace and rebuild civilization. Negan alive that's not going to happen. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ShadowSixx said:

When this Rick returns let me know

tumblr_mcblf3Q2oU1r9zk5ko1_400.gifClBqz.gif

Not hesitating to kill someone and not giving it a second thought. When they tried killing him he killed them first. How many times did Negan try killing him and Rick saying five million times that he was going to kill Negan. So Rick stops because of Carl's excuse school note. SMDH. They can have peace but need to get rid of Negan and I think they can have peace and rebuild civilization. Negan alive that's not going to happen. 

Eh. While that Rick didn't hesitate, he wasn't exactly great either. That's the same Rick who changed his mind about Randell every 5 minutes. And the Rick who got his wife, T-Dog and almost Carol killed.

• Love 1
(edited)

I may have to watch again but I think Andrew is more the cause of T-Dogg & Lori's death by letting the walkers into the prison. Then again Lori more than likely would have died from childbirth as she had to have an emergency c-section. Rick during the time was slowly entering leadership role and I can understand his back and forth with Randall since he's like his first hostage and not knowing what to fully do with him. That Rick and Terminus Rick was a whole lot better than the Rick that is before us now.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

I may have to watch again but I think Andrew is more the cause of T-Dogg & Lori's death by letting the walkers into the prison.

Rick let Andrew go by closing the door in his face. Rick thought, with the zombies everywhere and Andrew not having dealt with them due to being locked up the whole time, Andrew wouldn't make it. It is 100% on Rick as Andrew was only capable of doing all that thanks to Rick. Rick had every opportunity to kill Andrew (since Andrew went up to the bars and begged Rick to let him in again) but he didn't. So it's on Rick that 2 people died (50/50 on Lori but we will never know), almost 3 if Daryl hadn't found Carol in time.

I watched this whole season because I wanted to see the end of negan.  That is also why I  watched last season. 

I am so bored of everything this show is doing right now.  Even the zombie gore has no effect.  I sat and are spaghetti for lunch while zombies were getting slashed and squished, and didn't bat an eye.  I was slurping my noodles right along with the sound effects.  

I can't even pay attention when they are shooting and fighting.  It's too hard to tell who is winning.  They are all dirty and grimy, and I can't tell who is who.  I played a lot of Homescape, while binging this,season.  Lol

I guess I'm over it..But I have 8 season invested and I want to see how it ends.  But I'm not sure I can take another season of Negan.  

Edited by mishap
  • Love 1

I guess I missed the reason for two pieces of stained glass just hanging in a tree.  I just watched this episode.  I've gotten several eps behind in the last couple years and then binge (a lot of ff'ding involved) hoping the show has gotten better.  This time it was just the last two and I'm not sure I watched the two or three before these.  It felt like a soap opera though.  You know years ago when you could miss a few weeks of your show and then check on it only to find you missed absolutely nothing?   That would be how this felt.                                                                             If Maggie wants Neagan dead, then just do it.  I doubt they would kill someone several seasons pregnant.  If you want Rick out of so called power, then do his "fairness" thing and take a vote.   That would probably be as boring as any the writers have planned.  

I can't even look at Daryl.  Dip your head in a pond or something!  Then again, Dwight has some severe hair issues going on as well.  I'm thinking he has dry shampoo'ed his head several times to get that matted down look.   

I get the way Eugene talks is his "thang", but how they aren't constantly telling him to just shut the hell up is beyond me.  

• Love 2
On 9/27/2018 at 3:46 AM, kelslamu said:

I guess I missed the reason for two pieces of stained glass just hanging in a tree.

They were there because Rick needed a little piece of glass to give Negan that nick on his throat, sort of the way there just happened to be a thick, large writing pad at Daryl's feet in the horrid Grady arc when he needed to throw something flaming to distract the walkers.

• Love 3