Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: The Dragon

• Start Topic

Oh good, an entire episode devoted to Diaz and Laurel and WHO CARES AND WHY IS LAUREL EVEN ON THIS SHOW EVEN????

I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't make it through this. I got up to Felicity telling Curtis about the stupid of this season and then we flashed back to Diaz and I rediscovered the wonder that is the fast forward button. 

Also are we supposed to believe that Oliver is off alone somewhere and his wife doesn't even know where he is? WTAF is that, show? I thought John leaving and him "going back to basics" was stupid. But this? This was a whole new level of WTF. 

• Love 12

I don't know who was more insufferable in this episode - Diaz or Curtis...

619 (The Dragon) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

619 (The Dragon) – Felicity and Curtis start working together again on Helix Dynamics:
(Curtis enters the loft.)
Felicity: "Hey! You made it."
Curtis: "Yeah. Um, I did."
Felicity: "That's great. I'm glad you did. What's wrong?"
Curtis: "It's just been a while since we've done any Helix Dynamics stuff."
Felicity: "Yeah. Well, we've been busy."
Curtis: "We've been fighting."
Felicity: "Not you and me. I mean, our teams, yeah, but that's not an issue for me anymore."
Curtis: "Glad it's not for you, but, you know, Rene's still in the hospital. He's only now just getting out."
Felicity: "I'm sorry about our teams. I'm - I'm sorry. I'd really like Helix to work."
Curtis: "Looks like you're trying to stabilize the neuro-interface."
Felicity: "Yeah. I mean, it's just still really twitchy."
Curtis: "You know, actually, I had a thought about this. I think the serotonin interface is a result of the pathogenic reaction."

619 (The Dragon) – Ricardo Diaz tells Black Siren his plans for the Quadrant:
Diaz: “Armand's contact at the FBI.”
Black Siren: “Oh. So more waiting then.”
Diaz: “Have to get a picture of the guy - proof of life.”
Black Siren: “They tell you to fetch, you fetch. So what's next - roll over? Oh, that's right. You've already done that.”
Diaz: “You think I'm giving in to these people too much?”
Black Siren: “I don't think it. I know it.”
Diaz: “It's just business.”
Black Siren: “You're okay with all this, how that guy talked to you?”
Black Siren: “Cartier's nothing. He's a stepping stone.”
Diaz: “Long-term thinking. Remember?”
Black Siren: “Yeah, I remember. How's that working out for you?”
Diaz: “Smoke break.” (Takes photos)
Black Siren: “Fetch. Roll over. Sit. Good boy.”
Diaz: “You know that the Quadrant's the most powerful criminal organization on the continent? When I joined up with Camden James, I gained a city. When I join the Quadrant, I'm gonna have an empire.”
(Diaz puts a hand on Black Siren’s shoulder, and she gives a smirky smile.)

619 (The Dragon) – Felicity tells Curtis about Oliver going solo as a vigilante now:
Curtis: "Okay. Try it."
Felicity: "Success."
Curtis: "Yes!"
Felicity: "Pathogenic reaction's completely stabilized. Ha ha ha! Yes!"
Curtis: "Ha ha!"
Felicity: "Damn, we make a good team!"
Curtis: "Well, speaking of team -"
Felicity: "No. Don't do that. Why would you do that? We're having such a good time."
Curtis: "Well, earlier, you said the team thing wasn't an issue for you anymore."
Felicity: "Did I say that?"
Curtis: "Yeah, you did. The question is why."
Felicity: "Oliver sort of fired me. I mean, he - he's saying that he didn't, but - heh - it sure feels like he did. You know, not sort of fired. He fired me."
Curtis: "Wait, wait. I'm sorry. What happened?"
Felicity: "Long story short - Oliver had a run-in with Vertigo - the pharmaceutical, not the person - and he came out of it with this epiphany that to stop Diaz he has to 'go back to basics.'"
Curtis: "Meaning?"
Felicity: "Meaning he's a lone wolf. So, no more Team Arrow."
Curtis: "So did he also fire John?"
Felicity: "No. Uh, John left about a week before."
Curtis: "Wow! Okay. Uh, well, I'm gonna have to try not to take satisfaction out of that."
Felicity: "Try really hard."
Curtis: "Okay. So it was down to you and Oliver."
Felicity: "Mm-hmm."
Curtis: "Now it's just Oliver."
Felicity: "Yep."
Curtis: "How are you doing with all this?"
Felicity: "Oh, I'm fine."
Curtis: "You're not fine."
Felicity: "What?"

619 (The Dragon) – Diaz and Black Siren discuss their ‘philosophical’ differences:
Black Siren: "So this whole plan of yours has gotten a little complicated."
Diaz: "Anything worth wanting shouldn't be simple."
Black Siren: "Hmm. Not my philosophy. Plans are like men. It's best to avoid the complicated ones."
Diaz: "Aw, shucks. You think I'm not complicated."
Black Siren: "You do realize that the guys that you wanted to impress tonight are the same guys that just tried to kill you."
Diaz: "And I was prepared."
Black Siren: "It still doesn't explain what we're doing back here at their place when we should be on our way back to Star City."
Diaz: "Maybe that's the difference between us. When you get knocked down, you give up. I get up."
Black Siren: "I get up. I just don't get stupid, too."
Diaz: "Must be nice being pretty. You pout your lips, you bat your eyes, everybody gives you what you want. Everything I wanted I had to take."
(They enter the bar, with Diaz firing his gun.)

619 (The Dragon) – Felicity admits to Curtis that she's worried about Oliver and then hears a news announcement about the Green Arrow being seen in the Glades right before an explosion:
Curtis: "Wow! We really need to restock the fridge. Do you think soda can go bad? I should probably already know the answer to that. Felicity?"
Felicity: "Hmm."
Curtis: "Hey. Um, it's working, remember? We high-fived."
Felicity: "Yeah. Doesn't mean it can't be improved."
Curtis: "Sure. Uh, so maybe improve it tomorrow, when you've had some sleep and some food and some non-expired soda."
Felicity: "Yeah. I just want to make a couple adjustments here."
Curtis: "Because that's easier than talking about your husband?"
Felicity: "Hey. He's going back to basics. So, so am I."
Curtis: "You're the one who described it as getting fired."
Felicity: "I said, 'kind of,' and that was just shorthand. As much as I love being a part of Team Arrow - as downsized as it may have become - it was taking us away from our real work. Helix. This is where it's at."
Curtis: "And you're not worried about him?"
Felicity: "Nope. He can take care of himself, and I have been doing this for over five years."
Curtis: "Yeah. In the Bunker with computers and body cams and GPS, so you knew where he was and what he was doing. And if he was okay."
Felicity: "Curtis."
Curtis: "Yeah."
Felicity: "I thought throwing myself into work would work, but it's not working. I mean, I don't know where he is. He doesn't tell me where he is anymore. I need to know if he's okay. I'm dying here!"
Curtis (answering his cell phone): "Oh. Sorry. News alert. Shootout in the Glades. Oliver?"
(Felicity turns on the computer monitor.)
TV News Anchor (on screen): "The Green Arrow was last seen in the center of an altercation moments before the explosion overtook the area. S.C.P.D. has yet to issue a statement. We will keep you updated."

619 (The Dragon) – Diaz tells Black Siren the origin of his moniker “The Dragon”:
Black Siren: "Somehow, we moved past complicated and straight into crazy."
Diaz: "What I did to Cayden James, you think that's crazy? This is manning up."
Black Siren: "'Manning up.' I hate that phrase. Okay. Let's talk this through. If the Quadrant is as powerful as you say, who knows what kind of firepower they have in there?"
Diaz: "You're selling yourself short, kiddo. You're better than 10 men."
Black Siren: "And if there's more than 10?"
Diaz: "Trust me."
Black Siren: "While I appreciate your self-confidence, you could be overestimating your powers of persuasion by just a little bit. You might not be their favorite person in the world, considering what we've just done to the Prince of Hair Gel."
Diaz: "I said, trust me."
Black Siren: "And I would find it a whole lot easier to do so if you could just tell me why it is so important for you to be a part of this exclusive club. There are other ways you can build your empire."
Diaz: "It's not about empire building. It's about respect."
Black Siren: "Right, which you want, and you're willing to disrespect yourself in order to get it from them."
Diaz: "That's not how it is."
Black Siren: "Really? Because that's how it looks like it is. Back at that bar, you were talking about Jerry like he still haunted you."
Diaz: "Jesse. It's Jesse, and he does. Little bastard was right. I was a loser."
Black Siren: "Well, not anymore. Hey. Now you're a king. Forget about him."
Diaz: "I can't. I was afraid of Jesse for so long that all I had was my fear So I - I named that fear The Dragon."
Black Siren: "That's cute."
Diaz: "I lived with The Dragon for so long - it's all I had. But now being a part of the Quadrant, I'm gonna have something else. The type of power where I'll never be nothing again."
Black Siren: "You remind me of the guy that brought me here... to this Earth. He had so much hate inside of him. Took control over him."
Diaz: "I control The Dragon. It doesn't control me."
Diaz: "We're here. You coming or not? Glad you decided to come."
Black Siren: "Someone's got to make sure you don't get yourself killed."
Diaz: "That's why I'm glad."
Black Siren: "If the Quadrant's everything you say they are, they're gonna see this coming."
Diaz: "Maybe. Family can be blinding."

619 (The Dragon) – Felicity rushes home to find Oliver alive and well, and Oliver promises her that he will always come back:
Felicity (entering): "Oliver?" (Turns on the television)
TV News Anchor (on screen): "There are no survivors in the explosion that consumed a city block in the Glades earlier this evening. Given the power of the blast, experts say that forensics may be required to determine the fate of the Green Arrow."
Felicity (using her tablet to search for Oliver's GPS): "Please. Go!"
Oliver (entering from back room): "Hey, you."
Felicity: "Oh, my God!"
Oliver: "You okay?"
Felicity (hugging him): "Oh, my God! Oh, I saw the explosion on the news, and you were right in the middle of it."
Oliver: "Yeah. No. I fired a grappling arrow, and I flew -"
Felicity: "Yeah -"
Oliver: "Backwards right out of there. I'm fi - I'm fine."
Felicity: "Well, I'm - I'm not!"
Oliver: "Okay."
Felicity: "Worrying about you out here is - well, it's completely different from worrying about you in the Bunker."
Oliver: "Right. Because when you're in the Bunker, you feel like you can make a difference."
Felicity: "I can. I can make a difference. I can - I can deploy backup. I can do - I don't know. I can do something. Out here, I ca - I'm helpless out here."
Oliver: "You aren't helpless anywhere. Ever. But I'm not helpless either. Alright? I made a promise to that guy in there I would always come back."
Felicity: "Well, William made an excellent point when he said you coming back is not always gonna be your decision."
Oliver: "William does make excellent points. But I made the promise anyway. I'm making the same promise to you. Right here and right now. Felicity, I will always come back."
(Felicity kisses Oliver, and they hug.)

619 (The Dragon) – Diaz finds his old childhood bully and burns him alive, while Black Siren watches:
Black Siren: "I've been waiting an hour."
Diaz (to Jesse): "Get up the stairs. I know you hate waiting."
Black Siren: "Who's this?"
Diaz: "That last thing I have to take care of."
Jesse: "I've got kids. They need me. Please, please don't hurt me. Whatever you want, I can give it to you."
Diaz: "You're lucky if you got two dimes to rub together on a good day."
Jesse: "How do you know me?"
Diaz: "What? What? How do I know you? I've known you my whole life."
Jesse: "What?"
Diaz: "Laurel, meet Jesse Fredericco. Jesse, meet Laurel."
Black Siren: "I don't think people are supposed to know that Laurel's working with a crime lord."
Diaz: "'Crime lord?' 'Crime lord.' I love the sound of that. You really don't remember me? Hmm?"
Jesse: "Diaz?"
Diaz: "That is really disappointing. I thought I made a bigger impression. On your knees."
Jesse: "Unh! Agh!"
Black Siren: "Hey. What are you doing?"
Diaz: "Getting my payback." (Pours gasoline all over the kneeling and bound Jesse)
Black Siren: "I think that this is a little bit more than payback."
Diaz: "Hey. See that? I took this from the fire. I stuck my hand right in. I had blisters. I had raw, cracked skin! For weeks! Hey, Jesse. Hey. You still like fire?" (Lights cigarette ligher)
Black Siren: "Ricardo."
Diaz: "I promised myself when the time was right... that I'd get my payback, When I wasn't a loser." 
(He sets Jesse on fire, while Black Siren watches with a strange expression on her face – disgust?)

Edited by tv echo

I understand that Diaz's burning alive his childhood bully was the act that was supposed to turn Black Siren away from Diaz and start changing her from an equally evil partner to a fearful 'abuse victim,' but I never found it believable. She committed several cold-blooded murders without a blink or a qualm in this same season. For example, compare the following:

604:
Building Security Guard: “Please. I have a wife… and two little girls.”
(Black Siren murders him by snapping his neck.)

619:
Jesse: "I've got kids. They need me. Please, please don't hurt me. Whatever you want, I can give it to you."
(Diaz murders him by burning him alive.)

I also imagine that being killed by a sonic scream in the ear is quite painful.

Edited by tv echo