Type keyword(s) to search

Glam Masters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The guy making it to the final round was total BS. His work was so unprofessional. On the plus side, Laverne toned down her robot/RuPaul impression and was almost bearable. 

• Love 4

I can't help it, I love Laverne Cox.  But yes, that was some seriously robotic crap from her last week.

i honestly didn't find the competition very interesting this week.  Glamzilla was too much, and nobody else was half enough.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, oldCJ said:

On the plus side, Laverne toned down her robot/RuPaul impression and was almost bearable. 

ITA - I've seen her on other shows and in interviews so I've heard her speaking voice and her cadence a lot before this show, and I couldn't believe that she sounded like such a wannabe Robot Ru in the first episode. I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.

• Love 3

One thing I like about the first season of shows like this is that the contestants have no idea who the judges will be beforehand so we get to see them freak out when they appear.

Ha, I had to laugh when Gabriela asked, "What the hell is a beauty influencer?" Her colors were way too muddy. Because of that, I didn't get "rainbow" from her look. I also didn't like the yellow she used so much of.

Vic's humble bragging to the judges about the 15 million views her viral video got was eyeroll worthy. I laughed when Laverne said that her line work was exceptional and then we got a closeup of an uneven black line drawn on Vic's face. The day of the dead teeth was a mistake. The pastel colors she used were anemic instead of striking. I agreed with the judges about how clean she kept the colors on her eyes and blended them.

Lauren's Picasso look was a good use of color. I liked her choice of colors.

Mallory's butterfly rash inspiration was an interesting idea, but the end result was a little clownish looking because of all the red on her nose. I thought it looked better in the selfie than in person. But I agreed with the judges that she did a beautiful job blending. I think she really sold this look with the intense look in her selfie.

I didn't like Vic's flower look. It wasn't a good use of the flowers. Like Kandee said, this was using flowers as an accessory instead of creating a floral look.

Mallory's flower look was a little bit better because at least she did something with the petals and flowers (as opposed to Vic). I wish she had explained why she put that daisy next to the model's mouth.

Lauren's petal use was what you typically see with floral looks so it wasn't anything new, but it was the only one that I felt fulfilled the challenge requirements.

Vic's waterproof look was a bit lackluster to me. The colors were a bit too dark and muddy. The neck part made her model look like she'd been to a carnival face painter.

Lauren's waterproof look was much more striking. I liked that she painted the fake eyelashes yellow. They really contrasted against the red eye makeup. And smart idea to use matte lipstick as the eye makeup for a waterproof challenge.

Something I learned from go go dancers I worked with - if you don't have setting spray (or think it's too expensive), use hairspray.

I hate when the producers ask the contestants to explain why they deserve to win. No one DESERVES any of this. And then having to hear a 22 year old say that she's worked her "entire life" for this just adds insult to injury. Girl, no.

When they showed the three challenges with Lauren vs. Vic side by side, I thought I would have easily chosen Lauren as the winner but I was not surprised that the judges chose Vic. For some reason, they liked her looks.

Laverne lost the robot voice but she still sounds like she's trying too hard to do a RuPaul imitation. I want to give her a hug and tell her to relax and stop trying so hard.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Typo
  • Love 2

The thing that makes these types of competitions interesting is having some people who are phenomenally talented. So far everyone has look has been a hot mess.  I am really not impressed with any of the makeup artists that have come on. The rainbow makeup looked like what my three year old would do to mommy if I let her go wild with makeup on my face. Not one person has impressed me so far. I also am shocked by what is shown on the Instagram selfies compared to what is done on the show. Either they took hours for those looks or they are using some sort of photoshop, because no one has lived up to the before show pics.

Edited by qtpye

I was pretty excited when I saw a competition show that involves Makeup.

as the others have said up ahead,it really is annoying watching these young 22 year olds say “I deserve this,ive worked my whole life!” No you haven’t. Stop it.

also It was hard to notice the ladies makeup cause I was focused on their over Botox Lips. 

Laverne’s Voice got really annoying,all I could hear was a mixture of Rupaul & Tyra Banks. It sounded like I was watching A Drag Queen & not a trans women. 

Over-all,I love the idea of this show,Can’t wait to see more episodes.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 1

I am watching because so far, it's been a train wreck and the so-called skills on display have been shockingly bad!. WTF!? Awful makeup and Laverne's voice and delivery is utterly ridiculous. She will never be Rupaul or even a close approximation. I'm embarrassed  for her.

• Love 2

I really liked the 20s selfie challenge but I tend to like when artists have to know references to specific styles and eras (whether it's makeup or fashion).

Alexndra's smoky eye was less smoky and more a light wash of navy blue over her eyelid with a gold highlight. I really liked the gold highlights but for me that wasn't a smoky eye (I should add that some makeup brands are not pigmented enough for POC so I'm not sure if it was her application or the makeup they were given that was the problem). It looked a lot better in the selfie so maybe they just have terrible lighting on the show. I also thought her eyebrows were too thick. Her lip color was really pretty.

The biggest problem I had with Beeta's look was that her foundation was way too light. She looked like a ghost or a clown. Her look was more 20s inspired than 20s, if that makes sense. The best thing was the shape of her lips. Other than that, I thought the rest was too modern and non-20s. If I saw her selfie without the hair thing, I would not think that this was supposed to be a 20s look. Her brows and eye makeup just look like regular makeup that you would see today. I agreed with Zanna that the lashes were too thick and fluffy. Choosing spidery lashes would have been more 20s. I felt like there was no creativity and there was definitely not enough 20s in her look.

Alexx had some good elements from the 20s but his overall look ended up being more theatrical (think the MC from Cabaret) than 20s. When he said he didn't want his eyebrows to be perfect, I thought, ugh, he's already making excuses. Then I saw the finished eyebrows and I was like dude, there's imperfect and then there is an obviously shaky line. He should have redone his left eyebrow. He also made his eyebrows too short and instead of making them arched, they were just diagonal so he ended up looking like an angry devil instead of a 20s girl. His lower lashes looked great though. I agreed with Zanna about seeing the Galliano influence in his look.

I really liked Deedee's 20s look. She had all the elements (thin eyebrows, lower lashes) but she added a modern twist with the purple glittery lips. The one thing I didn't like was that her foundation was too yellow for her face. I'm not sure if that was her fault or if the makeup they were given didn't have good shades for POC. She was smart to cover her real eyebrows and draw on those thin arched brows hich were very 20s. Her selfie was great.

I know a lot of people find the 80s tacky but it was a great era for the second challenge. Lots of color! It also gave the makeup artists so much freedom to be creative. I ended up liking all three looks because they were so colorful and crazy.

Alexandra's was really bold. I loved the bright red, yellow, and blue stripes across the model's face that continued up through her hair. I also loved the dark bold eyebrows and lashes she drew on her model.

Deede's pale rainbow was similar but it was softer and blended beautifully, giving a totally different look. The thing I noticed in the close up shot was that the black line under the modle's lip was a little shaky. I thought it was unnecessary too. I agreed with the guest judge that the model's foundation was a little unevenly colored.

Alexx's was so bright. He chose some great 80s colors. That neon yellow was so 80s! Loved that glittery blue liner. I thought of the three, his colors were the most 80s.

I usually don't like futuristic challenges because they often end up with a lot of silver Judy Jetson looks. Normally I'm not a fan of things like Mario's mystery box but the stuff in this box was pretty usable. I just wish there had been fewer elements that had to be used. Grommets, cellophane, prism tape, metal scrub pads, good lord.

I liked the bronze skin that Alexandra gave her model. The eye makeup was really beautiful.

Alexx's look was like the exact opposite of Alexandra's. So minimalist and alien. What I liked the best was how minimally he used the required crap in Mario's box. It looked very editorial but I think there was more that he could have done.

Honestly, I would have been fine with either Alexxandra or Alex winning (unlike other episodes where I was like wait why did the judges choose that person?).

The highlight of the show for me was Lisa Eldridge, although I kind of felt she was out of her element there.  I follow her YT videos and she is definitely into a more classic polished look than what this show is all about.

I watched most of the first episode. I've heard the name Laverne Cox, but this is my first time seeing and hearing her. I find her whole affect to be unnatural, distracting and out of place. The pauses in her speech and the way she poses and postures for dramatic effect just seem silly. Is she like that all of the time? Extra can be entertaining, but it can also be annoying. She checks column B. I found myself fast forwarding every time she opened her mouth.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

The show forum wasn't created until after the first two episodes had aired so I kind of want to go back and rewatch them to see who the hell competed. Normally I'd say it's a problem that I can't remember who won/competed in those episodes but I think that having four new contestants every week means that they're all going to be forgettable until we get to the semi-finals and we get to see the same people a few times.

One thing I definitely remember from watching the first episode was how much I hated the show's catchphrase. "Your glam has not been mastered"? It's like they didn't even try.

• Love 2

Oh, Julia, I can't tell if you're delusional or spoiled, but no, "if you believe you can do it, you can literally do anything" is not true. If you are 5'2" and 100 pounds soaking wet, you will probably never be a professional football or basketball player no matter how much you believe in yourself. You need talent AND hard work, not just believing in yourself.

La Demi gave herself a beautifully bronze and glowing face, but I didn't like the red dots which were more of a tribal look.

Jessie's look was straight up face painting at a kiddie party. I had to laugh when she told the judges that she was going for a natural look that Kim Kardashian could wear on the street. HA!

ACTUALLY, I think that Julia said the word "actually" a hundred times in her 60 second monologue to the judges. When she was splattering colors on her face, I knew that it wouldn't show up well. The dots were way too tiny.

Miguel's glittery freckle look was pretty and not too in your face, but at the same time it reminded me of the 90s rave look (glitter everywhere!). I agreed with Zanna when she pointed out how shitty the background of his selfie was. That's like Selfie 101!

On a related note, I always wonder why people take pictures of themselves in their seats at events. You're at a baseball game so why are you taking a picture that just shows the row of seats behind you? Turn around so the baseball field is behind you! I see this at the theater all the time too. Dude, you paid a shitload to get those Hamilton tickets, so why are you taking a selfie that only shows your face and the people sitting behind you? Based on that photo, you could be at the movie theater.

Wow, those superhero looks SUCKED.

La Demi's blue glitter cat eye looked more like a college girl going to a frat party.

Julia's pink, yellow, and orange eye shadow looked like an 80s look. I couldn't believe that she was even considering that butterfly on her model's face. Girl, you just saw someone get eliminated for doing carnival face painting. THINK. Luckily she finally realized that was a mistake and wiped it off.

Miguel's dark glittery cat eye was better than La Demi's but the rest of her face was so plain.

I loved the final challenge. A lot of beauty is focused on 20 something women who have dewy, firm skin, leaving out older women. It's not that difficult to make a young woman with smooth skin and no wrinkles look good. But making an older woman look  youthful is definitely more challenging. Julia had a huge advantage since she does mother of the bride makeup all the time, and she did a really good job. La Demi did too. Both of their models looked great.

• Love 3

To be honest, I didn't think any of the looks in the selfie challenge qualified as smokey eye, but okay.

I liked Ryan doing different looks on each eye. He used the opportunity to give the judges two different looks.

Jennifer's green and gold look was not executed well. I couldn't believe she took a selfie with her eyes closed because it just drew even more attention to the fact that she did not apply her eyelashes or the rhinestone strips very well. The outer edge of the rhinestone stripe on her left eye was curled around and stuck to the top of her lashes. WTF? And the inner edge on the same eye wasn't applied properly. That is like makeup 101, girl. It's such a noticeable thing that if you don't get it right, you need to do it again. To me, crooked eyelashes are as bad as crooked lip liner. There's just no excuse for such a glaring mistake. I did feel bad for her about the foundation color. I noticed this in an earlier episode. If you aren't familiar with the makeup line and they don't have a good match for your skin, you're kind of fucked, especially with such a time constraint.

Stephanie's melting/crying glitter look was really beautiful. She used a lot of colors without looking like a crayon box. The drips looked organic, rather than staged, and it didn't look messy.

Stella's look was too messy and crafty for my taste. Between the netting and all the butterflies, there was already too much going on before I even got to the actual makeup.

Oooh, loved the gems/jewels/crystals/bedazzled challenge but one hour? It takes FOREVER to place all of those precisely. I wish they had given the contestants two hours to completely this challenge.

Brian's look was pretty, especially the gorgeous eye makeup. The yellow popped on her skin and it was perfectly applied. I wasn't as impressed as the judges were with the squiggly wavy eyebrows and sequin blush but it was definitely a high fashion runway look.

Stella was smart to add jewels to the model's ears and hands. As she said, that elevated it to more of a runway look. I didn't love her sapphire look, but she managed to apply a lot of jewels in an hour so she definitely gets credit for that. The ones she used on the model's eyes were just okay in terms of design.

Stephanie's gold and crystal look was really beautiful. The model looked like glittery and delicate. I liked that she used the smallest crystals because applying those is more challenging than using those big chunky stones. I thought she listened to the instructions for this challenge, which was to create a high fashion look, NOT a festival look. I liked that she used restraint instead of throwing as many jewels on her model's face as possible.

Yay, another twin challenge! I love twin challenges because you get to see just how different you can make two people look with just makeup.

Brian's twin was great wedding makeup because she looked like a more glamorous but still natural version of herself. Stephanie's was more red carpet, which is a bit more dramatic. I understand that some of the judges thought Stephanie's eye makeup was a little to heavy but to me, a glamorous red carpet look is closer to an evening look so for that reason I thought Stephanie's heavier eye makeup would photograph well on a red carpet. I liked both looks and thought they were both good for the challenge. It was obvious that the judges liked Brian's looks more consistently throughout the challenges so I was not at all surprised that he won.

• Love 2

FINALLY we're done with the preliminary competition! To be honest, I recognized everyone but I couldn't remember the makeup they'd done or if I liked/loathed them in theirp previous episodes so everyone got started this week with a clean slate.

Normally I prefer when everyone has the same assignment, but I liked the very specific assignments that the judges gave to each contestant in the selfie challenge.

Julia's bold runway assignment was a little too theatrical. It kind of looked like an artsier version of what someone would put on the Scarecrow in a high school production of The Wizard of Oz.

Alexx, on the other hand, was actually assigned a theatrical look and he did produce a very Cirque du Soleil makeup with the bold colors and graphic shapes. I wish it had been bolder though. It seemed a little simplistic and safe. His brows were very sharp and theatrical though.

Vic's high fashion look definitely looked editorial. I didn't love the reddish color she used on her eyes, but it was a contrast with the gold brows.

Bryan's editorial look looked like something from Planet of the Apes. Between the purple face, the heart shape, the black around the outside, and the wig, it looked more costume than editorial.

After all the other crazy makeup we saw, Argenis looked so subtle. I mostly liked his red carpet look but I hated the lip color he used. That wasn't even nude, which would have been close to a natural lip color. He used a flesh color that was similar to his skin tone so it looked like he had no lips. The blush was a bit too much. The eye makeup and lashes were very glam though.

Glamzilla's crazy story about her dewy look was interesting. I thought the gloss took the look from dewy to shiny. Dewy is a subtle glow. What she had was gloppy, shiny, and sweaty. Fun fact: Jewel's look inspired the dewy look of the late 90s/early 00s but when asked how he achieved it, Kevyn Aucoin said that he did almost nothing because that's what her skin really looks like.

I thought Bryan or Glamzilla would be sent home because both failed at their assignments. I guessed that it would be Bryan because his concept and execution were both off.

Ooh, I was really excited about the illusion challenge. Stuff like that is why I love watching Skin Wars. One hour didn't seem like enough to achieve a really good optical illusion so I was curious to see what they would be able to create.

Julia's distorted broken glass look was interesting. Moving the eyebrows and lips was a good idea.

Argenis' puzzle piece/pumpkin carving look was confusing to me. What was the illusion supposed to be? I agree with whichever judge said that he did a really good job blacking out certain areas, so good job there, but the overall impression this left me with was that I was supposed to be looking at something but it wasn't clear to me what that was.

I understand that Glamzilla was freaking out, but saying that her career was over if she messed up this challenge made no sense to me. There have been 24 contestants this season. Only one person will win. That doesn't mean that the other 23 will be permanently banned from Instagram and the makeup industry. You can just go back to doing whatever it is you were doing before this show came alone. No need to be so melodramatic! I didn't think her melting look was that impressive while she was working on it (and I was sure the judges would ask how she spent an entire hour on that look) but it looked great in the photo.

Alexx created a really beautiful blue genie and he did a good job fulfilling the challenge. As simple as painting her neck black was, her head did appear to be floating.

Vic's illusion was not very convincing at all. It reminded me of Argenis' in that I know I'm supposed to be looking at...something, but I'm not sure what. It looked like a mask with three stripes across her face. It didn't look like we were looking at the inside of her face at all. But I really appreciated when she discussed the technical aspects of her makeup with where the light is coming from to give depth.

I was not surprised that Glamzilla was eliminated. Honestly, she was lucky that Bryan did worse than she did in the first round so she really needed to kick ass in the second challenge and she didn't.

I was afraid that the graffiti challenge would end up looking similar to the 80s challenge and the freckle challenge that we saw in previous episodes and sure enough, that's kind of what we got.

Alexx's paint splatter look was pretty but you had to get pretty close up to see it. I think it would have had more impact if he had painted part of his model's face black and done the paint splatters on that so the colors would show up more vividly.

Vic is really into the wild eyebrows. Luckily for her, the judges didn't mind her doing the same eyebrow look that she just did in the first challenge so I knew she would be safe.

Argenis had a graffiti inspired look that was bordering on birthday party face painting. The colors

Julia chose good colors. I thought it was funny that Zanna said it looked so fresh, modern, and editorial because I know that Zanna was alive in the 80s when looks like this were used in commercial makeup ads in teen magazines.

Normally I think it's nice when the judges don't eliminate anyone before the finale but ehhhh.

• Love 2

Pretty deserted on this board....

I like seeing interesting and beautiful makeup applications so I was looking forward to this show, but I have to say I've been mostly underwhelmed. :'/

On 4/12/2018 at 4:29 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Glamzilla's crazy story about her dewy look was interesting. I thought the gloss took the look from dewy to shiny. Dewy is a subtle glow. What she had was gloppy, shiny, and sweaty.

I agree - her look didn't say "dewy" to me at all - I thought the eyes were too bold and dark and all that gloss was just yuck! When I hear "dewy" I think of something much lighter, natural, and fresh looking.

Ooh, I was really excited about the illusion challenge. Stuff like that is why I love watching Skin Wars. One hour didn't seem like enough to achieve a really good optical illusion so I was curious to see what they would be able to create.

Those examples they showed to introduce the illusion challenge were so incredible! Too bad none of the contestants' results came close. The broken glass look was the only one I really liked. I don't know if it was my TV or the angle or the background behind the model, but I couldn't really see what the judges were raving about with the Genie look. I just couldn't really see the illusion effect that well - it just looked like a blue face and a neck painted black to me, lol!

But as you mentioned, 1 hour just wasn't nearly enough time to create a great illusion. In fact, time has been my biggest gripe throughout the whole series of episodes. I just don't think 1 hour is enough time to create a really impressive makeup look for any of the challenges, especially if the contestants don't know what look they'll be creating ahead of time ( I don't know if they're told anything about the challenge parameters ahead of time or not.). I wish they would give them 2 hours per challenge. Instead, with 1 hour I feel like we get a lot of unfinished, underwhelming, sometimes hastily applied looking applications. I sometimes wonder how the judges can keep from looking disappointed when they're presented with the looks! I like a lot of the Instagram and other photos they show when they introduce the contestants, so I know many of them are talented and could create really nice makeups with more time!

I understand that Glamzilla was freaking out, but saying that her career was over if she messed up this challenge made no sense to me. There have been 24 contestants this season. Only one person will win. That doesn't mean that the other 23 will be permanently banned from Instagram and the makeup industry. You can just go back to doing whatever it is you were doing before this show came alone. No need to be so melodramatic! I didn't think her melting look was that impressive while she was working on it (and I was sure the judges would ask how she spent an entire hour on that look) but it looked great in the photo.

Ugh, I couldn't take her meltdown! She had to have known she would be the one eliminated in that round!

I'm fine with the 4 contestants who are left and I'm not really rooting for anyone in particular. I hope they're given more time to create really great looks in the finale.

• Love 4

I watched the show too-I enjoy creative type shows. I was kind of disappointed overall. Laverne came across as cold and kind of mean which doesn''t match her usual personality. Zanna had horrible looking hair last night, and honestly seeing all of the judges crying looked so unprofessional. Most of the artists featured were good with the exception of Glamzilla who I couldn't stand. I think the problem is that most of these people only do self makeup at home and have little experience in things like runway, red carpet etc. The judges also seemed to favor messy in your face looks over more subtle and beautiful designs. I love artsy shows but not sure this is for me.

• Love 4

Just watched the finale. I liked the final two, Argenis and Alexx, and I was happy with Argenis being the winner. Especially after looking back over all of the makeup looks he created. I think he had some of the most striking and nicely done applications throughout the competition. I really loved his comic book makeup and the one final look he did with the splashes of bright color around the eyes and the blue lips.

I still wish they had been given more time for all of the finale challenges. At least they got 90 minutes for the very last challenge!

It was also nice to see Michael Costello as a special guest judge. I'm really happy for all of the success Costello has had since his rather rough initial season on Project Runway (success is the best revenge!). And it was nice to see Alexx win that challenge.

• Love 1

I swear I kept drifting off to sleep and having to rewind my DVR several times to get through this “finale.”  Laverne is a horrible host, and I don’t know who convinced her (or why she believed) that her pretentious, robotic, odd sentence pauses, and over the top strutting, posing, and general demeanor was a good look for her.  I don’t remember ever seeing her that way before, and I hope I never see her on my screen again.  She made the whole thing nearly unwatchable for me.  I will watch nearly every creative competition show there is, but if she comes back as host you can count me out.  

FWIW, the time constraints were ridiculous, and Zanna and Laverne’s makeup often looked hideous to me; so much of it seemed to be troweled on.  I guess this is the makeup of the future.  Don’t use makeup to enhance your features—spackle it on to literally create a completely different face, with wild colors and bizarre eyebrows to finish it off.  It actually reminds me of the Capitol residents in The Hunger Games.  Reality meets fiction.

In spite of all of the colors, pigments, metallics, foils, fake lashes and embellishments, I didn’t feel inspired by the finale. I felt grumpy and underwhelmed.

• Love 2

I watched this whole series and was underwhelmed. The only one I was familiar with was Kandee Johnson and I was happy to see Lisa Eldridge as a judge one night but she was like "WTF? Get me OUT of here."

Laverne Cox was terrible as the hostess. Usually, on competition shows, the host doesn't weigh in on the judges' decision making. As far as I know, LC isn't a makeup expert.  I cringed every time she said, "wiped from the competition," "your glam has NOT been mastered," or "live a beautiful life."

I guess that I expected Kim Kardashian WEST to come out at the very end of the finale to at least meet/congratulate the winner ...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

I guess that I expected Kim Kardashian WEST to come out at the very end of the finale to at least meet/congratulate the winner ...

I really thought she was going to at least be a guest judge at the final competition after all the name dropping the entire season. Wasn’t she an executive producer or something on the show as well?

• Love 1

I am guessing this and America's Next Beauty Star is going to be the nail in the coffin for styling/makeup type shows. Neither was interesting in that the results were boring and sloppy. If you want a good show about special effects make up (not beauty makeup) watch Face Off.

• Love 3
On 4/20/2018 at 12:43 AM, LoveIsJoy said:

I swear I kept drifting off to sleep and having to rewind my DVR several times to get through this “finale.”  Laverne is a horrible host, and I don’t know who convinced her (or why she believed) that her pretentious, robotic, odd sentence pauses, and over the top strutting, posing, and general demeanor was a good look for her.  I don’t remember ever seeing her that way before, and I hope I never see her on my screen again.  She made the whole thing nearly unwatchable for me.  I will watch nearly every creative competition show there is, but if she comes back as host you can count me out.  

LaVerne Cox was so dragtastic she made RuPaul look like Queen Elizabeth. Why? I generally like her but I agree she was a terrible host. None of the contestants touched me at all, either. Why do they all talk like they're sedated? And the vocal fry! It was such a chore to listen to them speak.

I, too, am a fan of all creative-type shows. But there has to be someone out there who can produce one that's engaging and fun to watch, doesn't there? This was terrible. Beauty Star was terrible. Even Shear Genius, which gave us Tabatha, was pretty bad.

• Love 3

I think one of the problems was you didn't get to know any of the contestants. They got a few sound bites and then were wiped. Most of these shows have continuity from week to week and you begin to root for, or against, different contestants. I am not surprised Kim KW didn't show, it was filmed in Canada. I wonder why not NYC or LA.  I doubt this show will return.

• Love 1

Enjoyed the competition of Glam Masters...BUT  it was quite obvious that KKW wanted Americans to win.  The last program judges quickly got rid of the two Canadian girls so the Americans could, as usual., be the winners.  KKW probably had the competition RIGGED from the beginning.  I would not appear on the Glam Masters if I was a Canadian because you will never win!!

The Netflix version of this show, "Glow Up" was such a mess that I couldn't even make it through 3 episodes. I appreciate that this show is more transparent about being about internet makeup artists/influencers/beauty gurus instead of working professional makeup artists. I'm not saying they have no talent but it's a different skill set working on runway shows, magazine shoots, red carpet, and film/TV shoots and working at MAC or making youtube videos and instagram posts. Even working on film/TV is different from runway. I wouldn't expect someone to do it all unless they were trained to because it's completely different styles of makeup.

Is there a show Zanna Roberts won't try to be a part of? Girl... smh

Kandee seems like a sweetheart but I stopped watching her channel years ago. I don't think she has the skills to keep up with influencer-style makeup. Other youtubers are capable of much more polished looks. 

S1E1: The execution of Taylor's look was pretty average. Not a fail but it didn't feel professional. It still felt like an amateur trying something out. I didn't love the idea of the look either. The colors all went together but there was nothing special about the concept.

Solange's look was pretty rough. If you're going to do something that simple, it needs to be perfect. 

Robin's was a hot mess. I appreciate the use of pink but it was looking busted.

I think Argenis' look had the most polish but it was also very bland. I did not get the concept or the colors. And it didn't feel Instagram-y enough. It was very soft. Too natural. Where's the contouring? Where's the cut crease? I'm not saying it's always necessary but for a warrior, it could have been more Instagram baddie than baby's first smokey eye.

These makeup artists are incompetent. Using gloss and moisturizer to stick on gold leaf??? Why not eyelash glue?

Those three looks for the 7 Deadly Sins were so rough... I can't even. None of them are showing any makeup artist polish. The eyeshadow was so sheer, so muddy... This is basic stuff.

Those doll eyes looked like they were painted by children. I guess you could argue that they looked doll-like but there are definitely makeup artists who can draw more realistic eyes. 

trying to start watching this but I'm not sure I can. Laverne is BAD.  Does she get better?

OK I'm only 2 episodes in and I think these judges are on crack. Glamzilla is messy as heck but other people get cut for being uneven and messy. should not have won. They just like her because she's so extra. Both of the finalists in episode 2 were awful and messy. 

Edited by heckkitty