Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Darlene v. David

Mark's death happened a decade ago, and the Lunch Box could have gone under long before that. 

It doesn't especially bother me they don't specify how Mark died, perhaps out of respect to Glenn Quinn. But I am curious about the Lunchbox, because it was the first significant economic step up the Conners ever really had. Jackie and Roseanne ended up selling their shares to Leon and Nancy in the dreadful final "lottery" season, but I wonder if they will instead pretend it never existed. Roseanne Barr seems determined to have the Conners more or less revert to their earliest season selves, never getting by on anything better than dry walling and minimum wage jobs. 

I think I read that Sandra Bernhard is supposed to make a guest appearance (not a spoiler - I could be mistaken about that).  Maybe then they'll address the Lunchbox.

• Love 5

Darlene appears to be too permissive/lenient with Harris in this episode but I understand what she is doing. Darlene is trying to parent her kids differently than she was parented by Roseanne and Dan and that tosses a different set of problems back at her. I had a very Duggar childhood (although my father was more of a Jim Jones type than a Jim Bob) and I am trying to give my kid more freedom to think and be an individual than I was allowed. My kid is only in second grade but I can see me losing control of the situation real fast in a few years if I'm not careful. It is easy to swap one problem for another and create troubles of a new sort. Darlene has had to be a single parent for the last few years and that adds a layer of complication. Darlene is afraid Harris is about to bolt. Harris calling Darlene by her first name is Darlene allowing Harris to feel like they are equals -- sounds great -- until you try to put your foot down.

Roseanne was and is my all-time favorite show and I related to Darlene when I was young. Now seeing Darlene as a parent and me being about the same age and a parent too, I am grateful to have her (and the show) back. I am also loving Becky more this go around than I did in the past.

• Love 6

I was amazed how his body language and dopey David voice came out...agreed he looked old and his face seemed puffy around his eyes.
Which in itself was part of Deadbeat David’s character as opposed to Leonard the successful, happily married university research scientist.

Yeah, in real life that beep noise doesn't work.
It would have been funnier if Mary was able (CGI) to precisely imitate the ‘beep’.
There is also some kind of weight thing that monitors what has been on the to be processed side and the side where you're supposed to bag
Umm- Why pass the stuffany where near anything that might be weighed?  Just don’t process ‘some ‘ of the stuff in the cart at all.

I think I am developing a criminal mind in my old age.

I thought it was cute how she (Harris) kind of towered over everybody in the cake scene.
YES!!
There is a TV trope that teenage children are shorter than their parents. In real life, this is not true.

I will never forget seeing my dad (all of 5’3”) with his barely teenage grandsons, none over 15 all over 5’8” (Most are now between 5'10" and 6'3"). And one of his great grandsons is 6’5”.   

• Love 2