Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Wrath

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

I finally finished the ep today. Seems Rick's speech (letter?) to Coral was awfully similar to what he told him after his got his eye shot out. New world, blah blah. We'll see how long that lasts.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The characters give speeches instead of having conversations with one another.  That is why the characters can't transition from one thought/belief to another properly

Yes! I've been thinking and saying that for so long. No one ever has anything that might be construed as a normal conversation between real people. Ever. People just take turns monologuing and this is not how human beings communicate, even in an apocalypse. There is no longer any way to relate to, or care about, any of the characters we see.

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I didn't think the scene at the end was about Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl being the big bads vs Rick and Michonne (not really sure why Michonne's name was dragged into that, unless it's because she never goes against Rick anymore),

Probably because Michonne forcibly held Maggie back from finishing off Negan.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes! I've been thinking and saying that for so long. No one ever has anything that might be construed as a normal conversation between real people. Ever. People just take turns monologuing and this is not how human beings communicate, even in an apocalypse. There is no longer any way to relate to, or care about, any of the characters we see.

Yeah, if this is how you have to talk in an apocalypse, should we ever experience one, I'm littering the streets with papers and cardboard boxes (as you do), then I'm out. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Anne will start a new community using shipping containers & Ikea furniture

Don't forget Nude Craft Day. I still have to wonder what she had in mind for the pics of Rick in his BVDs. I really need to know.

• Love 6
On 4/16/2018 at 10:30 AM, HighMaintenance said:

I totally forgot tonight was "finale" night for TWD.  Therefore, I only caught the last 30 minutes - sorry show, I'm just not that into you anymore.

Soooo... the Saviors got the jump on Camp Dinner Bell ... AGAIN.  "I AM everywhere!  Be vewwy afwaid!  We're comin' to get you, Barbra!"  Ah, yes that Negan monologing never gets old, does it?   Apparently, Eugene was not only manufacturing bullets, he also built more Saviors.  How is every Savior encounter a 10 to 1 ratio of baddies to Rick's guys?  Hasn't CDB killed like 500 Saviors over 2 seasons?  Not to mention thousands of windows!

Morgan is suddenly "out of here" again.  Funny how characters get to say "I just can't with you" and suddenly skip off by themselves.  C'mon, Morgan.  Either you're nuts or not.  Quit buggering off, only to join the group again and then bugger off once more.  If you're too crayzee to hang with us, then "bye Felicia!"  If you think CDB was a pain in the ass, wait til you have to listen to Madison blather on.  So, where does he go?  The dump. Mmmmkay.  So he kicks out Jadis/Anne so he can be with his feelings and thangs.  BUT... But... what about the helicopter?  Do we get to see/hear/know anything about that?  *Production handwaving intensifies*

What WAS with the random stained glass windows hanging from the tree?  And Rick's python shot through one of those windows and only managed to chip out a little piece of glass. Huh.  BTW, Rick.  Your gun only holds so many bullets...supposedly.  Oh, it was so Rick had a weapon against Negan's bat.  I'm somewhat disappointed that after Rick slashes Negan's throat, he didn't say "PSYCHE!".  BTW, how in the hell did Carl write those "eloquent" letters - hell, he only had at most a 3rd-grade education.

So, now CDB is going to imprison Negan for his crimes against humanity. Will little children get to mock him and throw rotten cantaloupes at him?  Will Alexandrians get to poke him with sticks?  Will Rick and co. have to empty his chamber pottie?  Will Negan be more like Otis the town drunk and get to let himself in and out of his cell when appropriate?  It's all too riveting!

When the camera was panning, I thought maybe they had amputated his arms and legs. Watching the communities get along is not a punishment for what he did. Having this psycho able-bodied and hatching new plans is not safe for anybody. The communities have already decided to live in peace. Rick showed mercy by accepting the truce. Mercy for Negan would be a clean shot to the brain. Why does anyone care that Negan may see the light eventually? This is bad, cliched writing 101. 

• Love 4
On 2018-04-17 at 4:30 PM, Mu Shu said:

Watching JDM fight is like watching a fight at a G.G. Allin concert.  His stance and reach is so awkward and puny.  I don’t believe this rickety old so and so could even take Eugene

Gah! You made me look up G.G. Allin because I had never heard of him before. Gross! Almost as bad as when I looked up the plot for The Human Centipede....really, JDM is not that bad. Nor is he that old. He's only 51! A veritable whippersnapper. Good thing, since he just had his second child with Hilaire Burton. We're not in Michael Douglas territory yet. I really do blame the directing of this show (as well as the writing). He really isn't that puny looking. It's just completely bizarre directorial choices.

22 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

"You don't dick-tate to us anymore! DICK-tate! Get it? Huh, do ya?"

"Cheer up, Negan. Soon you'll be a-DICK-ted to our jokes! Heh heh."

Ha ha You are my favourite PreviouslyTV poster of all time....

21 hours ago, Anela said:

I've always found that the build-up to the ending, is always better than the actual ending. At least in things like Stephen King stories/horror or scifi stories, or just showdowns. The ultimate showdown ends up being a, "That's it?" ending. 

That's what a lot of women think....but I totally agree, especially in relation to Stephen King books. I've tried reading a few and even if they have an intriguing concept, they always fall apart well before the end. It's as if he has a brilliant concept but hasn't thought ahead of how to tie it all together....and as he gets near finishing, he decides the hell with it, he'll just stick any old ending on it. I've found that in so many movies too, the villain is soooo bad and done so many bad things, but when he/she finally dies, it's as if the air has gone out of the movie and you think, is that all there is? With Negan, we didn't even get the satisfaction of thinking the end was as lame as the remainder of his story.

9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Ricky G's mercy prevails over his wrath?  Tell that to the men you butchered who were stupid enough to save your useless ass.

I was SO angry when Rick slashed Negan's throat, Negan deserved a much more gruesome death than that.  Hint, when Father Pee charged at Negan I shouted for him to stick Lucille up Negan's ass.  So, needless to say, I was LIVID that Negan was saved.  And then even MORE livid that Rick was too incompetent to even properly slash Negan's throat, being that he can still talk.

I really thought Daryl was going to kill Dwight, following in Rick's "let's murder someone who saved us" footsteps, so I was relieved when he didn't.  I spent a long time wishing for Dwight's death, but I liked his redemption story, and when he told Daryl he was ready to die, talked about what a horrible person he is, and seemed genuinely remorseful...well, I think at that point someone broke into my house and started chopping onions.  I hated that Daryl sent him away, but at least he spared him.  Now go find Sherry!  I swear if he did find her, I would have been blubbering like an idiot.

I'm glad Eugene did the double cross.  Regardless of how he behaved, I couldn't help but like him.  As someone mentioned, when Eugene was taken, nobody made the effort to save him like they did Daryl, and while at the Sanctuary Eugene was given pickles, wine, and even a little bit of respect, so I sympathized with him and saw where he was coming from. 

I didn't think the scene at the end was about Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl being the big bads vs Rick and Michonne (not really sure why Michonne's name was dragged into that, unless it's because she never goes against Rick anymore), I thought the thing they still had to do was somehow murder Negan...but then I guess a part of that would be usurping Rick's authority as a leader.  I guess I'll find out.  I may get mad at the show, but I'm in until the end.

That would have been a great and completely appropriate ending to Negan and his lame ass story. My favourite version (that I am still hoping may come to pass in next season), is that everyone but Rick and Michonne rebel and decide to take out Negan communally. Just like Murder on the Orient Express, everyone takes a whack at Negan, and we'll never know who dealt the killing blow. So Rick can't retaliate, he'd have to kill all of them. It would be great if Michonne also participated, but it looks as if she is as far gone as Rick. Her walkie call to Negan was ridiculous.

4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So now I have to wait all the way until October to see Maggie in her 16th trimester .  Anne will start a new community using shipping containers & Ikea furniture. 

Darryl may find a shower,   Gonna make for a long summer of anticipation for sure.....

Darryl may find a shower, but he certainly won't use it. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, mandolin said:

I'm littering the streets with papers and cardboard boxes (as you do), then I'm out. 

OH, right. I remember thinking, "Why are those boxes on the street? Would people automatically discard cardboard boxes and paper products during an apocalypse?" I mean, they would have to think about folding them up and taking them out on the street to dump, right? You'd think people would have more pressing tasks at hand. But then of course I realized, "Plot device!' so Daryl could throw flaming papers. They couldn't just put a little pile of paper in the exact spot where he chose to stand. "I really need some paper... Oh, look - there's some right on the ground beside me!" That would look a mite too coincidental to believe, so they needed to have it strewn everywhere for no particular reason.

1 hour ago, PreBabylonia said:

You made me look up G.G. Allin because I had never heard of him before.

I resisted looking at the first mention, but not this time, and I do deeply regret it.

1 hour ago, PreBabylonia said:

You are my favourite PreviouslyTV poster of all time..

*stares at shoes, blushes and mumbles, "Aww, shucks. Thanks."*

• Love 2

So... that's it? After two and half years of character development and having Tara begrudgingly come to trust him, the one character they actually managed to successfully redeem is forced to ride off into the sunset, never to be seen again? What the everloving fuck, show. (On the plus side, now he can finally go find Sherry and luckily never cross paths with these lunatics ever again, so... yay?)

I don't think any of us genuinely believe they would kill off Negan. Hell, I knew the fucker would live even after Rick sliced his throat. But as sure as hell wasn't expecting Rick to unilaterally make the decision of sparing him without at least consulting Maggie and Ezequiel? That was NOT his call to make and I will be 1000% behind Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl (has everybody suddenly forgot he wants him dead as much as Mags because he STILL blames himself for what happened to Glenn? He's been reaching Shane levels of frustration with Stupid Rick since the beginning of the season) if they had half a chance in hell of bringing down the Ricktatorship. Alas, this show will never have the balls to go there.

I like the pretty ex Savior. Dunno why people are pitting him against Jesus in the race for Maggie's affection since last I checked, Jesus was gay? And speaking of the gay, will Cyndie be a regular next season? Surely they wouldn't keep having Tara make eyes at her for naught?

Where was Carol???

• Love 7
9 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

Nor is he that old. He's only 51!

I'm turning the big 5-0 in July, cyber hugs to you for the "only" :)

8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

"I really need some paper... Oh, look - there's some right on the ground beside me!"

I really need something to cut Negan's throat.  Oh look, a stained glass window hanging from a tree!

@AngelaHunter, thanks for posting that Most Ridiculous Things video, I think they are hilarious!  I didn't know they were on YouTube, I always watch on Amazon, and Wrath wasn't up yet when you posted it.  Being able to laugh about the show with these videos is kinda therapeutic, it makes me forget about getting angry at certain developments.  Also, thanks to this, Rick will always be Ricky G to me :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I really need something to cut Negan's throat.  Oh look, a stained glass window hanging from a tree!

Hahahaha! I guess I should watch that scene again, but Rick, after hypnotizing Negan with his endless blethering, deliberately aimed for a non-lethal spot to cut Negan, knowing in advance it was fixable? Got some mad skillz, our Ricky G.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

thanks for posting that Most Ridiculous Things video, I think they are hilarious!

I love them, and binge-watched them all after finding the first one. For me, laughter really is the best medicine and defense in all kinds of situations. In this case the hilarious mockery almost cancels out the way fans of this show have been given a big ol' finger.

7 hours ago, Anela said:

JDM definitely doesn't look puny to me, in other roles. Not that I remember. 

No, he wasn't, not until he starved 40lbs off his frame for a role in some minor TV mini-series. Big mistake. 50 is young, but that drastic weight loss - unlike in someone much younger - badly affected his face and he looks 65 without the beard. I'm sure it did his health no good either. His girlfriend/wife needs to start force-feeding him lard or something.

• Love 3
On 4/18/2018 at 12:22 AM, Anela said:

I've always found that the build-up to the ending, is always better than the actual ending. At least in things like Stephen King stories/horror or scifi stories, or just showdowns. The ultimate showdown ends up being a, "That's it?" ending. 

Stephen King is an absolute master of building up an incredibly compelling story for about 3/4 of a book. Interesting characters, intriguing premises, really good plots, all of it. He just has a problem sticking the landings sometimes.

• Love 10

The boxes of paper were likely forts built against office doors that fell to the street when the windows broke....Or zombies killed a Staples delivery guy while the truck was in motion on an overpass and the impact scattered his cargo... 

• Love 4

Where did Carol and Ezekial get the horses they rode into the Kingdom on? Have they always had horses? Did they ride them over to the Hilltop then leave them there for the battle, then take them back to the Kingdom?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

I've been rethinking this "let Negan live" thing and have discovered that I'm good with it.   If they use him to kill Maggie, then these past 25 seasons watching him have been worth it.

Add Tara, Jesus and weepy FPP to that list (Lately I even want Daryl put on the hit list) and I might be good with it too. BUT, what will we have to endure to get there? Ricky G and the Funky Bunch going to Negan's room every day, lecturing him on the error of his ways, making speeches, reading him Coral's letters, launching into long, dreary parables and maybe even singing "Give Peace a Chance?"

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Where did Carol and Ezekial get the horses they rode into the Kingdom on?

A horse! A horse! My Kingdom for a horse! Sorry. I'm on my second liqueur.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Stephen King is an absolute master of building up an incredibly compelling story for about 3/4 of a book. Interesting characters, intriguing premises, really good plots, all of it. He just has a problem sticking the landings sometimes.

Yeah. I usually love his books, but it's something I notice with a lot of stories, not just his. :) 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I find his books, in general, too long and I love long books. A horror story like "Pet Sematary" loses its shock and the horror is diffused when it goes on too long, IMO, and there's too much repetition. "The Dark Half" is so original and interesting and truly scared me in many parts, but I swear by the end I never wanted to hear or read the sentence, "The sparrows are flying" again.

Probably that's the reason this show has gotten so dull. It's the same thing over and over. By the 4th or 5th time CDB runs into another strange/evil/sadistic/bizarre group and have to figure out how to live with/annihiliate/escape/subjugate them or whatever, it's merely "Ho hum. Here we go again. How many eps until this settlement is destroyed and the Bad Guys vanquished?" I guess to combat that, we get atrocities like people living in a garbage dump, doing crafts in the nude and speaking like they were raised with Tarzan in the forest.

• Love 6
On 4/16/2018 at 2:27 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Why the need for the big mutiny planning by Maggie? Why can't she just walk into Negan's private room and blow his brains out? What are  his protectors - Rick and Michonne - going to do? Kill her? Drive her out in the middle of nowhere and dump her? Rick doesn't think she's justified in killing ol' BigMouth? This is so fucking stupid I almost like it.

You're discussing something that could happen in the future and we still don't know how that will happen ! 

Maggie is the leather of hilltop now and Rick Alexandria, we are talking on two communities and not small group as in the past. Rick will keep Negan under his protection in cell because it obvious that many people would like to kill him. 

9 hours ago, Alexhere said:

You're discussing something that could happen in the future and we still don't know how that will happen ! 

I meant she could have done right in the ep, at the end when Rick and Michonne are playing tag-team speeches: "Your days of tyranny and opression are ended, Negan. No more will you-" and then Maggie bursts in and shoots him right in the head, turns, blows the smoke from her gun barrel and strides out, past the dumfounded Rick and Michonne, muttering, "Theer. Ah took keer of it." I might even like her if she did that.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I meant she could have done right in the ep, at the end when Rick and Michonne are playing tag-team speeches: "Your days of tyranny and opression are ended, Negan. No more will you-" and then Maggie bursts in and shoots him right in the head, turns, blows the smoke from her gun barrel and strides out, past the dumfounded Rick and Michonne, muttering, "Theer. Ah took keer of it." I might even like her if she did that.

You mean like Daryl did with Morales less than six episodes ago? Or Carol did with Lizzie? Or Rick did with the cop who was slowly walking away from him near Grady? Or Carol tried to do with the captured Wolf? Or Rick did to Jessie's husband? Or all of them did to the sleeping saviors at the outpost?

That would be totally unprecedented, uncalled for, and out of character! How dare you even suggest it?!? 

(God these writers suck.  I'd have cheered on Maggie too.  If they'd done it your way, our conflict next season could be the same break between them but it's about Maggie having defied Rick, rather than some stupid plot against him.  Again, god these writers suck.)

• Love 5
On 4/19/2018 at 2:46 AM, neptunewaves said:

I like the pretty ex Savior. Dunno why people are pitting him against Jesus in the race for Maggie's affection since last I checked, Jesus was gay?

Well I was one who speculated about the pretty ex Savior vying for Maggie's affection (I hope not because I think he can do better, even in the ZA) but I must have missed the part where Jesus said he was gay.     

4 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Well I was one who speculated about the pretty ex Savior vying for Maggie's affection (I hope not because I think he can do better, even in the ZA) but I must have missed the part where Jesus said he was gay.     

I don't think it has been said one way or another in the show. Comics is a whole 'nother ball game, but I'm not taking the comics as gospel anymore.

14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I find his books, in general, too long and I love long books. A horror story like "Pet Sematary" loses its shock and the horror is diffused when it goes on too long, IMO, and there's too much repetition. "The Dark Half" is so original and interesting and truly scared me in many parts, but I swear by the end I never wanted to hear or read the sentence, "The sparrows are flying" again.

I'm trying to figure out why I agree with you while counting "The Stand" and "Under the Dome" as two of my top three SK novels ("The Stand" is actually one of my favorite novels, period).

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

It was one of those blink and you'll miss it things that was mentioned in one of the many interminable scenes of Jesus cheerleading Maggie as the leader of Hilltop over Gregory from last season.  He was talking about having never had a real home before because he'd mostly bounced around group homes as a kid and mentioned he'd had boyfriends.  I missed it too until I saw people discussing it elsewhere on social media the next day.  This is seriously it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Right after she told Neegan - juster look a these flowers 

37 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

There is just something about Maggie that bugs me.  It is like the death of Glenn is far more important than every other person that Nagen has killed.  I just don't get that.  I don't want her to get her revenge.   I just want her to go away, but it appears that I can't have nice things.  Given her reaction at the end of this episode, it appears that she is "all in" on killing Nagen.  I just hope that with a new showrunner, that they don't go down the path of having Maggie trying to seek her revenge for an entire season.  That is, if the actress is still part of the show.  I can't handle a season, if it becomes all about Maggie.

Its probably just her 16th trimester pregnancy hormones

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, rab01 said:

Or Rick did with the cop who was slowly walking away from him near Grady? 

And the cop who was lying on the ground, hands tied, after Ricky hit him with the car. "Shut up." Ricky is all about compassion and mercy, except when he's on a killing spree and everyone else better be on board with whatever kick he's on at the moment. "Yeah, I tricked and murdered in cold blood the Savior who helped me in the bar. So? I just wanted to. Now I'm saying no one harms Negan. What??"

28 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I'm trying to figure out why I agree with you while counting "The Stand" and "Under the Dome" as two of my top three SK novels ("The Stand" is actually one of my favorite novels, period).

"Misery" is one my all-time favorites. I love Steven King and the two books I mentioned I DID love until probably the last 1/3 or 1/4 when I started saying, "Yeah, we already read all about that ("Oz, the Gweat and Tewwible" etc) many times." I didn't stop reading and did enjoy them but the pleasure fizzled a little.

25 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

and mentioned he'd had boyfriends.  I missed it too until I saw people discussing it elsewhere on social media the next day.  This is seriously it.

I don't know why that was brought up. What does it matter if anyone here is gay, straight, bi, into BDSM or pony play? No one is ever allowed to put any of it into practice anyway.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

If we're talking about the same "pretty" ex Savior, I would have thought he had eyes for Tara.  Personally I like Tara better, and it is not just because Maggie's accent is driving me nuts.  There are plenty of other reasons why Maggie annoys me.

But Tara is a lesbian, right?  So the pretty ex Savior just needs to keep on looking, lol.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I know Oceanside joined the fight against Negan, but I didn't see Aaron.  Was he there to see it happen?

Wasn't he leading the Oceanside Fireball brigade? I know I missed a lot in this ep.

15 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

So the pretty ex Savior just needs to keep on looking, lol.  

I believe he's referred to as "FacePubes" in the YT vid, "The Most Ridiculous Things... " How did he keep that jawline beard-thing so perfectly trimmed during his incarceration? But, yeah - how is he ever going to get hooked up? Find out next season!

21 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The older I get, the more I have to look up words at urban dictionary.

I thought I was pretty shockproof until I started looking up stuff. Sometimes ignorance is best.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

The older I get, the more I have to look up words at urban dictionary.  That can't be good.

Not that it matters, but I wonder if he knows she is pregnant?

If we're talking about the same "pretty" ex Savior, I would have thought he had eyes for Tara.  Personally I like Tara better, and it is not just because Maggie's accent is driving me nuts.  There are plenty of other reasons why Maggie annoys me.

Where is Negan?  Is he still at the Hilltop?

I know Oceanside joined the fight against Negan, but I didn't see Aaron.  Was he there to see it happen?

I don't think Gregory was in this episode either.  There was a statement made that he was left inside the building at the Hilltop. 

He was there, but only for a second.

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 2.04.23 PM.jpg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Tara ought to park her ass over at Oceanside to see if there are any takers.

If I were an Oceansider I'd pass, Tara's ZA girlfriends don't do so great!

• Love 6
On 2018-04-19 at 11:46 AM, AngelaHunter said:

No, he wasn't, not until he starved 40lbs off his frame for a role in some minor TV mini-series. Big mistake. 50 is young, but that drastic weight loss - unlike in someone much younger - badly affected his face and he looks 65 without the beard. I'm sure it did his health no good either. His girlfriend/wife needs to start force-feeding him lard or something.

Ahh. I did notice that he looked a lot worse, and come to think of it, he wasn't looking so hot on The Good Wife either. It's true, losing major weight at midlife can really age you. Good thing that isn't happening to me.... 

On 2018-04-19 at 2:31 PM, iMonrey said:

Where did Carol and Ezekial get the horses they rode into the Kingdom on? Have they always had horses? Did they ride them over to the Hilltop then leave them there for the battle, then take them back to the Kingdom?

I am pretty sure the horses live in the old garbage dump, in an IKEA stable. It's behind the showers, so nobody will ever find them, except for Jerry of course.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

Ahh. I did notice that he looked a lot worse, and come to think of it, he wasn't looking so hot on The Good Wife either. It's true, losing major weight at midlife can really age you. 

Because IRL we as a society associate rapid midlife weight loss with wasting sickness.

4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Because IRL we as a society associate rapid midlife weight loss with wasting sickness.

In JDM's case, he said he starved himself deliberately, eating only one can of tuna per day. I've had cats who wouldn't be satisfied with that. Many actors doing terrible things to their bodies - starv ing themselves or feeding themselves into obesity with junk food -  for "authenticity" for some movie role (Hello, Christian Bale) and I think it's a completely insane choice.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Well, possibly, but with JDM he went from an extremely attractive man that could play romantic leads with ease, into more of a character actor. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I think it's taken away some of his choices. He just doesn't look good any more.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

In JDM's case, he said he starved himself deliberately, eating only one can of tuna per day. I've had cats who wouldn't be satisfied with that. Many actors doing terrible things to their bodies - starv ing themselves or feeding themselves into obesity with junk food -  for "authenticity" for some movie role (Hello, Christian Bale) and I think it's a completely insane choice.

I found the link. Yes, it sounds terribly unhealthy. The article has two photos - before and after. Such a shocking difference! Admittedly, some years passed in between the two roles, but it does give non JDM fans a chance to see what he used to look like, and part of the reason some of us were excited when we learned of his casting on TWD.

http://www.eonline.com/de/news/659902/jeffrey-dean-morgan-lost-40-pounds-for-texas-rising-role-by-living-on-one-can-of-tuna-a-day 

• Love 3
On 4/16/2018 at 9:25 PM, GenerationX said:

I'm not convinced Dwight is gone from the show.

Maybe he will end up in Rick's camp (maybe they'll rebuild Alexandria), and that will just add more fuel for Daryl's unhappiness with Rick.

On 4/15/2018 at 11:30 PM, EllipticalAddicted said:

Well, Eugene had Negan test some before they left.   After careful deliberation, I now think that that was a bit of subterfuge on Eugene's part.

I feel I should have, but can't quite say I did, see Eugene's double-cross as way back as when he was bartering services a few episodes back for wine which is the only thing that lets him get any sleep; so that was well played, credit where credit is due.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:23 AM, ikmccall said:

Why were there stained glass panels hanging from tree branches in the middle of nowhere?

I was hoping that Rick was going to take Negan out by literally head-butting him with the whole of the stained-glass. 

On 4/16/2018 at 11:55 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

I'm not sure why the idealistic musings of a (dead) teenager should be a major influence in shaping public policy.   Would they have done whatever Coral said before he died?  Or would they say, "Thanks for your input, Sport, but now it's time for the grownups to talk."?

I would be OK with Rick pardoning and brutally exiling Negan, maybe, if the point was to show Rick as that dude who can now offer mercy, and who now thinks mercy is important and valuable in Coral's Brave New World.  

However, from a story standpoint, there's simultaneously no way it is okay to have the ending of two seasons of violence and terror, wind up with pardoning Negan and absorbing him into the community.  That's the equivalent of basically saying we had might as well not have had the past two seasons.  Especially, especially after IIRC, Negan already had the benefit of Coral's "wisdom" and was all, "Okay, yeah, that's sad.  Now... cram it Rick!  Back to business!"  Especially, especially triple dog dare that, since we've also been exposed to two whole seasons of frightening masses of humanity assuring us that they are ALL Negan and there's no way you can escape the oppressive line of them, far as the eye can see.... having the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and six hundredth Negan, basically rolling over and showing the gang their bellies, is... not convincing.

Really the only acceptable justification for Negan's being allowed to live, would be because of his having shown some sort of eleventh-hour value to the community.  I might even have accepted a ludicrous but exciting shock, if they'd, I dunno, fed to us some sort of excuse and line that Negan knew what the hovering helicopters were up to, "don't you wanna be rescued?", or basically anything that would justify slowing a juridically murderous roll in his direction.  

Maybe Gimpel thinks that if Negan can only whisper and can't yell anymore he's no threat, as I imagine it would be a little difficult to gin up a revolution if you were mute, he can't pass a chalkboard around in a circle or anything. "Would you follow me into a murderous battalion of rebels lined up to take out this Rick dick?  Check yes or no."

Lastly, I've been waiting to "see" Dwight reunited with Sherry, actually, as the actors quite sold this bleak twisted world where they had to pretend to be strangers while both whoring themselves for Negan, so there were two things I found satisfying about this episode.  Whoopee.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, queenanne said:

if the point was to show Rick as that dude who can now offer mercy, and who now thinks mercy is important and valuable in Coral's Brave New World.  

Right. He didn't have a problem showing no mercy to the Saviors in the dive bar - a few of whom actually might have had some value to the community -  the day before and they weren't the ones who battered Abe and Glenn to death, took Daryl captive and tortured him, or tried to make Rick cut Coral's arm off. Did Coral instruct him to show mercy only to Negan? And does showing mercy mean locking someone up for the rest of his life and verbally assaulting him every day? So to become a solid member of the community, he must be set free. I'm sure everyone, including Rosita, Daryl and Maggie will be fine with passing him on the street every day. "Howdy, neighbour!" Rick is placing the maudlin ramblings of a teenager over the feelings, needs and wants of everyone else.

Prisoners need a lot of care. Who the hell is going to volunteer to tend to this loathsome creature who subjugated, stole from, tortured, terrorized, coerced into sex and murdered people at will? so Rick will have to either order people to see to his meals, exercise and medical care, force them with threats, or he and Michonne will have to do it, day in and day out. Either way, there's going to be a lot of resentful, pissed-off people. The whole scenario is ridiculous and I'm going to have to watch to see just how Ricky-boy handles this.

5 hours ago, queenanne said:

as I imagine it would be a little difficult to gin up a revolution if you were mute, he can't pass a chalkboard around in a circle or anything. "Would you follow me into a murderous battalion of rebels lined up to take out this Rick dick?  Check yes or no."

Ha! What a shame there's no more email or texting. A "High Importance" email CC'd to everyone, complete with appropriate emojiis. But why shouldn't Negan be able to talk? He was cut at the base of his throat, wasn't he? That's not where the larynx is.

Yeah, I really need to get out more, instead of thinking about this stuff.

• Love 8
On 4/20/2018 at 2:03 PM, AngelaHunter said:

They have plans for Negan in future, It will be a stupid way to take rid of Negan after all the job ( sacrifices ) they did in the previous episodes :

- Killing carl and made him wrote those litters asking for peace 

- Making Simon looks like evil and Negan the good guy.

- Making Rick killed the Saviors who escaped even he gave them his word ( to show us that this is not about evil and good + making rick reads Carl's letter ).

To kill Negan at the end in the way you suggested, all previous episodes must change.

• Love 1
On 4/19/2018 at 7:21 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Add Tara, Jesus and weepy FPP to that list (Lately I even want Daryl put on the hit list) and I might be good with it too. BUT, what will we have to endure to get there? Ricky G and the Funky Bunch going to Negan's room every day, lecturing him on the error of his ways, making speeches, reading him Coral's letters, launching into long, dreary parables and maybe even singing "Give Peace a Chance?"

A horse! A horse! My Kingdom for a horse! Sorry. I'm on my second liqueur.

Liqueur?  What kind of fancy pants are you anyway?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, queenanne said:

Lastly, I've been waiting to "see" Dwight reunited with Sherry, actually, as the actors quite sold this bleak twisted world where they had to pretend to be strangers while both whoring themselves for Negan, so there were two things I found satisfying about this episode.  Whoopee.

Yes, that's the one thing I'd like to see next season, and I hope the writers agree.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Liqueur?  What kind of fancy pants are you anyway?

Well, Grand Marnier (after my dinner wine) and now Drambuie. I didn't know I liked Drambuie until someone "gifted me" a bottle. Turns out I like it and it's better than fake pickles! Hey, they're one of my few pleasures in life. Leave it alone. It's my thing.:D

• Love 4
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Right. He didn't have a problem showing no mercy to the Saviors in the dive bar - a few of whom actually might have had some value to the community -  the day before and they weren't the ones who battered Abe and Glenn to death, took Daryl captive and tortured him, or tried to make Rick cut Coral's arm off. Did Coral instruct him to show mercy only to Negan? And does showing mercy mean locking someone up for the rest of his life and verbally assaulting him every day? So to become a solid member of the community, he must be set free. I'm sure everyone, including Rosita, Daryl and Maggie will be fine with passing him on the street every day. "Howdy, neighbour!" Rick is placing the maudlin ramblings of a teenager over the feelings, needs and wants of everyone else.

Prisoners need a lot of care. Who the hell is going to volunteer to tend to this loathsome creature who subjugated, stole from, tortured, terrorized, coerced into sex and murdered people at will? so Rick will have to either order people to see to his meals, exercise and medical care, force them with threats, or he and Michonne will have to do it, day in and day out. Either way, there's going to be a lot of resentful, pissed-off people. The whole scenario is ridiculous and I'm going to have to watch to see just how Ricky-boy handles this.

Ha! What a shame there's no more email or texting. A "High Importance" email CC'd to everyone, complete with appropriate emojiis. But why shouldn't Negan be able to talk? He was cut at the base of his throat, wasn't he? That's not where the larynx is.

Yeah, I really need to get out more, instead of thinking about this stuff.

I think I was mostly assuming that nobody at Hilltop/Alexandria would tolerate Negan for more than 48 hours unless he was mute, lol.  He probably still will be able to talk. 

I have to admit I also have a prurient interest in knowing what they plan on doing next season to work around this, because Negan's never been sorry for anything he did for even an apparent millisecond before; it's hard to fathom he'll be an asset as any type of repentant person, or that the audience will want to see him as a repentant person.  Which is pretty much the problem with presenting to us an omnipotent evil who is the Baddest Baddie who ever Badded for two endless years. 

At this point I feel they're just not killing people because they know they need plot fodder, not least of which to be the seemingly improbable integration of Jadis/Anne.  Maybe she'll shake down at the end of this as Negan's girlfriend.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, queenanne said:

it's hard to fathom he'll be an asset as any type of repentant person, or that the audience will want to see him as a repentant person. 

Oh, please! Not endless hours of The Redemption of the Fonz, complete with taunting by ghosts of the people he killed and hounding by FatherPee. Speaking of FP, did he hang those stained glass windows on the trees out in the middle of nowhere?

2 hours ago, queenanne said:

Maybe she'll shake down at the end of this as Negan's girlfriend.

Lol! It did seem as though their bickering, the bondage and threats, etc. were kind of like foreplay for post-apocalyptic lovebirds. When someone suggested a spin-off with those two and a working title of the "Walking Honeymooners." I couldn't resist whipping this up. I'll spare everyone who saw it from having to look at my inane nonsense a second time:

https://i.imgur.com/toar0Wm.png

• Love 3
On 4/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, Spartan Girl said:

This season had one job. ONE JOB. And it fucked it up.

This is it for me, guys. I don't recognize any of these characters anymore. I'm done. DONE.

Peace out.

Yeah.  That was bad!  Really bad.  For a show that was once great, it’s been increasingly goofy and disjointed for a couple seasons at least.  

Honestly, I found myself rooting for Neagan.  The ending was something out of a lifetime movie.   I’m sure there’s multiple reasons, but talk about screwing up a show .

I am with you though.  I’m done.  It’s become too stupid. 

• Love 4
On 4/15/2018 at 9:20 PM, Black Knight said:

I'd be excited about Maggie and Daryl's plot to take down Rick if they weren't stupid enough to include Jesus of all people. The only possible worse choice they could have made for a co-conspirator is Michonne, Rick's girlfriend who'll never turn on him. So they're juuuuuust smart enough to know that to take down Rick they also have to take down Michonne, but not smart enough to know Jesus will never be able to go through with all this?

I figure this sets up for the near-inevitable exits of Danai and Lauren - Michonne will die saving Rick from the coup, and the attempt at a coup will end with Maggie's death (perhaps at Michonne's hand just as Michonne dies). Lauren will be free for her show and Danai will be free for Avengers, her plays, etc.

Negan, of course, will continue to live and speechify. I will not be listening. Or watching.

You are so correct.

Jesus annoyed the devil out of me.  I was so hoping he would die a vicious horrible death but it never happened.  

And yeah, I’m done too. 

I am an economist, and I am just flabbergasted and shocked producers would destroy such a golden property?   I mean when the ep ended I was just scratching my head wtf? ? 

• Love 3