Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Ponderosa

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

We did see loud, annoying Dom. Dom was loud and annoying the first few episodes. Then he was aggressivly targeting Chris at the swaps. He has a talking head after Chris was voted out saying now he needs to chill and fade to the background. Just because he is loud and obnoxious doesn't mean he is a bullying asshole.

Agree; in Dom’s case, it could simply mean he’s from Long Island.  ;>

And they did show us Wendell building stuff in the camps, we saw a lot of that. You could see the difference in camps and it was clearly the Wendell touch. 

IIRC one broadcast episode touched on that to any significant degree; a Wendell TH interspersed with video of some of his handiwork around camp, and maybe a complimentary TH or two by other players.

ETA: I believe it was after Naviti won the coffee challenge, because I think the coffee station (or whatever you want to call it) was part of what was shown.

The only thing they didn't show us was Sea Bass fishing, although we did see that in the first episode. 

Well... TPTB didn’t show Sebastian fishing, nor did they show Wendell fishing, nor did they show them fishing together, nor did they show any heart-to-hearts between Sebastian and Wendell while fishing....

Edited by Nashville
Expansion
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

If Dom had been as bad as they said he was, then we would have seen it.

We did see it, just not as much as the people who were there.  If they'd shown it all, this season would've become "that boring, predictable season Wendell walked away with and everyone knew it by 2/3 through."  If it even fit in the few minutes the broadcast tribal allows.  

4 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

We did see it, just not as much as the people who were there.  If they'd shown it all, this season would've become "that boring, predictable season Wendell walked away with and everyone knew it by 2/3 through."  

Instead it became, "It's so blatantly obvious Wendell or Dom wins, literally no one else has a a chance." That probably is still better though lol. I mean at least there were 2 possible contenders!

11 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Wendell's Business  name Beve Unlimited,  with some photos of the furniture. (Did we know he went to and graduated from law school after his undergrad work at Morehouse in Atlanta?

He's 33??? Damn, he looked about 22 out there, I was trying to figure out how he would have had time to graduate law school and change careers already. I should probably start reading more of the pre-show info about these contestants, you don't learn too much about them on the show, but he's got an interesting story. Besides the million bucks, this show is going to be a huge boost to his business, that's a tough market to be in, but all the exposure should do great things for him. 

We did see loud, annoying Dom. Dom was loud and annoying the first few episodes. Then he was aggressivly targeting Chris at the swaps. He has a talking head after Chris was voted out saying now he needs to chill and fade to the background. Just because he is loud and obnoxious doesn't mean he is a bullying asshole.

Agree; in Dom’s case, it could simply mean he’s from Long Island.  ;>

Lol. Yup, I feel like part of my problem with him in the beginning was that he reminded me of my B-I-L who's also an Italian from Long Island. There's a brashness or bluntness to him that isn't actually him being an asshole, but if you're not used to the personality type, it comes off very abrasive. He either toned it way down or the editors started showing different moments from him, because there were several incidents I can think of where I expected him to get loud and try to control people and he instead talked very calmly to people one-on-one. 

Sea Bass and Donathon were discussing one incident that happened at one tribal council, the final 6 tribal. Part of what they were calling bullying was the way Dom and Wendell pulled out their four idols and that Dom targeted Don at that tribal council. That is the specific incident that they were discussing. 

This is where a personality like Dom's (or Tony Vlachos') is a big factor. That idol play, like Tony's final 4 lie about his idol, shouldn't have worked. In Dom's case, I'm still not sure why it did. If they had an idea it was fake, why not call his bluff? If it WAS real, one of them was going home. If it wasn't real, Dom himself goes home. Given that not voting for him resulted in one of them going home anyway, take the shot. Especially with Sebastian's extra vote, they had a great play to make. I feel like that's the root of Sebastian's anger, he had his chance and he let Dom manipulate him into not taking it. 

Sebastian's Ponderosa was pretty good, he's definitely the type who needs more context. When they would run his weird little soundbites out of context, he seemed like he was trying to play the weirdo, here it seemed more like an extension of his sense of humor. 

I can kinda see what someone upthread said about people seeming a little standoffish with Donathan. They were friendly enough but it seemed like the editors put in quite a few shots of people making weird faces while he was talking. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, enoughcats said:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Wendell's Business  name Beve Unlimited,  with some photos of the furniture. (Did we know he went to and graduated from law school after his undergrad work at Morehouse in Atlanta?

Aw, they made a desk for Libby.  I am an old softie and I love to see people from opposite tribes be friends after the game.

Although I complained about this season, it sometimes occurs to me (like at work today, for no reason) that Wendell won and it actually brightens my day.  That is the kind of thing I cannot admit in real life, because it's so silly.  But I can't help it, I love the guy!

Edited by KimberStormer
  • Love 2
On 5/31/2018 at 10:09 PM, enoughcats said:

(Did we know he went to and graduated from law school after his undergrad work at Morehouse in Atlanta?

In the first episode but the name of the college wasn't mentioned. Wendell had a talking head about it when he and Domenick were building the shelter together. It made me think - here's a cool guy! That's when their alliance started, too, and made me interested to see if it would hold throughout the season.

(edited)

Still no Ponderosa from Angela but we do have this pic from night 39 at Ponderosa

And this one taken about an hour after final tribal council.

Edited by LanceM

Contestants get to decide things like that?  Seems absolutely at odds with being on a reality tv show.  Oh I want to play for the million but don't put me on tv.  What?  What if they all did this?  

Doesn't ring true.  

2 hours ago, marys1000 said:

Contestants get to decide things like that?  Seems absolutely at odds with being on a reality tv show.  Oh I want to play for the million but don't put me on tv.  What?  What if they all did this?  

Doesn't ring true.  

Well, Angela was never the most scintillating personality on television.  If Angela was feeling butthurt after her elimination and told Production “to hell with it and to hell with all of you”, it wouldn’t surprise me TOO much if the crew just threw up their hands and said, “ahhh, just as well....”  ;)

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, LanceM said:

Mystery solved. According to Donathon on reddit, Angela didn't want a Ponderosa video so they never filmed it.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, marys1000 said:

Doesn't ring true.  

I believe it. Ponderosa is different then the show. It has become far more produced since it debuted. It used to be filming the day to day life at Ponderosa and show more what the jury was doing and less a 10-15 minute interview with the most recent juror. I can see someone saying they don't want to shoot anything and Production being OK with that. I guess I see Ponderosa as closer to appearing at the Reunion then being on the show.