Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Ponderosa

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

He poses 'rite' pretty for an egocentric blond. Needs to learn the art of quiet.  I pity the next two voted to jury, that resort isn't big enough to escape certain personalities.

I really appreciated, during his rap, how hard the cameraman worked to keep filming above his Speedos.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Yeah they voted you out because they saw how "smart" you are.  It was that and your self awareness they feared. ROTFL

Whenever anyone says they were voted off for being too smart, all I can think of is "if you were that smart, you'd still be in the game."  And in this case, would have played their idol only good for one more TC.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Whenever anyone says they were voted off for being too smart, all I can think of is "if you were that smart, you'd still be in the game."  And in this case, would have played their idol only good for one more TC.

The smartest and most suavee man on the island thought he formed an alliance of 11, and none of them ended up voting with him, including himself, as he foolishly gambled away his vote.  

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Oh my god was that painful. Seriously painful. Just owwwwww

Seriously, they should have waited a week to vote him off so that we didn't have to suffer through an entire Ponderosa of just Chris.

Thank goodness Bradley didn't make the merge.  Can you imagine the hell the 3rd juror would go through being stuck at Ponderosa with Bradley and Chris?  

• Love 7

I'm always disappointed that the giant egos never really suffer from being voted out.  Nothing ever shakes their confidence in their own awesomeness.  Before he had finished the walk of shame he had re-written his ouster as a tribute to his intelligence  and challenge ability.  By the time he was standing on the scale he had  kicked off a lifetime of bragging about lasting so long in the game, and started giving advice to future contestants about when to play your idol.

• Love 7

O.M.G.  That ridiculous rap.  I'm sure Chris thinks that it's totally the bomb.  He has no idea how much the producers are punking him.

I was also LOLing earlier when he was leaning up against a tree, and there was soaring music overlaying his self-important inane word salad.  And then the shot of him running a hand through his hair (in slo-mo?). 

I do fear for the tone he is setting at Ponderosa.

• Love 3

I physically cringed when I saw the Ponderosa ad right after the ep - those poor jurors!!! And there is no way I am watching his solo ponderosa videos!!! I'll wait until the next elimination - unless it is Kellyn - then I will skip again!!!

• Love 3

Chris is one of those that doesn't realize people are laughing at him, not with him.  All those TH and footage he got on the show was TPTB mocking him, not reaffirming how awesome he is.  It will be interesting in Ponderosa when the next person arrives, because everyone aside from Des and Angela voted for him.  I'm sure that stung his ego a tad.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Chris is one of those that doesn't realize people are laughing at him, not with him.  All those TH and footage he got on the show was TPTB mocking him, not reaffirming how awesome he is.  It will be interesting in Ponderosa when the next person arrives, because everyone aside from Des and Angela voted for him.  I'm sure that stung his ego a tad.  

I doubt it stung his ego. I am sure he sees it as a badge of honor. He was such a strong player they had to vote him out. He had the physical and social game on point so he had to go.

• Love 1

I could be just naive but I find Chris really funny.  I can't take a thing he says seriously.  He has to be creating a parody of himself, doesn't he? Nobody is that clueless about themselves,are they?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Considering his gracious exit, I would expect him to be perfectly fine at Ponderosa.  Not a lot of players can turn to their nemesis after a total landslide blindside and sincerely say, "Well played," and then give out a hug.  

He exited the way I thought he would. He has played baseball at a pretty high level and is well aware that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. There is no reason to go out bitter and angry. I suspect he will be fine in terms of how he treats people. I also suspect that he will continue to rap and discuss everything from his prism and not do a great job listening. Wendell's voting speech was spot on. Chris is not a jerk, like Bradley, Chris is self-absorbed.

• Love 15

Agree with the two posts above. Chris's annoyingness doesn't come from a jerk place. He's more of a clown than anything else. He's a douche, to be sure, but more toward the "useless" end of the douche spectrum than the "harmful" end. 

I think Ponderosa will be fun. As excruciating as it is to have Chris around when you're trying to get something done, he's probably OK to hang with, especially once someone else gets there to join in the mockery.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Considering his gracious exit, I would expect him to be perfectly fine at Ponderosa.  Not a lot of players can turn to their nemesis after a total landslide blindside and sincerely say, "Well played," and then give out a hug.  

Totally agree.  I'd be a bitter jury member.   

Chris's rapping reminds me of the Superbowl Shuffle by the early '80's Bears.   

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

It will be interesting in Ponderosa when the next person arrives, because everyone aside from Des and Angela voted for him.  I'm sure that stung his ego a tad.  

Except he doesn't know the vote totals.  He knows two votes for him, two votes for a woman, then  (to reach a majority of 13 (?) ) he got five more votes.  So......he doesn't know how four people voted (I think I remember 13 total, could be wrong).  But until last night, he could have believed the vote went against him 7-6, and he's have no way to know any different.

I think they producers are hoping for a Dragonz-esque Ponderosa and while nothing will ever come close to the awesomeness of The Dragonz, I am willing to let them entertain me (and themselves) with music videos of Chris's terrible rapping.

Being the first one at Ponderosa lets Chris be the one who gets to show everyone else around, which I think he'll enjoy. I think some of his natural bossiness and need to be the center of attention can probably be channeled into giving bootees a nice welcome tour of Ponderosa: "I've tried the whole menu, so let me know if you have any questions about what to order," "If you decide to go snorkeling, I'll show you the best spot," and so on. On a normal vacation, it would be overbearing, but for people who have just been booted from the game, I think an eager guide who doesn't want or need you to talk in order to have a conversation with you is probably more welcome than not. The only thing you'd have to worry about with Chris is that he'd try to "coach" you on your mistakes in the game or explain why you were dumb to get him out.

• Love 8

Man, I love Chris. Just an absolute riot from top to bottom. I almost lost it at the rap video. The Ponderosa employees using mister fans on him with looks of utter disdain had me rolling.

I'm gonna need Chris to do a rap in every video featuring appearances with each new guest.

Also, I want Dom out next just so they have to spend 3 days alone together.

• Love 6

That was fantastic. I want to give Chris some appreciation in such a blah season, being an actual Survivor character who gave me some entertainment. And really that's all Survivor should be. Entertainment. 

I'm trying to determine if I liked Snow White MC's rap video better than The Dragonz' music video. Chris does feel like a millennial Coach. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

He's so boyish and awkward, there is something strangely likable there, or at least un-hate-able (speaking personally, of course).  But I didn't hate Bradley, either.

I agree and think this cast has a lower level of malicious assholery than average. Chris is super impressed with himself and Bradley struck me as being very insecure underneath all his bravado, but it doesn't seem like either one actually set out to hurt anyone or make anyone miserable. I saw Chris's one-upping of everyone around him as ham-fisted attempts to find common ground with people. I don't think he was ever trying to belittle people or minimize their accomplishments, even though it sometimes came off that way.

• Love 6

I'd love nothing more than Dragonz 2.0, but the problem is that 1.0 was predicated on JT and Coach having some actual musical ability. With Chris in the lead, we're starting out with a talent deficit.

• Love 4
(edited)

In S30 they formed a band and even did a music video.  Given how ugly and blah that season was, would have been nice to maybe get some fun footage at their Ponderosa.  Depending who goes next, I can see just about everyone in this cast being game at forming a band.  However scary that might be.

I agree and think this cast has a lower level of malicious assholery than average. Chris is super impressed with himself and Bradley struck me as being very insecure underneath all his bravado, but it doesn't seem like either one actually set out to hurt anyone or make anyone miserable. I saw Chris's one-upping of everyone around him as ham-fisted attempts to find common ground with people. I don't think he was ever trying to belittle people or minimize their accomplishments, even though it sometimes came off that way.

I think Bradley was trying, badly, to play a character and villain.  Either Chris isn't self aware or, as some have said, was merely a parody of himself and was in on the joke.  I'm conflicted what I think just from last night about him.  I do think he's a little in love with himself and smarter than he thinks.  And maybe it's not all parody.  In an interview with Gordon Holmes, he said he was surprised when he saw the footage of Laurel talking about having to bite her tongue and not laugh at him when the first tribe swap happened, and he was talking highly of himself and his accomplishments.  Either way, I don't like him, but it's a weird kind of dislike.  Not the Bradley or Kellyn dislike where they can't go away fast enough.  He's just dislikable, but entertaining in a bumbling kind of way. 

Edited by LadyChatts

The mayor of Ponderosa always sets the tone for those who follow. Chris seemed a little angry with Wendell in his exit press but that was because of Wendell’s voting tirade. Chris wouldn’t know any of that so I think he’d be okay with him. Also, at the time he liked Donathan, too. He even hugged Dom on the way out. Chris is too goofy to be angry with anyone because he isn’t self aware enough. I think Ponderosa will be relatively calm. The jury phase at Ponderosa is always a fun time. The only thing I miss from the Ponderosa videos (besides the shortness of them) is when they would show them at the next Tribal Council. You would get a glimpse of what they were wearing, how they cleaned up and imagine who they were really looking at with the Jeff voice over. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2

Chris's rap video is hilarious! I basically laughed all the way through it. I never knew I would find him funny in and outside of the game. 

He doesn't seem to be angry after getting voted out. I think he will set a good tone at Ponderosa. I went from disliking him pre game to actually finding him somewhat likeable.

• Love 6

Chris is in for a lot of surprises when he watched the show and sees how people really feel about him.  That 11 person match to get water was hilariuos.

• Love 4

I came here just to comment on this Ponderosa. SO. BAD. So much 2nd hand embarrassment.

He speaks of himself in 3rd person, by his full name.

He was voted out because they feared his smartness?

Oh lord, the kind of delusion.

11 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

I came here just to comment on this Ponderosa. SO. BAD. So much 2nd hand embarrassment.

He speaks of himself in 3rd person, by his full name.

He was voted out because they feared his smartness?

Oh lord, the kind of delusion.

In his (small) defense the first juror at Ponderosa has no one to react to. It’s the first juror and a camera person. Of course, Chris would probably still talk about himself in the 3 rd person if he was the 1st juror or the 9th. The real test and interesting take for me will be when he greets the next person. Will it be about himself or will he let the next juror enjoy the arrival experience? That said, if he does a rap in front of that person all bets are off. LOL!!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, enoughcats said:

Except he doesn't know the vote totals.  He knows two votes for him, two votes for a woman, then  (to reach a majority of 13 (?) ) he got five more votes.  So......he doesn't know how four people voted (I think I remember 13 total, could be wrong).  But until last night, he could have believed the vote went against him 7-6, and he's have no way to know any different.

There were only 12 votes because Chris gave up his right to vote during that Tribal Counsel. But only Chris (and Jeff) knew that. And 7 votes was still needed to get him out.

(edited)

https://youtu.be/1TFp5vmdTmE

Libby's Ponderosa.

Was the really that blindsided?  She knew the vote was between her and Michael.  Only real blindside is she didn't know Michael had an idol.  And heck, Michael didn't even vote for her.

Libby's got some nail polish still on her toes, but I'm always amazed that nail polish holds up that well in those elements.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Thanks for posting the link. I couldn't find it on CBS's site or at YouTube for some reason.

I have never heard of a grilled peanut butter sandwich.

Damn, she lost 13 pounds. That is crazy.

Love that Chris shows up for a hug carrying a beer for himself but nothing for Libby. LOL

I do think that Chris and Libby will set a good vibe for everyone. I can't wait to see what she cooks up in the kitchen.

I like how she allowed herself to be upset and then worked to adjust her attitude.

Overall a good Ponderosa.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I have never heard of a grilled peanut butter sandwich.

Ever had peanut butter and jelly French toast?  Just make the PB&J sandwich, then dip both sides of the sandwich in a beaten egg.  Cook on a griddle like regular French toast.  No syrup needed . . . just a little bit of butter on the top if you wish.  But be careful . . . the peanut butter will be hot when you cut into it.

• Love 2

Libby is so beautiful and I loved her attitude. I wish I didn't know she voted for Trump lol.

I lost it at Chris greeting her with a beer, for himself. That's so Chris!

I wanna try what Libby made. That looked delicious. They need to put the recipe online!

• Love 4

Libby doesn't take a bad or unflattering picture.  Half of, no, almost all the women of Hollywood would sell their _________ to look that good without makeup.  

About her cooking, she did say that the tribes said they would follow her to get her recipes. 

Heck, maybe they voted her off because if she talked about food, that might have left them hungrier?

That was funny when Chris didn't have a drink waiting for Libby. Yup! That's classic Chris.  I know he's a fan of the show so I'm surprised that he didn't have a drink waiting but maybe he didn't know what she liked?!? Nah! That's just Chris. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

They removed the video from his Ponderosa clip? Because it was on the Ponderosa clip last week.

It's still there too. I think I had looked at the wrong video. I blame my hangover from last night. Sorry, y'all.

Edited by ByaNose