Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Reiki Breaky Heart

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sadiebyuca said:

I agree completely.  She's all about the bad boy game he's playing.  She encourages him to drink too much.  She encourages him to do drugs. She loves to see him all riled up.  She didn't even try to calm him down at the SUR party.  

She encourages him to do what drugs?

2 hours ago, Jezebel97 said:

That and no Sheana! 

She was on for half a second. At Katie’s party, James asked her where her man was and she said, “not here.”  

When did they break up again?

She was on Heather mcdonald’s podcast and she said that after the Toca Madeira kissing business, he changed and was very distant.

• Love 4

For some time, I thought Brittany was just part of the game, was fully aware and dealt with the repercussions of dealing with Jax because TV and money. And while i do think there’s an element of her wanting fame and money, i also think Brittany is aware she could keep this job and lose Jax.  

After watching this season, I’ve accepted that Brittany legit wants Jax. She thinks that if they’re happy on vacation together that means that can translate to real life. She thinks if she’s the one girl that sticks with him and doesn’t let him “push her away”,  she’ll get that secret awesome Jason that she really wants to exist 24/7. She thinks that by forgiving him for cheating on her and treating her like garbage, she somehow has leverage that she can hold over him, when in actuality he feels no guilt or remorse over what he’s done. 

I fully expect at the reunion for Jax to use his father’s illness and death as an excuse for his emotional abuse and rage-filled behavior. And i fully expect Brittany to use it as well as her reasoning for forgiving him and getting back together with him. 

In the end, all i can hope is that their birth control never fails. 

• Love 24

As far as other relationships go, the only one that i could even deem as supportive and unconditional is between the Toms. They’d go to the mat for each other way faster and deeper than for either of their significant others.

And i mean that figuratively and literally.

- i don’t really feel anything about Kristen/Carter, but seeing Kristen (hilariously) hobble away was weirdly growth for a woman who tended to attackattackattack. I do find Sandoval’s overinvestment in this rumor incredibly weird. He always acts above it all regarding  the little people like Kristen and James, but here he is, really wallowing in it, putting words into James’ mouth, bringing up his history with Kristen, actually trying to use pillows as evidence. I just don’t get it. 

- Ariana has run out of vagina and sexless stories, she’s now back to her genius idea of a cocktail book from a bartender at a novelty restaurant. And, you know, maybe she’d have that book done if Tom hadn’t pushed his way to co-author, but if that book actually gets finished and published, Ariana knows having two reality stars names on this is a much better sell. I really found her whining to Lisa genuinely embarrassing. 

- Patrick certainly is a mansplainer. Not to mention a pretentious, condescending prick that practically patted Stassi on the head like a small child that amused him for a moment. He clearly likes to guide the narrative and by doing so, makes sure Stassi is in the smallest position as possible. 

- I actually felt Katie has had some kind of therapy or something because her revelation about depression and not realizing how much she couldn’t grasp anyone around her not being depressed seemed to come from a very honest place. She seemed to be genuinely emotional and thankful to feel like she was finally climbing out of that dark place. It’s just too bad Tom treated that conversation as some distracting scene playing it the background and when he did address her, it was done in such an insincere manner, not a touch of seriousness for the moment. Katie didn’t appear to be acting here, IMO, but Tom sure was and he was a bad actor at that.

- Finally, i really liked Lisa’s hair pulled back and up, 

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

As far as other relationships go, the only one that i could even deem as supportive and unconditional is between the Toms. They’d go to the mat for each other way faster and deeper than for either of their significant others.

And i mean that figuratively and literally.

- i don’t really feel anything about Kristen/Carter, but seeing Kristen (hilariously) hobble away was weirdly growth for a woman who tended to attackattackattack. I do find Sandoval’s overinvestment in this rumor incredibly weird. He always acts above it all regarding  the little people like Kristen and James, but here he is, really wallowing in it, putting words into James’ mouth, bringing up his history with Kristen, actually trying to use pillows as evidence. I just don’t get it. 

- Ariana has run out of vagina and sexless stories, she’s now back to her genius idea of a cocktail book from a bartender at a novelty restaurant. And, you know, maybe she’d have that book done if Tom hadn’t pushed his way to co-author, but if that book actually gets finished and published, Ariana knows having two reality stars names on this is a much better sell. I really found her whining to Lisa genuinely embarrassing. 

- Patrick certainly is a mansplainer. Not to mention a pretentious, condescending prick that practically patted Stassi on the head like a small child that amused him for a moment. He clearly likes to guide the narrative and by doing so, makes sure Stassi is in the smallest position as possible. 

- I actually felt Katie has had some kind of therapy or something because her revelation about depression and not realizing how much she couldn’t grasp anyone around her not being depressed seemed to come from a very honest place. She seemed to be genuinely emotional and thankful to feel like she was finally climbing out of that dark place. It’s just too bad Tom treated that conversation as some distracting scene playing it the background and when he did address her, it was done in such an insincere manner, not a touch of seriousness for the moment. Katie didn’t appear to be acting here, IMO, but Tom sure was and he was a bad actor at that.

- Finally, i really liked Lisa’s hair pulled back and up, 

What stopped her from continuing ideas, thoughts, & not waiting for Tom? This isn't like a trapeze  act; Ariana could have finished that book and decided if she  would give Tom credit later! ;-)

• Love 10

I have no more sympathy for Brittany.  She's made her choice with her eyes wide open.  I think she cares for Jax a great deal, but I think she cares for her role on the show more and if forced to choose, she'd go with the show.   I think what those two need is a communications coach more than a therapist.  They don't articulate their thoughts and feelings well and they other often misinterpret the others' comments.  It goes both ways with these two, IMO.

Stassi's boyfriend is an ass, and while far more tame than in her early years, Stassi is also an ass.  Both can be mean.   And, they have the same issues as Jax and Brittany.  They don't communicate well with each other.  Two to tango in this relationship.

I was glad to see more of Katie's back story.  It's clear she still suffers and is at least acknowledging it and feeling some light.

I was glad to see more of Kristen and Carter.  I route for Kristen and I honestly hope she didn't sleep with James.  That would be her death knell in her relationship and on the show.  One too many deceptions.

I enjoy the two Tom's.  Idiots that they are.  It's nice to see them growing up and committing to something.  I'm not a huge Lisa fan, but she picked those boys up and carried them where they are today.  They better kiss the ground that TomTom is built on - which is the same ground Lisa walks on.  I'd be so bummed if they blew it.

I think this was a turning-point for many.  Only the TomToms get a bar.  That certainly put all the others on notice of where they stand in Lisa's pecking order.  I think this is a big part of Jax's issues. 

At the end of the day, Lisa is only loyal to a small group - the two Toms, Katie and Stassi.  I don't think she cares as much about all the others as she does about this core group.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

With you on so much of your post, but Schwartz’s reaction seemed genuine to me. I just don’t think he’s great at being serious, so sometimes he looks a little shut down or he deflects with humor and/or tries to make things happier. 

On another note: Billie was sure nosing her way into ALL the conversations at the party! Sheesh! 

And Stassi seemed super genuinely upset with Patrick. Like you can see the wheels turning: “What am I doing with this guy? Is he really saying this stuff to me right now?”

• Love 15

I couldn't date someone who can't tell the difference between siracha and cholula. Not to mention how much hot sauce I want is dependent on my moods, so fuck of Patrick. And I hate Stassi.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She was on for half a second. At Katie’s party, James asked her where her man was and she said, “not here.”  

When did they break up again?

She was on Heather mcdonald’s podcast and she said that after the Toca Madeira kissing business, he changed and was very distant.

Oh I thought that was Brittany who answered “not here” at the party. Because then they panned to “sad Jax” sitting alone at home eating his feelings. 

Pretty sure Scheanna and Rob didn’t break up until after filming wrapped for the season. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The dinner scene with Katie and Tom was cute. But he could have been a little more attentive and concerned when she was sharing such intimate memories. His reactions were so casual. And when she’s telling him about choking on a salmon bone, he cuts her off to tell his choking story. 

I figured they'd had this conversation before. Multiple times. And that this was just the re-telling for cameras. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Oh I thought that was Brittany who answered “not here” at the party. Because then they panned to “sad Jax” sitting alone at home eating his feelings. 

Pretty sure Scheanna and Rob didn’t break up until after filming wrapped for the season. 

Yea, that was Brittany. She kind of laughed about it. I don't remember seeing Scheana at all. 

• Love 4

Lol. Brittany was more upset about being dumped than being cheated on. She's just one of those girls who wants the "status" of getting the bad boy to settle down. 

Oh, and all this talk about no one knowing what she's going through? Stassi knows. She dated Jax for years. Maybe listen to her?

• Love 16
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Plus, his Stark analogy was soooo dumb! Did anyone comprehend what he was getting at?

To me, he looked very meth-y during that conversation - sweaty, rapid speech, and confusing analogies...

• Love 6

Patrick is a dickswab.  And - he's not clever.  Throw in his inability to analogize Game of Thrones and you have a 3 strikes/Trifecta of douchebaggery.  Even awful Stassi deserves better.

Then there's Jax.  The only woman who truly understands him is the one he pays to pretend Reiki his sorry old ass. #SAD.  Go to Florida - they deserve the likes of you.

On the other hand, there is Katie - She's Come a Long Way, Baby.  Traumatic brain injury and facial disfigurement is something some people never move along from, so I am giving the girl a Gold Star, despite the lesser of the Two Toms.

The Two Toms?  LVP rarely makes a misstep (except in high heels), but I'd not rely on those two fools to carry a profitable business for very long.  If I had a dollar to invest, it would be on the spycam directed at the SUR back alley.  Short term only.

• Love 21

I don't buy the whole Brittany is so sweet and good. She looks like an opportunist to me. She is scared of getting dumped because then she might not have a spot on the show.

I can get Jax being pissed Scheana brought a guy to his house that she is trying to set his gf up with. If it was the other way around then the girls would've flipped their shii. However since Jax is a cheater everyone is like meh , no big deal. Payback.

TomX2 own 10% of the bar, I mean that's cool but they are making it seem like they are building this from the ground up. Seems silly, it more of an investment.  

I get Katie is all this is the best year, but didn't your husband make out with a random a few months after your marriage and get black out drunk? She has just shii go faster but it hasn't improved. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

I don't buy the whole Brittany is so sweet and good. She looks like an opportunist to me. She is scared of getting dumped because then she might not have a spot on the show.

2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Lol. Brittany was more upset about being dumped than being cheated on. She's just one of those girls who wants the "status" of getting the bad boy to settle down. 

Oh, and all this talk about no one knowing what she's going through? Stassi knows. She dated Jax for years. Maybe listen to her?

9 hours ago, Jextella said:

I have not more sympathy for Brittany.  She's made her choice with her eyes wide open.  

I agree with each of you.  I'm starting to think that Brittany is trying to "hang in there" longer than Stassi to prove that SHE loves Jax more, SHE tried harder than Stassi did, that HER relationship was better and that Jax just needed a good woman like her.  

Everyone keeps telling her that she's the best thing that's ever happened to Jax and I think it's gone to her head.....in the wrong way.

• Love 10

This show is the gift that keeps on giving!

Kristen trying to make an escape while hobbling on crutches. Kristen's blow up car dealership balloon.

Stassi imitating Schaena on helium. No Shaena!

Jax FINALLY being called out on trying to get Britt to leave him.

And Lala is the highlight of the season.

People I need gone RIGHT NOW- Patrick, Carter, Schaena, Rachel

• Love 6
Just now, sadiebyuca said:

I agree with each of you.  I'm starting to think that Brittany is trying to "hang in there" longer than Stassi to prove that SHE loves Jax more, SHE tried harder than Stassi did, that HER relationship was better and that Jax just needed a good woman like her.  

Everyone keeps telling her that she's the best thing that's ever happened to Jax and I think it's gone to her head.....in the wrong way.

Also how about Brittany going up to blonde guy and saying Hi Boyfriend.

Wtf you bf just went ape shii the night before about this whole situation.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

This show is the gift that keeps on giving!

Kristen trying to make an escape while hobbling on crutches. Kristen's blow up car dealership balloon.

Stassi imitating Schaena on helium. No Shaena!

Jax FINALLY being called out on trying to get Britt to leave him.

And Lala is the highlight of the season.

People I need gone RIGHT NOW- Patrick, Carter, Schaena, Rachel

Escape crutch Kristen and helium-voiced Stassi doing the Sheana "Rob, Rob, Rob" will never NOT be funny!

This is why I can't quit you, show.  ;-)

• Love 10
14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Kristin barely hobbling away on those crutches as an attempt to “storm out of the room” after Carter accuses her of cheating. Dying!!!

I laughed so hard. I’ve been on crutches before and hobbling away is really all you can do.

If next season is about Brittany and Jax, I’m done with this show and won’t be back. This whole season has been ridiculous. I just want to shake Brittany and ask her to get it together. Jax is a jerk who will neverrr change. And he used the classic, “you deserve better than me”, which is only ever used by assholes. He talks down to her, cheats on her, and has nothing positive to say about her and she still stayed. She could find another guy in a heartbeat...there’s nothing redeeming about Jax and his bulging eyes.

• Love 4

So, Patrick proves he is still awful, even without a man-bun.  Also, how can an amount of cholula (excuse me, sriracha) be inconsistent?  I'm still trying to figure out what he meant when he said "how is the amount of cholula on that mac and cheese consistent?"  It literally makes no sense, and you can tell he just thought he was being so clever.  Also, cholula and sriracha look nothing alike, and taste nothing alike.

• Love 14

Brittney couldn't wait to move her ass to Cali.... how did she and Jax meet? Did she move there and have her own place for a while? Don't think so, she moved right in with asshole, before getting to know him. Britt wants to be on TeeVee. I wish the "girls" would stop telling her how perfect she is. I'm not seeing it. She thinks she can mold Jax in to something we all know he will never be and I think she is still afraid that if they really break up (not fake break up), she won't be able to survive in Hollywood and more importantly the show may not need her. The alternative of moving back to Kentucky is NOT on her radar. 

• Love 7

Maybe it's just for the cameras but Jax breaking up with Brittany was probably the most mature thing he's ever done. I've said it for a while that Jax finds women who enable him. He needs people in his life that he can throw the blame on in some way to avoid taking hard looks at himself and fixing his issues. He can't grow as a person with a partner in his life because it just creates a distraction from all the hard work he needs to do on himself. Brittany is upset that he's the one that broke up with after everything he did to her. He dashed her fantasy of being the women that could tame the bad boy, turning an asshole into a prince. Some weeks I feel bad for her, and then other weeks, like this week, I don't.

The only reason Sandoval is involved in Ariana's book is because he whined about wanting to be heavily involved. Now that he's got another project, he's left it to the wayside. It's disingenuous for Sandoval to act like Ariana could have just done it herself (when in the past her attempt at doing so was met with a pouty Sandoval) but on the other hand, it seems Ariana only called him out after her conversation with LVP. For someone who claims to be so smart, why not use some common sense and tell Sandoval that you need to get things done for your book and you understand that he has growing list of priorities because of the restaurant so if he's in, he needs to get x, y and z done by this date, otherwise she's moving on without him.

I don't trust Patrick one bit. His conversation with Stassi he tried to make it seem like he had a moment of annoyance with her and Stassi was the one that turned it into this running thing of Patrick being mad at her because of Mexico. Stassi had mentioned to Katie that Patrick kept bringing it up. That's a good reason for someone to think it's a big deal if the other person keeps bringing it up. He's a condescending douchebag.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I laughed so hard. I’ve been on crutches before and hobbling away is really all you can do.

Ok, i just finished the episode and you all did not disappoint. I was crying with Kristen hobbling away! I keep cracking up now just typing this! I have to say though, Peter needs to speak up.  I think he knows this started as a wind up James joke that spiraled into stupid Tom believing something happened.

Jax is a total shit. Repeating what reiki lady stated. Grrrr. I loved watching Brittany finally lose her shit on him. 

Stassi, you are so much better than Patrick. 

Ariana is becoming a clingy bitch. "Oh this could have been my cocktail book party!" And "Oh he only talks about Tom Tom..." Move on...

Katie is becoming such a whole person.  Good for her.

Can i say I'm over girls thinking 20's are your best years.  Shees my 20's were fun, no joke, but miserable.  LOVED my 30's, 40's were a blur and 50's are turning into some excellent life! 

• Love 16
14 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Jax, you did NOT just have the temerity to tell Brittany you should break up and then get upset with her about being angry.

How did Brittany get an Uber so quickly?

Oh believe me, in Los Angeles and Bay Area you customarily do NOT have to wait long for an Uber.  I barely have time to get to my office lobby after summoning one (in Oakland) to have him double parked in front of my building.  

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

And I would have had the exact same reaction as Brittney if my boyfriend told me that he has been miserable. I would have been butt-hurt.

Yeah, he starts with "I'm miserable" and he is shocked that Brittney thinks it might have something to do with her? And then Jax gets all mad that she's making it about her?  That was some crazy going on.  He did clarify later, but unless you really are breaking up because the other person makes you miserable, maybe don't lead with "I'm miserable" (or at least expect the other person to take it badly).

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, hilaryvm said:

So, Patrick proves he is still awful, even without a man-bun.  Also, how can an amount of cholula (excuse me, sriracha) be inconsistent?  I'm still trying to figure out what he meant when he said "how is the amount of cholula on that mac and cheese consistent?"  It literally makes no sense, and you can tell he just thought he was being so clever.  Also, cholula and sriracha look nothing alike, and taste nothing alike.

Argh. I wanted to slap him upside the head for criticizing how Stassi was going to eat HER mac ‘n’ cheese. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Rob probably remembered after kissing the other woman, it’s not that he doesn’t like kissing, he just doesn’t like kissing Scheana.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Ah - you are right!  It was Brittney.

2 hours ago, janie2002 said:

TomX2 own 10% of the bar, I mean that's cool but they are making it seem like they are building this from the ground up. Seems silly, it more of an investment.  

The only reason Lisa VP brought them in at ALL is because she knows that they command a lot of money when they do appearances at other bars - like 10,000 or more an appearance.  She obviously saw that and realized that she would be able to get people into a bar if people knew that the Toms would be there.  I don't know if she is clever or evil - she figured out a way to get the Toms to pay HER to appear at the bar each night.

Restaurants are tough to run and they don't always make a profit.  It is understood that when you open a bar or restaurant, you should expect to lose money or break even for 2 years. 

Word on the street is that her restaurants are not bringing in the big bucks, so for them to get into this business, they will probably not see a profit for a few years and when they do, they will not make a lot.  But they will be working their butts off, she will be sure of that.

Ok, am I the only one who thinks Patrick is hot??  Anyone??

13 minutes ago, hilaryvm said:

Yeah, he starts with "I'm miserable" and he is shocked that Brittney thinks it might have something to do with her? And then Jax gets all mad that she's making it about her?  That was some crazy going on.  He did clarify later, but unless you really are breaking up because the other person makes you miserable, maybe don't lead with "I'm miserable" (or at least expect the other person to take it badly).

Yeah he was like, this has nothing to do with you... so she probably thought he was just venting.  Then he breaks up with her.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

Jax is a total shit. Repeating what reiki lady stated. Grrrr. I loved watching Brittany finally lose her shit on him. 

Meh. Brittany has lost her shit on Jax about a dozen times this season. Then she just takes him back. 

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Yeah he was like, this has nothing to do with you... so she probably thought he was just venting.  Then he breaks up with her.  

Jax is super inarticulate, but I think what he was trying to say is - "You've done nothing wrong. I'm really depressed and in a bad place. Because of this, I'm not able to be a good boyfriend. It would be better for both of us if we split up. You don't deserve to have to keep putting up with my shit. And I can't work on myself if I'm in a relationship."

Of course, it's probably all bullshit and he'd be banging someone else five minutes later and not bothering to work on himself at all. 

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Michichick said:

Run, Brittany! Run! 

That fucking guy. He always twists things so he's the fucking victim.

I've dealt with and left in tears "men" like him.  A sociopath to the nth degree. I'm a Kentucky girl and would love to have an hour with Brit and inform her how Kentucky girls deal with jackasses like Jackson. Don't shame us girl!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Judi Sunshine said:

"If he's going to yell at Ken and I" -- Oh, Lisa.

People, PLEASE learn to break the sentence structure down so it makes sense! "If he is going to yell at Ken" - that's ok. But "if he is going to yell at I"??? Um NO.  Use I only if it is followed by action.  Ken and I went shopping. Ken and I bathed in our millions to alleviate our boredom". You get it.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

The Two Toms?  LVP rarely makes a misstep (except in high heels), but I'd not rely on those two fools to carry a profitable business for very long.  If I had a dollar to invest, it would be on the spycam directed at the SUR back alley.  Short term only.

May I also please invest a dollar on this spy cam you speak of? And can we get a 24/7 live Internet feed? Heck, I'd invest two dollars into that!!!

• Love 3

I hate to defend Patrick (the guy is a douche) but it’s not really man-splaining when Stassi is ASKING him questions. And who doesn’t know what “clerical” means? But Patrick’s analogy was dumb, and you can tell he likes to use what he thinks are big words to impress people. He used most of them incorrectly, though, which makes it sooo much better. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, bblancobrnx said:

May I also please invest a dollar on this spy cam you speak of? And can we get a 24/7 live Internet feed? Heck, I'd invest two dollars into that!!!

I'd be watching that live feed all night, every night!  The alley neighbors are missing a HUGE opportunity if they don't have some security cameras pointed at SUR's back door.

• Love 3