Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Ponderosa

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, TV-Lurker said:

Michael had a beer in his hands (Corona) when he greeted Kellyn at Ponderosa.  

I saw that but I think it was for Kellyn. The lime was sticking out and then she had the Corona in her hand. That said, I'm sure he was drinking like a fish. LOL!!

• Love 1

I am sure Michael was drinking like a fish and I am sure we will see none of it on camera. 

Kellyn's video was fine. I didn't have a problem with her. My Mother in Law sent me a memory jar that no one in the family uses but it is a thing now and Kellyn strikes me as the type of person who would use one. 

• Love 1

In 13 Reasons Why they were literally paper 'compliment bags' hung on the wall for each student to put a compliment for the others into.  (Which is of course a terrible idea in high school.)

I don't mind Michael drinking there, he's legal there.  I was laughing at Kellyn carrying two Coronas into her room, though.  I would do that, too.  

7 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

In 13 Reasons Why they were literally paper 'compliment bags' hung on the wall for each student to put a compliment for the others into.  (Which is of course a terrible idea in high school.)

I don't mind Michael drinking there, he's legal there.  I was laughing at Kellyn carrying two Coronas into her room, though.  I would do that, too.  

Screw two, I'd get a bucket. Although two would probably be enough to get me drunk. And I would want a far better beer then Corona. 

• Love 1

Did Kellyn say she had given up caffeine before Survivor?  IIRC, for a while there was coffee at camp.  Could some of her gregariousness be attributed to caffeine hitting the empty stomach of a chatty person?

On 5/3/2018 at 3:29 AM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

OMG that commercial at the end.... hilarious!!

That was funny, except where they spelled "Invigorating" wrong, lol.

I saw the disappointment on Libby’s face when she learned his age.  There was a touch of sadness, just s touch.  She had probably been fantasizing about a relationship when home.  

I saw that too. That's gotta be an unwelcome shock. It's one thing to have a 6-year age difference when you're firmly into adulthood, but an 18-year-old when you're 24 is a pretty big difference. Especially when you thought they were 22.

Regarding the weigh-ins, I continue to be shocked by certain people. Michael was 200 lbs at the start?? He was pretty cut from the start, from what I remember and if he's an underwear model, he must have been. I know muscle weighs more and blah blah blah, but that still seems like a lot for him. 

Someone posted an original Malolo tribe pic upthread and it's amazing how many people I had completely forgotten about. Like, not even a speck of memory and it was not that long ago. 

Chelsea's Ponderosa was pretty dull. 

Watching Kellyn's now, did Libby just say "decomposing" (she meant "decompressing")? Yikes. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

did Libby just say "decomposing" (she meant "decompressing")? Yikes. 

Oh man, I heard that, too!  

(edited)

She sits eating a burger and fries and the others were served their lobster dinner VERY shortly after, judging by the amount of the burger she had left.    

I have come to accept the New Survivor.  They are fed more so the weight loss is less along with other details we have moaned about, no need to list them.  It has morphed into another game, entirely.   I went from shushing everyone in the room when watching (to hear strategy dialog) to multitasking.  I didn't even know that Becky was still there. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

Helen?  lol

I assume Kellyn could've waited for the dainty lobster dinner but opted for the faster pile of fat and carbs that they all seem to start with.  That latter might even be part of the script.  I admit to preferring to see them face the Five Guys looking meal while the others look on plate-less in amusement.  Heh.    

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Helen?  lol

I assume Kellyn could've waited for the dainty lobster dinner but opted for the faster pile of fat and carbs that they all seem to start with.  That latter might even be part of the script.  I admit to preferring to see them face the Five Guys looking meal while the others look on plate-less in amusement.  Heh.    

My humor was probably obscure for most.  I changed it to Becky realizing that Helen rhymed with Kellyn so I could get my point across.  :>)   

I do agree that the lobster meal was dainty and a cheese burger is what is called for as the first meal. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2

Ha, yeah, this is a resort they're at.  I'd like to go but the $400-$800/day rates might preclude that.  

Here is what Kellyn said about Libby in her q&a with Gordon Holmes.

Holmes: Libby?
Bechtold: Hard to get to know.

Jeez! Libby makes an effort to talk to Kellyn and she says she that? LOL!!!! She loves everyone else but says she has nothing.....0.......in common with Chris. And, yet she’s dating Bradley. Ugh!!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

And apparently watched 13 Reasons Why.  

LOL I said the same thing when I saw those bags. 

I didn't really hate Kellyn in the show and I thought she was fine here. The women seemed to really like her. The men seemed to not really care either way lol. 

• Love 1

I fully admit I did not care for kellyn on the show. And her ponderosa did nothing to change my mind. She seems very Taylor Swift-y where she thinks everything she does and says is amazing and her reactions are really over the top. Like her monologue about the mirror. Please stop. You are not saying anything insightful. I appreciate she’s such a big fan of the game but no. Just no. And the thing with the bags (we did that when I was at summer camp over a decade ago) was just too much. Did she bring all of that stuff with her or did production provide it? She just seems exhausting to be around and I’m really surprised everyone (including the press) seems to like her so much. But as she told us at least three times in her nine minute video, everyone was really excited she was the one there because she’s super fun. 

I haven’t thought Libby was exceptionally pretty until this episode. She looked absolutely gorgeous talking to kellyn. If that’s how she looks waking up, there’s no hope for the rest of us. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Make of this what you may.

D5B107AC-1B80-496C-9781-C2A7C9C4452F.jpeg

Lord, if those two procreate, their poor kids have zero hope for normal mouths. Or non-obnoxious personalities. 

Here is what Kellyn said about Libby in her q&a with Gordon Holmes.

Holmes: Libby?
Bechtold: Hard to get to know.

Jeez! Libby makes an effort to talk to Kellyn and she says she that? LOL!!!! She loves everyone else but says she has nothing.....0.......in common with Chris. And, yet she’s dating Bradley. Ugh!!

Eh, that seems fair. Libby making chit-chat while the 2 of them happen to be the only ones at the breakfast table one morning doesn't really equal making a connection. Libby seemed kind of reserved and given Kellyn's over-the-top personality, I can see why she would find Libby hard to know.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Make of this what you may.

D5B107AC-1B80-496C-9781-C2A7C9C4452F.jpeg

"but you got me, which some would argue is worth more."  Geez what an obnoxious, self-important thing to say.  Not surprised, tho. 

They both seem overly (disproportionately) impressed with themselves.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, UGAmp said:

I haven’t thought Libby was exceptionally pretty until this episode. She looked absolutely gorgeous talking to kellyn. If that’s how she looks waking up, there’s no hope for the rest of us. 

She really did look stunning in the breakfast convo with Kellyn. She sounded sick to me though.

10 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Lord, if those two procreate, their poor kids have zero hope for normal mouths.

This is so mean! I loled though.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I think the most beautiful thing filmed at Ponderosa is the hot steam from the coffee cup. I don't even drink coffee and it drawls me in every time.  Between the sun light and the hot steam from the coffee it's like a work of art. Too weird? Never mind. Move along. Nothing to see here. LOL!!!

• Love 4

Well, at least that swimsuit top is better than then one she had on the island. 

Kellyn needs one of those tourist tshirts. "I played Survivor in Fiji and all I got was this lousy tshirt and Bradley the Chinless Wonder"

• Love 2

Two more Ponderosas, Angelas not up yet.  I must admit, Seabass's was fun. I could see why  people love being around him even if he doesn't make for the most compelling tv

Sea Bass is permenantly high, isn't he? He does seem to be in on the joke though.

The response to Donathon was interesting. I expected that he was going to have a rough time at Ponderosa because of what people were saying in interviews. It was clear that his approach to the game was not well received out there but they seem to like him as a person. 

Except, don't forget Jenna mentioned, in her Ponderosa, that SeaBass told her she was hot now that she lost weight. Rude. Can't imagine those two are a couple like someone mentioned in another thread.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Except, don't forget Jenna mentioned, in her Ponderosa, that SeaBass told her she was hot now that she lost weight. Rude. Can't imagine those two are a couple like someone mentioned in another thread.

Thier instagram page tells a different story. There are all sorts of pictures of the two of them doing couply things.

Edited by ProfCrash
22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wonder why they haven't put Angela's ep up yet?

Do we normally get a Ponderosa vid for the very last evictee?  I ask because Angela had, what, one night and a half-day at Ponderosa at most before FTC?  My basic impression of the Ponderosa videos is the editors collect at least a couple of days of on-site content before assembling and publishing them.

In early seasons we saw much more of their personalities while in the game.   I remember knowing, Richard, Sue, Rudy, Greg, Coleen and Gervais quite well.  This season we got to know them a little at Ponderosa, Sea Bass, Jenna and Donathan being the stand outs.

The game has changed to be competition heavy, less camp talk.  I don’t remember seeing Sea Bass fish.  I didn’t even hear them talk about food or eat at camp. 

I remember shushing my husband and anyone in the room when it aired, using commercial breaks to once again explain there was no predictable plot, you have to listen to them talk to hear the strategy.   Every week I had to do this, I was a rabid fan.  Now I text, play spider solitaire and FF through the challenges, stopping only for the puzzle. 

I have to accept the new Survivor and stop mourning what this used to be.  sigh 

• Love 2
On 5/26/2018 at 10:24 AM, Wings said:

The game has changed to be competition heavy, less camp talk.  I don’t remember seeing Sea Bass fish.  I didn’t even hear them talk about food or eat at camp. 

Or seeing that Wendell regularly went fishing with him.  Until the FTC I didn't realize that Wendell had BUILT all these different structures around the camps that made camp life more comfortable, something that of course would weigh in his favor.

• Love 4
On 5/27/2018 at 6:44 PM, ratgirlagogo said:

Or seeing that Wendell regularly went fishing with him.  Until the FTC I didn't realize that Wendell had BUILT all these different structures around the camps that made camp life more comfortable, something that of course would weigh in his favor.

They showed Wendell building stuff early on and then later on showed him building the kitchen. It was one of the reasons the Naviti camp was so much nicer then the Malolo camp and why Bradley was bitching when he was swapped. It was when we heard he had changed professions and became a furniture maker. The only time I remember Sea Bass fishing was in the first episode when he had gone out with Chris and the two formed an alliance. THey were discussing how Sea Bass was a fisherman in his real life. 

THey only show the camp stuff now if it leads to an alliance or an idol find or something like that.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

THey only show the camp stuff now if it leads to an alliance or an idol find or something like that.

They should've shown more this season imo to show it since apparently it was a part of why Wendell won. 

They also really should've shown Dom in his full glory during the F5 TC so we could have understood Seb and Donathan's votes more. But considering they showed so much more of Dom than anyone else they are obviously bringing him back and they probably didn't wanna show him being a full on asshole.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I think too that if we'd seen him be a full-on asshole there would've been no suspense for the finale.  

8 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They should've shown more this season imo to show it since apparently it was a part of why Wendell won. 

They also really should've shown Dom in his full glory during the F5 TC so we could have understood Seb and Donathan's votes more. But considering they showed so much more of Dom than anyone else they are obviously bringing him back and they probably didn't wanna show him being a full on asshole.

Now see, the camp life discussions and the REAL interpersonal interactions - THAT’S the stuff I really really miss.  We need more of that, not more game show gimmicks.

• Love 4

I’m from the Philly area & I'm on the hunt for Wendell furniture creations & wares. Hopefully, there’s a pop up store in the future. I think he made the bench swing people were sitting on and he did something with the coffee area. It looked like a staging station for a Keurig type of thing. No wonder no one ever got rid of him. LOL!!!!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

We did see loud, annoying Dom. Dom was loud and annoying the first few episodes. Then he was aggressivly targeting Chris at the swaps. He has a talking head after Chris was voted out saying now he needs to chill and fade to the background. Just because he is loud and obnoxious doesn't mean he is a bullying asshole. Sea Bass and Donathon were discussing one incident that happened at one tribal council, the final 6 tribal. Part of what they were calling bullying was the way Dom and Wendell pulled out their four idols and that Dom targeted Don at that tribal council. That is the specific incident that they were discussing. 

No one in the season thought that Dom was poorly behaved. Loud, yes, but not an asshole. At least, I have not read interviews that through shade on Dom's game. And plenty of people had negative things to say about other people's games, specifically Chelsea and Donathon. This leads me to believe that Dom was loud (which we saw in many an episode) and very aggressive at one tribal (which we saw although not the full two hours).

And they did show us Wendell building stuff in the camps, we saw a lot of that. You could see the difference in camps and it was clearly the Wendell touch. 

The only thing they didn't show us was Sea Bass fishing, although we did see that in the first episode. 

Donathon was annoyed that Dom did not include Donathon in the final four, after Donathon blew up his game by dropping "truth bombs" and annoying pretty much everyone on the Jury. He was looking for a reason to not vote for Dom. Sea Bass gave him one. Wendell's more low key approach to camp life paid off. I am totally fine with that but I don't buy Donathon and Sea Bass's take on things. 

If Dom had been a Russell level asshat, we would have seen it because TPTB seem to think that we like watching massive, flaming assholes. I also think that Dom would not have gotten five votes if he had been Russell like in his behavior. And I seriously doubt that Laurel and Wendell would have wanted to work with Dom if Dom was a Russell, hell even a Brad/Coach, level asshat. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

And they did show us Wendell building stuff in the camps, we saw a lot of that. You could see the difference in camps and it was clearly the Wendell touch. 

I wouldn't say that was clear tbh. But they're not gonna show a lot of that kinda stuff because they just don't show stuff like that anymore.

I don't think anyone thinks Dom was a Russell-level asshole, especially since he got half the votes! But I still think they should've shown it if he was being as bullying at the F6 TC as Donathan/Seb are saying.

But ultimately the winner came down to Laurel and they did actually show us enough to realize/understand why she was gonna vote for Wendell. Actually, if she really was pretty close with Dom too, as Wendell said, they should've shown more of that so the final vote would've been suspenseful.

• Love 2

I suspect that Don and Sea Bass's comments surprised most folks. If Dom had been as bad as they said he was, then we would have seen it. We have seen plenty of that in past seasons but that is my take on things.