Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Co-Parent Trap

• Start Topic

I really cannot with Danae.  What is his purpose? Does he just want a baby and figure this is the way to get one?  Does he want tv time? He seems to be a genuine asshole but I cannot tell if he genuinely gives a shit about Brianna.

• Love 19
33 minutes ago, what said:

Lexi is so flat! I want her to muster up the energy to do SOMETHING but she seems so dull. I wonder if she has some kind of depression. 

I think she's just dim.  Somethings not working right upstairs on her.  And her mom isn't much better, she seems kind of fame whorish. 

• Love 14

Did Danae walk in the house and PICK UP A SLEEPING BABY? I wanted to slap him for that and for demanding that Brianna do his laundry. 

WTF is up with the crazy spelled names? Izaiah with a Z and Kloie with a K? Why are they punishing their children with bizarrely spelled names? 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I think she's just dim.  Somethings not working right upstairs on her.  And her mom isn't much better, she seems kind of fame whorish. 

I think the mom is just praying that this Teen Mom stuff works out so that she isn't supporting loser Lexi, loser Kyler and their offspring for the next 20 years.

• Love 15

OMG everything you've all said is so, so true and I thought the same thing when he picked up sleeping Braeson AND wanted slap him with his laundry crap. What an asshole. He acts like that baby is a doll. And truth be told, he's never going to look at any child and see his DNA unless he has his own, which luckily for him is probably still an option. Brianna keeps it more real than most of those girls, and looks like she's two more blow-ups away from telling him to fuck off.

I fast-forwarded through most of this crap, but Jade's boyfriend gets on my nerves, too.

• Love 7

Danae certainly is an abusive prick. I like Briana though. I still don't get why they even considered putting Danae on the birth certificate? Wouldn't that be fraud?

Jade's boyfriend seems a little slow but sweet. However I would be flipping tables if my baby daddy quit/got fired and spent his days playing video games instead of looking for another job. And if i were HIM, I'd be freaking out at her parents sleeping in my home/in my bed.

I'm over Kayla's story. I honestly think she is never going to go to college. Her baby daddy currently holds the title for shittiest sperm donor of this show, in my opinion.

Bar and Ashley seem alright to me, and I like the drama they bring to the table. I too have a crazy ass MIL and understand the stress and annoyance that comes with that once you have a baby and they try to make it about them. Someone on here said that Bar's mom is basically Amber Portwood from teen mom OG in a few years and I think that is accurate. 

Lexie and that fat guy she is with seem ok to me. I have a soft spot for her because I live in the same state, have driven through her small town a few times on my way to cooler places and imagine it would be boring to grow up there. It's kind of remote. It seems to be a given that she will be a good, attentive mom. I feel bad for her because that guy is probably her first love, ugh being a teenager is the worst. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, what said:

Lexi is so flat! I want her to muster up the energy to do SOMETHING but she seems so dull. I wonder if she has some kind of depression. 

I hope this doesn't make me sound like some kind of pervert, but I've been trying to imagine those two having sex.  Back in my day, there wasn't a lot of high school sex going on, so I don't know what it's "supposed" to be like, but I figure they're young, with hormones raging, and it must be really something.  But with those two, it seems like it would be desultory at best. 

I sure hope not because if you're going to ruin your life with a baby, I would hope the lead-in was really really worth it.

• Love 16

I detest Jade. If she has an issue with Sean, why not bring it up with him? Why rush and call her drug addled mother and whine about it? Ask him, like an adult! Every time she speaks to him she's antagonistic. And storming off while throwing "and I'm taking my baby with me" made me see red. Its his baby too, not a stick you can poke Sean with solely to cause him pain. Sean's no brain surgeon but he appears to love Jade and their baby. 

And really? the poor guy has to wake up and find his girlfriend's druggie parents passed out in his apartment? Team Sean. Jade's a heartless bitch. 

Denae is gas lighting the shit out of Brianna, her mother needs to step in. He needs to go.

Lexi, still dumb as a rock. Kyler, still as engaging and charming as a bowl of soggy cornflakes. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I'm seriously wondering how they live in such a nice, upscale neighborhood. Mom is obviously not a neurosurgeon, and Dad doesn't appear to be around. They seem the best off materially! Maybe they got the house in a divorce from a smart man with a good job. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I detest Jade. If she has an issue with Sean, why not bring it up with him? Why rush and call her drug addled mother and whine about it? Ask him, like an adult! Every time she speaks to him she's antagonistic. And storming off while throwing "and I'm taking my baby with me" made me see red. Its his baby too, not a stick you can poke Sean with solely to cause him pain. Sean's no brain surgeon but he appears to love Jade and their baby. 

And really? the poor guy has to wake up and find his girlfriend's druggie parents passed out in his apartment? Team Sean. Jade's a heartless bitch. 

Denae is gas lighting the shit out of Brianna, her mother needs to step in. He needs to go.

Lexi, still dumb as a rock. Kyler, still as engaging and charming as a bowl of soggy cornflakes. 

Yes about Jade. She's awful. 

Botfriend works his tail off so you can live and not return to work right away: unhappy

boyfriend leaves job to help you with the baby: unhappy

boyfriend helps you with the baby: unhappy

boyfriend suggests daycare for the baby since you are unhappy at home: unhappy

basically- she is unhappy because the baby takes attention away from her and she is a selfish, manipulative, and entitled person. 

• Love 6

All the boyfriends are losers.  MTV is depicting what truly happens to most teen moms, they dream of playing house when more often than not, the guys aren’t involved.  The girls are foolish dreamers and the guys are assholes plain and simple.

• Love 14

The only person on this show that I have any like for is Sean. Here is a guy that works (or worked) 60 hours a week to provide for Jade and the baby. Is it really that difficult to give him an hour at night to decompress and play video games. I hate when video games are the sticking point in relationships because it's such an overused complaint and makes video gaming seem like a stupid, juvenile activity. Newsflash: I grew up in the Atari 2600 days and love video games. I have nearly every recent system and while I don't spend hours daily playing games, if I get a new game then yes, I'll spend a decent amount of time playing for the first day or two because it's what I enjoy. Thankfully for me, I had an awesome spouse who had his own hobbies that I never threw a fit over. I was happy to see him enjoy something and never felt "left out" or whatever and he the same. These times away from each other with hobbies made our together time even better I think. We did lots together but had our separate things too. If he was attached to my hip 24/7 I think I would have lost my mind!

If Sean came home from work every day and picked up a comic book, crossword book, Sodoku, pick whatever you want and had his face in it for six hours, Jade would be just as pissed. Why can't they come to some type of agreement that when he gets home from work, they have their dinner, and then he gets an hour or to play and chill and then he will watch the baby while Jade takes a long bath, watches TV, or does whatever it is that she likes to do? I don't see that working though because Jade seems to want everything flowing in her direction and nothing flowing in his. If you want to at least try to maintain a good relationship, try to accommodate everyone's needs and wants as best you can and that will help keep the anger and resentment down. Sheesh. 

Danae needs to get off my TV. "Do my laundry." Fuck you. Nice to see Brianna with a backbone and going right back at her. I am not surprised that something that went down there that required police intervention. Danae is seething with anger under the surface and I was waiting for her to snap. I guess we'll see next week if they kiss and make up. Brianna needs to get out of this unhealthy relationship stat.

Never had kids and zero experience with babies: Are people freaking out about picking up a sleeping baby because that will likely wake them and it takes forever to get them to sleep?

• Love 8

Danae is honestly the worst person on this show. He compares how Brianna is acting to domestic violence?? Get out of here and go do your own laundry. 

I wish Jade would just chill out. She doesn’t realize how good she has it. A few days after having a baby is not the time to make a decision about breaking up. 

Kayla needs to delete Stephan’s number permanently. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, BXD said:

Danae is honestly the worst person on this show. He compares how Brianna is acting to domestic violence?? Get out of here and go do your own laundry. 

I wish Jade would just chill out. She doesn’t realize how good she has it. A few days after having a baby is not the time to make a decision about breaking up. 

Kayla needs to delete Stephan’s number permanently. 

Agree. Kayla needs to do herself a favor and go to college and forget about Stephan. That idiot is never going to step up.

I can't help, I kinda like Bar. He was so happy when Holly was born. I feel bad that he's caught in the middle between his nutty ass mom and Ashley.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Agree. Kayla needs to do herself a favor and go to college and forget about Stephan. That idiot is never going to step up.

I can't help, I kinda like Bar. He was so happy when Holly was born. I feel bad that he's caught in the middle between his nutty ass mom and Ashley.

I was so proud of the way Bar handled her (what is her name??) moods during the labor.  He took it like a champ.

"Don't touch me!"

"Don't touch the pillow!"

"Just stand over there away from me!". 

I couldn't stop laughing.  It was just about the realest thing I've seen on Teen Mom.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I'm seriously wondering how they live in such a nice, upscale neighborhood. Mom is obviously not a neurosurgeon, and Dad doesn't appear to be around. They seem the best off materially! Maybe they got the house in a divorce from a smart man with a good job. 

I thought that too and wondered if it was the stepdads money/job.  The mom has that look of a cosmetologist and I just imaged she does hair for a living.  I could be way off but I keep thinking that when I see her.  

1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Never had kids and zero experience with babies: Are people freaking out about picking up a sleeping baby because that will likely wake them and it takes forever to get them to sleep?

Yep, you're right!  When they're awake, they need to be fed, changed, rocked, held, whatever.  Naptime is the time to get shit done.  Take a shower, clean up, take a nap yourself, something cause babies are high maintenance and will need your attention while awake.  Or if your Jade that means spackle on makeup and attach spider legs to your lashes.  That girl does not get how hideous that looks, especially while chilling at home postpartum.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Or if your Jade that means spackle on makeup and attach spider legs to your lashes.  That girl does not get how hideous that looks, especially while chilling at home postpartum.

Amber Fartwood must be her idol.

• Love 7

My motto has always been leave a sleeping baby alone.  If you wake them they usually start crying, are cranky and tired and afterwards you say I should have left the baby alone to sleep.  I don’t let anyone wake my kids unless it’s necessary.  As another poster said, nap time is me time where I can do whatever I need to do uninterrupted, it’s invaluable.

• Love 5

I think I'm more sympathetic to Jade than others.  Boyfriend is kind of a mean-spirited guy, she seems to have post-partum depression and wth kind of childhood is she still recovering from? Her homeless parents showed up unexpectedly and were crashing on her bed and she was in such a stupor that she barely batted a (fake) eyelash.  

• Love 5
On 2018-04-17 at 12:24 PM, poeticlicensed said:

Did Danae walk in the house and PICK UP A SLEEPING BABY? I wanted to slap him for that and for demanding that Brianna do his laundry. 

WTF is up with the crazy spelled names? Izaiah with a Z and Kloie with a K? Why are they punishing their children with bizarrely spelled names? 

Danae: “What time did he go down?” *picks up sleeping baby*

I’m with you here - what the actual fuck? I’ll join you in the slapping. 

• Love 8

Jade is bugging me - you are all correct in saying she isn’t happy no matter what her boyfriend does. I do think he’s an idiot for quitting his job but then again they have MTV paychecks rolling in for the next little while so they should be fine. 

What I enjoyed the most about this episode was the chat between Kayla and her mom about Stefan.  Glad to see some good advice coming from some of the teen’s parents.  Unlike Lexi’s mom who seems completely fine with Kyler being a loser. 

• Love 4
On 4/17/2018 at 2:05 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I hope this doesn't make me sound like some kind of pervert, but I've been trying to imagine those two having sex.  Back in my day, there wasn't a lot of high school sex going on, so I don't know what it's "supposed" to be like, but I figure they're young, with hormones raging, and it must be really something.  But with those two, it seems like it would be desultory at best. 

I sure hope not because if you're going to ruin your life with a baby, I would hope the lead-in was really really worth it.

Bolding mine:  Come sit with me as I thought the same thing!!!  LOL!  I, too, was NOT into the sex thing in high school so I have nothing to measure it by, but these two seem so lackluster!!

Lexi, in her monotone voice:  "Kyler, you are turning me on."  Kyler, seeming distracted, "Uhhh....okay."

How sad that lovemakeing is described as desultory.

Edited to add:  I was NOT into the sex thing in high school!!  (Really, I wasn't!!!  LOLOL!)

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Just caught up with this show. As an original Teen Mom fan from Day 1, there does seem to real drama and issues with these couples. Much more real than TM OG and TM2.

To be fair, the OG cast members were also real in the first season. Then, the fame and the big fat checks started rolling in. The same shit will happen with these girls. They are already appearing on the After Shows with Nessa.

I am having such a hard time focusing on this series. The constant yelling, cursing, abusive nature of some of these people, you'd think after 8 years of Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2, I'd be used to it. 

I have FF through every scene featuring that one chick with the dark hair. I have no clue what her name is.

I just find myself wondering what the actual fuck is going on.

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 10

I've gotten really bad vibes from Danae from the very beginning, and I am happy to see that my gut feelings are now proving accurate. I think he has a lot of issues and is way less emotionally healthy and secure than Brianna. Just based on what has been shown so far, I feel there are the underpinnings of an abusive/domestic violence relationship at play with these two.  I noticed when Brianna's mother approached Danae about paying rent, she seemed to be walking on egg shells, afraid that she was going to set Danae off. She didn't speak to Danae from a position of authority, where she confidently told him that a plan for rent needed to be established. She acted like she was intimidated by him, and I believe that is based on his past behaviors.

• Love 14

I will never until my dying day understand why these mothers let their daughters' boyfriends move right in! Having those two dim bulbs playing house in my home would drive me right around the bend. If my daughter was stupid enough to get pregnant at 16, and insisted on keeping it. I'd let her stay home, but damned if I'd let her loser boyfriend move in! What is wrong with these people??

• Love 10
On 4/18/2018 at 2:07 PM, gunderda said:

Do we think Jade's lips are real or no?  I've been curious about this since the first episode.  Does anyone ever naturally have blow up doll lips? 

I don't know if Jade's are real, although you'd think with their money woes, the last thing they should be spending on is lip filler. My neighbor growing up had those bee-stung lips. This was 30 years ago, so that wasn't really a thing then and she didn't like the look. Even after all this time, they still look very full. So, it is possible.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I wonder if they have a subconscious (or conscious) fear that if they come down too hard on their daughters, the daughter will move out and take the baby with her.

I think this is it.

Danae has control issues. By latching onto Brianna's baby while still in utero, it only heightens my fears about him. His manipulative tactic to control Brianna is through her unborn baby. Her mother is possibly aware of this and rather than put her foot down, she is fearful of seeing her daughter take off with her boyfriend and taking the baby with her. In her mind, it is safer and she may feel more in control of the situation by having them under her roof.

• Love 10
On 4/23/2018 at 9:29 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I will never until my dying day understand why these mothers let their daughters' boyfriends move right in! Having those two dim bulbs playing house in my home would drive me right around the bend. If my daughter was stupid enough to get pregnant at 16, and insisted on keeping it. I'd let her stay home, but damned if I'd let her loser boyfriend move in! What is wrong with these people??

Exactly!!!! It seems like a reward. To the unmotivated young person, which of these scenarios sounds better?

A: parents let boyfriend move in and sleep in your bed every night, you don't have to work, your parents basically don't expect much of you beyond keeping the baby alive, and you get to hang with a cute baby every day (assuming you're the maternal, non-academic type). 

B: parents vehemently oppose your boyfriend ever spending a night with you or having sex, and probably limit the times he can come over, you have to go to school every day, you probably have a part-time job, and your parents hold you to high expectations. 

• Love 4

And don't the boys have parents?? Even if my son had been stupid enough to impregnate a girl in high school, I would damn sure not have signed off on my minor child moving in with his gf's parents! I can't believe that these kids parents are so insouciant about it. I would have plenty to say on that subject. Along the lines of "OH HELL NO".

• Love 4
On 4/17/2018 at 5:52 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I couldn’t believe how blatant that was! She’s all “I know I’m in the wrong,” and he’s like, “But you’re like an abuser who says they’ll change and then does it over and over. You realize that, right?”

That’s some ice cold psychopath shit. Brianna, RUN! He’s not your baby’s father, and you can run him out of your life for good. 

• Love 12
On 4/23/2018 at 10:09 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I wonder if they have a subconscious (or conscious) fear that if they come down too hard on their daughters, the daughter will move out and take the baby with her.

I think it is more about the mothers not having to wake up at 3am to help their daughters. I agree with them. Screw that, let the idiot that got her pregnant get up at 3am instead. Not like he has a job or anywhere important to be at.

• Love 3